Designers » N-Q » Oriental Floral « Groups

The Coveted Duchess Rose Penhaligon`s for women

The Coveted Duchess Rose Penhaligon`s for women
dislike

The Coveted Duchess Rose by Penhaligon`s is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. The Coveted Duchess Rose was launched in 2016. The nose behind this fragrance is Christophe Raynaud. The fragrance features mandarin orange, rose, musk and woody notes.

Mandarin Orange Rose Musk Woody Notes

Dom Rosa
Vaara

The Coveted Duchess Rose Fragrance Reviews

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

The Coveted Duchess Rose opens as a feisty, prickly rose. This is no dainty pink petals, but a tart, plum-like, occasionally wine-y red rose. A prominent green peppery note surrounds the carmin petals, like the thorns protecting the rose as well as bringing in a certain freshness and modernity.

The fragrances becomes sweeter with time, and reaches its peak at around 1 hour after I applied it on my skin. Although the green peppery note is always present, the rose still turns quite jammy at one point, as if the rose is soaked in mandarine syrup.

Fortunately, The Coveted Duchess Rose never becomes gooey, as the green peppery note has a rather dry texture, which helps to keep the sweetness in check. About 2 hours in, the sweetness calms down significantly, while the woods and white musk kick in. The mild wood replaces the green pepperiness in the dry down, and the soft musk is like a fluffy cloud, upon which the delicate, now almost pink rose petals float.

The sillage is relatively close, and the longevity can surpass 12 hours.

I was expecting another bland pink rose muffled by white musk early on. Therefore, the spiky, ruby rose opening of The Coveted Duchess Rose had me positively surprised. Even though it eventually resolves to a pretty pink rose supported by white musk, the proportion is well calibrated so that the white musk does not overshadow the rose on my skin. However, in the end, The Coveted Duchess Rose doesn't go beyond being pretty, and one can find either a well-made thorny rose or an elegant pink rose at a more reasonable price. I'd recommend it to avid fans of rose soliflore, but those who are indifferent to rose fragrances might not find it much special.

MissGabrielleO
MissGabrielleO

The sweet SA in London's Covent Garden guided me to this. She was delightfully English with her red hair, tea dress and oxblood lipstick and through the sheer desire to look like her, I agreed to let her "introduce me to the family". Naturally I was drawn to the Duchess, being a rose devotee.

The first few whiffs were lovely, albeit nothing groundbreaking. Rose, a bit of sweet, a bit of the animal, but the bottle was lovely enough for me to want to purchase it. I asked to walk around for a few hours to let it develop.

Tragically, this perfume developed into play-doh, pure and simple. There is something about Penhaligon's perfumes (with the exception of the ultra-fresh Peoneve and a select number of their other soliflores) that doesn't sit well with my body chemistry and the lovely Duchess was no different. I assume the play-doh smell came from the Musk note but it was unpleasant.

Tragically (though happily for my wallet) the entire family - most of all the Duchess - was a miss for me.

RubyBirdy
RubyBirdy

This is a pleasant and competent rose, but it is one you've smelled before - possibly several times. Definitely nothing new or groundbreaking. It's a mix of rosewater and jam with a subtle woody backbone. Rose lovers will enjoy it, but it's hard to get excited about this, or justify the price tag. There's just not much going on.

Migotka
Migotka

I tried it in Penhaligon's store the other day- really nice. I must say I am surprised as the other scents from the collections were not that impressive, and thi sone was delicious and super long lasting- I oculd smell it well on my writs 10 hours later. It's a beautiful, woody rose, quite romantic and not to ostrong, but with a character of its own.

The price however is something that I find really offputting- not sure it's worth 178 GBP for 75 ml (or should I say, I am sure it is not)- it's a steep price to ask for a lovely, but not amazingly lovely, scent.

glitteralex
glitteralex

I cannot wait for this! As the founder of a wolf(dog) rescue, I have snuggled with many a canid. Wolves' ears and fur smell like a beautiful mix of Bulgarian Rose, Beeswax, and Musk. The closest any perfume has ever come is Fleurs de Bulgarie by Creed (corroborated by other wolf snugglers). Looks like Christophe Raynaud hit the nail on the head with this composition, likely unbeknownst to him!

b.n. Loup Mechant by L'Artisan Perfumer smells nothing like a wolf; instead it represents a fantasy concept of the medieval forests which ran rife with European Wolves (alas, no more...)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Penhaligon`s The Coveted Duchess Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Penhaligon`s The Coveted Duchess Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify The Coveted Duchess Rose by Penhaligon`s. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of The Coveted Duchess Rose by Penhaligon`s represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.