Designers » N-Q » Floral Aldehyde « Groups

Perry Ellis Perry Ellis for women

aldehydic

Perry Ellis by Perry Ellis is a Floral Aldehyde fragrance for women. Perry Ellis was launched in 1985. Top notes are bergamot, aldehydes, fruity notes, pineapple and violet; middle notes are jasmine, geranium, ylang-ylang, orris root, rose and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are vetiver, musk, sandalwood, oak moss, virginia cedar, amber and civetta.

Bergamot Aldehydes Fruity Notes Pineapple Violet

Jasmine Geranium Ylang-Ylang Orris Root Rose Lily-of-the-Valley

Vetiver Musk Sandalwood oak moss Virginia Cedar Amber Civetta

Perry Ellis Fragrance Reviews

Marie69
Marie69

Happy memories if not blurred by the decades and volumes of nouveau beaujolais back in the day LOL. The 80´s, what a blast. Testing a vintage mini, in a lovely slim bottle and great to know that this was never reformulated as I saw some on ebay for a decent price. In some ways it reminds me of Nahema, more spicy though. Rich amber sweetened leathers, with woods and herbaceous aromatics that tipple on the edge of sweet, but never enter, remaining within their tingly green realm. This perfume is a marketplace of rich and layered scents mingling together in bourbon richness layering old world glamour upon the powerful veneer of the modern woman. This smooth sailing firefly of a perfume is worthy of note. RIP Perry Ellis and thank you for this beauty. I have not smelled any of the flankers but would not hesitate to bet that this one may well surpass all. Young perfumistas, give this fragrance a try.

PS 100% agree with Scarlett below as I was also thinking of Estee Lauder Knowing, tiny touch of Private Collection,,and also of original Magie Noire Lancome.

Starlett_Sexton
Starlett_Sexton

You know being a big fan of Perry Ellis Brand this is 100 percent different from any PE scent I have smelled quite a few I have worn PE 360 for what seems like a lifetime and I always loved it and received compliments year after year Perry Ellis 360 goes on almost like a clean hair spray smell but i loves it from start to finish not so much anymore now the original Perry Ellis smells so fantastic if I smelled this on someone and had no clue who had created it I would of thought of brands such as Estée Lauder or Lancôme I guess the saying is true once Perry Ellis died the perfumes were not made with class like this beauty it's so unique and very clean smelling to me it seems really fresh and clean this I way easier and more like able to wear the (360) and I think I am gonna move on from 360 and start a chapter with this one I am floored by how beautiful it lays on my skin the dry down I do smell hints of EL Knowing which i like but a fresher version the civet oh it's in the dry down big time and oak moss also. This lasted with 4 or 5 sprays 4 days on my clothes not as long on skin but I can get about 6 hours with 3 sprays on my wrist! I'm very glad I own this it's a new favorite!

enigmaticessence
enigmaticessence

Another one of those 'not me' scents that I would gladly stretch to wear on occasion. A friend is so perfect in this, it feels like I'm around her. Queenkey is right that it would layer well!

The word 'Fuzzy' comes to mind, but only in part because of the aldehydes. It also has a soft greenness and a smell resembling another one of my favorite fragrances on her : Bill Blass Bill Blass. Naturally the pineapple would be one of the correlating notes, but since it doesn't stand out I assume there must be others as well.

Orris root and oakmoss do not surprise as this is a very stabilizing scent. It is work worthy and still quite feminine and alluring. If you can carry this off it is like a second skin flattering the woman, and not what she is wearing.

Good sillage and lasting power. Beautiful!

scentee
scentee

I just bought a bottle again in 2014, after not using it since the late 80's. I agree with Bridgette, that it is pretty harsh at first; but find it smells much better after a good hour after application.

I've always considered this a mature fragrance and wore it to the office; best in the winter.

queenkey
queenkey

I bought this as a blind buy but I don't regret purchasing it at all. This is 80's scent. It's almost a tickle your nose(aldehyde). To my nose the rose is dominate. Musky, fruity, woody and the like. I also blend other single scent note fragrances with it sometimes to give it a different edge. Wonderful! I have the edp.,which seems to stay longer. Don't know if they reformulated it, know doubt they may have, like they do all fragrances.

bridgette
bridgette

Smells like cheap soap with that signature funky smell all Perry Ellis perfumes seem to have. Tried several Perry Ellis scents. Tried them on several different occasions on different spots to make sure my nose wasn't having an off day, but nope, they just smell icky.
Not for me. The do smell a tad better once they have sat on skin for a good while. But the first half hour to hour is just a harsh smell.

athenian
athenian

Got a 1.7 oz pure perfume. This is to die for. I do like the vintage eau de toilette but it doesn't compare to the perfume. Stunning composition.

almarie
almarie

I used to wear this in 1991-1992, when I was 12/13 years old. I adored this scent! It takes me back to those days! Carefree and then some!

missy.miller
missy.miller

THIS! My signature scent in my 20's. People would leave their tables in restaurants to ask what scent I was wearing. It was that intoxicating. I had to give a used bottle to a beautiful male friend so he would stop sniffing me in public. The sillage while vast was reportedly not annoying. When it was discontinued my sister and I bought up every bottle we could get our hands on. I have tried to recreate this scent many times, coming close, but never succeeding. Siiiigh. After a long journey to find another signature scent I capitulated and bought 2 bottles on EBAY. Just the perfect scent for me.

Scout
Scout

Absolute classic. The 80s in all their glory. (and I mean this in a good way. There's a lot of the 80s I don't care if it ever comes back except for a museum).
This is a woman who worked hard for her education and her money and put on those pantyhose and those heavy suits and dammit was going to smell good doing it.
Sweet authority! Now buy me a drink.

I had never heard of this fragrance until recently, when I stumbled across it on line being sold for a song. Being a vintage floral aldehyde and oakmoss lover, I can say this does not disappoint. I was hoping for something resembling some of my old favorites in this category - like Ivoire de Balmain or Paloma Picasso. This doesn't smell like either of these, but it definitely impresses. I am so often disappointed with reformulations of scents in this category, but one sniff of this told me this is the real deal. The oak moss here is genuine, the aldehydes crisp and bright. There is an underlying sweetness to this that I wasn't truly expecting. Not the obvious sweetness as in current scents, but a very subtle fruity sweetness that can go entirely undetected if you are used to smelling the sugary scents of today. This sweetness lends a softness to this scent, and tones down the green that is so prevalent in oak moss perfumes. The civet isn't noticeable on me. This is a blind buy gone right, very right. I adore this.

krmarich
krmarich

This forgotten beauty from 1985 harkens back to a time when Perry Ellis was alive and fully in control of his art. He reached out to France to come up with an elaborate fruity floral wonder. It was a cousin to Lauren.

Its very summery-I think of hot July days and picnics at the beach. Aldehydes & grape bubble gum! Cape Cod and mild East Coast sunshine. Of course NYC on hot summer nights. Your date has a very French accent. Violet, rose, iris, jasmine and sandalwood wrapped in rich oakmoss. Oh yes, the civet note was pretty strong. Its was rather sophisticated and exotic for the American market. The bottle is like a fine sculpture!

Like a super nova, it burned bright and disappeared as quickly as it arrived. There are some vintages here and there on the internet. It was never reformulated, so you will get an original beauty. Its worth the effort! Its a far cry from the synthetic waters on the market today from the house posing as Perry Ellis.

EDP Mini 0.25oz
Perry by Perry Ellis Eau de Parfum Spray .25 oz Mini Unboxed for Women
Perry by Perry Ellis Eau de Parfum Spray .25 oz Mini Unboxed for Women
Beautyspin.com
Perry Ellis America Eau De Toilette for women 5.0 oz
Perry Ellis America Eau De Toilette for women 5.0 oz
Reserve
Perry Ellis new Perfume by Perry Ellis, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
Perry Ellis New by Perry Ellis Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz Tester for Women
Perry by Perry Ellis Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz for Women
Perry Black Perfume by Perry Ellis, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Perry Black Perfume by Perry Ellis, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
ThePerfumeSpot.com
America by Perry Ellis, 5.1 oz Eau de Toilette, Spray. For women.
America by Perry Ellis, 5.1 oz Eau de Toilette, Spray. For women.
America by Perry Ellis EDT Spray 5 oz for Women
Perry by Perry Ellis EDT Spray 3.4 oz for Women
Perry Ellis New by Perry Ellis Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz for Women
Perry Ellis New by Perry Ellis Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz for Women
Reserve
Perry Ellis New by Perry Ellis Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz Body Lotion 3 oz Pearl Bracelet In A Organza Bag for Women
Walgreens
Perry Ellis Black Eau de Parfum Spray - 3.4 oz.
Perry Ellis Black Eau de Parfum Spray - 3.4 oz.
Perry Ellis New by Perry Ellis Eau de Parfum Spray 3.4 oz Body Lotion 6.7 oz Shower Gel 6.7 oz for Women
Gift Set
Reserve Gift Set
Reserve Gift Set
Eau De Toilette 5oz
Perry Ellis America Eau de Toilette Natural Spray for Men - 5 oz.
Perry Ellis America Eau de Toilette Natural Spray for Men - 5 oz.
Perry Ellis 360 White Eau de Parfum Spray for Women - 3.4 fl oz
Perry Ellis 18 Eau de Parfum Spray for Women - 3.4 fl oz
Gift Set
Perry Ellis New Gift Set
Perry Ellis New Gift Set

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Perry Ellis Perry Ellis fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Perry Ellis Perry Ellis, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Perry Ellis by Perry Ellis. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Perry Ellis by Perry Ellis represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.