Designers » N-Q » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Antigua Phaedon for women and men

Antigua Phaedon for women and men
dislike

Antigua Phaedon for women and men Pictures

Antigua by Phaedon is a Chypre Fruity fragrance for women and men. Antigua was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Guillaume. Top notes are bergamot, grapefruit, lime, apricot and guava; middle notes are rose, fig leaf and peach; base notes are musk, vanilla, patchouli, vetiver and oakmoss.

Bergamot Grapefruit Lime Apricot Guava

Rose Fig Leaf Peach

Musk Vanilla Patchouli Vetiver Oakmoss

Mure et Musc Extreme

Antigua Fragrance Reviews

spartan
spartan

This Juice smells like Black cherry menthol cough drops....upon first application..Fruity in A Femanine way... very figgy..the apricot & Guava really come out in this...Great Female Fragrance..Not for Men...

Cereza
Cereza

"Antigua" is the best I've tried from Phaedon. The thing with this house - it tends to lack something in the composition - I suspect depth and complicity.
Case with "Antigua" is that this little summer gem doesn't need any of those qualities to be gorgeus.
This is the frist scent with guava I've tried and I'm hooked - the feeling of summer beaches and sunkissed skin and all things sparkling and warm! Seriously - this is such a happy scent, the best thing - it's very wearable and easy to like, so would make a perfect every day scent in those too hot days.

It did lack longevity for me as most of Phaedon's scents does, but I guess for such a scent it's ok to last just 5 hours and from other reviews I see it's not an issue for everyone.

Worth a sample!

rdickey
rdickey

Smells like Carmex to me. :-(

marcus71x
marcus71x

Seekritdude you have hit the nail on the head with your review. I liked it at first but started noticing the BO smell and now that's the only thing it reminds me of.

becuille
becuille

This is deceptively simple. So much so that I nearly wrote it off as a linear grapefruit scent. But under the surface, there's so much more going on.

The grapefruit is definitely the star of the show, but there's a lovely creamy peach lounging around in the background, a gorgeous, earthy oakmoss offering a nice depth and a dark vanilla making the whole thing sexy.

It's a blast of fruits. Very tropical. I'm not familiar with guava as a note (or as a food, for that matter) so I can't comment on that. However, a friend assures me she can smell it and it's lovely.

This is a summer scent. Maybe even the summer scent. It's vibrant, sparkling, cheerful and tropical. Lounging on a private beach with coconut trees and the background as you sip from your umbrella-ed drink and run towards the turquoise water to take a dip and splash your partner.

It's got pretty stellar longevity (I get around 10 hours from 2 sprays). I'd like the sillage to be a little stronger than it is though.

Happy in a bottle.

seekritdude
seekritdude

So there are gonna be 2 drastically different thoughts in this review... Mine.. And the reactions I got while wearing this...

For me this was very alcohol smelling. Like a juicy/fruity/sorta gin and tonic cocktail/summer drink mash up of sorts. I get a lot of gauva in this and to me that makes this pretty unique as I cant recall smelling this in a fragrance before. Doing a quick check here on fragrantica its in one of the bond number 9s that ive certainly worn before, but I guess this is the first time ive noticed it so prominently in anything.

Anyway I think it smells alright, not bad, not good, just ok. But its interesting and again smells unique in a way to me.

Now other opinions while I wore this however were not kind. 2 that stand out were, one person said I smelt like a drunk girl. OK I accept that. It does smell girly in a way. And I also think this has a very strong alcoholish note to it.

And the other was that I stank of armpit BO. I was like.. what? No no no. You must have smelled something else, smell again. She came closer, her face again showed disgust. She asked me if I was wearing some sort of joke perfume that is suppose to smell like BO to be funny.

Confused, I started smelling myself more trying to see where she was getting it. And I guess honestly in a way though, I think I can see where she is coming from. I can see how this actually could smell like armpit BO.

Now intrigued I even then searched for guava and well BO on google. Sure enough, I guess some people to their nose gauva smells like armpit BO.

lol so there you have it. I guess the positive perspective on this would be its a very juicy, sorta fruity, summery, cocktail of sorts. Pessimistic side is you might smell like BO to some people.

Not good. =/ For what its worth projection and longevity were quite good, and I had people commenting on me from quite a distance away, even with my small sample.

Bergamot and Guava bursting forth from this juice what a tropical opening. I greatly anticipated this fragrance and it hasn't disappointed one bit. An exotic cocktail, Antigua feels like wearing bermuda shorts and the loudest hawaiian shirt complete with a lei around your neck! As such may not be to everyones taste but this just screams me all over and a recent addition to my collection was an oud perfume with a guava top note and that is incredible.
Patchouli, vetiver and a musky base... simple really. As perfect for summer as something like Creed's Virgin Island Water but with better longevity & projection also crucially, much better value for money.
I love Antigua and as I suspected Phaedon is turning out to be a real quality house offering awesome fragrances at competitive prices.

michali
michali

Thank you Kterhark for the sample.
I do smell the fruit,it's a juice bar blast
That is cheerful and happy
,after a few minutes the grapefruit is the dominant ingredient
on my skin,will see what happens in an hour from now.
It a very pretty perfume,unisex ,fresh, young and clean but not soapy.

Ok. After an hour,almost nothing but a clean feeling,
my skin absorbed it all,but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Will try again tomorrow with a bigger dose.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I don't know how but for the first 40 min I get fir. Really, fir. And I've worn it three times. Maybe Lucky Scent sent me the wrong sample, it's happened before.

But the dry down is unmistakingly patchouli, which is a note listed. In all, I like this scent. The opening is decidedly masculine, and the closing unisex. I like patchouli so this works for me but this is not a 'soft, ladylike fragrance.' It's an interesting fragrance that doesn't change much and has medium sillage. It's more grounded and less chrome-like, which is a route patchouli sometimes takes on me.

I don't get any citrus or fruits. I would never guess the notes above based on sampling. Faint traces of vetiver, and hints of green. Recommend trying; if nothing just to be surprised. This is a good, solid submission.

Volta
Volta

Antigua is an amazing, noble, citrus scent with enormous sillage. It's uplifting, exquisite and very romantic. Pure love and freedom in a bottle.
I don't really like other Phaedon's perfumes but Antigua is different.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Phaedon Antigua fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Phaedon Antigua, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Antigua by Phaedon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Antigua by Phaedon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.