Designers » N-Q » Oriental Fougere « Groups

Sable Marocain Phaedon for women and men
dislike

cacao
Sable Marocain Phaedon for women and men Pictures

Sable Marocain by Phaedon is a Oriental Fougere fragrance for women and men. Sable Marocain was launched in 2013. The fragrance features amber, labdanum, citruses, ginger, woody notes, cacao, vetiver, guaiac wood and copahu balm.

Amber Labdanum Citruses Ginger Woody Notes Cacao Vetiver Guaiac Wood Copahu Balm

Avant-Garde
Fidelis
PG20 L`Eau Guerriere
Opus 1144

Sable Marocain Fragrance Reviews

nazrul.kun
nazrul.kun

"Dark, dry and mysterious... sandy dunes of Moroccan desert under amber evening skies."

Sable Marocain is a 2013 fragrance by Phaedon, a perfume house from France that also brought us Tabac Rouge, a highly popular tobacco-based fragrance that is dubbed a clone of Tom Ford's highly popular Tobacco Vanille. "Sable Marocain" means Moroccan sand in French, and in terms of imagery, the fragrance perfectly conjures images of sandy dunes of the North African country amidst the ember-colored skies.

The main notes are vetiver, amber and a certain Copahu balm, with some notes of ginger on skin. The vetiver is very woody and "rooty"/earthy, and the amber characteristically yellow. I've never smelled Copahu balm before but I smell something very stone-dry in the fragrance, one where I imagine a special kind of incense smouldering in the background. In the drydown, I get sweet-spicy notes of ginger and cacao.

Sable Marocain is an interesting fragrance and I can imagine it working well in cold climates. I think it works better in autumn rather than winter purely because of the brownish-yellow imagery I get from the notes. For those who like balsamic, woody-dry scents, you should give this one a sniff.

deadidol
deadidol

A civil amber with floral trimmings. The florals initially read as iris, but then take a spiced-citrus turn. Sweet notes elbow their way in but don’t dominate. Over time, things get more rooty — a honeyed vetiver kind of effect. The scent’s a bit schizo overall — sugary floral accords over resins, none of which really makes an impact. It’s a pleasant enough smell — a sort balsamic iris with sugar sprinkles — but it’s boring. It could easily be a high-end shampoo or a room scent or something; it doesn’t have enough character to be a free-standing perfume.

rottenzombiefairy
rottenzombiefairy

reminded me alot of Amber Sultain by Serge Lutens. Interesting warm fragrance, very ambery.
Really glad i got a sample, would not pay the full bottle price

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Yes, this is kinda good! A curious fragrance but not a huge statement maker. I find Sable Marocain a refreshingly different, comfortable balsamic fragrance.

Sable Marocain welcomes me with subtle, sweet ginger and gentle, sunny golden amber. Citrus evens out the ginger and keeps a lift in the opening without being sharp.

The dry elements then start to enter, first a dusting of raspy cacao, then a little subtle vetiver. Here I am briefly reminded, like others, of deliciously sensual Guerlain LIDGE.

Labdanum is also subtly woven in with delicate, sweet ambery floral threads, complemented by a minimalist shaving of dry, tarry guaiac wood.

Copahu or copaiba balsam, in its pure form is one of the most inconspicuously scented base ingredients, but it's woody, soft character complements and grounds all the other notes perfectly.

Sable Marocain culminates into a very well blended, round, citrus/wood balm with a veil of sweetness, making this fragrance very gentle and easy to wear for both sexes.

** Update ** as the day is wearing on, this is quite cuddly and growing on me. Love in a big way!

Phaedon has a tendency to open really dirty and get me excited, then morph into a pleasant enough scent that I feel little or no urge to procure larger amounts of.
In a way, this reminds me of Kokorico, but without the nice fig leaf note. It's densely woody with lots of vetiver and a little bitter cacao. I detect labdanum, but not enough to make a big impression.
Nice enough, but I'd really rather stick to Kokorico and that has nothing to do with the massive price difference.

This juice is yet another keeper from Phaedon they're working magic just judging by the ones I've tried.
The opening to Sable Marocain is madness and super super sweet, smells like jelly beans but not as sharp maybe more like jelly babies. Anyway as that settles after a few minutes the cophu balm and cacao come into play and comparisons with L'instant de Guerlain extreme as Chorando mentions below are totally understandable and I thought the same sfter a few minutes of sniffing. It's more of a glancing nod in lidge's direction than a copycat though. This fragrance is about an amber accord, dense wood, labdanum and vetiver and the drydown is almost unrecognisable from that fruity sweet opening.
I doff my cap to Phaedon again for creating a nice fragrance but doesn't blow me away and I probably wouldn't wear it myself.

Just a quick update deep into the drydown and I can really smell it still emanating from my skin it doesn't smell bad, I've just grown tired of it extremely quickly. It's become a murky blur no roughness or sharpness left and I'm not enjoying it.

chorando
chorando

It's like the love child of L'instant de Guerlain Extreme and Reve Indien by Fragonard but without the fully developed personality of either, which puts it at risk of being percieved as somewhat immature, nebulous and ill defined. The difficulty of being convergently similar to two stellar fragrances (imho) is that there is a wish it were either one or the other. The identity and personality isn't unique enough for it to stand alone and yet it can't be faulted for it's actual smell because I personally love both the fragrances mentioned. The resinous aspect comes through well in the heart and complements the vetiver and amber aspects. It's whole demeanour is lighter than both LIDGE and Reve Indien and for that fact I personally find it a little lacklustre though well structured.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Ambra bella, bellissima, avvolgente, sensualmente legnosa,non dolce. Persistenza di circa tre ore, non vira mai talcata. Questa è una fragranza che piacerà moltissimo alle appassionate dei profumi orientali " caldi "...Si sposa molto bene con Reve Indien Fragonard...Su un polso uno , su un polso l' altro il risultato è STUPENDO...
C' è qualcosa che mi spinge a cercarlo in continuazione sul polso e il piacere è continuo...
SUBLIME

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Phaedon Sable Marocain fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Phaedon Sable Marocain, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sable Marocain by Phaedon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sable Marocain by Phaedon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.