Designers » N-Q » « Groups

PG17 Tubereuse Couture Pierre Guillaume for women and men

PG17 Tubereuse Couture Pierre Guillaume for women and men
dislike

tuberose

PG17 Tubereuse Couture by Pierre Guillaume is a fragrance for women and men. PG17 Tubereuse Couture was launched in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Guillaume. The fragrance features orange, green notes, jasmine, ylang-ylang, sugar cane, indian tuberose, benzoin and papyrus.

Orange Green Notes Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Sugar Cane Indian Tuberose Benzoin Papyrus

Bubblegum Chic
Tubereuse
Prada Candy Kiss
Touberouse Noir
Mito Voile d`Extrait

PG17 Tubereuse Couture Fragrance Reviews

sleepy*weasel
sleepy*weasel

This is tuberose for your summer holiday. Creamy, greeny yellow-white, coconut-banana, sweet but not sickly, undeniably tropical.The best quality and plentiful sillage. If you're used to citrus colognes or incense frags, this comes as a bit of a shock, but give it a chance. Female, long lasting and almost edible. Book a flight to somewhere with palm trees, order me a cocktail. I'm impressed. It is a bit odd wearing it in Devon's freezing rain, but people liked it. A must try, nothing like Histoires' Tubereuse frags, more towards Songes or Passion, with extra coconut. Great stuff.x

Professor Oakmoss
Professor Oakmoss

Tubereuse Couture opens up with a sugary juicy crispness that prickles the nose and overloads the senses. The ylang-ylang and tuberose present themselves very differently than I expected because they feel like they are covered in powdered sugar and the fragrance makes me feel like a bee. Some less hallucinatory images also flash into mind like unwrapping a stick of Juicy fruit bubble gum.

Can a sweet white floral tuberose scent be truly unisex? Well maybe it can. I think it is the green elements and jasmine along with the benzoin background that give this the neutral ground to stand on. Those are all notes that are present in many great masculine perfumes. Tubereuse Couture can be a bit too much for casual wear but sometimes you need to kick the kendo sweatpants and wear flowers in your hair.

renzi79
renzi79

Despite the raves,smells like sweet caramel on me.

Gabri031982
Gabri031982

Candy shop feeling
Definitely classy and high quality
But a real man won't smell like that
I would like to smell this on women
Projection heavy
Longevity 12+
Scent 8.5 / 10

mhobba
mhobba

Tubereuse Couture comes on strong with bubblegum florals and bitter citrus peel. The scent dials down considerably after the first few hours and the coconut and banana characteristics of the delightful tuberose and delectable ylang ylang warm the skin beautifully with delightful sweetness. Thanks to the papery/woody notes of papyrus and green jasmine, this fragrance never becomes sickly or cloying - or too feminine for that matter. Those around you will be delighted to smell you all day long.

pansylady
pansylady

High quality tuberose scent here- reminds me of Fracas without the "fusty dusty" and bubble-gummy sweetness- although there is definitely some sweet here-the sugar cane dominates in the early phases, and then the tuberose takes over- a very natural smelling tuberose, combining both the soapy and the animalic qualities of the real blossoms- potency and longevity are superior, too-

Gorgeous-

Very nice blend of candied tuberose and heady jasmine. If you've ever wished that Lush's Lust featured tuberose, this may be just the thing.
There is a bit of harsh greenness from the papyrus and the orange is slightly sharp & sour, but these are all good things. It makes this not another tuberose/jasmine in a sea of tuberose/jasmines.
These are "dirty" white florals, but with a creamy/soapy touch.
Try this if you love Fracas but are over all the clones.

sunnyinphilly
sunnyinphilly

First sniff: " Oh this is amazing" . A day after I was already in love.
I really don't know how the indian tuberose smells, but to me this is a pure lime (linden )blossom which reminds me of my granmother's house in my childhood and the amazing linden tea that she was making every single day to me and my sister.
Yesterday I was wearing PG17 and I was having a "rendez vous" with my sis. When I was next to her, she told me " What are
you wearing? You smell like a linden blossom. It' s beautiful".
So, all of you in love with this aroma go for it!
I am completely in love!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

To my nose, this is a loud overwhelming tuberose with added skanky notes from the jasmine, ylang and benzoin. Very unpleasant. I would never wear this one. Fracas seems like a calm tuberose compared to this one. Unless you love the loudest, biggest sillage monster tuberose made, then this is probably not for you.

Shorokh
Shorokh

The first tuberose scent that gave me desire to have one. It`s a sort of very green tuberose with no sweetness at all, which suites me just perfectly since I hate sweet notes. The tuberose is definitely the queen here, but the perfume is soooo fresh. On my wish list!

Caramelle
Caramelle

Sweet,tropical tuberose with ylang ylang which gives it a banana like note.Yummy!
Wore it to work and a colleague wanted me to write down the name for her. :-)

fuggerone
fuggerone

less intoxicating compared to SL Tubereuse Criminelle, doesn't have that huge pharmaceutical note, guess toned down like this is more suitable for women, while the Lutens was more on the unisex side!

meama
meama

138) Tuberose snack
The flight takes off in the usual puff of camphory air, suffocating - but only vaguely because brought under control, unlike that inflicted by Tubéreuse Criminelle SL.
Immediately a little greasy, thick, note of the flower fleshy petals , near the ylang, reminds us of the most lascivious and narcotic scents. In counterpoint, a concealed greenness is barely noticed.
The originality lies in the treatment of fruity notes which coexist beside the usual smells of milk near an exotic fruits Malabar (due to an agreement between a molecule, methyl anthranilate, contained in high proportions in tuberose and a fruity note of coconut), with jammy notes. Treatment immerses us in a universe close to Serge Lutens. Tubéreuse Criminelle crosses Datura Noir and Une Voix Noire. Tuberous with caramelized petals still stuck in the copper pot used for the candying.
Good longevity/projection (at least!!) and quite unisex I think.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Another Hawaii in a bottle perfume. It starts out as a strong tuberose, but very quickly the kalamansi kicks in. I really like the combo.

The notes here are incorrect BTW. It doesn't contain orange, it contains kalamansi, an Asian citrus fruit that is used like lemon in Asian cuisine because it's very sour. I have a kalamansi tree in my yard. This perfume is not sour in any way, but the scent of kalamansi is very recognizable here if you look for it--that is impressive.

This perfume reminds me of Byblos, except the citrus is much, much quieter, and the white flowers are magnified tenfold.

My mom loves white flowers, so I dabbed this on her arm. I realized that when one smells this perfume on another person, it's linear. One would never notice the subtleties of kalamansi and sugarcane. It just smells like big, bold tuberose, but the sugar gets stronger as the perfume wears, and the intense scent of tuberose calms down. I'll say one thing: this smells real, not like that highly overrated Fracas.

busik
busik

Such chemistry for a long time does not smell, and chemical attack! Many people here write about strawberries, so here is the smell of strawberry and berry concentrate caramel factory. Bring this stuff concentrated in large jars, cans, and if, God forbid, to open, the stench is so ... From chemical plant delivered, and not a drop of natural does not. Fu-u-u, as one might even call tuberose?

Saintkitty
Saintkitty

PG17 is the soft creamy tuberose with the hint of strawberry. It’s playful and gorgeous at the same time. The sillage and longevity of this fragrance is outstanding! It stays for very long time on my fingers even when I just touch the bottle for a few seconds. Tubereuse Couture is one of the best tuberoses in niche perfumery. It’s very natural but without sharp and bitter green notes in it.
PG17 has a very special meaning for me. I wore it the day I make up with the man I love after the long time being apart. To me Tubereuse Couture means love and happiness. That’s why I wear it today.

jasmasid
jasmasid

I love the idea of tuberose in scents and grew up with lots of tuberoses when I lived near the Equator. It's a heavenly smell -- (the actual flowers, I mean) but tuberose replicated in perfume is never quite as I remember the real thing. (The closest it ever gets is with "Michael" -- however much the experts scorn at its loudness.)
I had very high expectations of Tubereuse Couture and it certainly starts off very promising and smells like it's about to reveal more, but dwindles to nothingness in a matter of seconds, not even minutes. It's okay, but that's about all.

mangust62
mangust62

It's interleaving of wild strawberry and cream tuberose.
It's a very luring, beautiful, bushy, intensive and rich fragrance.

prot72
prot72

I love tuberose… any tuberose. So my review probably is not objective enough. Anyway in my opinion this one together with Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle is best tuberose fragrance ever made. I love its creaminess this kind of buttery or oily feeling which covering my body when I’m wearing it. I almost feel as fatty essential oils flow throughout my skin. The aura generated by TC is very pleasant and this effect lasts forever. I’m not able to find any sweetness in this fragrance; it is rather weep cream effect than any vanilla, sugar or tonka. The base is woody but still covered by tuberose. Woods are deep and mysterious and extremely cozy like pillows. I have no idea at all what kind of woods are used in TC but this is something similar to common Indian fragrances (may be sandal???). TC is made for tuberose lovers; if you don’t like this flower avoid the TC as a plaque because it can kill you after first sniff :-)

Kterhark
Kterhark

I have to wonder if Mr. Guillaume sits up in bed at night and cries,'A-ha!!! Kalamanzi oil, that's what I'll use!"

Here are the notes for T. Couture:
kalamanzi oil, green jasmine shoots, ylang-ylang, sugar cane, Indian tuberose, Sumatra benzoin, papyrus.

Anyhow, I got a sample of this because I liked the bird in the add and I fell in love wiht his other papyrus offering, Papyrus de Ciane. Would I love Tubereuse just as much? Not really.

This scent wears like one of Dolly Parton's wigs: heavy, poofy and way too big. I have to wonder what it would be like wihtout the sugarcane and benzoin; it did not need the extra sweetness that these notes bring. I would also prefer a woodier base, like sandalwood, cedar, or even incense. This would have given it more grounding and kept it from being a runaway stink train.

Anyhow, not for me.

Aur-ha-kadosh
Aur-ha-kadosh

i love it, but i prefer the beginning it
has the same that Tubereuse criminelle from Serge Lutens, and it is even stronger without the sharp medicinal note of begining ( that i adore )but i was disapointed it is more expensive and it becomes at the end vanilla and cocoa like, i dont like that smells too sweety for me ! i appreciate it but will not buy it

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

That's a royal tuberose,very creamy and different from other tuberoses I have sprayed on my skin.I can imagine a contess wearing something like this

rebella
rebella

A stunning, fierce and modern tuberose scent. A must try for tuberose lovers, this one can very well become one of your favourites.

The top notes seem to lift off as a rocket heading for deep space. They are so hightuned, shiny and crazy that they remind me of fuel, gasolin, turpentine and laser beams. Still the top note smell really good, reminding of the top note in SLs Tuberose Criminelle, but more long lasting and ever brighter.

After the piercing top note, tuberose rise from the surface together with soft, creamy spiciness and warmth. It slowly become an exotic, sunny and beautiful tuberose for beautiful women dressed in creme coloured silk.

Smells exclusive, enlightened, strange and familiar at the same time.

Good but not killing sillage, longlasting, pretty, creamy, caressing and comforting dry-down.

Can be hard to wear if you´re not in the right mood or situation, but when you nail it, you feel so comfy and elegant.

Try it?
Absolutly!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Pierre Guillaume PG17 Tubereuse Couture fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Pierre Guillaume PG17 Tubereuse Couture, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify PG17 Tubereuse Couture by Pierre Guillaume. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of PG17 Tubereuse Couture by Pierre Guillaume represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay