Designers » N-Q » Leather « Groups

dislike

leather
herbal
Private Collection L`Oiseau de Nuit Pierre Guillaume for women and men Pictures

Private Collection L`Oiseau de Nuit by Parfumerie Generale is a leather fragrance for women and men. Private Collection L`Oiseau de Nuit was introduced in 2009. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Guillaume. The fragrance features french labdanum, leather, benzoin and artemisia. This unusual elixir is available as 50 ml EDP.

French labdanum Leather Benzoin Artemisia

Private Collection L`Oiseau de Nuit Fragrance Reviews

Stinow
Stinow

This fragrance is very clear, neat, fresh and almost powdery to smell after an hour on the skin.

It starts off though with quite an overwhelming smell of unions and earth (might be personal ofcourse).

I find this a very special scent to wear and to smell. Would be a definite head-turner for me! :-)

Highly recommended if you like something a little sophisticated.

blake.lee
blake.lee

Someone on Luckyscent said this smells like bandaids and I completely agree. They said they meant it in a positive way, but I do not. I don't like the way they smell. It smells very medicinal to me. I thought for sure there was camphor or a note like it in this. I guess it's the wormwood. I pick up the goat as well and some overwhelming sweet notes. Sweet goats and bandaids is not something I want to smell like. However, I grew up on a large goat dairy farm so maybe that's why I find this so unappealing. Bandaids and goats remind me of my youth filled with child farm labor, lol!

the big totoro
the big totoro

Pure labdanum and leather. Soft, sumptuous and animalic. There is something very sexy about this. Like enticing flesh seductively beckoning you.
Makes an excellent base for layering scents as well. Projection is soft but it lasts a long time.

mycart
mycart

It reminds me of the smell of some people who are dirty and have a heavy sweet, fuggy and unpleasant smell of their skin. But it's not the matter of sweat. Couldn't stand it. I had to rub it off from my skin.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

i had a review up before but i lost my sample and wanted to retry and re-review. so here it is.

this starts out as a berryish amber scent, i don't remember this sweet fruity part from before! there is also something slightly sweet and animalic at first that's a little off-putting but thankfully it doesn't last long. this scent is basically amber with a sweetness, which i think is just the laudanum and benzoin. i am not getting any leather in this. this is a rich (but subtle) resin scent and it reminds me of unburned amber incense. it's warm and sexy but with a sweetness.

Lana148
Lana148

L`Oiseau de Nuit fits in a few categories at once: gourmand, amber, incense. Leather is listed as one of the ingredients, but I can't detect any here..

This creation is brilliant, interesting, a perfect balance. It's very versatile and wearable, not too strong or concentrated, on a feminine side.

Although I like it a lot, this fragrance in a process of developing, gives me some unpleasant notes as well - old attic dust, old books smell. Probably just my chemistry, test before buying.

antfarm
antfarm

Probably my favorite opening of any perfume I've tried. It smells like a glowing bush of perfectly round berries being fed on by shimmering starlings in the moonlight. They tilt their heads and sharp beaks curiously, and then fly away with a branch of the magical black fruits.

Very nocturnal, deep, shining, smouldering, black, juicy, and mysterious. It's what I imagine deadly nightshade would smell like, only if it was edible.

After an hour something herbal, screechy, and flat becomes the most dominant note. Not happy with this transformation. Goes from signature scent material to sharp and unfriendly artemesia mixed with boozy-sticky davana. This is one I will have to keep trying before I can decide if I want a bottle or not.

phoebemoonpie
phoebemoonpie

At first a sweet, sharp and fruity blast, settling down into a sweet amber on me. Powdery and warm now.

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

'L'Oiseau de Nuit' (Night Bird), hailing from PG's outstanding 'Private Collection', is Pierre's second amber-centric fragrance after the gorgeous feline amber of 'L'Ombre Fauve'. Tho' both are easily unisex (as all of PG's scents are) I'd say that L'Ombre would be his more masculine and furry-feral leaning amber, whilst in comparison L'Oiseau would be his sweeter and slightly more "femme leaning" fruity-floral amber. What they both are though is utterly irresistible for any lover of quality amber fragrances. It's interesting, delicious amber at it's very best !
The moment it's out the bottle it's all warm rich labdanum-y amber, sensuous and intoxicating. Think of a slightly more floral/fruity L'Arisan's Ambre Extrême, and you'd be very close - almost like twin siblings at this stage. Soon after tho' it starts to diverge and bloom it's own personality, it's resins becoming ever more floral and fruity, with even ever so very slightly spicy nuances. This from the syrupy stewed dessicated-fruit of the Davana liqueur which has intrinsic subtle spiced facets. Peeking beneath all this lies just a ghost of a geranium permeating - so essential for a great amber accord. (At least in IMO !)
And yes underpinning it all is the softest hint of leather roughing up the amber ever so slightly, tho' easily missed unless one's paying attention. In no way would I consider this a "leather scent" as such, the soft musky leather is there merely to add a certain subtle animalic character to the amber, which it does beautifully without ever becoming conspicuous.
Then half-way thru', just as it's at risk of perhaps becoming too sweet, it gradually darkens and 'butchens up' somewhat, picking up a woodier facet and loosing it's previous floral-fruity facets considerably. Leaving a more comfortable, more solitary resinous amber for many hours until only a dusting of slightly musky (clean) vanillard benzoin remains in the far drydown. Gorgeous warm and comforting from start to finnish.
For any lover of well-done ambers I'm pretty sure a flutter of this beautiful "night bird" is sure to warm your hearts.

Camin
Camin

When I first tried this on I got this really strong "head shop" smell. I think it is the amber, plus when I was growing up in the 60s a lot of the hippie shops used to sell handbags and slippers made of goat hide. I got that smell too. What is fascinating about this fragrance is that it dries down to something subtle and powdery--normally I dislike powdery scents but this one has a freshness that I like. I don't know that I would reach for this fragrance on a regular basis, but it's nice to have a sample. It's an intriguing unisex fragrance but I don't think it is a good choice for a very feminine woman d'un certain age!

zapling
zapling

Oh, I kept wondering why this scent reminds me so of goat leather - it has that special quality that keeps me coming back to sniff and assess 'do I like this OR is it awful' Until I read it is supposed to contain actual leather - AHA.
I feel that it's too assertive for me to wear. It can surely be worn by a woman but she needs to be assertive and, ehr, metro. The picture I keep having smelling Oiseau the Nuit is that of stylish gangster movies. The perfume goes more and more soft and sweet over a course of hours and I like that a lot, but by the time its lovely heart has been reached, not much of it is left to enjoy.
A far neighbour of Oiseau de nuit is Dawn Spencer Hurlitz's Blond Suede. But Blond Suede is a lot more masculine and woody.
A warmer, more oriental neighbour to Oiseau de Nuit is Memo's Manoa.

fpih
fpih

I agree with Doc Elly in that I smell mostly amber in this one, more than anything else. Definitely no leather in any case.

It's very oriental on me, a slightly powdery amber. It reminds me very strongly of L'air du desert Marocain. I can see that they have no ingredients in common, but I have both of them in samples and putting them side by side, I swear they're almost identical on my skin. This one is just softer and more easily wearable IMO, but it also fades away sooner (4-5 hours). There's something harsh in both of them that rises above the amber though, that keeps me from liking either of them. Both are comforting, warm scents better worn in winter, but I guess a confident, sexy woman could wear them anywhere.

I'm nowhere near close to being seduced into a full bottle by it, which considering the number of perfumes I already have, is not a bad thing but lovers of unusual amber perfumes may want to give it a try.

memechose
memechose

This is one of my favorite perfumes--- orange blossom, labdnanum,davana, benzoin. I wouldn't even put this in a leather category, nor does M. Guillaume. Its a well constructed fruity floral. not a gourmand in the true senseof a PG gourmand. I recommend the new Praline et Santal.THAT is a gourmand as is aomassi

I agree with Doc Elly: I get almost no leather, but a slightly powdery oriental that is lush and rich. The dry down is definitely a vanillic amber--one of my favorite scents in cold weather--and it has enough tone and variation with the other notes to make it a lovely melody of scent. Makes me think a bit of amber and gold jewelry in candle light. Richly glowing, warm and lovely.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

I liked this from the very first first sniff out of the sample vial. In fact, the opening is nothing short of gorgeous. At first it seems like a fruity, almost incense-like cistus (labdanum) with some animalic undertones which, now that I’ve read the notes, must be the leather. Soon it changes to a mostly cistus and vanilla-like scent. At this point it becomes an excellent amber, but not a leather scent. It’s too bad that the leather only lasted for a few minutes in the beginning, because it provided a different twist to the amber. Finicky amber-lover that I am, I’ll gladly wear my sample and see if I like it enough to replace it when it’s gone.

9154mf
9154mf

As far as leather scents go, this is probably the least leathery and most gourmand one Ive ever tried. leather is a minor player in this perfume, instead its a creamy sophisticated scent, with the benzoin lending a vanillic gourmany feel to it. The labdanum is also quite prominent, in its powdery softness throughout the scent's life. This is quite a sexy scent really, and I imagine alot of women would like this.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Pierre Guillaume Private Collection L`Oiseau de Nuit fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Pierre Guillaume Private Collection L`Oiseau de Nuit, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Private Collection L`Oiseau de Nuit by Pierre Guillaume. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Private Collection L`Oiseau de Nuit by Pierre Guillaume represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.