Designers » N-Q » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Virgin Island Bay Rum Pinaud Clubman for men
dislike

rum
camphor

Virgin Island Bay Rum by Pinaud Clubman is a Aromatic Spicy fragrance for men. The fragrance features bay leaf, spicy notes and rum.

Bay Leaf Spicy Notes Rum

Royall Bay Rhum

Virgin Island Bay Rum Fragrance Reviews

oftenconsole
oftenconsole

I've been wanting a cinnamon bomb for a while. I've considered a lot of options, even some of the big spicy orientals from the 80s, but I stumbled on this while clicking around on Amazon. This is exactly what I was looking for.

The cinnamon is strong, but the clove in this is probably stronger. I can walk around smelling like a living Djarum Black cigarette.

If you apply enough it has a wonderful numbing/cooling effect from the eugenol. Splash it on with abandon – the instructions are on the bottle.

What a wonderful surprise.

guyakaguy
guyakaguy

To my nose this is the best bay rum; it's about as cheap as you can get as far aftershave goes; and, most importantly, my wife loves it.

It's pretty linear, which can be said about pretty much all bay rums. What differentiates Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum from the rest is that it's heavy on the clove and has a soapy musk-y note in the base (musk isn't listed, but I definitely get consistently), which makes this bay rum the longest lasting bay rum, hands down. In a world of short-lived bay rums V.I.B.R. is the exception to the rule.

It's great, it's cheap, and it's an excellent fall to early spring scent. I highly recommend it.

John Wayne 86
John Wayne 86

I love this scent. Its like a Caribbean pirate scent, very manly. I think it would be a bit much for office wear but for the evening or a day off its wonderful. Its a great aftershave, or after haircut scent.

StardustHK
StardustHK

It's mainly cinnamon and bay, which gives an unmistakable masculine vibe. I do enjoy the smell.
It just disqualifies with the burn - which it is not the pleasant, refreshing alcohol sting hat I love - but this is a chemical burn, setting in with time fuse, caused by the cinnamon compounds. I just don't think this can possibly do anything (good) for my skin.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I once owned a bottle of Royall Bay Rhum. $40 (and that was discounted), Nice bottle - didn't last. I like this stuff just as much. $7, much bigger bottle - doesn't last.

It's what I wear when I don't feel like wearing anything, or when my nose is congested and I don't want to waste my bottle of Tuscan Leather...

ParfumAmour
ParfumAmour

Fresh cloves leap out at you, this is unquestioningly a man's fragrance, strongly masculine, spicy, exotic, but without being tropical.
A vintage black and white male film star would smell of this, and would be gentlemanly, kindly, and have a strong jawline you wanted to get close enough to kiss.
I love it.

thomason
thomason

I can't say that I'm a connoisseur in the bay rum department, but I do indeed love this. It does "burns like the dickens" and is not for the squeamish. Lasts long enough, I can wake up the next day and still smell it...

rossarlen
rossarlen

I bought this not because of its scent, but because it's an excellent aftershave--burns like the dickens, and leaves my skin feeling quite warm. Lots of cinnamon, lots of clove. It doesn't linger past ten minutes, which is a good thing, because it's a bit...alcoholic.

graysbeardcare
graysbeardcare

Bought this for my Fathers day present,I read it was heavy on clove and light on bay,but its a perfect combination,like it opens up with Bay,then the Cinnamon and Cloves,It last about a couple of hours,it lingers
I'm aware of pinnaud's use of rubbing alcohol but this 1 smelled just like another Bayrum I purchased called Hold fast it didnt use cloves but I really believe Clubman Mastered Bay rum,I suggest buying a body mist sprayer and using it as a spray cologne.Anyway 5 Stars

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

"Smells like christmas!!!" was a comment I received about this. It's a nice, pleasant, spicy bay rum that for next to nothing will last you forever!! The bottle I got was huge!! It is mostly cinnamon and clove with only a hint of warm rum. Bay leaf is very faint in the background. It's a good casual aftershave that I wear in fall and winter especially around the holiday season. To me, it's like the burberry london of aftershaves!!

walkerceltic
walkerceltic

I love this Bay Rum, it has great staying power and projection. The only down side to it is the fact that it comes in a plastic bottle with a softish plastic cap.
I disagree with the post below, I think it's a fine winter night time fragrance, I have had many positive comments while wearing this on a night out on the 'tiles'.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

This is a eugenol bomb, basically a ton of clove overlaid with a ton of cinnamon, and not a whole lot else. Sounds bad perhaps, but actually for a dirt-cheap bay rum, it smells OK. If the "bay" part of the equation is important to you, look elsewhere, because there's almost none to be found here, just a slightly camphorous edge to the spice, mostly on top. Good for after a shave on a Saturday when your plans for the afternoon don't involve anything more than padding around in blue jeans like George C. Scott in The Changeling. Random, I know, but your day really does have to be as boring and individualistic as that film is if you want this scent to work. In other words, use it functionally, but don't wear it in public.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Virgin Island Bay Rum by Pinaud Clubman. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Virgin Island Bay Rum by Pinaud Clubman represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.