Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli Reminiscence for women

Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli Reminiscence for women
dislike

Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli Reminiscence for women Pictures Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli Reminiscence for women Pictures

A reissue of fragrance Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli by French house Reminiscence has been presented in November 2007. It was first launched in 1970.
It is a very feminine and balmy fragrance with oriental-woody olfactive composition, created of Virginian cedar, patchouli from Java, Haitian vetiver, Australian sandalwood, frankincense, vanilla from Madagascar, Tonka beans, Tolu balsam and light musk.

It is available as 100ml (3.4 oz.fl.) parfum elixir in a gold-colored bottle presented on the picture and as 50ml (1.7 oz.fl.), 100ml (3.4 oz.fl.) and 200ml (6.8 oz.fl.) EDT, with matching body care products – body cream elixir (200ml), deodorant (100ml), shower gel and body lotion (150ml) and Satinee oil (100ml).

Tolu Balsam Tonka Bean Tahitian Vetiver Patchouli Australian Sandalwood White Musk Madagascar Vanilla Cedar Labdanum

Patchouli
Eau de Patchouli
L'Incroyable Patchouli
Patchouli Precieux
Patchouli Leaves

Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli Fragrance Reviews

DomfromBE
DomfromBE

J'ai eu de très nombreux parfums au patchouli, c'est vraiment une note à laquelle je suis accro, mais j'ai, 3 fois hélas, un nez qui sature trop vite.
Cet Elixir de Réminiscence est pour moi le meilleur compromis: tenue, sillage, tant seul qu'en associations avec d'autres comme Coco de Chanel, auxquel il rend le coffre perdu depuis 2010.
On oscille entre le style Baba 70 et les Orientaux.
Associé à des couleurs vives, si on a le malheur de porter un ou deux bijoux voyants, la frontière du bon genre est franchie... Et je m'en fous! Pour moi, c'est du pur bien-être égoïste: patchouli, ambre, vanille, benjoin, tout ce que j'aime!
Je trouve la version EDT bien trop fugace à mon goût.
Et dommage que la crème pour le corps ne soit plus commercialisée. Par contre, le nouveau vaporisateur, translucide, est bien plus réussi que celui, mat et triste, qui avait fait suite au doré clinquant.

mogamaga
mogamaga

One great thing about this perfume is that I, rank amateur at this sniffing lark, can name some of its components (so have obviously learned something from all those messy essential oil experiments). The frankincense, the vanilla, the vetiver and the crumbly patchouli. The main great thing, though, is that it's FILTHY. The words brown and crumbly are not all that perfumey but perfectly applicable. This is the perfume that could fulfill all my needs in the absence of anything else. It's wonderful.

Thanks to dear Indigo, without whom I'd still be nursing a tiny sample for as long as possible x

Aviance Milan
Aviance Milan

THIS is JUST....LOVELY! It's a SPECIAL Patchouli...I'm confused as to why it says for women...I'm a man and when Inwear this jewel I always get a compliment...I think anyone can pull this off gender wise!!! The MOST beautiful scent in a bottle.

indigo
indigo

A blind buy based on reviews. This is strong & very long lasting & has quite a crude/harsh opening. It does quickly meld down to a tamer sweet creamy powdery vanillic patchouli. It verges on gourmand on my skin. After the initial top notes have gone, I don't get any bitterness or dark forest impression from this at all. It's much sweeter than I'd hoped for & the vanilla is very much "there" making it's presence known. I'm annoyed at myself getting this blind as I now realize I wanted green earthy & herbal - not this vanillic sweet/powdery stuff. It's ok I suppose ....just really not what I expected ...Ooops I did it again, sigh :(

Jerrythecat
Jerrythecat

Nothing more to add that's already been said apart one word: mesmerising.

One word of warning though: DO NOT SPRAY ON CLOTHES, PARTICULARLY WHITES as it stains!

UnearthlyApothecary
UnearthlyApothecary

This is a very deep, dark, basalmic patchouli. Almost smoky. Absolutely beautiful.

Chelsea1605
Chelsea1605

The patchouli is strong with this one.

Still making my mind up. It's pleasant.

mrsg34
mrsg34

What an incredibly, downright, dirty patch! It's earthy alright! Your in the woods when you wear this, not smelling flowers as you stroll along care free, your actually in the heart of the muddy forest, breath it in and enjoy :)

ginawadsworth
ginawadsworth

Thank you fellow Fragrantica reviewers. This is my first perfume bought blind on reading all your views. It took me a week to decide if I could trust your thoughts because I live in New Zealand and I suspect most of you live in Europe and the USA. I was not sure if I would get the version you all describe. In the end I said "live a little, what have you got to lose".

Well this is exquisite.

On me it opens with a really masculine profile, all woods, like the dead twigs and leaves of an English forest in winter. Then it changes to such a luscious creaminess that it reminds of clotted Devonshire cream. Not sweet, not cloying but simply amazing and undoubtedly feminine.

However during one wear, it changes profiles showing its masculine and feminine sides alternately. I spent an entire afternoon sniffing my wrist as this transaction was confirmed over and over again.

The greatest part though is that I could smell the final dry down the next morning. At last, a perfume that stays put on my dry skin.

This beauty stands alongside Aromatics Elixir, Dune, Chanel Mademoiselle in my imaginary Hall Of Perfume Fame for composition, sillage and longevity.

If there is anyone out there pondering whether to try this, do so.... you will not be sorry.

Different day, different smell...it is slightly warmer today (yeah Spring is here at last) and today I get the patchouli coming through in heaps. Wonderfully heady but possibly not for work!!!! Love it.

daisyvision
daisyvision

A warm, spicy & magical patchouli potion. Unlike the syrupy-sweet and accessible type you may find in fragrances like Flowerbomb.. This patchouli is instead, a dark, earthy and slightly dirty offering. The thick resins come off as incensey, and form an oh-so very bohemian cloud of smoky sillage (that will likely last for more hours than you are awake in a given day!).

After about an hour of wear, the dirtiness wanes, while the sticky sweetness seeps out. It becomes almost... edible (yet never approaches the cloying territory). If you're fond of patchouli, you simply must try this one - there's nothing quite like it. It's advertised as for women, but it's neither feminine or masculine, it just makes for a great fragrance for anyone.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This is a patchouli that I LOVE ! It lasts forever! Sweet and woody and deep. I feel like it has a calming effect for me. It relaxes me and I like the peace and love vibe it gives me.

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

My son bought me a bottle of this deep, dirty and smokey parfum elixir from Reminiscence in Paris. What an underrated house they are! I can't tell you how much I love this one. It's the epitome of everything a patchouli fragrance should be. The vanilla emerges from time to time and comes out to playfully tease. In my opinion, it is the hallmark of a woody oriental, and don't get me started on how fabulous the bottle is. Brilliant lasting power and silage. From go to whoa, it's total perfection! A must for all patch lovers.

spidola
spidola

It’s the best patchouli!!!!!!
Hope these exclamation points have dawn enough attention of all patchouli lovers (and not only) for not miss this gem.
It was the birthday gift for myself. I had a sample, I finished it and I couldn’t get it off of my mind. This patchouli is not like these green leaves that you can see on the “notes” photo, not this earthy, woody, fresh aromatic perfume that most patchouli-based fragrances are. INOUBLIABLE ELIXIR PATCHOULI is a patchouli’s dessert – creamy, chocolate-like, bitter-sweet, juicy without being fruity, but also dusty and powdery goodness that indulges you for more than 10 hours….
Highly recommended!

polly golightly
polly golightly

aaahhhhh il patchouli perfetto. caldo, resinoso, con semi di tonka, una meraviglia

raw umber
raw umber

This patchouli is sweet hot and dried into a powder.

The naturally subtle sweetness is apparent within the patchouli itself, not slathered over it, drowning it. It's sweet in the way nuts are naturally sweet. It has a boozy vanillic opening, and dries down on top of hot smoldering wood. It is airy and dusty, warming and cozy. The base is a deep spicy resinous amber that is just beautiful. Like sun dried patchouli in powdered form. Great projection and decent longevity.

My boyfriend loves it on both of us. Thanks so much to the lovely Nikki.Rouse.10 for making it possible for me to try this at long last.
The patchouli clouds have parted.

Aardwolf
Aardwolf

Two weeks ago I sprayed some on in a shop, out of curiosity. Cute bottle, and matching to my birth year hahaha. And I was interested to smell something really Patchouli. First blast I was not much impressed, but it developed soon into something beautiful. Creamy and with a happy vibe! Now still, every time I grab my jacket I still smell it clearly, so the longevity is extraordinary! It's great, I think I need to have it!

magda14012
magda14012

Got a sample from a friend. It is a wonderful, smooth, creamy patchouli. Accompanied by smokey, dark chocolatey sweetness, i get some leather notes, sexy suede. Wow! It really is a symphony of notes, blending with my skin. Truly mesmerising, magical and long lasting. It is a beauty, do try it if you like oriental perfumes.

cecyben
cecyben

I have just received this exquisiteness from "StrawberryNet" and simply I do love it at first time: It is strong, absolutely delightful, very much patchouli: it's the scent of a powerful woman. This perfume is a MUST HAVE ! Great longevity and sillage. I repeat: I do love it too much !!!

suhaesa
suhaesa

i love this amazing patchouli.. if you love patchouli.. and its magic ..then you will definitely love this.. its similar to the older original patchouli.. from the same house from 1970..but the elixer has a more vibrant vibes to it.. its a bit more alive.. more hip.. more aromatic.. its of course still that same old earthy patchouli ..yet its more mesmerising.. more sensual.. more beautiful ..i think it really depends on your skin ..if it reacts well with patchouli.. if you are one of the lucky chosen ones.. you are on your way to heaven.. its an amazing.. dark ..mysterious.. full bodied.. warm... sexual.. strong.. balmy ..almost crazy ..its so smokey.. so pure ..so divine..full of surprises.. and wonder.. perfect for winter nights.. its so cozy ..something in it just relax me.. if you get over the initial shock of the patchouli strength and all..it takes a little getting used to ..maybe a lot..! but its worth all the tying..its an oriental.. a strong one.. its perfect for layering.. it smells like hippie princess and patchouli.. and its just mesmerising..oh and it stays forever and develops and warms down and become almost as one with you ..

perfume ratting 4.7 out 5
bottle ratting 4.3 out 5
edp 100 ml
my personal liking ratting 4.6 out 5

tabithacate
tabithacate

Its not that I dislike this fragrance, but I think it is more a long the lines of I don't understand it, and I am not familiar with the notes.
It is a piece of art the bottle, the perfume, the smell. But its just not the sort of smell I feel comfortable wearing and enjoy.
Not the one for me!

Henriette
Henriette

This is phenomenal. The development of this scent is one of the most unbelievable one can imagine. Its complexity makes of this perfume a standpoint masterpiece. This does not mean that everyone will like it and will want to wear, just the opposite. Even those who love it might want to pass it the majority of the time.
It opens with a swirl of amber and a chocolate-like note, very gourmand, - but not sweet - almost similar to Mugler's Angel. Minutes apart you get a deep smoky note, very leather type in the league of Piguet's Bandit and Tauer's Lonestar Memories. Then a earthy note peeps leaving a trail of soft but not tamed patchouly. It's like resting after a crazy initial dance.
Those who love this, will love it deeply but I am sure not everybody will love and understand this very particular, very peculiar, very strange scent. Of course if you love Anais Anais don't even give this a try, but if you love complex scents and do not have a faint heart, then this is for you!
P.S. Even then, don't exaggerate!! This has to be used with extreme parsimony. One or two sprays are more than enough.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

It's autumn; summer (even the Indian summer we had) is gone or well on its way out. My floral flirtations of summer are slowly replaced with my preferred olfactory "fix" of this season; orientals.

Sandalwood, leather, musk or in this case patchouli. Dark sweet smooth velveteen patchouli was what I craved this week, a bottle of Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli was needed to cuddle me during the crisp yet sunny days and lead me into the sunlight deprived days that are only getting shorter.

You see, my mother is Française and always loved the House of Réminiscence. People might think that the French use litres of Chanel, Dior, Hermes et cetera. Mais oui! They love and use the wonderful creations of French perfumery, but Houses like Réminiscence are their little secrets. Mostly only available in France and containing note mixtures that not everyone might think a good idea, they are a treat for people who are tired of mainstream and want something truly unusual yet still affordable.

"Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli" is the patchouli for people who normally wouldn't like that note, or for people who think it's a "hippy" smell. This beauty isn't, it's an magical mystery ride that shows your olfactory sense all the ways that patchouli can charm you: woody, green, smoky, sweet. I could try and explain in the limitations of words (English is not my native tongue...I would be struggling even if I tried : ) how the notes intermingle and give you a sense of: "Wow! I had NO idea patchouli based perfume could smell this good!!" but it is a ride best taken by oneself.
It's true and obvious by now; I am a fan and if you like patchouli or not, sample this beauty if you get the chance, I promise you will be amazed!

Silage is....Well...."unusual and oh so pretty" -- Longevity is an amazing 10+ hours. Now, don't think it's a linear patchouli in the vein of: "read my palm" experience, it isn't! It's a yummy oriental beauty for the true connoisseur of unusual quality. Try and sample it, it will be out little French secret! ; ) Good luck and enjoy!

noninoni
noninoni

I tested this and it left a brown stain on my hand and cuff. Salesperson said it was due to the concentration of oil, but I will have to pass on the whole line

sleeser
sleeser

can someone tell me where to buy this perfume? I have searched the internet and it does not seem to come up anywhere. I am a die hard patchouli NUT, and always look for one that is unique, appreciate any feedback, thank you.

Midnight50
Midnight50

THIS IS MY FAVOURITE PATCHULI: REMARKABLE, STRONG AND LONG LASTING. GREAT SILLAGE AND GOOD PRICE ALSO COMPARED TO THE QUALITY AND THE QUANTITY YOU CAN USE FOR A LASTING EFFECT, I DON'T STAND TOO FLY-AWAY FRAGS!
DON'T MISS IT IF YOU LIKE THE INGREDIENT. A MUST TRY AND A MUST HAVE ALSO.

;-)
;-)

Evreka!!!!
If this is all I get out of all the hours I've spent on this website (besides the lovely company of all you perfumistas) it was well worth it. This will be a sent I will treasure for a long time and hopefully always have in my collection. (this doesn't mean I'm done with fragrantica)

girasolina

Assolutamente il più indossabile del suo genere,polveroso e bene equilibrato tra forza e dolcezza, ma la mia ricerca continua perchè sono affascinata da questa magica essenza....sillage buono, ottimo rapporto prezzo qualità.

girasolina

This house smells really good and yet accessible ... this is my next purchase, and I remember the moments of a carefree youth and very alternative.

full_of_colours
full_of_colours

My favourite patchouli fragrance ever.
It is a little strong at first but quickly blends into the skin. It has medium sillage. 2-3 sprays are plenty

It lasts about 12 hours on me : )

Totally worth the money!

ps. It is a sensual comfort scent, beware! :P

Woodfaery
Woodfaery

This is an amazing patchouli. I received a sample vial today(from Perfumed Court) and I am in love. My search for the perfect patchouli has ended....I think. ;-)

mrenee32
mrenee32

The most beautiful patchouli fragrance I have ever smelled. My search has ended <3.

guest_marinera

me encanta eau de patchuli de reminiscense pero no la puedo encontrar por ninguna parte y por ello me resulta aun si cabe mas fascinante si sabeis donde la puedo conseguir?un beso

bluefalcon07
bluefalcon07

I feel comfortable with this fragrance.
It is very oriental and relaxes me.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Reminiscence Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Reminiscence Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli by Reminiscence. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Inoubliable Elixir Patchouli by Reminiscence represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.