Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Ajee Revlon for women

Ajee Revlon for women
dislike

Ajee Revlon for women Pictures Ajee Revlon for women Pictures

Ajee is presented in 1994 as the essence of Africa and the power of women. The refreshing oriental scent is composed of bergamot, tangerine, ylang-ylang, orange blossom, spices, lily of the valley, geranium, iris, jasmine, rosewood, woods, musk, vanilla and amber.

iris Jasmine Geranium Ylang-Ylang Bergamot Tangerine Lily-of-the-Valley Spices Vanille Amber Musk Palisander Rosewood Woodsy Notes

Cafe
Opium 1977
Obsession

Ajee Fragrance Reviews

Marie69
Marie69

This is a fragrance which is somewhat similar, with the fir note, to that of Polo Green, the vintage original. I can smell cinnamon, and citrus. Fine for women and men of all ages, if you like a subtle spicy blen, this may be for you. It would also make a lovely Christmas fragrance. Ajee is again proof that nice scents do not have to be costly and famous.

HopeFloats72
HopeFloats72

I ordered both the body spray and the 'fume online last week, wore them today and yesterday and here's where I am: this is a great fragrance, it just doesn't have the longevity I would expect from something this rich and complex.

Let me start off by saying, I almost regretted this purchase. The first application of the body spray was nice, powdery and I could definitely pick up the spicy accord in it. Body sprays by nature are an "all-at-once" experience. The layers don't reveal themselves in the same way a perfume does. It was a very alcoholic spray, again as I would expect for a body spray vehicle.

So, I moved on to the perfume-which has an actuator that is faulty and doesn't spray well, but dripped all over my hand-I will fix that. The bitter, sour smell that came from this initial spray scared the bejeebies out of me! If there is one smell in this world I cannot stand, it's the smell of boxwoods. I HATE that smell-that cat pee, acrid, take-the-air-from-my-lungs smell makes my head hurt. This is what I was experiencing and I thought to myself, 'This is very, very bad.' I do believe that this is actually the geranium note in this fragrance. Instead of going soft and citrusy on my skin, geranium often goes right to sour/stale pee on me. I usually avoid it for that reason, but my intense curiosity about this fragrance made me over-ride that instinct.

I'm glad I was curious.

After about fifteen minutes of "cat pee" on my skin this thing opened up like a box of incense and spices. I'll borrow a phrase from Dr. Sheldon Cooper and say it was as if my head was stuck in the sultan's pajamas! Oh, heavens! This turned so warm and wonderful on my skin, very much reminding me of CK's Obsession or another cheapy fave of mine, Cafe. (I only wear Cafe around Christmas-it's that spicy and smoky). The spice accord in this was subtle and sweetish, like a good cigar almost. Pipe tobacco, maybe. After another half an hour I got cinnamon stick and musk, which was just divine! It was a cool day here in Virginia and it just clicked with the smell of fallen leaves and wood smoke in the air.

This fragrance never got out of control, never grabbed at me with unyielding tentacles reaching out to pull me in. It laid relatively close to the skin and I think if I had sprayed my hair and clothes I might have gotten a couple more hours out of it. As it was, it stayed with me for about four hours before drifting away and making me sad that it had left. I could still smell it on my hand where the bottle had bathed me, but otherwise it was gone.

The price point of this makes it a wonderful choice if you're into those truly oriental Orientals (which I do love so!) and hopefully you don't have to deal with the dirty public restroom stench that I have to when I put it on. Let me add here that the perfume does start out with that SD alcohol sharpness, but that fades after about five minutes. Let it develop.

This one likes to smolder slowly and then show off, rather than grab you by the neck at the get-go. Don't write it off...give it a chance to enchant you. It's worth it (just keep it handy for reapplications).

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

If you're willing to see past the ordinary packaging, this is pleasant, but it certainly ain't no Opium! Average staying power and silage. I can kind of see the similarity with Opium but you get what you pay for and Ajee has a dirty undertone. After the drydown I find that it has shades of Habanita. It's not a 'headturner' like 'Ciara', that wonderful Revlon powerhouse. I guess, like Cafe, I'll handball it or use it as air freshener.

Jomoves
Jomoves

I purchased this one blind after reading the reviews here, and I have only one word to say - SCORE! This is really lovely, but you have to get past the initial old school perfume-y opening. When you do, it settles down into spicy and tamer combination of Cinnabar and Knowing. As the day wears on, it smells very much like Opium used to smell several thousand reformulations ago. Lasting power is about 4-6 hours, and you can expect to do a lot of wrist sniffing during that time!

jennifer60656
jennifer60656

This is what's called an Oriental fragrance for people who (think they) don't like Oriental fragrances. What an enjoyable little find. I'm embarrassed to say that I can't remember seeing this perfume back in the 90s when it was probably easily available at any drugstore.

The back of the box says "a fragrance steeped in rare and exotic ingredients that come together in a scent unlike any other." This is what's called truth in advertising because, guess what, there is no other scent quite like this one. What could have been another heavy, thick oriental is in fact, very light. What give it the lightness is the lily of the valley. Try for yourself in the Notes section on this website, cross-reference lily of the valley, spicy notes, palisander, and tangerine and there is nothing else listed!
I mention those four notes because, to me they are the most noticeable. Ajee starts off with a spicy, almost candied tangerine scent and then the woods chime in and this is where you have the beginnings of a typical Oriental scent but the L. O. V. raises the entire pitch of the the perfume. What a delightful and inspired idea!

Excuse my brief rant here, but I see that there is no "nose" given credit for this creation, Ajee was made by Revlon, a mass-market cosmetics company, and they were able to sell this unique and beautiful scent rather cheaply. The scent is noticeable and lasts all day.
Compare this to Lancome's La Vie est Blah - three major "noses," three years worth of work, and 5000 tries to smell just like everything else on the market!? Good grief. What is going on in the world of fragrance? I say, let's scour the web, flea markets, and resale shops and discover the hidden beauties that reveal our unique beauty and character!

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

I tracked this down for a bargain on an online auction site. Now for one it is old slightly used but was in its orignal box and being a lower end fragrance (only pricewise) time may have affected this one - I find this a lovely scent but it only lasts a very short time on my skin. Though my skin does tend to eat oriental fragrances. The fragrance itself is gorgeous this is a mix of CK Obsession, YSL Opium and EL Knowing on my skin. It is a hot yet cold oriental with lots of bergamot (love) and is very spicy without heavy cinnamon or clove which I am happy about as I usually these notes go all "festive season" on my skin and end up smelling like dental products. Unfortunately this is too astringent on my skin perhaps a tad too much Citrus for it to meld with my chemistry I get something that resembles Obsession mixed with lemon Pledge. Just not for me and I have given it away though if you can pull off Citruses better than me I would say it would be lovely.

joliecat
joliecat

Ajee is a spicy oriental ! It starts with a juicy, fruity blast, then drys down to gently sweet floral spices. It's not super strong, but the softly persistent spices linger, especially in your hair. It reminds me of Femme by Rochas, but Ajee is lighter, more spicy, and not as juicy rich. Ajee is similar to Cafe Cafe, but not as sweet. Ajee is not nearly as strong as Cinnabar or Opium, but it is just as spicy.

Ajee lasts longer for me if I spray on my skin, let it soak in, and spray again. Then it will last about 5 hours or more on skin, and up to 8 hours in hair.

It's a delicous fragrance, not expensive, and it doesn't smell at all cheap. It wears close to skin after about 5 minutes, so won't offend anyone near you. Ajee is a very pleasant, very spicy, very welcome suprise for Spicy Oriental fans.

nananessa
nananessa

I love this Revlon fragrance. I love the Oriental qualities of this one.

It smells wonderful, blends well with my chemistry, but doesn't hold on for the long wear I so love. But it is worth the money. I like to layer a patchouli with it to give it some staying power on me.

BlueMoonRose
BlueMoonRose

I bought this when it first came out and really liked it. I really enjoy spicy warm scents so I wish this one would become available in the stores again.

puppynose
puppynose

Based on sheridanellis's review I tried this. This is ridiculously inexpensive. I find sooooo many scents that are regarded as spicy to be bland and simply lacking is spiciness. This is a lovely spicy scent. I'd regard it as a Spicy Oriental vs an Oriental Floral. Although the floral components play their part, they only provide the supporting harmony- the background singers. The spices are the leads. The influence of the citrus fruits is not that of "top" notes or an opening burst. This is linear and the mildly tangy influence of the citrus is persistent and well blendned with the markedly spicy composition well into the dry down. Although I believe I personally would enjoy it even more without any persistent citric influence, I am likely an odd-ball in that respect and I recognize most would regard this as a more balanced and well constructed composition with that aspect- up to a point. It would be even better if it was less linear such that the citrus faded after a shorter duration leaving only the lovely lightly floral ambery spices to star in the heart notes followed by a slow sultry solo and encore by the ambered resinous spice. Then it would surely cross from like to love.
THANK YOU sheridanellis and Fragrantica folks! I may never have experienced this if not for you! This is in the spirit of Opium -KL -Cafe-Cafe -Cinnabar(original) -YouthDew etc- solid amberic rezinously and spicy.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

I JUST got my bottle of Ajee in today. I ordered from Cosmetic Mall (dot com) and they have wonderful prices and military discounts too.
If you are a fan of Opium or Cinnabar, as am I, you will adore this scent! From the moment I opened the box, I knew it was love! I may just have a new winter signature scent on my hands here! :)
Love it!
xxoo Happy Sniffing!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Revlon Ajee fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Revlon Ajee, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Ajee by Revlon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Ajee by Revlon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.