Designers » R S » Oriental Floral « Groups

Charlie Red Revlon for women

Charlie Red Revlon for women
dislike

tuberose

Charlie Red by Revlon is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. Charlie Red was launched in 1993. Top notes are orange blossom, gardenia, plum, black currant, violet and peach; middle notes are carnation, tuberose, orchid, jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley and rose; base notes are honey, sandalwood, amber, musk and cedar.

Orange Blossom Gardenia Plum Black Currant Violet Peach

Brilliant White Diamonds
Insolence
Wonderlust

Charlie Red Fragrance Reviews

I have been curious about these Charlie flankers for ages, but having never seen any of these anywhere to test, I had to either order blind or give up. I was reluctant to try this one because of the comparison to Red Door, and also because tuberose, listed as a prominent note, is difficult for me to wear. I took a chance and ordered this blind. Well, this smells nothing like Red Door on me, and I also smell no tuberose in this. This is a vintage type sweet fresh floral, suitable for daytime and casual wear. By vintage, I mean 80s type vintage, vaguely similar to the original Vanderbilt. Charlie Red smells like a bouquet of very sweet white flowers with no single flower taking centre stage, with a tiny dose of peach and maybe a bit of amber and musk in the drydown. There is also a slight metallic undertone when smelled up close, and I'm not sure what's causing that. This has a bit too much of that 80s sweet powder vibe for me to wear often, but I can see wearing it when I am in the right mood. I think fragrances like this were already on the way out by 1993 when this was launched, making way for the unisex aquatics that would become so popular during the 90s. If only Revlon had released it a decade prior, I think it would have had a bigger following.

sophiesnose
sophiesnose

Sweeter than I expected, but nice. The sweetness did last all day, and did not fade away with the dry down. I was shocked that I was able to wear it to work without any complaints, I may have been a bit heavy on the trigger finger. Not my typical choice in a fragrance but it has a place in my wardrobe for sure.

celebrity89
celebrity89

A watered down combo of Diamonds and Emeralds with a whisper of Poeme. I was planning to gift this one but I now find it to be similar to, or at least halfway to, Insolence. I may just keep it.

sanahrose
sanahrose

I am not an expert on identifying notes, but it was a blind buy from ebay and it seemed to have such great reviews even on blogs. Mind you, reading notes is confusing. It really is not how to buy a perfume. The classification of Oriental floral reassured me because it is my favourite fragrance type and I wear fragrances liberally only at home, and at night for 'being me' and feeling good (cannot flaunt fragrances outdoors as a muslim woman so I make do with deos to feel fresh, thankfully I have no bad odour and talcum powders are enough to give me the perfumed effect).
However, this first blind buy gave me surprises. It had just the right kind of fragrance I wanted. Unexpected too. I was expecting something floral and fresh when people said it was a good office wear. But it is just so romantic. Spicy. Not as sexy as Paco Rabanne's Black Xs which I got as a wedding gift from big brother, but I am happy to be in it when I wear my laces and satins.
But I did get bored of it after a while. So I took a break from it and now, it feels good again.

kessyster

I have to mentioned about the drydown. First of all the honey smell is quite strong for a while..then once gets more dry , is a softer , smooth , powdery sweet smell that I find very pleasant! I know I says my Charlie Gold still my favourite but I have to admit, this one didn't disappoint me in the end. Only find quite strong soon I sprayed. I agree with one of the reviews here..Honey plays a big part on this perfume.

kessyster

Finally I've decided to get the Charlie Red ( have been using the Gold one , my very favourite, and the white one, the one I most dislike). Ok ,the first impression I got the first time I've tried give me a strange aroma that for some strange reason reminds me ' summer aroma', is like that smell I get when I swimming in the sea and my body mixt with suncream ( hard to explain and I don't know why this perfume brings me that kind of ' summer memories' but at the same time have a strong smell of honey. Is quite strong generally speaking ( the gold one is strong too but in a different way) my Charlie Gold still the winner.

full 12th house
full 12th house

Very nice, affordable perfume for every season. The gardenia and amber are most prominent to me in this. In summer, I think the honey dominates. For the price, it has good longevity; six or seven hours on skin, and a good bit longer on clothes. The projection is fair, unless you over spray; in which case it becomes enormous.

orangepekoe
orangepekoe

Oh I love this scent. I tried this recently and it reminded me instantly of my old perfume I used to wear, Gloria Vanderbilt, but softer. It smells like floral, smooth, soft and good for everyday. I can smell the ylang ylang and carnation and honey, sandalwood on my wrist.
I used to see Charlie in the stores and I bought the regular Charlie once when I was a teenager. The bottle was smaller back then it seems.

redbionicle
redbionicle

I like this perfume but maybe not okay for the office as my co-worker started sneezing whenever I wore this perfume. It made me feel uncomfortable wearing this lovely scent

Sofia Ambrose
Sofia Ambrose

Charlie Red was a blind buy, based on reviews here. My first reaction was "very lovely!" I get a lot of tuberose / gardenia. I don't get carnation, even though it's supposed to be a pretty strong note. Maybe, to my nose, it's just blending really well with the tuberose and gardenia. So glad I got this!

kornelia4
kornelia4

Charlie Red is very gorgeous and glamorous night time scent. Usually people appreciate roses for their gentle aroma but for me always carnations had remarkable natural "perfumed" scent.

Taliera
Taliera

Excellent! But smells a bit like Eternity... Carnation and indoles. I have been looking for a fragrance that quintessentially evokes the colour red, for a long time. I may gave found it... little cheap old Charlie for $9.95. How did I overlook it?

You think this smells like Red Door? Well I happened to be trialling Charlie Red on my left arm and Red Door on my right, and my experience was that they are COMPLETELY different. Red Door is a powdery stink bomb (to be blunt), and Charlie Red is crisp, heady white flowers (despite still smelling "red" in my imagination). I couldn't wait to get Red Door off me, sorry. Reminds me of primary school teachers - cardigans, moo moos, and chunky gold jewellery - early to mid 90s.

(Note: just because both perfumes feature the word "red" and originated in the same era doesn't mean they smell alike!!)

But there are two drawbacks to Charlie Red. 1 - it doesn't last very long (it's EDT) 2 - becomes less "red" and more "white" in the end, smelling more or less like Eternity (same era).

juniemoon
juniemoon

I love all the flower and fruit notes plus all the spiciness I wouldn't change one single thing about Charlie Red it is my favourite of all the Charlies. I can spray with abandon as it is $8.99 and available always at my nearest perfumery. If anyone near me doesn't like it, they can just move away from me! Going to revel in this one forever!

mishko
mishko

Terrible! It smells exactly like the cheapest smelling
liquid soap you can find. Once it reaches the base notes it gets slightly delightful but it is a little too late. It lasts a while but since it is a softer scent than Gold it turns into a skin scent quicker and just when it gets better. What a shame :-(

brieks07
brieks07

This has so many notes that I like -- reading about it, it sounded like the PERFECT perfume. ...Do you sense the big "BUT" that comes next? :( *sigh* Today, I found a tester of it at Gordman's. I was so excited! I happily pick it up and....UGH!! It was so strong and overpowering that I felt sick to my stomach just from a sniff of the tester bottle! I didn't even spray it - and after that, I didn't dare put it on my skin to see how it would go. I really, really wanted to like it. Maybe it would be somewhat nice if it wasn't QUITE so strong.

ThisIsOurBlanket
ThisIsOurBlanket

Deliciously sweet honey scent on my skin. Can definitely tell there's florals & other things, but I get a lot of honey and I'm not complaining :). I get the plum too, which is reminiscent of my favorite Poison.

faoumed

I've ordered this perfume online it was a big risk because I didn't know what to expect big surprise !!! Nice scent !!!

Princess Brittany
Princess Brittany

I remember when Charlie ads were on tv when I was a kid. I think my Mom owned a bottle once...I never remember what it smelled like and never had any interest in it until now.... A client was wearing this gorgeous scent and I asked and she said she was wearing Charlie MUCH to my surprise. Right away I went out a bought it. Funny thing is this is the cheapest thing in collection and I get compliments on it every time I wear it with out fail. It's lovely and sensual... the notes in my opinion all mesh together and form this unique scent. I can't distinguish them separately. It's light but very potent and lasts a decent 5 to 6 hours. It's sweet (not sticky sweet), really smooth and deliciously musky. Needless to say, I Am In Love!

Edt
Very white floral and then woody. The deospray is more powdery but edt is balsamic and powdery. Very intensive perfume, not weak. Not bad but not great. I would stand scenting this once in a while on others but I wouldn't want to use it myself.

emt1986
emt1986

Ok, so Charlie Red isn't BAD, per se... but if you put this in an aluminum can with a Glade label, I'd totally believe it was air freshener. Just saying. I get honeyed florals with a bit of that aquatic "toilety" vibe (which I think is the violet?), though that's not quite as prominent here as it is in Charlie Gold, which I can't tolerate at all. Sillage and longevity are good... I might wind up having to scrub this before I head out tonight. It's bordering on headache-inducing.

Deospray:
A mix of everything listed but not as fruity as the main notes tell.

Very floral, a little sweet and then mild ylang-ylang + sandalwood. Powdery. The sweetness reminds me more of honey than fruit, so honey is more prominent than peach, plum and black currant. I definately feel the rose but it's well-blended with the other floral scents. Gardenia and lily of the valley are intensive and I'm not sure how Carnation smells so I can't rate it.
To sum up my overall impression: Flowers, honey and ylang-ylang.

If this would have been the first fragrance I had ever smelled, I would like it more, but now I'm comparing it to my favourites and other Charlie perfumes. Compared to Charlie White and Touch I like this way more.

shellapoo
shellapoo

I bought this perfume without smelling it first...always a risk, I know. In this case, though, it was a wonderful purchase! I had the original Charlie in middle school and hadn't tried it as an adult. When I looked for it, I found that several variations were available, and decided to take the plunge and try them all. Out of all of them, this one is by far my favorite. Immediately after spraying I get a heavy dose of tuberose, along with florals, most noticeable being carnation and gardenia. Luckily for me, I LOVE tuberose! On my skin, this lovely blend at the start lasts quite a while, and as it warms to the heart, I smell a few additional floral notes but none of the fruits listed for some reason. The sillage is good on me, and the longevity pretty good, too. On the drydown, it really becomes a skin scent on me, albeit a very pleasant one hinting of musky sandalwood. Immediately upon trying this scent it reminded me of a few of my favorites: Elizabeth Arden Red Door, Giorgio Red, and Elizabeth Taylor Diamonds and Rubies. This one is sure to be in my collection as long as it is available...I'll probably buy a few extra bottles to hoard in case it ever disappears.

statekpijany
statekpijany

Call me weird but it smells like soap to me. Literally. There is this tiny little hint of tuberose but nothing else.

A big NO.

Ambergris Intoxication
Ambergris Intoxication

Tuberose, carnation and honey OH MY! this is just exactly everything I hate in a perfume! It's like the heavily fragranced outhouse restrooms at lonely state and federal parks. With less poop of course. It makes my throat all scratchy.

ia_ramos
ia_ramos

If I try hard, I can pick out some notes. But I don't want to try so hard. So, then I mostly smell hairspray.

karmascent
karmascent

On me this is all about plastic flowers.. acrid, plastic flowers that only improve to the point of toilet bowl sanitizer. I experience no creaminess. No warmth. No anything but plastic flowers. I'd use it as a bathroom spray only if I wanted my bathroom to smell like a bathroom in a government run building (I don't). It may, however, be good for insect control (I'll have to test that out).

I recently purchased this at a brick and mortar retailer, so perhaps like so many other fragrances, it was reformulated (especially to accommodate the $6 price point).

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Smells like Lancome Poeme. Very white floral and stuffy.

I was hoping for roses/honey/amber, but I can`t smell any of that.

sasana
sasana

I'm so sorry to say that especially because there seem to be so many lovers of this fragrance on here, but Charlie Red smells to me simply cheap and awful and its smells seriously like a refresher stone for the toilet :( I get sick from the smell. What did I miss about it, that makes it so great to others?

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

Oh what a warm, sexy, sweet woody tuberose scent! This is a lot softer than you might think from the Charlie line--no harsh loudness here at all. It opens on me with a soft blast of violet, a hint of peach, and the sweet tuberose which carries throughout. I get a bit of gardenia and orange blossom, but nothing overly heady as white flowers can sometimes be.
The drydown is all tuberose, amber, woods and musk with a tiny hint of spicy carnation for good measure. This one is a classic, well worth hunting down. It is sexy without being over the top, and I can't stop sniffing myself today!

AlexisJane
AlexisJane

I had this when I was little in a rollerball form, and recently found it for under AU$15, and despite it possibly being the cheapest (in price) perfume that I own, it is probably one of the most complimented.

On me it starts out almost cold, like a bouquet of tuberose, gardenia and jasmine. However, it's softened quite quickly with warm honey. The scent, while it has fantastic sillage, only lasts about an hour and a half on my skin.

I don't mind respraying it because it's not a massive dent in the pocket if you need another bottle, but it does spray out a LOT of perfume at once, so the bottle depletes quite quickly.

Just as well I was able to get a bunch of backup bottles, because this is a great perfume that I hope to always have.

Elmyra
Elmyra

So UK still has it? Ive had it long ago in SA, but like in the 90s
Lovely frag, want it again

Nelken
Nelken

I absolutely love the initial white flower accord . Tuberose + gardenia is a match made in fragrance heaven for me and here it smells fresh and romantic.. Just wish I could pick up the carnation, which is one of my favourite notes, and sadly it is not the case.

Unfortunately, after about five minutes- ten at best the flowers are ambushed by a heavy, cloying hairspray-like musk and sandalwood gang. The bad guys ! They leave them weighed down, tarnished, motionless and lifeless.

Another name for Charlie Red could be "Lost illusions" or "The end of innocence".

Very good projection ; lasting power on the other hand is about two hours only on my skin.

Having said that, given the number of very positive reviews ( and the ridiculous price ), this is certainly not a fragrance I would talk someone out of getting. After all, I like the original Charlie/Charlie Blue while many find it repulsive.

And I can't help feeling grateful to those brands that brought fragrance to the masses, like Revlon, Avon and Yves Rocher. I am old enough to remember the times when perfume was -rightly- considered an insanely luxurious product to be used on very special occasions only.

So much so that it usually started to go bad before one had had enough "special occasions" to reach the end of the bottle !

Gingercat77
Gingercat77

I really love white florals and hearing about this made me curious to try it- i must admit the wallet frriendly price tag also was a factor :)
First thing that hit me was the tuberose, which i adore, loud, creamy and delicious. The initial tuberose blast doesnt last long however and fades way too quickly. Half an hour after spraying this i couldnt smell anything which was a bit of a let down but with a 100ml bottle cosing only £6, you can afford to be generous with the spraying :) it reminds me a lot of Givenchy Amarige, which i also love, but has much much greater lasting power. Still, for £6 im not complaining!!! This will do fine for days when i just want something light yet delicious.

faoumed

The smell is amazing . My husband complimentes me all the time

lirael00
lirael00

Charlie Red opens very strongly, sillage is huge, but unfortunately the smell disappears after 1-2 hours, so you have to reaplly it very often, but that shouldn't be a problem because the perfume itself is so cheap so you're not wasting any money if you're using it more than you should. Charlie Red is a typicall tuberose fragrance (in my opinion) so it's definitely not for everyone, because tuberose or gardenia can be tricky (if used wrongly they can be horrible). Charlie Red for me is just okey, not the best or the worst. I preffer Charlie Gold, but from time to time when I'm in the special mood I will gladly spray some Charlie Red on me.

dhtamara

OMG...this is the cheapest perfume in my posession and I keep getting compliments...go figure. It's not that well known and so it's kinda unique...I feel so feminine and classy...a winner!

Tiger84
Tiger84

A surprisingly pleasant creamy floral, quite lovely and soft but not boring. Rather creamy than very sweet. Much better than I expected. Somehow reminds me to beach time. No idea how long it lasts but for this price all should just keep respraying without making complaints.

patxaran
patxaran

Think I have fallen in love with this! I have only tried the "Charlie Red" body spray (white bottle with red chiffon design) but if the EDT smells like it then I need to get it asap. Creamy tuberose, powder, honey... a good pinch of carnation too. Just make sure to get the EDT and not the Eau Fraiche which is not listed here but widely sold - so many reviews here and elsewhere saying the Eau Fraiche is not as good so I will pay good attention to avoid that one :-)

dhtamara

A trip down memory lane...still a wonderful scent...bought it yesterday and in the store another customer told me I smelled sweet and fresh. I bought the last bottle and she was disapointed she couldn't buy one.

Grodanmimmi
Grodanmimmi

On me this is a very fresh smelling perfume, i get a lot of the white floral and musk notes. Inoffencive daytime perfume for the office or after the gym.

EDIT: for being a eau de toilette this is a very longlasting fragrance, i put it on at maybe 1 pm and i can still smell it the next morning! Cheap, longlasting and a nice scent, a complete winner to me :)

lannyM
lannyM

Not expensive...but not long-lasting fragrance

Antares811
Antares811

I tried this scent a few days ago for the first time and I was impressed.
It's a lovely floral, a very clean smell, delicate and feminine.
Unfortunately it doesn't last long on my skin.

How many Charlies do we have? Many, LOL!
Grant I don't like most of them, Red is kind of exception. I remember the one is the frosted glass bottle but the one I find easily now is the clear one.
Usually at about 9 euro, is a good deal if you're looking for a nice white floral without great expectations. It does smell tuberose, in a similar way like many mainstream, high end and niche contain "tuberose", that is chemical.
This tuberose is very faint and diluted but nice and surronded by other complimentary notes that are faint enough in order not to cover the tuberose, so everything is at its place and they all work together.
It seems to me that it smells more balanced and less messy than other Charlies.
It smells like Amarige has been diluted 10 times.
The staying power is not great and projection is low if you don't spray at least 4 spray, but no more than 6 please!
It's a feminine and easy going scent out of the cheap candy-spicy crowd.
If you happen to see a tester give it a try. If you don't like it will be relatively easy to remove with water and soap.

Edit: the more I smell it the more I think it could be a good daytime floral, not stinky at all as many would expect from a cheap one.
It has a vague similarity with Nazareno Gabrielli.

FionaNewZealand
FionaNewZealand

My favourite out of the Charlies. It had to grow on me though, at first it was too cloying. I smell roses and honey, that's how it feels to me. Today I have it layered over BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar body lotion and it smells divine. Lasts a while too.

Shyannepassley
Shyannepassley

I used to like this scent as a kid when my mother wore it, but I just got some and it is way too sweet and strong for me. It is a more mature scent.

nitschevo

Very very nice! First spray: burst of flowers with Tuberose and Gardenia fighting over the top spot. On my skin the fight continues for about 30 minutes but I enjoy that. Then some sort of softness and creaminess kicks in and I'm very surprised and delighted on how nice this actually is! After a while it's just creamy and snugly flowers. Perfect scent to go for a walk in spring or have a nice picknick in the afternoon in summer :) Totally not dated or obnoxious (if used "normal" ;))

1973nasiba
1973nasiba

I received it today with ebey.ну that it is possible to tell - a smell sweet, I am similar to a cheap lipstic . tuberose here I don't hear. in the beginning it is one powerful carnation, then aroma ceases and passes into lipstick and where that in about 3 hours remains a lung soap.к стати to me very much reminded LouLou cacharel the same sweet lipstick aroma.в difference from the blue colleague sounds very cheap. neither firmness nor a loop - full disappointment.the old woman I began to smell.

Princess Adora
Princess Adora

I remember my mum wearing this perfume when I was little and loving it now I wear it, it's the only strong scent that I will wear because I usually wear more fruitier sweet fragrances but saying that even though it's a sexy strong scent it still is quite sweet and slightly fruity and the staying power I find for this is amazing,some say that this smells like red door but I don't think it does but I would recommend this perfume for women who usually like me wear fruity and sweet fragrances but want to try something stronger but still sweet.

jinty05
jinty05

Excellent as a room spray, very very flowery and at a good price.
I've worn it on skin before and it lasts typically for 3 to 4 hours but on fabric it lasts much much longer.
I bought the EDT version with the clear bottle not the frosted one as indicated in the photo.

Thatkid

I was given this as a gift in High School, and lo and behold, my mother hated it on me, like every fragrance on me, but others thought it smelled lovely, and it does!

Voopie
Voopie

Smelled this today and I am GLAD that I did, I have been looking for Charlie Red for a long time. Charlie Red consist of two things powder and tuberose. Magic in a bottle!!

Lakambini
Lakambini

One of my loves. I get peach very early on, like after the first half hour. I get the sandalwood too, the barest traces of Red Door's sandalwood-rich dry-down. There are some sweet, heady florals but blended so well I can't pick out individual notes (and I'm usually tuned to the presence of tuberose and gardenia in a fragrance).

Overall, this is a soft, ambery-woody floral peach on my skin, and it lasts 9-12 hours. A perfume that is cheap as chips, and smells more pleasant and expensive than one might expect from the price and utilitarian packaging; it has a certain teenage or 20-something easiness (dare I say trashiness?) that makes it a delight to spray all over -- I never worry that I'm depleting a work of high art. This perfume makes me feel young and pretty and I will probably use it all the way up.

nitschevo

@takeasniff: I was recently browsing for this perfume and on the frosted bottle it says eau fraiche - maybe that helps? Apparently the clear bottles contain eau de toilette :)

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Charlie Red is definitely warm, sunny, happy, sweet fruity floral with unbelievable price/longevity/projection ratio.
First sniff was : "harsh!", "90's", "Eternity?!", "bubblegum"...
But no, it's not that. It's smooth silky flowers with a touch of green freshness and fruit.
Thankfully, the fruity sweetness is well balanced and the drydown is very clean, peachy-musky, reminding me of fabric softener.

Aerides
Aerides

charlie red has a beautiful floral bouquet with prominent notes of jasmine, rose, carnation, gardenia and lily of the valley. The dry down is very clean smelling without being too soapy. More like fresh laundry. A very complex scent for its current price.

Coconutmusk
Coconutmusk

This was the first perfume a friend gave me when I was a young teenager and I instantly loved it. It was so sweet and musky and really fit me. All the boys really liked it too :) I bought a bottle a few years ago to recapture a part of my youth and I found it didn't quite seem the same. Maybe it was because I was older and my tastes had changed but after reading what the reviewer below me said (takeasniff) I think they really hit the nail on the head. It does seem to have a hairspray quality I don't remember and isn't quite as sweet. And looking at the notes listed I can't even begin to guess which of them I smell in order to review this. I know that it lasted a long time on me that's for sure!

takeasniff
takeasniff

I remember when this launched and I got a bottle when I was very young and used to wear it to work.

Then I got a bottle a few years back and it smelled very alchoholic and my husband said what smells like booz?

I recently found a bottle and rather than being in the frosted bottle like in the picture, it is in a bottle like the charlie gold and the blue one it is a clear bottle and the smell is much sweeter, syrupy and richer it doesn't have any alchohol smell. I looked at the bottom of the bottle and it says Revlon London? Made in the UK?

I don't know if anyone knows what I am talking about but this version I think smells much more potent and much nicer. Whenever I wear it my husband compliments me and he cannot smell the boozy smell like the other one. I remember their was an Eau Fraiche version of these and I didn't really like those.

If anyone else has seen this version I have please shed some light on it for me because I have tried to get it again but they only have the frosted bottles as pictured here? The version I have has phenomonal staying power too.

If you do see the version I am talking about give it a try because it has less of that hairspray note that the Charlie range can sometimes suffer from it is straight up perfume smell but it is only and edt.

Very strange.

missdietcoke1
missdietcoke1

This perfume makes me smile. Brings back memories of my childhood, when I was regularly steeling my mom's lipstic and carried it with me everywhere I went aka playground!:) One day she had enough and she bought me my very own first lipstick. I vividly remember the colour and the smell of it! First spray of Charlie Red, and I get the smell of that lipstick!:) Very harsh opening indeed (the lipstic was not this loud!), but after 20-30 minutes it turns into something beautiful! Very safe everyday scent, and yes ladies, it is sexy! My boyfriend is the biggest critic with his silence. Almost never compliments on my perfumes, only on rare occasions, but with Charlie Red it is always a "you smell very nice":)

AngelaChase
AngelaChase

This is a very simple, beautiful, everyday perfume that will always make someone stop and ask "What are you wearing?"! It’s not a perfume where different notes pop out at you during different times, leaving you in a different scent every 15 to 30 minutes. All the notes blend together from the first spray, to the last remains on your skin after 3+ hours, and that’s what's so good about it. You smell the same the whole time you are wearing it! It’s not big and loud but it’s not soft and quiet...it’s a very pleasant, romantic scent that fits all ages and all nationalities. It can be worn day and night and for all seasons too! 100% versatile and that’s very rare in a perfume! Perfect for a young girls first perfume as well as a teenage girls first pefume...Perfect as a mothers day present and perfect for your grandmothers birthday!
Best for people with dry skin, so the perfume lasts up to 3/5 hours, as it's only a toilette!
For people with moist skin types, Charlie Red lasts up to 2 hours!

Bojolo
Bojolo

This was my first perfume as a teenager and wow. Its very good for what you pay! I don't use it anymore but it was vibrant and fun and a good all rounder. I would buy it as a gift for a teenager and if I was hit by hard times it would be a good fall back for me. Loved it.

Charlie Red is an inexpensive fragrance, usually found in discount stores or hidden in small-town chemists. For the price, I really didn't expect much, although I must admit that I enjoy the original Charlie and Charlie Gold.

Charlie Red is a sweet, warm and classy floral. It is surprisingly creamy and long lasting on the skin, with tuberose, carnation, peach, gardenia, ylang ylang and amber. I find it very easy to like.

Charlie Red does tend to open rather loud at first, however the heart and drydown are much smoother. I can honestly say that the top notes do smell mature, however the creamy, sweet drydown suggests that it can be worn by any woman, of any age.

It's not an overly complex fragrance, but it's not boring either. I think it would make an excellent and affordable staple in any perfume wardrobe. I also wouldn't hesitate to try blending Charlie Red with other fragrances. It could add a pleasant, creamy white floral quality to anything spicy or citrusy.

This might come as a shock to some, but Charlie Red is actually quite sexy. I can definitely see this inexpensive gem gaining quite a few compliments. Not bad for something so cheap. I recommend.

*_koko_*
*_koko_*

I love this scent.. I remember my mommy using this when I was 18 yo and really liked it.. Now I'm 29 yo and I finally use it.. I find it special and elegant.. I can't identify all the individual notes, but the complex is lovely for me.. an elegant fragrance for women, a strong floral, but still really nice.. my boyfriend loves this too.. :)

Thatkid

I remember really loving this. I can't find it anywhere now.

rfh
rfh

I have never bought any perfume blindly..usually i go test it give it a week of thinking..sometimes testing it several times during that week from diff shops coz i hate to regret buying any perfume since i enjoy collecting them.. i so much want to try charlie red since all these review were positive about it..by the way, i never knew that charlie perfumes are made by revlon coz in my country revlon, borgois and stuff are only for make up unless they were famous at the time i was very little..like soid de paris and charlie..but i remember that mom had charlie the blue one when i was four and i hated it so much since it was so strong to me but the red one i bit its really good especially that my taste has changed by time of course.. want to buy this at least for mom but cant find it anywhere here..

Ce11estion
Ce11estion

just got my Charlie Red through the post just out of utter curiosity from the reviews here..

A big fruity Bouquet blast at first and some hint of Plum I think, I'm also hit by an early debut of Sandalwood which is most welcome..

Heart is L.o.t.v for sure with Ylang and a sharp unmistakeable note of violet..

A fairly Masculine dry down which surprises me - Musky heady and quite sexy, the cedar and musk kicking in first .. honey is definitely background but it's circling slowly, weaving its way into the potion.. To me it has little hints of Organza fleur d'oranger after 30 minutes or so.. which is nice as mine's nearly run out!.. surprisingly also at risk of being laughed at, reminiscent of Lalique's limited edition 2000 (all the big gun base notes) which I own and treasure.

All in all for a lower end fume this is impressive.. The notes are as defined as any of my collection, if not more so in some cases.. Warm sensual and very likeable, despite moderate longevity, and let's face it who cares at that price!? and the undeserved bargain bin status, I give it a well deserved credit : ) A blind buy result!

Mollydelovely
Mollydelovely

Giddy champagne giggles and cheap thrills... I need this perfume back in my life!!!

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I got this perfume from drugstore classics in a wonderful swap (thanks friend!) I love this soooo much that I have to say I could wear it every day! It is in the running to be my signature frag. I love everything about it and I spray it before I go to bed because it's so soothing. It's alot like me; not high-end and snooty and doesn't pretend to be. Just plain pretty!

kamisis
kamisis

au début j'ai détesté ce parfum je trouvais qu'il sentais l'insecticide(l'oeillet certainement)
puis après quelques jours, je l'ai aimé il fini un peu poudré quand on va au bout des choses. il m'a fortement rappelé gloria vanderbilt que je pensais détesté aussi et du coup comme il me le rappelais tant et bien je l'ai racheté et je le porte aussi avec plaisir. charlie red tient quelques heures sur la peau odeur légère mais tient très bien jusqu'au lendemain sur les vetements.

seagreen55
seagreen55

This was a blind purchase for me, and what a pleasant surprise! I don't know what's in this fragrance that makes it so appealing, but I keep reaching for it every day.....it's nice and warm, with just a little 'zing', and it lasts all day, too. I've since purchased four additional, large 3.4oz bottles!

LOLAISA
LOLAISA

I purchased modern eau de toilette 100ml based on reviews here. I love to blind buy perfumes, but I regret my purchase this time.
Honestly this is so watered down version that I barely feel any smell!
Maybe vintage version is worth a try, but do not waste your money on new one...

shitmuffin
shitmuffin

Charlie Red....my first fragrance. After trying this on in a department store when I was 14, I begged mum to buy it for me (it wasn't cheap back then), I finally got it and it was my signature fragrance for a further 4 years. I was always complemented on my smell.
It's something that lasted all day, even into the night on me, I loved it.

This is a perfume I will always have sitting on my shelf. And for $10 a bottle, every woman should.

noori
noori

I was eager to try it - tuberose and carnation in one frag! - and it was a disappointment. Even though I would like the flowers, there is some odd, rubber-like note that I don't like, and it did not go away, even when the other notes came forward. Aside from that, it was pretty nice, but that one note... brrr.

caca102
caca102

I don't really detect any floral or "animalic" note in this. It reminds me of old fashion fruit candies-- sweet and fruity, kind of refreshing but not unique. It's not bad but nothing special. Lasting power is average, about 4-5 hours.

sharon1984
sharon1984

I always use this scent after showering, it feels refreshing.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

This does have a bit of a Red Door vibe going on, but on me a pineapple note came out. Weird. I wore this on a work trip to Mexico. It kept me feeling fresh and clean even though we were hot and dirty (and not in a good way! lol!) It is very long lasting which is odd because the scent is so light. I personally don't think it is a "heavy" perfume and I am not a huge floral fan so that's saying something. Besitos!

phia143
phia143

At first it smells like a bouquet of flowers but the flowery scent seem to disappear during the dry down. Its a shame i like the floral scent. The dry down smells like a very light perfumed talc powder. I smelled it on the forth hr and sadly i had to put my wrist to my nose in order to be able to smell it and even then i could hardly smell it. I would of liked the scent to last a little longer. It does smell a little stronger on my clothes though. If you prefer light scents this ones a good one for you.

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

EDIT - originally I thought this was rather similar to Giorgio Beverly hills, I agree but it also smells like freshly cleaned carpets in a hotel - whatever they use as an industrial carpet cleaner smells like this. Too sharp/chemically and metallic for me! Gave it away

Halvah
Halvah

I agree with those who feel some resemblance with Charlie Red and Avon Rare Gold or arden's Red Door. It's a more bareable, lighter and younger (in feeling) than those two, but still makes me feel old and melancolic. The scent itself is rich and nice, a huge bouquet of flowres, mainly tuberose. It's not as nausating as Red Door or Rare Gold, so if I had to choose between the two I would choose this one, but better for me staying away from all of them. Sorry for the negative opinion.

almond-papaya
almond-papaya

I am 31 and had this was the first perfume I used as a teen. talking maybe 15 years ago lol! I loved it then but having smelt it since it is absolutlyey disgusting and smells very cheap and nasty!!!

not even worth £1 .. yucky yuck yuck :( smells like i just been out to the garden picked some f,lowers and mashed them all up! (like i used to do when I was a kid lol)!

Lilii
Lilii

I bought a 100ml of Edt recently for indoor use only , it smells very flowery and sweet on my cloths in a oldfashioned soapy way but nice and lovely somehow reminds me of Shafali by Yves rocher, but a sweeter cheaper version.

But on my skin, god I did not even have the opportunity to smell it because 30 seconds after I sprayed the stuff my eyes started burning and became watery and my throat started itching, I washed it with soap but still could not get rid of the stuff.

If you are a sensitive and allergic person like me I would sugget to apply it only in your wardrobe or on cloths some time before wearing. dont worry it lasts for ever and you also get rid of the nasty reactions to the chemical stuff.

Charlie red is not so harsh and masculine as Charlie blue. I like Charlie red more, because it's more feminine. But for me still it's too strong and harsh.

pw
pw

IT HAS A BRILLIANT SCENT AND EXCELLENT STAYING POWER ON ME IT LASTS FOR HOURS

bunnyunderbelly
bunnyunderbelly

PURE TRASH! I love it, it's like hairspray and strip bars, cocktails and nailvarnish, lipgloss and laddered tights...it's the kind of thing you douse yourself in before a night out with the girls. Spray some on the gusset of your tights, in your shoes, wherever, put it in your handbag...it's cheap but you'll still smell better than everyone around you who is covered in beer and sick. You should probably spray a little on your friend who has been grinding against the wall all night. And men love it! Pure night time sleaze; I don't understand how anyone can wear this during the day!

twillocks

Very soft and sexy. To me it is Red Door but not as expensive. I love it !!

Charlie Red to me smells like a lighter version of Red Door. I love both

This perfume is SOOO good in the staying power, that even after taking a shower it is still there, like you did NOT take the shower!! WAUW!

This perfume is AMAZING!!!!
It is a very beautiful and complex soft white floral with amazing staying power!! It belongs to the Fragrance family of:

Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy
Yves Rocher Tendre Jasmin
Amouage Ciel

It is FANTASTIC!

gingergirl60
gingergirl60

My Special friend,being very hard up this Christmas, was not going to buy presents this Christmas,but when it came to it he bought me a big bottle of charlie Red,and I told him quite truthfully that I had wanted some. It smellls nice but doesn't last very long.Fine for work or those days when you don't want smell too individual,just fresh.
It's the thought that counts!

gazelle
gazelle

Charlie Red is perfect for shopping today in central Texas where the weather will shoot to 72F with all that glorious sun to boot. Charlie Red is fruit. flowers, and wood. What a fragrance to go with this day, the last in 2010. What else can I ask for?

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is not my kind of perfume but I have a fondness for it because it is what my mother has worn for as long as I can remember. On her it is orange blossom, orchid and sandalwood. Sort of soft and spicy all at once. I think this is too strong for day wear though, best for an evening out.

guest_taasali:-)
guest_taasali:-)

my auntie had this and when i smelt it i did not like it i was a bit to strong for me but it is long lasting if u like strong scents buy it but u like sweet scent then u will get the biggest headache ever

guest_kanesmummy
guest_kanesmummy

i love this soooo much brings back memeories i wore it the first time i met my fiance and he loves it and still does as i still wear it brings back good memeores for us both i can help but wear it its addictive hope it goes on forever i uy bulk

AmyG77
AmyG77

I'm supposed to be gettin this in the mail, I bought it cause I remembered that I liked it. I hope my feeling for it haven't changed.

deeannek
deeannek

I just got a bottle of Charle Red in a "lot" of perfumes I bought. I was positive that it would be one of the items I would re-sell but I can't do it. I like it too much. This has to be one of the best musky perfumes around. It is good to be surprised by a perfume that I would not have dreamed of even testing-and then I go and fall in love with it.
What a happy cheap find.
Oh and it does remind me of Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds and I love that one too.

maiker
maiker

so sexy, i really like it, is more than i can think

sky76sky
sky76sky

Oh Charlie! You drug store classic!

I never really bonded with any Charlie scent, but when you needed a lift & didn't have the cash there was always a Charlie to suit your needs. (Except the original Charlie which, for me was always "Charlie Evil").

Red is a rich peachy floral, heavy on the musk as was the trend for the early 90's.

For me, nothing special & not my style...but it does bring back the memories!

moonwalker
moonwalker

I swear to God, this is my last blind buy.

I don´t say I don´t like it. I just wouldn´t have bought it if I had smelled it first. I will wear it though.

It´s very sweet warm scent. I can smell honey, rose, and vanilla. It has a tiny little bit of 80tish vibe in it. Very good sillage and lasting power.

AmberLove
AmberLove

Many years ago I had this fragrance and I used it up...after reading the reviews here, I got some nice memories of this scent. I went to order it and received my bottle today;)Am so happy, its cheap in price but certainly not in smell, this can give some high end brands a run for their money....the peach and musk dominate on my skin. Thats why I really like it, it smells so innocent but yet very alluring. A classic for me.

preciouspetal
preciouspetal

This ones really lovely, i have some of this and it's very warm smelling so i wear it in the cooler weather which seems to make the smell come out better and crisper. It can be a little heady and too sweet in warm weather.

I know this is not the most expensive but it is my favorite perfume and though it has many ingredients it is still light and tropical.The nozzle is really good as it lets the perfume out as mist and spreads it all over instead of it being in one place and being over powering.

guest_bumby
guest_bumby

Oh dear lord..
this unfortunate one can be seen sitting on the discount racks of drugstores for as little as $11.
Charlie Red tries to be unique by combining layers upon layers of contradicting scents that dont really go well together.

badusername
badusername

I just bought this and Charlie Gold on a whim, based on a memory of me and my sister wearing this when I was a kid. I'm soooo glad that the memory of it didn't let me down after all these years.

It's the rose, honey, amber, peach and sandalwood that makes this scent soooo exciting. And musk - a lot of it.

Cheap in price maybe, but oh so rich.

Allegra
Allegra

I can still remember the warm, delightful and sensually spicy smell of Charlie Red. It was one of my first-ever fragrances and also one of the darling culprits to be blamed (or thanked!) for dragging me into the wonderful world of perfumes. It's a neverending journey that just gets more and more interesting & exciting over time :)

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

I used to love this scent...many years ago it was one of my favorites. It has a nice warm sensual fragrance.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Revlon Charlie Red fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Revlon Charlie Red, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Charlie Red by Revlon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Charlie Red by Revlon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.