Designers » R S » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson Revlon for women

Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson Revlon for women
dislike

sour
Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson Revlon for women Pictures Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson Revlon for women Pictures Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson Revlon for women Pictures

Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson is the perfume of the young generation of the early 90s. Its composition features the notes of fruits, flowers, sweets, woods and amber.

Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson was launched in 1989.

Fruity Notes Floral Notes Sweet Notes Woodsy Notes Amber

Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson Fragrance Reviews

laurniko
laurniko

My FIRST PERFUME EVER. Omg, just seeing this on Fragrantica makes me so happy! I can't even remember what this smells like but I remember the bottle well. I got it for Christmas when I was super young, like 11 or 12? I would kill to get my hands on some of this now. I vaguely remember this smelling very sweet, I would spray it with abandon while listening to Madonna or Debbie herself on my pink stereo. Good times.

EDIT: Thanks to a sweet and delightful swapper I am now holding a brand new bottle of this in my hand and laughing VERY hard. It's SO sweet and it is very young smelling, not my bag at all any longer, but the nostalgia is great and I'll always cherish it!

Fabulous Janice
Fabulous Janice

Wow! Brings back the memories of high school. If you weren't wearing Poison or Primo, you were wearing electric youth. I went to a Debbie Gibson concert my Sophmore year. The opening act was Glass Tiger. I made sure to wear my electric youth to the concert. It was a high voltage scent that was fresh and full of energy. The bottle is so classic 80's. They surely nailed that one. Such good times! Xox

LaurenBacall
LaurenBacall

There was a time (1990) when literally every girl in my elementary school was wearing this (including me.) Reminds me of a time long vanished, some place hovering between late '80s ennui and early '90s high energy. Think mid-career R.E.M. meets the Beverly Hills 90210 crowd. In other words, a curious and somewhat irritating clash of styles--not quite childish and not quite mature. Really couldn't wear this again, as this fragrance does not represent fond memories for me. I'd forgotten what an odd developmental phase I was in at that age.

wildangel72
wildangel72

Bwhahahaha....I had this back in the day! Somebody gifted it to me, in 1991 I believe. Turns out, she only gave it to me because her parents forbid her to spray it, lol.

I remember it was loud, sweet, and kind of sharp in that bargain-price teenage 80s perfume sort of way. The bottle I had, the liquid was a bright almost neon pink, not yellowish like shown here. Funny, it really did smell kind of neon--which was all the rage at the time. Neon pink lipstick, neon shoelaces in your LA Gear Brats, and a comically-huge neon bow in the frizzy sideways ponytail that just grazed your massive, linebacker shoulder pads. We had it goin on, baby!

At any rate, this ended up in the trash not long after I got it. My mom hated it too, as did seemingly every person over the age of 19. My bottle with the neon pink slinky inside got confiscated and thrown away, and I went back to the only perfumes my parents deemed acceptable for me at the time: Love's Baby Soft and Coty Wild Musk. :-)

silverraindropps
silverraindropps

I can't recall the scent as much as I would like too. All I remember is that my kid self loved this sweet scent more then anything. Now the song won't get out of my head!

Lucky7z

I had this back in 1989 I was in 8th grade!!!!

I remember it being a sweet,musky & powdery and a little went a long way!! This stuff lasted for hours but I'm know back then I was over spraying lol But It did smell so good IMO kinda wish I would've kept my bottle after I used it up.

nlo7497
nlo7497

Love this perfume. I got a bottle when I was 14, and I'm now 18. I loved Debbie Gibson after finding her cassette in my mom's box. I Heard she had a perfume and had to snag a bottle. I feel it's actually gotten better over the years, and I still continue to use it. It's very light, and not very long-lasting. I'll use it for daytime wear because it's not overpowering. It's very enticing but sweet at the same time, and I definitely love smelling my wrists when I have it on.

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

Smells like very strong lavender to me

Lucky7z

I had this in 1989 I was in 8th grade!!!!

I absolutely loved it and I remember it smelling fruity,floral,sweet & fresh! It smelled soooooooo good and I'm sure I over sprayed it (it was strong & long lasting) lol I wish I would have kept my bottle.....this one was one of the 1st perfumes I bought with my allowance!

Rosalind34
Rosalind34

My mom got me a bottle of Electric Youth for Christmas back in the day. I remember I was so disappointed because I wanted an Oriental powerhouse like Opium and I got Electric Youth instead. LOL! Oh well....what can I say about this fragrance? It has got to be the sweetest perfume I've ever smelled. It's a complete cotton candy bomb! The bottle looks so dated to the 80s that it's hilarious. It's so very new wave. It looks like it should have been launched earlier than 1989 -early 80s perhaps -about the time the movie Valley Girl came out! If you're into 80s retro, you should try and snag a bottle of this off ebay. It's good for memorabilia if nothing else.

MsGeekChic
MsGeekChic

Tried Ralph Lauren's Midnight Romance today and it brought back memories of Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth. I just had to see if there was a review of the scent of the 80's. Sweet, sugary, frosted flakes...you get my drift.

FloridaMom
FloridaMom

I loved this in the 80's and early 90's! Everyone had it and everyone oversprayed it, so school was a big haze of electric youth in those days. It was so pretty, but LOUD! The notes are all amped up to the max, I am surprised a scent marketed towards young women would be such a loud sillage bomb, but in those times everything was go big or go home.
I might see if I can get some off of ebay for pure nostalgias sake.

HyacinthBucket
HyacinthBucket

Oh my, I'd forgotten this one! This was the precursor to all the sugar-sweet-fruit-candy Brittney and Mariah type fragrances. This was super cheap and SWEET. Oh and the juice was neon pink! So tacky and yet every time I walked past the tester I couldn't help but grab a quick spritz of fruit candy. End of confession.

This has got to be the sweetest scent to come out of the 80’s. Oh my gosh, it’s sweet. Electric Youth smells like powdered fruit candy, fizzy fruit soda, and everything else artificially fruity and sweet, all on an ambery base with a hint of wood. Wow. There is a bit of odd plasticky note when you first spray it, but it fades away, and I like the drydown. It remains sweet throughout wear, and the amber is noticeable. I wear this as a guilty pleasure, when I am in the mood for something very sweet and kitschy retro.

joan100
joan100

The late 1980s began to launch the first fruity-gourmand fragrances on the market for the youth. A huge change from the heavy floral/spicy/aromatic scents that dominated the early 1980s and before that. Then came along the ever so popular Angel!

AdrianB
AdrianB

This was my signature scent for 2 years (until I discovered Guess). Loved it and always got compliments. It reminds me of being 17 again. I may have to order some online to see if it still holds up. If it doesn't....we'll always have 1989.

cwolf
cwolf

One tiny little sneaky spray last night before bed and I can now smell it quite strongly at 9am in the morning. This is the strongest, synthetic sweet fruity-floral I have ever come across. I actually have never had anything that lasted this long on my skin aside from Angel.

I didn't really appreciate this one when I first bought it, I thought it was quite generic bubblegum perfume that smelt faintly of cardboard and plastic.
Now, I have to say I'm quite impressed by it, its strength, longevity, and sillage. I think its just a really well executed sweet gourmand for teenage girls or people who want to smell of candy from time to time. Less than $15 on fragrancex - very good value as compared with EDC's of today or any of Revlon's modern perfumes for that matter.

glanecia
glanecia

This was the first perfume I owned (not the first I tried on - because I was always getting into my mom's perfumes). I loved this perfume, and almost used up the entire bottle - and then I stopped using it, because I didn't want it to be gone forever. I still have it, and I tried it on the other day. Even though the color has changed from pink to gold, it still smells really nice! (Which is pretty amazing, because I have other perfumes that aren't as old as Electric Youth, and they smell terrible after a few years of no use.) EY is like a cross between Britney's Fantasy and Curious. If I came across another bottle, I'd buy it, because chances are it will still smell really nice.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Oh man! I can still smell memory whiffs of this then I see the bottle! This was the Britney Spears Fantasy of its time!

Neurotica
Neurotica

Really not sure what prompted me to look this up! I remember my older sister (and I suppose most every other girl in school back in the day) owned this one. It was a "starter fragrance" for so many, as such perhaps a bit oversprayed, and I personally never cared for it because it smelled nauseatingly sweet to me. Walking into the ladies room at my junior high was somewhat like being beaten about the face by a bag of stale watermelon jolly ranchers.

fawnmarie
fawnmarie

"Out of the Blue, Dreams Come True!" Oh, how I loved Debbie Gibson, her peppy songs, and this fragrance! She was one of the first teen idols to have her own perfume, and the scent so perfectly matched her upbeat music with romantic, I-have-a-crush-on-you lyrics! I remember it was a fruity fragrance that left a sweet trail. And as a previous reviewer stated, it was everywhere! Tremendously popular until it was eclipsed by Exclamation! and Tribe a few years later.

magickmaven
magickmaven

Man, even as a teen, I found this candy bomb way too sweet. I was more of a Tiffany fan anyway when it came to pop music and more rock and roll than anything.

lmlovespapa
lmlovespapa

fragrancex.com sells this fragrance for $12.00 for a 50ml bottle, and if you use the coupon code free you receive free shipping...no minimum purchase required.

Belledandy
Belledandy

I typed this into the search field on a whim and I was floored to see it listed! If lavender, baby powder and "Tinkerbell" was the scent of childhood, then this takes me back to middle school: side tied t-shirts, slap bracelets and watching Mayim Bailik as Blossom and Saved By the Bell on tv.

I think it got it as a Christmas present one year, but I know I wasn't alone. You could smell it in the halls and see it tucked into our low-slung Jansport bookbags. My brother used to steal this and use it as cologne (Which just goes to show, wear what you like the scent of.)

And when you're thirteen, what's not to love about a hot pink squiggle in your perfume bottle?

thefemalemantis
thefemalemantis

horrible! one of less than 10 perfumes (I've sold fragrances and been around/worn/tested countless varieties) that cause a MAJOR headache. got it for Christmas a million years ago.. because I loved the bottle and Debbie Gibson. lol never could wear the stuff. tried a few times.. and .. ugh. soo heavy.

QueenWonderful
QueenWonderful

My childhood favorite. Although I have a new full size bottle now, it smells different and old when first sprayed, but the dry down smells exactly like I remember it. A great fragrance!

lspreack
lspreack

Memories! Candy fun and silly teen girls and Tiffany. My first ever perfumes. This is where my Mom taught me to be light handed with perfume. I bet I saturated myself with this. I do remember it being sickly sweet and gave me headaches, but I was so sophisticated I continued to wear it.

paganpurge
paganpurge

In remember smelling this in a Teen magazine waaaaaaay back when I was a youngster. My cousin and I LOVED Debbie Gibson(actually she was the bigger Debbie fan...I was pretty loyal to my Tiffany) and we reaaaaalllly wanted this perfume. I remember thinking the bottle and the pink spring was the coolest thing ever, but being in middle school, we had no means to aquire it. Begging and pleading with our moms got us no where. Eventually we grew up and Electric Youth slowly tumbled from our HUGE stack of "wanted things" and eventually fell off completely...until now.

I want Electric Youth for my inner child's sake.

nadiagauto
nadiagauto

I just love internet! i had totally forgotten about this perfume! Until i was remebering debbie gibbson and loved her song Electric youth, then i remembered her perfume, which i totally loved too! I googled it, and there it was! I´m thinking on buying it online! What memories!

seham.sa
seham.sa

This was my signature smell years ago and now I find myself comparing perfumes to this one hoping that one day I would find my long lost scent

acavicchi
acavicchi

I LOVED this in elementary school! I was given a small bottle for my birthday in grade 6 and I thought it was wonderful (my parents probably didn't agree- which may be why my mom taught me the "spray it once and walk through it" application method!).
I remember it smelling sweet (I always thought of strawberries) and lightly musky and woodsy. I'd be really interested in smelling it again today for old times sake but have no idea where I'd find it.

sharyssa
sharyssa

oooooh wooooow! electric youth I do rememeber this was all the rave in middle school I wouldn't mind owning a bottle but if it isn't still made im afraid that if I buy a bottle that ive seen online it will be very old?

cleopatrasboudoir
cleopatrasboudoir

This is 6th grade in a bottle for me. My friend Jessica had this perfume and we wore the heck out of it. I totally loved the bottle, I thought that neon pink spring was awesome :)

rakastan
rakastan

Not a review as much as a comment. This perfume turned me off of fragrance for years. A girl in 5th grade got a bottle for Christmas, and she sprayed it generously every hour or so. The smell was so sickening that I thought I hated perfume. It took me ages to realize a light hand makes a difference, and not everything is as overpoweringly disgusting as Electric Youth. No desire to smell it again, but I'll never forgot that awful bottle with the pink spring.

Guest_sweetgirl
Guest_sweetgirl

I use to have this in jr high school and I swear when I smelled "someday" by justin b it was like he copied Debbie Gibson , so his scent is not a new smell and teens think its new , I hate his scent it stinks and it's cheap , like this was ! Lmao!

TrailerTrashPrincess
TrailerTrashPrincess

i love wearing this every so often because it's still fantastic. it's 1989 in a bottle, neon pink plastic spring and all. i loved it then, and i still like it.

picked up another bottle on a whim - no idea how it was stored for the last however many years - the liquid in this one is more orangey-gold than pink. the first spray (from this specific bottle) smells a little off, maybe a little like an old empty Avon bottle or some kind of powdery wrongness.
but give it five minutes, and once it settles in, it smells the way it is supposed to - which is pretty amazing, really.

so i guess what i'm saying, is don't be afraid of the older bottles. if it is cheap enough, give it a try!

Nernanator
Nernanator

This is the perfume that started my obsession many many years ago! A few years ago, I bought a couple bottles online and it smells the same as it did back in the day! Memories!

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

I was wearing fancy by jessica simpson last night with my teacher during elementary days. when we took our picture together she asked what perfume I was wearing, i said fancy by js...she thought it was electric youth by debbie gibson because she said it smells like it! wow!

AgentSteph
AgentSteph

I typed Electric Youth into the search engine just for giggles. There was a season in seventh grade when every single girl in school had this. Too sweet for me, thinking back almost makes me gag, but a fun memory none-the-less.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

OMG! I remember this as a kid...never expected to see it on here!I did love it as a teen. Funny how I'm still attracted to some of the same notes.

guest_lindsay
guest_lindsay

i love electric youth! my aunt got this for me as a kid and i got a bottle online a year or so ago. its very musky-it doesnt really smell like a "teen" scent. i got it more for the nostalgia than the scent really but it is a nice, soft, woodsy romantic type of scent. plus, the bottle is really cool!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Revlon Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Revlon Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson by Revlon. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Electric Youth by Debbie Gibson by Revlon represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.