Designers » R S » Chypre Floral « Groups

Alameda Robert Piguet for women and men

Alameda Robert Piguet for women and men
dislike

“Experience the regal beauty of Alameda de Robert Piguet. The olfactive vision is an inspiration from the Alhambra in Granada, Spain. Alameda de Robert Piguet eau de parfum captures the scents of the park surrounding the Alhambra, which are filled with wild flowers and roses that were planted by the Moors. Finished with a touch of amber, the scent is a fragrance made for a Sultan. It is extravagant and rich, like a fragrant crown adorned with a delicate note of citrus, the jewels of fine flowers and the warmth of stunning accents like candied patchouli and creamy amber” — press release of the brand. Alameda was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Aurelien Guichard.

Bergamot Lily

Rose Orris

Patchouli Amber Castoreum

Eden
Femme Individuelle

Alameda Fragrance Reviews

jt, too
jt, too

I always thought Alameda was one of the more interesting looking of the newer Piguet fragrances. I considered adding it to my collection for a long time, and I finally acquired a bottle of it recently. My instinct was one-hundred percent correct. This is a beautiful fragrance, and its performance is quite good. Despite it being labelled as a floral chypre, I maintain Alameda is an outstanding floriental.

Although I have only worn it twice thus far, I feel very comfortable in reviewing it. I detect the most deliciously warm amber in Alameda. As Angelica observed, it has a "golden" quality about it. The patchouli beautifully and perfectly compliments the warm amber. Peeking out from behind this warm, golden amber are a beautiful, deep, lush rose and a sweetly, intoxicating lily. The combination of these notes is nothing short of spectacular. These are the notes that stand out for me in this fragrance.

Alameda's projection and sillage are moderate. Longevity is quite good. Each time I have worn it I applied it late in the evening after I bathed, and I could still detect it on my skin, albeit faintly, ten hours later.

Alameda smells warm, rich, golden, and silky. It smells expensive, elegant, and sexy. It is the sort of fragrance I would imagine a sultry, sophisticated brunette might wear. I think the right man could wear Alameda as easily as a woman, and although it could be worn year round, I think it will shine best in cool to cold weather because of its warm aura. I am smitten with Alameda!

Fragrance: 9/10

Projection: 8/10

Sillage: 8/10

Longevity: 8.5/10

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

Thanks MSTD for the chance to try this lovely fragrance. I love patch and this is a very nice take on it. The rose, amber and woods are not in your face and so it's a really well blended perfume. Maybe not fbw for me, but nevertheless I enjoy wearing it. Lasting power and silage are right up there.

Angelica 000
Angelica 000

Lily, Amber & Patchouli...can it get any better? It can, & does, spicy , rosey, incensey, another complex & beautiful Piguet. A little sweetness, offset by a deep 'golden-ness' (lost for a description) Rich & warm & just right.

Dominic80
Dominic80

Classic, not divine as other Piguet's but still a great potent flowery chypre. And i feel refreshed by it, bring up memories.

kfleumer
kfleumer

Very feminine. No pencil skirt perfume though! Thinking it belongs to the chypre family might set you off on the wrong foot. It's as oriental as a 70's YSL maxi dress. Verging towards fruitchouli during initial stages although no fruit is listed. Alameda gets better in the dry down, warm and billowy, with the imagined fruits gone. Too sweet for me still. If you like sweet heavy hitters, it's good company for a night out. It'll be around far into the next day.

Wore this one last night and it's a solid outing from Robert Piguet.
The opening is turbulent and floral to me, no idea what I'm smelling here maybe the lilly/rose/orris?
Whatever it is, it immediately airs on the feminine side for me...I made the mistake of buying Visa on a whim and regretted it having to give it to my partner.
That's not to say Alameda isn't unisex because all the while there's a sense of dense base notes surrounding the florals. This density and sticky, balmy, sweetness is coming from a (getting ever stronger) amber accord, which is slightly dry and dusty. When coupled with the patchouli comes off dirty yet creamy and makes for an enjoyable scent.
Not my bag this one though, something too grown up and feminine for my tastes, strange really because it's basically just a very good oriental amber fragrance of which I have plenty. Just something about tipping it over into the realms of the unwearable.
Silage and Longevity were average.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Unisex strong patchouli, heavy duty perfume. Vanilla and powdery notes at drydown. Very similar to Angel and also reminds me Molinard Patchouli incense.

Belin
Belin

Wearing it today, but so much sweeter then I had expected. Bergamot? I don't smell it on my skin. Candied Patchouli; yes indeed!

Ladyjazz33
Ladyjazz33

I love robert piguet perfumes, and my favourite by far is bandit, I have tried alameda and I find it very similar to visa, I think alameda projects better than visa, as I find visa disappears quite quickly and for me it's hard to pick out specific smells with visa, where as alameda appears to have more specific sweet floral notes.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

I have a tiny little .75ml sample of this, and have been wearing it a lot over the past couple of days. I am finding this to be a very interesting fragrance and wish I had a larger sample to test it better - less than a ml in a tiny dab bottle I worry I am missing some notes or not getting a full "dose" to really explore this. However that is all I have to go from, and the only place I can find selling a full bottle it costs over £100, so the sample will do!

So I have worn it a few times now and been fascinated by it. I didn't know the notes before I tried it, and would have guessed at lily, castoreum, iris, bergamot and rose - so I wasnt' far off! The lily in this is thick and sweet, almost but not quite over ripe, this effect being enhanced and played upon by the bergamot and castoreum (which on me either goes full on nether-regions or almost sickly sweet), so this produces a really sweet ripe effect - not candy sweet, sugar sweet, not at all, but I can't think of another way to describe it. The orris and rose is probably what made me think rose-iris, and adds a really nice playful lightness. the rose is light, as is the patch, and I didn't really get a lot of amber at all. I also thought I might have smelled a little almond or heliotrope but they are not listed notes, however the dry down was /almost/ slightly gourmand with a sweet ripe almond type hint to it.

I find that even from the tiniest of dabs this has really good longevity, lasting about 8 hours and has good sillage even from dabs. It doesn't smell like anything else I have tried so I would love to get my hands on a 5ml decant to get to know it better!

spidola
spidola

By SA's comments we should imagine oriental exotic garden... and exotic is really the right word to describe this perfume. It's unusual, different, strange... but extremly sensual and seductive.
It has candied patchouli in his heart....I noticed tiny similarities with Eden Cacharel and Angel TM and then I remembered that both of them have sweetened patchouli as the main note. Angel has Patchuli and chocolate, Eden has patchouli with mimosa. Alameda is more softer, dustier - sweet patchouli with iris and rose. And you can't miss it's wonderful animalic base where castoreum evolves step by step like some sly feline pretending to be noticed.
I love this perfume!♡

Madge101
Madge101

I agree with the similarities to visa mentioned below. Its also not too dissimilar to knightsbridge. All beautiful but you probably dont need all three in your collection, even though I have!!
After wearing for a few weeks now I have to say as nice as the scent is its lasting power is not quite as good as others from the RP line

Magic Ketchup
Magic Ketchup

Alameda is a Selfridges-exclusive (in UK) fragrance. I really wanted to smell it and luckily I found a used bottle on eBay whose seller didn't mind shipping it to North America.

First impression: Hey, this is Visa from Robert Piguet. Did they give it a different name in UK because the name Visa might not sell? Then I smelled my own bottle of Visa and realized that they were two different perfumes, but very similar to each other.

I did a little research and found out that Alameda was developed by perfumer Aurelien Guichard, who pretty much developed most of the fragrances for the modern Robert Piguet brand. In this case, Alameda, in my opinion, is a dirtier, instead of fruity, a floral version of Visa. By itself, it's a nice perfume, but if you have already owned Visa, there is no compelling reason to get Alameda.

Elen70
Elen70

I am very brave and I have used this scent on my neck at first. It is a wonderful perfume, but now I am a bit surprised because i didn't check the ingredients before application. So, i felt a very strong cinnamon together with the amber and a hint of patchouli :)
I like this perfume. Good sillage, perfect longevity (about 12-13 hours) and fantastic oriental scent for autumn and winter.

puddley
puddley

I can't really review this yet as I don't have a sample, BUT, it's a beauty. I smelt it in Selfridges this weekend and it moved me enormously. A great big buxom amber with some intense, dark facets and a slightly chewy gourmand edge. Magnificent! I will ensure that next time I give it ample wrist space and a more accurate review.
PS. The description says it's a floral chypre, I would say that despite the bergamot/patchouli note, it's an oriental.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Robert Piguet Alameda fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Robert Piguet Alameda, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Alameda by Robert Piguet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Alameda by Robert Piguet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.