Designers » R S » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Bois Noir Robert Piguet for women and men

Bois Noir Robert Piguet for women and men
dislike

Bois Noir Robert Piguet for women and men Pictures Bois Noir Robert Piguet for women and men Pictures

“This avant-garde elixir combines warm woods with rich balsam. The blend opens with facets of gaiac and cedar woods. Heart notes include warm sandalwood and patchouli. The drydown features the richness of balsam” — press release of the brand. Bois Noir was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Aurelien Guichard.

Guaiac Wood Cedar

Sandalwood Patchouli

Musk Labdanum resins

Intimate

Bois Noir Fragrance Reviews

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

Bois noir is like a magic potion for me , i tried it , i didnt know how much i will fall in love with it until it dried down . It sould me Bois Magic or Magie de bois , since it is one of the best wood presentation in a bottle . it is woody yet i find it fresh and mood lifter .

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

the opening of this is super woody and leans traditionally masculine. there's some smokiness to this as well. once the initial blast of woods calms down i get patchouli and sandalwood in the mix, and maybe some labdanum, but overall this is still a strong woody scent overall. a bit too strong for my tastes, but it is a nice scent and i can see it working well on others, just not for me.

girasolina
girasolina

One million as this, a few thousand even better. My dear friend, passes next to the shelf, you know what you leave but you do not know what you find !! This brand, thanks to the success of the old Fracas, today disappoints. Bois noir was necessary just to put something new on the table of exhibitions!

massimilianoinquieto
massimilianoinquieto

La profumiera me lo ha spruzzato su un braccio e sulla camicia,un odore chimico orrendo,puzza di legna bruciata,tossico,terribile.
Non vedevo l'ora di lavarmi,ho fatto la doccia ma era ancora piu forte,le macromolecole chimiche sono tremende!
Mi sono cosparso il braccio di succo di limone e allora l'odore si è un po affievolito.
Si può usare contro i ladri e gli aggressori, è un repellente di notevole effetto.
Come si fa a descrivere un odore di bruciato che non dice niente?

lyoffka
lyoffka

I've got poor both longevity and sillage.
For the first 2 hours everything is ok, but after that it subsides and becomes skin scent. As it's fairly new fragrance there couldnt be any reformulation. Who of the owners does have the same problem? Maybe it have to be settled for several months or so...

Vahagn
Vahagn

Gloomy, dry and discreet scent, however "gloominess" is typical of many perfumes of this brand. After several tests I came with surprise to the conclusion that on my skin smell this Bois Noir mostly opens like smell of pencil and graphite ))) I briefly felt a surge of musk. But since then, when the smell of pencil just subsides, appears delicate flavor of guaiac wood. I'm having such associations - gloomy weather, guy about 50 years old, prim office worker in a black cloak ...)))

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

It is very nice. It is also very similar to Cuirs by Carner Barcelona, Private Label by Jovoy Paris and a milder version of Black Afgano by Nasomatto. And considering from my relatively limited ventures and exploration of different perfumes, niche ranges, samples etc that I can already off the top of my head name 3 other scents that smell similar it certainly doesn't feel original.

I don't know which came first, or which others smell similar, but for me I would be happy with any 1 of those 4 scents in my wardrobe but don't feel any need to have them all as they are so similar to me. I guess it would depend on what order you came to these scents, if this was the first I had smelled of its kind I would be deep in love and pricing it up right now, not writing this.

That said for all its likeness to other scents this is a very lovely scent and one I love, but I do feel that it comes in at least 4 different bottles! So, I do love this smell and I do want it, so I guess it will come down to price, longevity and sillage.

Basically a really lovely, wearable and relaxing scent, I am female and don't feel at all uncomfortable with any of these kind of scents so unisex for sure. Well worth a try if you like this kind of thing, but if you have any of the others you probably don't need this.

Madge101
Madge101

I like this one a lot. Its the cousin of 'Casbah' and it wasnt untilnthe drydown that I accepted that it actually was a different fragrance.

Eneli
Eneli

Well hello nausea and headache! It's not a bad perfume but it's way to agressive and masculine for my taste. It smells like a window-cleaner on me.

Great review from chromatic...says it all really!
I tried it and I have to say I really loved it but it's very similar to other fragrances I like, super woody and full of incense...and unfortunately not very original in its approach.
But who cares? It smells wonderful!
I will buy this fragrance because it's so wearable has great sillage and longevity, also it's not a well known brand and is something different for the collector, quite reasonably priced too for a high quality fragrance.
Smells great this one people.

Update: Ha! well I never!
Didn't really look at the notes in this one and there's no incense to be found.

Chromatic
Chromatic

After a rather extensive testing that ranged from near-rejection to admiration, I am finally at a place where I can safely put this new Piguet masculine in my fragrance wardrobe.

Bois Noir opens sharp, and originally too sharp for my liking. This sharpness fairly screams "men's scent" to me and is one of the reasons I've never looked much beyond Egoiste. I've since learned to overlook this opening codification as a men's scent and have moved to the core of the scent, which is dry and woody with a bit of ambery sweetness in the mix.

Bois Noir appeals to me because it lacks powderiness or any sort of fluffy texture that might lead legions of fragrance writers to that terribly overworked "cashmere wrap" term. Bois Noir is staccato in its guaiac and cedar notes, which strike a sharp edge against a smoky labdanum-incense and resinous base. Over time the edges smooth out and become less overtly masculine, although the fragrance never strikes me as feminine.

This scent is all about the "bois" and not about "noir." It has depth but no mystery to it, no surprise notes, no challenging accords. It's very much middle of the road, but that's its appeal (for me). This lack of remoteness or artsy qualities won't please those seeking the far reaches of perfumery, but the wearability of Bois Noir is why I find myself reaching for it often. It is a perfect respite from fragrances coded strictly for females.

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

I received my Robert Piguet samples in the mail today, where to begin! I sprayed on Bois Noir and it was very intense in a way I've only know Agent Provocateur to be. It initially reminded me of AP and according to the scent card, it is the guaiac wood that gives it a "smokey rose twist". Amber is the specific resin listed and I smell quite a bit of it. The scent comes together like original AP met Balmain Ambre Gris in a bar and they had a one night stand that created Bois Noir.Dry down is a soft spice, a little rose, and a sprinkling of amber and musk. It's a Noir for the daylight hours, long lasting but with a soft-moderate sillage. I would say it leans feminine, but is unisex.

Edit: I wanted to add, that now trying this in the fall much more of the cedar notes are coming through. Like cedar planks on a smoking grill. There is still the sharp resinous notes and faint floral, but definitely woody. As a woman I like it, but it is rather masculine, with a sharpness generally reserved for cologne.

Dark woody stuff turning during the drydown into a woody-incensey thing vaguely reminescent of some of the Duchaufour's works. That's it. If you like sharp (yet not overpowering) woody frags, go ahead. Smells ok but reminds me of 55 thousands other compositions available of the market. Sort of Montale-ish type of woods + some incense.

lisajobarr
lisajobarr

I relate this smell to falling into a deep slumber while being surrounded by a comforting warmth of sensuous amber. It last a long long time--it clings to you like a blanket of stars.

Francop
Francop

A very well composed masculine scent by a french perfumer written all over; the start is already woody and dry, the heart arrives after 30 minutes or so and remains woody dry, not sweet or powdery for ages; the drydown is also divine, dry, masculine, strong, firm and very well executed.

Good ingredients and blending with good longevity; 1 spray kept me wrapped up while cycling in the park for 3 hours and carried on non-stop till it was time to shower and re-apply again.

Big thumbs up Mr Guichard!

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A warm woody opening with a smoky undertone. For a brief moment, a spicy black pepper note. Then from the woods I am led into a quiet church; beeswax and incense round out the smoky wood flavour. This stage of development last quite a while; the eventual dry-down retains a lightly sweet note, and the smoky wood is the underlying theme. A lovely woody fragrance that can easily be worn by either men or women.

Elen70
Elen70

@gypsy: Man/woman has clicked 'like' was the parfumeur :D Perhaps.

Just two things:

1) Bois Noir was the original name of Egoiste (before it was Egoiste) and then it was a CHANEL Exclsif

AND

2) Who on earth clicked LIKE when it is not even being launched until Exsense in Milan later this Spring?!?! *shakes head*

WANT is one thing, (I clicked want for this and Casbah already) but LIKE (to me anyway) means you have sniffed it and don't hate it but don't quite love it...but that is just me

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Robert Piguet Bois Noir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Robert Piguet Bois Noir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bois Noir by Robert Piguet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bois Noir by Robert Piguet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.