Designers » R S » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Chai Robert Piguet for women
dislike

beeswax
ozonic

The French perfume house Robert Piguet introduced the new collection intended for the Asian market—"The Pacific Collection de Robert Piguet." It consists of three fragrances inspired by symbolic plants of China—Blossom, Chai and Jeunesse.

"Chai de Robert Piguet opens up on a vivid accord of bergamot leaves and orange blossom. The caressing sweetness of white tea leaves unfolds under the sparkling top notes. A drizzle of honey adds sensual warmth to the composition, with the gentle smoke of yerbamate providing a beautiful, lasting finish." Chai is a good choice for those of you who love light, but sophisticated perfumes. Citruses, sparkling white floral notes and a reshreshing note of tea make for one very cheerful and very clean composition. Soapy light and fresh notes are gravitated to your skin by a warm touch of beeswax.

Available as 100 ml EDP. Chai was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Aurelien Guichard.

Bergamot Leaf

NickZee

Smells like a less sweet Elizabeth Arden Green Tea

Lalaith
Lalaith

This Chai works for me better than other tea fragrances... It doesn't have the super fresh synthenic green tea note, like Arden's green tea line. It has better sillage and longevity than Bvlgari Thé Vert and Thé Blanc. And it's a bit different. It's not that simple as L'Occitane tea creations (and also, with better longevity).
It's fresh and sweet scent, it recommends me a smell of "white earg grey tea" sugared with honey, but not to much. Honey is not overly sweet, I would even say, that it's not honey but a nectar from orange blossoms... It's not a dry fragrance like lot of green tea frags are. And not boring, tea note is treated differently than usually. But I'm still not sure if it's worth the price.

Mojtabaa
Mojtabaa

Chai(چای) is the persian word for tea.
Chai=Tea

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

It breaks my heart a little to give a Robert Piguet perfume a bad review. Early in my perfume days, Fracas and Bandit were both really important to me, and I still love them both and want to defend RP against all comers, out of gratitude.

But Chai is just awful. It opens with the sweet alcohol/nail polish remover smell I remember from 70's products, and it goes to hell from there. It's got a sweet busy-body rose to it, and it smells nothing like tea, let alone like the milky, spicey, rich scent of real Indian chai. It's just a nasty, leafy green, with a horrid geranium note.

The nicest thing I can say about Chai is that it's pretty short-lived. I need to go console myself with some Baghari, just to steady my nerves and reassure myself that all is not lost at present day Robert Piguet.

truffles
truffles

Don't smell honey or tea but whatever it is I smell, it's gorgeous! Almost green, almost 'neroli', but not. Pity it's so darn expensive.

Magic Ketchup
Magic Ketchup

I rarely defend for a perfume, but I think Chai is a lovely perfume. The middle notes are very strong and interesting, and the base notes are very smooth and pleasant. I would not consider it a tea-scented perfume though. More like a floral oriental.

I think people are comparing the new perfumes to the Robert Piguet classics (Fracas, Bandit, Visa, etc) and find them disappointing - that I can understand but I think that the new line is not bad at all.

The only problem, in my opinion, is that the new owner of Robert Piguet is putting all the eggs in the same basket, asking Aurelien Guichard to create/recreate their whole line. Besides Fracas and Bandit, almost all the perfumes have a similar undertone. (Kind of like your music library only consists of Enya albums.) Is it good or bad? Let's say, if you like Bond No. 9's Chinatown, I suggest you check out Chai.

Majesty
Majesty

I don't know if Chai in reality smells like this but Piguet's Chai smells like urine on my skin. I only smell black tea and mate. It's a light bitter green scent, I think that it smells like a cup of green tea that has gone bad. It has absolutely no lasting power, you should feel lucky if you have it on for 15 minutes or so. It would be ridiculous to mention the word "silage" for this perfume.. For that price range I prefer buying Bvlgari Eau The Vert.

rogson
rogson

Does not last!! I applied and within 15 minutes I could hardly smell anything. Actually, that was okay because I did not like the fragrance. Could smell the tea after the initial opening but not much, not much of any of the notes came through. When I ordered the sample, I expected a chai tea-like fragrance. This is nothing spicy like chai tea. Very bland.

Light, pleasant, nothing wrong with this delightful Piguet creation, refreshing concept to create scents that will be enjoyed by lovers of fresh , modern scents.
Not a fan of honey, so for me, this is not one I will have, although it is light enough that the honey note isn't too heady.
Still plenty of other great choices in that brand!!!

mjc17601
mjc17601

Very nice. A perfect fragrance to wear anytime and anywhere. A lovely warm smelling perfume.

kl99
kl99

And Now: Thanks to the best efforts of Guichard, to complete the fall of style of that poor Piguet, we have the eau de parfum version of a common honey-camomile shampoo. A clap!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Robert Piguet Chai fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Robert Piguet Chai, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Chai by Robert Piguet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Chai by Robert Piguet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.