Designers » R S » Woody Chypre « Groups

Cravache 2007 Robert Piguet for men

Cravache 2007 Robert Piguet for men
dislike

Cravache 2007 Robert Piguet for men Pictures

“An aromatic infusion of citrus and woods, Cravache embodies Robert Piguet’s sense of refined sophistication and sensitivity to quality. It blends tradition and modernity as mandarin, lemon and petit grain mingle with clary sage, lavender, nutmeg, patchouli and vetiver” — press release of the brand. Cravache 2007 was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Aurelien Guichard.

Mandarin Orange Petitgrain Lemon

Lavender Nutmeg Clary Sage

Patchouli Oakmoss Vetiver

Cravache 2007 Fragrance Reviews

johngreenink
johngreenink

This is a blind buy and absolutely worth it. Amazingly good scent. Has a lot of depth, greeness, enough lavender to be rich and fougère-like but not overpoweringly so. Spicy but balanced. Wonderfully rich and sensuous but not too dank or animalic. It's what a gentleman wears when he wants to be a bit more serious. Similar to some commenters here who say that it resembles Chanel's Pour Monsieur. In fact, this current version is much closer to what Pour Monsieur used to smell like back in the 90's. What a delight!

Iris_it
Iris_it

The vintage version of Cravache is a masterpiece : one of the most elegant masculine fragrances I ever smelled . It is such a caressing leather with a fabulous citrusy opening . It is a gentle perfume : stay away from it if you only like "hairy chest " fragrances . Also very suitable to ladies who love soft leather perfumes .

Ouch!
Ouch!

A blast of dry lavender and petitgrain at first.I find both notes similar. Petitgrain is much woodier though. As others have said, it feels like a classic cologne.

When it starts to dry, the sweet candyish mandarin rounds it out a bit and takes away the herbal dryness from the lavender. Still smells very masculine and cologney though. Not really my style but never mind.

There's a nice softness behind all of this which is making it less harsh. I don't really get any nutmeg either. It sticks to being more woody/herbal than anything.

Didn't blow me away.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a decant. It's a refreshing petitgrain lavender with hints of nutmeg, vetiver and oakmoss. Reminds me of Azzaro Pour Homme without the prominent oakmoss. It has below average projection and moderate longevity on my skin.

PAK
PAK

A woody chypre with a citrus burst at the top, a lavender, mint (although not listed...) and green herbs heart. Silage and projection are pretty good and on me has a longevity of over five hours. I haven't tried the vintage version but like this allot. Pleasant to wear and in no way offensive to those around you.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I love Lavender because it calms me. Cravache by Robert Piguet does exactly that, calms me. This fragrance is just elegant and not overpowering. It is great for the office. I will be wearing it very often.

Wow! perfect juice this one.
Exactly in the style of a classic french cologne from years gone by, Cravache delivers for me.
The only issue I have with this sort of fragrance is the price niche houses charge. For example I love Dior Cologne Royale but I couldn't justify the high price.
That doesn't apply to this one fortunately as it's a EDT and as such reasonably affordable for sheer quality.
Opens with juicy lemon and madarin orange then becomes herby but not overly mossy like Chanel pour monsieur to which it is similar. The clary sage, nutmeg and of course lavender are more prominent without over powering, Cravache is very well put together and blended.
Vetiver and herbs in the drydown on my skin but not very good longevity I have to say, I was a bit stingey with the application so next time I'll use more.
There's a definite hint of minty menthol in this fragrance just after applied as @LookOut mentioned...and I was surprised not to see it in the notes on my sample card or on here.
All in all a great fragrance it's calming and cerebral and a good day to day scent.

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

I agree with other reviewers that this does smell like a classic cologne, due to the strong presence of lavender. As a lady who loves lavender fragrances, I found that this smelled very similar to Caron l'Impact de Pour Un Homme, but with the addition of a few more herbs. A musky lavender with strong notes of petitgrain and a hint of nutmeg. I think it's a unisex, ode to herb garden, very refreshing and relaxing. On the hubby a little more musky, oakmoss and vetiver came through, but still soft and comforting.

LookOut
LookOut

Smells nice and fresh, but very mature. It's not something for young men to wear.

Even though it's not listed in the notes, I smell something like eucalyptus or mint in this fragrance. And a lot of vetiver. I can't really smell the lavender, and I can only detect the citrus if I really look for it.

Kind of reminds me of a type of candy my parents used to buy, black licorice with a minty layer.

aliks
aliks

Classic and sophisticated. Very old school at first,but it is actually timeless and upper class in my opinion. Best for mature men and rather not for younger men which would make them smell like a father.

The base notes are rather musky and metallic which gives this perfume its old school feeling. Very masculine and elegant.

I like the bottle too and would put this on my list for next buys.

Mercurial Muzz
Mercurial Muzz

The top of Cravache smells very similar to Eau Sauvage, which is a good thing because Eau Sauvage is a great, classic cologne. However, during the middle notes, Cravache develops a warmth and heavier feel. By the time the dry down comes through, what is left is an ok scent, but it is quite powdery. I am not a fan of powdery male colognes, but no doubt there are plenty of guys who are. This is presented in a simple and elegant bottle, and I see this as a scent to wear with a suit to an executive-type job, or in the evening to a formal occasion.

MarkT
MarkT

A classic men's cologne. So this review is purely to provide some contrasts with the other classics. I would say it is most similar to Dior's Eau Sauvage, however the opening citrus is sweeter and less sharp due to the presence of the mandarin, the note structure is also tidier in the manner of the more straightforward Pour Monsieur. However there is none of the creamy citrus from Pour Monsieur nor is it a pure spicy after dry down. However, like Pour Monsieur the sweetness carries into the dry down (I believe the lavender note is the sweeter than that found in most other colognes, contra Pour Monsieur where the sweetness is an aspect of the spice.) The sage, patchouli and vetiver in the dry down give it an earth green (very slightly) skanky quality that is on the strong end of the range found in colognes of this type, reminiscent of YSl Pour Homme but not as extreme. Finally it has the best oak moss of any non-vintage colognes in its category, not sure how Piguet managed to stretch the IRFA allowances but the only thing I have that compares is my vintage Eau Sauvage.
Overall, I enjoy a number of scents in this category and do not find them homogenous. I like Pour Monsieur for its simplicity, I like Pour Homme for its agressive quality, Eau Sauvage for its more complex scent- particularly the orris and floral elements. However Cravache stands as at least the equal of these others, and is probably the best at conveying an air of relaxed assertiveness. It reminds folks at the office that I'm the boss, but a nice boss.

9-na
9-na

A present. One of my watery scents. The seashore in it is artificial, simple, straightforward, like 007 films that are supposed to make a housewife happy, but have no true love... or real secret agents in it.

JohanOfSweden
JohanOfSweden

This is man embodied in a fragrance. I respect Robert Piguet for making very genre specific scents that captures the essence of men and women so elegantly.

Cravache is a deep male fragrance that while having citrusy notes never allows itself to be toppled into sweetness and presents a rich powerful body almost bordering the licorice aspects of absinthe.

A powerful fragrance for men desiring to make impact.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I just got a big vintage stash of the original Cravache with notes mostly intact. It really reminds me of the old Gucci Pour Homme, with a cleaner leather note. Gucci had sort of plasticky vibe to me, but this is nice and crisp and spicy. Very nice. I have no idea what the reformulation smells like, but this I like. The longevity isn't the greatest, but it is reasonable at 4-6 hours. Why they came out with it again in 2007 with a totally changed formulation leads me to believe that they thought they could make money off of rereleasing the whole line. I'm not sure how they faired in that venture, but the fragrances I can only imagine are a shadow of their former selves with all the new regulations and such.

Robert Piguet CRAVACHE definitely participates in the Platonic Form of Men's Cologne. It's all here: citrus, lavender, nutmeg, vetiver, herbs (sage), petit grain. Smells great, actually. Very natural, and recommendable.

Many men's colognes smell too synthetic or aquatic (which is just to say: synthetic!) for me. CRAVACHE manages to smell like a men's cologne but without that otherworldly urban chemical soup vibe. I like it. Guys: please wear this one, not those.

marioslg3
marioslg3

a typical male perfume, citrucy with a lot of lavender. the strong citrus fades away after 10 minutes and then the lavender dominates the game. It reminds me Zino by Davidoff. Zino is not so citrucy and due to the vanilla, is sweeter. I can't imagine someone below 30s to wear this perfume as the smell is somehow old fashioned and strictly masculine. Lovers or lavender will be thrilled....and finally, the story end with the vetiver...traditional vetiver with some citrus and lavender...

This is a nice scent that in its original version used to be GREAT. This reformulation will appeal to everybody into Eau De Cologne kind of things. There's plenty of fragrances like this out there. Better and cheaper, or if you prefer better and expensier. You choose. So bad I havent put my hands on the original version.

Rating: 6.5/10 (current formulation)

gatsby
gatsby

this is the original smell... Chanel is just a poor copy, even the bottle was copyied...

guest_Poppinj
guest_Poppinj

Originally launched in the early 1960's and reformulated in 2008. The original was an earthy leather typical of the period. The new juice is very similar to Pour Monsieur and Eau Sauvage. Fresh citrus with a nice moss dry-down.
Staying power is between 6-8 hours and is a good business scent. I ordered directly from Robert Piguet and they provided samples of other Piguet offerings.

fqjcior
fqjcior

Ticalau is right. Cravache is very similar to CHANEL but...ABSOLUTELY NOT ANTAEUS! It smells like POUR MONISIEUR. It's almost the same mixture but more expensive. Besides the Cravache you can buy now is a new one - reformulated and modernized and is fairly far form the 1964 formula. Anyway - great and classy scent!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Robert Piguet Cravache 2007 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Robert Piguet Cravache 2007, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cravache 2007 by Robert Piguet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cravache 2007 by Robert Piguet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.