Designers » R S » Floral « Groups

Douglas Hannant Robert Piguet for women
dislike

tuberose
Douglas Hannant Robert Piguet for women Pictures

Douglas Hannant by Robert Piguet is a Floral fragrance for women. Douglas Hannant was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Aurelien Guichard. Top notes are african orange flower, gardenia and pear; middle note is tuberose; base notes are musk, jasmine and sandalwood.

African Orange flower Gardenia Pear

Michael

Douglas Hannant Fragrance Reviews

hnica
hnica

Robert Piguet fragrances exude quality and glamour, and Douglas Hannant doesn't disappoint. This is a very pretty white floral, modern, a little exotic, high quality. It's not trying hard, and for me its unpretentiousness makes it a five star perfume. It's more of an evening perfume, than a daytime one. Quite creamy and sweet, but not in a suffocating way at all, think along the lines of Michael Kors Michael. I can imagine it on a woman, who is confident and laid-back, but always has a touch of glamour.

gtabasso
gtabasso

Wow, this is just lovely. An incredibly sweet white floral with gardenia and tuberose forward and some jasmine and orange blossom. It really projects on first application but quickly tones down. The musk and sandalwood are not obvious but they tame the sweet beast.

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

Whilst Douglas Hannant is a lovely white floral fragrance, I'm not sure if it is one of Piguet's best. During the beginning, the pears are the most dominant note on my skin. The pear in this reminds me somewhat of J'adore by Dior - shampoo-like and sweet. It’s pretty, but because this phase lasts for many hours, I start to tire of it after some time.

Once this finally settles, the white florals emerge, softly fragrant and rather hard to unscramble. The sillage is close to my skin during this phase. I think there is tuberose, but the smell is rather vague and only suggestive of some sort of white floral. I would like this a lot more if it didn't remind me so much of shampoo. Shampoo is what I want sometimes, but when every second perfume seems to smell like shampoo, it starts to get a little tedious. Come on, perfumers, thrill me with something a bit different!! ;)

Moderate projection on my skin, and the longevity is very good, about 9-10 hours :)

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

I opened the bottle and instantly got the jasmine basenote. Jasmine in a base..how fun. Spraying it on immediately got a green pear slightly tart with the beautiful gardenia and orange blossom. A sweet pick me up in the dead of winter, but not heavy in its delivery like say Michelle, Fracas, Jungle Gardenia, or even Carnal Flower. Its the goldilocks of this white flower genre..just right but it does have presence. This does not go light, transparent or watery. (thank god)

The pear counterbalances the orange flower and the gardenia shines. The tuberose behaves but does her part. Sandalwood, musk, and jasmine leaves the final trail of white floral. If there is one modern, sleek white floral perfume that can go from day to night, all season, natural in presentation true to their core without a lot of help from vanilla, sugars, patchouli or wierd strange notes..just them shining in their glory..this is it. Now I have to get the extrait. Simple but high impact with this one. Marvelous.

Well, if Fracas is the monster, DH is the beauty! Light, fresh, airy but yet intensive. The Tuberose, Gardenia, Pear And musk-mix is great and a bit sweet. If Fracas is a hot summerday with heat and burning sun, DH is the first day in springtime where the sun melts away the snow and makes you want to turn your face towards the sun and just breath. They are both beautiful - in 2 different ways.

Okey, om Fracas är monstret så är DH den lilla ängeln. Lätt, fräsch och luftig men ändå intensiv. Tuberose, Gardenia, Päron och Musk-mixen gör den även lite söt. Om Fracas är en het sommardag med brännande sol, så är DH den första vårdagen där solen smälter bort den sista snön och du njuter av att vända ansiktet mot solen. De är båda ljuvliga dofter - på var sitt sätt.

AlisonD
AlisonD

I am disappointed.
I bought this as a blind buy as a result of the list of ingredients
all of which I thought I liked.
However I don't like this perfume.
There is something in the mix that spoils it for me. It reminds me a little of what I don't like about Red Door.
I will probably give it away- unfortunately.

A.M.H.2
A.M.H.2

@M.Carolina I totally agree! This is a good choice for spring time.

Antares811
Antares811

Wow! I'm in love. Gorgeous tuberose scent, elegant and feminine, similar to Fracas but a bit less complex and powerful.
If you think Fracas is too strong for you, this is perfect.
Amazing, alluring, very sophisticated.
My new love.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I tried this once, fell in love with the tuberose and immediately purchased a full sized bottle.

Depending on how I'm feeling, my nose is more or less receptive to the sweet pear in the opening. I'm not overly fond of pear as a note, finding it nauseating in large quantities. But the payoff is a scent as ethereal as a gauzy summer morning in the south. It's femininity in a bottle. I only break this out when I'm feeling classic, or some oxymoronic combination of girlish and womanly.

This is the only white floral I have or need. Not screechy or abrasive but subtle and soft. There's a slight sweetness due to the pear initially, but it settles down into a fresh, clean experience. It gets a tad soapy during the orange blossom phase but the tuberose drydown it to die for. It's like I've died and gone to Old Hollywood.

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

Douglas Hannant is a perfect choice to wear as an everyday, office version of Fracas. It is crisper and not full-blown as is Fracas or Petit, but is all the same a great choice for the person that loves tuberose. It projects as does all of Piguet's scents on me do, so it needs a light hand.

Piguet always makes it impossible for me to stop huffing my wrists! I am a big fan of white florals, and I think they hit a home run in Douglas Hannant. It's funny, I wanted another Piguet Tuberose in my collection for my exaulted commitment to the brand.

All of the Robert Piguet fragrances I have tried so far seem to combine and project very well with my chemistry. Overall, my cool, dry skin can tend to make me favor heavy duty scents

M.Carolina
M.Carolina

I wouldn't call a cheap soapy version of Fracas(which remains a masterpiece). It is a nice, modern white floral scent, perfect for the beginning of spring. Just like someone else said: it's fracas' little sister.

LynCooper
LynCooper

It s very lovely. I like it. It s clean, it s fresh, it s good use this, when I m on stage. It gives me a kind of confidence. The combinations of aromas in this fragrance is just perfect.

TeresaParker
TeresaParker

This is a floral explosion. Drys down to a lovely dusky rose. Lasts a long time. I could still smell it on my shirt the next day. Splendid floral

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This is definitely the little sister of fracas . She is bright and chipper and happy and Fracas just sits and rolls her eyes. 'Ok you can tag along' she says but don't get on my nerves. This smells very beach and sunny to me , without any coconut or suntan lotion. I think it would make an excellent summer choice! I am really liking this one! It has a touch of sophistication that makes it sparkle.

jenniewebb
jenniewebb

The orange flower and gardenia combination is a lovely opening to this scent. By the time the tuberose kicks in the orange flower is gone. I'm not sure how much gardenia I can smell at that point because the loudness of the tuberose competes with it big-time. Having said that, for a tuberose fragrance this one is a bit subdued. I get no fruit notes at all.

Douglas Hannant has medium longevity for me, and is a classy fragrance in spite of the indolic nature of the white flowers (which often translate to me as sexy rather than classy). I do this like this one a lot, it's more complex/blended and better than Fracas to my nose. Sillage on me is about a 1 metre radius of lush and cool big floral bubble.

Douglas Hannant is such strange name for a beautiful floral fragrance. It makes it sound unisex, which this fragrance is definitely NOT.

mutmiu
mutmiu

To my nose this is a clean gardenia fragrance with a light juicy twist, and a soapy-musky drydown, where the tuberose note adds some creaminess to it. Reminds me of Penhaligon's Ellenisia, but it's lighter, softer, less overpowering. Piguet's Douglas Hannant is a modern, delicate, tasteful white floral fragrance. Simply, but classy.

Edit: Unfortunately the lovely gardenia top note fades away quickly, and the generic soapiness is rather disturbing after a while. Not for me.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

I really like this. Its a day time pretty scent. Its clean and fresh. NOT SOAPY by any means, but clean.

It doesn't smell like Amouage Reflections Woman but for some reason or other reminds me of it in a more perplexed composition.

Would I buy it? sure one day.
From Piguet line its my second favorite. Fracas first and Douglas Hannant second.

Seems a lot of care went into this formulations creation.
Its a non offensive croud pleasing gardenia.Very refind. It must be the beauty of the pears, not quite sure of the break down. All I know is its a great parfum.

andreeasimona
andreeasimona

Cand mi-am comandat acest parfum a fost cu o strangere de inima pentru ca m-am ghidat dupa comentariile celorlati . Ideea e ca mai toate parfumurile asa mi le-am achizitionat si nu am dat gres ! Este un parfum deosebit , altceva decat am avut pana acum.

Spaztic
Spaztic

I blind bought this one, just like I blind bought Fracas. I figured if it's supposed to be the sister fragrance to Fracas then there's no way I won't love it.
Interesting thing is I thought it as "nice" or "okay" at first, but then I found that I craved wearing it and liked it more each time. I loved the way it dried down on my skin and wafted beautifully throughout the day.
I would say it is really quite similar to Fracas but not so "Hot", as in Hot skin and Flowers heated by the sun. Which is probably why people find it more wearable.
I like them both for different times/occasions: Douglas Hannant for work and Fracas for play :)

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

Another white floral added to my collection. I'm not quite ready for Fracas, which I absolutely adore, but it will just have to wait until I'm ready to wear it(and not be worn by it). Petit Fracas is very similar to this, however slightly sweeter. I like them both and considered both for my Piguet purchase. However, I picked Douglas Hannant in the end.

In hotter weather it's a lovely, tender yet strong, tuberose. On a chilly day it's a full on, heady jasmine to my nose, warmed up by sandalwood. I can't detect the pear. I'm very happy that creations like that exist, I know that many of Fracas fans will dismiss anything that Piguet creates as a Fracas wannabe, 'modern, for the naive and young', but let me tell you - I'm very glad that compositions change and evolve, you can find something for yourself.

Very pleased with this purchase, together with my Marc Jacobs original and Diptuque's Do Son I feel like my light, white floral needs are being completely satisfied.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

3 main things you need to know. This is coming from a male's perspective. This is my 1st sampling from this house. I dislike tuberose. With that being said the tuberose sticks out like a sore thumb but is not as potent in other scents. I believe the gardenia and jasmine mellow it out, making it more wearable. I really don't get any pear but also tons of musk. This seems more wearable in cooler temps. Longevity and sillage are great. I might get my mother a bottle for her B-Day.

Lulutupelo
Lulutupelo

Wow! I understand Fizzy jumping around with happiness over this perfume. So am I! I agree it is something like the "new" Fracas, but very modern. The gardenia note isn't as strong as in Fracas, and the Tuberose is more delicate (not weak), richer and fresher than in Fracas. It does feel lighter, but the longevity and sillage are about the same for me. Oscar de la Renta's Mi Corazon is very similar to this, but instead of gardenia it has ylang ylang and also feels light and fresh.

This is just a wonderfully beautiful, feminine white floral perfume. As are Fracas and Mi Corazon! I would pretty much recommend all three for the tuberose lover, but if you only want to try one, go for Douglas Hannant. Congratulations, Aurelian Guichard, on this great beauty.

This is a truly wonderful addition to the perfumer's art!

Chromatic
Chromatic

Douglas Hannant de Robert Piguet (2011) is part of a Piguet renaissance that saw the venerable old house release more than ten fragrances in two years (with three more coming for 2013). The Douglas Hannant fragrance is the first released by the house in nearly half a century.

Douglas Hannant is a NY-based fashion designer whose career arc hasn't quite had the highs of the big names of American fashion. Nevertheless, he has enjoyed success clothing "society" for its myriad glamorous functions, including weddings.

For his partnership with Piguet, perfumer Aurelien Guichard created a youthful white-floral perfume that owes much to Piguet classic Fracas. Each features a central bouquet of tuberose, gardenia, jasmine, and orange blossom, and the relationship of one to the other is unmistakable. The same complex fusing of tuberose to orange blossom that results in Fracas' shimmering summer haze holds true in the Hannant scent; it is a Piguet signature and one that has stood the test of time for the house. To this, Guichard adds a pear note that has floral overtones rather than syrupy, tinned ones so abused in lesser perfumes. If this is meant to make the classic floral arrangement smell "modern" then it succeeds in a quiet, understated way.

As a long-time wearer of Fracas, I questioned whether I would need Douglas Hannant. It turns out I did; aside from the pear note, the base notes are dissimilar. I've always picked up a good deal of vetiver in Fracas; there is no such drydown in Douglas Hannant. Hannant's drydown is a soft white musk and slightly powdery sandalwood that leaves just a trace on the skin after a day's wear. I have been wearing the Hannant this summer more than I have summer-staple Fracas and enjoying it every bit as much.

While Douglas Hannant might seem to be a younger sister to Fracas, it isn't delimited by age. Anyone can wear this one with confidence in a softened glamour not likely to offend or cause overt remark other than how wonderful one smells.

weegee
weegee

When I first sniffed Douglas Hannant I dismissed it as a diluted Fracas "wanna be"... but I was wrong!

Perhaps it was winter's dry skin or a tired nose; regardless, I'm so glad I saved half of my sample vial for a last try on a warm, sunny summer morning because DH has proven full-bottle worthy and earned a place on my want list.

I have Fracas but seldom wear it, finding the tuberose just too thick and syrupy-cloying on my skin. DH, on the other hand, uses tuberose as a beautiful accent to my darling jasmine, fresh orange blossom and the essence of juicy pear. A younger Fracas? Perhaps, but I'd rather not assign an age to DH; instead, call it more energetic, brighter, more dimensional and much, MUCH more versatile. DH is suitable for daytime wear in warm and hot weather and can be worn in small spaces -- the opposite of Fracas, which can clear a room under the same circumstances.

Yes, jasmine, orange blossom and pear play starring roles but they're warmed and made a bit more sophisticated than your everyday fruity-floral by the warm, woody base of musk and sandalwood. I have to agree that it's pretty much linear but there's definitely something to be said for something beautiful at the start remaining throughout.

If, like me, you dismissed DH as Fracas' poor stepsister, give it another try. You may be as pleasantly surprised as I am!

sarabeegee
sarabeegee

This is Fracas Light with a pear topnote. It is a very nice perfume, but as others have remarked, very linear.

Naji
Naji

For some obscure reason my earlier review of Douglas Hannant was removed. I don't recall being politically incorrect! I stand by what I said - it's strident and obdurately linear. I kept waiting for signs of life but to no avail! Either that or my olfactory attributes have hibernated. I don't recall jasmines, gardenias and other whites being so shrill, so bitter. Fragrances normally mellow out on my skin, but not this one. It remains after four hours as blindingly monochromatic as it started out!
Definitely shades of Fred Hayman 273. And Giorgio, Interesting that packaging on both is terrifyingly yellow! Very Unjasminey to me, all three. But I do very well with the other Piguets, especially Calypso.
No doubt my chemistry is to blame, Mr. Hannant.

myra83
myra83

What i can say bout this douglas its a bloom floral when i spry on my neck.. it so attempting smell.. expecialy in hot weather like malaysi its make me feel like a queen among the people... best compliment ever!! love it... <3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Mix this one with epic from amouge theres no doubt for me. sweat for a long hot sumer days i still smell good in any weather condition

SERENAGELB
SERENAGELB

I tend to always go for florals, so this is a good introduction to other types of scents (as it is mostly floral with some fruity/ soapy notes). It is quite sweet but not overpowering. A good every day (feminine) scent, that can also be worn at night. Lasting power is pretty good. I sprayed it on my wrist and could still smell it 3-4 hours later, though slightly faded.
I own a bottle and will be experimenting more. :)

ralucucky
ralucucky

It's a nice perfume, it smells indeed a litlle bit like Fracas, but this one is soapy, while Fracas is creamy and much classier.

Henriette
Henriette

If Fracas is Grace Kelly, this Douglas Hannant may be identified with Duchess Kate or any other contemporary style icon. Elegant and classy but unmistakably modern without having the cheap soapy feeling too many contemporary creations do possess.
If you love Fracas and you consider it as a standpoint with no followers, then you might be disappointed with DH, but if you see Fracas as an opportunity and your horizons are wide enough, this is a wonderful alternative.
The pear not is not too prominent, it just melts into the tubereuse and the gardenia and gives a little boost.
I am usually a purist and love the scents of the past, but this one does have something that makes me want to wear it every day.

allaboutbeauty
allaboutbeauty

I haven't smelled Fracas, so I have no comparison to it, but I can't stop smelling my wrist! This one is heavy on gardenia then comes the tuberose. I'm missing the orange flower and pear, but I'm sure they are in there somewhere. So far it's the perfect amount of floral and sweetness.

Longevity is very good and sillage is also good. This fragrance is definitely wearable to the office and any occasion day or night.

A very nice fragrance for white floral lovers!!

Update: I've owned this for quite a while now and just smelled Fracas again the other day. Both are amazing white florals. This one does resemble Fracas but not as heavy. Both are lovely scents :)

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

This is a strange ultra-strong sickly overly fruity pear-version of FRACAS. Think it's intended to attract a younger crowd to Piguet-perfumes, considering the fruity-punch a'la FRACAS-gone-bad. FRACAS is nice and classy. This made me feel real sick. Had to wash it off. (Ps. I own FRACAS -and love it)

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Douglas Hannant spoke recently with regard to the launch of his inaguaral scent and after I was given a sample and... it appears to be a winner (we will see after my lady wears it out)! Classy and elegant but not in that "born to the manner" way. This is very approachable.

Put tuberose, gardenia and jasmine together and things get intoxicating but this done without the sledgemhammer!

Ok, the notes as I kscent them to be: orange blossom (love it) is short lived and works well with the gardenia. But, they soon depart and the march of the tuberose comes by (strong but restraint) and hangs around for awhile before the base of musk and sandelwood rounds it out.

Sillage is nice and longevity is most excellent.

Fizzy
Fizzy

This is indeed the new Fracas, but younger, rich, fruity and floral - very modern.
If I would not know, it´s from Douglas Hanannt/Piguet, I could swear, it´s from Guerlain.

The head smells like orange blossoms and is not too strong. It is really captivating. The middle notes is all about tuberose, but not so artificial, like Fracas is, but more naturally, exactly like Carnal Flower smells. This middle notes lasts much longer than Carnal Flower. DH lasts the whole day on me and became more and more intensive. For this reason I guess, they added aldehydes into it, too. Even the next day I got a nice whiff of it. If you like tuberose, loud and long lasting fragrances and fragrances like Carnal Flower, Fracas (which is more simpler, tamer and not so loud), and for example Blonde, you would love it.

A scent for all time - day or night and a perfect scent for hot and warm days. You can wear it in the office and in the bar also. But you have to test it, because it´s really strong tuberose in the middle part.
I am jumping around very happy to discover such a beautiful tuberose and orange blossoms fragrance!!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Robert Piguet Douglas Hannant fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Robert Piguet Douglas Hannant, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Douglas Hannant by Robert Piguet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Douglas Hannant by Robert Piguet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.