Designers » R S » Chypre Floral « Groups

Notes Robert Piguet for women and men

Notes Robert Piguet for women and men
dislike

Notes Robert Piguet for women and men Pictures Notes Robert Piguet for women and men Pictures

“This energizing elixir opens with a crisp top note of bergamot and clary sage. Mid notes include fresh herbaceous facets featuring geranium and orange flower. The drydown reveals the warmth of oakmoss, vetiver and tonka bean” — press release of the brand. Notes was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Aurelien Guichard.

Bergamot Clary Sage

Orange Blossom Geranium Costus

Vetiver Oakmoss Tonka Bean

Ciel Pour Homme

Notes Fragrance Reviews

schaumberg
schaumberg

After reading the reviews I didn't think that this was going to be up to much however after trying it for myself I have to say that I really like this fragrance. Yes I agree it potentially has a more mass commercial appeal than probably some of there other creations but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Its beautifully balanced and suits my skin chemistry, to be honest I've never had so many compliments. Highly recommend giving it a try!

stuartbr
stuartbr

Just delicious. Perfectly balanced. Masculine but very smooth and not at all coarse. Too linear for me to completely love it, though. And this may sound a little idiosyncratic, but it also has somewhat more longevity than I really like. Longevity fanatics will love this fragrance. When it is said it's an EDP, they really mean it. Great for a breezy, cool day outdoors, where you just get perfectly beautiful whisps of it. I bought my bottle at Harrod's when they were having sort of a special promo. The Piguet people were really nice and I got a generous helping of samples and decided to buy it.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

At the first sniff Notes smells like a ton of cheap, mass-marketed colognes: a dull bergamot-citrus note with aromatic neroli, synthetic mossy woods, a hint of evernyl (synthetic oak moss), something vaguely floral (lavender) and some aromatic fruity notes. I don’t want to sound pretentious with all these “something” but that is what I smell – generic plain stuff, precisely like in any mall’s fragrance or deodorant. To which Notes smells quite similar in fact, basically it is a generic “whatever” masculine aromatic citrus-woody cologne. Both uninspired, as it sits close to the cheapest [insert inexpensive chainstore brand] scent’s around, and even within this lack of creativeness or at least “elegance”, particularly clumsy and cheap-smelling. So basically it’s boring and not even nice. The price is pure highway robbery to me, and that is part of why my review may sound too grave. Let’s stick to vintage Piguet’s and pretend the brand doesn’t exist anymore...

(I forgot to specify that after the first sniff nothing changes for hours)

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I usually don't care much for chypre florals, but I really like this. I get the clary sage and bergamot, and (on me at least)the clary hangs on into the orange blossom, a good combination for me. It has good longevity and sillage, I'm still smelling it at the end of a VERY long, busy day!

Narakin
Narakin

For me this is the epitome of a great perfume. All the notes comes together and a great symphony is created. I'm already hamstering these bottles in case it goes out of production. Longevity is the best I've ever experienced. Maybe to masculine to wear for some ladies.

jtd
jtd

A scenario popped into my head the moment I smelled Notes. Aurélien Guichard made a flanker of Jean Paul Gautier le Male called le Male Terrible. Piguet’s Notes could very easily have been his first draft, returned by the client for being too similar to the original.

I haven't smelled all of the new Robert Piguet line, but having both Calypso and Notes in the same line seems a mistake. Although they don't smell particularly alike, the similarity of their construction is close enough that they fill the same slot, and neither is a stellar perfume.  Calypso is a 21st-century Cool Water and Notes is a spin on Jean Paul Gautier’s le Male.

The new Robert Piguet line seems intended for a younger, less perfume-experienced buyer than their Futur and  Fracas buyers. Oddly for Aurélien Guichard, a technical master with a particular proficiency in balancing linear and traditional forms, Notes and Calypso both come off as rather monophonic. It's possible that the perfumer aimed low and hit lower still, hoping for the perfume equivalent of a catchy pop song, but winding up with a jingle.

Madge101
Madge101

Unfortunately this one is a bit of a miss for me. It is quite dated and has an 80s feel but not in a good way. Don't get me wrong I enjoy a good fragrance regardless of when it was released but this one just smells soapy and unpleasant. Having said it lasts and lasts, even surviving a shower!! And I actually quite enjoyed the final stages of the composition.

Not a good effort this one from Robert Piguet.
I have to say despite the vast majority of perfumes from this house not being to my taste, they at least have an inherent quality and imagination.
The opening is a mixture of citrus and sage which is not prominent enough for my liking because it quickly transitions into a mixture of orange blossom and Tonka bean which is the main problem for me...they don't work together to my taste.
Something in this fragrance just doesn't sit right with me either it could be (although I can't smell maybe can be percieved?) the geranium and costus??? It does have a dated feel with the oakmoss not really complementing the other notes.
Maybe this should've been called...
'NOTES(that don't work!)'
The drydown after about 7 hours became a musty, stale skin odour not great. As you can tell by now I really don't like this one but some might.
Not a scrubber but I didn't enjoy the drydown and one of the few in the range that is perceived to be more masculine.
Longevity was okay just not my bag.

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

very disappointing frag from piguet ,it smells like a cheap 80's deodorant ,a very bad and poor copy of drakkar noir

kl99
kl99

Dated. Or maybe vintage.
The first minutes smells like a cheap deodorant stick of the middle 80s.
A dry fragrance for real man in businness suit of that era.
Or to nobilitate it, is similar to: Bic Homme, or Trussardi uomo (1983), Arrogance.
The Base risks a bit french-oriental innovation trying to be similar to Arabian Nights de Bogart.
An Instable messy.

marioslg3

There are no similarities with cool water and I'm wondering, those that they voted for cool water if they ever smelled this perfume. The longevity and sillage is amazing. just one spray and in the winter, the sillage was fantastic after 7 hours but we are not talking for a suffocating sillage. It was a touch to the nose enough to get your attention and turn your head...From where this nice smell is coming from?
The first day i wear it, i got 3 compliments from women in just 2-3 hours. Although not a strictly masculine perfume, it has something that will remind a man but with the flowery notes from a woman's perfume. The tonka after some time is becoming stronger and blends very nice with orange blossom/costus and geranium. what keeps this perfume towards the masculine side as well is the vetiver (although not so strong), the tonka giving it a slight powdery feeling and the sage. The perfume is not that powdery though, is sweet but not very sweet, flowery as well and plays with these notes all the time.

marioslg3

just received this today as a present from a cousin....the first thing i'm wondering is where is the similarities with cool water?
maybe my nose is tired now which is but will see it tomorrow....the whole thing is very nice fresh, quality and flowery type of fragrnace but i see it more on the masculine site..
smelling it some hours later from the bottle, you realize that there is a magnetic attraction to it...it makes you wonder what is this that takes your nose...it is very feminine and very masculine. you have to be gentleman to wear it, is for Roger Moore and not for Charles Bronson, it is for a polite well dressed man and not for a drifter.
it is to be considered unisex but when i smell it, a man of this kind is coming to my mind and not a woman that much....very nice indeed...
the absolute unisex fragrance what goes from feminine to masculine and back all the time....

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Although I am a fan of the floral chypre category this seemed to me more of a plain floral, or even a water floral. The opening is very discreet, and as the fragrance developed, I still remained with an overall indistinct floral impression.. However, in the final phases of the dry-down, the fragrance began to take shape; it became a lovely clear floral, with a very faint hint of powder, combined with a new depth of warm, almost earthy tones. Definitely worth the wait! Not sure, however, if I would be willing to overlook the first hour for the rest on a regular basis.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Robert Piguet Notes fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Robert Piguet Notes, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Notes by Robert Piguet. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Notes by Robert Piguet represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.