Designers » R S » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Just Cavalli Blue Roberto Cavalli for men

Just Cavalli Blue Roberto Cavalli for men
dislike

Just Cavalli Blue Roberto Cavalli for men Pictures Just Cavalli Blue Roberto Cavalli for men Pictures

Just Cavalli Blue by Roberto Cavalli is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Just Cavalli Blue was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Cresp. Top notes are mandarin orange, litchi, mint and bergamot; middle notes are artemisia, pepper, hiacynth and watery notes; base notes are musk, ambergris and woody notes.

Mandarin Orange Litchi Mint Bergamot

Artemisia Pepper Hiacynth Watery Notes

Musk Ambergris Woody Notes

Just Cavalli Blue Fragrance Reviews

monsieur_neroli
monsieur_neroli

As much as I would want to like this, it's gotten worse over time... The lychee, bergamot, hyacinth really surprise me as they form a quite interesting but weak olfactory combination. What overwhelmed me was the pepper and mint that used to give me headaches. Bizarrely this effect is actually toned down in summer, that's why I am keeping it sparcely and uniquely for the summer months... Otherwise it's a bit of a cheap smelling pepper fragrance...

Rerik
Rerik

This is a salty mint fragrance. I would categorize it together with Horizon by Guy Laroche as ozonic fragrances.

PontifexMaximus
PontifexMaximus

Peppery citrus water with a touch of earthy green artemisia and soft woods. Goes on like a medicinal, spicy pain reliever to the senses and epidermis, very powerful blast of pepper that quickly calms and becomes a soft, soothing spicy, green and citrus aquatic dirtied up a little with the artemisia and synthetic mint. Lasts about 2-4 hours max on moderately dry skin and around the 2-3 hour mark is very hard to pick up the musky woods drydown without burying your nose in your skin. Can be found on the cheap and has a unique fresh spicy, green citrus flair but performance makes this one a delicacy for the curious rather than anything essential. Still, it's unique and worth owning for under $15 and can sometimes still be found on the cheap in Italy, Switzerland, Germany and Spain.

NiceNiffs
NiceNiffs

Very surprising find. It has an unusual combination of peppery (or smokey?) liquorice root and a refreshing sweet-citrus. I personally don't detect Lychee in this though and because of the liquorice imagine this perhaps being a bit like Lolita Lempicka - Eau Masculin although I've not tried the latter yet so am prepared to be wrong on that assumption.

Just Cavalli Blue was a bit of a punch in the nose the first time I smelt it as it so different to my usual EDT's but I adjusted really quickly.

This is actually really great as a summer/casual juice but guess you could just about get away with it in autumn due to the peppery-liquorice effect.

Yes, the projection could be better but the composition is solid and with 4 sprays (1 on your shirt) it lasts a good 7 hours. I'm still getting delicious wafts of sweet-smokey-liquorice-citrus at 3.30pm having applied it at 8am this morning. Really like this - definitely a keeper in the "Something Nice But Different" category.

Update:
You know what, having worn this on a couple of warmer days now I think I have seen Just Cavalli Blue in it's true form. The composition opens up and the smokey-liquorice expands into a cool and refreshing breeze of mint, citrus fruits and an aromatic accord that you initially can't quite put your finger on but I guess this must be the Lychee. Very nice, bitter-sweet-aromatic........I hope they don't discontinue it any time soon.

Apocalyptos
Apocalyptos

Agree with miaw2 here. The scent has a remarkable cooling effect. It's like being stinged by an ice wasp! It reminds me of Tiger Balm. Doesn't smell the best, but does the job.

fuggerone
fuggerone

I love it, you get tired of it easily, anyway I'm over 40 and women love it all the same, don't thnk I smell like a clown...
how does a clown smell like?

daliflora
daliflora

A fresh youthful fragrance, not very long lasting. Good for casual use, though far from being a WOW perfume.

SheShe
SheShe

I'm a woman and I like it much more than Just Cavalli Her, which I owned and quickly got rid of. Just Cavalli Him Blue can be unisex. I can feel something of a man for only about half a minute and then it's over. It's very citrusy, slightly peppery and woody. Acually a citrusy-woody fragrance, it has something similiar to MaxMara's Zeste & Musc and maybe She Wood... One minus is the fragrance doesn't change much.

VogueBoy
VogueBoy

I don´t get any fruity notes! it is just cold water, a bit of citruses and a lot, lot, lot of artemisia which smells like a dill... longesivity and silage are poor

Severino Laguzza
Severino Laguzza

Delicate fragrance for young men. Soft, but I noticed when I use and have gained much praise. It seems a little Azzaro Chrome Sport. Good for use on hot summer afternoons. It has base notes very nice. I think the first time the litchi was used in a masculine scent. She made all the difference. Again, the nose behind the scent makes all the difference!
I have never been complimented with a perfume like this.

I love Cavalli's clothing and the women's scents are very nice. I have Oro and The original RC "for women". This is my first men's Cavalli scent, and it is so very much nicer than I had hoped...Thanks Natt!!

Notes from Cavalli website:

Top: bergamot, mint flowers, lychee, mandarin
Heart: iced water, artemisia, hyacinth & pepper
Base: grey amber, musk, balsa wood

This begins with a wonderfully fragant citrus along with a minty coolness, that is not overly green. There is a 'lite' floral feel, but I imagine mint flowers do not last long or smell strongly. The lychee gives it a sweet freshness I just adore. There is an icy frosty feel in this, but it is not the typical "ice" scent. It is more like an ozoney, cool fresh water air. Along with a smooth green artemisia and a subtle pepperiness, the hyacinth blooms and feels so springlike. The hyacinth note smells very true to me here. In the drydown, I get a soft, subtle almost marine amberiness and some light clear wood; but the musk is sweet and pure, like fresh clean skin. I passed on this when I was gonna buy it online, (before testing it) because I had Versace Pour Homme (Signature) 2008 already. Now, I wish I had bought it! They are definitely similar, but both are worth having...

Sillage: decent
Longevity: okay, for a citrus
Overall: 4.25/5

Citrus, flowers, cool freshness, subtle spice and clean musk...this is very good for spring or summer. This is very fresh and playful, while VPH is more elegant and cooly refined, and woodier. This is more like a cooling dip in fresh water for fun, where the VPH is more like a Mediterranean holiday escape. Great for flip-flops and cutoff shorts and a very soft, broken in t-shirt. This will definitely make you feel fresh and cool, in the hot humid days of summer, or remind you of spring and warm flowery breezes when it is cool or cold outside. Lovin' this juice...

guest_califormia curls
guest_califormia curls

This one is my favorite of the citrusy perfumes. And yes, i am a girl in my 20s and my boyfriend doesn't know that it's a mens fragrance. I own Pink as well. They both give me a very sexy dry down and last on my close forever. I guess it just works with my chemistry.

vdxl
vdxl

A fizzier and fruitier acqua di gio. Not bad, but very generic and maybe more suitable for those under 20.

periquito89
periquito89

I agree with "LucyStar1": "very citrus in scent, almost like fizzy lemons" ... Yes, fizzy lemons. For me it resembles somehow with L'eau Par Kenzo Ice Pour Homme, but stronger at the beginning, and more masculine.

Saint-Patrik
Saint-Patrik

This is one of my favorites. Too bad its on its way out of the market here in sweden. I have used it when I,m at the office, after workout and while going out durin summertime. This is as many guys already have noticed a real "girl magnet".
Love the entrece of fresh lemons and after a while a more spicy touch that remindes me of the sea.
Less important but stil a nice thing is the flashy bottle.

Stefan
Stefan

Reminds me of a snow cone. Doesn't Last long at all.
But I still love it, and women do too. Also smells a little like Light Blue by D&G

ac_scent86
ac_scent86

My mom picked this one out for me when she smelled the hint of lychee in it. I guess it triggered some developed olfactory reaction from her childhood (as she is a native of India). I want to say I love it but I don't know thatI can. Its a very impressive fragrance at first smell.

I agree with lucky star in that a lemony smell is apparent. The scent is great for casual wear but I'm almost certain that it only lasted all of 20 minutes.

I've heard similar things about other Cavalli fragrances as well. They all start great but the dry down fades and is finished within a couple hours. I want to blame it on skin chemistry, but on the basis of poor longevity alone I cant recommend this to anyone.

acc
acc

Very great composition but very short lasting. This is way weaker than Eau De Cologne!

asfa
asfa

very sexy elegant and the top notes kill the gerls :)

dunatko
dunatko

hmmm... still love it :-)

guest_dunatko:-)
guest_dunatko:-)

i looove it... cant get enought of it:-)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Blue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Roberto Cavalli Just Cavalli Blue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Just Cavalli Blue by Roberto Cavalli. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Just Cavalli Blue by Roberto Cavalli represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.