Designers » R S » Chypre « Groups

GreenWitch Roxana Illuminated Perfume for women and men
dislike

marine
GreenWitch Roxana Illuminated Perfume for women and men Pictures

The eco-luxe, niche fragrance line Roxana Illuminated Perfume launches the first edition of GreenWitch to coincide with the Vernal Equinox, heralding in the long awaited Spring time. GreenWitch has been formulated in the old pagan tradition of creating an offering to a divine deity for a plentiful harvest, in this case as an offering to Tethys the Greek aquatic sea goddess.

GreenWitch is a liquid, natural perfume began as a recreation of a traditional Chypre. The formulation took a navigational turn concluding in a Green Chypre with sea elements woven in. In a base of organic grain alcohol, essences mingle with tinctured plant material to paint the image of the GreenWitch. The natural perfume began as a traditional Chypre evolving during the formulation which defies genre as it is neither feminine nor masculine.

Roxana chooses to craft her fine art of perfumery by utilizing essences produced by nature, with socially conscious principals. Each flacon sold will give a percentage to GreenPeace. The nose behind this fragrance is Roxana Villa.

Bergamot

Seaweed Jasmine Rose

French labdanum oak moss

GreenWitch Fragrance Reviews

Vaelkyrja
Vaelkyrja

Ugh. I had such, such high hopes for this perfume. It's descrbied so well. I wanted to love it so badly that I paid $27 for a .5ml vial. I love green scents, and ocean scents, and chypres. But no. It is so strong it burned the back of my throat, and on my skin it had a distinct "Great Aunt" vibe that I did not appreciate. It began sharply, bitterly floral (it struck me like a badly-played violin), and ended unpleasantly musty. Buyer beware.

That said: Roxanna Illuminated Perfume DOES makes some absolutely wonderful scents. If you want to smell like blue-green shady forests and sun-warmed grass (with a calming honey-lavender note in there somewhere) I would HIGHLY recommend their "Hedera Helix" solid perfume.

celticelle
celticelle

This perfume is the most evocative of the ocean of any I've ever worn. Roxana uses kelp and seaweed absolute, and with her beautiful green spell she makes you feel as though you're standing on a seacliff amongst the California coastal sage.

I finally purchased the liquid perfume version of this, having had the beeswax version for awhile, and the liquid is the best in this formula for getting the true ocean feel. I wore it to a Fleetwood Mac concert, because of the association of gypsy witch and Celtic goddesses with Stevie Nicks, and it was so perfect. Whenever I hear Rhiannon played, I'll get the smell of this perfume in my head.

After the salt spray odor fades, the beautiful green scent mixed with powdery rose and jasmine base takes center stage. If you layer with the beeswax version and liquid, this is longlasting and gorgeous and provides a lot of sillage.

Kterhark
Kterhark

If you're like me, you're looking at that sea wood note and thinking, 'what the hell'. But really, all you need to notice is the jasmine/rose/oakmoss notes, and let it go at that.

But the seaweed is there, no doubt about it. You'll smell that salty patch throughout, which wears a bit heavy and wet, but ooh... me loves me loves me loves. What dominates is a luscious, full bodied floral chypre. And oh, did I tell you about the green bergamot be opening? How can it be any better?

This is a scent of fortitude. It makes you feel steadfast and committed. It's very earthy and damp, with a decaying vegetation vibe; and worthy of being called a California scent. I highly recommend it to any floral woody chypre loves. It's truly a gem.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Roxana Illuminated Perfume GreenWitch fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Roxana Illuminated Perfume GreenWitch, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify GreenWitch by Roxana Illuminated Perfume. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of GreenWitch by Roxana Illuminated Perfume represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay