Designers » R S » « Groups

F by Ferragamo Black Salvatore Ferragamo for men

F by Ferragamo Black Salvatore Ferragamo for men
dislike

I have it: 1208 I had it: 271 I want it: 622 My signature: 19

F by Ferragamo Black Salvatore Ferragamo for men Pictures F by Ferragamo Black Salvatore Ferragamo for men Pictures

F by Ferragamo Black arrived on the market in the beginning of 2009, as an elegant, evening and intensive version of the original F by Ferragamo. The perfume was created by Olivier Polge, who composed it of lavender absolute, black pepper, coriander seed, labdanum and tonka. The new bottle is a reinterpretation of its antecedent, coloured in black, with a silver logo. This edition can be found as 30, 50 and 100ml edt.

Lavender Apple

Guess Seductive Homme Blue

F by Ferragamo Black Fragrance Reviews

internetwerkbos
internetwerkbos

As a dad myself I see why people compare it with wet babywipes. Though this fragrance is surely more complex than that. This is a real straightforward men's smell and many of them will probably not like it and that's fine.
For me it has a very pleasing aquatic/sporty feeling to it, perfect for the office or to wear during sport activities.

Quim
Quim

Olivier Polge created this? He is one of my favorite perfumers, but I guess even geniuses can have off days. I'd heard comparisons to La Nuit de L'Homme, which I've grown to love. F Black has faint similarities to La Nuit de L'Homme, but mostly it smells like a powdery mess. I had to scrub it off. This was a strong dislike for me. Definite pass on this one. I'm relieved I didn't blind buy this one.

mcuba
mcuba

TJ Maxx clearance bin for the win! The opening is very nice BUT only lasts about 5 minutes on me. I love the fresh opening blast of fruit/citrus and lavender. It quickly dries down to a powdery lavender with a little bit of pepper and tonka bean in the background. In the middle is where I can see how people will be reminded of YSL's La Nuit. But the similarities die quickly and F Black becomes a boring, but safe powdery skin scent. This would be a safe fragrance for work in the cooler months.

istvan.buda.779
istvan.buda.779

In warmer weather it smells like bug spray you kill Flys with ,

Spasticink

Very generic and reminds me of a Toilet fresher or lavender baby wipes.
For me also too much alcohol and lavender. Performance sucks with the latest reformulation, lasts for 2-3 hours with terrible sillage. Fortunately i bought it for less than 20$.

RicardoCe
RicardoCe

Very good Fragance for the date-nate.
Longevity: 8
Scent: 8.5
Versatility8

I can be use in any season, as longs as is in the night, since it's so sexy it fits more the occasion.

him321
him321

Scent: amazing
Longevity: very good
Projection: very good
Versatility: terrible. this scent is so sexy i can only wear it on a date at night. so its gets the least use of my entire collection

Oronde
Oronde

Too much alcohol and lavender. It gives me headaches so I think I may give it away.

Smellinggoodislife
Smellinggoodislife

This scent is only average in it's category. It actually fits into a straight, safe work scent category better than it does in a dark/nighttime, mysterious, or deeply spicey fragrance scent category. It's linear, the scent is very straight forward, I don't get great depth of all different notes at different times. What you smell from first spray (lavender and Pepper) is what you get throughout. It's pretty clean, decent scent, not synthetic, It could stand to have more depth though with more added notes. It's safe and good for work/office or business. If you're truly trying to get a girl into bed, this will not be that fragrance, this won't be in your top 20 of getting a woman into bed fragrances. It's Not as good as Kenneth Cole Black, Tom Ford Noir extreme, Polo Black, YSL La Nuit, CK Dark Obsession, Mandarina Duck Black, Mandarina Duck Black Extreme, Zirh Ikon, Creed Aventus or Ted Lapidus Black Soul, but it's respectable. There is nothing unisex or metrosexual at all about this scent, it's not that unique or super light. It's linear, masculine, and a simple, clean scent. I can wear this to work daily, it's safe and clean. I probably won't repurchase this, it's just not a great, amazing cologne, or unique scent in anyway.

Scent:6
Longevity:6
Sillage:5
Unique/Industry First:4 Lavender never amazed anyone
Quality:6
Overall:6

All of the different scents above bring so much more to the table than this........

lneleman
lneleman

At first I as skeptical about this release. I acquired a tester for very cheap, and Salvatore Ferragamo isn't really a designer with masterpiece after masterpiece. Upon first spray I get hit with lavender, lavender and more lavender. Personally, the infamous black pepper is no where to be found. A few seconds later the sweet tonka bean slowly arises from the base completing the olfactory journey.
F Black is a mysterious, unique and soothing fragrance along the same vein of La Nuit de Lhomme. It screams seduction and masculinity, while bordering metrosexuality. It never ventures into female territory, or uber machismo.

This scent is not for everyone, and that is okay. It doesn't try to appeal to the masses, which is unique to this new era of designer fragrances.
As for the performance, it is better than most fragrances. Easily lasts 8 hours with moderate projection. Sillage seems to be its golden horn.

In short, another masterpiece from the fragrance rockstar Olivier Polge. The wait for his new masculine Chanel fragrance is going to be a tough one.

erha69
erha69

It smell strong lavender. It reminds me of Versace Dreamer. If you like lavender so this becomes your choice.

hverduyckt
hverduyckt

i find it too strong. not sophisticated and very linear

LeotheLion
LeotheLion

Been testing this for a couple days and I really enjoy it. It's one of those fragrances that has no middle ground. Starts off aromatic and spicy and then suddenly transitions to a completely different scent---sweet, fruity and a little exotic spice. Absolutely wonderful dry down that lingers around for a fair amount of time. You can't ask more from a $20 fragrance that performs just as well, if not better than some fragrances that are double the price. I highly recommend at least testing this fragrance.
Grade: A-

tonyflash
tonyflash

One of the best scents I've ever smelled. F black is just amazing to me, the drydown is magical. It lasts for a very long time and the compliments just rain. One of the best purchases for me!

HurAcraft
HurAcraft

Peppery.. somewhat aromatic.. and lavender. Does not smell close to la nuit. This is super agressive and la nuit is soft seductive and cozy.

I rarely reach for this, dislike the pepper aspect. Got it for cheap so not a big deal. Also the association with it smelling like wet or baby wipes kind of kills it for me.

Does it smell bad? No. Worth the hype? no. Good cheapie? Suppose if you're into the smell (pepper/lavender/aromatic)

melio
melio

Try the vial sample of this fragrance at night, smells like powdery when it's dry down on me. Like it but don't want to buy the product, not unique scent fragrance I think. It's so so fragrance in my opinion

Andrew3055
Andrew3055

Not impressed. I found this on clearance at TJ Maxx, so i blind bought it; I have owned Ferragamo fragrances before and generally liked them. F Black is completely unoriginal. Nothing significant sticks out about it. It has a heavy, wet, thick smell to it that I can almost taste. 2-3 sprays and I smell like I took a bath in Preferred Stock. That's the only thing I can compare it to.

Spasticink

Another reformulated gem, that's a pitty. Still decent for the price but not as strong as it used to be.

tani.nikshici
tani.nikshici

This is great
You can smell it easy 5 feet away
5 sprays all together no more.
This scent you need to let it breathe and let it settle.
That's a must, it's very strong.
You can wear this in the club and people would be noticed.
If you wear this on a date, give it an hour to dry down Once that happens your safe.
It's a beast, spray it more than 5 times...you're entering beast Just Amazing

Itsemesamb
Itsemesamb

Very Strong and very masculine. I really do like this, but i see why people also dislike it. Definitely a cold weather outdoor scent, believe me.

Kountrytx
Kountrytx

7/10 I like it smells pretty good last the whole work day

keen(nose)
keen(nose)

The opening smells like alcohol wipes or alcohol hand gel. I could barely get that green apple and that lavender is the worse. After 30 mins I could see why people like this beside the cheap price. The coriander just warms this fragrance up and you just get the right amount of pepper added. Then that Tonka beans just add a very slight touch of powdery sweetness blended with the coriander and black pepper in the heart.

Unfortunately this is only a short live fragrance before turning into a skin scent.

Projection 4/10 You only get about 2 hrs the turns into a 4 hrs skin scent

Sillage 3/10 You get a small amount. They have to be in your personal space.
Winter/Spring/Fall and Summer evenings.

mkpunk
mkpunk

Ferragamo F. Black is very good juice for such a low price. It is a scent that in my humble opinion is a nice masculine skeleton key scent that opened the door for scents like Bleu de Chanel (a release the next year) and Dior Sauvage (a release a few years later. The three things I notice when I smell this scent are clean, pepper and La Nuit. I do notice a clean smell to it with a slight wet ones smell to it but I don't think it is as bad or potent as others do. Pepper, this is fairly similar to Villain for men but it isn’t as spicy and headache inducing. And finally, I do get a bit of the La Nuit de l’Homme smell from it (as I’ve tested it) especially as it settles after a few hours on your skin.

One of the interesting things with this scent is how close it is note wise to Villain and Sauvage with strong pepper and lavender with a slight musk from the labdanum. Even smell wise they are alike. Villain more so than Sauvage due to the strong peppery smell that F Black gives, however Villain as I said before, is very prone to producing headaches. That said, after the pepper tames, F Black goes into a new territory and turns very night like. While F Black only shares lavender to La Nuit de l’Homme, the back end is strangely close smell wise.

The scent projects quite a bit, even at just neck sprays and I smelt it linger for around 3 to 4 hours after spraying. I notice as a skin scent, it lasts another 4/5 or so, making it last the workday test. Seasonal wise, I see this from fall until spring as a night scent but can be light enough for the daytime. Because of this, F Black works a near skeleton key but perhaps not close encounters due to a slight synthetic smell to this scent. It isn’t nearly as bad as say Coty Aspen, but I wouldn't complain too much with the word being thrown around. It’s very work and casual ready and a good “dumb grab.”

I love this scent. I give it an 8.4 out of 10. It is like Villain to me but more refined, stripped down and less headache inducing and also due to its similarities to prestige designer scents like Sauvage, Allure, even Bleu de Chanel and La Nuit de L'homme makes it a great option for young men (high schoolers to young professionals) to have a skeleton key and a near lady killer (not that I personally got compliments wearing it, but I can see it) but at a much lower price. Especially with the more recent and weaker reformulation of La Nuit de L’homme.

ahmad.joumblat
ahmad.joumblat

It is the most complemented perfume at winter weather, more nice than ysl la nuit de l homme , i advice you to try it, i was not expected that complements

Floffles
Floffles

This is one of those weird combos of a sharp pepper mixed with baby powder. Not a fan. I picture a baby with 5 O'clock shadow. A man baby....I've known a few of those in my time.........

tabrupt
tabrupt

This is one of the greatest cheap fragrances out there. Although, in order to appreciate it, you have to apply it with caution. I would suggest a max of 2-3 sprays.

I think most of the negative comments are from reviewers who applied 4-6 sprays of this perfume which makes it over powering and sickening.

Its dry-down once applied in small amounts is very similar to YSL la nuit de l'homme. If you over spray, it becomes a mess.

F-black a much better longevity and projection than ysl la nuit
I am wearing this perfume right now with just 2 sprays. It has been 7 hours since I applied it and I can still smell it on my wrist at 4 inches away.

All in all a great scent at 1/3 the price of YSL La nuit.

Guinea54
Guinea54

Did this fragrance get reformulated because I just can't understand the reviews.. Its either reformed or people should be required to take a blind smell test by mail before they are able to write reviews.

People saying this is the aquatic version of la nuit, and a weaker version?? Wth.. La nuit currently is a watered down fragrance. F black is one of the more potent and long lasting fragrances you can get... at least my bottle.

la nuit
Projection 2/10
longevity 2/10

F black
Projection 4/5
longevity 5/5

timkal69
timkal69

Well, over the years I've come to understand that fragrances react differently on different kinds of skin and with that said I can without a shred of doubt say this is one of the most potent fragrances in my collection... I must admit I'm a bit of an over-sprayer with a minimum of 6-7 sprays from most of my fragrances but I wouldn't dare go over 4 with this.

Overall, this is a solid fragrance for the price, a little to powdery for my liking but its something a can live with.

ITBoa
ITBoa

La Nuit de L'Homme Sport (or perhaps La Nuit de L'Homme Aqua), that is what F Black could easily have been called if it was released by YSL. It's a lightweight, fresh scent that has some similarity to La Nuit, but minus the depth, and sweetness (in the opening and mid).

EDIT: Ok, was a bit hasty with my conclusion. However I am still sticking to the "Aqua/sport" flanker concept, as F Black does start out quite "fresh" compared to La Nuit which is much more dense/sweet smelling upon initial spray (and my 2015 La Nuit does actually edge out in longevity ever so slightly).

With further testing both F Black and La Nuit end up pretty much smelling exactly the same with the ultimate drydown. But they are quite different up until that point (top/mid). Kinda reminds me of the differences between Invictus and Invictus Aqua, both scents end up pretty much smelling exactly alike at the very end/deep base notes, but before that point they are two different scents that happen to share the same baseline DNA.

afroconnection
afroconnection

This was a blind buy based off of online recommendations. I didn't buy into the comparison to YSL La Nuit de l'Homme at first, until I sampled both side-by-side. In my opinion they are indeed very similar. The main similarity is with the lavender note. Both are very floral. The difference is in the other notes and how they come together.

F Black opens with a stronger alcohol smell than YSL. The differences between the two become more evident with the dry down. Smelling them side-by-side on my skin, F Black's green apple and pepper notes are the key differences. These make this a "harsher" fragrance, so you won't need to spray as much to get similar projection. I feel that the longevity is better than YSL (4-6 hours of good projection, skin scent past the 8 hour mark).

I thought F Black was a good fragrance before I did the comparison, and my feelings have not changed. You can use the two interchangeably, though due to it's stronger smell and sharper notes (with the pepper and green apple) I'd use this one in situations that I'm looking to make more of an impression (suit-and-tie events, clubs).

I find YSL to be a more pleasing scent; it's probably my favorite scent in my collection. Nevertheless, the lower price of F Black makes it worth a blind buy. I wouldn't recommend buying if you already own YSL, but it's not a bad thing if you have both of them in your cabinet.

Lockon
Lockon

This is great...
Everyone is different.
Last about 6-9 hours.
You can smell it easy 6 feet away.
It's a scent you spray on both wrists, neck, and chest...
Four sprays all together no more.
This scent... you need to let it breathe and let it settle.
That's a must, it's very strong.
You can wear this in the club and people would be noticed.
If you wear this on a date, give it an hour to dry down...Once that happens your safe.
It's a beast, spray it more than four times...you're entering beast mode.
Great buy 3.4 Oz for $17.00 bucks.
This scent along with Individuel Montblanc, Halloween Man, Encre Noire & Club de Nuit Intense.
All great scents that are underrated, selling for a surprising unbloated price.
Can't go wrong.

richmilton
richmilton

Impressive scent for a man. Sexy, masculine, classy and perfect for gentlemen to wear on cold winter nights. Feminine women will love this on their man. Get this gents! It goes well with the ladies wearing their sweet lady-like fragrances

Shawnnick
Shawnnick

Picked this up blind yesterday and so far im impressed.the opening is a bit harsh but get past that and this fragrance shines.to my nose its dark and serious,really get the lavender which smells divine.as it dries down i get an almost vetiver aroma from it?performance on my skin is superb its lasted beyond 8 hours so far and i keep getting wafts of it.versatility wise i'd say almost any situation so long as the temperature isnt to high.
All in all im impressed and glad i picked it up,i dont get a le nuit vibe but allure home i can get the conparision.

korahk23.1
korahk23.1

A criminally underrated fragrance in my opinion.

On a cool night, this fragrance is an absolute compliment getter.

This is most definitely a night time and cool weather fragrance. Not suited for the day in my opinion.

I can see slight resemblances with La Nuit de l'Homme. Even on its own i think this is a wonderful scent.

The opening is a lil bit harsh for just a minute or two. And boy does this last on my skin. About 7-8 hours and then a skin scent.

An 9 on 10 for me.

MrHonest
MrHonest

Well, it's been nearly 10 months since I blind bought this, but it took me until today to really appreciate its value.

Like most people (I'm guessing), I picked this up primarily due to the hype that it was receiving online. And, like many people, I was a little disappointed with the initial spray. It was something about that weird plasticy tonka-floral combination that just felt too odd - almost like a waxy, rotting citrus?? I dunno. It just wasn't pleasant.

But then after an hour or so, the pepper started to come out and bring balance to the force. And the voice of yoda spake unto me saying, "mmmm, prone to arrogance, you are. Appreciate with time, this will." And he was right. It's a peppery paradise well into the drydown.

Longevity and sillage are also fantastic - everything you could ask for in an entry-level classy fragrance. And the for the price? Aieehhhhh!! (Fonzie)

So what does this smell like? Well, it's definitely masculine, business-like, with the peppery-ness of He Wood Intense Wood, and the general FEEL (not smell) of La Nuit de L'homme. It has a rather serious character, yet a smooth finish. And as for that weird opening? I've actually grown to love it.

Imagine: You're on the bridge of an imperial star destroyer - a lieutenant manning the controls somewhere near the entrance. Everything is black and shiny, with an air of efficiency and commanding precision. The sliding doors suddenly open and in walks Vader, powerful and purposeful. As he passes you, his cloak carries a distinctly intimidating aroma. It's F Black - the dark side of the force.

Scent - 8.5/10
Longevity - 9/10
Projection - 6/10
Overall - 8/10

You DON'T KNOW the POWER of the dark side!

fragnewbie4109
fragnewbie4109

Very good fragrance...smells like a cross between La Nuit and Mont Blanc Individuel to my nose, with tonka/vanilla, lavender being the prominent notes. would definitely recommend if you don't have either of the scents above....and even if you have one or both of them, F Black is worthy of a try!

koret

common mistake for the people, they smelling it right after spray and shove their nose to that spot.

you guys need different approach to enjoying this scent.

let the sillage pour on you after 15mins and you'll see why another people go crazy about it.

from my opinion the key was heart note phase (30mins-3hrs) that resemble closely to almighty la nuit.

i do agree the opening that makes this smelled like baby wet wipes.

just give it time and F Black will show its true class.

cheers

Gazza97
Gazza97

Just blind bought this. Wish me luck.

MrBumblepants
MrBumblepants

I bought this because of all the hype by youtube fragrance reviewers. But it has been SO hyped up, that I was somewhat disappointed when I actually smelled it. I don't get the comparisons with YSL at all. At least on my skin it smells nothing like it. Lots of lavender that fades somewhat when it becomes a skin scent. I don't get many other notes. Mainly a lavender bomb on me.

This is just an okay scent for me tho. I don't dislike it nor am I crazy about it. Probably won't be wearing it much. While it's certainly not bad, just doesn't move me at all.

Molko
Molko

Maybe my skin or nose, but I don't feel any similarity with la nuit del homme, weird.
Smells fresh, semi-sweet, reminds me of something in the past, I don't know/remember the name or which was, but not Nuit. Nuit is sweeter and spicier, more unisex than this.
First minutes seem very harsh, cold, fresh and masculine, I like better after 5-15 minutes, because smells sweeter, but dies into drydown really fast, so I find it too soft, my skin eats this juice, nothing cloying, I use lot of sprays and still stays close to the skin. I think I can wear it easily in the summer too, it's enough fresh along the spicy notes.

ps: I use this perfume as air freshener (in the toilet), sorry, so don't believe the hype, it's only average juice far from Nuit...

Kevgeez
Kevgeez

Top 5 scent.
Does not come in big sizes. the Bottle is kind of hard to hold and spray one-handed.

This is something James Bond would wear.
The Women at my job love it. I mean LOVE IT.

Its only $35 after taxes. Go order yourself a bottle.

CONS: its only available online. So you will be blindly buying it. Trust its a safe buy.

fruivega
fruivega

i love this fragrance the longevity awesome
sense 10/10
longevity 9/10
Projection 8/10
price 9/10

info.3
info.3

On my skin this smells weirdly enough (but i do have a weird skin) quite identical to Bleu de Chanel!!

I totally don't get the resemblance to la Nuit.

chardee_macdennis
chardee_macdennis

I love this fragrance, and it's been my signature for about a year now. That being said, I have no idea why people compare it to La Nuit. In fact, I'd go as far as to say this has more in common with Rive Gauche. The Lavender is sharp and biting up close ("synthetic" to put it in snob terms), but travels very well which is where it draws compliments and states its clear masculinity.

I've been learning that black pepper is sort of a cheap way out for many fragrances, because it's easy for this note to last a long time. However, it can be used quite well, and they pulled it off here. Rather than just having a smoldering pepper in the skin scent phase, it lingers next to the remaining Tonka to make each of them way more interesting. Speaking of which...

The Tonka is what really makes this scent great. Loud/Sharp/Synthetic Lavender is very obvious and very easy... but the Tonka is the key player in terms of longevity, and it's also what tames that lavender after the first hour (which is where this fragrance shines). Once you hit this phase, you end up in a stable blend for upwards of 8+ hours, with solid projection for 4-5 hours. The Tonka-Lavender combo plays more like an incense, which becomes very intoxicating.

Sure, this may have some intoxicating values that La Nuit has, but it's nowhere close to the scent. F Black can function in a wider array of settings than La Nuit. A sharp barbershop touch settling into an aromatic sweetness that can fit in almost anywhere.

The hype videos for this fragrance can be quite misleading, since most of the initial reactions are coming after a recent spray. This stuff is slightly abrasive, and does not get to it's perfect spot until 30-60 minutes. That's why it's garnering a bit of a reputation as something that's almost domineering. Yes, it's a bit serious, but it's not some sort of powerhouse scent by any means.

I can't guaranty that you'll like it, especially if you're chasing a La Nuit substitute. This just happens to fit my personality quite well. I enjoy the seriousness and confidence that F Black exudes, but the touch of seductiveness is ever-present throughout the life of the scent.

You can go into this one with an open mind, or you'll be just another person complaining that a $20 fragrance SOMEHOW smells synthetic (especially when you shove your nostrils right up to it 7 seconds after spraying). You're not going to benefit from this one without a mature approach. Even then it might not be for you.

Dead Memories
Dead Memories

Well Lets Get on Stra8 to the point yes it is generic yes its resembles La Nuit , yes its Cloying and YES its hell of a choice if U R on a budget with those facts! aside lets say what is this frag like :
upon spray it actually remind me of Chanel Allure Homme the original! which doesnt last much then turns into YSL La nuit that is actually one of my all time favorite frags and it remotely resembles Dior Homme Intense too Price/Performance is good i payed 33 bucks for it applied it at 6pm still get it at 1am projected for about 2 hours! (better than La nuit 2015) if applied too much in one place gets cloying easily (i go with 6 sprays ) and to sum it up smells like powder , Tonka and a bit of spice YEAH i LIKE IT - BUY IT First THANK ME LATER :p ;) the only negative here is the bottle or rather super cheap bottle but i come away with it , smell darn good for what i payed and remember no hot weather for this one !

leon226
leon226

not a bad fragrance but too generic, nothing extraordinary.

asgeirn
asgeirn

"synthetic and cloying" = almost any given cologne if you ask the right person to smell and describe it.

so, babywipes or McDonalds, it all boils down to personal preferances.

I like it. Nothing spectacular or inventive, but nice and good smelling.

I also get the similarities to both YSL La Nuit and Dior Homme Intense, so if you wanna spend half the buck smelling almost similar to those, this is a cheap option.

Spasticink

This is indeed a perfect copy of lavender baby wipes :D.
Very pleasant but cloying because of lavender & tonka both very linear combo.
Also F Black has NOTHING TO DO WITH LA NUIT nor with Chanel Allure.

What the hell is wrong with your noses people ?! Overall its a decent frag for the price.

Seattle Dweller
Seattle Dweller

Stunning creation - an absolute masterpiece - the perfect replica of wet wipes baby smell.

Lavender absolute, black pepper, coriander seed, and that wonderful aroma of "Hey I just spilled McDonalds on me and wiped with a moist toilette."

Great value at $3.99 a bottle. Load up!

dunder
dunder

I think it smells incredibly close to La Nuit, although a litle cloying, but with better performance.

Avalanche@arion

Supreme frag...
One that can remind you of C Allure Homme in the beging / YsL La Nuit and D&G The One in the dry down stage.
Olivier Polge is a genius.He knows what his doing,so trust him.
Price 11!/10
Projection 11!/10
Longetivity 10/10
Compliments 7/10
Try before you buy ON SKIN ;)

Ewalk81
Ewalk81

Tried this yesterday at a perfumania, and I must say this is nice. I did not purchase it only because I am at a point in my "fragrance life" where I will on purchase things I see myself wearing on a daily basis.

For me, I get lavender and pepper.
Longevity is pretty good as well. I got about 7+ with only two sprays on the hand.

rockamine
rockamine

the scent is very manly.so manly it punches your nose at the first spray lol.. anyway, women might not gonna like it.

Bkkorn
Bkkorn

I wouldn't call this a stellar scent, but I can see why it's a bargain gem.

It's for sure a winter/fall scent, but it's not too thick and doesn't beat you over the head with overpower. I can see why people say it's a good "dress up" scent. It's warm and classy without screaming at you. Theres something about this scent that does feel like an "older gentlemen" at a formal business event.

Slightly floral and powdery, semi transparent and light....yet it's overall tone is still a winter warm scent.

I couldn't see myself wearing this for general everyday use. This is one of those "special event night out, dressing up" scents that you wear once in a blue moon.

RICH4
RICH4

I'm interested in swapping for this. If you're in the US and would like to trade PM me.

dzb
dzb

I think this thing is great. Rocked it Sunday night labor day and got a few compliments! I think this is my best night out scent.

You gotta know how much to spray with this because it's really strong. I sprayed 1 on each side of the neck and it was good indoors. I think the secret with this one is to be low-key. Then when people get close and get a small whiff they're like "whoa you smell good what is that?"

That's the secret guys. I suggest trying this fragrance again and don't overspray.
Sometimes, less is more.

Satyajeet73
Satyajeet73

I really don't understand what the fuss is all about..... this is just another run of the Mill ordinary scent which doesn't project doesn't have longevity either.
Scent 6/10
Projection 5/10
Sillage 5/10
This is my honest opinion after wearing it for around six times.
I paid around ₹2400 or $35 for this and totally regret it. Not worth the money. The fragrance reviewers like Jeremy Fragrance have hyped up this scent as if they are paid to do this. Don't get fooled by the hype and regret it later just like me......

jaydemm17
jaydemm17

First impression was that the top starts out like Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce but soon transitions into wet wipes lol. Kind of a disappointment. Lots of lavender... spicy lavender. But then I found if I spray it on lightly it's pretty good. A good work scent for sure especially for the price. Not impressive but decent.

Tranq
Tranq

I blind bought this fragrance because it's realtively cheap and the reviews on here are all very positive. When it arrived, I tried it out by spraying it on the back of my hand. I wasn't sure what to expect, even though I read the notes, but when I smelled it, I wasn't really sure if I bought the right one because it smells nothing like the notes mentioned here. I just get a really strong sun tan lotion vibe and not much else. When I smell the cap it smells a bit more sophisticated, but on a paper or my skin it just smells like lotion and nothing else.
At this point I'm not even sure if I just got a fake. Did anyone else experience this?

JNIB
JNIB

This is a very generic lavender scent with just a touch of spice. Pleasant but by no means groundbreaking. It's clean and sweet but you're left feeling no more ivigarented than you would do with a good quality soap or shower gel. I certainly don't get the hype around its longevity and sillage. So much so I had to check to make sure I hadn't bought the FPH instead of the FBPH by mistake!! Put it this way, I've had better performance from La Nuit to which I still don't see the similarities. For me, I get an hour at best. You get an initial sweet, Apple candy-like blast in the opening 15minutes before it dries down to just a lavender based skin scent. Having said that it is incredibly good value for money. I paid £15 for 30ml and you can pick up 100ml for less than £30. I'm just relieved I didn't opt for the 100ml!!

ameagari
ameagari

really solid generic night fragrance for men, reminds me of a bunch of scents (luna rosa extreme, le male, la nuit) so its not original but its definitely pleasant smelling. at the price, its worth it to pick up if you don't have le nuit, as i find they tend to smell quite similar (its worth the price though!). a lot of people are tooting this frag's horn and its for good reason.

vitolezio
vitolezio

Here is how they made this one
50ml la nuite
50ml dior homme intense.

This one is definitly a mix of those 2
What a great scent love it

rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 9/10
sillage : 7/10
longevity :7/10
80% night /20% fragrance
reminds me of La Nuit de l`Homme but lighter
nice creamy and herbal scent

cizekon
cizekon

Great longevity (at least 10 hours everytime) and projection. You can apply it in the morning and people can still smell it during the night.
The opening is rather synthetic, but the dry down is so smooth, I really love it! It´s masculine, sweet, unusual and great for autumn/winter.
It´s obviously not the most natural fragrance, but for its price (cca 15 dolars) it´s just outstanding! Got some great compliments with this. This review is my small thank-you to Jeremy Fragrance, since he´s the reason I bought this beautiful fragrance...

Best regards from Prague!

arms.kitnarong
arms.kitnarong

my signature fragrance is a great smell i wear to high school everytime i love the this one

knoxknoll777
knoxknoll777

Really nice scent for the money. More of a winter/night scent. You really can't go wrong at this price point.

7.5/10

chike_0
chike_0

the drydown smells 100% like calvin klein's obsession

Tab000
Tab000

i have a bottle of this

its cheap and the quality i think its very good for its price

its also a long lasting.. on me it stays for a good 7 hours maybe more

but its type of scent that i don't think i will buy it again

bigbz
bigbz

I bought a bottle of this a couple years ago and really honestly tried to wear it enough to change my opinion, but I just couldn't come around and warm up to it despite all the positive comments.

There was just something about it that rubbed me the wrong way, too synthetic and overpowering smell in the worst possible way.(yes, a strong synthetic can smell good, like Ultrared Man for example;) Just too much of everything in this...lavender, tonka and black pepper. I don't miss my bottle at all.

sjaff
sjaff

Beautiful lavender scent with some spice.. blind bought this and amazed.. For the price, you cannot beat it.. Best for evening and night wear.. gets one a loads of compliments.. Overall 7.5/10

nszlufik
nszlufik

Perfect blind buy because it is such a great cologne even regardless of the cheap price. F Black Homme: LaNuitDeLHomme :: F Homme:L'Homme. I personally enjoy L'homme more than La Nuit and thus the original F Homme is more to my liking than this. I have owned this and gave it away because it wasnt anything different enough for me - a nice slightly sweet and smooth scent. Replace the fruity notes from the original and place powderiness in and you might find yourself with F Black. Great fragrance all around; inoffensive, smells clean and smooth, easy to like and easy to own.

shavenonthedarkside
shavenonthedarkside

This cologne is great. It smells like a more subtle Perry Ellis M. Keep this in your stash.

JAYMZDEEN
JAYMZDEEN

People really seem to love this one. Maybe I got a really bad batch. I really cant stand this one. All I get is POWDER POWDER POWDER!! And it is just not me. Sometimes you find one that just doesnt work for you. This one is it for me.

landshark321
landshark321

Ferragamo F Black is a great sweet warm spicy mix, a nice masculine mix of lavender, pepper, coriander, and tonka. I don't get much apple or labdanum, as far as the other listed notes. The tonka helps ground and sweeten the blend, whereas the lavender/pepper mix gives it an air of sophistication, as this could certainly be used in somewhat formal situations, a dressed-up masculine fragrance that's reserved enough to be suit-appropriate but provocative enough to be date-appropriate. Certainly this scores high in versatility as far as occasions.

Season-wise, I'm less sure. It's probably only appropriate in the winter on my skins, as I imagine it could become rather cloying or ugly in hotter weather (I'm not sure there's a warm weather pepperish option out there for me).

Medium projection, but good longevity, which is probably appropriate as this scent might not be appropriate as a beast mode projector.

Overall, a very nice, agreeable, versatile, masculine scent that's quite a steal, at $23 for 100ml on FragranceNet. It doesn't blow me away in any particular aspect but rather is well above average across the board.

7 out of 10

KevinN
KevinN

SF F black.

Sweet/warm/spicy/young/SEXY

this cologne is much like that person who knows 100 trades but is the master of none. it has a little bit of Chanel and YSL la unit and maybe Versace Homme but it doesn't do them well.

for the price its a steal. you can pick up a 100ml from Marshall for $32. but thats where it ends. nothing too special but a great buy along with Nautica Voyage and Joop Homme, burberry by burberry and Versace Dreamer.

Scent 7/10 not bad
projection 6/10
longevity 6/10.

Hope this helps.

dsyben
dsyben

This was a blind buy for me. I'm glad I went for it. I really don't get the comparisons to Allure Homme or especially to La Nuit de l'Homme. To me it smells like neither of them. Same category as Allure Homme maybe but I smell nothing remotely similar to La Nuit de l'Homme.

It's a nice scent, but very strong. Don't over-spay on this one!

Projection and longevity are both huge.

edk442
edk442

I can acknowledge that this smells good and performs well, but it shares this sour feeling note with Chanel Allure Homme that I don't find attractive in either fragrance

VinceSmellsNice
VinceSmellsNice

This one smells like a sweet soapony lavender. Very clean and elegant if not overapplied. Both projection and longevity are great. I'd say that more than 3 sprays is too much.

A nice fragrance overall that can be very versatile.

cheuv2408
cheuv2408

This is a great smelling cologne and it was definitely worth the $30+ I got it for on fragrancenet. Before I became addicted to colognes, I would go to Walmart and pick up BODMAN 4 packs just to smell decent throughout the day. Ferragamo F Black smells VERY SIMILAR to BODMAN Black. I like having the bottle of F Black on my shelf, but if you're looking to smell good on a budget, I recommend sniffing Bodman Black at your local Walmart.

miles178
miles178

i like it a lot - on clothes it´s citrusy,
but sprayed on skin it´s like dior, powdery in about 20 minutes

overall: nothing against it!

koret

i got a sample from dept store near my home.

at first, coming with burst of lavender.
with some spicy undertone, i think thats the pepper.
i dont smell any apple here.

the opening is so strong, if you wanna go out, apply this 30-60mins before you go.

after an hour here comes the sweet tonka OMG love this very much, i havent smelled La Nuit yet so i wont comparing this one to La Nuit.

you can wear this when hanging out at night or dating.

woman? sure they love this.

the drydown absolutely delicious, makes me wanna sniff it all night.

dont apply it at sunny or hot days.
it'll blend with your sweat and became some nasty smell.

use it on night/day (colder month)

Scent : 8.5
Projection: 8 (loud for 3-4hrs)
Longetivity: 7 (6-7hrs on my skin)

worth to buy !

Cypher10261
Cypher10261

I'm not going to lie; When I first sprayed this and smelled it, I was extremely disappointed. The opening is very, very synthetic. The opening literally smells like an Axe body spray I wore as a kid (I believe it was called Essence). The first thing I thought was, "how the hell do 10 people think this smells like La Nuit de l'Homme?".

The opening made me lose hope, but then as it dries down, it begins to smell pretty damn good. It's remarkable to me how this starts off harsh and synthetic, and actually mellows out to something beautiful. I can see some resemblance to La Nuit, as they both have some of the same characteristics (florals & spices), but you can absolutely tell the difference between them.

Regardless of what I think of the opening, the performance is very good. I get a good 10+ hours with this, and it projects very well for the first couple hours. I would probably do 3 sprays at most. It's pretty powerful stuff.

My final opinion; this one is worth a look. If you don't like the opening, give it some time. I think you'll be surprised. This is a nice, inexpensive cold weather fragrance that will get you some good feedback.

FragAddict81
FragAddict81

The opening is harsh, synthetic and overpowering. This is a fragrance that I simply hate wearing, but would be VERY nice to smell on someone else.

To my nose it opens heavily and over sweet.

30 minutes in it almost resemble Chanel Allure Homme.

It projects really good.

Opening: 6
Mid: 8.5
Drydown: 7.5

Projection: 8.5
Sillage: 8.5
Longevity: 9

This is a good fragrance, but I would recommend to spray it on at least 20 minutes before leaving the house, to get into the better phase of this fragrance.

If you are low on budget and want to smell better than average, I'd say go for it, just don't judge by the synthetic opening and cheap looking bottle.

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

Not sure what it is about this fragrance, maybe the lavender mix w/ the pepper but it comes off cheap and powdery on me AND on paper. Can't stand this one. I blind bought it with a Ross gift card based on all the positive YouTube reviews. Gave it to my brother, he's easy.

vainmoo
vainmoo

I'm currently wearing this in a super hot summer day, and it's a huge mistake to wear this under a hot summer day. Smelling like I'm having a smelly and salty sweats going on.
But it's a great great fragrance for the cold nights for sure. It's a great blind buy for me.

Nba2423
Nba2423

This stuff is WAY TOO OVERRATED!! Smells like a pepper bomb, and it just smells weird to me. I will never buy this, dont like it at all, the spices are too cloying, hurts my head.

diol
diol

Smells wonderful but no lasting and no sillage on me. Too weak, what a pity!

BriantheFragranceNewb

Unfortunately, I just can't shake the thought that I've smelled (unused) baby wipes that smell very similar to this. I think I will end up selling my bottle.

BTW, I thought I owed it to all of you to discuss the performance on my skin. This stuff is basically beastly on my skin, and I was using minimal amounts. Literally, I was doing about a half-spray on each arm, and that stuff was very noticeable for well over 8 hours. Obviously, projection didn't necessarily last that long, but it still projected for several hours. Performance was definitely not a problem for me.

CLW
CLW

WOW! That's all I have to say about this gem!

Does it stand up against La Nuit.. Well yes AND no.. here's why...

F Black is a beautiful fragrance! Really! I can finally say I have fallen in love with it.

It starts off really strong.. I get a zingy citrus accord that literally burns my nose if I smell it too hard (I still weirdly love the opening though).

--WHY do I get a HINT coconut in the opening?!?!--

After the initial citrus assault you can start smelling the lavender, it's REALLY nice, not barber shop type lavender but more of a modern, spicy / sweet type.

After a few more minutes you start getting more of the spices.. It gets a bit peppery and sweet (This is where the magic starts happening)

After say 20-50 minutes (can vary depending on how hot the weather conditions are) the true beauty of this scent appears.. You know that AMAZING sensation you get from smelling La Nuit De L'hommes dry down? well you sort of get a similar vibe.

It gets REALLY spicy, sweet and aromatic and just makes me want to sniff it until I can't smell anything :( Haha! (FU OLFACTORY FATIGUE! ;)

Weirdly enough I still get HINTS (and I mean TINY hints) of coconut at this point.. weird.. but the smell at this stage is just PERFECTION!

Now the dry down is pretty much the same as the last stage but I get a REALLY NICE pipe tobacco accord.. Almost like the spices turned a bit woody.. Amazing! It almost has a burned wood type quality & the sweetness is still there.

The projection & longevity are REALLY GOOD! Not beast mode but people WILL smell you with 2-4 sprays. I get about 6 hours until its pretty much a skin scent but a skin scent that can last like 24 hours!! I am NOT kidding.. If I spray this on my arm I would still be able to smell it the next day if I sniffed close to where I sprayed.

Is this going to be my replacement for La Nuit De L'homme? Well for now it is, but I still haven't found a fragrance that makes me feel the same way I feel when I smell La Nuit's dry down...MAN JUST THINKING ABOUT THAT DRYDOWN NOW! 0.0

Since the reformulation of La Nuit is pathetic..No REALLY it is, they basically destroyed the fragrance.. But see my La Nuit De L'homme review for more on that... I will just use this for now, but in all honesty I find this to be a more mature version of La Nuit (not in a bad way).

Considering the price I give it a 9/10!! Highly recommended if you like sweet/ spicy lavender fragrances!

mojojojo1
mojojojo1

The other day, I sprayed F black on a piece of paper. Immediately, I was like "I gotta have this". Every single one of my friends who smelled the paper (boys and girls), liked it. Thank God, I didn't buy it then. A few days later, I decided to go and buy it. While on the store, trying it out on my skin seemed like a good idea. And that was it. All the love fell apart. On me, it smelled like something pretty sour in a bad way. Plus, all the people who had smelled it on the paper, had the same reaction when they smelled it on me. No Allure Homme, no La Nuit de L'Homme or anything else. Just something bad and sour. I guess it was my skin that didn't let this boy flourish, since on the paper it was nice enough to almost make me buy it without trying it on me. Given the situation, I don't see a bottle of this in my wardrobe anytime soon.

Overall (on me)
Scent: 4
Longevity: 8 (it lasted at least for 7 hours)
Projection/ Sillage: I guess it's ok, but I can't really tell, since I only sprayed it once on my wrist. That being said, for 3-4 hours at least, it didn't seem like a skin scent.
Versatility: 4
Price: 8.5

mikenac
mikenac

@KyleN says it all. Another great fragrance from Olivier Polge. This is an excellent scent, especially for the money.

mowgee
mowgee

A very good fragrance considering the price. I enjoy the dry down which is very similar to la nuit de l'homme in my opinion.

Zr1vette23
Zr1vette23

I just bought a bottle from fragrance.net for $17 tester bottle...i blind bought this fragrance and i got to say it smells great! Especially for the price it has a great lavender scent!! Overall safe fragrance!! Great for daily use!

Bashholt
Bashholt

Layer with Larry Nuit and you have the most complemented scent ever. This needs to be sprayed from a distance, because it takes a while to air out the Allure top that it has. An hour in and this stuff become magic. This is also my top pick to put on clothes because it leaves everything smelling great.

jonathan.martinez
jonathan.martinez

Amazing smell considering the fact that i got a 1.7 oz bottle for $12. You are getting top-notch smell and quality for a fraction of the price you pay for other fragrances. It opens up with an amazing lavender note wit apple and pepper in the background ad well. As about an hour or two into the application, the tonka bean comes out and joins the lavender and apple. Only way that i can explain it is that i smell Dior Homme in the opening, then i get a little La Nuit De L'homme vibe out of it. It projects for about 2 hours and projects a bit more than an arms length. The longevity is about 5-6 hours at max on my skin with a minimum of 4 hours (for some reason, fragrances dont last as long on me as they do on other people). Amazing smell and is now in my top 5. Btw, the colder the weather is, the better it smells, so this fragrance will smell beautifully in 60 degree temperature while it will smell a little more sour in 75-80 degree temp.

Smell: 9/10
Longgevity 6/10
Projection 6/10
Seasons Fall, winter, spring
Occasions Date, casual

doownehpets
doownehpets

Tried this out today and it's really quite enjoyable, wasn't expecting such a nice scent. Don't know if I could do a whole bottle as it is extremely peppery. I'm a sucker for fragrances with lavender, but I do smell the labdanum a lot more and I think they should use that flower note in other men's fragrances. The tonka bean gives it a little sweetness to round it all out. Very manly scent. I think I'd pick it up in a smaller 30 ml or something if they have that size.

------------------------

My opinion on this one changed. I did find a small 30ml bottle afterwards. I wore it quite a lot at first. I realized it really does have way too much pepper and the labdanum is really strong as well, too much so. The dry down is nice and that's the only time I get the tonka. I left it in my fragrance drawer for a while and tried it yesterday for the first time in a while... Had to scrub it, just too up in my face and not very pleasant at all. Probably gonna throw it in with some others I might sell soon.

Kevin1978
Kevin1978

Salvatore Ferragamo F black, Sweet / Fresh / playful / fruity. NOT SEXY.

I read about the hype and decided to try this one out. bought if from Ross, 100 ml for $29.99 US. tried it on and yes the opening is nice and the dry down is also amazing but this cologne to me seem kind of lost. its like that one friend you have thats good at a lot of things but the master of none. the type of friend that keeps jumping from job to job etc.. it opens like allure and its dry down is like la unit and it ends with chanel. here is the problem yes it does SORT of smell like each of the the colognes i just mentioned but it does not smell better. this is a great buy for under $35 category along with perry ellis red, and love and luck. but it does not compete with the likes of allure, la unit, blue de chanel, aqua di gio essenza, carolina herrera ch men, dolce and gabbana the one. Salvatore ferragamo is amazing for the price and it ends there.

this reminds me of the hype when the chrysler 300m first came on the market. people calling it a baby Bently. LOL yes it looks like a Bently until a Bently shows up. same thing with this fragrance, you may think its like having allure, blue de chanel and la nuit, all in one but at some point realty hits. In this world you will notice that realty hits people at different times. lucky for me realty hits me right away for other people it takes time. but know this realty always hits.

scent 6.5/10
longevity 8/10
projection 7 /10
price 10/10

thehardnochlife
thehardnochlife

This is my fall/winter fragrance as the projection is moderate-high and the scent lasts all day (10+ hours). It reminds me of Chanel Allure Homme but at a small fraction of the cost. It doesn't smell that great the first 10 minutes after spraying but after an hour, it smells very refined and tasteful. I have clothing lying around that I wore last week that I can still detect the scent on.

eykin
eykin

just get tester bottle yesterday. i'm love it, remind me of chanel allure homme. longevity on my skin 12+ hours with 2 sprays each side of the neck. very very affordable and worth to buy..

Augiegus
Augiegus

The apple lavender beginning is very nice and then the shift to powder and vanilla? I suppose Tonka but regardless it is sweet, cozy and inviting.

This to me is my mature formal scent aka modern Church scent. I do not really see the sexy part but imagine sexy is in the nose of the beholder. I believe it exudes taste as others have noted and well maybe that is sexy in itself. I would not wear this to my manual labor job for to me it seems more dressed up than casual.

Here is the good news! If you are new to the fragrance game like I am do yourself a favor and buy a bottle. If you have La Nuit de l`Homme and or Spicebomb buy a bottle. This is a reasonable way to see if those fragrances would work for you and if you have them (I have sniffed them in stores) you could conserve them... at least La Nuit de l`Homme for the Spicebomb connection does not seem that obvious to me.

مهدی
مهدی

یه. ادکلن بسار شیک . خوشبو باکلاس و واقعا مناسب بنظرم مفته قيمتش باتوجه به کیف رایحه. پخش و. ماندگاریش هم عالیه ازدستش ندین
از 10 بهش 9 میدم

perfumer s8
perfumer s8

_ A realy nice fragrance.
_ At first start fresh and fruity with lavender, green apple and pepper.
_ The dry down is warm, sweet, mature and very pleasent with tonka bean and lavender.
_ Its grate for winter and autumn.
..........................................
یه عطر جذاب با رایحه غالب لاوندر
در تاپ نوته این عطر رایحه لاوندر در کنار فلفل و سیب سبز قرار گرفته، البته دانه تونکا هم بصورت خیلی ضعیف و در پس زمینه وجود داره. خیلی ها این قسمت از عطر را با لانویی دولوم مقایسه می کنند، اما هر چه از زمان اسپری شدن می گذرد رایحه دانه تونکا قدرت بیشتری میگیره و در نهایت ترکیب جذاب، گرم و شیرین دانه تونکا بصورت غالب و لاوندر در حاشیه رو خواهیم داشت. بطور خلاصه این عطر در ابتدا فرش، میوه ای و در انتها گرم و
شیرین از جنس تونکا و کاملا بالغ و خوشایند هست. یه عطر نجیب و مهربون
البته بنظرم بیشتر مناسب جوون ترها باشه

addinfx
addinfx

This fragrance has an opening that almost exactly like La Nuit, and after 30 minutes it smells like spicebomb, wow.

Rating 8/10
Price 10/10

Pinoyfragrances
Pinoyfragrances

I bought this as blind buy and I am totally amazed by it! The price is cheap but the scent smells expensive. It does. Smell like La Nuit. I prefer this more than La Nuit. Great Longevity. Last fir about. 10-12hours on me. Very nice perfume.

BeeZo875
BeeZo875

I don't know what it is about this scent, but like ivy_l3ague said.. It reminds me of "HANDY WIPES/WET NAPS.." I definitely don't smell any similarities to YSL's La Nuit.
Now I did receive a few compliments, but not enough for me to put this in rotation. This juice has this weird sour smell that drives me crazy! I cant even spray it in my car it repulses me so much. Final analysis... 2 thumbs down. The original is no better considering they damn near smell identical. On the upside I only spent $18 for a 3.4 oz bottle.

Update: Yup this stuff is no bueno for me.. That HANDY WIPES/WET NAPS smell is too much. Gave it away.

Jaymus_Wulfinson
Jaymus_Wulfinson

At first it starts out fresh and fruity notes pushing down on the spicier sweeter notes at the heart and base...really elegant and lets you know you're in for a ride

When you get to the heart you get some of the pepper and sweet tonka notes but with the fruity top notes still lingering.

The dry down is very very pleasant not too sweet not too powdery or peppery.

Note: it does smell similar to YSL Nuit but is NOT the same. The top and mid notes take you on different adventures and while the base is similar with the sweet spicy notes. La nuit is sweeter while F Black stays a little more sophisticated and balanced.

Overall a well blended frag and may well be an alternative to La nuit. Perhaps in a different situation or if youre on a budget. 9/10 for me

Romain shk
Romain shk

Really elegant i must say..

wongkar
wongkar

received my bottle today

sprayed it on my left arm and....

WOOOOT ???

Nice Lavender - Tonka bean !
a little bit harsh on the opening, wait for 5 mins, and bam ! there you go, i do agree it's similar to YSL La Nuit, just a bit fruitier. and yes, it's a Hidden Gem, unfortunately, La Nuit didnt project much on me, but this one? DARN. it's loud!

for the price? cant go wrong with this, salute to mr Polge !

get this while you can.

overall :

Scent : 9 out of 10 (might go to 10/10, depends on the drydown)
Projection : 8.5 out of 10
Longevity : cant give the score now, i will surely update this review next time. will have to give it a couple of wearing.

Buy / try / Pass : DEFINITELY A BUY !

edit :

Scent : 9.5 out of 10 (Lovely drydown, spicy masculin, just perfect !)
Projection : 8.5 out of 10
Longevity : 9.5 out of 10 (lasts 10 hours++ on my skin). truly a hidden gem.

ps : dont buy it. i dont want anyone smelled like this but me. Lol

BriantheFragranceNewb

Originally, I tested this fragrance on a paper strip at the store. I wasn't terribly impressed at that point. On Friday, I decided to test a spray on my arm, and, wow, what a difference! The combination of lavender, tonka, and pepper are outstanding, and I also got great performance out of just one spray.

I tested a spray of YSL La Nuit de L'Homme yesterday, and, after an hour or two, it smells quite similar to Ferragamo Black. Given the price, I have already placed an order for Ferragamo Black.

khaldoon1984
khaldoon1984

very nice perfume , it's elegant Perfume , i am receiving a lot of complements when i wear it , longevity & sillage is excellent , it's for formal wears you will feel your self as a boss .

FlashAdler221
FlashAdler221

I just purchased this a moment ago at Ross. I got a 1 oz bottle for $16.99. This was a blind buy based on Jeremy Fragrance's review and based on the knowledge that it was a creation of Olivier Polge. I sprayed it on myself in the car immediately upon entering so I could analyze it on the way home. Here is what I got.
I noticed a creamy sweetness that I knew could be Vanilla or possibly tonka bean. A touch of black pepper was unmistakable. It was a nice touch. But fighting side by side with that black pepper was a hot and sweet cinnamon. But there was a clean, fresh floral note giving this juice an added dimension. It must have been lavender.
So I got home and I checked the fragrant ifs page and sure enough lavender, tonka bean and black pepper are the dominant notes. I'm kind of proud of myself lol.
But where is the cinnamon that I smelled? Upon deduction of reasoning because I couldn't isolate bergamot despite my familiarity with it and not knowing exactly what coriander smells like I've concluded that the combination of bergamot and coriander have created the illusion of a cinnamon that comes across as sweet and hot at simultaneously. And there's a smooth edge to the tonka that is pretty atypical. I think that the laubdnum takes enough away from the sweetness of the tonka bean to make it easier to tolerate to people who don't enjoy strong tonka and vanilla.
So in essence, this cologne screams Olivier Polge. It fits perfectly into his catalogue of creations reminiscent of Dior Homme, and also even La Nuit de l'homme and even Chanel allure Homme. If you're too manly for any of the aforementioned fragrances, give this one a shot. It is weaker in projection so going a few extra sprays probably won't hurt anyone. And it totally makes sense that Jeremy Fragrance would like this one so much. It's right up his alley and mine too for that matter.

KyleN
KyleN

Okay i've finally figured this out after many wears.

Take a small percentage of the woods from La Nuit De L'homme.

Take the spices & warmth from Dior Homme & Dior Homme Intense.

Take hints of the citrus from Chanel Allure Homme.

Blend it all to a smaller budget, you're now left with Ferragamo Black.

The drydown on my skin quite simply sits somewhere in-between Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense, but somehow cuts out the leather / lipstick vibe, which may be a huge positive to some people.

I should also point out that the nose behind this fragrance (Olivier Polge), was also the nose behind the original 2005 formulation of Dior Homme, which explains the similarities.

Ferragamo Black is a deeply masculine fragrance with many similarities to other scents, some of you may pick up on the frags listed above, some of you may not (judging by the reviews).
I've studied this for some time, you can grab this at an affordable price and enjoy the better than average performance throughout most of the day.

Hope this helps!

damightyheru
damightyheru

U ever had the experience where a scent is awesome but reminds you of something not so awesome? And because of that mental association you can't see the scent in its proper light?

Well this scent does that for me and reminds me of... wait for it... wait for it...

HANDY WIPES/WET NAPS

U know those small, square, wet, scented tissues in those packets at bus stations, airports,restaurants ect.? F Black opens with this really nice fresh scent but that opening literally lasts about an hour and from that point on, its wet naps until the end.

I have heard people rank this scent as "classy", "elegant", or "sophisticated" but sadly all I get is that handy wipe scent that just turns me off. Now smelling like handy wipes isn't the worst thing ever...I guess...lol...It doesn't smell bad by any means. Even with the mental connection I have with this frag, I wear F Black and would even recommend it. I just don't see it in the light those who love it do. TO me its a solid LIKE.

I can say this scent lasts and projects. So if you are looking for a very bright, refreshing scent that performs well this may be a great option for you.

6.5/10

emrahmutku
emrahmutku

I tried it today in Sephora and got a samlpe vial bottle.. I was not blown away with the opening to be honest but..... dammnn the drydown is something i can not explain... It is so nicee and sexy! I wanted to eat my wrist during all day!
It starts with Channel Allure Homme vibe, and middle dry down (the best part) is very nice resemblance of YSL La Nuit without cardamon (more masculine!). Lasts very long time and projects above avarage. Highly recommended!

antoneux
antoneux

After reading all the glowing reviews I took a chance and blind bought a 3.4oz bottle at Ross for $24.99. Great price but unfortunately that's where the fun ended for me. What a disappointment this was. I was expecting something amazing but this fragrance is just a big "Oh god no!" for me. Honestly it's one of two fragrances (so far) that has ever caused me to have a violent negative reaction. The other being Versace's Blue Jeans. It made my nose and head ache, which not many fragrances have ever done. To me, it's so sweet, warm, hot, and synthetic smelling that it makes me think that this could be used by someone with bad hygiene to try and cover their bad body odor. That's how disappointing it is. I thank the light that I was able to return it and get a full refund.

kanak
kanak

A really nice fragrance. The original F is one of my favorite frags for spring and summer and this one complements it nicely for the cooler months. You get a strong lavender hit in the beginning but then this is mostly a spicy, peppery, sweet tonka fragrance. Synthetic for sure but when it smells this good, who cares? Not the most original one either, I get whiffs of YSL La Nuit, original Dior Homme, Avante Garde, and a couple of others i cant put my finger on right now. In fact it's like a highlight reel of notes from all these frags in the best possible way. good projection and a nice, 7-8 hour longevity. If you are looking for a great date/night out fragrance, this one checks all the boxes and it's available online for quite affordable prices. the only thing remotely negative I can think of is that all the F line bottles are a little clunky to use but that's a minor gripe. Go pick up a bottle of this Olivier Polge wonderjuice before it gets discontinued. I love it. 8.5/10

Melsisy
Melsisy

It is a real seductive fragrance. When you wear this fragrance, it has a SEXUAL SEDUCTIVE appeal which makes it irresistible.

LerouxC
LerouxC

Nice scent, only just nice. My reason for this is that the scent is very synthetic but still quite pleasant. One could wear it during any type of weather because its fresh and sweet with a tad bit of spice to it but like I said the synthetics always sticks its neck out whether it be in the opening or the dying end.

Price wise this is very reasonable. I suggest one should use this at gym because it's inoffensive and has a decent smell to it that will still draw a woman to you whilst sweating at your worst lol.

Scent: 5/10 (Nothing original/unique)
Versatility: 9/10 (anywhere, anytime, any season)
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Sillage: 7/10

Subzero0
Subzero0

Very similar to la nuit/YSL indeed, therefore not very versatile scent, would only work on dates in my opinion. Sweet in a masculine way, projection and longevity rather average on my (dry) skin, lasted about 4 hours in cold weather, then it gets a skin scent. Overall nice scent but can't compete with Chanel fragrances I own.

ifilipeanu
ifilipeanu

Does anyone else thinks that this smells like STR8 green? I'm getting that vibe.

SNOOPY
SNOOPY

This one is great.
It has almost a narcotic effect,
It is similar to la nuit by YSL but it seems to have better stuff.
The apple and tonka really compliments the lavender.There is just a little spice.
Surprised it is not more popular given how popular the YSL is.
A good date fragrance,great for evening and the cooler months.
Lasts long.
The fact that this is less expensive is a plus.
I wont buy but not because of any problem here but simply because i have la nuit already.
It s sweeter than the YSL so if you do not like sweet ones these will not work for you.
But if sweet lavender is your thing by all means try.

WSAENOTSOCK
WSAENOTSOCK

ETA: After more time with this scent, I've finally placed it...

Old lady bug spray perfume...

I'll try it out on some of my female friends & see what they think of it...

ETA2: People I have tested it on have the same reaction. The opening has been described as smelling exactly like OFF mosquito repellent...

They did not like the scent.

I have also found myself scrubbing this off multiple times when testing it on my forearm.

Original review: I blind bought this fragrance...

For $23.00, & all the recent hype, how could I go wrong?

At first, I was really put off by this fragrance, & was disappointed with it during the opening. It opens like an Axe body spray. I detect some sort of citronella or mosquito repellent type notes, which are kind of hard to place, but detract from the opening/dry down.

Now that it has completely dried down (approximately 1 hour), I am seeing what the hype was about. I'm still not completely wowed by this fragrance, but it's nice. I don't really get any of the comparisons to Chanel AH series, DHI, or YSL LNDL. I'd much prefer to wear any of those over this at the moment.

If you are going to wear this fragrance, it is definitely not one that you want to apply immediately before the day's events. You want it to settle out well in advance.

The scent is quintessentially Italian to me. I can definitely place this scent as having originated in that part of the world.

I will comment on longevity/sillage/projection after a few more wearings.

If you have more expensive fragrances on your buy list, I'd recomend you purchase them first, then spend the coin for this one. Don't let this eat into your funds for the big boys just because it's cheap. If you can get ahold of this for sub $30.00, I'd have to recommend this fragrance as a buy.

bmantrippy
bmantrippy

If you want to smell like la nuit de l'homme without the feminine powderiness, this is the scent for you. Longevity about the same, sillage the same. Very similar to my nose.

lateeeno
lateeeno

This is the kind of perfume that will never let u think twice before re-buying . Sweet without cloying . Smoky without burning . Woody while creamy . Vanilly while fresh . Leathery in the best way leather can be presented . Long lasting . projection is almost great . You pay less money for a bottle filled with devine nectar . What a glorious experience .

Buy as long as you are interested in smelling delicious and feeling precious.

Mistasmellgoodz
Mistasmellgoodz

I just bought this today and i'm not sure I like it or not but i've already been getting compliments it smells like Hugo to me

josevancouver
josevancouver

I like this fragrance. I wouldn't describe it as the most unique fragrance, but it is well blended and I have always been a big fan of Olivier Polge.

I think one of the main reasons I like this fragrance is because it reminds me of La Nuit de L'homme...minus the cardamon. I do like cardamon, but for some reason am not a fan of it in La Nuit. This fragrance is nice with black pepper and tonka bean. I like the lavender in the composition. This smells sweet, but is never too sweet and I believe is the kind of fragrance that will get you compliments.

Eru1991
Eru1991

I've blindbuought it. To be honest it smells so nice and yes... it's pretty similir to La Nuit but in a fresher way. It starts a bit harsh but fastly it turns into a pleasant smell. I splashed 4 times,1 on each side of the neck and 1 more on my wrist (5 splashes).
I Was in my bedroom that is on the second plant and my mum smelled it downstairs... such long distance!!! It projects like a beast.

Overall: nice scent which is very inexpensive. Hidden gem for me. Try it trust me you wudnt regret.

Nuhgwin
Nuhgwin

Got this bottle for a buddy of mine for his birthday because when he got me MY birthday gift he knew I loved La Nuit De L'homme. He also loved La Nuit as well so to make things easier for me I checked to see what smelled similar to it, and that's when all the reviews of Ferragamo Black came into play.

Ferragamo Black fits in the same concept as La Nuit and has a sweeter scent compared to La Nuit, without the cardamon. I went out to the closest shop and sniffed this out, my god what a gem. I was jealous that he was getting this, wish he would've got me this and I'd given him La Nuit.

This scent is fresh and sophisticated and can fit as a signature all year round scent rather than La Nuit where I would only want to wear it in the cooler seasons. I get great longevity and projection with Black and it's quite the compliment getter. A gem in the Ferragamo house and I highly recommend it.

Casavulva
Casavulva

A nice evening fragrance for gentlemen 20 - 30.

Apple, lavender, tonka bean and pepper, with some sweet coriander to manage the pepper and some labdanum to bitter up and deepen the tonka.

I would never have sampled this without reading the review from ericrico below, a symphatic reviewer with a fine nose and excellent signature (Paco Rabanne).

I agree with him that Ferragamo Black is very nice (for the right age and use). Better (and more rare) than Code Ultimate I add, a fragrance that to me belong in the same category.

abcmore
abcmore

Yep, this is great scent, sweet, clean, sensual, just great, great. Complimenti Salvatore! Complimenti Olivier!

Knows2Nose
Knows2Nose

Another winner from O.Polge. Yes it's similar to YSL L'Nuit, but sweeter and less peppery and vegetale. I agree that it smells like a mix between Allure and L'Nuit. Girls love this scent, it's for romantic wear, a real seducer. I've already been complimented many times. She even complimented me the next morning in bed. How can you complain about that? This is one of the best.

CGV
CGV

Now we have got some special stuff here. This is a crowd pleaser. You cant go wrong with it! Also it has enough personality to stand up against the modern competition. So perfectly balanced, fresh, elegant, sophisticated. Tonka bean plays a great game in this one. Also, its sweet but not overly so. Iam searching for any negatives but there aint any. Perfect blend yet not pushy nor taking itself too seriously. Polge, salute!!!

asurafu
asurafu

i like the top notes but this fragrant doesn't last long...lasts in 5 hours at best...

neilvizuett
neilvizuett

I´m very picky when it comes to fragrances, I find the vast majority of them unremarkable.

But this one... I really liked it!!

The smell is original, which is something I value a lot in a fragrance, it also has that thing I love in a fragrance: it`s sweet with a spicy quality that makes it smell very unique and pleasant.

Like many of other reviewers have said, it´s similar to La Nuit de L´homme, not because they smell similar, but because they would fit in the same concept.

eddie.gallardo
eddie.gallardo

Smells wonderful, but no way this last a long time. a good 3 hrs is about it.

Mjs89
Mjs89

Simply amazing. Take Ferragamo Black and combine with Ferragamo Attimo and you have YSL La Nuit. When I'm in the mood for the sweeter side of La Nuit without all the cardamom, I go with this amazing fragrance. Definitely a winner with the ladies. Medium projection, long lasting, inexpensive. Give it a try if you haven't. Great for all seasons except Summer. The original is quite good as well. Same lavender and pepper notes without the sweetness of the tonka.

senpai
senpai

it's smells so great!!!

it's a compliment getter for sure...

people are asking what i wear all the time )))

project's great for 2.5 hours...

girls are just insane about this...

i think it's quality juice.

it's a hidden gym.

i'm really interesting about other salvatore fragrances..

this will always be in my collection...

jyan727
jyan727

I was a bit conflicted with this fragrance. There are days when I absolutely love this fragrance and days that I feel so-so about it. I once thought of getting rid of this fragrance but then realized how big a role this plays in my arsenal.

F is a sensual fragrance that keeps a great hold of its masculinity. While it isn't an original smelling fragrance it does well setting itself apart from its similar smelling counterparts (YSL's La Nuit, Allure Homme & Dior Homme).
This fragrance is extremely rich in smell (you can thank the tonka for that) and smooth (lavender). Yesterday I was told by one woman in particular that I smelled great and that the fragrance still smelled masculine.

Every now and then I get a slight cloying feeling from this fragrance, which is what made me first want to get rid of it. I soon realized that no other fragrance in my arsenal was as smooth and rich without being too sweet, so I decided to keep it.

The longevity on this fragrance is great, 8-9 hours, and projecting pretty well for 5 of those! One of the best longevity of any of my fragrances (on my skin).
All of this adds up to a fragrance that is perfect for a date night or a simple night out on the town that is sure to impress.

F by Ferragamo Black is a hard fragrance to pass up. It is such a rich and masculine fragrance that lasts so long and it can be obtained for a great price compared to other fragrances of the same caliber.

If your looking for something rich, sensual, and masculine, then F by Ferragamo Black is a worthy purchase and maybe even a great blind buy.

(I don't like to put age restrictions on fragrances but I am 19. I seem to wear it pretty well and can definitely see any man, on up to their 50's, wearing this with no problem whatsoever.)

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

F Ferragamo Black is a real seductive fragrance. The added lavender mixed with the base note labdanum gives this fragrance a really desirable appeal. The mix of black pepper, coriander and tonka bean gives it a sweet/spicy scent. When you wear this fragrance, it has a SEXUAL SEDUCTIVE appeal which makes it irresistible.
I really enjoy the warm/spicy scent against your body working with body temperature it makes this frag without a doubt one the best you can buy and use especially during the colder months.
After this frag is on your skin it emulates a positive vibe making it absolutely AMAZING!!!
Longevity and Silage are both long lasting well beyond most frag which cost more.
Overall opinion, I can't get enough of this frag so I wear it also during the late summer. I have so many women complimenting me on how nice I smell. This frag is a real pick me upper making you feel better. It also has a sexy appeal which is like bee's to honey.
Without a second thought I would strongly recommend this frag.....it's UNBELIEVABLE. As far as rating this frag it's a no brainer...A PERFECT 10 from when you have it on till hours later still going strong. ★★★★★

iammyping
iammyping

This is softer, more casual and relaxed somehow variation of YSL la nuit de l'homme. I didn't care much for la nuit, but this one is...very comforting somehow:) It does not scream like ysl, rather speaks slowly and with confidence. In short- gentle, aromatic sweetness in a bottle.Not a breaktrough, but definitely worth trying. You can easily go troughout the day without even thinking of applying this again. Sillage is...just enough:)

Roman86
Roman86

This scent initially reminds me of a fruity bubblegum with its sweetness but it's not an overwhelming or cloying sweetness. It's almost like opening a shampoo bottle and take a sniff. The sweetness is mellow and relaxed. Ferragamo Black can be a unisex fragrance to be honest. This one comes recommended considering it's $30 shipped and sold by Amazon for a 100 ml bottle. You really can't go wrong with this one.

eric.cius
eric.cius

After finally trying this I'm glad I didn't blind buy. don't get me wrong, it smells fantastic but I already have F by Ferragamo and I like that more. I find that black would be a back shelfer to F. If I bought black first it might have been different. Both are great but if you have one, you dont need the other imo.

Vastalux
Vastalux

Totally agreed this fragrance very underrated. On my skin it smell has similirity with Chanel Allure and on cloth I can detected some hint of Dior Homme. Longevity quite good around 5 - 6 hours but sillage it is not potent as I hoping for. Very close to the skin. It is good buy for me. Really recommended this one.

lbullard
lbullard

I have been reading that this fragrance is formal, and it is and isn't. I want to say what I think after just receiving this. It is classy from the substantial box,to the gorgeous heavy bottle, that could be thrown through a plate glass window. It,would not be logical to showcase an ordinary fragrance like this in such a package. Please, don't pass this buy thinking you need a coat and tie to pull it off,you don't. Salvatore Ferragamo, does require you wear it with an attitude of confidence and if you are not feeling it go for something a little less. This fragrance starts off a little heavy and quickly settles into a light above average classy scent. I think class for a man can almost be achieved by their attitude. I will tell you this, A well groomed man in jeans,great shirt and shoes and Ferragamo Black on could turn heads. The fragrance,is light and present after a few minutes and hangs around quite awhile. I won't be without it again.OH, I will let all the chemists and those fortunate enough to talk ingredients talk about that. I like to find the sharpest car,with the best warranty and smoothest ride and go for it. Go for it. L. Bullard

vitop
vitop

I completely agree with Marlon Brando. It opens exactly like Chanel Allure Homme and dries down like Dior ! Just phenomenal and truly underated... Cheers!

ali abd alrhman

جربه قبل الشراء

I like the scent

longevity 8 h

sillage 4 h

I don't get any separate notes

try before buy

Skebaba
Skebaba

it got some of the the best compliments i have ever received wearing a cologne and it is ladies favourite for some reason but as for me I do like but not that much and never expected things like that ...its a surprise!

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

Is that YSL's La Nuit de l'Homme you're wearing? Are you wearing Dior Homme? No, actually it's F Black by Ferragamo.

This multi-faceted gem is also something of a hidden gem. It will remind you of other well-loved contemporary favourites, but this one is an original in its own right, albeit one that's flying quietly under the radar.

Rich, distinguished and masculine, F Black delivers superb longevity and projection on my skin. It evolves beautifully throughout each wearing, morphing through various distinct phases, whilst always maintaining an assured air of sophistication.

If you're looking for a high-quality alternative to other popular choices, one that's perfectly suited for dressed-up occasions, then look no further than Salvatore Ferragamo's F Black.

This F gets straight A's.

F by Ferragamo Black is a rather impressive masculine. If you've read my other reviews, you'll know that I'm a huge fan of lavender in men's fragrances. This fragrance features a lot of this note, and much to my delight, it has been represented well.

The lavender note is smooth and somewhat sweet, with a hint of vanillary and rich tonka bean. In that regard, F by Ferragamo Black appears to be a fragrance best suited to the cooler months. It could make an excellent formal scent, something that pairs well with a suit and tie.

As a woman, I do find this fragrance both sexy and alluring. It's one of Salvatore Ferragamo's best. F by Ferragamo Black is actually more than I anticipated.

Everything about this composition works, including the crisp apple note in the opening and the labdanum in the drydown. I initially feared that the pepper accord would be too dominant on my skin, however I think it provides the masculinity that is needed in this fragrance. Without it, F by Ferragamo Black would smell too feminine.

F by Ferragamo Black has fantastic longevity, most impressive indeed. The projection may be soft, but this fragrance lasts for at least eight hours, a full working day. I will be ever so subtly encouraging my boyfriend to wear F by Ferragamo Black. I want to smell more of it.

Marlon Brando

Should have made my due diligence. Peake1 and Jose Marcos are saying what i expect and noticed.

Marlon Brando

It begin like Chanel Allure Pour Homme and ends like Dior Homme. Does anybody have the same though?

Jose Marcos

Although the comparison sometimes to YSL La Nuit or chanelAllure is unevitable, please, trust peake1 for he is very accurate. Once I thought of getting rid of F black but I haven't because it is a good change for when you want to wear something different from YSL or Chanel and yet mantaining the same feeling and quality. Never mind if it is mainsttream, Ferragamo Black just smells awesome.

houstcs
houstcs

Was hoping for much more pepper. Sweeter than I thought it would be and it's probably tonka. However, I do get many compliments from women.

enevictor
enevictor

I love this fragrance. It's a romantic fragrance with very tasty notes. It remindes me of cola + chocolate and bubblegum.

Jose Marcos

As I have sinusites my sense of smell is not always the most accurate as I would like it to be, in cleaning products I just cannot stand the smell of pine and citrus together. So, for me F Black smells very much like Allure Sport Eau Extreme in the opening with labdanum halping make a transition into La Nuit de l'Homme and finishing up as a very comfortable and relaxing lavender until it dessappears about 10 hours later. I like it but as I have both Chanel and YSL scents wouldn't have bought this one and I only did because it was an online purchase. For those who like them both and want a cheaper substitute F Black is a good choice becasue it doeasn't smell cheap at all, not even 10 hours later. About being synthetic, well, as the Fragrance Bros says everything is actually synthetic but even in that we can find quality, which counts a lot. Ferragamo black is a good quality scent.

Edit: I could sware there is a lot of neroli in it.

Boygatti
Boygatti

I bought a bunch of samples from myperfumesamples.com, great site btw, and this was one of them. Im sorry to say but you know those times when you get a whiff of something not-so-good-smelling at the same time your first sniffing your new cologne? (by accident of course)

Well idk what snuck into my nose but i had sniffed this, loved it and thought it was amazing, then i sniffed Rabanne's Black XS right after, then LOVED that even more.

Then i tried to sniff the Ferragamo again and, idk what this has to do with anything but...scents and memories are VERY much intertwined in my head, and when i went back to the Ferragamo to compare, i was reminded of the most awful smell mixed with an awful memory. And that smell/memory was disecting those dead cats and that disgusting embalming crap they use to make the cats smell better. THIS is what the cologne reminded me of.

Im not saying it's a bad cologne, what i'm getting at is I broke my nose by sniffing different colognes too close together and something about the mixture cause that memory to creep in right when i sniffed the Ferragamo again. Keep in mind i loved this when i first smelled it..but idk what happened the second time.

So based on my first whiff of this stuff...very nice. Just be careful of what cologne you sniff after smelling this one lol

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is suitable with casual wearing. This cologne is good for Fall & Winter seasons

redfive
redfive

A blind buy for me, but an exceptional one. This is a poor man's Chanel Allure, but I would agree it is different but loses nothing by being so. It has a boozier quality, which draws comparisons to YSL's La Nuit, and I can swear there is a touch of lipstick note in Dior Homme (only better, this is not feminine).

A long lasting, projecting masterpiece that is probably wearable by anyone of any age. It is sexy, romantic, and versatile--just like Chanel's Allure homme, an equally as classy.

If you want your man to smell good (or if you want to delight your woman) buy this frag.

aomtac

Overall smell - B+

Love it Signature for me

hamednoohi
hamednoohi

just got this bottle , smells really really good i dunno if im the only one gettin this but i smell the lip stick same as dior homme intense that i have but ALOT milder , i love it its like grabbing a lip stick putting a touch of black pepper on it add some flower on top with just a touch of powdery note on it ,,, if that makes any sense lol very classy smell great for any party occasion more of a night sent but i would use it for day time too i wouldnt recommend wearing this to a club but a lounge for sure , for the price ( ARE YOU SH**ING ME ) under 30 bucks you can not go wrong with this

stayclose
stayclose

Its smells like sweet black pepper haha j/k. it was formulated by the same person who made dior homme, and as you all know its very sweet due to the iris. This is just as sweet thanks to the tonka bean/coriander. It has lavender which gives a fourage smell (like 1-12 by halston). I don't know why they put green apple in this it smell slightly off to me but it also makes it glitter (you know smell a lil feminine). Not sure if this has musk in it but it kinda smothers you a in that way. I also get hits of laudanum which can smell medicinal/sandalwood but not much. Overall this too sweet for me and has too much of an allure pour homme resemblance to say I need it.

Plantus
Plantus

Great blind buy for me. As many reviewers says it's quite similar with Allure Homme and YSL La nuit. Sometimes reminds me of Terre d'Hermes.
Great for a night out, or a cold day.

It's quite cheep but unfortunately on my skin don't last very much and the projections dies down to early. When I wear it I always have a travalo atomizer with me. Problem solved!

mehrdad

مردانه
جذاب

adrian2345
adrian2345

I highly recomended fragance smells very good and the best of all lady's love it believe me this is a chic magnet, and is a very underrated fragance but better for me because not everybody wars it xD

kamalipour
kamalipour

Highly Recommended

iamfrdz
iamfrdz

I bought this after using the original F Pour Homme and I must say that this one of the most underrated fragrances out there. This smells good. Not the best but people will notice you. Agree with Ronnie below on the similarities with La Nuit de l'homme. Very appropriate for a date scent as it sets the romantic mood with your significant other.

Sillage - B+
Longevity - B+
Worth the $ - A
Overall smell - B

dromidreza
dromidreza

درباره ماندگاری متوسط ولی پخش بو بد نیست.از خریدش اصلا پشیمان نمیشید ولی به شخصه نسخه اصلی رو خیلی بیشتر دوست دارم

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

Wow club scent for sure. Opening loud peppery lavender, tonka bean kicks in real smooth

Nice to have in my collection. la nuit d homme has some similarity. not my favorite though. but i get compliments from the ladies

bcoops
bcoops

thhis got me into frags again, after 1 hr or so when I smell this on my wrist I want to eat it. Just not sure how many spray to use with this

babybash44
babybash44

You can tell this is related to F by Ferragamo, as it has all the citrusy and shampoo-ey notes. This is just a black version, with the Armani Code dark fruit and smoke cliche. It smells nice, but it smells like a lot of stuff out there. I'd give it a 7/10 for the scent, 8/10 for longevity.

EnragedApollo
EnragedApollo

Smells so sexy on the dry down... <3

I love this one. It's very unique and I don't think a lot of men wear this. It smells sweet on the dry down but the right kind of sweet!

In my fragrance collection, I'd say this scent would perfectly describe three kinds of man: the elegant, the classy, and the romantic lover.

Perfect for any season and time but I think this is best worn on a night out in a fall/winter season. Perfect attire to suit this would definitely be a tux.

But fuck it, you know you can wear this anytime and I do so :D I love it!

Kain
Kain

What I'm going to do is describing this fragrance from the opening to the base and also comparing it to the original at the same time!
In the opening you can smell huge dose of lavender which is sweet because of the tonka bean note.
It's dark, sweet and spicy. very nice.
In the original the lavender is muted by the apple note but here in black version it's strong and easy to detect.
The pepper is there but it's really muted by tonka bean and lavender and it's in the background.
In the drydown the lavender and pepper start to decay and you will leave with sweet tonka bean.
In the base you have lavender and pepper weak in the background with sweet tonka bean and only hint of floral note.
If the pepper note is too much for you in the original, it's muted here and it's more wearable for those who don't like pepper.
If you don't like lavender, it's in this fragrance but it's not that bad and it's pleasant.
Personally I prefer the original over this because I'm a big fan of pepper based fragrances and the pepper note in the original is stunning but the black version also is a great fragrance and I like it.
And about the overal smell comparing to the original.
There are similarities but they are so different to my nose.
Very good projection and longevity.
كاري كه من ميخوام اينجا انجام بدم اينه كه هم اين بوي اين عطرُ براتون شرح بدم و هم با نسخه اصلي مقايسه اش كنم
در رايحه ابتدايي اين عطر بوي بسيار قوي لاوندر قابل استشمام هست كه با مقدار قابل توجهي رايحه دانه هاي تانكا بين شيرين شده. بوي تاريك و شيريني داره
تو نسخه اصلي رايحه لاوندر تا حد زيادي توسط رايحه سيب كور و بهتر بگم بالانس شده بود اما اينجا قوي و كاملا قابل حس كردنه
رايحه فلفل هم همچنان تو اين عطر هست اما بدليل دز بالاي لاوندر و دانه تانكا بين، تا حد زيادي بوش ضعيف شده و در حاشيه هست
در ادامه بوي لاوندر و فلفل به مرور شروع به ضعيف شدن ميكنه و بوي شيرين دانه تانكا بين قويتر ميشه
در پايان هم رايحه فلفل و لاوندر خيلي ضعيف در حاشيه وجود دارن و مقدار بسيار كمي رايحه هاي گلها اين تركيب بو رو همراهي ميكنن. خيلي ضعيف هست البته
در كل اگه بخوام براتون توضيح بدم. اگه از بوي فلفل تو نسخه اصلي خوشتون نميومد و خيلي براتون تند و قوي بود، تو اين به مراتب ضعيفتر شده و استفاده اش راحت تره براي اونايي كه از بوي فلفل تو عطر خوششون نمياد
پخش بو و ماندگاري خيلي خوبي داره
من خودم شخصا نسخه اصلي رو به اين ترجيح ميدم چون من عاشق بوي فلفل هستم و تو نسخه اصلي بوي فلفل بسيار قوي و عاليه. اما اينم يه كار بسيار خوب و قابل توجه هست كه با توجه به قيمتش ارزش خريد داره
بوي دو نسخه شباهتهايي به هم داره اما اين شباهت به نظر من حداكثر 10 درصد هست و به بيني من اين دو تا خيلي با هم فرق دارن

sedan79
sedan79

Amazing scent, compliments everywhere. This F is a masterpiece.

brandonnn
brandonnn

I find it smells a lot like the original? Correct me if I am wrong but does it not smell the same? but then again thats not a bad thing i liked the first original one

hadi mozaffari
hadi mozaffari

بوش خوبه ولی پخش بوی زیادی نداره ...من دیشب 7-8 تا پیس زدم امروز که از خواب پاشدم بوش مونده بود ولی فقط خودم میتونستم حسش کنم

olubojo.bantu
olubojo.bantu

buying this tomorrow....trusting your reviews

Really nice and classic perfume, though I personally think the longevity is below average, Opening of herbs and spices similar to Burberry London but milder and then escalates to a more subtle and gentlemanly mix of vanilla and mint so very relaxing and an absolutely gorgeous fragrance but bask in the euphoria of it quickly as it lives fast and dies young!

Dashley
Dashley

In one word. Intoxicating. It does take a little time to settle in after the initial sprays. However once it does Ferragamo Black truely shines. A great departure from the popular scents of now. It exudes Sophistication, Charm & Confidence.

Sprayed it on an a department store and throughout the day could no get enough of this amazing scent!

Give it a try, it's very underrated and worthy of being a signature scent.

sparkyman
sparkyman

Another blind buy, based purely on reviews here, another great fragrance purchase as a result. Accurate Fragrantica reviews are taking the guess work out of online shopping !

An hour into first spray and the intense warmth of this fragrance surrounds me - superb. Still learning about indiviual notes, but this definitely has Lavender at the fore of it's character with a peppery spicyness propping it up. As the clock ticks by, projection seems to be getting stronger.

I agree this has the makings of a great evening scent.

ericrico
ericrico

I really, really like this fragrance - 8/10 overall. Umraman nailed the composition's scent in a nice and tidy nutshell. I think this is a must for anyone looking for a great 3-season juice (all but hot & humid summer days and balmy nights). It does work on a warm evening with low humidity - actually radiates great. Definitely a scent for the club (or a classy evening event) - upscale and tasteful...this is Ferragamo and Olivier Polge after all.

Ferragamo, as a design house, is fantastic - their fragrances have been solid for years. Although there is a slight synthetic quality to some of the fragrances, nothing is off-putting to me here and the balance is superb. This is one of the shining stars for me and definitely a nice bottle to have in your collection.

I love aromatic fougeres from the 70's & 80's that have a rich lavender note (but always found with moss, florals, and more). This is very modern, sleek and elegant - with a truly warm, deep and smooth lavender absolute as the core component (the sweet floral aspect, not herbal). The apple creates a bit of 'greenness' and a light fruity aspect...but fades away after 15-20 minutes. To me, the lavender is there from initial spray through the drydown - dusted with black and white pepper and a nice coriander note (which I think is key to bringing this bottle together) that segues into the warm tonka bean/labdanum base.

It is not a loud powerhouse - to me, after the opening and into the heart...it becomes a nice radiating skin scent that offers a 12-24" aura off your skin, depending upon how much you applied, with a nice trail behind you. I have received many great compliments wearing this.

Suitable for a casual office, perfect for a night out and wonderful for intimacy. I am very impressed with this juice and find myself reaching for it. Cheers!

Update: Wearing on a cold, sunny winter day. Brilliant! The lavender absolute mixed with pepper and coriander is showing well. Very nice, deep Tonka Bean in the drydown - this is a warm and very clean scent that exudes taste...chic! Regardless of the price, it is a fantastic bottle of juice. The QPR ratio just makes it more attractive, as I have spent $75+ on bottles of juice that are inferior to this. It is a "mainstream staple" in my large collection...a great find. I have to think it will be stunning in Spring with a little more warmth in the air - but is gorgeous right now. Ferragamo's line is impressing me more & more...I have yet to find a bottle I didn't at least think was "fair".

chrismriley@hotmail.com

A superb, young, vibrant, heady cocktail of chemicals to form a modern-day long lasting, well projecting aphrodisiac...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-5 mins- Alcohol, modern day, non-descript

5 mins - 30 mins - 1.5 foot projection. Very synthetic and chemically, could be used as a substitute for Vodka..this is as chemical and synthetic as its gets,... those who suffer from headaches and skin rashes look away, seriously!
......

30 mins- 4 Hours - 1 foot projection of sheer delight. WOW! It reminds me most of the drydown of Kenzo Boisse for men, its all acidic and alcohol, with a floral twist. Young with umphhhh!I really like it. Sure if you smell the skin close you get a spicier, more mature, peppery kick which aint so young..so just sit back and let the much cooler, younger, trendier and sexy subtle, yet skirt lowering, projection scent waft up your nose... Soapiness kicks in after 3 hours and just adds to the sexiness..

4 hours - 6 hours - 6 inch projection, Oh yes, this one sticks around and burns of the skin... A young, alluring and devishly crafty smokiness appears and sends you into a trans...it then blends with the soapiness and the heat of the projection means that this one is a modern day Champion.

6 hours - 8 hours - 2 inch projection, still burning on the skin.

8 hours - 10 hours - 1 inch projection, Still a burning sexy glow around you... someones had their porridge..

10 hours - 16 hours- Still enough there to count

This is the strongest scent on clothes I have come across, it literally screams through cotton at you and even projects days later...

A chemical bomb which is long lasting, night club material....

Love it, it will always be on me, until my Kidneys pack in... this is sooooooo young, strong masculine sexy

Quality

firsttime
firsttime

Very Great and Sexy! On my skin it's F***in' perfect! Very longative and after 7-8 hrs it's smell like some fruit! (but I don't know what it is), great for daytime and night-club time, winter but Not! for summer!

KERMITHENRY24@yahoo.com

this also in my collection,i agree with some people,this one is slept on,it smells really good,when u wear this to me u are saying i mean business!i think the ladies would love this one.u cant go wrong.

MQS
MQS

smells like dunhill london but in a nicer way

maab
maab

This fragance is a masterpiece.

alimaxsin
alimaxsin

بوی نازی داره. خیلی هم خانم پسنده!

enwachukwu
enwachukwu

I just got it and I'm loving it!!!
It's a fragrance that keeps the love coming!
for me, it is a 9/10!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

It´s a truly black version of the traditional.
The tonka bean is intense with lavender, which turn in to a light coffee vibe is this one, projection is fine and longevity like the other, very good!
Highly recomend!

Rating: 8,5/10

m_e110
m_e110

very nice &sexy
پخش بوش عالیه خیلی خانوم پسنده با کلاس و دلربا دوست داشتنی

MattAyJay
MattAyJay

Classy, masculine, and distinctive...a dynamite combination and it works for me! I tested at least a dozen other fragrances at that time, and it was its unique character that got my attention. I don't usually go for scents under this category but this one won me over!

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

This is a sexy one! I was shopping for colognes for my brother and came upon this. Very nice, sweet and spicy. Perfect for clubbing or a night out on the town. I would love to dance with a man who smells like this. :)

Light tobacco/ leather infused like John Varvatos in black bottle. It gives me to same vibe, but I like Ferragamo better. It's lighter, cleaner, but unfortunately, it doesn't last very long.

Minity Meo
Minity Meo

I think that is a intense version of the original F. Very spicy, and in the drydown it's identic at original F, a little more strong. I guess that is more better than the original.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I love this scent. It is a great evening scent. Just dont over apply it. The black pepper/tonka bean juxtapositon makes this interesting. I get lots of comliments whilst wearing this and the good thing is not may people wear it so it feels unique.

Alan Felipe
Alan Felipe

one of my favorite frags, shows class and elegance.

The sillage and longevity are excellent, it seems the original F, but better, the best fragrance launched in the last years.

Congratulations, Salvatore Ferragamo!

umraman
umraman

Tested this yesterday. It starts off very peppery but after a while it completely changes into a floral scent with a hint of pepper lurking in the back. The lavender is the most prominent in the middle. In the dry down the pepper disappears and the lavender goes in the back with the tonka beans on top.

vertigo
vertigo

In my opinion, worse than original.
I don't get any separate notes, just a sweet artificial accord going sour ...
Strong & cloying.
Dreadful.

darvish
darvish

ماندگاری بالایی دارد اگر بوی آن را پسند کنید. به شخصه از این کار خوشم میآید.

guest_blaowbb
guest_blaowbb

If you love John Varvatos (original) but feel like you can't wear it during the day, get F Black. It is pretty much the same cologne without the cherry note and it is not as strong as Varvatos. Good fragrance for sure.

yuyulanta
yuyulanta

i got it for my bf without his opinion first, but to my surprise he like it and so does his frens, im glad id pck this one

urobian
urobian

Cute flowery-fruity combo! great projection, in some minutes you can feel the balance with the first line of the aroma and then to the ambar-spicy angle. Luminous fragance is the first adjetive.. nothing shy and manly.

This is a better point to the house F.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

With black pepper from Madagascar and tonka bean from Nigeria, this fragrance recalls a luxury safari without the mosquito netting.

ebi_affection
ebi_affection

Best of the best.
You must wait about 1 hour to understand what it has.
A unique and masculine.

guest_wow
guest_wow

on first smell i said.. wtf!?!
On second smell i said.. get this thing out of me.. (puke)
After one hour.. this thing sux damn..

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Salvatore Ferragamo F by Ferragamo Black fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Salvatore Ferragamo F by Ferragamo Black, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify F by Ferragamo Black by Salvatore Ferragamo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of F by Ferragamo Black by Salvatore Ferragamo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.