Designers » R S » Woody Aromatic « Groups

F by Ferragamo Free Time Salvatore Ferragamo for men

F by Ferragamo Free Time Salvatore Ferragamo for men
dislike

F by Ferragamo Free Time Salvatore Ferragamo for men Pictures F by Ferragamo Free Time Salvatore Ferragamo for men Pictures F by Ferragamo Free Time Salvatore Ferragamo for men Pictures

The collection for men Salvatore Ferragamo is adding another edition in 2011 - F by Ferragamo Free Time. The fragrance arrives in the same flacon form as previous editions: F by Ferragamo Pour Homme and F by Ferragamo Pour Homme Black. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Polge.

Ginger Amalfi Lemon

Cardamom Pink Pepper

Vetiver Musk Virginia Cedar

The One Sport

F by Ferragamo Free Time Fragrance Reviews

MrHonest
MrHonest

Yep. Lemon, ginger and vetiver. Maybe some spices - BAM - straight up classy floor cleaner. A total lemon bomb off the top.

Don't get me wrong, it's not unpleasant, but yeeeeaaaaahhhh, it's just a citrusy Attimo. In fact, THIS one should have been called Attimo L'eau, and not the actual Attimo L'eau (for men), which is a surprisingly awesome bright, peppery floral, and damn near impossible to find anywhere on earth except in those 5 mL sample sets.

Anyway, every time I wear this, the same image comes to mind:

Do you remember that Family Guy episode when the pope comes to Peter's house? He walks through the front door, bows to the ground and kisses the floor. Mmmmmmm, lemony.

Scent - 5/10
Longevity - 6/10
Sillage - 4/10
Overall - 5/10

Terps
Terps

First Impression: To me this opens up with a dirty lemon-lime soda type of scent. Imagine having a Sprite, and a slight mist starts, and you begin to smell the rain. Once it begins to dry down, the lemon-lime vibe is still there, but instead of a fresh rain smell, I get a soapy vibe. An out of season purchase, but once the spring rolls around, I'll get a full testing in, and be back for an update. So far I like it, Free Time has an interesting uniqueness, that I'm excited to dive deeper into it.

Robwiz
Robwiz

This is a citrus/ginger/woody fragrance that manages to be light and well-balanced. It's very contemporary and gets close to the character of an aquatic and sport style fragrance. Like most SF scents for men, projection is not huge (a positive for me) and the longevity is adequate rather than outstanding.

I will be wearing this in rotation for work/business and I will delight in wearing a fragrance that's pleasant but most people I meet won't recognise! I have to say I'm impressed with the SF approach to composing men's fragrances. Judged on their merits, and not the advertising budget, they rate highly.

romansandals
romansandals

Try YSL L'Homme Libre for an "intense" version of Free Time... both are quite nice

iwhiffwaft
iwhiffwaft

I love this stuff. I really have become smitten for the whole Ferragamo line of F's and Acqua Essenziale's.

These are fragrances that should be way, way more talked about and appreciated. Made by the Master's of perfumery (read the nose behind the brand) and you can see what I mean.

This is Summer Heaven. In East Texas around June is the time I'm smelling this. I recently picked up some Virgin Island Water, Versace Pour Homme, and Artisan by John Varvatos. I already had Acqua Di Gio, Versace Eau Fraiche and myriad others.

Now those of you who say, "this gets lost in the crowd", maybe don't have the same crowd I do. In my crowd of fresh and aquatics, this and the Acqua Essenziale colonia stand out with immense satisfaction.

Both are easily worn in great heat. The heat we get here tests the limit on what is comfortable over periods of time at high temperatures. I will admit Eau Fraiche by Versace and Acqua Di Parma have been fragrances that excel. I'm fond of Virgin Island water and CKone summer 2014 for my summer vacation type scents.

But, if you are like me, you can get bored of these same old, same old's. Now, enter Ferragamo Free time. This is like Eau Fraiche, every bit as good and appropriate for the same instances. Think about the last time you had to grab Eau Fraiche for that regular summery go to and maybe, just maybe you too realize how alone it sits. There's just a lot of situations that Eau Fraiche is best suited for, and its a summer regular. It's easy to wear. This is the same, except better. Just is. If you are tired of wearing Versace Eau Fraiche for everything that it is appropriate for and want something else for those common summer occasions, pick this up.

fanzypants
fanzypants

Reminiscent of a mix between BVLGARI AQVA and BVLGARI AQVA Marine. It is a 4711 for today. I enjoy it as I find it more masculine than AQVA and slightly less lemony than Marine. While I do find AQVA pure magic, i did find it a little too soft for me, where as this is quite good. I would say it is a really great citrus aquatic. I like this type of fragrance but not love - my two go to citruses are Versace Pour Homme and Givenchy Play Sport. If I didn't have those I might get this one over the BVLGARIs or Kenzo l'eau or 4711. I think the Vetiver and Cedar give it a nice subtlety.

michael.krauser
michael.krauser

Shockingly this is total garbage. Lasts an entire 5 minutes

VILFI
VILFI

This is some weak stuff. Light on first blast, non-persuasive, non-dramatic. Gone in 60 seconds. Forgotten in a minute.

esteban747
esteban747

Ferragamo Free Time is like a breeze of early spring. Invigorating and clear.
Lemon and ginger are straight forward, the vetiver joins a few minutes later.
If you are one of those "lemon smells like furniture cleaning", then stay away from this fragrance.
But if you love lemon and citrus scents (like I do) then you'll enjoy F free time.
It's a simple scent, nothing unique nor revolutionary. But the lemon and ginger last longer than on any fragrance that I can think.
It's not a fragrance to turn heads, but just to enjoy.

Ale
Ale

Except for the first minute, it's very similar to elder brother "Ferragamo F Pour Homme".
Good quality.

februaryxiv
februaryxiv

I just bought this earlier and it was amazing! A very citrusy, youthful and fresh scent. I love the whole package of this scent from the first spray of the day until everything dries up. It leaves a very pleasant scent for me. Definitely a must have for younger teens as it's not over powering and will give you a very pleasant smell. like a fresh lemon. I will recommend it to friends and people I know! :)

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

nice, fresh, sour, citrus.. summer hot day. lasted longer then I expected! I am pleased with it. :)

Nothing to dislike here really! Straight up citrus and a clean slightly green vetiver in there with average staying power and pleasant drydown. Not bad...but lost in the crowd.

Nick M
Nick M

A fine, safe citrus; not very woody. It should be cheaper in my opinion, because there are much better options at this price.

EDIT: This is more reasonably priced now and definitely worth checking out if you're looking for something casual and light.

It's ginger, it's citrus. It's fresh & clean. For fans of sporty scents and Light Blue.

nicholassua
nicholassua

this is really nice scent, i love it, fresh
it is somehow similar to Gianfranco Ferre Bluemusk, a more pepper version

lfmars98
lfmars98

Totally forgettable scent. Nothing special to say the least. No scent trail and last maybe 4 hours tops. It's a fresh citrus scent; very boring. Do not waste your money on this!!!!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Undistinguished. It opens with gingery citrus notes, and smells clean/fresh/sporty for a few hours. Then it's gone.

There are any number of scents on the market that have this exact same olfactory signature. Free Time smells like what jaded reviewers call a "Calone Clone." Oceanic/marine/fresh... to my nose boring.

If you are a small insect walking across the body part you have sprayed this upon, then it has sillage. Otherwise not.

"Safe for the office" - a place where tedium reigns. Fits right in.

Nice bottle. Looks kind of like a Star Trek prop, or what a house stager would put atop a beach house bedroom dresser.

FragrantAl87
FragrantAl87

Ferragamo Free Time has summer written all over it. If you want something citrus that's nonlinear, this is it.

Opening: Right from the start Ferragamo is quite citrusy, I love ginger in fragrances. This one reminds me a bit of Polo's No. 3 Big Pony, which I had for awhile and loved. Smells like iced tea, its wonderful.

Sillage: Good, about 1-3 feet for 1-3 hours on me.

Longevity: Respectable, about 2-5 hours. And I love how it changes from citrusy iced tea to a sweet woodsy peppery smell after about 20 minutes on me.

Gripes: Leaves a bit of a residue on my skin, but really its minimal. Wish it lasted a bit longer.

Best for: Definitely a good spring or summertime, warm weather day wear.

Overall: The thing I love about Free Time is that it opens like a lemonade, then changes into a long island Iced Tea. Some creamy vetiver, sweet cardamom and pepper step in and everything changes. You're at a beachside cabana with a spicy ginger mojito in your hand, watching the sunset and feeling the cool ocean breeze. As close to a vacation in a bottle as you can get.

Jun0711
Jun0711

This cologne is bitter lemony.This is good for Summer season casual wearing

Csakahc
Csakahc

It's a good fragrance, but not excellent. I like it, because it is fresh and a little bit sweet at the same time. The longevity is not very good for me, but it's ok because I mostly use it at day-time. This fragrance is fine for simple day-time activity, but nothing more.

jinming123
jinming123

i really love it ,it feel free ,so sweet and comfortable~

scentury

Olivier Polge is a good perfumer and his Ferragamo F series is quite pleasant. Not outstanding, mind you, but mostly suitable for the office.
However, in my opinion, the latest edition, F Free Time, is the weakest of the lot. It vaguely resembles Issey Miyake, also weak and boring.
For me, the best is F Black, with its peppery scent, followed by F Red.

scentury

For me, the best is F Black, with its peppery scent, followed by F Red.

evilspin
evilspin

Soprry folks but does not smell like Acqua Di Gio. If Acqua Di Gio smelled like this, I would have been a fan of the overly hyped Acqua Di Gio. If there is any similarity, its the Lemon notes since day wear/Sport fragrances usually contain citrus notes.

fresh_scents
fresh_scents

Mmm. Only if I'm running low on a gym fragrance, and I can purchase this from a deep discount retail chain. Otherwise, there is no burning motivation to purchase it.

lowlight
lowlight

For me, this is a great fragrance to take to the gym with you. After a hard workout and a shower, the lemon and ginger invigorate the mind and body. After a few hours, it dries down to a nice musky/woody smell, which is pleasing in a different way.

e.anderson
e.anderson

Walking through Macy's looking for something for springy but not 212 men fresh cut grass (with a chemical side to it) and after describing what I was looking for the second thing she showed me was "Free Time." The citrus tone had me hooked lemon but a sweet lemon but with a ginger and pepper hit to it (I tend to prefer spicy.) After a few more minutes something oddly reminiscent struck me. Kind of like the your first serious cologne in high school, less fruitiness with a masculine edge to it, I like that the citrus fades to the background but still lingers, if you are getting really close even hours later there is a slight scent of the acidity of a lemonade. I think it has a nice day wear for spring time it may be a little generic (it really does bring back something from high school) but it is a smell that I have not noticed in a while so I believe it could stand out for a day time wear.

nightwish2011
nightwish2011

Smelled this one at Nordstrom...I didn't really like it. Too artificial smelling for me. I was hoping I would like it because I really enjoy their Black edition.

kappaz
kappaz

Very boring scent. A definite pass.

brandonnn
brandonnn

Why do people complain things aren't original on this site so often? This smells amazing and is a perfect summer scent, no one will really have it, and I'm not a big fan of the whole citrus scents which this does have but after about 15min of wearing it you cant smell it anymore and it just smells good! Very FRESH

cyber861
cyber861

بویه زنجبیل و لیمو به شدت خود نمایی میکنه.کاره جالبیه.حسه تازگی به آدم میده

$$
$$

Smells like ARMANI CODE SUMMER!When u first spray it fruity then armani.

alabangcute
alabangcute

smells like acqua di gio. not very original.

Free Time is a mellow scent. It's very clean and fresh from start to finish. Ginger, Cardamom, and Pink Pepper may indicate the spiciness but it's not spicy. It's actually fizzy and cool. Lemon is tangy sweet and watery; making the scent slightly aquatic, in my opinion. Later the scent turns light peppery woody, and it's a bit like a cross between Declaration by Cartier and Issey Miyake Summer edition. A nice balance of everything and can be easily worn anytime.

antonpan
antonpan

This one is very changeable fragrance. It starts with the fresh note of grapefruit peel, but 10 seconds later becomes gingery in the way of Dior Homme Sport (or Burberry Sport), maybe less juicy. Soon F Free Time varies again and woody peppery drydown comes into effect. This is a typical mainstream citrusy spicy scent: well done and structured(so it deserves the price Ferragamo asks for it), but... boring and unmemoralbe. The sillage is average or below average, the longevity is OK. To sum up I should say F Free Time has nothing common with original F Pour Homme and F Black, except the name of the line.

Brettyboy

I have given this another couple of tries and it really has grown on me. I have said before, i think i suffer from anticipation fatigue. Quite often i will get a new fragrance in the post, spray and then five minutes later....nothing. But after a little mourning/regret stage i often give things another go and smell the fragrance in all its glory.
The drydown is lovely. After the sparkling citrus topnotes have faded the ginger and tonka/musk come into play leaving a nice trail. I can see this becoming summer staple.

vertigo
vertigo

Indeed, a very nice one.
Simple and utterly pleasant.
Citruses, pink pepper, vetiver.
Sparkling and spicy.
Not innovative, but a great choice for summer days.
I enjoy it on my own skin even.

They really could launch it as a separate fragrance, not a flanker. I hope it's not a limited edition.

Brettyboy

I tried this today in Harrods and really enjoyed it. To my nose (and especially after seeng the notes on here) it is along the same lines as Bleu de chanel but with a little more sparkle to it. i am not sure about the lasting power as i had nose fatigue by the end of my smell-a-thon.

UPDATE: I purchased this online and have given it a proper wearing. I was slightly off saying that it was similar to Bleu de Chanel. It is to my nose,closer to Dior homme sport/Burberry sport ice. in fact, i am very surprised they did not call it F sport for men. It has a great sparkle of an opening and then just kind of goes away all of a sudden. I would say i feel slightly let down but what did i expect???

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Salvatore Ferragamo F by Ferragamo Free Time fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Salvatore Ferragamo F by Ferragamo Free Time, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify F by Ferragamo Free Time by Salvatore Ferragamo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of F by Ferragamo Free Time by Salvatore Ferragamo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.