Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

Sandalo Santa Maria Novella for women and men

Sandalo Santa Maria Novella for women and men
dislike

Sandalo Santa Maria Novella for women and men Pictures

Sandalo by Santa Maria Novella is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men.

Sandalo Fragrance Reviews

AveParfum
AveParfum

Sandalo begins smelling nothing like sandalwood to the point where it's hard to believe it will evolve into sandalwood. From prior experience with Santa Maria Novella, I know to wait it out. At first it smells like a really nice, sweet citrus, like the flesh of an orange, but with a transparent, whispy feel. Soon I notice an unexpected medicinal note that I am not too fond of. The more I scrutinize, the more it seems herbal, perhaps like eucalyptus leaves, a note I avoid like the plague. I don't like it in nature, and I don't like it in perfume. Development takes a long time--the herbal heart lasted about two hours. I still can't believe I am saying this because I don't even like eucalyptus, but the longer it was on my skin, the more it grew on me (no pun intended).

Ever-so-slowly, a serene woodiness creeps in, still not sandalwood, and the scent warmed on my skin and projected very clearly, yet unobtrusively, from my wrist for hours. It took 2-3 hours before I began to smell the incredible creaminess of real sandalwood. At that point, I was definitely swooning. While the eucalyptus note ultimately faded into non-existence, the orange did not. The scent of orange remained on my skin, perfectly combined with sandalwood, for the entire 8+ hours the perfume lasted.

Sandalo doesn't smell like incense sticks, and it's not smoky. I highly doubt that sandalwood incense sticks are made with real sandalwood anyway, since the wood is so costly and somewhat hard to come by these days, especially the Mysore variety. I have smelled Mysore sandalwood essential oil. You really have to relax and inhale gently to even smell it. It is not heavy nor intense. The creaminess of real sandalwood seems peanutty, but it's subtle. It's an inherant creminess that does not smell anything like coconut, amber nor vanilla, although perfumers use these notes to give more oomph in a composition. Once it dries down, Sandalo nails the scent profile of Mysore sandalwood quite perfectly, better than any other perfume I know of. It's like sniffing pure Mysore sandalwood mixed with a hint of sweet orange. The base is a soft, woody scent that is completely unisex and lends a feeling of tranquility.

Sandalo smells uplifting because there are no dark notes. There is no oud to darken it into a wood that matches expectations better, no pepper, no patchouli, no incense. In this regard, I find it different from other sandalwood perfumes on the market. I will eventually add a bottle to my collection, but on this particular occasion I left with a bottle of Tam Dao EDP. In all honesty, I wish I had purchased Sandalo.

Mancorp
Mancorp

As with the vetiver from this perfumer, the dominant note is rosewood. In the drydown there is the barest hint of creamy sandalwood, but that's all there is.

rfablarage
rfablarage

For me , it´s a Perfect Santal than i smeel in the india shop !!
A very beautyfull Wood , subtil but with presence and power !!!
Try it !!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Santa Maria Novella Sandalo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Santa Maria Novella Sandalo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sandalo by Santa Maria Novella. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sandalo by Santa Maria Novella represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano L`Artisan Parfumeur Fou d`Absinthe Santa Maria Novella Potpourri Santa Maria Novella Vetiver Annick Goutal Myrrhe Ardente Santa Maria Novella Patchouli L`Occitane en Provence Eau des Baux Santa Maria Novella Muschio (Musc) Diptyque Tam Dao Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady Bvlgari Black Le Labo Vetyver 46 Bond No 9 New Haarlem Tiziana Terenzi Ecstasy Annick Goutal Nuit Etoilee Montale Aoud Collection - Red Aoud Etat Libre d`Orange Fat Electrician Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur Lalique Encre Noire Serge Lutens Arabie