Designers » R S » Chypre « Groups

Snuff Schiaparelli for men
dislike

smoky
Snuff Schiaparelli for men Pictures Snuff Schiaparelli for men Pictures

Snuff by Schiaparelli is a Chypre fragrance for men. Snuff was launched in 1977. Top notes are bergamot, fruity notes, green notes and lavender; middle notes are vetyver, carnation, jasmine, geranium, sandalwood, patchouli, orris root and pine; base notes are oak moss, amber, vanille, olibanum, myrhh and leather.

Bergamot Fruity Notes Green Notes Lavender

vetyver Carnation Jasmine Geranium Sandalwood Patchouli Orris Root Pine

oak moss Amber Vanille Olibanum Myrhh Leather

Snuff Fragrance Reviews

icecube

As I now have this very special perfume - I would like to give fragranticans the possibility to experience it to.
Small decants for sale - just pm me.

icecube

About the launch of Snuff.
I am quite sure this was made and launched during Elsa Sciaparellis high-time - would guess 40/50ies.
It probably got relaunched 1977 - this was made with many of her perfumes. I have myself several bottles from her first perfume S - first launched 1928 - the bottles I have is from the relaunch 1961 and the perfume is supposed to be exactly the same as the 1928 ones (a pity the bottles is not the same).
Regarding Snuff I would personaly like to have one of the 1977 one with the pipe on the top of the bottle - both fun and georgerouse. So if someone have this I can swap against a plastic wrapped bottle of S in perfect condition.
Well I did a little research and Snuff was launched 1939 - apparently the first male perfume she did.
At the same time I searched E-bay for Snuff and guess what I found - just the one with the big pipe that I wanted. So now I am a very proud owner of it. Well it was very far from cheap but so is the life of a perfumeaddict (and I am not even a man),
I was quite big so I guess I can swap (or sell) some samples for interested Fragranticans.

Ludomat
Ludomat

a shame that they discontinued it. I loved it.

David_Pearce
David_Pearce

You say that "Snuff was launched in 1977", but I am very confused about your claim.

There are American magazine advertisements for Snuff available on eBay that were printed in 1954, and I'm sure the parfum is even older than that.

Please check your details or explain the date you cite.

Thanks!

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Snuff by Schiaparelli is a really solid and nice woody-herbal aromatic fougère quite on the formal, mature and refined side; mostly centered on mossy notes, herbs, tobacco, lavender, carnation, balsamic-resinous-piney notes, iris. Not a powerhouse for sure, and not even a “dark fougère” with loads of bitter leather like many other scents of its era. There’s some leather here too, but Snuff is more bright and balsamic, more about herbs, woods and pine, with a gentle floral and slightly shady “barbershop” side. It has a really elegant feel of mellow softness all over, which reminds me of Hermès Equipage: that same type of “tobacco bag” smell, which evokes the effortless and relaxed elegance of a gentleman’s weekend. Oddly enough though, it also – and more strongly - reminds me of another scent which has quite a much different mood: the ultra-cheap yet underrated youngster Haschish pour Homme by Veejaga. Try it; I’ve both here around, and to me they share quite a lot of common notes, with two really similar drydowns. Snuff is just a bit darker and more formal initially, and overall smells perhaps a bit more “expensive”, but they’re really close. Well anyway, a solid and totally pleasant fougère, worthy a try, but sadly apparently nearly impossible to find.

7,5-8/10

brian.cloutier1
brian.cloutier1

this is the ultimate Earthy mans fragrance, impossible to find now!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Schiaparelli Snuff fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Schiaparelli Snuff, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Snuff by Schiaparelli. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Snuff by Schiaparelli represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Gucci Gucci No 3 Gucci Gucci No 1 Givenchy Givenchy Gentleman Acqua di Parma Acqua di Parma Colonia Gucci Gucci pour Homme Givenchy Ysatis Catherine Deneuve Deneuve Paloma Picasso Paloma Picasso Giorgio Armani Armani Maurer & Wirtz 4711 Original Eau de Cologne Diptyque 34 boulevard Saint Germain Christian Dior Diorella Guerlain Chamade Emanuel Ungaro Diva Guerlain Heritage Eau de Toilette Chanel Chanel No 5 Eau de Toilette Guerlain Samsara Extrait Jean Patou Patou pour Homme Yohji Yamamoto Yohji Homme