Designers » R S » « Groups

L'Eau de Paille Serge Lutens for women and men
dislike

herbal
smoky

L'Eau de Paille by Serge Lutens is a fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. L'Eau de Paille was launched in 2016. The fragrance features hay, vetiver and incense.

Hay Vetiver Incense

#Hashtag

L'Eau de Paille Fragrance Reviews

Very aromatic, green, vetiver scent. Oriental scents are not in my style, but I have to admit that this one is very pleasant.

gelo999
gelo999

Woodsy fragrance with a herbal touch of very prominent hay and synthetic terribly screaming and squeaking in my nostrils as an ungreased door and looks nothing like the smell of hay.

Drying smoked vetiver is more pleasant and dry but says nothing.
Finally, another fiasco more with Lutens.

It happens with many low-quality designer are so synthetic and so unnatural that my nose rejects outright.

If at least I understand it was cheap, but it is not.

Rating: 2

antonpan
antonpan

This one smells as a typical modern mass market fresh masculine fragrance. Ultra synthetic freshness in the direction of PR Invictus and CK Eternity Now.

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

This smells very good. I find it masculine, like a fresh new spin on earthy lavender but fresh. Just sampled from lucky scent and I'm liking it a lot right noe

rumtumtugger
rumtumtugger

On my skin, L'Eau de Paille starts very interesting with rosy-floral notes with a slight citrus touch (based on citronellol in a good mix of enantiomers?). It is very refreshing and is a nice alternative for after-shower freshness for men instead of overly intense woody ambers and dihydromyrcenol.

Coumarin and oakmossy notes (evernyl) push through within minutes and after about 10 - 15 minutes, the whole, nice fresh thing collapses into an aromatic fougère of a softened "Cool Water" type. It does not smell bad—but very mainstream. No surprises in the drydown.

So this one is for you, if you want to smell different than all the other guys in the gym after the shower but need to wear something streamlined by the time you get back to your (banking or tax accounting) office. [Then again: who would take along a Serge Lutens perfume to the gym?]

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

Oh no ! SL you break my heart.
Utterly overpowering male cologne like 1 Million or some crappy things that are released nowadays.
Totally generic, "in your face" and has absolutely nothing to share with the rest of the SL frags family : no complexity, no emotion, no story... And worst of all, no subtelty.

NO WAY !!

(sorry for you guys that love it, but this is not what i expect from SL)

shiva-woman
shiva-woman

Based on the "purported" notes only, I was "IN LOVE," and thought SL and I were back in business. (While I liked Orpheline considerably more than the reviewers--like Bois de J. et al. Kafa*** etc., I was one of the few that did of his new line). But his l'eaus etc., generally have not sent me to a happy place).

So, I "blind purchased" it. However this scent did not agree with me at all, and, while I still think scents are not gendered, L'Orpheline et al. seem more geared to men--and smell better on my fiance'(my other tester). I think it's the hay-vetiver combination. Perhaps SL is making a departure from strictly unisex perfumes--though each will have to determine that for HIM or HERself. It is a strong vetiver (and while I like L.T. Piver very much, I'm not that into strong vetiver. Overall When I wore it, I found it dry--not wet, yes, in keeping with his copy, but not dry-acrid (which would appeal). Just dry itchy. On the "tester subject," I found it juicier and sweeter--a gentle low natural sweetness--like fresh cut sugar cane. Hmmmm. On my own skin, I was just dying to get a whiff of that (but didn't)--just a sort of male limey-vetiver aftershave smell. On "tester guinea"--I really began to like it, finding it warmer,masculine, and modern, "French subdued" (there are no powders here). There is a quiet skin-scent "controlled" aspect to it. I associate many traditional French scents, as having greater force, silage, leaving long trails of longing behind. This one is more an occasional whiff of warm grassiness; too, it blends green elements into the sweetness.

So, on me it was VETIVER with citrus (bergamot?) aspect and a low unappealing musk dry-down. All that makes Chergui quite lovely is simply not in here (for those hoping for a lighter brighter Chergui): Chergui lovers-- "fuggedaboutit." I also don't smell "cereal" smells or any of that lovely dry grass essence that I do catch in say, Jeux de Peau (one of my favs); if you want cereal, that's the one to go for. On me this was fresh, even green, cold; on "Tester guinea"--I quite liked it, so he gets the bottle. Darn. On me, this smells "drugstore unmemorable" with nil silage and longevity. On the tester, it lasted about 10-12 good hours. The fourth hour was fading fast into a trace skin scent. So it is ephemeral,low silage--not opulent, or too fantastic scent that does not come across at all as sexy but rather simultaneously crisp and warm, green-grass light and sweet notes. Goes well with crisp cotton/linen. Spring summer scent.

I ordered Paille direct from SL in Paris and Surrender TC now has it too for those of you wanting to try before buying (and I really, really recommend you do that).

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

The opening of L’Eau de Paille is mostly tonka beans with a smidgen of lavender, not dissimilar to most conventional fougere men’s cologne. After about 1 hour, the tonka steps down and becomes a discreet sweet background for an aromatic, herbal citrus note to stand at the front. Since it’s usually the citrus gives way to tonka in the dry down, this development is quite a surprise to me. Later on, L’Eau de Paille doesn’t have any substantial changes, only turns slightly warmer with time.

The sillage is moderate to soft, and the longevity is around 8 hours.

Although the reverse of citrus and tonka bean did surprise me, I still find L’Eau de Paille disappointing to me. On one hand, I’m not fan of most fougere fragrances, so this part is entirely on me; on the other hand, I didn’t find the interpretation of ‘hay’ as interesting as the mineral, edgy aldehyde in Laine de Verre, or the cold, minty incense in L’Eau Froide. If smelt with eyes closed, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone told me it’s from a commercial brand. If you happen to be looking for a conventional fougere type men’s cologne, I think L’Eau de Paille would work fine. However, if you’re interested in exploring the Lutens brand, I think you can save your time by skipping it.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Serge Lutens L'Eau de Paille fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Serge Lutens L'Eau de Paille, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Eau de Paille by Serge Lutens. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Eau de Paille by Serge Lutens represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.