Designers » R S » Chypre Floral « Groups

Eau du Soir Sisley for women

Eau du Soir Sisley for women
dislike

I have it: 735 I had it: 247 I want it: 557 My signature: 36

Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures Eau du Soir Sisley for women Pictures

Eau du Soir is the second perfume by the house of Sisley and it is feminine, elegant and eternal. Its complex and rich composition is based on perfect harmony of contrasted lines: fresh citrus, sensual flowers, warm amber and musk. The bottle, with its golden stopper (made of 18 karat gold), was designed by Polish sculptor Bronisław Krzysztof. The top notes are mandarin orange, grapefruit, spruce and carnation. The heart consists of seringo, jasmine, rose and lily-of-the-valley. Musk, amber and patchouli are in the base. Countess Isabelle d’Ornano was given Eau de Soir as a gift by her husband, count Hubert d'Ornano in 1990. The count created a unique floral composition in the centre of which was Spanish flower seringa. Its fragrance, as in the case of many other types of white flowers, radiates an intense scent through night air and attracts night butterflies to pollinate it. The perfume was created to remind countess of her childhood in Spain. The name was chosen because of night flower seringe (in French, soir means evening). For several years Eau de Soir was countess' personal perfume and it was no sooner than 1999, after her friend persuaded her, that it was released for public. Eau du Soir was created by Jeannine Mongin, Hubert d'Ornano and Isabelle d'Ornano.

Grapefruit Mandarin Orange

Carnation iris Jasmine French labdanum Ylang-Ylang Patchouli oak moss Rose Lily-of-the-Valley Juniper Pepper Syringa

Musk Amber

Knowing

Eau du Soir Fragrance Reviews

ChrisInBrooklyn
ChrisInBrooklyn

This is a really lovely and mature fragrance! It is an absolute subtle luxury; a more elegant, refined and *effervescent* marriage of vintage Aromatics Elixir and Paloma Picasso! It also reminds me of Cabochard in the dry down. This is what Aromatics Elixir wishes it was. Where AE screeches with its greenness, EdS actually IS a subtle and dynamic elixir.

cecfor
cecfor

I tried this from a store in 2013. It was difficult in the beginning as I can find many oakmossy frags to be although oakmiss is a basenote. After quite a while it was a spicy bliss, one of the best I have tried. After a year I bought 2014 version. It was not at all that difficult in the beginning, but it was also not as delicious in the base. I still love it, but it is not as good as I remember. What I think happened is that they toned down oakmoss and amped up patchouli.....

rakan1985

too feminine for me
patchouli scent

kjana
kjana

i like this one a lot. it says "i am a strong womand and you better not mess with me" - it is a mature, powerful affair.
for some reason this diappears quickly on me although everyone says this is long lasting (other scents do not do this to me) - however i am contemplating buying it. i tried it twice and it has personality and also is a bit mischievous which i like.

DracheMitch
DracheMitch

It smells like that time when you were 7or 8 and you used your mother's expensive bath oil. It is very "clean". This fragrance feels decadent, slightly vintage in a "they don't make fragrances like this anymore" way; totally couture. There's no aldehydes, so you avoid that "old" vibe. There's tension between the soft, sweet florals and the tender, bitter herbs. This is the fragrance equivalent of a Chanel suit being worn to lunch at Gramercy Tavern. RICH!

La DameDeNoir
La DameDeNoir

For me, this smells like a fancier, more refined, richer versión of Clinique Aromatics Elixir (the vintage one).

It is a perfume with a tremendous personality, although not agressive, and very sumptuous, although not vane. It is like a very elegant, mature lady (or gentelman) dressed for a grand soirée in the Paris Opera House. Its countenance is severe, but also polite.

It is said that Eau du Soir's creator, the French-Polish aristocrat Isabelle d'Ornano, took her inspiration for this perfume from the Arab-Spanish gardens of the Reales Alcázares in Seville. Among the many beautiful plants and flowers here, there was a wisteria bush which attracted particullary her attencion. The fact that the flowers were already closed, because the sun had set long time ago, but were still emanating a strong perfume, intrigued her deeply.

Eau du Soir is very rich, deep, iris-like and chypre-like, with a herbal quality. It is very long lasting and has a good sillage. There is nothing in it which recalls lilac or wisteria, but there is an undeniable twilight-like, wooded feeling in it. To smell it is like to contemplate a melancholic landscape painted by Modesto Urgell, or a Spanish garden portrayed by Santiago Russiñol in that magical, blue hour.

The piece of bad news is the price. Even considering this is exquisite is terribly expensive.

mrstewart1969
mrstewart1969

One of my favourite perfumes of all time. I switch between Eau de Soir and Diva by Ungaro as my signature scents. I couldn't live without either one!

I love the fresh, sparkling, green opening of Eau de Soir so much. And it gets better as it develops - the heavy woodsy, herby, aromatic chypre loveliness stays with you all day. A lot of my scarves/coats have absorbed this scent and it's heavenly. It's a rich, luxurious, beautiful, original scent, but still a true classic floral chypre. And as I have said in my other 'chypre' reviews, it gives me the sense of 'coming home at last' and of being 'at one with myself'. To me, these are the feelings I am always chasing when trying out scents. I can appreciate many perfumes for their smell alone but I would never buy them unless I get this reaction!

For me, Eau de Soir is an expensive purchase, and I usually only receive it as a gift from my generous hubby. Very gratefully received too...I get compliments on this one but not as many as when wearing Diva. I have converted my sister to it and we are now Eau de Soir addicts, when we are in the money, which is not very often. : )

mystica

Smells just like fresh, green dollars... 100 ones to be specific.

ElizabethCorey
ElizabethCorey

It gives me a retro feeling. I love it. This woody scent is awesome. It s lasting, strong, it goes great with my skin. It s complex, it s heavy on chypre. A perfect option for evening.

nguyễn.nhung
nguyễn.nhung

I blind bought it on Fragrancenet. Absolutely dissapointed. It dries quickly on my skin, even on my scarf. Lolita Lempicka is long lasting than it. Its smell like my old hair lotion.

ndenman137
ndenman137

I've got it as a gift, so tried to like it, but it was not to be((. One of my friends used to wear it (she loved it!) , but I could hardly smell it on her and never liked it. Would never buy it for myself!
I wear it sometimes mostly because it disappears on me very quickly. Stays a bit longer on a woolen scarf. Nobody ever noticed it on me, even when I used a lot.
Yes, it is woody, spicy and warm, but way too soapy for me. Reminds me of an old washing powder (modern washing powders smell better than this perfume).
Sorry about the negative review, but this is how it was for me!

AllieJ
AllieJ

I've always had trouble with oakmoss - most "classic" or vintage chypres smell awful on me. (Sole exception: Acqua di Parma Il Profumo, which I adore.) I got this one in a swap and I have to say I'm very impressed. Yes, I smell oakmoss more than anything else, but it doesn't go the seemingly inevitable either overly sharp or musty alternative routes on me. This smells like a very classic chypre, without being overpowering or feeling too out-of-date for regular use. I think I'm actually going to put it in with my spring collection to mix things up there a bit since I'm very heavy on the florals in spring - it is quite a lovely scent. Thank you perfumeaddict777!!

For The Love of Perfume

I have to review this one again. yes, the first spray is very heavy and strong, but after an hour or so, is when this fragrance is at it's best! Again, I asked my mom what she thought and she said that it is quite nice, with just a hint of soapiness. A far cry from the old and mustiness smell she had stated before..lol. I have to say, I really enjoy this now. It is very classy, timeless and elegant and which also has a vintage vibe to it and it lasts so long. I am glad that I did not get rid of this little gem :)

Kalitera
Kalitera

We used to take a night train to the seaside, and I remember opening the window and smelling, no, literally - inhaling aromas of the night - the pine trees, grass and all the greenness and herbage surrounding the trails... you know, vegetation smells very distinctly at nighttime, and I just couldn't get enough of it!

Eau de Soir is exactly that - very fresh and very herbal, at the same time it's not "nature child" type of fragrance. It is truly elegant, classy and feminine.

Elsi
Elsi

I concur with @Perfumeaddict 77 that this is a beautiful, elegant and well-executed chypre. Sadly for me, the better the chypre, the worse it smells on me (which I have concluded is due to skin chemistry). Luckily, my mum wears chypres well, so I bought her this fragrance and it's one of her favourites

Perfumeaddict777
Perfumeaddict777

I was never really a lover of chypre's until recently. I find that i love oakmoss too; when it's done right. This perfume is an example of a perfect chypre and a perfectly done oakmoss. This is classy . This perfume is an aquired taste, just as caviar isn't delicious to some, this perfume is not delicious to everyone. I find it wonderful and nostalgic. It smells like leaves, dusty wooden cabinets, fall air, vases of flowers. As soon as i put this on i was reminded of my childhood. When i was between 7-9 we moved into a new house. It was October. Me and my sister and brother were walking around our new neighborhood. Stepping on dead leaves that had fallen off the trees around us on the side walk. Picking flowers out of our neighbors flower garden and leaving her a bouquet on her porch, lol. Walking into the house and seeing mom opening the cabinets and the dust was whisking around. The wooden staircase had a smell, Windows open blowing chilly October air in the house. All those scents are in this perfume. All those memory's in complete detail came back as if it just happened. This perfume is a lovely memory for me. To me it is perfect for the fall. Longevity is outstanding, 24 hours on my skin. Sillage fills a room for the first 10 minutes then is an arms length for a good 30 minutes. After that it radiates around me like a beautiful hedge. One of the first chypre's i fell for!!

SCBohemian
SCBohemian

Eau de Soir is an absolute treasure! The opening mandarin and grapefruit notes crescendo into freshly cut spruce and lily of the valley blossoms, followed by powdery patchouli, sandalwood, and oak moss. The sharp citrus notes juxtaposed with the lush floral and woody musk base make this EDP unforgettable. Moments after spraying, it unfurls into a comforting and ethereal fragrance.

Eau de Soir exudes luxury, but not in a garish way. It is discreet, sophisticated, understated. Wish I could bathe in this soapy chypre! Sillage is above average; longevity is 7+ hours. Perfectly unisex. Eau de Soir has become my signature perfume for spring and summer. Get yourself a bottle of this classic beauty--and be prepared for many compliments!

Italo Paz
Italo Paz

Holy moly! I never thought I'd love this one like I do now. It's such a classy and powerful smell that I can't even put into words. Easily a 10/10.

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

Sniffed at Nordstrom and fell in love!
Bought a bottle off of eBay. So not right. Didn't smell anything like I recalled. So sad. Guess I'll request a bottle from an actual retailer for my bday.

kristelg
kristelg

I recently discovered this amazing fragance and fell in love with it. But, I got an older bottle (2008) from eBay and the smell is not as good as my small tester. I read about the oakmoss levels used to be much higher so maybe that is the reason this bottle doesn't live up to my expectations? Or maybe it just turned bad as it is 8 years old and I got it without the box. The strange thing is it smells fine on a paper strip but not on my skin. Will keep using my small tester and buy a full brand new bottle when it is finished. Because it really is gorgeous!!

And if anyone thinks the not so yummy smell on my skin is the oakmoss and is interested in swapping, send me a message!

kl99
kl99

It was born in 1990 but is a classic chypre across 1975 and 1985.

In fact to me is very similar to Paloma Picasso (which is a bit more warm, animal and sensual) and remind me of Coriandre also.

So, this scent is not original or unique, but it is surely High Class.
High society woman style. A woman living in an historical house into the woods. Precious fornitures. Dressing Chanel, Jil Sander.

Very Good Fragrance but defects of seriousness and coldness in my opinion.

Cerulean
Cerulean

★★★★½

A 90s female chypre nostalgia drenched in class, sensual and well executed, signature scent material.

I found a vintage mini bottle and I splashed this beauty on and I drifted back to an elegant upscale shopping avenue, surrounded by beautiful elegant women with their shopping bags and their youthful character walking past me.

Mossy, musky and well blended, with a longevity to the likes of the masterpieces of the past and a prominent but not in your face sillage, this is an ideal gift to a woman over 25. A European retro air to surround her and her elegant Hermes outfit.

I always appreciate scents that evoke emotions within me, and this is definitely one of them.

chyprespace
chyprespace

Is there anyone else who would say this is the female version of Azzaro? It reminds me very strongly of a cologne a man whom I used to know used to wear, but I am not sure that it was Azzaro. In any case, the resemblance to me to this one men's cologne is absolutely striking. It is a fresh warm green chypre, like Scherrer without the stank.

For The Love of Perfume

I had bought this on a blind buy and because of the reviews. I put a little on in the morning and went to my mother's house and she asked, "What is that moldy smell?" It smells old and musty. Needless to say I was embarrassed. We both had a good laugh!
I spent a lot of money on this perfume. I really value my mom's opinion on fragrances. She grew up as a Chanel girl.
The first initial blast I must say is very heady and chrype. Maybe a new formulation?? After a few hours when it is almost gone is when the fragrance is at its best.....sorry this one did not work for me.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

The bottle is pure luxury with the golden head of Venus. But the scent is just as luxurious. This bottle contains a magic spell which can only work it's magic in the night as you walk out among other people whose fragrances can't hold a candle next to this one. This is a beautiful evening cologne of nocturnal beauty. The musk and patchouli and amber at the base are working their magic. The aroma is green and a tad like incense with strong musk but it does also have a very heady flowery smell. The rose, iris, lily of the valley and jasmine as well as French labdanum keep it floral enough for me. These are flowers that are blooming in the dark under moonlight. This is a gorgeous absolutely divine fragrance, a real masterpiece. To me, it evokes a classical work of art, the Venus de Milo or Boticelli's Birth of Venus. There is something about it that smells feminine in a mature and classy way like a woman you admire from a far or like you would a sculpture. You never want to get too close but she keeps drawing you nearer and nearer because you'd like to see exactly what she's made of. The scents are each well balanced and blended. I love to smell this on myself. I hope to smell it on others.

beatrix75
beatrix75

The golden queen bold strong rich pure class .But what I feel in the beginning its kind of chocolate, dark chocolate .strange because is not listed in description but maybe the darkness or richness make me feel the chocolate ! Anyway it's elegant unique and absolutely not "old school "it's classic but modern !!!9/10

Lille Rosse
Lille Rosse

This is in my opinion the example of a perfect perfume. When I look at the glowing golden juice in its elegant crystal bottle, I see a unique soul shines through its marvelously beautiful body. It is whole and reflects the presence of an art piece.

The smell is rich, creamy and golden on my skin. Even though it has its own personality, it becomes quiet very quickly once it meets my skin. When the fragrance has settled, it starts whispering secrets of the dazzling flowers and herbs it is made of. I can hear that all of them have their own stories. And then the voices blend together in a sweet harmony. They blend so well together that they become one charming voice singing an alluring song. A magnificent song about warmth, beauty and love...

It is definitely not an every day fragrance for me. I only ever use this magic potion when I feel the need of it. Today is one of those days. After spraying it a few times I am now sitting here all enchanted and thinking about what a beautiful thing it is.

Kaththee
Kaththee

I love this perfume. My husband went on a business trip to Paris in the 90s and bought me all sorts of wonderful things and one of them was a bottle of Eau de Soir. He found it in a perfume shop on the Champs Elysees. The sales women in the shop said it was new, just released in Paris, and the "it" fragrance of the season. I had never worn or even smelled anything like it but it was love at first whiff. It sparked my interest to learned all about Chypre perfumes. I knew little about perfume except that I I had a firm dislike for perfumes I considered "strong." The Chypre family was so different from the mega popular oriental fragrances I avoided, and yet Eau de Soir did have quite a presence. I have the original bottle he gave me and later I bought a bigger size, and I decant it into the original for sentimental reasons. I love that the bottles are refillable. Most of the money goes into the bottle/packaging so it should be reusable. Maybe it was before the reformulation because it smell the same as the first bottle which was one of the first made. I have a few carded tester vials from the 90s, and they all smell like that original bottle too.

something_wild
something_wild

One of my all time favourite fragrances.
So rich, so elegant. This is a beautiful, effervescent fragrance has sweet and sour notes that sparkle on the skin. Kind of reminds me of the candy SweetTarts on my skin.
Radiant, sexy, floral, spicy, powdery, long lasting ... perfect for day and night.

Perfumelover15
Perfumelover15

One of the best perfumes. But I mean the original formula. I keep some quantity from the 90s. Elegant, lush, luxurious, rich, deep. Floral chypre at its best. I would say aristocratic too. Beautiful jasmine, patchouli, oak moss and some herbs. What you smell in the perfumeries nowadays has nothing to do with this experience.

Jyrhara
Jyrhara

I bought a 2ml miniature of Eau du Soir just to try it. The opening is amazing, lush and ultra-feminine. There is some development after that, but the drydown seems a bit lacking. Having a few vintages in my collection, I'm thinking maybe it's a faulty reformulation... I'm thinking of buying a full bottle anyway, because it makes me feel refined, and it does so for hours.

giokaal
giokaal

Amazing perfume! Soooooo long lasting!!!!! Powerful .I got it today as a present for christmas!!!!!on a set including the lotion
I believe it is pure class in a bottle !!!!it is unique yet classic!!!!
I don't care for female or male perfumes as long as their chemistry works with the skin!!!!
I m in love with this quality fragrance!!! This is my first review here! I find my self reading fragrantica blogs and reviews all night long .love this Site. It helps us to express our inner "perfumista!"!!!!!! Best present ever
Go smell it. Test it on your skin And hopefully if it does the trick it's going to be.Your new signature!!!!!!
Merry christmass and best wishes to all you
Perfume addicts!!!!

G.

nada
nada

They have finally destroyed this wonderful creation for good... Have you smelled the new bottles? All chypre is gone. Now it smell more like Soir de Lune. What a shame.

butfly23
butfly23

Just tried a sample at 49 yrs of age. Wonderful.

Would not have used in my twenties as I wasn't as intelligent of mentally mature as I am now.
So if you are in your 20's open your mind and give this a go.

Fabulous, Wonderful...............could go on forever!

mylancome

Mr. Hubert D'Ornano had passed away last Friday (25 September 2015) in the age of 89. As the creator of Eau Du Soir and being a loving husband. I wish this perfume lives on, so does his love story.

Mr. D'ornano, I will always remember how a great man you are.

emi
emi

The most beautiful Chypre I have ever smelt. So dry and woody. Love it so much.

MarikaKhodr
MarikaKhodr

My favourite green chypre with a perfect balance between the green freshness, clean soapiness and deep earthiness. No animalic features to my nose - only a slightly dark undertone. It's not linear in any way but stays true to its first character and remains dazzling from beginning to end.

This is my no 1 go to scent when having an important business meeting (no 2 is Hermes Faubourg 24). When wearing this I'm on top of the world. It's one potent juice no doubt, but the perfect balance between the freshness and earthiness makes it office friendly if you go lightly on the trigger. And it lasts all day and well into the night, which is a must for me.

mystica

Today, I unfortunately have to give a rather negative review for my beloved yet reformulated Eau du Soir.

I'm going through some hormonal changes and am able to detect notes/smells like never before. And I'm clearly able to see what reformulation actually did to this once masterpiece.

There is certainly a significant amount of decrease in the use of oakmoss (like if the ratio was %35 in the past, today it's only %1 or so), or the natural ingredient has been changed with an artificial one instead, albeit very successfully. I believe this alteration has changed the very heart of the perfume and ripped it off from its previous glamour.

Yes, we do still have a decent perfume, but I'm really not sure if Eau du Soir is that special now to deserve some 192 Euros per 50 ml as of today. I am sorry to say no...

Longevity and sillage wise the juice is still superb, but it's definitely watered down and has a slightly artificial edge to it. I will cherish my current bottle (deemed special enough as a gift for my 30th birthday) but I will not be purchasing a new one when I finish it. I am so upset over the death of European/French perfume industry because of the IFRA nonsense and/or for whatever ulterior motives.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

Thank you to a lovely Fragranctica for sending me a sample. Unfortunately on my skin I get a promising wildflower opening but ends up being hotel hand soap and lotion. Not my cup of tea.

Evelyn Orchid
Evelyn Orchid

A wise man once said to gather and hold your time as it's the only and the most precious thing one has in his possession. Holding the present in your grasp could as just signify as having few spritzes of Eau du Soir to start your most precious valuable time last. Because the truth is, perfumes have the power to reunite the present, almost inexistent, the future, only a vision and the past, the only certain point in time, in one glorious moment enjoying blissfully every bit of it. Eau du Soir is a powerful perfume, with a superb balance between the sensuality and the intensity that results in an elegant, night-ish melancholic way. Brings back memories since it has the air of something already familiar but it is exotic and rich at the same time. It's strong and confident, very classy. When I've first discovered it in the nineties, it felt like finding a well-hidden treasure in the attic. It develops into a lustful and mysteriously attractive scent, soft and warm.
It might be that EdS needs time to get to like it so it won't fullfil all your wishes and expectations at first but soon you will discover the worth of each day of the journey....

SolangeN

Wearing this a couple of days in a row revealed an interesting facet that hadn't registered to me at spritz-and-buy time.

Namely, it smells like money - and I mean it literally smells like a dollar bill. There's a metallic note running through it that evokes the specific U.S. Treasury ink and paper mix of American currency.

As it dries down, the green/juniper/moss combination creates that same leathery scent as old bills that have passed through and absorbed oils from many hands.

22Sasa22
22Sasa22

I tried this perfume yesterday after hearing about its wonderful unique smell, comments in here were also promising.

Well, I have stayed several times in Sofitel hotels around the world. Au de soir smells EXACTLY like Hermes toiletries offered by Sofitel !!!

To me, it's a very soapy smell, clean, and that's it. I don't find it as sophisticated as I have axpected it to be.

Loubella
Loubella

This was recommended by a friend and recently happily received as a Christmas present,(gift set with the body lotion and Eau De Parfum).
My good friend thought I would like it because of similarities between it and my great love Givenchy iii and it is an equally beautiful Chypre although lacking the Galbanum that is my constant throughout all of the scents I love. I do love it though,including the bright citrussy opening,herbal and fresh and then the slow unfolding of the warmer notes and the white flowers on my skin. A really well balanced fragrance though I feel not quite as complex as Givenchy iii,also does not last on me as long as I would expect for an Eau de Parfum.
Proving addictive though amd too good to keep for special occasions!

kishka
kishka

This perfume for me is one of the very best - ever!!!
I keep returning to it time after time and I always have a bottle in my fridge! Has anyone out there noticed that it is one of the few that has not been reformulted? I've only been wearing it for about 8 years and to me its not changed. Has anyone got any other views on this? Most of everthing out there has been redone....and as for the Chanels!! Coco Mademoiselle was beautiful and brilliant when it first came out - but now its like bad shampoo but with huge sillage!! No 5 is a shadow of its former self....I remember when my mother had a box of 3 Chanel no 5 soaps as a present - I used to bury my nose in the box and just inhale! (I was about 5)so what is going on out there? Any other views?

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

I don't know but that this has really grown on me. I have a bottle of this featuring real oakmoss (it was produced in 2007) that I inherited, untouched, from under my mother's bathroom sink and that I was planning to give away, swap or sell. After several trials, I've rethought that plan. I suspect the key is to use it sparingly.

The opening notes are strong and sharp and green, very heavy on the citrus. I admit that's still not too much to my taste.

But after that stage it really grows on me. It becomes warm and spicy, deep and sumptuous, like old world romance in a luscious Italian garden. Maybe that's also why it reminds me of something a sophisticated woman would wear to an opera.

Very sour on my skin! First notes were hardly bearable, but then this fragrance has developed into deep, aromatic scent, very elegant, but not in my style.

Maodo
Maodo

Looking for the best oakmoss, Eau du Soir has it. Tried it today for the first time in my life and spot on! This will be mine one day. Unfortunately it's quite pricey. Eau du Soir reminds me of the wonderful Jean Louis Scherrer de Jean Louis Scherrer. Also very (oak)mossy, but this one is more floral, less masculine. Eau du Soir has the 'royal' atmosphere that Private Collection of Estee Lauder has. Chique and elegant. Eau du Soir has a breathtaking syringa. This flower was planted in the verge of the long street where I lived as a child. I remember her purple petals and her fantastic smell in the summer when I came home from school. 'Soir' means evening. Well, I would not mind wearing this gem 24 hours a day.

EDIT:

Check this out: it's the ONLY fragrance for female out of thousands of fragrances for females on Fragrantica that has SYRINGA & OAKMOSS in it. I am baffled. Well done, Sisley!

Henriette

I truly find Luca Turin's opinion on this beauty too harsh.
I suppose he finds Eau du Soir quite dismal only because he must have sniffed some bad reformulation.
If he had sniffed Eau du Soir as it was in its original, I am sure he would be much less rude towards this lovely chypre.

The same way we are now disappointed and mourn over the lost Diorella, the long gone Vent Vert, the Aprés l'Ondée of long ago, the Bandit as it was, the original Shalimar, the Chanel N°5 as we all knew it, the Jolie Madame we first met ...

You to go on.

Endlessly, unfortunately.

Iris_it
Iris_it

I finally decided to swap Eau du Soir . I find its opening lovely for the first minutes but its heart is too harsh and pungent . The drydown has a medicinal twist and it is not pleasant at all in hot weather .There are so many chypres and much more beautiful than Eau du Soir : orginal formulas of Chanel 19 , Scherrer , Eau de Private Collection , Mitsouko ...
Well , the openings of vintage Scherrer and Chanel 19 are severe but so nose-intriguing and they live place to a wonderful velvety mixage with the florals . This feature is not present in Eau du Soir . The heart of this fragrance is harsh for no purpose .

I do not see any reason to spend a lot of money on this ( in my opinion of course ) overrated fragrance . As I did not reach for it anymore , it was time for my bottle to find a more appreciative home .

mystica

For claudia26 and others wondering if the stopper is really gold: Well no, it's rather matte gold plated and it doesn't have a material value of its own. That is to say a jeweller wouldn't pay you anything if you decided to sell it.

Also I wish they could bring back the original intensity of the oak moss in this perfume, yet we know that such reformulations are final as death. Luckily Eau du Soir is still wearable and gorgeous although a bit weaker maybe.

Edee

Well my Sisley Eau Du Soir arrived today. I love the smell. Elegant, fresh and intoxicating. It is so well blended. It really has a strong effect on my emotional and mental state. I wish the very air I breathed smelled like this. I have heard that this is considered a strong scent. It doesn't seem that strong to me. It calms down after about an hour. I can smell it on me, but it is not strong. Is this because of the restrictions on oakmoss? If it is, we must demand they bring it back. I want this scent to last for at least 12-16 hours. Yes it is that good.

Edit: Well it lasted about 8-10 hours. After 8 hours I could still smell it when I put my wrist up to my nose. It was faint, but still fabulous.

Schnickelfritz
Schnickelfritz

I have smelled this wonderfully intense scent on woman before and when I received my bottle it smelled wonderful, but by some horrible twist of fate when it touched my skin it turned into cheap motel soap! If I inhale deeply I can slightly smell the spicy, woods underneath. This makes me sad.

ChouliGaloria
ChouliGaloria

Eau du Soir is one of my four favorite chypre style perfumes.
When I spray this one on it makes me feel like a million bucks! I smell chic and unique because not everyone wears this perfume nor knows about this pretty lady. Eau du Soir is regal and beautiful and full of life!
The opening strong and herbaceous and the longevity is hours and hours with a spicy citrus warm amber and patchouli drydown. Very alluring and a perfect perfume for all of the beautiful and classy women on Earth.

SolangeN

Jean Louis Scherrer plus fir tree. A perfect green chypre.

Guest_claudia26
Guest_claudia26

PLEASE tell meif the stopper is really made out of gold.............for every bottle....like in the description above.
If anyone cane tell me Iwould be very happy, because I am thinking of buying this blind, and it is very expensive. Besides the scent, a golden stopper would justify the price.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

A beautiful and refined natural aromatic chypre perfume.
In the initial spritz it's heavy on the citrus making this a very fresh composition. The fragrance carries a strong woody note right through. Without changing in definition, along comes juniper and I swear there is sage in this although it's not mentioned. The heart of this fragrance creates a sharp and green, lemony, herbal aroma which is powerfully strong and has epic staying power.
Although I felt that this perfume initially, did not work terribly well with my body chemistry, I was compelled to smell it continuously, was constantly aware of its gorgeous and elegant aroma wafting around me and I have become hooked. There is something so aromatic, so utterly green and addictive that I am craving this.
This is class in a bottle, aloof, independent, stylish and fresh.
Longevity is outstanding, I couldn't even shower this one off me and it packs a pretty great silage too. You WILL be noticed for wearing this perfume!

happycapybara
happycapybara

Aromatic green chypre with excellent longevity and silage. Wearing this, one will leave a pleasant, fresh and herbal trail behind. I agree with Lana that this does lend a nod to La Perla (love La Perla!) However, where La Perla has an undeniable warmth about it, Eau du Soir, is cold, refined and a bit removed. I feel alert when I inhale Eau du Soir. This fragrance is very breathable and herbalistically invigorating. Elegant, soothing and refined.

mystica

Eau du Soir has been reformulated I think in 2011 or 2012. So the version I have is the reformulated one. I can say that the character of the scent is the same, the intensity and creamy feel it gives (the oakmoss) is lighter and that's the main difference from the previous formula. Other than that longevity is still very good.

Eau du Soir smells like fresh, green earth and aloe vera to me. Smelling it -and I can't stop doing that whenever I apply some- feels like comfortably lying on earth and digging my nose in the moist soil in a damp, evergreen forest in autumn. For that reason, Eau du Soir is quite a calming and cooling fragrance in hot weather. It is literally, exactly an intoxicatingly fresh breath among the syrupy-sweet scents of the world.

This perfume is elegance in a bottle. It is to me an olfactory portrait of a confident, self-assured, motherly, beautiful, graceful woman. And she is never boring...

Lana148
Lana148

Eau du Soir Sisley is a fabulous Chypre Floral, made in a classic way.

This is very, very elegant, evening, special occasion perfume.

It remind me a lot of La Perla by La Perla - the same type of rich, complex fragrance, but much more greener.

Love it!

Edee

Oh my goodness, this fragrance is rich, opulent and beautiful. I was a little worried that this fragrance would be too strong or even too outdoorsy (all the oakmoss and juniper). A very generous fragrantican sent me a decant of this, along with a few other samples. Thank you so much by the way. This scent is so well blended that I can smell all the elements from the start. It is definitely a floral chyrpe. The best kind. One that accentuates my body's chemistry. It kind of reminds me of Ivoire de Balmain. That is another floral chype that just does amazing things with my body chemistry. Only Sisley Eau du Soir does it better. I was going to wait until Christmas to get this, but I am going to try to get it next month if possible. Sample first if you wish, but this is amazing, it makes you feel as opulent as it smells. One of the best.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

I now have this in my collection ! It's pure class and elegant in this modern world of trash and over indulgence . It's a beautiful fragrance that projects the fact that you wear this with your head held high without being arrogant , because the dry down is earthy you keep your feet firmly on the ground.

Migalex
Migalex

It is very strong and smells a lot of conipherous trees to me, quite green and sharp. I find it interesting but it is not one of my favourites. I love the name, though, and it's extreme freshness makes it really appropriate for a summer evening, after a shower. I find it too simple though, and not sophisticated, and in my opinion there is nothing here to justify its price.

Quasar
Quasar

The most BEAUTIFUL FRAGRANCE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elegant timless

Nil3
Nil3

I agree with most reviewers. This perfume should linger on Julie Andrews, queen rania of Jordan,Katherine Hepburn,.... My beautiful mother. :)

nikkibom
nikkibom

Just received my 100ml bottle. This perufme is very green indeed - which is not bad at all! I did however expect it to resemble Clinique's Elixir (the database did compare these to perfumes some time ago - but now comparison seems to be erased).

dazzlin9
dazzlin9

Just give it to my mom.. i feel like suddenly become above 40 years old with this :) the scent is for mature woman with class.. but i like it anyway.. great longevity and sillage

Nataja
Nataja

This is 100% a luxurious perfume.Not for the in your face sexbomb creature,but for the refined,elite,women who dare to smell different on a higher level perfume.All the ingredients are pure and that explains the price,but you attract in what you invest in...Aristocratic and yet strangely erotic...

Capricious Capricorn
Capricious Capricorn

I'm on the fence about this one - getting it that is. Here's my Makeup Alley 2006 review of it. I just contacted someone to maybe swap this with me:

Well, here it goes, I've been meaning to review this one for about a year or more I think. It's just so...perfumey! So cyphery! So decadently artificial! To me it's more exhilarating than womanly, yet it's still a very grown-up frag. It's almost an exaggeration of a '60s or '70s bitter sweet cypher. It's almost as if it stepped out of a time capsule, yet undiscovered at the same time. When the question "Which frag would Jackie O wear if she was around today?" was posted on the frag board a few months back, Eau de Soir immediately came to mine. It has that retro jet-set aura, and it doesn't take much to imagine such a pampered passenger wearing this one; it exudes luxury.

I definitely don't like Eau de Soir during warm weather, but I love inhaling what remains of my mini during this cold weather. If you like cyphers, this is an absolute must try. It brings back memories of Y and Inoui, but is no means as quiet or discrete as these. Not for the faint hearted.

isdemary91
isdemary91

Sofisticado, elegante, atrevido. No cualquiera Se atreve a usarlo. Una fragancia elegante, para mujeres con personalidad fuerte.

serch

Nuevamente escribo sobre este perfume, maravilloso, elegante ,floral,con muy buena longevidad y sillaje, fue un regalo para mi mama,que le compre desde 1993,y hasta el dia 15 de este mes, fue la ultima vez que yo se lo aplique,para que al llegar al cielo ella se sintiera feliz, eau de soir,es y sera el olor de mi niña,que descanse en paz.

zosoroxy
zosoroxy

While this smells sooo elegant on others, when I try to wear it, I end up feeling like a little girl who painted her face w/ Mom's costly Chanel cosmetics, & ended up looking like a silly clown... Except, I'm 50!

On my skin, applied lightly- (even sparingly)- In-your-face, medicinal Spruce rules Eau du Soir, from top to dry-down. I really tried to convince myself, over repeated wearings, that I discerned more complexity & evolution of scent during wear, etc. But, after multiple re-visits, over 18 months time-span, Eau du Soir just shouts SPRUCE at me, all day long- Biting / sharply green / fresh-crisp / snowy cold / dry / austere, w/ epic sillage & longevity! Clearly, more experienced noses appreciate the complexities of this classic than I am yet capable of...

Disclaimer: I'm relatively new to perfume exploration (~ 3+ yrs), after wearing nothing but #5 for 2 decades. Over time, I'm noticing that my olfaction is improving (ability to detect individual notes, progression of a scent, nuances, etc- I'm still barely a beginner/intermediate!). So, please, consider my perspective w/ a branch of Spruce (& a dose of skepticism!) ;o)

The upside is, this 1990 classic lead me to instead / also sample Sisley's later composition (2006)- Soir de Lune- An old-school, rich, elegant, deep, dark, honey-dripping, spicy, earthy, mossy / woodsy Rose w/ touch of Peach Chypre Stunner! Soir de Lune is an instant life-long looove for me! It's a compliment-magnet, & a man-magnet :b

Bottom line is Eau du Soir by Sisley, to my nose, seems inoffensive & fine enough- even lovely, on others- However; Not one I'll re-purchase. Instead, I'm rocked-to-my-core-intrigued w/ younger sister (also by Sisley) "Soir de Lune"! Again- Sillage & longevity exceed epic!

Sorry about the veer to an alternate by Sisley ~ I guess that's how discovery goes sometimes! ~ Thx for reading ~ Wear what you love!

malchoni
malchoni

This perfume always reminds of something from my past, but I cannot remember what exactly. It is just a perfume flash-memory. What I mean is that every time I smell it, I remember the summers from childhood when I used to go with my aunt to the sea side. Usually, the first summer vacation was with my parents, but the more interesting trip was the second one - with my aunt. :-) So, this perfume reminds for the time when my aunt was going out from the shower after a sunny day on the beach, where we had marvelous time. But, to come back to the moment when she was puting some body lotions, oils and so on, which I didnot know what it was, but the entire hotel room started to smell heavenly. I was a little girl, but I loved to participate in these beauty "rituals" of my aunt. When my aunt was young she was so beautiful. Elizabeth-Taylor beauty - rich, distinguishingq classy, amazing...a Goddess walking out of water mixed with precious oils So, Eau du Soir Sisley for women is exactly like the beauty of my aunt. And I have this perfume today. Sometimes it is enough to put a little on my wrists, my neck, behind the knees...Not to make it overpowering. Who wants overpowering Goddess? :-) But depends what message you want to send out...Sometimes the powerful Goddess is what we need to show. So, do not hesitate...use this perfume as much times as much you want to feel as a Goddess.

Absolument
Absolument

My mother's signature scent... I will recall the elements I associate with this perfume.

A black tie event.

A woman in a dark long evening dress, surrounded by smoke and mystery.

A warm scent for a woman who needs to remain calm and elegant for the night, but who is usually more outspoken.

On my skin this one turns male'ish. Lots of oakmoss, patchouli and citrus. NOt for me. On right person- a very elegant scent.

På mig blir denna manlig. Massor av ekmossa, patchouli och citrus. Inget för mig. På rätt person - en väldigt elegant doft.

Henriette

I couldn't disagree more with Luca Turin and his judgement of Eau du Soir, coldly dismissed in few caustic words. I might be crassly ignorant as far as perfumes are concerned, yes, I might well be, but I find Eau du Soir an excellent scent. I love its sharp opening soon turning to soft, its being so green but also so deep.
I bought it in Paris when it was launched (it did NOT come out for public sales in 1999 as Fragrantica notes say, but a bunch of years before) and I still remember the vivid impression it made on me the very first time I sniffed it. I did not buy it on the spot, it was costly - a tiny, opaque black glass bottle - so I did want to be sure. I came back to the perfumer's the following day, still fragrant on the wrist where Eau du Soir had been sprayed the day before. It had turned out soft, sort of melanchonic, a bit lazy, very elegant, very chic.
For years this has been my evening perfume and the body lotion is a wonderful complement/alternative to the liquid perfume.
Yes, oakmoss, and we all know about the restrictions on oakmoss and the victims they have done. Chypre scents seem to be the ones who have suffered the most from oakmoss being banned.
It may be that Luca Turin sniffed a recent version of Eau du Soir where the oakmoss has been replaced, maybe it's for this reason that his opinion is so low. The original Eau du Soir (early '90es) was rich, opulent from the same opulence of Opium but in a different, more muted, direction.
I can't see any similarity with Aromatics Elixir, maybe the touching ends are oakmoss, chypre and opulence, for the rest they are very different, excellent both, but not the same.
Aromatics Elixir maintains a certain sportiness, lightness that makes you want to wear it in a gym, Eau du Soir is so rich that while wearing it you will feel like Uncle Scrooge in his deposit swimming among his dollars. A nice sensation indeed.

macheprofumo

For the ultra confident woman. Chic, commanding, and elegant. The fragrance is long lasting and more evening than day wear. I love this fragrance. Similar to Paloma Picasso but better.

mystica

I find this fragrance very wearable.

It's uplifting, fresh, aromatic, deep, comforting and soothing at the same time.

Despite it has a strong character, it is safe to go for a good few spritz.

I just feel so gorgeous and worth a million dollars wearing this perfume. It is truly a refined fragrance.

kwietok25
kwietok25

This fragrance is serious...She doesn't play...She' s got personality. She is WOMAN and for a real strong woman not for some naive Barbie girl :)
Use with caution and she'll make you feel the power she represents.
Love it!

macheprofumo

Used to be my signature scent in the late 80's and I've returned to wearing it again. It is classic elegance for the dignified and confident woman. Wearable as a day perfume for the right woman, otherwise an evening perfume that will make a lasting memory of refined elegance. Very few perfumes on the market like this one. Most of the "vintage" type perfumes tend to have changed their true scent; but not this one. This is the real deal. I love it!!!!

alchimia72

Sorry, I don't agree with the comparison of this fragrance with Aromatic Elixir. The last one is very bitter and harsh, while EdS is softer, smoother and more elegant. The only element in common is the family of belonging to: chypre. I love EdS, but I can't wear AE because it's too bitter and harsh for my taste.

loismonahan
loismonahan

Received this yesterday along with a purchase of Soir de Lune. I haven't tried it yet (except for a testing spray in Holt Renfrew!). Loved the chypre with this one! As I get older (61) I am loving the chypres, and find them more suited to my changing chemistry. Years ago, if it wasn't an oriental I didn't even look at it! I now find there is something very classic and elegant about the cleaness and almost astringent quality. Would love to get my hands on Coty Chypre! It think it's probably the Holy Grail of chypres!

meugie
meugie

This is one of the favorites and totally agree that reminds Clinique Aromatics Elixir.
I heard somewhere that was the fragrance worn by Lady Di, but maybe it is an urban legend.
I'm allways praised when I use and the only complaint is the price.
It's elegant and sexy. Refined to the last scale. A perfume to the red carpet and other specials occasions. Since I don't have red carpets myself, I wear it to go to the restaurant with the husband and Family parties. I have a cousin that use to sit beside me just "feel the aura" of my perfume - as he says.
Sillage in the right measure and very (but very) long lasting.
The best floral chypre ever.

[email protected]
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

this is a perfume with a strong personality... this is a masterpiece.it is a woman. it is a she. complicated, mysterious, clever, warm, sexy, strong yes it is a woman...

Eau du Soir is a late summer perfume for me. And I have to be in the right mood. Sometimes, it's just too much, but when the weather and situation is right, it's a beauty. Not for enclosed spaces or for the office, really, unless it is applied very lightly. Nevertheless, it is regal and unique, and a woman must be confident to pull it off. Each perfume has its month, and August is perfect for Eau du Soir.

relle
relle

Very complex and promising but sadly it turned into bug juice on me after a while. It smelled like I sprayed myself with creosote. I tried it more than several times and it just didn't work with my chemistry.

Soignee
Soignee

Beautiful, complex, sophisticated. This smells sensational on me. I always get compliments when I wear it. It lasts very long, and creates a lovely cloud of scent around you. This is a perfume for a mature woman.

piahellgren
piahellgren

Oh. My. God. I think I have found her! I have hopelessly searched for a new signature fragrance since they discontinued my beloved Armani Femme Original. I have since enjoyed wearing Rochas Femme and Elizabeth Arden´s 5th Avenue and Elizabeth Taylors White Diamonds, but I haven´t LOVED them. I think I could love this! I am not saying that it reminds me of the Armani one or for that matter the others- it is very much its own scent. But how absolutely gorgeous, classy, alluring! Smelling this I felt like I had taken a step into a sun-lit, bright green, and mysterious grand hall made out of cream colored marble with moss and herbs growing in the cracks of the walls and some elf´s breath of jasmin surrounding me. There are some unknown citrus fruits that have been cut open and sqeezed into a crystal glass somewhere and more white flowers are put in another vase, that vase being made of fine woods. In all its glorious shiny bright clarity this smell also has a deeply fulfilling musky and ambery finish. Bright green, golden amber. Cold and warm, sharp and round. A contradiction and a perfect tuning in olfactoy perfection.

serch

compre este perfume en un viaje a paris en 1993,lo traje como un regalo para mi mamá ,queria algo especial y asi fue es elegante,floral es simplemente una obra maestra y por supuesto que a mi mamá le encanto, hasta la fecha lo sigue usando para ocasiones especiales,muy recomendable.

id
id

Just perfect. Very impressive, strong (but not sharp at least for my nose and on my skin) from the first sniff. The notes are very well blended, not too strong, but still elegant, classic, a pure perfection to vear. Wonderful creation combining oakmoss, juniper, iris and pepper - all my favorite notes are gathered into superb fragrant bouquet. I wouldn't call it a scent for a mature lady in any way. I wouldn't call it strict or cold either. It is rather sophisticated (but not difficult to wear at least for me) and represents high quality.
A bottle itself is a masterpiece.
I highly recommend this fragrance for the lovers of chypre and not only (&I suggest it for men).
Beautiful sillage and good longevity.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

Most recent test of this: Funny, but this fragrance wears a lot lighter than I first remembered this to wear. Wearing the two sister fragrances side by side -- the Soir de Lune fragrance is actually a bit stronger and louder than Eau du Soir, after they both have a couple of hours to simmer into the skin. Both are very strong when first sprayed, but Eau du Soir absorbs into my skin where I hardly smell the notes after a couple of hours.

-------------

Rich, elegant, mature, alpha female, dominant, strong, sexy, business-like -- a fragrance that commands respect, but can only be worn by a woman that has a strong enough presence to actually wear this - and NOT be worn by it. I love this fragrance, but the basic truth here -- this could easily over-power a woman, where you are noticing the fragrance BEFORE the woman. The chord of this fragrance is in the lower register, almost dipping into the range of tenor to low alto. I feel that on the right man, this could be a unisex fragrance. The fragrance chord is sophisticated with all of the notes playing in perfect rich harmony. It has a smell like mahogany, richly elegant with a woody-deep forest type aroma.

"Upper Crust" - There are some fragrances that only money can buy... this is one of those that is so complex and rich that you know that is one of the more expensive blends in a high end department store.

I don't mean this to sound over the top, but this is a fragrance that exudes wealth, as if it is oozing out of each and every pore. When I smell this fragrance, I imagine a Queen, a feminine political leader who has risen to the top of her profession, a CEO, Best Selling Author/Public Speaker, Academy Award Winning Actress, a mega Real Estate Tycoon... this fragrance depicts a woman who has excelled at their profession. Some fragrances require a level of "maturity" - I envision a successful woman over 50 wearing this (acquired wealth, maybe-- but I see a woman who is substantial, a leader in her profession wearing this).

This is NOT for the ingenue or dilettante' - this is a fragrance for the woman who has paid her dues and is at the top of her game, a woman who has her complete act together where she not only knows where SHE's Going... but can direct an entire country, corporation, the masses, or family in the best direction.

[This is the exact opposite of the fragrances that line the walls at Victoria's Secret and the Body Shop, it is the diametric opposite of a cotton-candy sweet and sticky nauseatingly cheap fragrance.]

This fragrance exudes refinement that very few women can wear, without being worn.

This is definitely one of those fragrances that separates the Queen from the Princess... yes, I've said it now - this fragrance is definitely "mature" and would be almost silly on a younger woman who does not have the years or refinement to have earned the title "mature".

If you are not a woman of great refinement and elegance, this will appear as out of place on you - as if you were a 5 year old, trying to wear your elegant mother's high heeled stilettos. It could appear too heavy and too over-bearing if you are wearing this to work in a tight office - or you are having to take an elevator where others are pinned in tightly into your space.

This fragrance has huge silage - and will radiate out from the wearer a good 5-8 feet, so be kind to others, and only use one spray - then dab wrists into this. It could be "head-ache" material if it is over applied and could seriously nauseate people who are really sensitive to strong perfumes.

It is lovely, I wear this only on occasion - because I still feel that it is a fragrance that I am growing into... but ever once in awhile, it is fun to smell like a QUEEN... even though your self image still feels as if you are a 5 year old trying on your mothers high heeled sexy stilettos!

It is very expensive, so I only purchased a smaller size of this to see how it wears with my chemistry in different settings. This is growing on me, I feel as if it is setting a mark for me to "grow into". There are definitely some things that you can look forward to - in blossoming to full "maturity"... Eau du Soir - is definitely one of them! When I am more mature and more "Queenly"-- I will wear purple - and Eau du Soir!

------------

I agree with some of the other comments, this fragrance must be worn with the right body chemistry. It can be heavenly on the right person - but could be completely WRONG without that special chemistry.

Bettany87
Bettany87

Sisley Eau Du Soir is bright, captivating and elegantly classic.

The initial spray is loaded with freshness and hints of spice and fortunately, I did not get any bitterness or sharpness the others seem to be experiencing. I was taken aback, I never thought oak moss could be so beautiful. Yes, it's the most prominent note but does not domineer like a dominatrix would, it dances with the floral notes, flirts with the aromatic juniper and gently tickles to get your attention.

I cannot stop admiring the scent that continued to linger on my skin. I am swooning at how it developed into the most celestial aura surrounding me. It's definitely not my usual floriental or gourmand "loves", it sits unique and special on it's own throne among the fragrances I truly admire. And as added perks, my husband adores it on me and the scent lasts all day, you'll get constant whiffs of it intermittently. Oh, Sisley Eau Du Soir, I am fascinated by your beauty.

missdeeblue
missdeeblue

Eau noooo! I hate my best friend because of this fragrance! Let me tell you why... she gave me this, a 2ml tester because she hated it. For that reason I accepted it, threw it in my drawer not even testing it. It stayed untouched for over 2 years. Until today. Scrambling for my montale red aoud in a rush, this flew out onto the floor. I selected Eau de soir, blind sprayed a tiny bit on back of hand, and left for my day... first wet scent wasn't impressive, very strong - punched me in the face
As I did my day, now and again I came across this beautiful scent. I looked up thinking a woman might have passed me. but there was no one there -- it was ME and the gorgeous Eau De Soir bubbling from my body heat..OMG this baby keeps on giving!!! 8hrs later, still wafting, and get this -- 6 hand washes later -- still there!!! Im totally addicted and hate my friend for giving me the 2ml sample of something thats 'up there and rare' It really is a classic, and I cannot compare it to anything I have experienced. This chypre is no1 for me. What a little beauty!! I get very annoyed when I see the price of the full sizes ... why do the rares smell the best???

nerskine
nerskine

I loved this fragrance and wore it for years. But my husband finally admitted he didn't like it, so now I just have to surround myself with people wearing it.

antfarm
antfarm

Bitter, sharp, peppery and green like the needles of a pine tree poking me up the nose.

I liked it at first, but it develops an aftershavey quality that is very masculine and reminds me of a barber shop. Yeah, that's what I'll nickname this one "Santa's Sadistic Barber Shop".

That being said, it is kind of sexy in an inapproachable kind of way.

Sofy888
Sofy888

Designed for winter and fall, mainly for night time. Combined with emphasized aristocratic, elegant dresses, low-key accessories. Appropriate in a solemn atmosphere. A good resistance and a beautiful long train.

cloudberry
cloudberry

A perfume to make me swoon. A perfume to make me not care one whit about how much my scent must be overwhelming people riding with me in an elevator. I would bathe in it if I could. If I worked in a "Scent Free" office, I'd quit to find a job where I could continue to wear this masterpiece.

Yeah, I guess I kinda love it. But not for the shrinking wall-flower.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Classy, sophisticated, chypre, floral, long lasting, highly recommended for mature confident ladies, not a kids frag.

mystica

I try not to be around Sisley's Eau du Soir too much. I am afraid of going bankrupt because of it. Such an awesome frag.

basgam
basgam

Heavy at the beginning but gets softer after a couple of hours. It reminds me of blue Lenor for some reason! It's definitely an evening/night scent as it might be found too offensive during the day. Just one spray from a distance on your neck is more than enough to wear.

Sunny
Sunny

I have just finished my bottle...In fact I still have a couple of ml on the bottom but I never use them up so that to be able to recollect whatever treasures I used to have. Besides I never repeat a bottle...

So, Eau du Soir...I must confess that I never liked its first notes - green and harsh and even stingy for me they were. But, please, don't let them scare you off. Make a few good shpritzes and let them be warmed by your skin, start living on it! You won't be disappointed!

You will be rewarded be a long long feeling (for ten or more hours!!!) of beauty and dignity surrounding you. Very inspiring perfume! Worth every coin you spent on it!

Axum
Axum

A dramatic licorice opening; then it deepens and darkens, becomes powdery, changeable, and just generally complicated. It's powerful. Wow.

Eau du Soir is difficult to get to know, which is probably why there is so much variation in the way it is described by reviewers. This is not a perfume that snuggles up to just anyone, and it doesn't suffer frippery or frills.

You should definitely test before buying. You'll either hate it, or fall for it.

Galya
Galya

O,God,this is really heaven's perfume. I'm just feeling myself as regine wearing it...

Athanasia2702
Athanasia2702

The best chypre I have ever tried

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I had a chance to sample this scent a while back and it's just not for me. Coincidentally, I purchased this cleaning product I can't remember the name right now ( when I do I will post it here) and it smelled identical to this, I kid you not. I was really surprised at this coincidence I could not believe it! Sample before you buy as you will have to love green chypre fragrances to love this one!

Muneca
Muneca

This scent, as well as all others, relies on body chemistry. Some people have it - some don't. I'm just glad I have it for this one. The journey that wearing this takes me on is one of the most intriguing, incredible, fascinating experiences ever. EVER!

AveParfum
AveParfum

I apologize in advance, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I tried this on recently, and the best thing I can say is that it was intolerable. It was this nauseating, salty, sharp citrus that seemed to lack a base or any substance. I didn't expect I'd describe it like this, considering all those notes, most of which can be quite dark and heavy. I mean--black pepper? Really? I certainly didn't smell any. Oakmoss? Only one that smells synthetic. Maybe this was reformulated after its introduction because I can't see what all the fuss is about. I sampled at Bloomingdales, totally reputable store. It could be the the ugly copycat of Eau du Sud by Annick Goutal <----now there is a perfume full of beautiful herbs de Provence!

blossom56
blossom56

Love it, love it, love it. Just got one for Xmas !!!

milapequeno
milapequeno

The best perfume ever made. PERFECT .

missliberty11
missliberty11

Eau du soir reminds me very much of Estée Lauder Eau de parfum Private Collection. I find it too much in everything. Although you can guess the expensive ingredients (and it is very expensive too), it is too powdery and too balmy on me. I normally like that type of fragrance but somehow it smells really old fashioned. This would be great for a mature classy lady in her sixties. Eau du soir promotes itself as timeless. I think it smells like these strong powdery fragrances of the seventies. It reminds me also of a more mature ballerina or of the smell you get entering an old chateau or really old house where the wooden floors crack when you step in. There is also a hint of citrus in it which could make this more interesting. Beautiful but too heavy maybe.

scentelle
scentelle

A beautiful and rather expensive scent. I once told a shop assistant in a perfumerie that I was looking for the perfect perfume. She replied: "Why do you want the prefect thing? Perfect things are so boring". And she was right. I think this may be the perfect feminine scent and I found it a bit boring for that.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

a fantastic chypre without too much rose. Finally. This will never be out of style in my opinion.

Sisley is known for releasing some outstanding fragrances. It took me awhile to discover this brand, but since testing them all, there's absolutely no turning back. Their chypres are some of the best I have ever smelt.

Eau du Soir is a classic, floral chypre. A breath-taking blend of oakmoss and earthy patchouli, with a dash of green herbs. On the skin, Eau du Soir feels warm, feminine and intoxicating.

Whenever I wear this fragrance, I am suddenly filthy rich. A woman that walks with her head held high. I'm really not surprised that Eau du Soir was originally a custom-made scent for the Countess Isabelle d’Ornano. It was obviously too good not to share, but I often wonder whether she wishes that Eau du Soir was still her little secret, a scent that only she had the privilege of wearing.

There's no disputing the fact that Eau du Soir is a sillage monster. A few too many sprays are enough to knock you out cold. I mean it when I say, proceed with caution.

I love the glamour that Eau du Soir evokes, however it is a difficult scent to wear. It's a cold weather scent, with a formal, old-fashioned vibe. I would happily own a bottle, but I know that I would struggle to find the occasion to wear it. It's far too luxurious to be worn every day.

I don't know which one I love more out of Eau du Soir and Soir de Lune. They both pull at my heart strings, but for different reasons. Perhaps one day, both of these beautiful scents will be mine.

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

One of the best floral/herbal/chypre I have ever smelled. Deep, dark and lush. The note evolvement feels like you keep falling down the rabbit hole that is lined with black velvet. Smooth, soft, yet impressive.
Eau Du Soir has a vintage vibe that needs a character that is not afraid to carry this scent aura. It's a power house of rich notes and might be too much for some people. I love this for date nights and special occasions because it smells expensive and opulent yet has also cuddly moments.

The beauty of the bottle is all in the cap. It's a wonderful women's head that is gold plated. A thing of beauty on your vanity that is --to me-- also a piece of art. *Well, for those prices.... ; )*

Try on skin before purchase, this one reacts strongly to body chemistry!

Silage is: "an aura of sophistication & class" -- Longevity is: 7+ hours, and (on me) the notes seem to get more 'oomph!' as time goes by due to body heat.

dgott
dgott

Oh Smack! This is not for the faint of heart. I first knabbed this in the shower gel, in duty free on a flight to Shanghai...it was a piece of France in Asia; I bought another gel, then another gel, absolutely lovely and not so strong. Then, I made the move to the Eau de Parfum, when I jumped in the car after sampling this, and my husband said, I love that (He hates strong parfums). If fragrance is our most important fashion accessory, then this is matched with fur, leather pants, white blouse, Louis Vuitton Damier canvas bag. The parfum is best in winter in my opinion, as summer makes it wreak with heaviness. It is an Alps cold weather fragrance, and performs best in cooler temps, and cozy fires. This is a "turn everyone on their head", when you walk into a room parfum. The grapefruit opening keeps it youthful, the syringa, patchouli and musk undergird the wearer with confidence and strength. It speaks, when you do not want to. Fit for a princess with a strong, but feminine streak.

brs
brs

beautiful !!!!!
not for young girls, or very sophisticated

opa
opa

Greener, drier and earthier sophisticated version of Soir de Lune, long lasting-12+ hours on my skin. Love it!

mystica

I have finally given Sisley's Eau Du Soir a good test drive, 3 spritz on the back of the neck and 1 inside the wrist, on a sunny Mediterranean climate under about 37 C degrees. Does it sound that the result was awful?.. Absolutely not, indeed it was awesome! I like perfumes like Aromatics Elixir (and Eau Du Soir indeed has commons with it), and EDS melted so good in my skin, it has mixed with my chemistry so well that I was not able to detect it unless a breeze has reflected the sillage back to my nose.

EDS has a sharper, greener, fresher edge to it in comparison to the AE. I have to confess, I couldn't imagine spritzing this much of AE under that circumstances.
The first 15-20 minutes after the application gave me a slight headache although I can describe the smell as superb. And after it was completely settled on my skin, I could swear I was probably the most gorgeous smelling woman around.

EDS has a creamy feel to it and it tends to become a skin scent which is detectable with its sillage but never screaming. And that's what I mean by the "melting -on skin-" effect.

I would certainly recommend this fragrance to any woman who wants to smell really full of character, classy (in a soft and cuddly way) and gorgeous.

Eau Du Soir is a green floral chypre: no doubts. Sharp, check. Floral, check. Mossy, check. What's wrong with it then? It smells cheap and dated. I love perfumes that have a strong old-fashioned vibe and I love classics from the past as well but, to me, Eau Du Soir turns the adjective "old-fashioned" into "obsolete".

More than a fascinating black and white movie, Eau Du Soir brings to mind of those late 80's beginning of the 90's low budget comedies where actresses used to dress with ridiculous clothes and had hideous hairdos. Thumbs down.

You like chypres? There are botloads of better options out there that go form Sous Le Vent to Mitsouko via Corps et Ames, Givenchy III, Paco Rabanne's Metal, Diaghilev and Le Temps D'Une Fete (to name a very few):

scenturian
scenturian

One of the best chypre-floral I have evet met.
Strong dark floral, sharp, smokey and bitter. High quality.

Worx good on me as well, recommended even for man.
Dominant notes I detect are rose, jasmine, labdanum, ylang-ylang and oakmoss.

1 spritz and projects like a monster, lasts for ages.

If you are tired of sickly sweet candy lopipop teenage clone of each other scents then give this a try.

Not for everybody, very serious and sophisticated.

Strict, soapy and elegant chypre!

Most of all I feel the grapefruit, jasmine, musk and moss notes in it. And I would say that I feel also the vetiver note. Because it reminds me a little bit original Agent Provocateur musky vetiver base.

This fragrance smells soapy and even a little bit bitter. It's not sweet. The fragrance is strong enough and its lasting power is very good.

I like this fragrance. It smells noble. It's really worthy.

akats

I want it so much that I'm thinking to give up smoking for a month so as to save money. Yes, it is marvelous, but I never thought it adds confident. What a nice perception of our beloved smells that is also very true.

sunnyshine
sunnyshine

What can I say about this perfume that has not been already said?

Eau du soir represents for me the style, the elegance the pure attitude, the class of nobility. It' s the perfume standing on the boudoir of a lady with breeding, confidence, grace, beauty, intelligence, wit, who is living in a great hall, surrounded of gardens. Gardens with flowers, syringas, azaleas, lilacs, gardenias, jasmins, red rhododendrons, the air has the freshness of rain and of sea. And all these are captured in that precious bottle. The femme is a grande dame because she's inscrutabe, because of her attitude in her everyday life. She' s living her life in the fullest she's particular with what she does but never pays attention to petty things.

It's the one Rebecca de Winter would wear.

Perhaps we' re wearing fragrances to content the inner need for an extra life.

A true romantic fragrance right from the past to my precious living.

mylancome

Cathxinjin: Yes indeed this perfume is a confident booster, I must always have it in my cabinet. I work in my family business but I'm sort like a Black Sheep to them. But whenever I use this perfume, I feel like I have the power to do things better, hardworking as a queen.

There's juniper leaves inside stated above. According to Shaman believes, burn Juniper Leaves can chase away evil/bad luck.

cathxinjin
cathxinjin

I love this fragrance. It makes me feel like a queen or a sophisticated powerful bussiness woman when i wear it.and MAN LOVES IT though boys can't handle it.It makes me feel so confident and respected.I am only 24 but i need to act like someone around 30s when i am at my work.my work need a lot of experiences to be respected. And Eau de Soir helps me to act like a smart, experienced, well-eduated lady.Some people mistaken me as a lawyer.after work i am completely different person and i don't think it suits me. i am going to study to be a lawyer next year and it will be my signiture scent when i become one.

scentous
scentous

supersexy evening frag, very chic and classy..a short summary is as follows: opens with carnation and orange (very powerful and strong), heart notes are rose, jasmine, patchouli (still some carnation), dry down is a lot of musk and a bit of amber..very long lasting..Beautiful, georgeous, memorable, 9 out of 10:))

lake
lake

How do I love this perfume? let me count the ways. I own both "Eau du soir" and "Soir de Lune" by Sisley, it's floral composition and the leathery undertone gives it a warm aromatic, slighly homeopathic property that is simply uplifting and harmonious.

Peachply
Peachply

For me this is a sultry, sexy, bold, rich evening fragrance. I always feel a bit inappropriate when caught wearing this during the day hours. Super Sexy, men love this.

jae
jae

You know, to be a Chanel No.19 fan means that your stance on other green fragrances will often only be "as good as" at best. However, Eau du Soir has managed to force me to question that perspective. While Chanel's No. 19 is great for Winter, Autumn and Spring weather, Eau du Soir is just right in the Summer. Since I'm in Kuwait, this Sisley becomes even more special (since it's hot here for most of the year). This is classy, classic, fresh and green. My nose has identified this as a unisex masterpiece. I'd be surprised if there aren't more men on Fragrantica and/or Fragrant Antics who wear this. I recently welcomed this into my collection, where it will have a permanent place next to Soir de Lune. The sillage and longevity are JUST RIGHT.

P.S. - There's a certain aesthetic that comes with wearing this with white...

akats

Lovely! I regret I had not discover it earlier. Its sillage remembers me of Private Collections EL, though this is warmer and more sensual. It combines many group notes such as green, citruses, fruity and to my nose, a bit of oriental, all well blended with an airy sense. I have plans to buy it if I save some money as it is quite expensive unfortunatelly...

mylancome

I live in Tropical Country, the weather average is 24C at night and 35-38C in the noon. I have no problem wearing Eau Du Soir during the hot day and I sweat a lot. Only Soir De Lune can be only wear during rainny season or cool day cause its sweetness and warmness.

saintlunaire
saintlunaire

Very strong indeed but as the name said 'eau du soir' is a sophisticated fragrance for evening better in summer.
Seringa is very present and smells off, i recommand it for women after 35, a little old fashioned but nevertheless classy.

alchimia72

The best floral chypre I have ever tried. Very rich, elegant and long lasting.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

thumbs up to the reviewer with two girlfriends with identical tastes in perfume. Sounds like you got it going on!

twinbeauty
twinbeauty

All the allure of Chanel 19 but so much better, so much warmer, much more heart. One of my all time favorite classy scents.

Decodawn
Decodawn

Elegance in a bottle, a gorgeous fragrance, I have tried to find a product similiar the only fragrance near is Miss Dior, the ideal fragrance, it smells 'Money' a classy lady ideal, perfect for daytime use think business woman, British, horse riding, polo, wimbledon Tennis, afternoon tea at claridges and off to Harrods shopping.

TheGorgon
TheGorgon

This stuff is regal!!Deep, intense, rich, beautiful. Pure sophistication. It's almost aristocratic and I'm way too down to earth to wear this,unfortunately.
Not me but on the right person this stuff must shine!

mylancome

Some said the bottle cap is hideous, but I say it's wonderful. Count Hubert really pays attention to details to create this remarkable gift to his beloved wife, Isabelle. Before Eau Du Soir release to the market, it was a fine perfume just for his dear Isabelle.
To my opinion, when the perfume was ready to the market, the Count ask a sculptor to sculp out the face of Isabelle when she was young (try to google for her young face photo), to shows the beauty, class and luxury taste of Isabelle.
Eau Du Soir is a fine and expensive gift of a husband to his beautiful, elegant wife.
Latest edit: Among all my perfume collection, Eau Du Soir is the best. Besides it's my favorite Green Chypre, it shares quality and standard with Annick Goutal and Creed. Because Annick Goutal and Creed is a little more expensive and have to go to specialist boutique which is quite far, while I can get Eau Du Soir at a hypermall near my house.
Eau Du Soir is a unisex fragrance, though it was market as women fragrance. Men should give it a try. Like Annick Goutal & Creed, wore by both men and women.

virga
virga

I was so eager to try Eau du Soir, because it includes some of my favorite notes – iris, oakmoss, cloves, patchouli. I tested it on paper and on skin countless times, but all I could get was the sharp and unpleasant smell of soap. Maybe this sharpness comes from the pepper note, which is very prominent.

MMC
MMC

Perfume maravilhoso ,perfeito e muito refinado.Bem seco e não percebo muitas flores e sim ervas dura muitoooo.Homens tambem podem usa-lo.Pena ser muito caro aqui no meu país.Borrifei no papel guardei na caixa do meu oculos,acreditem, o cheiro permaneceu por mais de um ano,nunca vi perfume igual.

jtd
jtd

One of the shinier green chypres. Heavier on the bergamot part of the chypre equation than the moss, Eau du Soir simply dazzles in the top notes. It stays true to its first impression, though, and remains brilliant through the heartnotes. By this point, most green chypres are either heading toward leather or a dusky sort of glow. EdS manages to shine yet keep its complexity. There's a dry floral quality that smells a bit like gin. It's searing, sharp, gorgeous.  Here is where EdS balances the green chypre family resemblance and its own distinctiveness.

I've read that people find this somewhere in the powerful-to-overpowering range in terms of both broadcast and tenacity. Maybe so, but this is one of those potent fragrances that begs to be worn brashly.

Hideous bottle, but don't let that stop you.

Sheridan
Sheridan

An Eau du Soir haiku:

Exquisite chypre
Well-bred, sophisticated
Smells like "old money"

Blessed
Blessed

Very strong fragrance, i recommended to use it with other light floral perfume or Oud oil to broke its Despotism

Cams
Cams

Flawless and stunning. A "must have"

mylancome

The most beautiful and most expensive perfume i ever wear. Maybe part of the cost goes to the real gold stopper. The perfume remains the scents from the time i wear till time i come home from occations. I didn't notice how long it last cause i don't spray much cause it's expensive. If you have plenty of budget to spare, this is one of a must have for classy ladies. After 10 years, no design house able to imitate this scent. Even for perfume rookie, they can smell this is a unique and expensive taste perfume.

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

I loved the review by zvoncica. Harsh and intimidating, yet intriguing at first, it dries down so sexy. I recently had an opportunity to wear this while being, umm, close to a man. We both smelled amazing after..

Hilaire
Hilaire

A beautiful Chypre in the style of Chanel's Cristalle, but so much warmer, more floral and more delicate, without the masculinity or coldness of Cristalle.

I bought this for my mother 10 days ago and she was delighted with it. Frankly this is one of the classiest and most refined women's perfumes there is. Classic.

dreamcatcher
dreamcatcher

This is a very noble chypre, transparent-green, cool and sophisticated. It is nothing about an old lady, it's about a Lady. Wearing it is like telling: "We both know I am too good for you, but you can give it a try".

Siv55
Siv55

The bottle is beautiful, the packaging seems luxe and serious. The price is pretty expensive, so I had high hopes of this one. I sprayed my wrist, under the haughty glare of the overly groomed to the point of being laminated shop assistant. I sniffed..
Soir is french for evening, but frankly, after smelling this, it could be french for something nasty. It was high pitched, green and bitter. Like a chemical chypre that's sat far too long in your grans dressing table drawer. I couldn't wait to get rid of it and drowned it in the nearest thing to hand, which was Origins Ginger on the next counter.
Origins Ginger is lovely. Warm, sweet and gingery. Buy some of that.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

Once my girld friend wanted a distinguish perfume, but she did not have idea. So she gave me the money to buy perfume that I think is distinguished. I tried several classic perfumes and thinking whether it would be suitable for her, and I put my decision on this fragrance. When I gave this perfume to her, there was also my other girl friend, she said..."wow! this is smell of the nobles!"...at the end, she wanted also this perfume. Even though Luca Turin considered this perfume as "disappointed" but I think I have to disagree, since to my nose this perfume is very classy!

Catty
Catty

This precious scent deserves for sure all compliments said bellow. But its green + herbs are too cold and sharp for me! it´s almost the Cristalle in its highest potential.

For my taste, it´s almost crossing the boundary to be a masculin scent.

It´s beautiful, but I prefer "soir de lune" which is for sure much more féminine.

Malene
Malene

“Eau du Soir “ is a captivating and esthetic creation.
It is like a poem - eternal and wise.
In spite of being somewhat inapproachable and slightly arrogant you are eager to get to know her; You are uncertain if you like her but you know you really love her (Drive in Saturday, David Bowie).

perfumeloverforlife
perfumeloverforlife

This is one of the most beautiful fragrances that I have ever worn! After about 10 minutes or so, the fragrance warms to your body and becomes even more beautiful! It's classic and sensual at the same time.

birdbrain45
birdbrain45

I bought this at the airport recently and have fallen in love with it. The SA said 'you won't like it at first' and I agree - it is very strong on application but is wonderful after 20 minutes. Very sexy and long-lasting. Time will tell if this will keep a place in my top 5. I do love the ginger note.

this stuff is horrible smells like a cheap version of Givenchy III, its suffocating and in a very cheap way... horrible stuff from Sisley, their skin care products are not too good also, and they are very pricey... no, for this disaster...

Perfumenut1
Perfumenut1

I don't consider myself elegant or sexy, far from it! However I'm not sweet and fluffy either. I had wanted to try EDSoir for some time, but always shyed away due to expense and the fact that I just didn't feel sophisicated enough to wear it. Well that hasn't changed!
I was looking for something in the floral chypre catogory that doesn't smell 'musty'. I currently wear Prada L'ambree to the office, which has no staying power on me whatsoever or my old standby Jo Malone Verbenas of Provence, I also like Cristalle eau verte and the original EDT.
A lot of reviews say EDS is very strong, well it's not on me. I was actually quite surprised at how pleasent it was. I remember on a Youtube clip the presenter went to Paris to discover 'french womens style secrets', well she was in a department store and smelled EDS and said 'that smell is typically French', I would agree.
This may not quite be a HG for me, yet, but I like it. I really like seringe in perfumes, which I was surprised to learn is a note in this!

metisse1
metisse1

My mother wears it and it has now become her signature perfume! I love smelling this on her, as it always reminds me of her! To me, a perfume is perfect once it moulds itself into the personality of the one who wears it, until both become one!

samsara1977
samsara1977

I sampled the showergel and to me it smells like old women. I'm sure if I would wear this my husband would say the same. I really don't think this is worth the expensive price that has to be paid if you want to wear it. And I don't want to wear anything that makes men think of their grandmother. And the comparison to Cristalle to me is incorrect, I adore Cristalle.

Lady Love
Lady Love

Sooooo green!!

This is how chanel 19 should smell!
Eau du Soir is elegant and classy, with great and strong sillage and lasting power, anyway I love Mature Scents, but this one Is tooo Mature for me. I found that the musk part is as intense as Montana Parfum de Peau.

guest_Angélica
guest_Angélica

É meu perfume predileto.Fixação e aroma maravilhosos.Uma preciosidade.Amo de paixão.Um chypré fabuloso !!

guest_MARICOLONIAS
guest_MARICOLONIAS

He leído todas las opiniones. En españa se dice que ''sobre colores no hay nada escrito'' . Bien, esto es aplicable también a los olores.
Yo sólo puedo decir que probé eau de soir un sábado hace 20 años. El lunes siguiente a las 10 de la mañana estaba en la puerta de la perfumería para comprar un frasco de 100 cc.
Ya entonces era cara, pero siempre está en mi tocador y no la uso todos los días por no cansarme y dejar de disfrutarla.
Varias veces me han parado por la calle para preguntarme qué llevo. Eso sólo me ha pasado con la eau de scherrer, otra de mis favoritas. No sé de nadie que no se enamore de e.d.s.
Y concretamente a los hombres, a todos, les fascina.
No se ha hecho una fragancia como ésta en muchísimo años.

Kterhark
Kterhark

Before sitting down to write a review I first read all the reviews before me. If there is a more devisive fragrance out there please let me know.

I'm actually curious why this is such a love it or hate it fragrance. the bullseye for me is the ginger/pepper/clove notes. I did a little research on similar fragrances (Cartier's Panther and Feminite du Bois came up) and yes, these seem to run one or the other as well.

If you are researching to see if you'd like to try this, may I suggest first perusing your wardrobe to see how many spicy scents you have. Mizzgossip is right when she says this will make you sneeze if these notes don't appeal to you.

However, if spices are your thing, this will quickly bubble up to your favorite list, because the chypre twist is very elegantly done and this has more depth and shades to it than most of its peers.

I look forward to reading more reviews on this one.

libertybelle
libertybelle

Spicy, somewhat old fashioned smelling at first application. I find the florals overtake any citrus at the opening. Musk evident close to the skin as the fragrance wears. Then it kinda takes over and that's prety much all I smell. The musk note is such it straddles that fine line between good musk and stinky, fake smelling musk. It does get better as it wears since the fragrance continues to soften. Ultimately I don't like it enough to justify the cost of a full size bottle. Worth trying though.

zvoncica
zvoncica

In some of my previous reviews I wrote that Cristalle and Cristalle EDT are cold scents. In fact I wrote they are the coldest and sharpest green scents I have tried. So since the words have been used already, and Eau de Soir came on my skin and under my nose just now, I invite you to the journey with me.

Firstly think of green. Not grass green, not woods green. Think of emerald. Not any emerald. This one has the highest clarity, and is impeccable clean stone. Stands on the ring. The top quality ring.

Now think of cold. Not wind cold, not snow cold. Think of sea cold. The black, enormous, winter time cold sea. Try to smell the air. Listen to the silence. No movement, no thought, no time passing by.

There is also a chair on our journey. Vintage chair. Dressed in thick cotton, covered with blue and white stripes. Filled with hay. Rough, heavy and robust. I want you to smell the chair. The hay in it, the ancient dust, the paint on wood handles.

Now think of the women. She is sitting in the chair. Her back are graceful and straight. Think of her wearing black dress and the emerald on her finger. She turns towards you. Her eyes are emerald too. Her hair is raised. Her neck is long and white.

Now, try to smell her neck. If you dare.

chuchu65
chuchu65

An elegant and sexy perfume for an elegant and sexy lady, and one that stays with you all night long... A fragrance that does not allow for competition! If you ever wanted to know what liquid sex-appeal smelled and looked like, this is it... The true "Scent of a Woman"...

MoietToi
MoietToi

I tested eau du Soir yestirday.I know that this note is not listed at all but at first I thought that it smelled rather citrusy and the ginger comes in later. Actually allthought the opening was rather insignificant. The longer that you wear this perfume the better it developes. I would say that this is a very sophisticated scent for a true lady.

winx61
winx61

A beatifull chypre...I love it!!!

TheNoseKnows
TheNoseKnows

Horrid. Lovely thought, nice packaging, yes, strong chypre, but at last overtaken by sharp, nose-pinching powder-like demanding stinch. And it looked so green, so fresh...Nothing classic or elegant about it. Cheap perfume, nice packaging. Like bad wine has too much phenol, bad perfume also gives me a headache.

momokoko
momokoko

When I began to touch Perfume, I found I have a special love with the group of Chypre especially chypre floral. I am confused why a twenties like this sent of maybe mama or granny used. Today when I saw this Sisley perfume I eventually konw the reason, that is, my mom always use this one whey I was youny. so I love this perfume too!

Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn

Beautiful and elegant jazz composition.

luz
luz

This is the best chypre and the most elegant perfume I have ever seen.

F_A
F_A

Oh my, what a spicy and cold Chypre! This fragrance is strong and strict, very long lasting. I imagine a serious self-confident business woman who is wearing a perfect black business suit wearing it. She's the boss!

How does it smell? On my skin it has a very sharp scent of pepper and fresh ginger first, later the smell of oakmoss and musk joins the composition and the drydown smells like the old hand-made aromatic soap which was lying in the grandma's wooden wardrobe for many years.

Eau du Soir is for a strong woman for sure. If you think you are the one, then it is a must try for you!

P.S. The bottle is a masterpiece, love it!

Cyberlady
Cyberlady

When I bought this I loved it and wore it and wore it. I thought I had found my Holy Grail of perfumes then, suddenly went off it bigtime. I still have a huge bottle of it almost half full and just cannot take to it any more,

vertigo
vertigo

I never thought I would like such a chypre fragrance. But I find Eau du Soir great!
It's strong, unhesitating, sophisticated and expressive, but simultaneously - modest.
A bit tart and a little haughty. Intelligent and elegant.
Ment for a woman with strong personality, for whom an easy solution is not enough. A woman who wants not only the adoration, but also respect.

De Havilland
De Havilland

I wore this for two years and find the comments about its heaviness surprising. I loved it from the moment I first tried it – it simply smelt luxe. However, on my skin it is weak and fades quite fast – which is a shame as there are so few evening perfumes with any class on the market. Where some perfumes are white linen shifts and others lurid lycra numbers, this one is a satin floor-length gown.

mizzgossip
mizzgossip

Smells really heavy...I have a miniature of this perfume, I got it for my birthday a time ago.
If you like oriental perfumes that almost make you sneeze, you'll like this.

alexia
alexia

I tested Eau du Soir on my skin some days ago (I had always avoided this - don't know why)and I found it awesome! Elegant, yes, but deeply erotic at the same time! This is exactly how a woman should be. It took me back to parisian streets and cafes some time in the late 30s, 40s, or 50s perhaps. Well, close your eyes and imagine THE WOMAN. Then think of PARIS, the Paris you have seen in pictures and wished you had lived there. Now put "your woman" in "your picture", she is walking past you,it's winter, a cold, dark afternoon. Can you smell her? It's eau du Soir!

guest_Dawa
guest_Dawa

I love this perfume, and have been wearing it for six or seven years. I enjoy orientals, and this scent is technically included in that category.

My partner calls it "sex in a bottle" and rates it as a 10. He has never given any other perfumes a higher number than a 7.

It's both fresh and aromatic while at the same time sultry. The scent lasts for hours. And, it is made from only natural ingredients. Thank you Sisley for not lowering standards to make this perfume cheaply.

Pure class and joy.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Exceptional, elegance, noble, refined, wonderful. It's a queen of modern chypre scent.( Imo - Mitsouko Guerlan's is a queen of all chypre.)

my
my

The best fragrance, rich chypre, classy.

soirdelune
soirdelune

Unequalled elegance in a bottle. This is a rich, complex and refined scent, heavy on chypre and herbs. Differs noticeably from wearer to wearer. The perfect evening or occasion scent. Class.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

This fragrance, I agree, is very classy. My grandmother wears it, and she's quite a proper, classy woman. It suits her. It doesn't go with me or my personality at all, but I love it (I used to hate it at first!). I have the mini, and every once in a while I will dab it on. I find it to be timeless, memorable, strong, classic, and confident. And yes, it does last long on the skin and clothing... it goes on strong, and stays strong.

tackica_ns
tackica_ns

I agree with Jeca.
Strong, long lasting, classy, beautiful....
It’s a pity that Sisley doesn’t create more perfumes, but from another side that is maybe an advantage - to have just a few but perfect perfumes.

jeca
jeca

The best fragrance for a Lady.
Rich chypre with herbs, radiant and very long lasting.

2007

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Sisley Eau du Soir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Sisley Eau du Soir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau du Soir by Sisley. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau du Soir by Sisley represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.