Designers » R S » Oriental « Groups

dislike

herbal
leather
smoky

Nur or 'Light "is a pearly - powdery scent of amber; precious, elegant and refined. It contains notes of lemon, incense, artemisia, chamomile, cedar, apricot, orris root, musk, amber, Russian leather and vanilla from Madagascar. It is available as Eau Fine (EDP). The nose behind this fragrance is Stéphane Humbert Lucas.

Artemisia Incense Amalfi Lemon Chamomile Virginia Cedar Apricot Orris Root Musk Amber Leather Vanille

Soleil de Jeddah
Shay
Aqua Regia
Estelle Oud
Rasheeqa

Nur Fragrance Reviews

pimpy
pimpy

Nella versione Nectar,( bottiglia nera) è stra buono,molto diverso da questa versione in bianco. Anche questo non deve mai mancare nella mia collezione.
Dolce, opulento, balsamico, speziato aromatico avvolgente,persistente importante.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Artemisia.

What could have been a totally bewitchingly sweet, sensual masterpiece is totally torpedo'd by this very *very strong green *bitter herb.

I tried for ages to single out the remains of the no doubt very nice stuff that's barely underneath such as a honeyed floral note, lemon and some sweetish liquorice-candy vibes but - all in vain.

A potential great, for me totally ruined by again yet another victim of the 'green' capitulation of the Niche category.

It's either that, or animalic skank, dusty moldy liquor, pungent band-aid Oud,,,

Very sad. Could have been a modern classic, instead chose a bitter-green herb chalice of doom.

Scent: 3/10.
Quality: 9/10.

Oh my word! I got a sample of SoOud Nur eau fine and I have to say right off the bat it's great!
What a wonderful fragrance and a surprise as I'd expected something with Oud and rose perhaps or a super powdery urinal cake but no just a lovely warm fragrance.
I'd wear this don't get me wrong but it has a distinctly sultry femininity about it. Herbal, sweetly floral from orris root, the vanilla is very strong and sweet in the opening almost gourmand, and the base is a warm, musky amber and leather.
I've mentioned sweetness several times but Nur is never too sweet, perfectly balanced in fact and as it dries down becomes delicately leathery but more masculine on my skin.
This is a very well put together perfume and gets my seal of approval.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Tried today in a famous London department store. Love it! This is what abstract perfumery does: CREATING SOMETHING FABULOUS without it being there!
Meaning, this smells of a light, creamy, summery, slightly fruity OUD, but it has no OUD in its ingredients list.

Chemical compounds and sections of the desired chemical formula can be obtained from other ingredients. Upon re-assembling this 'lego system puzzle', you can amplifie or tone down certain aspects and therefore CREATE your very own abstract interpretation of what a lighter summery OUD ought to smell like.

Brilliant composition that is extremely well blended.

10/10. Think of a really expensive off-white 3-piece linen suit, made to measure. This is what you should be wearing it with!!
My summer wishlist is constantly growing (but my wallent is shrinking)

Q80
Q80

do you know the real meaning of a safe choice perfume?
it is a master perfume that has been created as a gem so you can buy it without being disappointed specially blind buying it. it's like (for instance) a Compact Disk the CD. it was created by James Russell and the idea behind it was only for audio play and recording, then it got improved to store data in it, then improved to handle more data and clearer (which is the DVD) then it was developed to be even larger so you can record on double faces, etc... this fragrance (despite Nur) is like the first original created CD. i don't know who created it first but it's quite common in away that almost 34 of the companies in the Arabian Peninsula has a fragrance which is similar to it. it's like a masterpiece that has been created long ago and allot of other brands are replicating it frequently.
Furthermore, for the first time experiencer it will be amazingly good and it will remain so as it truly is, but because of the many replication of this perfume it's quite harsh to buy it on that price tag (180$ for the Extract 30 ml, & 160$ for the 60 ml EDP). if you like it so much then have a great visit to the Arabian Peninsula countries (Kuwait, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Dubai, Kingdom of Bahrain, & Oman) and go to any local perfumer there and you'll find quite similar fragrance. for instance Al-Bait Al-Khaleeji (Kuwait, Dubai) they do have an exact copy of Nur fragrance with the same longevity, and silage and it's around 80$ 100ml with the impact of the Extract. the name of that perfume is (Hawameer 2) (البيت الخليجي - عطر هوامير 2 ) & if you want their instigram then msg me.

my main idea about it that it is quite fruitti (apricot, vanilla, and peach), powdery and captivating fragrance that you can widely find it in the middle east, so it is true something new to none Arabs and i guess Lucas was clever by doing so cause most of his fragrances are almost a copy cat of arabs heritage fragrances (including Ilham - his new fragrance)

Roge'
Roge'

...Even a deer can run the jungle until the lion comes. "Bye Bye Bambi, hello Simba"! This fragrance is the new king of the oriental jungle. Long lasting and never too loud. A versatile fragrance that can pitch hit, play 1st, 2nd, and 3rd base. I think all women will accidentally fall in love with this lemon incensed dream of a scent. It's kinda unfair for me to single out certain notes because this is blended together so well. Guys, don't shy away from this one. With the right skin chemistry, this can be a home run. Nur further proves that heaven isn't hard to find.

dormir6
dormir6

For confident women! I love it! Some leather (fresh, cold), some herbal, maybe green tobacco with a hint of light feminity. Brigth, clean, strong. As an image; a beautiful naked woman after shower, in a marble floored, rich, luxurious hotel room is smoking a thin cigarette and planning another brave, adventurous day.

AndrzejK
AndrzejK

This frag is amazing and in my opinion more masculine than feminine, in fact I find it for men. Great mix of herbal and leathery notes with some fruit and incense. And the note of wild chamomille is beautiful. Very long lasting.

Melis88
Melis88

This is one of my favorite fragrances! It's blended superbly and it has almost a cashmere feel to it. I definitely get the leather and peach and some incense. Chamomile and orris root add a touch of herbal, earthy quality.. but blended with the vanilla it conforms into a "sweet herbal smell" . Beautiful middle eastern vibe. For some reason I feel like Royalty wearing this!! Might be the price tag too? Fortunately, I have found a similiar..and almost identical scent to this. It really is VERY, VERY similiar in smell. I can barely tell the difference. This might be blended a bit better, and more smooth, but seriously if you like this fragrance check out "Al Shaquriah" by Al Rehab. I have the oil, but I think they have spray also. A little more smokey incense maybe as well, but you won't be dissapointed!! Both have above average sillage and last a long time. I'm thrilled!!

Roses and Spices
Roses and Spices

Hmmm. I'm not sure that this suits me. And yet some people really like this on me. This is a very middle eastern perfume. It reminds me of the bazaars in Cairo and the exotic spices of unknown far away places. Then it smells of pepper and then of soap. Behind all that is the leather. I have worn this on and off for a year and finally I have decided- I would prefer this worn on a man.

Taleb
Taleb

Lemony incense that's quite nice actually for the summer.....if not excellent.

kris919
kris919

I am wearing this now and my expression can best be described as "annoyed with clint eastwood type steel eyes and scrunched eyebrows". First and only thing I can smell is cheap lemon pie...something minature from a gas station for 99 cents. Like..you have an hour commute home from work, you just filled your tank with gas...hmmm...cheap crappy lemon pie, why not? Well, I'll tell you why not, because it's disgusting and will repeat on you later. avoid this. listen to auntie kris... avoid. $175 for 60ml. REALLY?? I *almost* want a refund for the sample vial I bought out of sheer principle and nasal trauma lol ...yes people, it's that bad.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about SoOud Nur fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about SoOud Nur, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nur by SoOud. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nur by SoOud represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.