Designers » R S » Oriental Woody « Groups

Mortal Skin Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 for women and men
dislike

smoky
Mortal Skin Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 for women and men Pictures

Niche perfumer Stéphane Humbert Lucas launches his new fragrance Mortal Skin in 2015, the first fragrance of The Snake Collection, unlike the rest which belong to the 777 collection. The fragrance is smoky, oriental - woody.

2nd Act: The perfume rises up and paralyses me, The fangs ooze, wanting to sink into me. Throbbing heat mixed with blue cold, I think I am bitten. Sandalwood, tequila, intoxication.

3rd Act: Bestiality, brutality, journey, The perfume smells of hot ash. Life slips away. It now knows that all is beautiful.

Top notes: blackberry, ink, incense and labdanum. Heart: opoponax, iris, davana, myrrh and cardamom. Base: ambergris, styrax, sandalwood, labdanum, civet, cedar, birch and musk.

It is available as 50 ml EDP. The nose behind this fragrance is Stephane Humbert Lucas.

Blackberry Ink Incense Labdanum

Marron Chic

Mortal Skin Fragrance Reviews

Tapinview
Tapinview

I deleted my initial,disappointed scathing review, whereupon I had lavishly applied from my sample and couldn't smell anything! But I must have been having an anosmic day....It is actually a soft sweet floral Incense starting faintly with a chalky vague berry with what I perceive as a nutty note as used in Tom Fords Noir Femme and underlies the new Angel Muse. Those two are sweeter and not as iris-y. However, the big but is, you get real quality with persistence and projection in those two mainstream perfumes for your $€£. I went to a couple of sites because it is an unusual pretty perfume despite its shy performance and nearly fainted at the price of the Mortal Skin. I used to think TF and SL were expensive!

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

My husband writes calligraphy at times, and he always uses a fountain pen for general writing. One of the inks that he uses is a brand “Iroshizuku”. The colors are rich; the ink is smooth. The bottles are simple and elegantly beautiful. When I wear Mortal Skin, I think of the darkest colors of this ink.

A kind member sent me a sample of Mortal Skin quite some time ago. I was smitten, but the price at that time was something that I’d only spend on a rare Guerlain… maybe. So, for many months, I kept stalking online sites with a wild hope of finding one I might afford. As good fortune would have it, another member with whom I’ve traded several times had an almost full, with total presentation bottle for trade. I hemmed and hawed, and cursed. She kindly accepted my trade offer of a very HTF bottle. I sighed a bit, and then danced for joy!

Mortal Skin is not similar to the other Stéphane Humbert Lucas fragrances that I’ve tried. In my opinion, this is the nicest one. Unique in its’ stark beauty. I adore the ink note that underlies the scent throughout its’ wearing. If there were such a thing as Blackberry Ink, this would be it. The other notes that talk to me are the myrrh, incense, artemisia (yes, a faint whiff of absinthe), and cardamom. I wouldn’t be surprised that ambergris contributes to the mix by joining everything together beautifully.
I find MS to be a serene, peaceful scent that speaks with an Asian tone. Sillage is moderate, but definitely noticeable, dry down is long-lasting and mesmerizing. The bottle speaks for itself…

I hope I never empty my bottle.

minag
minag

Mortal Skin is an olfactory journey like no other. The opening feels like entering a slick, black cave filled with bats or snakes. The ink is cold, silky smooth, and addictive. The ink gives way to an almost religious experience with the strongly incense-y middle notes - a comforting, warm incense. And at the end, Mortal Skin turns soft, sweet, and woody.

Stephane Humbert Lucas has certainly created an interesting experience with Mortal Skin. And while I appreciate and admire this experience, it isn't something that I will crave to recreate on a regular basis, so I will satisfy myself with my sample vial. I'm just glad that my skin was able to bring out the full 3 acts of this "play."

Perhaps I would appreciate it more on a man than myself. The wood and incense is a bit too masculine for me to wear with confidence. Beautiful and enchanting nonetheless.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - iris, myrrh & incense.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 8hrs consistently.

Estebanz
Estebanz

Quickly becoming my favorite from SHL , I can't seem to get enough of its enchanting aroma.
Mortal Skin is such a bizarre composition, and more than just a fragrance I would describe it as an experience, a liquid journey that keeps the wearer guessing during its life on skin, opening with cold metallic like inky accords harmonized by berries adding a sweet yet sour aroma that more than smelled can almost be tasted, this introduction is a sign of master craftsmen ship, as the fragrance slowly transition into its heart, the journey continues in its never ending transformation , Mortal Skin than becomes a warmth sweet and creamy woody scent with green semi smoky nuances, absolutely divine, and dare I say spiritual like.
Mortal skin is marvelously done in every way from beginning to end, and the bottle, oh my Gosh, the bottle is the best representation of perfume as an art form.

Vlud
Vlud

Opens up very inky, leathery with a smoky undertone. It envelops you in a witchy, poisonous aura, it really stands out for its name.
One of the most original perfumes that I've ever tried, very dense, deep and hypnotising.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Mystical,hypnotic and powerful! beautiful its evolution, beginning with a powerful note of ancient incense,followed by a well-known of this ink and blackberry... the initial phase drags you with him .... after a couple of minutes continues enigmatic transformation. Fragrance impact,cold and captivating! Beautiful fragrance,to try and find out...this one stands out a lot. In the bottom it evolves slowly, as does a snake while the strip, goes slowly towards a base almost "rubbery"..the incense note is always there,very nice!! The sillage is great,very good longevity!

Sillage: 9./10
Longevity: 8.5/10
Scent: 8./10

Overall: 8./10

PurseJunkie
PurseJunkie

The opening is wonderful with a leathery, resinous smell overlaid by serious blackberry. There's a bit of stemmy-greenness, too, as befits a blackberry patch, and a lovely clay-like scent as well. The blackberry is wonderfully fruity without being childish. I’ve tried this perfume half a dozen times now, and I find this phase lasts anywhere from 15 to 90 minutes, depending on the day and my luck. Some days I get unlucky and get almost no blackberry at all, though the resin/clay is always there, if perhaps briefly.

After that it devolves into a pleasant, but not terribly interesting floral. Unfortunately, this is something I’ve found all too common with 777 scents (Black Gemstone, O Hira and especially Qom Chilom): an amazing opening with a questionable follow-through. If they were selling at drugstore/Demeter prices (or if I were a much wealthier woman) I’d be happy enough to them in bulk and spend all day respraying myself, but at six bucks a milliliter I need them to do better, longer.

Q80
Q80

I love Stephane's creations and his amazing house beside his superb personality and humbleness.

Now this fragrance is one of his fragrances that i like the least maybe although the bottle & the name of this perfume is superb in away that makes me wanna love it but i can't because the liquid doesn't describe neither the name nor the bottle. I can't smell the ink as i can in Notturno by "Meo Fusciuni" but i can smell the rest which are the cardamom, incense, Blackberry, Myrrah, etc.. but i can't relate the smell to that mortal poisonous skin of a snake! to be honest i would relate this bottle and name to Cuir Venenum by "Parfumerie Generale" at best.

I can't put this fragrance down because it is made by Stephane the great who made an evolution in perfumes by creating the amazing "Nur" & "Soleil De Jeddah". & all i can say is that i like this one the least and i would request Stephane to re-consider this bottle & name to something more related.

Edit (29th Jan 2017) It's more of a spicy incense, myrrah, opoponax, birch, and above them all is the styrax. It is earthy a bit with hint of cacao powder as well and the blackberry note adds the synthetic effect and the slightly metallic note. It remains unpleasant to me comparing it to it's name, bottle, and his other fragrances.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Profumo complicato, caleidoscopico, intenzionalmente confuso.
Io sento tante spezie (in primis cardamomo), non variopinte ma ammantate da una scura dolcezza.
Emergono, da un velo d'incenso, piccole dense bolle di more, ciliegie, amarene e castagne sotto spirito. Leggo in piramide olfattiva la presenza di tequila ma io sento il classico liquore italiano utile per conservare le amarene.
Il sottofondo è ambra fruttata, resinoso labdano viola addolcito da mirra.
Il nome è altamente drammatico...
Lo cambierei da Mortal Skin in Mora Skin, data la prevalenza della nota.
Inusuale e costosissimo.

Escoteric
Escoteric

O.K with much trepidation I awaited for this to be launched and sent to me. No samples were available then. I can now see the merit of why. This would have meant I would not have ever bought this. All I can say I have paid £160 for a bottle!
If you have read the descriptives of this; “1st Act: The perfume, languid and colourful, hypnotises me, I am facing two eyes that desire me. Leafy coolness, fruits, the magic of the encounter, The seduction begins.
It goes on with even more pretentiousness with a second and third act. There should be a fourth ACT and that is the act act of Highway robbery. It takes you money and the seduction acts, into the gallows of the hangman, for you have just realised you have been mugged. All this smells like a corner store Indian Grocery, where Mr Patel has a small Statue of Laxmi the Goddess of wealth, and burning Incense and offering sickly sweets. I am doing my own ritual to Lord Shiva, the destroyer with the antidote for the aptly placed fangs on the bottle, which I am the guinea pig.
5TH act place on ebay and get rid!

Absolute rubbish!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 Mortal Skin fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 Mortal Skin, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mortal Skin by Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mortal Skin by Stéphane Humbert Lucas 777 represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.