Designers » R S » Oriental « Groups

Stephanie Stephanie de Monaco for women

Stephanie Stephanie de Monaco for women
dislike

Princess Stephanie de Monaco launched her perfume Stephanie in cooperation with the Bourjois house in 1989. The perfume is intense, oriental, floral and spicy.

Top notes: bergamot, lemon, mandarin and rosewood. Heart: jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang, cinnamon, carnation, geranium and lilac. Base: patchouli, amber, labdanum, incense, tobacco, sandalwood, tolu balsam, tonka bean and vanilla.

It is available as 50 and 75 ml Eau de Parfum. Stephanie was created by Jacques Polge and Francois Demachy.

Bergamot Lemon Mandarin Orange Palisander Rosewood

Ylang-Ylang Rose Cinnamon Geranium Carnation Lilac

Patchouli Amber Labdanum Incense Sandalwood Tolu Balsam Tonka Bean Vanilla Tobacco

Soir de Paris (Evening in Paris)

Stephanie Fragrance Reviews

veda
veda

jt, too: Thank you so much for your review.
Very helpful!!

jt, too
jt, too

To begin, this fragrance was created by the legendary perfumers Jacques Polge and Francois Demachy. What a way to begin!

SdM has some of my favourite notes including rosewood, amber, ylang-ylang, and carnation. The opening is very citrusy and fresh on my skin with prominent, tart lemon, but in a few minutes it begins to warm up with luscious rosewood, spicy cinnamon, toasty tonka bean, smooth vanilla, elegant sandalwood, and a warm, sensual amber. Then I detect a soft tobacco note accompanied by hints of ylang-ylang and carnation that breeze in with modest fanfare. Although not listed, I believe I can detect a sweet mimosa note in the dry down SdM reminds me a little of Shalimar minus the leather note and the much darker vanilla that are two of Shalimar's famous hallmarks. By the deep dry down SdM becomes a warm, almost gourmand fragrance, and it smells quite delicious.

Projection and sillage are roughly two feet from the body. Longevity is quite good. I applied it late in the evening after I bathed, and I could still detect it on myself the next morning--some ten hours later--albeit very lightly. SdM is a quality feminine fragrance, but I believe the right man could wear it well. It is a warm yet a fresh fragrance. It is also office friendly and wearable year round. For those who find that Shalimar presents too much of a challenge, I suggest SdM as a great alternative.

Thank you for the sample, B. You have great taste! : )

rossiniopera
rossiniopera

For those of us who love perfume from the 80s, a quick look at the notes above and the names of the creators - Jacques Polge and Francois Demachy from Chanel and Dior - should be enough to tell us that this must be something special.
And it is. Stephanie de Monaco is wonderful. This is everything you could expect from a perfume from 1989; very heavy, woody, sweet and spicy, with enormous sillage and longevity. One single drop will keep you perfumed all day!

The overall feeling is more Chanel than Dior, and I was thinking that if Chanel had launched a scent in the late 80s, this would have been it. And then I realized that actually, perhaps they did. Just not for women. Because when looking at the notes for Chanel's Egoïste for men from 1990, also by Jacques Polge, it struck me that they were very similar. And Stephanie does have a unisex/slightly masculine vibe, in the way that many 80s scents for women do. So I was very curious to compare these two perfumes, and the other day I finally got a mini of Egoïste and was able to test them side by side.

When I just sniffed Egoïste from the bottle, I thought yes, this is Stephanie. Almost identical. But testing them on my skin, I see the differences. Stephanie opens with more citrus, mostly mandarin, and a strong rosewood note. Egoïste is spicier (coriander), then the rose appears almost immediately and I recognise traces of Coco edp. Stephanie doesn't make me think of Coco (other than both of them being disturbingly beautiful), the rose is not as strong, instead I smell ylang ylang and lilac, some carnation and a gorgeous, growing cinnamon note. If I was to compare Stephanie to another female scent, I would say Cher Uninhibited. They are not at all identical, but share some of the cherry-like vanilla/tobacco sweetness (and ylang) and I would say they are in the same family. I see no similarities with any version of Shalimar.

The differences between Stephanie and Egoïste are most apparent in the first stages. Stephanie is more floral, softer, more feminine, while Egoïste is woodier and a little rougher because of the leather note. But after a couple of hours, they are really very, very similar: warm, dark, deep, intense, and the essence of cinnamon, rosewood, sandalwood, tobacco, vanilla and rose is mainly the same. Both are gorgeous and I think they could be worn by women and men alike.

So, those who miss Stephanie and cannot find or afford it, might want to look for a vintage Egoïste instead, at least minis should be available.

Elviraelbasan
Elviraelbasan

I am lucky to have this beauty . It is almost disappeared .
The splash bottle i own is cheap looking but the scent is out if this world .
I think this perfume must come back again with a beautiful bottle ,please make this favor to humanity !!!!!
Update
Smells similiar to Parfum initial guerlain

Kione
Kione

I am desperate to get this perfume. If you have a bottle or know where I can get one, please contact me :) Thanks!

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

These were my first scent. I chose it to myself on present from my mother :) after first important examinations ,as I was 18 years old. There are very ethereal, exotic and oriental. Incredibly as very present. Remind to me Shalimar initial.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Stephanie de Monaco Stephanie fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Stephanie de Monaco Stephanie, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Stephanie by Stephanie de Monaco. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Stephanie by Stephanie de Monaco represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay