Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

PHI Une Rose de Kandahar Tauer Perfumes for women and men
dislike

tobacco
PHI Une Rose de Kandahar Tauer Perfumes for women and men Pictures

Phi is a luxurious scent, inspired by a natural extract of roses produced in Afghanistan's rose region, Nangarhar. This rose oil is extremely rare and of highest quality. Inspired by these roses, growing in a dry and rough land, Phi is a rare gem, complementing contrasting lines, rich in natural raw materials that add depth and authenticity. Due to the limited amount of the rose oil, une rose de Kandahar is not guaranteed to be available all the time.

PHI Une Rose de Kandahar by Tauer Perfumes is a Floral fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. PHI Une Rose de Kandahar was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Andy Tauer. Top notes are apricot, cinnamon, almond and bergamot; middle notes are Bulgarian rose absolute and rose from Kandahar, Bourbon geranium and tobacco leaf; base notes are patchouli, vetiver, vanilla, tonka bean, musk and ambergris.

Apricot Cinnamon Almond Bergamot

Rose Geranium Tobacco Leaf

Patchouli Vetiver Vanilla Tonka Bean Musk Ambergris

PHI Une Rose de Kandahar Fragrance Reviews

framorena
framorena

This perfume starts wonderful, a magical rose-apricot-cinnamon combo, sweet but not cloying, so dense and juicy; as many of Tauer's compositions, then arrives to a totally different kind of fregrance;an ambergris-tobacco- vetiver-tonka base, where there is no more rose, or sweetness, but something that reminds me of Ambre Muscadin by LM Parfums.
You should buy it if you are searching for an ambergris-tobacco perfume with a beautiful rose opening, instead of a rose-centered smell, because the base is what you get after half an hour 'till the end, many hours long.
That said, it's a beautiful perfume, just a bit misleading in its name.

lemonlye
lemonlye

A rose-patch scent, was my first impression. A STRONG rose-patch, so potent it reminded me more of a BPAL fragrance than of, say, Portrait of a Lady. Then the boozy bitter-sweet tobacco and tonka unfolded beneath it, and it became more remarkable. It strikes me as rather Halloweenish for a rose; the dark spice and mystery and Gothic-BPAL associations probably are what make me think so. And I'll admit, once I learned about the rarity of the rose oil used in this, I felt a little more impressed by it. I'm not immune to the charms of exclusivity, I guess. Later sampling: A very true and beautiful rose, with the smooth, dry, magical ambery-spicy base you can count on from a Tauer. Yet a later sampling: today, on a snowy winter day, it’s striking me more as warm rose-vanilla, reminding me even a little of Solstice Scents’ Lavender Vanilla in atmosphere, and I’m really liking it. A good one for these “I need florals” moods that may strike in midwinter. That said, I’m not sure I’d spring for a full bottle, and could easily see myself substituting Agent Provocateur or Solstice Scents Estate Rosewood for a cheaper and similar vibe.

Q80
Q80

It's more of sweet dark tobacco than roses. It's a velvety texture of sweet cinnamon and almonds with patchouli and ambergris. Quite dark and heavy, earthy sometime and presents a plane dunes in the dessert at night and to be honest I smell slightly spices and saffron.

If I sniffed this fragrance and didn't know that it's Tayar's creation I wouldn't have found that it belongs to him! Cause I can't detect his stamp in this blend.

It's quite interesting to be honest as it presents darkness with smooth twist, sort of animalistic somehow but quite creamy.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - light apricot & almonds.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, during the day.

Projection - I did get noticed, it garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 12hrs consistently.

Montazuma
Montazuma

Stunningly beautiful rose perfume. Completely delightful. A joyous happy delight. Such a simple and radiant scent. Rich and beautiful. The rose is magnificent. About the best I've ever smelt. This is my first try of, and buy of, a Tauer perfume, and I'm truly impressed. Brilliant. A masterpiece. So delicious, deep and dark, the perfect rose. The one that's SO red - blood red (dark blood), soft and velvety; the one you have to put your face in it's so inviting. The one you want to wrap yourself up in, and stay cocooned in forever. The smell is superb, and you want to breathe and breathe it in forever. The most perfect rose.

Vlud
Vlud

Such a delicious rose...first time I've smelled this I was like ...Wow!! This is a very original, velvety rose with a sweet nectar feel.
As we reach the dry down, I discover a honey/vanilla-like dimension with a gourmand feel that blends beautifully with a very realistic tobacco note that fulfills the composition.

I smelled quite a few rose fragrances and I really think this is a masterpiece among them.

Performance is excellent.

TillyWave
TillyWave

Due to the limited availability of Bulgarian and Afghan rose oil, I think they skimped heavily on the rose in my mfr. sample of Une Rose de Kandahar. Oh, how I wanted to love this perfume! The Rose Oil! The Bourbon Geranium! The Patchouli and Ambergris! It sounded all so good, but thank heavens I got a sample first.

The very first seconds after application were positive, a dark, smoldering, kind of background spiced rose, and then the tobacco notes started showing up, okay, good, but all of a sudden I am wearing a "Cologne Guy" perfume, like cologne style patchouli, err, a rough patch here, moving on, suddenly all ready I'm at the base, an Ambroxan/"Ambergris" on top of tonka bean and almond blossom, a bit of a floral woody musk thing, but mostly it feels like my sinuses are being filled up paint thinner fumes, it's just another crappy "wood" base overall.

There's more rose in Miss Dior Eau de Toilette than in here, or even Paul Smith Rose, which for some reason cracks me up. I think I just don't get along with this house, on paper it seems like I would, but Incense Rose is even worse on my skin, more like a cruel joke (Tang Powder + Pink Flowers) but I think I may be done with Tauer's perfume for awhile.

Sugandaraja
Sugandaraja

This is a simple, happy scent: rose and amaretto, with some tonka in the base. Very gourmand, cozy, and edible - a case of Une Rose de Kandahar cookies, please.

As with most Tauers, longevity and projecton are outstanding.

starcloud
starcloud

Absolutely wonderful! The scent is unforgettable, it puts me into a different state of mind, creating an aura of confidence and inner peace. I'm not in love with the top notes, find them a little bit too intense for my liking and the bergamot is especially prominent, at first it reminded me of an aromatherapy room. But in an hour the perfume changes, all the overpowering smell is gone and what's left is this extraordinary mix of rose, tobacco and vanilla. What's beautiful about this perfume is its dynamics: it keeps changing every hour, the scent is a bit different every time I smell my wrist. In one review I read that Phi is the Mona Lisa of perfumes and I couldn't agree more.

ilprezzo
ilprezzo

Wonderful Scent! Perfectly balanced Rose and Tobacco. So smooth on Skin and Nose.
Longevity: 6H
Sillage :moderate
Compliment Catcher

dmetzger
dmetzger

Beautiful but ultimately "unmemorable". Not forgettable just not a standout.

The rose is vibrant and realistic and soothing, not synthetic or bubblegum-esque.

It has a potpourri vibe that while nice, to my nose on my skin-lacks depth. I get NO tobacco from this and that note usually does very well on me.

Ultimately it is a beautiful rose scent with not much else going on and while I can clearly see the quality, the scent lacks depth or distinguishing character in my mind.

Scent: 6.5/10 if you want a beautiful, transparent rose, this is it. Don't expect much else.

Projection: 6/10 for the first 15 minutes then I can barely detect it at rest somewhere around the 45 minute mark. After three hours I cant detrct it at all.

Sillage: 7/10 interestingly it has amazing sillage for the first 30 minutes or so but drops like a stone after an hour.

Longevity: 6/10 it does last nearly 6 hours on my skin and while it sticks close to the body for the forst three, after about hour 4, it's just a skin scent.

Would I buy a full bottle: no. If I received one as a gift I would be glad to have it in my arsenal but I can't see myself buying one.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Rose de Kandehar
Dear fragranticans have done a great job describing this masterpiece so I am not going to add a lot.
Just looking at its notes and olfactive piramid tells every thing.
Flowers,friutes,spices,woodsy,nuts,herbs,animalic,gourmands...every thing is here and from its best quality.not to forget that Andy Tauer has made the concoction.
All these great reviews and positive oppinions which I truely trust....they just got me to coclusion...I needed to try Rose de Kandehar.
A serious diva!!!

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

PHI instantly reminded me of L'Air du Desert Marocain. That resinous base in particular. Anyone else feels the same?

marciop.sp
marciop.sp

At the beginning I twisted my nose but is a sensational floral is among the best floral ever met. The fragrance is chic, exotic, it is not a simple flower, is quite eccentric and stylish up 'cause I'm not a fan rose much less romantic gift roses for someone, play the part .. the perfume has a DNA that differs from other floral scent very good even when breathes against his own skin exudes a wonderful scent that differs when inspires a distance, do not know how this is possible but I found amazing. Combines with almost all environments and occasions, lunch, dinner, parties, meetings, in short, it has now been approved in time.
scent 9.5
versatility 9
fixation 7
projection 7

Kolchan
Kolchan

This rose is breathtakingly beautiful and to my nose quite unique.
It's neither a happy jammy rose like in most designer perfumes nowadays nor a lush dark red rose like in Lyric by Amoage or in Portrait of a lady by Frederic Malle. It's somewhere in the middle, misterious and yet not too heavy or incense-y, sweet but not cloying. This rose has everythig: sweetness from almond and vanilla, spicyness from tobacco and cinnamon, there is even a dirty aspect from ambergris, which makes it even more sensual and animalic.

To me it smells classy and decadent and yet it wouldn't make "Hey, look at me, I'm wearing a perfume" entrance. The scent of a person who wants to be in yourself and doesn't like to show up.

On my skin it last 8+ hours. The sillage is rather soft to moderate, which I normally prefer.

At this moment, this is my favorite rose fragrance, I will be wearing it a lot during fall and winter.

nazrul.kun
nazrul.kun

"Voluptuous, velvety and sensual... a bed of roses covered in apricots and tobacco leaves."

PHI Une Rose de Kandahar is a 2013 fragrance by Tauer Perfumes, an niche perfume house by independent Andy Tauer. Tauer has become a cult icon in the perfume industry because of his background: he is self-taught in the art of perfumery and one of his earliest creations, L`Air du Desert Marocain, is considered to be one of the most iconic creations in the perfume community for being able to capture the olfactory essence of a Moroccan desert. Rather than just a perfumer, he is more of a perfume artist whose fragrances are the result of his artistic talents.

Kandahar is yet another fragrance that is grabbing attention in the community. It contains a supposedly extremely rare rose extract produced only in the Afghanistan region of Nangarhar. Since the extract is very limited, the fragrance is a limited edition and may not be available at all times. Shortly put, Kandahar is a precious fragrance.

On my skin, it opens with a fruity blast of apricot with tinges of peaches, and other citrus notes. It's tart, juicy and sweet, and is reminiscent of the opening of Miyako by Auphorie. At the same time, there are also notes of chilly, slightly spicy and "lemony" geranium, which gives my nose a slight tingly effect.

The beautiful fruity opening serves merely as hors d'oeuvre for what is to come. The apricot/peachy accords slowly subsides and draw the curtains for the main event: the rose. Lush and unbashed, the rose takes center stage and bask in the limelight, like a female VIP in a full-on blood-red wedding gown. Unlike a lot of other rose fragrances, the rose in Kandahar isn't jammy-sweet. It's more floral than anything else, and that appeals to me since sweet-jammy rose isn't my cup of tea.

What's interesting is that the rose isn't alone; it's coupled with tobacco leaves, rendering the conventionally feminine accord more unisex. Some people have claimed that Kandahar is a rose fragrance for non-rose fans, and I can see why: it's the tobacco leaves akin to that in Parfums de Marly's Herod that make it more approachable for general wearers. Perhaps the only minor letdown is that, unlike what others have said, I couldn't detect the vanilla as much as I have hoped.

Then there is the closing act, which I would sum up to be a subtle performance by cinnamon, tonka bean and ambergris. It's the ambergris that's a welcoming surprise for me; I thought I would smell it earlier so to experience only in the drydown is a relief. If apricot and rose are the stars in the top and heart respectively, then ambergris is the star in the base. I'm not sure if I get vanilla in this stage because the butter-like note I get is more tonka bean than anything else.

In all, this is a wonderful fragrance. Tauer is a cult icon when it comes to niche fragrances and Kandahar is perhaps my favourite in the line. I haven't tried some of his other fragrances yet, and I'm keen to try Une Rose Chypree next. I might even consider getting a full bottle soon; I just hope it's still available when the time comes. To date, this is my favourite rose fragrance and, like what others have mentioned, I do urge non-rose fans to at least try it. It's certainly one-of-a-kind fragrance that deserves more attention and, most definitely, praises.

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

Like many of Andy's compositions this one is no slouch in the performance and projection category. Such a wonderful aroma permeates off one's skin. It is very complex like a lot of his offerings but this one I noticed that the Rose note is not all in your face like in incense rose which is one of my all-time favorite Rose scents but I do appreciate a more complex and mysterious Rose like this one. Incense Rose is pure,citrus, incense and Rose with tauer's DNA, but this one has a lot going on. It's a darker composition and it is well worth checking out for you niche heads.
Overall- 9/10 (if you like rose fragrances)

If I could add a little of this Tauer rose to Xerjoff Richwood- booomb ! This would be its creation. I knew this reminded me of something. Just ordered a full bottle

arrode
arrode

Oh wow, this one! I ordered a sample kit from Andy Tauer and this was one of the samples included. The smell of this morphs drastically from opening to mid to drydown. Its opening is a little off-putting. Strong, medicinal, a little bit of rose peeks through, but at this point I wasn't very impressed. A few hours in, this beauty morphs into a warm, sensuous fragrance. Lots of sweet tonka bean and vanilla surrounded by a spicy, middle-eastern smelling cinnamon. I can't pick out the rose at this point and I've never smelled the specific type of rose used in this fragrance, so I can't speak to it.

This would be a lovely fragrance for the fall or winter. Perfectly unisex.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I'm a little late to the Rose de Kandahar party. I avoided it in a weird way because I got so tired of rose as a main note. I loved rose for many years, and after going through my phase of Middle-Eastern style oud/rose/vanilla (you know that combination! You are probably sick of it, too), starting with Noir de Noir, I just couldn't stand rose anymore. That combo sort of ruined rose for me. Olfactory burnout. I am still tired of rose, but I figured it would not hurt to finally sample this one.

What developed on my skin was blissful. I kept picturing a big copper pot with chopped nuts simmering in sugar syrup and rosewater. It reminded me of a combo of Turkish Delight and almond nougat with tiny pieces of candied orchard fruit (if such a thing exists). I know there was rose in the mix--there had to be--but it did not stand out and instead blended with the other notes to create perfection. PHI is sweet, definitely gourmand, but not a toothache, nor is it cloying. The creamy nuttiness is what stood out most on my skin; the angle that I came back to over and over again.

I recall telling myself all sorts of things: It wasn't that good, I've smelled others like it, I will never wear it because it contains rose, I am not into gourmands these days.... It's crazy how many things I tried to tell myself to make me not love this perfume as much as I did.

Might have to go and buy it before it's gone again!

(Update Aug 2016: It was unforgettable. I own it now!)

Strange_Alchemy
Strange_Alchemy

It opened with the familiar, comforting blast of roses, but it dried down into a linear, almost bitter powder bomb. My chemistry hates it.

Heartbreaker.

MartyMacfly2
MartyMacfly2

I was expecting a lot from this fragrance after reading numerous reviews. The rose note is very prominent on my skin and too feminine for my taste. I ended up giving it to my wife who is enjoying it.

TwinPower22
TwinPower22

I really wanted to like this fragrance based on some of the reviews below, however, this fragrance fell flat right out of the gate. First, I must confess, I have never been to Kandahar, nor have I ever smelled a rose from there, but if this rose is grown in the "dry and rough land" of Kandahar, it surely smells like it. This fragrance is dry, with a hint of rose that is very minimal(almost undetectable), and some note(s) that makes this fragrance dirty, powdery, and slightly awkward all in one. In short, this fragrance is not something I would want on me, and does not warrant the $150+ price tag. I mean, this fragrance is not repulsive, and the Tauer DNA is definitely here, but I could find a lot of other fragrances to reach for other than this. One of those fragrances being Une Rose by Frederic Malle, which is similar in price, but would be my top choice if I really needed a rose fix. Just being as honest as I can.

Labaloo
Labaloo

Five, strong notes that I feel should be included in the note-breakdown: Indian olibanum (boswellia serrata), benzoin, orris, mint, and cloves. With that said, Mr. Tauer's structures have made a definite leap forward from his already-impressive primers with this composition (and further still he plunges in visionary, olfactorial painting with his Sotta la Luna series!). Here, I am reminded of two things simultaneously: the glorious aroma of a particular incense that I own, and *vintage* Jade East. I do not mean the pale, multiple-times-reformulated-and-cheapened-beyond-recognition version available today at discount stores: if you ever have a chance to sniff or dab from the old classic that came in an understated glass bottle, you will know exactly what I mean- it was once gorgeous and refined, with an ambery musk base, soft, with a high-quality floral heart imbued with exotic spices, lifted discreetly in true eastern-style with mint- and just a discreet, modern touch of soapy aldehyde; a sublime sparkle of citrus hit the nose only just after uncapping. Andy has revived that old magic, weaving it deliciously into the threads of a rare tapestry for a new age to enjoy. Long may it live!

chanelnumerocinq
chanelnumerocinq

This perfume has serious sex appeal. Although the name is “une rose”, it is not simply trying to imitate the scent of a rose. The rose to me is not the central focus, but rather a supporting note that infuses some freshness that the scent would otherwise lack. Une Rose is very animalic. Opens up very honeyed, settles very musky with ambregris. Also very central to the composition is the boozy apricot note. The fragrance is warm, and slightly powdery in a fuzzy sort of way. The powdery aspect reminds very much of makeup, but it is not overwhelming in a very floral or talcum powdery way. I detect a bit of sensual patchouli as well.

I would recommend PHI Une Rose de Kandahar for lovers of vintage style perfumes. I think Une Rose is definitely a night time date fragrance, the kind you’d wear when you know you’re getting lucky.

I.D.Adam
I.D.Adam

Edit: I retried this one using more of the sample I'd obtained and I need to correct my previous impression given below. The rose comes out strong from the opening and has nice longevity through the heart. It is indeed a very beautiful rose. The entire perfume remains a bit sweet for my tastes but I cannot fault the fragrance which is most lovely. On this wear I'm getting a strong biscuit note from the Tonka and whatever Andy has used for almond note, perhaps heliotrope. In any case, this is one definitely worth trying.

Initial impression: A beautiful gourmand. Fruity, vanillic, Tonka almond all wonderfully interwoven. It lasts a long time though is rather single note and the prized rare rose makes only a fleeting visit - barely recognizable.To advertise this as rose is misleading, the rest is really nice.

the big totoro
the big totoro

Every drop of this precious potion is like magic. A sublime enchanting sensory experience. Sweet powdery almond, rosewater, and a very delicate fresh apricot. Like true alchemy, Andy is a genius and this is pure gold! Love, love, love!

landshark321
landshark321

This is the first non-Tauerville Tauer fragrance I've tried, so the bar has been set high from the Tauerville line, especially with the increase in price to Tauer Perfumes. PHI Une Rose de Kandahar does not disappoint--the same craftmanship in the boutique line is certainly implemented in his upscale line as URDK is an elegant composition of rose and other elements. It does contrast significantly with many of the harsher rose ouds out there.

The balance of URDK is between a very natural-smelling blend of roses (neither completely fresh nor dark), cinnamon, and patchouli, with some other more minor notes making their appearance as well (ambergris, tonka). That I cannot detect the apricot is probably a good thing, as I get more of the rose in the heart of the fragrance than most that seem to extol the non-rosiness of composition. It's still rose-dominant to me, just well-blended, and not with the harsh rose oud combination that is ubiquitous in the market (i.e. By Kilian - Rose Oud, which I just tried yesterday).

Rather, URDK is at the intersection of rose, green, spicy, and earthy elements. It's not very floral, apart from the rose; the opening doesn't have much citrus; and it isn't overly sweet, even though it dries down into a relatively comfortable sweet/powdery balance.

URDK is a challenge to explain, given the balance of the blend (echoing the sentiments of Max Forti on YouTube), and that's all the more reason that it needs to be sampled. Given the peculiarity of the blend, URDK is versatile enough to wear in four seasons, day or night, and for casual or formal situations, though I suppose with niche offerings, especially involving rose, I'm always inclined to regard them as more formal than casual.

Une Rose de Kandahar is a very interesting composition and I might need to try it a bunch more before I know if it's bottle-worthy, but I'm guessing it will be, and I'm even more inclined to try more of the Tauer Perfumes line. Andy Tauer does it again!

8 out of 10

arijitfrens
arijitfrens

Have been looking this for a long time and a fren sold me his bottle.. This juice is gorgeous. PURE LOVE.. looks like i will hold on to this dearly... Expensive stuff but worth every bucks...

acidnbase
acidnbase

Every drop is like gold, precious..

One of the few rose scents that i really enjoy. Andy Tauer creates awesome fumes, this and L'Air du Desert Marocain are my favorites from the house..

naelk
naelk

I just purchased this fragrance from ebay's top seller in Italy. There is some thing wrong in this batch RDK003 or all batches!!!.There is a strange synthetic smell dominating prevented me from detecting any single note or even sniff my hand closely. It cause headache after few sniffs.I am so disappointed as i purchased this item blindly after reading many good reviews.
I also watched new review regarding PHI explain some thing similar to my experience titled: Blind Buys of 2015 - the good, the bad & the most dissappointing
Mr andy tauer explain please!. What's wrong? is it the batch or the fragrance or our noses?.

My rate: 1/10 disappointed

Edit: After two months of keeping it in the refrigerator, it become acceptable and the strange synthetic note settled down and the notes become recognizable. i hope it get better. thanks god.

Steleale
Steleale

I am so sad because I tryed it and it's not the rose I was looking for. The previous reviews really intrigued me, but even though it is a very high quality frag, is not my cup of tea,

dyst_opiates
dyst_opiates

So, so almondy on me! The first five or ten seconds are orgasmic. The sweet, perfection of the best of all possible roses is all I get- then it dries. And the almond comes out. It's still fantastic but not quite as amazing as the first opening notes. The rose melts perfectly into and behind the marzipan smell, with some apricot in there, and what seems to be a powdery sort of vanilla base. (? maybe it's tonka.)

It really is one of the most wearable florals I've run into... but I am not a massive fan of almonds and it's extremely almondy. Personal taste though - it is a fantastic perfume, very well balanced with a ton of sillage... apply sparingly.

dsty
dsty

Une Rose de Kandahar is the first Tauer I've ever tried, and it's made such a wonderful impression that I think I'll have to try them all in the near future. It's just so, so good, and nothing like anything else I've ever smelled.

I actually hesitated a little before getting a decant of this one. On the one hand I was keen to try it because of the great reviews and the combination of rose/apricot/almonds, three of my favourite notes, but on the other hand I usually avoid the tobacco note because it tends to spoil a fragrance for me if it stands out too much. But I needn't have worried: this is one of the most well-blended perfumes I've ever smelled, and none of the notes really stick out. In fact this scent is velvety to the degree that it's almost startling at first sniff; immediately I was reminded of the texture of suede, more so than with perfumes where suede is actually featured in the note pyramid. When I look at the list of notes and compare it to what I'm smelling, I can believe there is apricot and roses and even tobacco involved, but they're all so well balanced that they form a coheshive whole, an entirely new smell that I never could have imagined but am so glad I got to know. It's hard to explain, hence the vague description, but anyone who gets the chance should really try this for themselves!

Fall is fast approaching and I think that will be the perfect season for this beauty. It's best suited for evenings but it's definitely not too heavy for the office either, if you want to bring a hint of luxury and joy into your workday (and who wouldn't?). My little decant might just be followed by a real bottle before too long; it's expensive but really worth it, even more so because a little goes a long way and two sprays in the morning provide more than satisfactory sillage for most of the day.

deadidol
deadidol

A timid rose resting on a pillow of apricot. It’s not a juicy apricot though; it’s more like the dried apricot snacks you grab at the checkout. Aside from that, vetiver, patchouli, and a milky-vanillic base signify, but there’s not much else. It reminds me of a derelict L’Ombre Fauve only with a vague rose tucked behind its ear. All in all, it’s a bit too flat and unemotional — and emotion is somewhat of a requirement for a rose perfume, I think.

sherifmango
sherifmango

رائحة اﻷمل :) ...

PHI Une Rose De Kandahar

بارعة في موهبتها ...
عند اﻹرتجال و اﻹنفراد بالعزف على المسرح.. تسلب القلب و العقل و تشده اﻹنتباه كأنها واعظ أو كاهن يلقي المواعظ على الحشود ...
ذات صباح فتحت عينيها عندما أرهقتها أشعة الشمس التي داعبت أجفانها المثقلتين من وراء ستائر النافذة الحريرية ... ظلت مطرقة لبرهة إنتبهت بعدها لمعشوقها القابع في ناحية الغرفة المقابلة لمضجعها... إنتصبت واقفة متجهة للحمام ﻷخذ "شور" سريع متلهفة إليه ...
جلست على التسريحة قبالة المرآة تتأمل وجهها.. يا إلهي ... وجه به براءة الطفولة ... عينان حالمتان و أنف مستدق ... شفتان هي في حيرة بين التبسم و الصمت ... شعر أسود كالليل البهيم أناخ على أكتافها فسد اﻷفق بينه و بين ثوبها اﻷسود فلم يظهر منه غير توسط بدر و جهها و عنقها ... لم تترك له حرية اﻹنسدال فجمعته بكفها و عقفته على رأسها كأنه تاج نوراني ... و قفت فتهدل ثوبها الفضفاض الذي أحاط بخصرها كأنه منحوتة مرمر فصارت كأنما تمثال لآلهة إغريقية في جﻻلها...
إتجهت نحوه ... جلست على الكرسي قبالته ... أخذته بحنو اﻷم ... أقامته بين ساقيها و إحتضنته بين خدها و كتفها ... أمسكت القوس بيدها اﻷخرى... دغدغت على أوتاره ... فصدح ال "تشيلو" لحنا" شجيا" وقورا" رزينا" ...

معزوفة موسيقية ملؤها PHI Une Rose de Kandahar ...

العطر معزوفة متناقمة متجانسة النوت.. اﻹنتقال بينها صعودا" و هبوطا" سلس.. أبدع فيه Tauer بإستخدام نوت مجسرة و توليفات ساعدت على ذلك و ربطت صدر العطر بعجزه.. إضافة للدواعم للنوت الرئيسية..
لكن هل العطر، كما عنونه طيب الذكر Dr. Loay Alprince بموت الوردة ؟!..
أم هو ميﻻد البهجة اللذيذة من رحم المعاناة المرة ؟!..
كما أني أتساءل، ما الذي يميز ورد قندهار الذي هو في الأصل ورد بلغاري مهاجر لملء تلك اﻷرض عبيرا" بعد أن مﻷتها رائحة الدم و الخشخاش، حتى يتخذه Tauer عنوانا" لعطره ؟!.. لحد أنه إستخدم اﻷخير لتدعيم اﻷول..
اللهم إﻻ أنه إستخلص منه سمة بعينها "لشيئ في نفس يعقوب".. ف Tauer من المستفيدين من خدمات شركة Robertet المتخصصة في الستخلصات الطبيعية..
على العموم عطر RDK يقف في منطقة وسطى على مطياف عطور الورد بالنسبة للمستهلك و الممتد بين طرفيه لمحبي و كارهي رائحة الورد..
- الوصف العطري: إفتتاحية من المشمش الفاكهي الحلو الكثيف الغامق، ذكرتني بالبرقوق المغطى بغشاءه الجلدي الوبري السميك في Plum Japonais، مصحوبة بالغرفة التابلية الشوكية الحلوة في توليفة جورماندية تمت مقابلتها باللوز المر ﻹضافة نوع من التضاد، كما أنه توجد سمة زيتية دسمة ﻻ أدري هل للوز أم قشرة البرغموت.. لكن رغم ذلك تﻻحظ وجود شيئ لطيف يحاكي المينثول يحاول تخفيف و إبهاج تلك التوليفة..
بعدها تخبو التوليفة الفاكهية اللوزية و تستمر السمة التابلية منها في إنسياق سلس نحو القلب الوردي.. الورد هنا رغم أنه يختلف عن الورد الذي خبرته سابقا"، لكنه محير صراحة، ﻻ وصف معين له.. لطيف ناعم يجمع تقريبا" كل سمات الورد و كأنها صهرت في بوتقة واحدة.. نكتاري حلو تابلي أخضر خشبي أرضي لكنه لطيف معتدل و بشكل مقبول لكل اﻷذواق.. كما أنه كاد يميل لحواء لوﻻ دخول التبغ الجاف الذي عدل كفة الميزان.. التبغ هنا صفه أيضا" بما تشاء عدا السمة اﻹسموكية و أعتقد أن Tauer أحدث توليفة وردية تبغية تفوقت على نظيرتها في عطر Wardasina .. و التي تم تلطيفها بالكومارين الحلو و الفانيﻻ الكريمية..
تصعد السمة اﻷرضية للباتشول بصورة خافته.. لكن لم ألحظ شيئ للفيتيفر.. لتعاود السمة النكتارية الحلوة للظهور خجولة من جديد في إتقان واضح للجسور العطرية و المؤرضة على قاعدة مسكية و أداء حسي رافع للعنبر أكثر منه كنوت عطري..

العطر أول تجربة لي مع الداهية Tauer .. وهي رغم تحفظي على اﻹفتتاحية لكنها تستحق أن ترفع لها القبعة، و يبدو أنها لن تكون اﻷخيرة :) ..
العطر به إتقان وأضح لجعله محايد من ناحيتي الجنس و مدى تقبله لشريحة محبي و متحفظي الرائحة الوردية ..
العطر شتوي حميمي دافئ و مبهج كذلك ..
الثبات و الفوحان في غاية الرضى في رأيي المتواضع..

و دمتم بود :) ...

hnyc
hnyc

So rarely does a scent make me say, "I can't live without you". I love my perfumes; I wear them and enjoy them. But if most of them were to forever go away I would be able to go on. But no, dear dark and mysterious phi une rose, I cannot live without you.

ahmedgabra
ahmedgabra

((ليله موت الورده))
لم اجد كرسيا فكنت اتحرك بخفه بين الجموع وعيناى مسلطتان على خشبه المسرح ، واحيانا كنت اذهب لاختلس النظر بين الكواليس وارقب ما يجرى٠
كان المهرج الذى مللناه يلقى نكاته اليوميه بآليه كما لو كان يخفى شيئا حتى انه اسقط كراته الملونه وسط ضجيج القاعه وكانت مهزله حقيقيه٠
المغنى هذه المره لم تنفعه صنعته وبدا صوته حزينا على غير عادته واخذ يردد موالا لم يستطع اكماله ، الان والان فقط استطيع ان اقول ان شيئا يحدث ، فليست الامور كما نعرفها وكما نراها
مدير المسرح بصلعته اللامعه يتحرك فى الخلف كالمجنون ويدفع بشباب الفرقه لسشغلوا الجمهور الذى بدأ يتأفف ويغضب ٠
كانوا ينتظرون ظهورها وعيونهم معلقه على ستائر المسرح المسدله التى انفتحت فى النهايه ٠٠٠٠ ماهذا
عن هذا الضوء اتحدث ،،كانت امرأه او هكذا تبدو فى العشرينيات ، ظاهر جسدها على رداء احمر لامع ، كنت اقفز لانظر ولكن كنت احس ان مايبدو ليس حقيقيا بل هو نوع من السحر٠
الان استطيع ان اصف كتله النور التى تقع فى منتصف المسرح لها وجه يشبه وجه طفل ذو عينين ضيقتين تستند على كرسى عتيق وتبدو كانها ستهوى ، انفاسها تعلو وتهبط ، وموسيقى مرتعشه تعزف فى الخلفيه
انقطعت انفاس الحضور وهم يلمحون السيده وهى تهتز كمن به جنه و تحكم قبضتها على الكرسى واذا بذراعيها قد تحولتا الى غصن اخضر رقيق وو ريقات حمراء رائعه الحسن تكسو جسدها و انتشرت رائحه من الورد الرائع الذى لم نشم مثله طيله حياتنا وللحظاتالعطر فى كانت قد استحالت الى ورده حمراء داكنه تتفصد بالعرق٠
لم تمر سوى لحظات قليله حتى مالت وارتمت على خشبه المسرح وسط صرخات الجموع ودموعهم التى انهمرت على الورده التى قتلها الحب والحمى ٠
استخدم اندى تاور مكونا نادرا هذه المره ، استقبل ما جنته يد الفقراء فى افغانستان من الورد البلغارى بديلا عن الخشخاش و بخلاصه هذا الورد المهاجر الوحيد صنع تحفته هذه٠
ربما لهذا السبب احاط تاور وردته الخافته الشذى بنوتات حالمه من العنبر الحيوانى المخلق بلمسته الانيماليك مع الفانيلا وبذور التونكا فى توليفه اشبه بما صنعه فى هواء الصحراء المغربيه٠
لم يرد ان يترك الورده بمفردها بل وبكل الحيل اراد ان يلهيها عن حزنها ويصرفها عن همومها باوركسترا من المشمش والقرفه واوراق التبغ و القرفه والباتشول ٠
وفى النهايه اخرج لنا عطرا من اكثرا العطور استدعاءا للحزن وسماه ورده قندهار
PHI Une Rose de Kandahar
العطر يونيسكس يصلح للجنسين ،،ياتى على هيئه ٥٠ مل فى عبوه تاور المميزه وسعره ما يعادل ١٠٥ يورو ، العطر ذو فوحان وثبات رائعين

danieq
danieq

At some point, I very nearly sold this. I had been purchasing too many things to remember what I had and how beautiful each scent really was. This one is no exception. I'm currently in a no buy and it's resulting in enjoyment of what I already have.

I'm not sure how to put words to what this scent evokes for me but I'll do what I can. It's thick and rich, (my favorites always are). It's got a bit of a jammy texture, yes, it's rose, but I wouldn't say it's rose in character. The tobacco is part of what deepens and thickens the texture, along with some fruit which to me feels like berry rather than apricot, but perhaps it's the blend of rose and apricot.

In the end, I'd say this is a fine, sweet, after-dinner liquor being sipped in a burgundy velvet chair by a crackling fire in a room hung round with rich and rare tapestry. The conversation is intriguing and a bit mysterious. I'm wearing a dress of the softest satin that dips all the way to the floor. I feel refined, elegant and drop dead gorgeous.

I'll take two!

Oh, and this one goes on and on for hours on end, bonus!

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Meh...I'm a bit disappointed. Smells rather soapy and cloying. I was expecting the tobacco and vetiver to lead the sweetness into a more woody, masculine territory, but it seems all the sweetness comes from the vanilla and almond and it feels very girly. The rose is not that prominent, but has a dish soap quality akin to "1969" Histoires de Parfum. It does dry down into something a bit more wearable and unisex...but I'm not sticking around.

eveclair
eveclair

No one has said this as far as I read, so I feel I must say it- I am strongly reminded of powdery pink musk candies.
The thing that sets this fragrance apart for me is the dryness of the rose. This is not a cheap or cloying rose. Try it if you have had bad experiences with rose in the past, and don't mind powdery rose confectionary.

mathieuq613
mathieuq613

this is a cheaper not in quality but in price per ml xerjoff richwood its a winner in my book the opening a bit different but the mid and drydown is the same at 95%

buy for me!

annajurgenson
annajurgenson

PHI Une Rose de Kandahar - simply amazing! Earthy, sultry and very unique. I 100% agree with christianne1. How could you not love it. Apricot, rose and a bit of tobacco in perfect balance with some spices. It smells of "roses in Damaskus to me" and sweet turkish coffee. One spray lasts me all day. Sexy as hell too.

zimmer73
zimmer73

If I didn`t know this was a rose scent, I wouldn`t detect it at all..I am not a fan of traditional rosescents, and I LOVE this one!
It is complex, like a fragrance it takes a while to know, because of all the layers presented..It is warm, a bit animalic,green and flowery, mixed absolutely beautifully.
This is really on my "need to own"-list.

alberto1964
alberto1964

A dirty and persuasive rose, a precious and far spice, bewitching, haughty ...... the hallmark of Andy Tauer. Try it.

drakecito
drakecito

A truly spectacular perfume from Andy Tauer.

This is a rose that seems to be grown in an area called Narganhar in Afghanistan and is of high quality and very rare. In fact the perfume is not available during all times of the year, depending on the production of this rose (100% natural, of course).

It is a perfume 100% unisex, I think it falls more toward the masculine because although the rose all the while present, is a rather oriental, dark pink, something smoked, which is mixed with quite shocking notes as a fruity at the start and later with other more oriental and masculine cut as tobacco (very prominent), cinnamon, vetiver, patchouli, tonka bean, ambergris, etc, etc ...

Beware, is a complicated and complex fragrance, perhaps not for everyone. In fact it has quite dark earthy notes which are not exactly the style that pleases me more personally, but everything is very well mixed and not become too heavy or "noisy".

The perfume has a huge quality is outstanding originality. The sillage is rather moderate with pretty good longevity.

It really is a unique olfactory experience, so if not suitable for all pockets and mine either ... :(

StinkySally
StinkySally

Incroyable! Merveilleux!

At first spray, there's a kind of boozy feel with a nostril-flaring sweet resinousness. The rose here, at first, is a background note. You can feel it pushing its way through. It's a dry rose, sweet and dry.* and the apricot, after about 15 minutes. Then after an hour, the tobacco notes show their stuff.

The rose-and-resin blend continues with a slightly "woody" vibe. About an hour or two in, I can actually smell the ambergris! It's a sharp/sweet note like no other: rich, unobtrusively animalic, unique.

At the end, after a good 15 hours, it's as if a soft white flower has passed through and left its trail.

This fragrance is alive: it morphs and pulses by the minute. I've been sniffing my arm over the last 15 hours, and it's rarely the same. Extraordinary! If it's a living frag like this, that means: I can have a *relationship* with it, trust it to work with my moods and aha! me to work with it. A fragrance one can respect.

One comment I'd like to make about Monsieur Tauer, and that is his generosity as a parfumier. These ingredients are the best out there (I'm convinced) - for instance, the use of real ambergris (?) and the single sourced Afghan rose. And he doesn't use them sparingly either. These are rich, complex, unique, and Andy Tauer is a true alchemist!

Thank you once again, M. Tauer!!

* I've noticed that some of the best material (absolutes) come from dry places: Afghani rose as here, Moroccan jasmine (the smoothest, creamiest), Egyptian neroli, alpine lavender, Spanish mimosa, fig. I just like, to my nose, what dry climates do to their plants.

Fireflys4Sera
Fireflys4Sera

This is my very first fragrance review, so I don't know how good it will be and I'm not an expert at detecting notes. However, if you don't mind I'll just give you impressions, emotions and how I feel when I wear it.

The first time I wore this, I sighed. This is a heartbreaking scent. It's sad, but not in a depressing way, mind you, but, in a melancholy, wistful kinda way. It reminds me of the rose, in my cherished Saint-Exupery's Le Petit Prince, so vain and so selfish, but lonely too. For this reason alone, I will adopt her, because despite whatever flaws she may have, or in spite of them, I find her heartachingly beautiful.

zaetown
zaetown

The notes listed sound really good and let me tell u something" it is wicked food!" I tested this on myself and thought "wow" explicit. Then tested it on mywife who despises rose fragrances and she was even blown away. Simply "Devine" she quoted. I like rose myself but what sets this apart is the supporting cast of cinnamon, tobacco, almond, tonkabean, patchouli, musk, bergamot and vanilla...I literally pick up all of these notes w/ that tauer spice aroma. Imo an all seasons scent.

Overall 5/5

lt114
lt114

This fragrance is simply a masterpiece. I'm a big rose fan and this has moved to the top of rotation of rose fragrances alongside Lumiere Noir, Rosae Mundi, and Portrait of a Lady. Bright at the top and smooth and creamy as the vanilla, tobacco, and musk start to come through in the mid and dry down, this fragrance oozes quality and sophistication. The hype train is real and well deserved with this fantastic fragrance. 5 out of 5 for me.

nero77
nero77

Rose of the mountains...

This is a phenomenal fragrance! Really beautiful stuff. So far I have never been disappointed by any fragrance by Andy Tauer. This is my third one (courtesy of a generous person here on fragrantica). I have to say I am enjoying this one quite a lot.

To me this is typical of most Tauer fragrances. It is a heavy, spicy kind of smell. My first love was his fragrance Le Maroc pour Elle which was inspired by Morocco, and which had heavy amber, jasmine and spices. This one has it's origins in Afghanistan. Kandahar is a very famous city there and close by there are fields near the mountains where poppies are grown (for opium). Afghanistan is not all desert, there are many high mountains with snow and green fields and fruit trees all fed by ice cold mountain water from the rivers and streams. In such a place, roses also grow, a "mountain rose"... and those are the roses used by Tauer in this fragrance.

It opens up with heavy spice, with almonds, tobacco, cinnamon, bergamot. For me the strongest note here is the tobacco. Dry tobacco leaves mixed with spices (the same leaves used to make cigars). I think there is a rose here, but it's not quite a "rose" fragrance. It's a deep, spicy perfume with a little rose. A very "dusty" rose. I also get the ambergris, tonka bean, vetiver, patchouli and vanilla. It's very dark. If this fragrance had a colour, I think it would be dark red, or like a brown red colour. This is like deep, dark red wine. It has the same feeling to me. Personally I like it, but I know it may be a little heavy and "weird" for some people out there.

Une Rose de Kandahar is a fragrance with quite a unique smell (but not unique if you know the Tauer house). It's a very spicy scent with heavy musk as well as rose. So don't expect a huge rose in your face. But I think it's really beautiful. I sprayed it on earlier and one or two sprays stayed with me for at least 3 hours. It's a very beautiful fragrance. I would say only buy this if you are a huge fan of the Tauer house. Because it is a limited edition (he buys the rose oil from only one field in Afghanistan and each year the roses finish... so he has to wait until the next year to make more perfume). That's why it is a limited edition. One to try and sample first (because of the high price).

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

I waited quite a while for this to become available so I could finally buy this gem.. And it was certainly worth the wait. It's not what I was expecting AT ALL, either.

Off the top, there's certainly a very dominant musky spiciness, with a rich, fruity background. There's an oud-esque quality, probably as a result of the rich rose accord mixed with the vetiver and ambergris notes.

In terms of what I was expecting, I figured this would be a rose bomb.. but I was wrong, since the geranium and tobacco really steal the show here.

Was I blown away or wow'd? No. But am I impressed? Most certainly. It's not particularly unusual or groundbreaking, and it's certainly something I've smelled before in other fragrance.. but I'm still proud to have this gorgeous bottle and very nice perfume in my collection. I Think I picked a good one for my first Tauer :)

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Il colore del flacone rispecchia perfettamente la fragranza...E' una rosa "verde chiaro",cioè una soave, acerba rosellina molto muschiata.
Tutto è lieve : poco tabacco, quasi nullo patchouli, leggerissima albicocca, la stessa rosa è timida. Il tocco pungente iniziale si stempera subito, manca volutamente il pepe a darle forza.
Sereno muschio rosato.
Non inebriante o fascinosa o sensuale.
Semplice ed elegante, non invade e non travolge, è presente nella sua educata gradevolezza.

Estebanz
Estebanz

I really wish you all could see my face right now !!!!!!!!!!!!.
This is not hype,this is passion, the talk is for REAL, what a Multi-Platinum piece this is.
To me I get the Rose,but is not 100% rose dominant,the main players here are the insane and wonderful amount of Tonka bean with tobacco and there is nuttiness from the almond,very intoxicating combo with this mouthwatering almost milky apricot,all of these sweet gourmand elements are accompanied by a rose smell,but without a doubt the main element,the start of the show here is the tonka,this to me is a gourmand rose scent,75% delicious creamy nutty/fruity gourmand,25% rose.
A stunning masterpiece.
P.S Lovers of Guerlain Tonka Imperiale, Profvmvm Roma Dolce Acqua,and even A Lab on Fire What we do in Paris is a Secret as well as Tardes by Carner Barcelona and By Kilian Back to Black look no farther,the answer to your liquid perfume dreams is here,and it's name is TAUER UNE ROSE DE KANDAHAR.
The combination of notes gives me almost like a Heliotrope smell,love the spicy Quality of tobacco,Intoxicating fragrance indeed.
My best blind buy EVER !!!.

Planet_X
Planet_X

The last thing I would expect in such note pyramid is lots of musk, but thats what I ve got mainly on my skin - ambergis and musk. Its like Narciso Rodriguez for Her (pink parfum) mix-breed with Citizen Queen of JHAG, so naming this sort of powdery-musky predominantly frag Une Rose...was wrong move to my opinion. The rose is somewhere..there..as far as Kandahar itself.
So its floral-woody-musk and not a very innovative one, I am very surprised people didnt compare it yet with NR and JHAG, but Tauer has more deep interesting drydown, lipsticky-rich, like Une-Geranium with Almonds - Rahat Locum on the plate. Gourmand lovers would appreciate such a twist.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Rose de Kandahar made me a little sad. You have this beautiful, gorgeous lady rose, rich in nuances, earthy and juicy, slightly sweet, sumptuous and velvety, clean but shady, like you can only dream about in other fragrances which are supposed to feature rose... and you smell her sinking in a martial cold lake of ambroxan, harsh spices, synthetic incense and artificial fizzy stuff, that completely "covers" this poor gem with grey dust and synthetic soil. For hours, until you really start to wish you could jump onto your own wrist and save the poor lady. It's not even a matter of smelling bad or good: it just smells... weird, and for me, wrong. I am given to understand Tauer likes to build scents which feature a clash between heavily synthetic notes and deeply natural ones, and I admit it worked sometimes - like for his (only) masterpiece, L'air du désert marocain. But sadly, I think that composition style does not really work with rose, if rose has to be the main note. And here you can clearly smell why. The scent itself is somehow intriguing and stimulating, but as other reviewers have said, solely on an intellectual level: it has just "something" that makes it not work as a perfume – it may be its inner harsh coldness, or that slightly disturbing gassy-fizzy chemical breeze... shortly something wrong, detached, aloof which just does not make you want to wear it. And personally, makes me feel a little sad for that poor rose. And I also agree on the fact that this same feeling ("I admire it but I don't really feel to wear it") happens to me also with several others scents by Tauer – I owned L'air du désert twice, sold it both times, as I really never wore it. Anyway: worth a try the same, as the quality of the rose (as long as you can catch it) smells truly incredible.

6,5/10

indigo
indigo

There is a lot of IsoESuper in Rose K (I researched it just to make sure I'm not talking rubbish!) Anyway, for me personally that explained why it seemed as though the listed notes were dominated by what I perceived as a pungent peppery "fuzziness".

Longevity is over 8 hours & in the far dry down I could detect a very natural tobacco note. I can tell there are other nice notes, but I can't quite reach them for all that chemical "fuzz". Maybe my nose is not as finely-tuned as others, but anyway for me it's a deal breaker. I like Tauer perfumes & the whole Tauer ethos, but this one is definitely not for me. I deleted my last review (due to mass balloon pops) but I'm putting this up again & hope it survives - haha !

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

Interesting. A dusty, sour rose that yields to ambergris, patchouli, tobacco, and spicy geranium as it unfolds. The apricot is there, too, but it is an abstraction that, to my nose anyway, plays up the sour aspects of the fruit more than the sweet.

And of course the base Tauer-ade is there, thrumming steadily in the background. Great stuff, that.

But like so many of Mr. Tauer's fragrances, I find Phi to be more of an intellectual scent-experiment than a wearable fragrance. I appreciate the delicacy and complexity of it. I enjoy sniffing it on my wrist. I admire its sillage and longevity. But ultimately, I don't want to smell like this. I should say that I feel the same way even about even his popular masterpiece, L'Air du Desert Marocain.

Something about these fragrances leaves me feeling cold, empty, and unsatisfied. There is a general air of unreality to them. I have read about something in animation called the Uncanny Valley. It happens when a cartoon creation looks and moves VERY much like a real human, but not perfectly like a real human. Think of The Polar Express. This "near miss" causes a sense of revulsion in some people, spoiling the "magic" of the cartoon entirely. This is how I feel about Tauer's fragrances. They are outstanding works of technical and artistic achievement, but is there a soul behind the eyes?

Guest_thiefofnoses
Guest_thiefofnoses

Une Rose de Kandahar opens with delicate fruity rose, tinkling citrus, the tiniest bit of cinnamon and a soft musk. A couple of hours into the fray a tobacco note emerges, but it is always very subdued. The fragrance is well-composed but very feminine. In fact, when I asked my significant other her opinion of Une Rose de Kandahar, she said, "It's not very manly." Later on while lying in bed she sniffed my chest and said, "I know what it's like - baby powder!"

Kudos to Mr Tauer for supporting the diversification of industries in Afghanistan beyond the growth of opium for the heroin trade. A lovely fragrance but something I wouldn't wear often myself.

CynthiaPOnce
CynthiaPOnce

I had won a sample of this a while back. It is breath taking and beautiful. I won't add anymore, as I feel the reviewers below pretty much summed it up. I have been patiently waiting for Tauer to bring this back on their website so I can order a full bottle. I can't wait.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Oud and rose in dirty combo, it is Afghanistan after the war, all in dast and in destruction, what do you expect it would smell like? Opening has some strange chemicals in between rose and oud, it is not opium, but more likely Afganies cooking meth. Then meth calms down and just durty rose and oud stays. It is strange perfume, not unpleasant, but strange, try it before you pay a big $, it is for a real niche of perfume lovers who would appropriate this smell.
PS. There are similarity to Dior Oud Isfahan, which came to the market earlier than Kandahar, it is a trend of having this traditional Middle Eastern notes combo, Diors perfume seems cleaner more socially acceptable.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

Like a vivid, beautiful piece of art sitting in your living room, the name of this perfume, hinting at a dusky, exotic, spicy faraway- land rose, perfectly suits it's contents. It is an exotic yet fragile beauty, hiding playful hedonistic pleasure underneath it's breast. The apricots, tonka bean and musk are very prominent on my skin and these notes infuse delicately with the turkish rose to create a feminine, warm, exotic and intoxicating potion. I think of Arabian harems with belly dancers, but minus the seediness, and complimented with an exquisite bouquet of roses, an burner full of fragrant incense and a delicious fruity cinnamon apricot loaf baking on a nearby mantle. Yet somehow too, it's exotic shaped, spellbinding notes asides, the fragrance manages to exude pure sophistication too. My 50ml bottle is depleting at such a rapid rate, that I consider buying a backup bottle, OR a bottle of my other Tauer favourite 'incense rose' for which I am a bit mental for. oh - the decisions! Thank you Mr. Andy Tauer for your creative perfume genius.

Oh.My.Goodness.

Move over everything on my want list. I really REALLY want this one.

Delicious out of the bottle and it only gets better. Payday with a bonus and a raise is coming. And then this sweet darling is coming home to me.

Worth every penny....

Regretfully....not available until next fall.
On the wait list at The Perfume Shoppe. Anticipation....

jkdienes
jkdienes

The mix of notes for this works amazingly. I'm not a rose fan, but this was recommended as a non-rose rose to try. I'm glad I did. It's also a non-gourmond gourmond.. a bit of sweetness but not sweet. Many contradictions that seem to work. Just lovely.
Stays very close to the skin, and yet lasts a good long time. Dry down is gorgeous. A bit of vanilla, tabacco and patcholi.

Do give it a try.

GUTB
GUTB

I tried this from a sample bottle received from Perfumed Court after hearing about this fragrance. I applied it to my wrists and chest, and let it develop over the course of about 5-6 hours. 5-6 hours is the max for me as perfumes tend not to last long on my skin.

Afterwards, I went online to check prices. Sadly it was not available anywhere except the Tauer website for a hefty $160. But then I learn that they can't ship full bottles to my country, but they could give me 3x15ml minis for $200. So what did I do?

I placed the order for $200.

There was no need to think about it. No need to use up the rest of the sample. No need to find alternatives. No need to try and find cheap decants. There was no need, because PHI Une Rose de Kandahar is SO GOOD that I can't imagine not owning it. One day of not owning it is one day of loss. What an elegant, high performance, high quality perfume!

christianne1
christianne1

Good gracious almighty....Not only is this full bottle worthy, it is get online right now and locate it and hit the purchase button quickly before it's gone worthy. This is beautiful and soft (unlike the other Tauers I have tried which are just a little too potent for me or lean toward masculine) .....it is a soft, creamy, musky, powdery, dreamy, heavenly almond-y apricot rose masterpiece. I absolutely fell in love with this at first sniff.

It is so perfect I am surprised there is a single dislike....how could anyone dislike this? Were they under duress by another fragrance house or something? It is like saying you hate rainbows or something that offers nothing but spectacular beauty.

PHI is an eyes rolling in the back of the head all day wrist sniffer. Yes, I will take the gallon party size please thank you.

dalmajen
dalmajen

A Gentle Rose, Wrapped in Silk.”
This is the only Tauer I have tried, that has come across as soft. I was expecting a deep, dark,and rich fragrance, and I was really surprised at how this came across, well, for me anyhow).
The opening is really interesting..I didn't detect any rose first off, it is more of a wisp of gentle smoke,with a touch of the almond and apricot. I have found this slight smoke accord to be present in most of the Tauer perfumes, but this is only a faint touch in this fragrance. I must say, the rose accords are very light, and soft. In his other creation. Une Rose Chypree) my favorite of his rose fragrances, The Rose is very pronounced, and bold. It's almost as if this rose is hiding in the mist, and just peeking through. This fragrance, in my opinion, is very feminine..even though it's classed as a unisex fragrance).The dry down is very soft, as well, and I did re-apply after two hours to have a sort of second round of options. I enjoyed wearing it, but was expecting something much stronger, or perhaps bolder is a better word. Another interesting point, every review I have read on this fragrance has been really varied. Some have said it's really rich, and bold, others have had a similar experience to mine, in that it is a soft scent. It doesn't come across as very sweet, I would say the notes are very nicely balanced. The slight tobacco note is pleasant, and there seems to be just a touch of patchouli..which stays very close to the skin. I didn't find the sillage strong, but it is detectable. I hope to order this in the Tauer Explorer set, as I do like it, Yes, a lovely, but gentle Rose, wrapped in the softest silk

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

The immediate impression on opening is of a very complex rose - with lightly sweet Turkish Delight and wine facets, then a powerful musk takes over. If this is ambergris then my god it's musky indeed.

I've just looked at the description of ambergris and yes, that's about right - 'marine, animalic and sweet'. It's not a barnyard musk or a decay/indole musk, or a clean cat fur haze, it's very warm, tingly and zinging, if that's a word.

It's impressive, but it's slightly overwhelming at first. An hour into dry down I still get this muskiness, combined with the spicy cinnamon. This reminds me a little of the musk in L'air de Desert Marocain (though it's lighter there) and since that reminds me of Old Spice which also contains ambergris, this is all making sense to my nose.

I love the fact that Tauer perfumes have excellent sillage and longevity, there's something very generous and authentic about this - almost brings a tear to my eye in these straitened times that most of us are going through, where quality is compromised in so many products.

This has the sillage of Tom Ford's Black Orchid, yet far more balanced as a whole. I think it's a perfect 'big night out perfume' - it's up there with the original Coco, but it's softer though its' just as prominent. I wouldn't wear this often, but it's special

Catnip
Catnip

The fragrance is inspired by roses produced in Afganistan, and this particular rose oil is supposed to be extremely rare. Rest assured, however. I don’t think that PHI Une Rose de Kandahar would deplete the precious natural resource.

While the rose immediately makes an appearance, I would not describe the scent as rose-prominent. The flower itself is soft, almost demure, and after the first minute or so of flaunting its pink petals, very much like a supporting character in a play, it dutifully makes room for the more important actors.

(Having read some of the reviews online, I expected more apricot, which is a note I like and seek. I didn’t sense it distinctly.)

So what is it if it's not a prominent rose scent? At its heart, this is a very elegantly restrained gourmand. The almond and the tonka bean swirl above all other notes in a cozy accord and add just the right amount of powdery sweetness. I am swooning, and I rarely do.... Unfortunately, at around this time, another character appears as well—the tobacco. I know there are people who love tobacco notes in a fragrance, but I am not one of them. The tobacco is not necessarily strong, but however it is combined with other elements, it ends up leaving an unpleasant aftertaste.

Too bad, because the subtle rose, along with the soft combination of almond and tonka bean, would have made it the perfect gourmand perfume for me. It would have been what L'Artisan Traversee du Bosphore tried and failed to be.

With its emphasis on tonka bean and a whiff of tobacco, Phi Une Rose could be perceived as the poorer, but otherwise stylish and more intelligent cousin of the opulent and showy Guerlain Tonka Imperiale. I would love to invite him (I’ll assume it’s a he, okay) to tea and eventually even give him a hug, but only if he quit the smokes first.

If Andy Tauer decides to produce a flanker, I really hope he leaves the tobacco out. I hope he keeps everything else the same.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Simply amazing! It doesn't feel like it was created this year. It feels like a timeless classic rose scent from the great perfume houses.

Caramelle
Caramelle

What a beautiful hommage to Afghanistan Andy Tauer has rendered with this perfume!

I have sampled many of his perfumes before, but this is the only Tauer creation that works on my skin so far.
I do not even wear roses well,but this perfume is sweet and soft and the rose is not in the least sour unlike most other roses on my skin. The perfume has an addictive gourmand-ish drydown which keeps me sniffing my wrists all day long.

This is an unusual creation of Andy Tauer's and I even want to say that Une Rose de Kandahar is his venture into the "Loukhoum" category and he succeeded to surpass all the other ones I know because it is actually very wearable.

Well done, Herr Tauer!

jjtimmy
jjtimmy

Absolutely love this fragrance. Beautiful velvety roses with woody, spicy notes - but something in it triggers my headaches. I'm so bummed, because the concoction itself is definitely full-bottle worthy for me.

ChypreAnn
ChypreAnn

The co-stars of this fragrance are rose and cinnamon, on my skin. I think I pick up the tonka bean too. Though incense isn't listed as a note/accord, the composition as a whole makes me think of really high-quality incense. The soft spiciness complements the rose beautifully. When I wear it, I feel like I'm being taken on a thrilling ride on a flying carpet. Maybe that's hyperbolic. I'll put it this way instead: when I breathe in this scent, it is a vivid impression of other-side-of-the-globeness -- a reminder that I am on a big, but small, planet.

Guest_yvashche
Guest_yvashche

Une Rose de Kandahar and Incense Rose. Genius.

ranchorita
ranchorita

I adore Incense Rose and LADDM and Une Rose Chypree, but in Phi Une Rose de Kandahar, Andy Tauer has utterly outdone himself on my scale of olfactory bliss. The roses in this scent are absolutely gorgeous, but are nicely tempered by the spices and vetiver, rendering this a fine complement to a stylish person whether male or female. The accords are presented in such a felicity of union that this perfume can best be described as music for my nose. Phi's sillage is good with impressive longevity. I could imagine this on Isabella Rossellini or on Sean Connery: timelessly sexy people, well-read with stories of their own to tell.

Further adding to the delight of this fragrance is the knowledge that its purchase promotes the farming of roses in a war-torn region whose largest agricultural export is the yields of the opium poppy. I want to be part of promoting this economic boost to Afghani farmers, and the fact that this perfume is so very beautiful makes this one a no-brainer. This WILL be the next full bottle I purchase.

Many thanks to Fragrantica and Jeffrey Dame for the glorious sample, and my abiding gratitude to Andy Tauer for creating this beauty with a social conscience.

lisaivette
lisaivette

Phi may have made me a lover, not just a liker of rose scents. It is a privilege to be able to sample such a lovely, artfully crafted perfume. This is a warm,spicy,and sensuous scent. Sweet roses accented with creamy almond and heat from the cinnamon, my goodness what more could a girl ask for!I really enjoy the weight of the vetiver in combination with the other notes. It is more complex than I may have described, but these are the key notes that attract me to this perfume. Many thanks for the opportunity to try out a Tauer creation.

mariekel
mariekel

Sigh. I had high hopes for this after perusing the notes an reviews. But, as I feared, the vetiver drowns every other note for me except the rose, with whom it seems to be engaged in mortal combat. Right now, 20 minutes after application, I am wagering on the vetiver to prevail.

likethedrink
likethedrink

Received the sample I won yesterday afternoon but waited until today to spray, just a bit, I want it to last as US is out of stock...Oh my world, this is one of the sexiest scents I have tried, definitely full bottle for me, Andy has out done himself with this, I have a full bottle of LADDM and I love it, but this juice is incredible...Kudos and thank you Fragantica, Mr. Tauer and Jeffrey Dame for their generosity in the sample contest.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I get a spicy cinnamon-tobacco-apricot lipstick rose. Beautiful, sweet, sensuous! A touch of bitter almond. When I smell this I think of an incredibly sexy and classy professional burlesque dancer. Men go weak at the knees as she passes by, sniffing the air desperately to get one more whiff of her perfume. It's very like a high-class version of Boudoir, but less complicated and noisy. A full-bodied, womanly perfume as I've ever smelled. Voluptuous. Spicy. A hint of smoky mystery. A full bottle isn't in the cards for me right now, but wow, is this a real femme-fatale scent. Picture a Bond girl in a slinky black dress, open back, cigarette holder in hand, red lipstick, diamond earrings swinging from her ears. Somehow, Mr. Tauer has managed to trap her essence in a bottle, and I LOVE it.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

I have a bottle of this for a swap, it's 90% full.
It is definitely gorgeous, unique fragrance, but nothing I can wear out, just not my style at all. I tried and tried and tried, and it just doesn't sit well with my skin.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

from first spray i get rose, almond, and apricot. playing around in the back i get tabacco, and something salty, and a touch of cinnamon. a little while later vanilla comes to play. i must say its that background on me that makes it really amazing. it kind of grounds the fragrance and makes it sensual. the perfume has a sexy vibe to it, like a woman in a smokey lounge in the 30s. this fagrance isnt the woman, its the lounge. a mix of men and woman. some rose and sweet, some tabacco salty spice. i think this is a confident perfume. definately a fall perfume, or a moist winter day. im not a big fan of roses but this fragrance is so interesting its going on my list.

Edit to say: I live in the US on the East Coast and just got my sample that I won today, and it was worth the wait!

mihaela01
mihaela01

To be honest...I didn t like the first sniff at all,it was way to spicy and aromatic for me,but the dry down is absolutely gorgeous.The rose is present right to the end blended perfectly with apricot,almond and tobacco.A prevoius review said it stands in the lines of a classic Chanel or Guerlain..I totally agree.

janella13

I also received a sample. Wonderful scent. Went easy with the first test as you never know how strong a new perfume is.

I should have sprayed more! I keep sniffing my arm.
So nice.

THEREALJWIL
THEREALJWIL

This might not make sense because of the note pyramid but I get a lot of labdanum and soft pink rose ....this is Beautiful with a capital B ...its is extremely pleasant and not a challenging scent for the Tauer detractors. I smelled my arm about 25 times throughout the wearing and it doesn't change much to me but no matter when the scent is this nice. My wife smelled it and pulled her head back immediately with a grimace but then said wow that's actually nice(must be her natural reaction to the rest of my collection :/ )
This will be one of my next full bottle purchases.... Thank you Andy for an awesome rose scent that a man can wear! Bravo!

Jenavira
Jenavira

Wow, this year I fallen again in love with roses, but I was still looking for the knockout rose, this is that that rose. I just tried it yesterday so no utter complete thoughts on it right now other than it is beautiful!

Paintedlily
Paintedlily

This is the kind of perfume that our children's children will be collecting and romanticizing.

This is a beautifully blended warm rose perfume. Upon opening, I can smell rose (of course), apricot, powdery musk, cinnamon and (although it's not in the notes) licorice. As it warms with the skin I get more vanilla, bourbon, almond and soft woody notes.
My skin is very dry right now, but it seems like it's going to last in spite of that. Sillage is moderate to heavy...I would say maybe a good 3 or so feet.
Like I said earlier, I could see this being a fragrance that future generations use to romanticize our time. Something that grandchildren hope to have passed down to them, much like coveted Chanels, Guerlains, Creeds and the like. This has that "something" that feels timeless and collectible indeed.

Disclosure: Sample won in a Fragrantica randomized contest. This does not change my review.

kinetisphere
kinetisphere

this is my first time sampling a fragrance from the house of andy tauer..
i received my sample last night and did a sample spray and another this morning after a shower.

* when i woke up i could still smell a faint rose on my wrist and that was 7-8 hours prior to resting. after my shower i applied once again to get another refreshing of the scent and here i am now giving this review.

it starts of with a warm and sensual rose blended very well with some apricot,almond and cinnamon. the apricot gives it a kind of soft under tone with a very mild spice from the cinnamon. the rose is our key player in this perfume and is very well done. soft and pretty. after some time it fades into a softer rose and almond that last for hours. sweet and clean.

the dry down also is quite pleasant... from what i recollect it to be it was a soft powdery rose kinda musky and maybe some tonka bean or it could have been vanilla. the dry down reminds me of FM lipstick rose.

one of my favorite rose perfumes thus far.
so if you like soft sensual pretty "classy" roses you will most likely like this. the quality is impeccable. the duration this perfume lasts is substantial compared to designer rose fragrances. D'un soir i'm talking about you.

i can't speak on sillage cause i haven't done a serious wearing of this yet. it has been simple 1 sprays on the wrist at 2 different times. * back to back.
from what i can tell it would give off a very nice scent trail.

so my break down.

sillage ? i'm sure it will leave a nice scent trail.
longevity 8 out of 10
quality of product 9 out of 10. very well blended.

thank you for taking the time to read this.

will edit sillage later...

lucasai
lucasai

My bottle of PHI has just arrived this afternoon. It's my first Tauer and I'm totally impressed by the quality of the entire packaging, the can the bottle was put in. The bottle itself also looks lovely. The pentagonal shape is unique, isn't it?

As for the scent itself, I reviewed it on my blog, Chemist in the Bottle. To me it smells of rich apricot, rose and velvety tobacco.

Eneli
Eneli

I was one of the lucky ones to receive a sample and are enjoying it right now.
I la-la-love this perfume.Elegant spicy rose-scent, I wish I could afford a whole bottle!
I only took one spray and I'll save the rest for some special occation.

bjarne123
bjarne123

I received my sample from Switzerland today, including a handwritten card "with fragrant greetings, enjoy!" and
I think the signature is Andy Tauer's. WOW! The scent is so beautiful, a full bodied rose, a bit strong in the opening, - unisex,- yes, I agree, but calms down to a warm and cosy "cloud". It's just so lovely, and it lasts a long time. Exellent quality indeed!

jaylim87
jaylim87

I won a sample, but I still haven't received my sample.

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

اووووه عطر محير تحتاج بضع تجارب حتى تصل قرار حول العطر
ساعطي تصور عام عن رائحة العطر
البداية
لا تتوقعها ستكون ليمونية او او ان هناك تواجد صارخ للقرفه
بل البداية ابطالها اولا الرزو برائحة المميزه التي تميل الى الرائحة السكرية الخفيفة المنعشة نوعا ما مع رائحة اللوز والمشمش يبدا العطر بهوؤلاء الثلاثة مع مشاركة ليست حادة من القرفه بعد فترة وجيزة ستعشر بان المسك بشكل خفيف والفانيلا بداو بالظهور مع رائحة دخانية اممم انه التوباكو اعتقد

ما سبق هو وصف للعطر خلال ساعته الاولى الباتشولي لم استطع ان اميزه والبقية الغير المذكورين
باختصار العطر روزي سويتي (بشكل لطيف جدا) وبودري وتبغي بشكل لطيف بالاضافه الى انه غامض!
الفوحان9/10
الثبات 10/10
جمال الرائحة 8.5/10
ولا زالت اعتقد اني لم اكتشف العطر اعتقد انه يخبي الكثيرر
تجربه موقفه لكم ومن ثم قرار اما بالشراء او عدمه
عطر لذييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييييذ !

صلوا على النبي واذكروا ربكم دائما وابدا واحمدوه واشكروه اذا اعجبك تعليقي عطني لايك

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I have been wearing my Phi sample ever since it arrived and it is beautiful night and day, freshly sprayed or as a lingering skin scent after 12 hours. There is something so classic about this scent that reminds me of the best classic Chanels and Guerlains, but new at the same time. I think this is the best rose perfume ever and I own some lovely ones already. I have a hard time picking out individual notes in this beauty,although the rose and fruit are certainly prominent at the outset. When the other notes join in the whole is so seamless and perfect, warm and comforting, yet so sophisticated.

I can detect the vetiver, but it is done very well and does not overpower. This is how vetiver should be done. It blends so well with the ambergris to give almost a salty woody vibe that offsets the floral fruity notes just enough to be perfect and unique. There is also a beautiful tobacco leaf note that blends so well and is just amazing with the rose. I would never have thought of putting these 2 notes together, but they work so well!

This is a strong scent, so I am wearing it under my clothing and it is just right for work wear that way. At home I go spray crazy and I'm already done with one sample and will be starting on the second. Looks like a full bottle is in my future! I highly recommend this fragrance to anyone who appreciates the beauty of classic perfumes.

flowers4me
flowers4me

Andy Tauer has outdone himself in the creation of this fragrance. I'm a lifetime perfume lover and have mourned the loss of beauties from the 1950s onward. Grieve no more, my lady. While my aged nose can no longer distinguish some of the nuances that younger writers describe, I know a masterpiece when I smell it. This one fills my heart and soul. Eureka!

Rahoka
Rahoka

Just got my sample from Switzerland. What a memorable scent and truly beautiful. The name says it all.. roses and roses and so mant roses. Thank for Mr. Tauer for this divine creation.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

Wow, there are roses and then there are ROSES. God bless Andy Tauer for his artistry. I was hesitant about purchasing this blindly as I felt I already have too many rose-centered perfumes and well, after a while, they get predictable. However, I'm glad my faith in Tauer was rewarded in this buy. I'm not sure if it's the ambergis but my immediate thought was a salty musky rose, a mixed with the familiar smell of almonds (as distinct as in Lutens Louve for me), the earthiness of vetivier and the balmy smoothness from the tonka beans. The rest of the listed notes don't sing as loudly as those above but provide a backing chorus line, making this a rose unlike any other I've come across. I'm thinking of getting a back up bottle stat( a first for me) since it's not guaranteed to always be available. Sillage is about an arm's length for me and I'll update on longevity as this is my first wear. Very pleased with my newest Tauer.

rvb
rvb

I’ve been trying out a sample for a few days and I have to say it is absolutely divine! I immediately ordered a full bottle.This is a very unique apricot rose scent.I’ve never smelled another rose like it and I have dozens of rose perfumes in my collection(including all of Tauer’s).The apricot absolute is very apparent on the first spritz.The bergamot adds some brightness but the inclusion of bitter almond is a stroke of genius.Combined with the apricot absolute it adds an oily and aromatic fattiness to the opening.Soon the rose notes make their entrance.The Bulgarian rose absolute is quite apparent and is melded seamlessly to the Rose de Kandahar which has a spicy fruity like nuance.The Bourbon Geranium adds a slight mentholated green note while the element of the oily fattiness persists.This is an absolutely gorgeous and unique rose fond.As the heart notes melt into the base the absolute of tobacco leaves appears and it is the finest quality blonde tobacco that I detect.Here I get a faint resemblance to Hermes Ambre Narguile with the spices and blonde tobacco but with the rose notes added(and without the stonking woody amber).The patchouli is there but never intrusive and the tonka,vetiver,musk,amber and vanilla finally appear with the ghost of the fruity rose persisting in the background.In the far drydown I detect a delicious fruity amber on my skin and just a whisper of the “Tauerade”.Une Rose de Kandahar has good sillage and great longevity(which is never a problem with the Tauers).All in all a spectacular fruity spicy rose with an interesting oily fattiness and a golden ambery drydown.A must try and an absolute must try for rose lovers.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Just got my sample of this and it's great. It's very deep and rich. It opens with Rose, which stays true right to the end (longevity is excellent, as usual with Tauers). The Almonds and Apricots make this very rich indeed, like a feast, and the ending is deliciously prickly and spicy with Patchouli and Ambergris.

It makes me think of an elegant middle eastern feast.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Andy Tauer is a genius!!! I just got a sample of this when I got my new bottle of L'Air de Desert from Scent-and-Sensibility Perfume. Great service by the way!!!
And I just LOVE this. It's so rich and warm it wraps you in sunshine and spices. I often find rose scents either too sweet,too watery or too green and wan but no-one does the deep, dark sensual fragrance of a rose like Andy. His roses are blood RED and seriously velvety. Excellent longevity and some very good sillage on this - my DH husband loves it too and I think it will wear well on him but I can't wait for Xmas - I will be ordering myself a FB asap.

meganinstmaxime
meganinstmaxime

All I can say is that I can't wait to try this one. He makes the most exquisite rose scents.

querelle
querelle

I'm immensely happy that mr Tauer doesn't follow the oud trend. Which, by the way, has to come to an end.