Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Sandalwood Eau de Toilette The Art Of Shaving for men

Sandalwood Eau de Toilette The Art Of Shaving for men
dislike

Sandalwood Eau de Toilette The Art Of Shaving for men Pictures

The Sandalwood Eau de Toilette is sweetly warm woody cologne with spicy and herbaceous nuances.

Sandalwood Eau de Toilette was launched in 2004.

Sandalwood Eucalyptus Jasmine Fir Herbal Notes

Proraso Red After Shave
Sandalo

Sandalwood Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

Buysblind
Buysblind

I stumbled upon this accidentally in a local pharmacy and immediately liked it. AoS Sandalwood is unique because it opens with a eucalyptus note, which really can't be confused for anything else. It's not an incredibly strong eucalyptus, but strong enough so that you can't miss it, and if you do, you probably have a cold. So for some people who don't like eucalyptus this can be an immediate turnoff. It wasn't for me however. I like the integration of eucalpytus, and it's followed by a great sandalwood accord. The sandalwood here is exceptionally smooth, and it's accented with moist green notes, so it never feels desert bone-dry as some sandalwoods do. A comment was directed my way while wearing this, I was told I "smell like a rainforest." I found that comment fitting, a testament to the greenness that this particular fragrance conveys. I also wouldn't say this is a particularly "creamy" sandalwood. First of all, I think this adjective, "creamy," is way overused when describing sandalwood, as I've only encountered one or two truly "creamy" sandalwoods before--most just feeling dry, and woody. Secondly, "smooth" would be the proper way to describe this, as it takes little strain to imagine your hand gliding effortlessly over the sandalwood base, just like the hood of a freshly waxed car. I get about average to slightly above average projection with Art of Shaving Sandalwood and decent longevity around 6 hours. It has a casual, comfortable feel and works well as a daily style of fragrance that can be worn year round. It's undoubtedly masculine, and while I don't ascribe fragrance to age, Sandalwood has more of a traditional feel than something young and modern. Unfortunately, to my understanding it has just been discontinued. I was able to pick up 100ml bottles from AOS' website for under $20 during some kind of flash sale, which told me that something was wrong. Since then I've heard Art of Shaving is more or less revamping a good portion of their line and giving some of their classic standards the axe. Don't fret--many bottles are still available for sale at various online retailers--but I imagine they'll start to dry up over the next year or so. Now's a good time to get a bottle of Sandalwood if it sounds like it may appeal to you. Thumbs up.

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

This is very nice, a warm green take on Sandalwood. I do not necessarily pick up all of the notes listed but the sandalwood is nice, smooth, warm, and rich. It is not spicy and not too dry. Rather it is sweet but not in a vanilla or candy way. It is not powdery to my nose. Performance is light but decent enough to be a cologne or edt. I wish it performed slightly better and was slightly less expensive then it currently is. Overall though a good effort from AoS.
On a side note, not as earthy as their sandalwood shave cream.

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

This is a beautiful Sandalwood scent, in the truest sense of the word, with the effective use of high quality oils making for a noteworthy composition at a competitive price. The opening of eucalyptus provides a herbaceous sweetness that reminds me of a rich minty shaving lather. This remains throughout the dry down which is all about a deep, woody, creamy Sandalwood. Very strong and very long lasting on my skin. This it totally masculine and is extremely sensual and sexy - women really love this scent! Versatile for all occasions and seasons - it smells very exotic on a dry summer's night. I can highly recommend checking this out, whether you are new to Sandalwood scents or you are a seasoned veteran. I also have the shaving cream with the same scent, it is marvellous. I recall the day I tested it with one spray to my hand, I let it settle and went to a bar for lunch and a beer - I can vividly recall what one lovely young waitress said whilst passing - "...that perfume is so beautiful it is making my head spin..." I just had to go back and buy it, it's an intoxicating scent with a charming hint of a high-class, modern barber shop. Divine!

Jassar
Jassar

Starts off with the eucalyptus and fir needle oil that creates an evergreen type scent that has a slight medicinal/herbal quality. This slowly fades over time and the sandalwood gets stronger.

This is a very masculine scent for fall/winter. It is dry and smooth at the same time. I do not find this to be powdery at all or really creamy.

Longevity is great and lasts all day and projection is very average. This is how I prefer my fragrances.

numcks
numcks

Very nice pine/balsamic/eucalyptus tinged opening that evolves into a smooth creamy sandalwood. Simple but very nice.

bugsyiii
bugsyiii

Sandalwood.....this is a wonderful fragrance. Very similar to Etro Sandalo but with more projection. This fragrance is truly a gem; creamy, natural and soft. Has a powdery drydown (not baby powder) very inviting and intriguing aroma.
Very much so masculine!

Also, very similar to Amouage Epic; if you want (somewhat) Amouage quality at an inexpensive price, try AOS Sandalwood. There are unique differences, however, with the prices of Amouage fragrances you can go the inexpensive route with this. This does not in any way suggest that AOS Sandalwood is of low quality, nor that Amouage is of lesser quality, etc...just saying that for someone whose not able to afford Amouage Epic, you can get something that resembles Amouage with this.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Art Of Shaving Sandalwood Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about The Art Of Shaving Sandalwood Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Sandalwood Eau de Toilette by The Art Of Shaving. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Sandalwood Eau de Toilette by The Art Of Shaving represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.