Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Italian Summer Fig The Body Shop for women and men
dislike

bitter
Italian Summer Fig The Body Shop for women and men Videos
Italian Summer Fig The Body Shop for women and men Pictures Italian Summer Fig The Body Shop for women and men Pictures Italian Summer Fig The Body Shop for women and men Pictures Italian Summer Fig The Body Shop for women and men Pictures

The collection of Voyage will contain the latest fragrance inspired by sweet, juicy fig decorated with floral and green notes. The composition of the fragrance ITALIAN SUMMER FIG opens with sparkling, refreshing shades of green notes and vine leaves, combined with honey fruit figs. The heart adds floral flavors of rose spiced with saffron while the base calms down the floral-fruity union with warm, woody notes of oak and amber.

Italian Summer Fig 50 ml EDT will be accompanied with perfumed body care products: Fragrance Mist, Shower Gel, Body Lotion and Body Cream. Voyage arrives in sale on July 21, 2015.

Fig Green Notes Vine

Dolce Vita

Italian Summer Fig Fragrance Reviews

LouPoetka
LouPoetka

This is a review for The Body Shop's "Italian Summer Fig" EDP.

What a joyful, lovely fragrance this is! It smells like summer, no doubt. Italian Summer Fig is green, yes, but it's also warm due to the fig. Fig is probably my favourite fruity note, because it has something inherently spicy about it even though it's, well, a fruit.

This fragrance reminds me a bit of Roger & Gallet's Fleur de Figuier, only a lot less spicy and musky.

There is no big mystery to Italian Summer Fig. At the first spray you get a LOT of delicious fig and something like freshly-cut grass; it's a light scent that seems to float up towards your nostrils. The flowery notes amplify the fig summer-like sweetness, but the green notes don't let it go overboard. At the dry down, the amber-ish base notes blend with the fig, lingering very close to the skin.

The only negative side is, for me, the longevity. It's really weak, even for an EDT, and doesn't last more than a couple of hours on my skin. I need to apply it generously the first time for it to project, and after an hour or so I have to reapply it to keep the fig bright and alive.

Other than that, Italian Summer Fig is lovely in every aspect. This fragrance is nothing if not an invitation to summer, with all the gaiety and light sensuality of the season.

daynierds
daynierds

I have both the edt and edp of Philosykos cause I do love them and smell highly natural and juicy...they remind of fig trees and to be more specific of the fig leaves I usually smell and see when I am in Greece...Yesterday, when in Pandorf, Autria, I smelled Italian summer fig and it was the first time I regreted having bought the 2 bottles, this smells almost 97% like philosykos for a fraction of the price...besides it comes with many other products which can indeed enhance the performance of it..which is not that good in philosykos either....
Fig lovers, do not be fooled by the brand and try this...

Flowercat
Flowercat

I guess I like green perfumes! Found this at Marshalls post-holiday and I was charmed by its fresh, sweet brightness!
I can't imagine this being unisex, it's so feminine in its fresh sweetness. And yes I find it to be sweet--in a unique, flavorful way.
What a fun, happy, upbeat pretty fragrance!

rakan1985

80% day / 20% night fragrance
nice coconut scent

Rilani
Rilani

I am a big fan of gourmand scent so I said "eww..", wrinkled my nose and frowned when I first tested this fragrance on my wrist at the store. I stepped out empty-handed. Later on that afternoon, I went to get myself a cup of coffee at my regular cafe. I sat outdoor since the weather was nice. A warm wind blew softly and suddenly a very beautiful scent struck my nostril. I tried to look for where the scent came from and realised that it just came right from my own wrist. I went back to grab a bottle of this and one more bottle on the next day. It is a short-lived fragrance on me but I never mind reapplying over and over again. I am in love.

Andie68
Andie68

Just blind bought this in the Body Shop sale, wasn't quite sure what to expect after reading different reviews but oh, I love it! On me it's got a lovely sweetness, like the sweet smell from freshly cut grass, it's not overpowering, just sits there quietly on your skin but allowing you to catch a lovely sweet uplifting smell every now and then it's wonderfully comforting, I sprayed myself about noon today, it's nearly 5pm now and I can still smell it. Truly beautiful and feminine. I was going to keep it till Summer but it works well on this cold Autumn day too. It reminds me a bit of Joop le Bain, the same sweetness but this has something much warmer and cosy to it. I love blind buying perfume, some are hit and miss but this is definitely a big hit x

becky_wang272
becky_wang272

Not bad, didn't think much of it at first (sample). But I remember spraying the sample on my wrist in the summer and it was good times. Fresh, zesty but light, and green and sweet but also, a bit ...bitter? in a good way, like you're smelling the figs and the grass and a bit of soil or lemony ish. Really wouldn't mind having this again. The longevity is questionable but the scent is fresh and juicy and is unlikely to give anyone a headache.

cecfor
cecfor

Second review.
I tried this in my search of fig. The fig is lovely but it lasts only a short time. Then it goes into all wood and that part is artificial. It is a bit masculine but masculine is ok. I have many loves with a masculine touch. It is the artificial aspect o the wood I don't like, I realized. Most fig notes dissappear soon I think so this one is not alone in that. I guess it is because fig is mainly a topnote.

Alyss
Alyss

This is delicious to layer with the TBS shower gel, the wonderful body cream and with some further fig perfume such as Premier Figuier, which has some very similar notes. But get it while you can; in the stores in the UK it is currently on sale, and I am told it is to be discontinued. I wear Premier Figuier over a base of TBS Italian Summer Fig body butter, and this extends both of them and is fabulous for a summer's afternoon. What you say ptilda is probably correct, this is to be discontinued because it has not sold enough, but it is one of the more sophisticated and engaging TBS fragrances.

ptilda
ptilda

I am a firm believer that perfumes are like music . . . quality does not determine popularity. In fact, the better and more unique a scent is, the more likely it is not to be widely popular. This is, I think, why places like The Body Shop are destined to cater to young, BBW-esque noses. This is not an insult, it's just part of the journey. And sometimes I like those kinds of scents.

However, when it comes to scents like Italian Summer Fig, I love to spend time with this scent. This is not the kind of scent I wear when I want compliments. It's the kind of scent to wear when I simply want to feel fresh and summery all day. It literally smells like they took my entire 14' fig tree I have in my house (plus fruit, which mine has not ever given me) and bottled it. It smells like the fruit, the leaves, the bark, and a bit of the soil.

My only issue is the longevity, but even after a few hours it gives me a slight sweet woodiness wafting up to my nose. It's almost not there. No, it's as if the scent is not here at all, but as if I am THERE . . . in the Mediterranean, experiencing the scented air.

babybear1
babybear1

I don't know why but I love this scent!! I first fell in love with the fig note when I bought Pacifica's Mediterranean fig perfume. This is a beautiful surprise. I bought the full bottle right on the spot.

A couple of months later I ordered the body lotion and another full bottle on sale on line.

Its fresh, light and that fig note is the star of the show here. I LOVE it!!

thesheppardess
thesheppardess

For a woman who loves florals and tries not to impulse buy, Summer Fig has made me break all my rules.

Yesterday, I tried a spray of Fig on the blotter, very nice. Committed to spraying on arm, still nice. Walked about for a few minutes, still smelling very nice. Cost? $12.50 Canadian. On sale as it is being discontinued. I purchased 2 bottles and may yet buy another one for back up.

I can discern no difference between Summer fig and the Diptique fig.

Yesterday was so warm and muggy, the green-ness of Summer fig was perfect. So fresh.... there is just enough floral to stop the fragrance from being too dry.

I must be in the minority here, as Summer Fig is being discontinued, due to lack of popularity.

UrbanSeamstress

Update to my original review:

I should probably have mentioned that the first time I tried this EdT (which forms the base of my original experience, described below) the weather was warm (but crisp) and sunny and I had spritzed it on rather generously. Today I am wearing it again, but it is grey and dreary, drizzling even, and a lot cooler. I also used a more moderate amount. It is fascinating how much difference these conditions make: today I am not getting the same full blown ripening at all. The scent is more linear and remains leafier, greener, topped with with some fresh fig fruit sweetness, and also something slightly herbal and soapy. Slightly less bitter too, especially in the opening. Totally unisex and totally delicious! Definitely signature scent material for me, at least for the season or as long as my Mediterranean craving lasts.

UrbanSeamstress

For me, this one truly lives up to its name: it is all about fig -- fig tree, fig leaves, fig fruit and all -- in the most realistic way possible. To be honest, I do not really get any of the other notes listed at all (pity, as I really would not mind the wood and amber), but the fig itself is done rather superbly.

On me, this EdT starts of green and bitter, like the scent of a fig tree grove just before sunrise, when the air is still damp and earthy. As the sun rises and the air warms up, the trees gradually start to release their typical figgy sweetness. First I smell the sun-soaked leaves, somewhat herbal and only slightly sweet against a bitter-green backdrop, but about five minutes in the fruit starts to ripen too, adding a very realistic fresh fig fruit impression to the mix. I am highly sensitive to smell, so this might be different for others, by in my opinion projection is rather impressive at this stage -- I caught myself looking around in search of a stall selling fresh figs, thinking "the coincidence!", before I realised it was the EdT! The fruit continues to ripen, sweetening to the point of headiness, but still with keeping that slightly bitter-green note in the background. About 45 minutes to an hour in, the scent evolves to my least favourite part: the fruit has ripened so much that it smells like fig candy to me, soon to be followed by a slightly alcoholic over-ripeness that reminds me of a thick and sweet fig liquor, the kind one might find in a good quality dark chocolate bonbon. Luckily, this stage last only briefly and soon the scent settles into something much closer to the skin, that appears surprisingly clean and even slightly soapy on first whiff, but on closer inspection still revolves around that unmistakeable figgy bitter-green-sweetness.

On me this EdT (and especially the last stage) lasts really well: when I took a shower roughly 7 hours after I had applied it, it was still clearly noticeable on my skin.

Conclusion: an interesting and utterly wearable scent, especially for fig lovers, with a completely unisex opening and drydown. The brief middle part is maybe a bit too heady-sweet -- I personally would have liked something woody and/or aromatic to kick in here -- but this is such a nice departure from the usual sickly sweet or overly citrusy "fruity florals" that I have actually picked up a bottle. I am craving something Mediterranean at the moment and this really does remind me of sun-soaked Mediterranean fruit-laden fig trees.

sevbu
sevbu

As i don't have the chance to try Premier Figuier and Philosykos, i gave this one a go. Doesn't smell like a perfume actually. It's like freshly cut grass and soil after rain. Not sweet not even a bit. Def unisex (more on the masculine side due to the bitterness). Lasting power and sillage are the worst. As a result i'm not impressed but i don't regret blind buying. Good for layering with sweet scents. it's different but i must admit that it's way too bitter for me.

Edit: I did try Philosykos so, it is quite creamy and billion times better than this one.

yasmin.mochtar
yasmin.mochtar

This is a little different with what I mostly have in my collection, but I really like this. To me this smells like nature and childhood. You can smell that green, damp grass, fig, a smile, comfort, innocence and happiness. It later melts to a very natural nutty, milky skin scent. Oh I wanna hug myself! lol. The staying power of the TBS Italian Summer Fig is just okay. Approximately 3-4 hours. A cheaper alternative to Diptyque's Philosykos or so I heard?

elon
elon

This is not a complex scent. It basically smells like a fresh fig leaf. Near our summer house there is a fig tree and this exactly smells like that trees leaves. Nice for summer. Fresh&green.

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

This'll is the leafy unripe green fig scent that I've been looking for and at it's price ($28) it can't be beat. It's pretty linear, but I don't mind because it's so nice! I actually like this more than Philosykos because I find it to be a tad drier and more leafy.

Italian Summer Fig feels earthy, green and herbal, so if you're expecting fruity, sweet, coconut-heavy fig look elsewhere. I love that it doesn't choke you in the summer heat like other overly ripe fruity fig fragrances. It was 90°F/33°C today and this was completely pleasant. In my opinion the longevity is pretty good (6 hours or so), especially when spray generously on skin and clothing. I can always smell this strongly on my clothing the following day. I always oil my skin with jojoba oil and a drop of vegetable glycerin to help extend lighter scents like this. ISF is great for all genders as well.

whitenette
whitenette

I went for a blind buy because only the EDT was available and only through online in my country. Thoroughly disappointed at the complete lack of sillage and longevity. Also just overall lack of scent. I'm practically using it as a body mist but somehow I can still barely smell it.
I don't smell anything floral or woody. Just a bunch of green notes, including the fig.
And the new bottle sucks. Not quite sure how to hold it.
Edit: The dry down is floral, but it sticks so close to the skin that it doesn't matter. Still not getting any wood and the dry down doesn't last beyond 4 hours.

Pinksugarplum03
Pinksugarplum03

This fragrance is very fresh, green, with a hint of fruitiness. It is perfect for the spring and summer months. I wish it was a permanent fragrance.

lemmenkukka
lemmenkukka

This is easy and nice for spring and summer. It's light and fresh and moderate enough. And price is nice too.

Sherrywijaya69
Sherrywijaya69

Got this at a mall for $32 blind bought,the lady somehow insisted me to try other scents before buying,maybe people didn't like it? The scent doesnt change at all,what you spray is what you get,it smells like a hotel,clean and fresh,it's a sweet-grass scent,the sillage is very poor,longevity is just slightly below average,
Bottle: 3.5,lets be real here its kinda ugly
Packaging:6.5
Scent:7.5
Uniqueness:2
Sillage:4
Longevity:4.5

Repurchase? Yes,its way more affordable then L'AP & diptyque and they smell quite similar as well,also its great put this on when you wanna smell clean

mamehaviolette
mamehaviolette

I was born and raised in southern Italy and in front of my house there has always been a gorgeous fig tree, that carries the juiciest fruits every summer. This scent smells exactly like its leaves and its fruits, when they are not so ripe. I find it amazing and unique, very green. I love it.

catie_
catie_

I love this scent.. it smells like sunshine, freshly cut grass after a rainy day surrounded by fruit trees. It takes me back to when i was a kid running around playing outside in june. Love it.

lilymorena
lilymorena

I have just bought a FB of Italian Fig based on advice from you Fraganticans. Thanks for helping me save 70 euros. I had a sample of Philosikos Edp and I had Premier Figuier Edt. It smells indeed like Philosikos and Premier Figuier. It has a weak to moderate sillage. Longevity is about... after 4 hours I still can smell it as a skinscent. It is gorgeus and for the price? A keeper. Love it.

nvenus

My third time giving an opinion on this and I'm sure I've made up my mind this time. It wasn't super bad but I don't want to like it. It smells too green, a little like grass. With a more prominent fig note, it could have been better. It smells ok after a while when the green notes aren't as strong.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Read about this somewhere and I love green/woody fig leaves as well as the sweet fruit itself. I wondered which one this was and bought the body mist. This scent is about the leaves just like Philosykos. It stayed green throughout the four hours on me although Diptyque lasted more than 12 hours. Body Shop version is not as smooth as Philosykos only if you have both to compare at the same time otherwise only a perfumista can tell (or might even be able to fool one). So if you like Philosykos but prefer to scrimp, Body Shop version works. Will have to test the perfume against the body mist to see if there is a difference in the notes.

One spray on me
Sillage: half a foot
Longevity: 4 hours.

nvenus

I gave it another try today and it wasn't as bad as I once thought. The fig note is nice but compared to Fijian Water Lotus, Japanese Cherry Blossom and Indian Night Jasmine I only think this one is ok. I would rather buy some of the others than this one.

A nice fig scent among green notes mixed with some mild floral notes.

Zaleska
Zaleska

This one put a smile on my face, because ALL of the fig scents I've ever tried ever since smelled really dry.
This one is a sweet, ripe fig.
At last! Thank you, TBS.

nvenus

Smelled it right after the Cherry Blossom, scented Grass and immidiately said No.

nettoyant
nettoyant

How wonderful is this fragrance!? :o The Body Shop hasn't quite been the same since they did away with their gorgeous and large selection of oils. Their latest (sadly limited edition) options are fantastic though!

This is a slightly sweet, green and refreshing scent. The fig and vanilla scratch that gourmand itch, the greenness keeps it fresh. There's also a rich milkiness and I'm not sure what it is. Lactonic, but from where? I don't care! I adore this. If you're not a fan of saffron, no worries, it's not noticeable. It actually lasts quite a long time on me (6 hours), unlike any other regular Body Shop scents.

Lalaith
Lalaith

This is absolutely stunning fig fragrance. Starting with a blast of green figues, with slightly aromatic vibe, then turns sweeter as the fig ripens on the sun... Ends with a woodsy base. And that's it. Super simple, I don't get any florals, roses and other things listed. It's all about fig.

I don't get much similarities with Philosykos, becouse Philosykos is not sweet at all on me, figues remain green all the time and then it turns to tough woody base. More green, less subtle and soft.

Premier Figuier is closer, but even it has greener and fresher fig note (not THAT green as Philosykos). And the sillage and lasting power of Premier Figuier is really poor! Summer Fig from Body Shop lasts longer - and for a fraction of price.

Premier Figuier Extreme is definitely sweeter, figues are almost rippen, but there's quite strong coconut note on me and wonderful woody base. Coconut is fresh, not sickly sweet and artificial. But it's quite a lot different from Italian Summer Fig. And again - Italian Summer Fig lasts longer than Extreme version.

So, if you love fig notes, go to The Body Shop and try out this new green beauty. You'll get one of the best fig fragrances on the market, even when you compare price and sillage + longevity.

P.S.: Don't expect the massive sillage and longevity from this! It's still fig fragrance... And I read that fig notes are really volatile, so it's hard to do fragrance based mainly on fig which lasts long. But with all the matching body products it can be quite good - especially in comparison with other (more expensive) fig frags.

Angelica 000
Angelica 000

Whilst trying to replicate Philosykos I first found Christianne Celle Figue, the epitome of over ripe, oozing, fig perfection. I thought that was it...I have just found the perfect green fig, crushed leaves,sharp green figginess with depth, WOW.Love it.

moniote
moniote

Délicious light fig fragrance ...NOT over the top . Green And Woody with a touch of sweetness....
100% unisex !

buraktemiz93
buraktemiz93

This is really nice. I normally don't shop from mall stores such as B&BW or Body Shop but I saw commercial of this one and supersized. Told my self that "A mall store made fig based fragrance ?". Decided to try.

I want to make this clear on everybody's mind. Fig is a note that concentration of it is very low such as citrus. When the fragrance is dominated by Fig, it won't last. Whichever fig based fragrance you will put your to, they will give you about the same performance if the fragrance dominated by Fig. I own Armani's Figuier Eden and I've tested Diptyque's Philosykos EDP. Non of them gave me more than 4 hours.

Smell ? This is AMAZING. When you spray it first, this eau de toilette doesn't give you any alcohol smell and when I checked under the bottle, alcohol level is 70% which is very good comparing to most fragrance with 80%. It opens up with sweet FIG dominant scent and some sweetness. I believe amber note is giving that sweetness but not too much. Green notes is there to give some grassy smell. But scent contains over 50% of Fig and Fig Leaf notes. It smells very authentic fig and very realistic, at least first 30 minutes.

As you can guess, it gets lighter later on and lasted about 4 hours. Projected good for 1 hour. I don't really complain because I only paid $28 and it gives that smile to my face whenever I smell it.

Protilde
Protilde

It´s a lovely, fresh, fig fragrance. But it lasts nothing on my skin... I bought it because I fell in love at fist sniff, but I won´t repurchase, because of its (lack of) longetivity.

Atticusalexis
Atticusalexis

It had been a long time since any Bodyshop fragrance caught my attention. This caught my eye when i was on my way home from office.
I have to admit it was the packaging that draws me to it, and so i tried it on the paper strip. It was fresh, green and a little sweet, reminded me of L'artisan's premier figuier yet it lacks the milky scent i detect from premier figuier. The greenish fig aspect of the fragrance reminded me of Diptyque's Philosykos.
I would think this is a good attempt from body shop to create something that is somewhat different from its usual floral or fruity offering. It is a good contender for the 2 that it reminded me of. It smells like a niche perfume but at a wallet friendly price. The only downside i can think of is the longevity. It is quite short, can't smell it on my wrist after 2 hours. Other than that, i would get a bottle as it is something i would spray away liberally.

Update 24th March 2016:
Bought it with vouchers, nice work indeed. Will be wearing this in warm weather.

IndySA
IndySA

Whilst having a coffee at a shopping mall, I saw this advertised in the window of a Body Shop today and was keen to go inside to give it a test. Unfortunately on my skin this is beyond repulsive! It smells like a real cheap fragrance and it gave me a real bad headache.

I've always loved any of the Body Shop fragrances I've tested and owned, but sadly I must say I really dislike this one.

fgamz
fgamz

This is quite a refreshing fragrance.. I received a sample of this when I bought my wild argan body stuff and this is a very pretty fragrance..

Would I wear this? Probably not but give it a go and try it.. I also smell coconut as well.. A perfect summer fragrance..

Isobela
Isobela

This is quite beautiful, a real leafy, earthy, juicy fresh and sweet fig scent. Along the lines of estee lauder 'Sensuous Nude' and even Jennifer Lopez 'Glowing'. It has overall similarities to those two with it's fresh, woody, sensual vibe but of course featuring fig as the star of the show. I would HIGHLY recommend this to any fig lovers out there.

Lasting power was not great unfortunately and with the jacked up price tag for this new line I did expect a bit more in this department. For example the 'Jasmine' scent from this new line is the same as all the jasmine scents that they have brought out (Indian Night Jasmine, which I love, Neroli Jasmine before that etc) but with a hugely increased price tag. Not impressed by this Body Shop, hopefully they will still continue to stock their other style wonderful fragrances which I adore and appeal to my budget at present :)

Anyways back to the scent.....the dry down is pretty, it still has the earthy leafy vibe which I find quite pleasant but is also reminiscent at this stage of the 'Tobacco Flower' scent of a few years ago. It is totally unoffensive and office/work appropriate. If I had a colleague that wore this I wouldn't mind at all smelling it all day.

If I was a particular fig fan I might get it, even though longevity wasn't spectacular, as I am not particularly I think I'll pass this time, just cannot justify it to myself. If you are a particular fig fan you need to get yourself down to the nearest Body Shop!

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Italian Summer Fig opens with the green smell of fig leaves and sap, and then transitions into a skin scent of soft sweet fig fruit and slightly powdery amber after about 3 hours. I was positively surprised by the initial green smell, as it's quite natural and vivid, and it does remind me of Premier Figuier and Philosykos at this stage.

The sillage is soft and the longevity is around 5 hours. Italian Summer Fig is not an exact dup of the two aforementioned upscale fig fragrances, since its dry down is quite different and the opening green smell is not as refined. However, considering the price, I think it performs quite well. I'd definitely recommend it as an affordable green fig fragrance.

MelonFarmer
MelonFarmer

It's not listed in the notes, but the base contains a whopping dose of heliotropin, a.k.a. Migraine Inducer for me!

Ouch. Very ouch.

On the plus side, it lasts a reaaaally long time. Takes some scrubbing to wash off. If you like this scent then you certainly get some bang for a very reasonable buck.

Jomoves
Jomoves

An unexpected surprise from The Body Shop! Very fresh, natural smelling fig scent that combines elements of fig, olive and woody musk with niche-style panache. A real "Did Body Shop make THIS?" experience.

Not all that long lasting and the fig notes become more musky on me after an hour or so. As I understand it, a number of The Body Shop fagrances are transitioning to this new packaging which really is lovely. What's not so lovely is that your favorite transitioning scents are going to be more expensive. Italian Summer Fig costs AUD$36.95 for 50ml but the old style bottle scents are $27.95 for the same size.

I mention this so budget minded perfume lovers like myself can stock up if they aren't dying to have the new bottle. But if you are then I complelely get it ;)

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

Delicious and refreshing. I dont see coconut listed but I smell coconut water throughout this. Fig is the shining green star in this with a backdrop of wood. There's some florals but not at all cloying or distracting the freshness of the fig. An easy summer in a bottle, only thing missing is the hammock!

This smells like an expensive designer perfume, slap a higher price tag, fancy label and many people including myself would still shell out the cash for this. This is very similar to Diptyque Philosykos. I love both to be honest, how can I turn down two wonderful fig fragrances? I do find Italian Summer Fig to be a bit sweeter with the florals. If you are on a budget and cant afford Philosykos, or interested in a good summer fragrance, then this is a perfect choice instead. The Body Shop brought this out just in time for summer(Hence the name) yet sadly, The Body Shop is notorious for creating great fragrances and discontinuing very shortly so I hope this stays!

patxaran
patxaran

Agree with previous review that this isn't really unisex unless he is into sweet scents. Starts off with lots of fig leaves (at this point I am curious and excited) and then the slightly artificial sugared fig fruit comes out to play. It is nicely balanced between green and fruity but really evoking nothing more than a ripe fig with some fig leaves in an empty box of italian soap. The sort of scent you'd expect from a souvenir. It does say what it says on the bottle but it doesn't tell a story or take me on a journey anywhere. It is not very perfume-y either. In summary, I had high hopes but won't pick this up unless a mega bargain comes along and I am bored. At the current pricepoint I prefer my other figgy favourites both sweet and salty!

Elokitty
Elokitty

It's quitte similar to Premier figuier with the fig, green and powdery notes.
But it goes away from Phylosikos exactly because Phylosikos doesn't have this powdery notes.
For me Italian summer fig fits better on a women.

Musky4
Musky4

This is very green and light. On first application, I can mainly smell the fig and some of the green and floral notes. I tried this together with the body butter and neither lasted very long on my skin. This would be a good choice for a light summer scent, but disappears too quickly for me personally.

SeverinaSerizy
SeverinaSerizy

Very nutty and honeyd but also with something that reminds me of barbershops and perhaps Fahrenheit?
To me it's very unisex but I myself would turn to a brand like Acqua di Parma if I was in search of a summery refreshing cologne that tries to seize a Italian experience in a bottle of perfume.

haapisaapi
haapisaapi

Wow! Finally a budget friendly fig, not bad at all! It almost reminds me to Philosykos or the Premiere Figuiere. I only hope I won't get the headache which I usually get from Body Shop scents.

mudpach
mudpach

I have edt...so this is very green, very fig and very sharp to me. Very similar Premier Figuier. The new design is lovely!

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

like the notes!! body shop are doing a good job lately:)

amusedarcher
amusedarcher

Faithful TBS fan. The listed notes are delicious and hopeful. I'd love to try it soon.

spcmiller
spcmiller

I'd be upset about all of these fig fragrances if it wasn't one of my absolute all-time favorite notes. Can't wait to try this! High hopes indeed!