Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Love ETC The Body Shop for women

Love ETC The Body Shop for women
dislike

Love ETC The Body Shop for women Pictures Love ETC The Body Shop for women Pictures

Love etc by The Body Shop presents love as universal strength. This seductive, hot and exciting perfume is composed of neroli, pear and bergamot in top notes. A heart introduces jasmine, heliotrope and lily of the valley, while a base encompasses vanilla, sandalwood and creamy musk. The fragrance is available as 30 and 50ml edp, as well as fragrant bath and body care lotion. Love ETC was launched in 2009.

Neroli Bergamot Pear

Love Etc...™ Sun Kiss

Love ETC Fragrance Reviews

polly golightly
polly golightly

piccolo gioiellino con note di testa di vaniglia e pera smorzate dalla giustapposizione di vari sentori floreali (mughetto, fiori d'arancio, eliotropio) e legnosi di sandalo. l'effetto (mi riferisco alla formulazione edp), ben bilanciato, ne fa un gradevole profumo "florientale" con un lievissimo accenno fruttato. non male. ho appena scoperto che dietro c'è Dominique Ropion, e scusate se è poco: la classe c'è, la semplicità pure. semplice sì, come il suo nome, love etc.

alwaysjulina
alwaysjulina

So many reviews are right when they say creamsicles, vannilla cakes, hello kitty! i have the solid perfume. Im too old for fun youth fragrance but it's ok as a soapy clean smell for after a shower.

Beams
Beams

Nice, sweet, cozy and so relaxing. Very beautiful on cottonwear.
The bottle shape is similar to Promesse Cacharel. May be I cant reconize all notes yet, but I can reconize the Dominique's noze. When I was 16-17, me parfume collection was mostly by him (Aqua di Gioa, Amor Amor).
This perfume is more sweet than Armani Mania but both of them makes same mood.
This scent reminds me of my shooltime.

elena.kurlaviciute
elena.kurlaviciute

I remember having a sample of this perfume, and I loved every drop of it!

Veynus
Veynus

I got a super tiny tester of this a long time ago and it was just the best smelling perfume I had at the time. I layered it with a super sweet citrus and vanilla perfume I had and got compliments-but on its own it was amazing as well. I just remember it being fruity, bright and sweet-but not too sweet. More recently I tried some love etc body cream at tjmaxx and it was terrible. I fault the length of time the body cream had been there- maybe it was stale or old and crusty. Either way I refuse to believe my tastes had changed that much when it came to this super pretty little thing. I am hoping to try the actual perfume again so I can once and for all determine if this is signature material or if it no longer works for me. Until then it's on my loves list.

mimieq8
mimieq8

So sad that this perfume is discontinued =(

sophiesnose
sophiesnose

The solid is AMAZING! The EDT is just MEH. They are nothing alike. So strange.

jockinjb
jockinjb

This perfume is discontinued, but I have a 3.4 ounce completely new in the box if anyone would like to trade. I will trade it for anything on my want list, or almost anything on my have list... :)

Miruna
Miruna

Very pleasant and delicate and sweet, suitable for everyone

kaypops
kaypops

This smells VERY similiar in fact almost identical to Betsey Johnson's self titled perfume. I sniffed it and my first thought was "This smells just like my Betsey Johnson." Very vanilla and musky.

Alysha
Alysha

I liked this when it first came out, and now I find it somewhat screechy.

A La Angel
A La Angel

This is a review for the Solid Perfume.

I like this a lot better than the Eau de Parfum of Love ETC. The key with solid perfume is to do the thing you're not supposed to do with spray perfume: RUB. I dab a little bit on one wrist and then rub my wrists together to warm it up... and then, nirvana.

On me, the Solid Perfume is vanillary (as expected), slightly powdery (as expected) and creamy (NOT expected at all!). There is a definite whipped cream quality to it, which is just... BEYOND! It's great for a bedtime fragrance, it quite literally LULLS me to sleep. I don't get jasmine (but I normally don't pick it up very easily) and I don't get any citrus at all (unlike with the EDP, where I found the bergamot a little shrill). The drydown is where the sandalwood shines through, and blends beautifully with what is left of the vanilla and powder.

I have owned the EDP before and it was a boring, 'nice' fragrance that I was completely UNDERWHELMED by. This solid perfume is much more interesting, and quite unlike anything else I own. Try it.

Littlewing8_9
Littlewing8_9

I had this perfume when I fell in love for the first time. It almost brings tears to my eyes just thinking about all the feelings and memories of being crazily in love. It feels like kissing someone and being about to cry their lips are so sweet to you that it makes your heart ache. So pretty much it is an achingly sweet smell that is less a horrible fatty grocery store cupcake that one usually associates with sweet perfumes, but instead it's a lil more mature...not much, probably to some of you who think it's for ten year old girls. But to me, its like coco mademoiselle perfume, except sexier. Like, absolutely no granny powdery notes, which I notice are in a lot of classic perfumes. But no gross overly gormand sweet notes that are in lots of modern perfumes, that smell to me, like lard and icing sugar. Nope, it's kinda like.....a bouquet of roses, incense, earl grey tea, a soft leather jacket that's been in the sun for a while, orange creamsicles, really fluffy duvets, vanilla hair shampoo, whipping cream, late summer evenings waiting for the bus and sex. It's a half clean smell, half a lil dirty. It's innocent, but innocence dipping its toes into mild debauchery. It feels the way being really really stoned feels. So it's kinda fresh, definitely summery, but the underlying feeling is pure "I just lost my virginity to a studly boyfriend that my folks absolutely loathe and think is satan incarnate but I love him so much". Pretty much the smell of a little girl trying really hard to be a woman for the first time and convinced that she is. It's a candy smell with stuffy grown up florals trying to mask it, but failing miserably. But in the best way ever!!!!!! I love this stuff. It's like a hug to me.

dariarose
dariarose

This perfume is really quite cute.

The bottle certainly represents the sweet, soft and simple nature of the perfume.

If you are looking for a perfume that is very noticed, this isn't really the one for you.

But I love how it's so kind to your nose.

Like most perfumes the smell varies.
I usually always smell vanilla first, then a sweet scent attatched to a wood note and to follow a zing of pepper... I adore the vanilla, love the hint of pepper it makes it a little different and oddly cute and I feel at home with the sweetly wood smell.

Other times I will get burst of citrus and flowers. None of which I can truly identify.

This is perfect for any calm day, the beach, wearing white and a sophisticated lunch.

Quite soft, slightly sweet with the hint of savoury nature (pepper and wood).

I recommend it for you, if you want a less intense, lightly sweet and not the most long lasting perfume :)

magiccclaw
magiccclaw

I bought this perfume for the everyday use and also because it was on sale at the Body Shop, so I didn't fall in love with it before I decided to buy it.

BUT something happened that everytime I wore it I started getting compliments from everyone. Even though I didn't smell it on myself a lot of people that even got that close to me could smell it and complimented on it. They even asked me what was I wearing. I think this perfume has good chemistry with my skin.

fyetan
fyetan

I have an inkling that mine is beginning to turn, it's got the same sharp-sour alcohol scent as comes from my Nina Ricci "Nina" sprayer. Both have citrus top notes (Nina lemon, Love etc. bergamot) so those are probably the culprits. (I'd have to go to a Body Shop to confirm whether it's turned.)

HOWEVER. I love it.
It comes off as slightly sharp upon first spray but syrupy, it literally smells like a dollop of honey (you know how honey is syrupy sweet but still has a certain sharpness to it?). This is great news for me because I've been questing for honey for a long time!

The scent does evolve somewhat.
30 min - sharp honey on top of vanilla (moderate projection)
1 hr to 4 hours - warm honey drizzled over vanilla (low projection)
5 hr to 8 hours - very soft sweet skin scent (skin scent)

The longevity and projection are great! This is based off of 1 spray on each of the knees, one on the thighs, one on one forearm, and one on the head (I know, I'm weird. So anyways some are under clothes, some are on warm spots... 5 sprays total).
It's very noticeable when you first spray it (first 30 mins) and then afterwards, soft sillage that is inoffensive but still noticeable (I love that I get wafts of it throughout the day).

Give it a go if you like warm vanillic scents. Lasting power is great.

sonia.kassambara
sonia.kassambara

I use this EDT at work to make other floriental fragrances longer lasting mid-day or after hours. On its own, it is not special and has zero sillage or longevity. It does kind of reinvigorate whatever I sparyed before. It smells like cheap, watered-down Dune to me.

Thurea
Thurea

I really liked this when I received it as a tester, but for some reason, I just detest the stuff now. On my skin, it's overly cheap and downright nastly smelling. Just smells like alcohol and gives me a headache. Smells lovely on some of my friends though, just doesn't work with my chemistry. A shame!

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Have this for swap. PM me if you are interested in it.

youphoria
youphoria

Generic floral smells that has a aura of fennel seeds. Believe it or not, it's great.

mayaxylena
mayaxylena

My favorite perfume since I was in high school.

bluebellinthewoods
bluebellinthewoods

Basic floral fruity light. Nothing remarkable, young fresh and very purty. I don't reach for often then when I do wondered why I bothered. There are so many similar 'pretty' fragrances that do it so much better. Try Soap and Glory similar but with some oomph!

fizaahmad
fizaahmad

this perfume fits perfectly with the school kids.

jessbug
jessbug

I've had this one for a while, and I've worn it like four times total. It didn't really do much for me, and a lot of the (semi-)negative reviews here rang pretty true for me. I tried it again today, and it is so much better than I remembered!

That synthetic, flat vanilla base note is nowhere to be smelled, and for the first hour or so the base of this perfume reminds me of With Love by Hilary Duff, only softer and sweeter, and more vanillary. There is also this very light anise note hovering around in there, but it's not offensive, it just enhances the sweetness of the perfume.

I think it has something to do with the warm weather, but my skin/nose is doing amazing things to perfumes that I actually find more suited to colder weather. I have no idea why? In any case, this has gone from a 'dislike' to a solid 'like'. I still don't think it's an earth-shattering perfume, but it's very wearable, great for casual occassions.

3.5/5

ChypreAnn
ChypreAnn

This smells IDENTICAL to Burberry Brit on my skin; it's uncanny. I'm not putting it on my swap list because it's just like having a bottle of Brit.

xxjannyxx
xxjannyxx

This is a nice perfume. I just got an email from the bodyshop that this line is discontinued so better stock up while you can.

[email protected]
sayrmaillah@yahoo.com

my review will be about the edt version.idk maybe in my country only the edt is available coz the last time i went to TBS only saw edt no edp. anyhow given to me is the edt.the smell is really nice i love it. i can see why some people saying it smells kinda like burberry brit. i get that. the similarity of these fragrance is the pear note. in burberry brit the pear is more intense rather than the other notes, but in love etc the pear is the dominating note but you can smell the pear together with the other notes especially the flowers. for this edt, the longevity and sillage is moderate which i think it's fine. i also like the bottle. the 50 ml bottle is so small and not that bulky fits perfectly inside your bag. it's suitable for the day and i think ladies of any age can wear this.

Coconutmusk
Coconutmusk

I love The Body Shop but this is not at all representative of their usual quality. I had a friend who worked there and that's how I acquired this back when it was first released. To me, it smells like artificial vanilla (think Walmart vanilla candle), some kind of wood maybe and bitters. It's so harsh! How is something with colorful hearts and called "Love" so abrasive? It kinda has that sharpness that 80's perfumes had. I don't like this one bit.

lisamiarose
lisamiarose

i smelled this today and i didn´t liked it :( when i first sprayed i felt the neroli and the bergamont and it was a very fresh and clean opening however when the fragance starts to develop i feel a very creamy vanilla and makes me headaches its very sweet and i don´t like it at all

applestrudle

I hope this isn't being discontinued, it's been my signature scent for two years and I'm not ready to move on! :(

Sweet, musky and powdery. It's quite heavy and to me smells a bit stale. Like old candy and dust. I don't really know who Body Shop was trying to reach with this fragrance as it seems too sugary for older women and too musky for younger ladies.

Jama4
Jama4

Stale vanilla in a bottle!!

I agree with the boy next door. Love Ect does not match its packaging, neither did it meet my expectations. I expected a variation on the Body Shop's original vanilla...something jovial and sweet. Unfortunately what developed on my skin was musky (almost sweaty), stale, smelling vanilla.

My skin type: oily / youthful
Projection: sits close to the skin without a trail
Longevity: 4 hrs
Timing: Spring, Summer / day time
Office Safe: yes
Potency: Light (5 or more sprays)
Price: $10 at Winners / TJMaxx
Packaging: 4/10; the box is too big for the bottle and there is no cushioning to prevent the perfume from moving around

Will I repurchase: NO

Disclaimer: my experience may be different from your experience based on my skin type, my chemistry, the season, and my personal tastes

evesoho
evesoho

Love ETC. is like a little voice that sings brightly and as powerfully as it can. It has a bit of a sparkle. I don't understand why vanilla and musk are voted as the main components here. It's bergamot, bergamot, bergamot and neroli on me, with a bit of vanilla and pear. I don't think the vanilla is particularly beautiful in this scent, but the bergamot is starry with a twinkle of pear.

I bought this to wear for my part-time job teaching private piano lessons to children. I needed something that wouldn't smell too SERIOUS or too heavy. At the same time, I needed something that wasn't overly sweet, romantic, nostaligic or gentle. Neither did I want a strict "fruit" nor even a "fruity floral" because I overdid those types in my twenties. In short, I was specific and picky - and this one suited my needs perfectly!

Unlike the reviewer who expected more notes because of the myriad of hearts on the packaging, I appreciated how this perfume isn't just one or two blurry notes like other body shop perfumes (with the exception of the great Juba oil). I think that a single or double heart graphic may have been too intimate for this fragrance. The psychedelic shape of the hearts and the 'ETC.' in the title suggests love in a universal and humanitarian sense rather than the intimate love between lovers. This fragrance is one in which you can just love the whole world while you're dealing with the etcetera that goes along with everyone in it. I appreciate the spirit!

I don't wear this by itself much anymore, instead I layer it with White Musk Libertine (which I never wear on its own). Strictly a daytime scent except for once in a while in the summertime, and almost always strictly casual. The White Musk Libertine bottle is so attractive, I wish they would have paid more attention to this one, it doesn't look exciting.

theboynextdoor
theboynextdoor

Love, etc.

The Body Shop creates scents that are not your typical, fruity, sweetie, enjoyable concoctions like Victoria's Secret pulls out monthly.

They put a little 'strangeness' in their mix. Which makes them unique, yet still wearable.

When I first bought Love etc. as a gift for my sister a year or two ago, she gave it a try, and unfortunately wasn't in love with the fragrance. So we returned it.

I remember us wanting to love it, but there was a spiciness to it....an off-putting 'bite' which made it actually unlovely.

After recently checking out the reviews and seeing everyone rave about it's vanilla and romantic notes, I thought I'd give this one another try.

So today I went into the store and sprayed it on my wrists and walked out to review it myself.

There is an immediate warmth to Love etc, which is fitting for the theme of love...compassion...comfort...etc.

I will say I don't get a strong floral or sweet vanilla impression, more like a powdery or creamy vanilla.

What's weird to me is the scent itself does not match the colorful packaging.

The box has hundreds of rainbowed hearts flying around as if this scent just sweeps you off your feet and twirls you around.

But this scent is not fresh, fun, bright, and cheery like the imagery suggests.

Its a relaxed, settled, mature, and mysterious love.

Its warm and comforting indeed, but there is a creamy spice to this fragrance that makes me think of the color red or burgundy - not bright pink.

It's a good price for a perfume. And it definitely doesn't smell bad. But I still didn't fall in love with it.

On my wrist (two sprays each with the parfum) it was not nearly as strong as I would enjoy and there was no way anyone would be able to smell it off me unless I threw my wrists in their face.

I personally believe they need to update this fragrance, give it a makeover.

If they re-release the Summer 'Sun' versions of each of their fragrances, like 'Love etc. Sun Kiss' - then I will buy it!

But for now, this scent does not live up to my expectations of the word love and everything associated it with (etc.)

Until next time,

The Boy Next Door

amelia.neri
amelia.neri

I love it. I wear it for school (yeah im in seccondary school) and it smells lush, I get loads of compliments from everybody. I got it for christmas, I personally wouldn't of got it but i really like it. I would reccomend this too girls aged 10-15 years old.

luna1234567
luna1234567

I liked this at first but after wearing just a few times I got sick of of it. It's boring and seems like way too many girls smell like this so there's nothing really special about it and theres a note in there that bothers me. I'm not really sure what.

lat
lat

I got a sample of this and judging by the notes it should be right up my street BUT there was something disturbing about it and I couldn't pin-point what.

Now I now - on my skin it's waaay to much of vanilla-sandalwood-pear and not enough jasmine-neroli-bergamot. This is what bothers me about this fragrance and I gave away my sample. Such a shame!

psloves
psloves

I sometimes like this for daywear. Pleasent enough, reminds me of a toned down version of Britney Spears Fantasy.

I had it and liked it, especially for the strong vanilla note. But I guess I overdid it and also used the body lotion etc - I was fed up and didn't want another bottle anymore. Nice but simple vanilla. Quickly fading, I thought.

sweethearttx
sweethearttx

This review is for the EDP. I like this scent. Seems like an easy daytime scent that would be light and inoffensive. Sits close to the skin, which I prefer.

Smells like vanilla, sandalwood and a very subtle wisp of floral to me. There is something in the notes that can smell plasticky at times, and I'm not sure what that's about unless something is mixing strangely with my chemistry. It may just be the day, or it may be the type of vanilla in it. I definitely wouldn't rule it out based on that, but for me I'm still trying to determine if I really will wear this scent much.

All in all I like the scent and think it's nice for spring. I have trouble finding floral perfumes that don't completely overpower me and give me a headache. I got this one on sale for $12 so I decided to just give it a try. It's not a favorite but it's nice, and the price was great!

BillieNicole
BillieNicole

This is a generic fruity floral, but at its one of the better composed ones and at its price its a perfect everyday scent.

At first spray I can smell the vanilla and pear most of all, before the sandalwood and musk become more prominent. This scent to me is very powdery as well, which is nice in the day.

Neither the silage and lasting are very good though.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

I bought the EDP, in hopes of a creamy vanilla/pear/musk.
But all I smell is sharp, sour citrus.
Very similar to the VERY lime-y Burberry Brit, which I hate.
Don`t waste your money on this.

Deirdre1969
Deirdre1969

I encountered this in the store and maybe there were too many other fragrances flying around, but it smelled like cough syrup to me. :(

Nikko1
Nikko1

I like this scent too. It doesn't smell much like vanilla to me but,it is a sweet smelling perfume. On a last note, guys do like it. I mostly smell the Jasmine and musk. I'm more of fan of the soapy scents but, I still like this one.

annettepe
annettepe

i used to have it and used it so much in middle school. now i kind of grew out of it and dont think its that special anymore. it is however a very pleasant scent. its feminine and inoffensive. its strong on the vanilla and the white musk. i never really detected the pear but there are faint fruity and floral notes in this fragrance too.

chicrose
chicrose

i think it's a lil bit like armani mania
light and not long lasting

croshio
croshio

seems like I'm not a fan of vanilla in perfumes, this one is all vanilla and it made sick.

linzilou92
linzilou92

One of my most favourite "Day Time" scents as it's so adaptable. I can't imagine anyone hating it. I go for more sweet scents and love it. My Mam who likes florals, likes it and my aunty who likes fresh/clean fragrances, likes it also.

Great for work/school as it's not the type to offend someone. I think it's because none of the notes are overpowering, it's very well balanced. I've gone through a whole bottle of it, which means a lot with the amount of perfumes I own!

The only thing that people may not like is the lasting power but for the price I'm not too worried about it.

Leek
Leek

Absolutely beautiful fragrance. It's a perfect combination of sweet and flowery. Not too much of anything. I smell mostly jasmine, helitrope and vanilla. It's an easy to love fragrance, but still, it is not a generic fruity floral in my opinion. There's a kick to it, more personality. It's so soft yet the longetivy is fabulous!! It doesn't seem like a fragrance that would last long on the skin, but it stays there for hours, and it stays strong. Way to go, TBS and Mr. Ropion. This one is a keeper.

applestrudle

This fragrance is lovely! It's just beautiful! The only bad side is a lot of people at my high school wear it too.

norasmida
norasmida

At first, I want to buy Vanilla.. But The salegirls promote to me this perfume.. Its just arrive in Malaysia that time. Love at the first smell!!!

I really like the smell. Very refreshing and sweet. Its truly for girls. So, I buy it. My boyfriend love it, my family and my friends also love the smell.

The next time, I buy all the Love etc set (perfume, body wash, lotion, body spray).. When you combine it, the smell is so fresh..

But the same like the others perfume, dont take it to much. Because the smell will be too strong.

phoenixyox
phoenixyox

very nice and sweet scent, cheers me up...

lucifera
lucifera

i tried it on me last week on a afternoon,very pretty scent, the bf coudl still smell it a little the morning after! yesterday i got the lotion ,showergel with edp for a discount :D i had to have it,also reminds me of naomi campbell exult or naomagic

jesseyanne
jesseyanne

On a rainy baking day, I enjoy Love Etc. with Bodyshop's vanilla fragrance oil layered on pulse points.

KSBelle
KSBelle

I received a "moist towelette" sample of this in the mail several years ago. My husband liked it, but I discarded it nonetheless. To me, at the time, it was just another "teeny-bopper" fragrance (which oddly seems to be what most men prefer). This just wasn't my cup of tea. Don't get me wrong, I have those days when I want to feel young and carefree- even slutty, if you will. I just had plenty of "fun" fragrances like this already, and didn't see the need for one more. Then I heard that the nose behind this was none other than Dominique Ropion. I don't favor all of his perfumes- but I had been on a mission to add Portrait of a Lady, and Carnal Flower to my collection. So with this is mind I decided to give his "love-child" one more sniff. The price-tag was affordable, and I was simply...curious.
Surprisingly, I was delighted!! It wasn't what I expected at all! It was like hiding behind a mask at a mascarade ball, only to reveal yourself later in the evening. Everyone stops waltzing around you and gasps "Ahhh! You're not who we thought you were!!!". Then, with all eyes fixed on your stunning beauty, every male rushes to ask you for the next dance. Playfully you taunt them with your youthful candy-like innocence, and your spicy seductive smile. This truly wasn't meant to be worn by a girl who planned on going home alone, or with just anybody. This lady is playful, but tasteful. Love, etc. holds more intrigue than the other fragrances I've had in this genre. It's not the cheap Candy-Floss-Queen that I thought it was. It carries class for a reasonable price. At the same time it's seductive, and knows how to get what it wants. Spray some on, and you'll see what I mean. I'm glad I decided to give Love another chance, etc., etc., etc......

CozyCat
CozyCat

The first couple of hours of the EDP's development on my skin is so pretty and yummy, even reminding me a little of ice cream! Fluffy, creamy and smooth, I got a sweet cloud of pears and vanilla that's softened by a touch of musk and flowers. It's like the cozy pear-vanilla combo in Burberry Brit without the harsh lime. Oh so feminine! The dry-down was a let-down however, because I start to sense scratchy sandalwood rearing it's head and disrupting the sublime dreaminess of the top and heart...that's when the scent starts losing its smoothness and it starts smelling somewhat 'dull' and generic...I really, really wish the sweet pear note had not faded away at this stage! It does remind me of a few other scents out there though not exactly similar to anything...overall, I do like it all the same, it's a pretty good scent, versatile and wearable for all seasons. The EDT is more tart and citrusy to my nose compared to the EDP and doesn't last as long. This scent lasted about 5-6 hours on my skin, which is not bad at all, it gave me a nice sillage for the first couple of hours, making me feel like I was walking on air :D I just wish I could find a similar scent minus its dry-down.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I tried it this weekend along with Love Unlimited. I don't know why but I was feeling kind of meh about this scent. Unlike the other reviewers I couldn't smell vanilla at all. I get sort of warm citrusy top notes, and then musky slightly peppery floral. The end. This just didn't wow me

G00D_Girl
G00D_Girl

For me this is an updated version of Vanilla Fields. Both have Fruit, floras, musk, sandalwood and of course vanilla.

Love ETC also has a pachouli/anise note not listed that I LOVE!

Thankfully the floral's aren't overpowering, this is fresh pear with vanilla and pachouli/anise. There are some floras floating around but they are soft and transparent.

velvetnightmares
velvetnightmares

This scent becomes very creamy and a bit soap like on me. I almost picked up on a Lychee and a lingonberry note. The smell doesn't last long on me though. When I first received this perfume, I wasn't quite sure if I liked it or not. But I guess over time it just grew on me. I like the dark sweetness of it. I think this scent is suitable for both day and night, and it works both in hot and cold weather. I am pretty sure I will purchase another bottle, when this one is empty.

Abbie8142
Abbie8142

All I can think of when I smell this perfume is "Hello Kitty" and vanilla birthday cake. It is an incredibly sweet and very young perfume. When I smelled it in the store it seemed less intense-more wearable. I am disappointed that I bought it now as the bottle remains full and sitting on my dresser. I have attempted to wear very small amounts (two squirts) of it in public but every time I do so the people around me complain that they are getting nauseous.
I do not recommend this perfume to anyone

tasiaka
tasiaka

This is my everyday perfume.
Lovely, feminine!
Would definitely recommend it.

moongoddess
moongoddess

I love this fragrance! It's one of my all time favorites. People would stop me to ask which perfume I was wearing when I had it on. Very elegant and suitable for both day and night. It lasts about 5-6 hours on the skin but lasts forever on clothes. The shower gel is a must have too.

ebonyeyes

This fragrance is really nice and smells exactly like Armani Mania Giorgio Armani for women. Its really nicely priced as well and it lasts and lasts really a nice cuddly winter perfume. It has a vanilla cake element to it, I underestimated this lovely fragrance now I cannot wait to finish my bottle and replace it with 1 or 5 bottles lol.

EauSensuelle
EauSensuelle

Love Etc.. by The Body Shop is an intense manly-vanilla floral bouquet. The fragrance is a sweet fragrance, but it is not heavy at all.

Love Etc.. opens up with a nice, slightly bitter neroli which kind of gives the vanilla a certain animalistic quality along with the sweet pear. The opening is sharp, slightly zingy, and very well composed.

The middle is a unique and varied floral bouquet of jasmine, lily-of-the-valley and the nutty heliotrope. I find the heliotrope to be one of the main components in this fragrance, along with the vanilla. The heliotrope brings a strange, untamed nuttiness to the fragrance, and the vanilla ends up smelling like someone would after they had a rich, vanilla cupcake and then drank a cup of tea.

The base is what is left of the thick, caramelised vanilla, combined with an antique combination of sandalwood and white musk. A great fragrance which is by no means a young fragrance whatsoever; it is very well calibrated, and is a youthful-yet-mature scent. The simplicity yet the complexity of the vanilla is heaven for me. This is MORE THAN JUST LOVE.

a happy vanilla floral. i like it and it lasts a long time on me. it's creamy and sweet and a compliment getter. just a nice casual scent. some of the reviews seem to describe this as a too sweet and cheap smelling scent, imo it's not. it's uplifting and bright. i wear it knowing it smells very good.

Sloshpot
Sloshpot

This to smells like Johnsons Dreamy skin range!! which sounds weird but i love it. i just got a gift set with 50ml edp, body lotion, shower gel and solid perfume for £19.98 in the jan sale. I NEVER purchase anything from the body shop full price as I happen to think its a massive rip off. The prices they expect especially for their make up is astounding considering it is only on a par with Rimmel. not sure who they think they are trying to charge £12 for a lipgloss!! lol. anyway i like love etc good for daytime wear.

fify15
fify15

i've got this,its smells creamy.i like the smells but the perfume doesn't last long for 5 hour.

Guest_bellalicious
Guest_bellalicious

my mum has this it is creamy.

luxyness
luxyness

this one drydown remind me of britney fantasy , musky and vanilla smell like intense mocca cream

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Though fail-safe and should I say "Commercial", I love Love Etc. It smells warm and clean and sparkling fresh all at once. I can detect a moderation of notes Vanilla and Jasmine. Love Etc in EDT has moderate staying power when sprayed on skin, so make sure to spray on your clothes and lingerie too.

Emmskii
Emmskii

one of my FAVOURITE perfumes.
Lasts long, starts light and lovely and has a wonderful woody base.
And the Body Shop doesn't test on animals, so that's a plus. :)
Need a new bottle ASAP!

Spido
Spido

This smells almost exactly like Armani Mania on me, but in a bad way. Armani Mania I can tolerate and almost like some days, but other days it gives me headache, and so does Love ETC.

applestrudle

At first it does smell lovely - it's sweet, frutiy and floral. You can't smell the initial fruitiness for long. It then becomes more powdery/musty but still refreshing and sweet.

It was a bit headache inducing but maybe I put on too much. Also, the solid perfume doesn't function as a solid perfume at all! Waste of £5!!

Psyquart
Psyquart

I really love this fragrance, it's sweet, cute and girly without being overpowering or too sweet. To me, it smells like vanilla and cherries (which aren't a listed note. Maybe I'm just imagining them). Seems like the perfect spring fragrance.

naominose
naominose

I have a friend who would wear Body Shop's almond essence and this is very reminiscent to me of sugary toasted almond, even though almond isn't listed in the notes. (Anyone else craving those warm sugared nuts that come in a paper cone at fairs?) I think that's what the pear and vanilla are doing together, similar to how almond liquor and a bite of lemon together can taste like "chocolate cake." Almond is pretty magical.

I can pick out the pear which, normally, I'm not a fan of. It's blended so well with all the other notes, though, that it isn't too bright, sweet, or obnoxious. There's also a hint of sandalwood and a very warm, close, dusty flower.

It's sexy and warm, but still appropriate for day time or the office.

CzKnight963
CzKnight963

sometimes i love this, other times it gave me headache. the smell is unique and vanilla-like. a bit powdery. love the simple bottle. worth the money (it was quite cheap)..

Red Rose

Now I remember why this scent remind me of old times. It smells like gingerbread oil I used to have in the past from the same company. It's only a softer scent of gingerbread.

Tubykap20
Tubykap20

It's nice,delicate,doesn't last long...But to be honest I find it very expensive for the brand and very similar to other perfumes from bigger brands...I don't know,I like the smell,not crazy about it,but wouldn't buy it...

almond-papaya
almond-papaya

I wasn't expecting much from The body shop perfume wise so was pleasantly surprised by this.

Quite floral, it smells quite strong on firslt spray but it quickly fades into quite a pretty aroma. Appropriatly named I think.

I can't pick up any vanilla which is a shame as I like vanilla. Just an everydat floral scent really with a little something special but can't put my finger on what it is.

it's 5/10 from me mainly because it isn't a perfume I would rush out and buy.

pinkmuzic
pinkmuzic

hello :) i have this perfume that i've tried only once & don't really suit me :) so if someone that have a bottle of harajuku perfume (BABY) from Gwen Stfani the first edition one :) i don,t mind if it's a tester 100ml without the doll i just want the perfume or edt i think theres no perfume it's edt. contact me if you are interesting to do a exchange with me :)
:) thank's

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

If Mariah Carey M and Nina by Nina Ricci had a baby, this is what you would get! Remember, two beautiful parents may not necessarily make a beautiful baby! This baby is pretty but not gorgeous like its hypothetical parents!

Red Rose

This scent reminds me with lots of things, sweet things from the past good old times. It smells like a freshly bathed little kid who hold a peice of vanilla cake. On my wrest, it reminds me with a vanilla cream, fruity shampoo & jasmine. I don't think it suit a girl in her 30's like me so I may pass my samples to my little niece.

desiliana
desiliana

First sniff.. Clean, soft, a bit fruity.,

And then.. I smeel a creamy hot baked biscuits.. But not over powering sweet scent.. It's sweet in a polite way..

I bought a EDP version.. (30ml) It last about 6hours in my skin..

xinyi
xinyi

This perfume make me feel sick. Sorry, a big thumb down from me.

chuckle_choco
chuckle_choco

a very simple friendly sweet perfume ,
btw i m a vanilla fan so this is why i pick this !

ebonyeyes

This perfume is surprisingly nice, it smells like vanilla cake and leaves a trail around. The sad thing is it doesnt last but the price is reasonable, 18pounds for a 50ml bottle. Im not sure I will re-purchase but I will enjoy this bottle.

sofababe
sofababe

This is yummy, a soft, sweet, powdery/creamy scent. I have the lotion too so I feel so clean, soft and cosy when I wear this.

CottonSpore80
CottonSpore80

Sweet, warm and sensual with spicy and powdery notes. I smell vanilla and neroli as well as a musky undertone. I rather enjoy this scent a LOT but I think the spicy smell should not be as prominent as it is. But then again some people can't detect it so maybe it's just me. This scent is very nice, though. More wintery than summery to me.

melody85
melody85

I love this. It's such a pretty soft scent, I bought this for my sister and whenever she wore it I thought how much I love the smell so i bought it for myself.

Jadetive
Jadetive

SWEET, powdery, syrupy, linear, pink, chirpy. I wear this around the house on weekends/to the mall nearby. A straight-forward, everyday scent.

Morrigan
Morrigan

This is so light and girly, a fun perfume. Great for any random spring morning, maybe even summer. I like it, it's cute but nothing spectacular. I still can't understand why my fiance goes crazy when he smells this one on me! There is nothing sensual about it, in my viewpoint at least!

possumke
possumke

This perfume is another chemical cocktail. It dries down (like deeper-shallow mentioned previously) to that all too familiar, 'hairspray/rubber' smell. Absolutely horrid on my skin!

zeynep
zeynep

it reminds me Armani code.

fpih
fpih

I got this as a present and my first action was to check if there was a return card because I didn't think I'd like it. It turned out I was wrong. Though it's not great and I'm not a big fan of flowery perfumes, the sandalwood and musk in this attracted me enough to keep it. I find it vibrant, easy to wear and even sexy. Lasting power and sillage are also pretty good; I'm impressed. I even got a compliment from my kids as soon as they smelled it on me and they don't usually notice my fragrances. I definitely don't regret keeping it after all! It's nice to have an easy, wearable perfume when most of my perfume wardrobe consists of difficult to pronounce, unisex and strange perfumes that have my husband wrinkling his nose more often than not:)

Anouk0811
Anouk0811

I don't now why but I really don't like this fragrance.. It's smells like a bad cheap soapy deodorant.. like when you smell your armpits at the end of the day, and smell sweat with a slightly soapy smell trough it..

To me this is really nothing special!

judeaqua
judeaqua

Just recently bought this EDT alongwith its Body Butter. I like it a lot. Its like a delicious pear-vanilla dessert. Very quiet, soft and sweet just like how Love etc is supposed to be.. the combination is so lovely. From the first spray on, I don't get any alcohol, but some sugary vanilla and the flowers and juicy fruit. It lasts pretty long and dries to my favourite sandalwood with flowers and fruit, again a mouthwatering combo. Sillage is medium. More affordable than many.

PinkyStuff
PinkyStuff

Love ETC is creamy, warm but refreshing oriental floral. It's very delicate, soft, sweet but innofensive and comfortable.

You will probably not impress someone with it, and the staying power is bad (unfortunately, EDP stays less than one hour for me), so I suggest to wear it at home, before bed, for your own pleasure. You will not regret to wear it when you get tired of all of strong perfumes in your wardrobe!

Very lovely and eco-friendly, as sarafirmino said.

Just one tip: It's much better using it with body wash and body butter from this same collection!

I love it, and now I want more fragrances from TBS. :)

beautyinthemundane
beautyinthemundane

Wow Body Shop! What is this? A mainstream style perfume that isn't based around a specific fruit, herb, natural substance etc? What is the world coming to?! But believe it or not, it they've done it and it's fab! Much better than anything TBH have done for a long, long time, this is a delicious, sweet, romantic and quite frankly gorgeous smell and another thing: it laaaaaaasts. Fantastic longevity and sillage and smells significantly more expensive that its modest price tag would have you believe. Would make a great gift or an affordable little treat for yourself. Really, really fab- well done TBH!

scent_lover
scent_lover

to me is vanilla more than anything else. young and sensual

Naro
Naro

Soft and feminine.Very girly and definately not my kind. Gives me a headache but it smells divine on my sister. Perhaps its the body chemistry...

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

I am not into TBS fragrance's, I always find they add too much musk for my liking. However, this fragrance is gorgeous, delicately sweet and uplifting, makes you smile. I feel this would be a very safe day perfume and would not offend anyone. Very surprised with this perfume and will be buying it the next time I pass the BODY SHOP.

Helsinki
Helsinki

My nose says that Love ETC is reminiscent of Giorgio Armani Armani Mania. One could consider buying this as a more affordable (and sweeter) substitute for Armani Mania.

I don't like fruity florals as a general rule, but this one is nice, a pleasant tangerine/vanilla type scent. Very sweet and innocent, inoffensive and easy to wear. It's not particularly fantastic or original, but sometimes you just want to smell nice and this answers easily.

A Dominique Ropion creation, The Body Shop LOVE ETC. certainly holds its own among the recent flurry of oriental floral perfumes.

I could have sworn that this composition had patchouli in it, along with the vanilla, but it's not listed among the notes. In any case, the texture is just as inviting as that of a well-structured patchouli vanilla frag. Maybe I like this edt because of the lily of the valley mixed enticingly with the pear. Who knows? It's nice, likeable, wearable, inoffensive, and inexpensive, too! Recommended.

Postscript: I realize that serious perfumistas sometimes dismiss TBS as sub-par, but it's important to be aware of the designer--when possible. Someone like Dominique Ropion has a reputation to uphold. He's not going to produce some sort of gross chemical soup, not even to be foisted upon hoi polloi by a massive corporate machine. It's just not going to happen--I mean, the guy ALSO works for Frederic Malle!

falovalo
falovalo

Love Etc is a wonderfully soft and inoffensive fragrance. It really reminds me of Lacoste Pour Femme, they smell very much the same and have that feminine softness to them. Lovely!

oriens
oriens

Did not like it at all. It has no smell, just alcohol ! Even the other products (lotion and shower gel) smell like chemicals !!

sarafirmino

the number two great thing about this fragrance (beside the fabulous smell), is that it is made with organic sugar (to make alcohol) so, why not worry about the planet and yet smell good? :D

sarafirmino

i really like this one, it's one of my favorites!
it soft, and yet with charisma. on me, the edp doesnt lasts a long time, that's why i have to use it on clothes. and it really lasts!
once i tried on a piece of paper and on my wrist (before buying it) , and 2 days after i could still smell the fragrance on the paper!

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

more like fruity floral.. too sweet to my nose

miszliz
miszliz

how come this one just smell like alcohol to me i do not smell anything floralsweet just a synectic walm

daisyann
daisyann

Not really into purely floral scents but I liked this one. Maybe because it's really oriental floral? Maybe. It's an uncomplicated scent for me. It smelled the same all the way through. It certainly is very feminine, but not sickeningly so. It lasted for some time on my skin. I could still detect a faint scent after taking a bath.

Maoocha
Maoocha

Smells very similiar to Kenzo Amour but sharper not as creamy. Kenzo is better. The name sounds like too.. Amour=Love. Uncanny..

I tried this one lately in a rare visit to Body Shop and I liked it on the spot. It's a nice change in the boring TBS perfume line. It smells very floral, like a floral mix, not single notes and a little fruity, maybe because of pear, but no clear pear note comes out. It settles fine on my skin and lasts for a few hours. Not bad, but nothing thrilling at all. Just a nice happy floral. There is an edge of old Debby, if you ever know that.
It reminds me of Nina Ricci Love in Paris, which is a much better rendition of the concept.
Love Etc.. comes in EdT and EdP. I tried only EdP. The packaging is lovely and prices are affordable, even if bottles are very small.

claudia_23
claudia_23

is a cute floral fragrance but not that great, is quite flat and it doesn't change is quite ordinary and boring

Princess
Princess

Smells a little like Mariah Carey's M.. delicious with a twist

teedee
teedee

musky, sweet with a healthy dose of neroli. on me, Sweet neroli dominates the other notes.

as it dries, it gets very similar to body shop white musk blush...

veg.princess
veg.princess

i have wanted this fragrance forever and i finally have it! im so happy:) i love this fragrance it smells beautiful and makes me happy. the perfect balance of sweet and sexy

chanteuse
chanteuse

I bought this and initially liked it. Now I find it too boring. The scent just doesn't change at all from the time you spray it on. A little too sweet and cloying...where is all the sparkle I imagined? There is no comforting drydown, it just never happens! It smells like a candied flower.Deeper-Shallow, I agree, it does smell like hairspray!

LoveLy
LoveLy

it lasts really long but its not that heavy, that what i like about this

Anahi
Anahi

This is great for summer/spring. It's very fresh, sparkly and citrus with just a hint of sweetness. I would say it's more of a fruity floral rather than just a floral - I think it's the peach and bergamot that really pop; it smells almost identical to 'Ckin2U for women' hmm...

Pandemonium
Pandemonium

Sweet, yet not overly. Feminine, girly and flirty, this smells strongly of vanilla and bergamot. Though it's pleasant, it's really nothing outstandingly good. And it's too feminine for me (you really don't combine ripped jeans and flowery-sweet scents), though I like it.

KellyChrisp
KellyChrisp

Tested this it smells wonderful, but I would not buy this because I associate this type of sweet floral smells with my sister and her signature perfumes like Aqua Di Gio, Ghost, etc. It is really pleasant non offensive, ultra feminine but just reminds me of my sister.

I like this perfume it's very soft and dreamy and just makes you want to keep on sniffing. I agree with MoonGirl it's romantic and powdery but it doesn't last very long though =/

deeper_shallow

MondeoGirl - don't worry, it got a new home! (And I got it for free, so I didn't lose any money.) I took it with me to work, and one of my coworkers recognized it as the type of scent her daughter would love, so she got it.
I'm glad you like it though; it's funny what difference body chemistry can make for a scent!

MondeoGirl

Oh dear deeper-shallow, what a shame you don't like LOVE ETC. From your description I really don't recognise The Body Shop's new scent at all. As for boiled rice, hairspray and plastic... well at least your comment was amusing to read. Hope you find something you like soon :-D

deeper_shallow

This has to be the messiest, most confusing scent I've come across in a very long time! It feels like they tried for something light and floral-fresh with very warm undertones; maybe it's the heliotrope that's a little too dark to really fit in here? When I first put it on, my nose went "o_O Boiled rice? What? How? What?", and after a few hours, that's still the most prominent smell. Boiled rice, hairspray, plastic and bubblegum. I really don't get it.

MondeoGirl

Delicately sweet, refreshing, romantic, floral, softly powdery and utterly gorgeous. This scent is like a breath of fresh air - suitable for absolutely every occassion and it will make you feel fantastic. I'm not usually a Body Shop customer (too pricey nowadays) but couldn't resist this scent. The packaging is really pretty too.