Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Aurore Nomade The Different Company for women and men
dislike

tropical
marine

Aurore Nomade by The Different Company is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Aurore Nomade was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour. Top notes are banana, carambola (star fruit), cinnamon, sea notes, nutmeg, rum and artemisia; middle notes are ylang-ylang, geranium, cloves, frangipani and indole; base notes are immortelle, sandalwood, amber, vanilla and musk.

Banana Carambola (Star Fruit) Cinnamon Sea Notes Nutmeg Rum Artemisia

Ylang-Ylang Geranium Cloves Frangipani Indole

Immortelle Sandalwood Amber Vanilla Musk

Amaranthine

Aurore Nomade Fragrance Reviews

shushkin
shushkin

Heavens! I think Ive found my perfect fruity gourmand. There is plenty of fruit with a bit of alcohol balanced with artemisia, spices and wood notes. I immediately get the smell of fresh banana skin. Its in no shape or form heavy and cloying. Yes, there is some sweetness with the fruit but otherwise its bright, almost tangy and a bit different. I can see both sexes pulling this off. The star fruit and artemisia take this fragrance into the category of exceptional. They impart a dry, almost tart quality that works so well with the other potentially heavy notes like banana and ylang. Id happily wear this in warm weather and not worry that I could overwhelm those around me with a sickly fruity overload. Moderate sillage and longevity.

heathhaze
heathhaze

This is really 'jungle juice'. An amalgamation of banana leaf, starfruit, spices - all enveloped by a sneaky white sun soaked white rum. Every time I wear this I get somewhat giddy and can't walk a straight line. I would not suggest that you wear this while handling heavy machinery, but why would you, as this is the perfume for lazy tropical afternoons, drinking poo-poo drinks with small umbrellas in them, reading novellas and taking intermittent dips in the pool. Every time I wear this, I feel surrounded by tropical foliage...be careful not to slip on that banana!

Although it is not a strong projector, it holds its own and is persistent over 6 hours. Great for the spring and summer, and, what the heck, any time you want to sneak down to the tr

chohe1275
chohe1275

I spotted TDC in an unexpected place, and tried all seven bottles they had, and this made the best first impression.

For the first five minutes, it was literally heavenly. Fresh, vibrant, slightly spicy but not too strong, delicious but not too heavy.

But when I wore it on my skin, that fresh delight which made this one so extraordinary just vanished.

What's worse, by the time I was heading back home, my wrist was reeking of stale tobacco. Not that of nicely done tonka or amber fragrances, but of a sofa that had spent its entire life in a smoking room which has never been cleaned or ventilated.

Rerik

Aurore Nomade is a complex, sweetish gourmand fragrance with exotic notes. Aurore Nomade reminds me of Givenchy Insense, which is a very beautiful floral perfume for men. Aurore Nomade has a very noticeable note of banana.
It´s super concentrated, lasts for 2 days with 2 sprays on me. Shower may not help. The sillage is also very bright. 1 spray is room filling. The fragrance itself is more on the feminine side, but it can be worn by man.
The banana is surrounded by fresh notes and an amber-sandal-vanilla combination.

Edit:
The whole COLLECTION EXCESSIVE was reformulated. Seems that they wanted to drop the market price and watered down all fragrances. Be aware.

Rerik

I would categorize it as a jungle scent. Wild fruits and plants.

nexangelus
nexangelus

Holy Batman indoles! Or something...this is Amaranthine by Penhaligon's on steroids. If it weren't for a very pungent, very sharp, loud bitter, sinus peircing note in this it would possibly be a like. The opening is wonderful, it moves through several notes really swiftly, green banana, rum and fruity sweetness to a pungent bitter, very loud, green thing. It reminds me of mango peel. Have you ever bitten into it? This is the smell/taste of it. I am very unsure of this, will have to re-try it. At the moment it has given me a huge fume headache. Sorry The Different Company, I have yet to find a love in your house. From a distance I get strong frangipani...agh I am confused. I think this perfume needs time.
....wait....soft, green banana-ry thing when dried down. Whew! How can something so soft and creamy come from that weird middle bit? Magic of perfumery I guess...is this worth the wait? No, I prefer another banana scent previously mentioned. Also my daughter said I smell like her dad (my ex husband). Just no.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Immediately reveals its freshness, with notes of banana combined with white rum, and aquatic notes .. it is something really special and unique opening! I never heard anything like this ... I was immediately impressed, and immediately gave the curiosity to find out .. The first 5-10 minutes are like a sunrise in the morning .. a gentle breeze touches you, read notes that caress you, you carry slightly ... making you dream, love ... this fragrance is unique .. carries your soul, and fills it with love and joy! complex parfume, which evolves slowly ... Suitable for the summer. I need a few days to assimilate it for good because it is complex .. but as a first impression is not bad .. differs a lot .. and is a quality perfume definitely !! B.Duchaufour great job!

Sillage: 7/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Scent: 9.5/10

Overall: 9.5/10

andrada2003
andrada2003

Sorry, this one is just a overripe banana forgotten on a kitchen table for a week or so. Molded. Stinky. Nothing tropical, just a pungeant smell of garbage I forgot to waste. I'm truly sorry for my harsh opinion, but I found nothing to be liked it this.

Majja67
Majja67

Sorry, but this is sulphuric acid to my nose! :( I usually love Bertrand D:s scents but this is horrible

asus.bologna
asus.bologna

Just a little think: I love it ! The parfum of happiness, of energy, of welness. Set me happy!

CathyCooper
CathyCooper

I adore this scent. An exotic mix of overripe banana and musk. Unusually sexy.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I think this is totally miscategorized as oriental woody. I would put it in the green-floral category. It's a traditional green perfume with a tropical twist. I guess that's what makes it "different". Instead of a Western forest, I am reminded of the giant green foliage and tropical flowers of the Philippine jungle.

It opens with tangy, bitter, very green artemesia. I smell banana nectar and blooming ylang ylang. The base seems to have a slightly grassy sweetness to it. I can also smell a hint of spice, though it is smartly subtle and never overpowers the intense scent of tropical foliage. Can there be such a thing as a sexy green perfume? This would be the first one I've ever come across.

I think this perfume is absolutely stunning, and such an unusual green floral.

Update 3/14/15: I finally own this beauty! Seriously gorgeous.

esteban747
esteban747

My first impression of Aurore Nomade was: Melon, Jasmine and green grapes. A wonderful bright, lively fruit cocktail.
Then it becomes sweeter and slightly heavy, probably because of the combination of the banana and rum.
I have to say, I prefer the refreshing opening than this strange 'banana liquor' thing, although it's impressive to see how a light and fruity scent transforms itself into something sweeter and heavier.
After that the unmistakable musk makes its entrance and it becomes less original,now I can detect some marine notes. Now I like it even less than before. It smells strange, too artificial.
It quickly settles down and becomes a quiet, shy scent, close to skin.
The way Aurore Nomade develops reminded me of Batucada, they are both tropical scents and they have an arsenal of ingredients, so many things happen and so fast that in the end you are left scratching your head thinking: What just happened?

The opening is a delight and the dry down too. I'm not crazy about the middle part, but I still like it, for sure this is a fragrance that will surprise you.

ivanserbolin
ivanserbolin

First breath is awake you from the daily semi-slipping, rises your eyes, makes your mind to play a puzzle, what notes are here. So inspiring, so mysterious, so unexpectable, so sweet and addicting that you want to stick to the place it's sprayed onto. Nice job to Bertrand D. Unusual for unusuals.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Semi-sweet banana, rum and a hint of coconut last just a few seconds before salty seawater and hints of watery, zingy tropical fruits sweep in along with creamy white florals. Complex is an understatement and, at first, it could benefit from more focus. As the minutes pass the marine note fades and the whole comes together into a fresh, fruity tropical scent with lots of creamy banana pulp, sweet rum and white florals. Tropical fruit and a bit of salty marine water linger in the background lending balance to the boozy banana's sweetness. Something sharp, spicy and pungent catches my attention, it's distracting and a bit unwelcome, possibly the clove. Musk and strong spice become prominent heading into the dry down as the fruit and booze fade away. I'm not sure what to think about this one yet, possibly a great scent for having a few drinks on the beach. Yet, it's like the perfumer tried to hard to have this be a 'kitchen sink' tropical scent that has a little bit of everything; it needs focus, less ingredients would be more, especially less or no clove. I plan to wear it a few times before making up my mind because the opening is just so amazing and different form anything else, though it does remind me of the body shop's banana conditioner!

Kterhark
Kterhark

I"ve sampled this for awhile now but haven't reviewed for good reason: it's difficult to describe. There is so much happening I can't zero in on the overall theme.

Opening reminds me of Parfum de Therese. That would be the citrus vibe, making me think this was going the route of a summer chypre. This gives way to vibrant, earthy florals (aka an oriental) finally rounding out to soft, warm base notes .

There is a strong, starchy fruit opening that I enjoy. It wears best if misted over the clothes and not hose sprayed on the chest. The vibe is youthful, yellow, and joyous. It's very unique; anyone stepping out in this will definitely make a statement. The fruit note never goes away but does change with time as it interplays with the lower pyramid. A great find from Lucky Scent!

kl99
kl99

I liked on the sheet, there was a sheet with the perfume already sprayed in the shop, there for a quick test. But when I've tested it on me: BABOON! Really the smell of a cage of baboons. That's funny because now I learn there's banana as note in the composition. But I don't smell any banana, I do smell a Pure Zoo. After an hour, finally is appeared the green fresh aromatic salty sugary complex fragrance of the sheet. But too late, after an half hour the perfume was gone in sillage and longevity.

velb95
velb95

EN
It seems like I'm the first (at least in Italy) to buy it. In its opening the perfume seems pretty fresh, but then develops into a mixture of odors and indescribable feelings: love, sex, shyness and passion. At its olfactory development it feels to be a tale of love that begins on a cool sunny morning and never ends.

IT
Mi sembra di essere il primo (almeno in Italia) ad acquistarlo. L'apertura del profumo sembra piuttosto fresca, ma poi si sviluppa in un misto degli odori e sensazioni indescrivibili: amore, sesso, timidezza e passione. Al suo sviluppo olfattivo sembra una favola d'amore che inizia in una fresca mattina di sole e non finisce mai.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about The Different Company Aurore Nomade fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about The Different Company Aurore Nomade, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aurore Nomade by The Different Company. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aurore Nomade by The Different Company represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay