Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Noir Pour Femme Tom Ford for women

Noir Pour Femme Tom Ford for women
dislike

Noir Pour Femme Tom Ford for women Pictures Noir Pour Femme Tom Ford for women Pictures Noir Pour Femme Tom Ford for women Pictures Noir Pour Femme Tom Ford for women Pictures Noir Pour Femme Tom Ford for women Pictures Noir Pour Femme Tom Ford for women Pictures

Tom Ford is launching a women’s fragrance as a pair to the edition for men Tom Ford Noir from 2012, which received successors Noir Eau de Toilette from 2013 and Noir Extreme from 2015. The new composition aimed at women "maintains the fascinating paradox of Tom Ford woman in the seductive oriental-floral fragrance which is both sensual and extravagant," says Tom Ford.

Its black, opaque bottle is characteristic for is narrow relief creases, created to follow the style of numerous Tom Ford collection editions, but it brings us a completely new shape. The golden color stopper follows its dimensions and form, and is also of characteristic design. On the official website of Tom Ford brand, the new edition for women was presented without much description or composition notes, but it offers purchase of 30 ml EDP. By doing so Tom Ford intrigues his fans even more!

The advertising campaign is signed by fashion photographers Inez & Vinoodh (Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin). The advertising face of the new fragrance TOM FORD NOIR POUR FEMME is model Lara Stone.

The nose behind this fragrance is Sonia Constant.

Bergamot Bitter Orange Mandarin Orange Ginger

Rose Jasmine Orange Blossom Kulfi

Vanilla Amber Sandalwood Mastic or Lentisque

Noir Extreme
Lalique Le Parfum

Noir Pour Femme Fragrance Reviews

Violinplayah
Violinplayah

I love this perfume! It's so rich and sweet. At first spray I get a tinge of tobacco, which I actually love- it reminds me of summertime and getting whiffs of smoke over the pool (it was the 80's/90's!). The tobacco fades quickly though and what's left is a creamy, nutty spiciness that reminds me of V&R Spicebomb. I think about this perfume like a lounge singer- a bit over the top, brash and bawdy but sexy and fun.

kalispera
kalispera

I used to have a sample of it and now I own a bottle. Not sure if the bottle happened to not be an original or if it was because of my skin, but if firsly it was a nice, complex, deep and unusual, a bit sweet and sooo vanilla in the end, later it turned out that I smell like a cake wearing it. Too bad, I fell in love with its complexity.

Still, I love how kulfi distinguishes itself out on my skin. Funny enough, I become hungry rather fast when I wear this scent, guess Noir can really be called a gourmet perfume.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I have tried it in all seasons now, and for me, Noir Pour Femme really comes alive in Spring! I love how the ginger interacts with the citrus in the top notes, combined with a little vanilla which comes right to the front, the ginger adds an interesting spiciness without being sharp.

Spring is also when I can really smell the kulfi note in the heart, strongly milky/creamy, but somehow not at all heavy (sort of fresh in a way!) and I also smelled pistachio, so I'm not sure if this kulfi note includes pistachio?

The base of the fragrance is more dense, like warm, melted vanilla ice cream on a bed of creamy sandalwood. It is cozy and comforting, and despite my simplistic description, it feels like a complex oriental vanilla on my skin!

Snicole82
Snicole82

POWDER-VANILLA-AMBER and in that order.

I love this so much that I bought a full bottle for myself as a reward for completing a challenging certification class. I've worn it everyday since and feel like I'm in absolute bliss.

The kulfi vibe is there,but it is wrapped in the powder, vanilla, and amber. I've never really understood the Tom Ford hype and honestly think his fragrances are overpriced. But this one is actually good and well worth it if you like orientals or semi-gourmands (not too gourmand as it has a powder element).

Moderate sillage, good longevity.

prettyswag
prettyswag

love it! glad i have this sexy love.

adele l
adele l

It's a powerhouse for sure- wouldn't overdo application of this! It's a balsamic rich oriental vanilla, and completely unisex. Not as weird as a typical Tom Ford though, and I happen to love his weird stuff. It's very luxe and I'm thinking of giving it to the boyfriend..I'll keep the Black Orchid voile de fleur

Fabulous Janice
Fabulous Janice

I'm going to make this short.
It's lovely.
It's PERFECT!

Love it!

CeeLeeBee
CeeLeeBee

This is in my "husband hates it, but I don't care because I love it" pile. To me, Noir is most at home on a really cold winter evening. I feel most at home in it when I'm wearing black clothes and a vampy lip. It's warm and vanilla, sure, but the nutty kuifi, dark amber, and woodsy sandalwood make it feel like a goth's comfort scent. If you can catch it alongside a wood burning fireplace, it's divine.

My husband says it's too thoughtful -- he doesn't want to construct a scene when he smells my perfume, he just wants me to smell good. Don't get me wrong, there's a place in my wardrobe for the floral feminine flirty perfumes that he prefers on me, but I also like scents that transport me, and Noir is firmly in the latter camp. I feel like a femme fatale who just killed someone and set the house on fire when I wear Noir, or like a witch prowling the neighborhood looking for innocent victims to hex. It veers towards unisex, and its masculine edges make me feel tough and powerful. Certainly not my typical go-to scent, but it's fantastic, nonetheless.

mom2be34
mom2be34

I bought this perfume on a whim. I loved Tom ford' black orchid so I had the counter lady spritz it on me and at first I wasn't sure if I liked it or not b. I tried other fragrances but this one kept luring me back so I bought it.
Came home and sprayed it on and I simply love it, I feel elegant, classy and my teen son complimented my smell.
I am not a floral fruity scent woman I like woodsy "men's" fragrance and this was all the notes I was looking for.

I hope it has staying power on me so I will update my review onv I have wore it long enough and come to a conclusion.

Simply love it! It's not for everyone for sure just like black orchid is not for all woman.

Contessa01
Contessa01

I caved and finally bought it! I thought I might share my story with this one. I went to the Tom Ford counter expecting to buy Jasmine Rouge but for some reason the sales lady talked me out of it and had me looking at a few others. This was one of them and the other was Neroli Portofino. We were talking about what her favorite TF fragrance is and she said Femme Noir. I smelled it and thought immediately that it was too masculine and heavy for me. I ended up buying Neroli Portofino. She put a couple of samples of Femme Noir in my bag and I brought them home. The next day I thought I would try Noir. After I sprayed it my Dad said 'what is that beautiful smell?!' and so I told him. He reassured me it wasn't too masculine and kept wanting to sniff the sample vial. Soon enough I found myself mesmerised by it, it smelled so great and found myself using my sample vials of Noir even more than Neroli Portofino! So I decided to buy it and I am thoroughly enjoying it. By the way I am also enjoying Portofino and still want Jasmine Rouge, maybe one to buy another time. If you like Black Orchid and Dior Addict then I would recommend Femme Noir for you.

on the noze
on the noze

Does anyone else pick up the slightest hint of oud in this?

Stunning fragrance!
And..... full bottle worthy.
Yet another stunner by Mr Ford. The majority of my collection is of Tom Ford's fragrances. They were the start of my love of fragrance (Tobacco Vanille) and nothing has compared quite like this House has.

Here are the notes I found on another site.

Notes: Mandarin Oil, Bitter Orange Oil, Ginger Extract, Rose Absolute, Jasmine Accord, Orange Flower, Indian Kulfi Accord, Vanilla Madagascar, Amber,
Australian Sandal Wood, Lentisque Resinoid.
Style: Floral. Oriental. Sensual

Dianatish
Dianatish

I could easily describe it as an unusual dark beauty!!! Although it doesnt have any chocolate note it this scent reminds me of dark chocolate! The vanilla note is strong but not intoxicating!! On my skin it doesnt last more than 3 hours and the projection is weak to moderate so that is the only thing that holds me back from repurchasing it!!

Đinh.ngọc.chi
Đinh.ngọc.chi

I am new to perfume, thus I know little about typical notes. the only thing I can tell when I smell this beauty is that I can imagine a sweet girl, yet not too sweet, elegant and not too distant, and absolutely sexy. I am so totally in love with the scent after using up my vial that I just bought a full size version.
to sum up, this will be my signature during the winter.
1000+ thumbs up for this

Edit: after a while I decided to make it a proper feedback in case anyone (like me) searches for reviews before buying the perfume.
Scent: at first, it's strong, but not cloying at all, I can smell something bitter (guess it's the bergamot) and very dark. after 30 min- 1 hour, it leaves a strong smell of vanilla, sweet (not the kind of candy sweet) and deep, with amber and some powdery scent. This state lasts quite long before softly changing to even lighter combination of powdery and vanilla.
Longevity: on me it's quite great. I spray a bit in the morning, go to my office. Now and then I toss my hair I can still smell it. after 9 hours or so, when I prepare to go home, my colleague says she still catches a whiff of my TF. My clothes are absorbed with the TF scent ( though I never spray on them) until I take them out for washing. if I leave them in wardrobe, longevity must be forever (kidding XD, but it's there even after weeks)
Sillage: the very same colleague can smell my frag when she's 2 desks from me. But then again, there's nothing offensive in the scent.
Price: I must say, it's expensive. but not bcoz of TF itself, any high end frag is expensive to me. The price takes up nearly 1/3 of my monthly salary (fragrance in my country is the real luxury, thus, a lot of fake ones). Lucky enough for me, I got the authentic one and judging by my absolute love for it, it's well worth.
I've got a lot of compliments from mom, brother, colleagues (both men and women, one of them even noted the name down for future purchase) when I wear it. Anyway, in my opinion, the scent that is most suitable is the one that one can find it truly wonderful to smell and even feel happier when wearing it. To me, it's this beauty TF noir pour femme, which really lifts my mood and makes my day more beautiful :)

One last recommendation, do test it before buying it :)

ladenu
ladenu

I purchased this today and i am so excited to lay my hands on it finally. First of all this is exclusively beautiful. It has the earthy vibes which makes it kind of unisex.It is also very sweet but not sickeningly candy sweet. This sweetness is very creamy almost like lemon icecream with milk.However it is more than that. I also smell incense as well. The scent of this incense is meditative with sweetness. Very well balanced. There is something complex about noir pour femme. Definately not for everyone so try before purchase. I also find it sweeter than black orchid which is more masculine and very dark. Noir is similar to velvet orchid but more powerful, with greater sillage i would say.

Violettera
Violettera

So beautiful, so well made. Suitable for all day long, as long as a confident woman wears it. Vanilla is the king here but a vanilla enriched with so many notes, warm notes like amber and uplifting notes like mastic and rose. Longevity is not bad but it could be better.

miako
miako

I'm on the fence about this one..

I've had the 100ml bottle for at least a year now, and while I do think it's beautiful, deep, rich, classy, sexy, it somehow makes me feel too "Asian" which is quite stupid because I AM asian (Japanese). I am not saying that asian people smell like this (I wish!!!) but the "vibe" is too asian-y. Its actually the first perfume that made me think that the word/genre "oriental" for perfumes is really fitting.

I smell (in the order of strength)- vanilla, cream, pistachio, cardamom, ginger, brown sugar, nutmeg(?), cinnamon, incense.

It is indeed gorgeous- when I wear it, I almost feel like a spicy dessert! and I get tons of compliments, plus it lasts for daaaays, especially on clothes... so judging from all that it should be a no-brainer in terms of me loving it, but somehow it's not one that I pick up often. It may be a mood thing, it may be the "smelling too Asian" thing, I don't know.

For non-asians I think this would be an exotic, sexy, mysterious scent, and something that's definitely suited for the drier climates. I think it'd do well in the summer months too, as long as there's no humidity.

It reminds me of dark very bitter chocolate somehow.
I can't describe it with the notes listed here, but I think it's spicy, edible smelling, leathery and woody.
It has a very-very oriental feeling to it.
Smells like a dessert too, but not like a sweet one.
It's made to be a product of quality.
I think it's elegant and has an old soul, it's deep and fills the room.
I like it.

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

I am continuing with my reviews of a cache of samples received from a great swap friend.
The truth be told, I was quite excited to try this generous portion because Tom Ford always causes such a stir and I am chronically curious when it comes to fragrance.
Having said this and attempting an unbiased spirit, I will commit perfume heresy right now and say that I frankly don't understand the fascination and loyalty to Tom Ford. I am constantly trying yet another of his fragrances and end up disappointed and uninspired.So here is the question.... What is the big deal with Tom Ford?
I find most of his fragrances to be so reminiscent or similar to well established perfumes or stylistic concepts yet his price tags appear to indicate the contrary...originality and exclusivity to the nth degree.
In all fairness, I am not a sweet perfume lover so...
Noir begins with a vanillic ambery explosion but is followed by some jarring notes that wreak havoc with the sweetness. As a perfume lover, I have learned to be patient and to allow all the top notes to dissipate and bring forth the heart of the concoction. In this case, this olfactory evolution did not occur, merely an eventual dry down of creamy vanilla that lingered and lingered.
If that is one's favorite note, fragrances of that ilk are a dime a dozen and once again, I'm asking that heretical question...what is the big deal with Tom Ford?

gugute
gugute

This is an absolute beauty. I can't add anything else to previous comments, this is simply is such a soft, comforting, cozy smell. I love it.

smokvica
smokvica

This is a perfect marriage between Black Orchid and Tobacco Vanille. Smoke and dark orchid mixed with the sweetness of vanilla and some cream. Cafe Rose watched the wedding from aside but didn't crash the party as she is a nice girl. She just left a gentle trail of rose to circle around the couple. Oh, what a trio! Who would say it could be so perfect with these different mixtures of previous TF scents.
Too bad the party didn't last till the end of the night. Like with all beautiful things - they have limited life. And they are so addictive!

I love it, it fits me, my boyfriend loves it on me.

Iloveperfume.ir
Iloveperfume.ir

The second I spray it,it's very nice.mature vanilla,heavy but fresh like Dior addict.just in one minute it changes to something that I don't like
I can smell powdery vanilla and soft orange flower and other flowers but very light.there is a bitter smell that's very strong and kills everything nice and sweet and feminine here
I can smell something like pistachio and I know it's kulfi but I don't think all this bitter smell is because of kulfi.the bitter smell is like a woody smell but not sandalwood. It's like cedar wood,cedar doused in an alcoholic beverage like in a smokey room and I think mastic makes this smell.some people might like it because it's different and special.not a normal and repetitive vanilla perfume but I dislike it.after some time it's less bitter,sweeter and softer but I can't wait and it has very little sillage at that time
I think if there was not this strong bitter manly smell this could be lovely but not noir.vanilla and pistachio and amber and soft flowers can be lovely and very sexy but now it's manly.I think it's heavy but sillage is moderate and then soft.longevity good but it's pricey and should be better.I was think tom ford noir pour femme is my tom ford,but no.there's something bitter,not clean and not feminine in all tom fords that I don't like.Velvet orchid is better than others
I buy tom ford noir pour femme very expensive but I had to sell it to my friend (a lot cheaper) she likes bitter woody and noir perfumes and loves this
تام فورد نواغ پوغ فم تنها عطر زنانه تام فورد بود که فکر می کردم ایده آل من هست اما اشتباه می کردم.یک چیز تلخ و کمی کثیف و مردانه تو تمام زنانه های تام فورد هست که من نمی پسندم.باز ولوت ارکید کمی بهتر از بقیه هست
نواغ پوغ فم لحظه ای که اسپری میشه خوبه.وانیل شیک و باکیفیت سنگین ولی فرش مثل دیور ادیکت.من هم گول همین لحظه اول رو خوردم اما خیلی زود یک بوی تلخ اضافه میشه.مثل خوردنه یک چیز شیرین که موقع قورت دادن یک طعم تلخ توی گاو به جا میذاره و ان خوراکی برای آدم زهرمار میشه.من وانیل رو حس می کنم.وانیل سافت و کمی پودری و شکوفه پرتقال و گل های لایت دیگر ولی یک بوی تلخ خیلی قوی همه اینها را پوشانده.در کنار وانیل،پسته را هم حس می کنم که مربوط به کولفی هست.این هم کمی تلخی داره اما شیک و جالبه و منظورم از تلخی ناخوشایند،تلخی پسته و کولفی نیست.ان تلخی چوبی هست اما نه چوب صندل.مثل چوب سدر هست که توی مشروب خیس خورده باشه ان هم تو یک اتاق دودی.و من فکر می کنم نت مستیک این بو را به وجود اورده و همش آرزو می کنم ای کاش انجا نبود.اگر نبود میکس وانیل و کولفی پسته ای و کهربا و گلها خیلی جالب و سکسی میشد هرچند دیگه نواغ نبود.بعد از یک ساعت این تلخی کمتر میشه اما ان زمان دیگه فایده ای نداره چون پخش چندانی نداره
بعضی ها از این عطر خوششان میاد چون واقعا خاص هست و یک وانیلی عادی و تکراری نیست اما من خوشم نمیاد.اول فکر می کردم سنگین هست و پخش بالایی دارد اما نه.پخش بو متوسط که کمی بعد سافت میشه.ماندگاری خوب هست اما چون گران هست باید بهتر از این بود
این عطر را به قیمت بالایی خریدم اما به دلم ننشست.بقیه هم می گفتن تعریفی نیست.کلی ارزانتر فروختمش به دوستم که عطرهای تلخ و چوبی و واقعا نواغ دوست داره

Milkshake Pillows
Milkshake Pillows

Heavy, sweet and smoky. Kind of like an inscense burning. At first I felt like I was wearing a heavy men's cologne which put me off, but then it softened to a thick vanilla. It lasts a long time and smells expensive but can be strong and a little cloying in heat. It seems to me TF Noir would perform the best on cold days when the air is nice and brisk. It's definitely a quality perfume that projects beauty, good taste and a lot of confidence.

snoopyQ
snoopyQ

This smells like a dense cloying vanilla mothball...... "beurk".....

Nuitdenoel
Nuitdenoel

Wearing Noir pour Femme today and what a difference the temperature makes! I live in SE Texas, and even in when temps hit fall temps, like in the 60s, this scent was too cloying. Today it finally hit down into the 30s and I decided to try it again today (I have a sample spray bottle) and now I see why people like this! It is resinous, refined, sweet but just smoky enough to keep from being overbearing. It is very reminiscent of Yule in my home. I don't see a tree listed in the notes, but it has a pine/fir undertone with cinnamon. I'm also getting cloves, orange peel, and slight vanilla. I probably will never splurge on a full bottle, as it is similar enough to Youth Dew to not need it, although I do like that it is sweeter than Youth Dew. I like it a lot.

bart4543
bart4543

im a guy and i wear this over the mens version. this one is more powerful and refined in my opinion. this one is unisex all the way through.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

love this. i get the vanilla and powdery buttery kulfi with amber and the resin and ginger. it is a mature fragrance for a maybe 30 and older woman. Could be unisex. I would say business professional but wear lightly. This is a woman who knows her stuff in and out of the bedroom. I love it soo much the kulfi is so unique and really shines. it isnt like "cupcake" is it so buttery and smooth. I want to wear this all day everyday in the winter. i can also see a woman wearing jeans and a leather jacket or a fluffy fur jacket. Kind of dressed down but has that item that screams "personality".

AprilSea
AprilSea

An must-have scent for cold weather.

On the negative side: it doesn't last as expected. I have to spritz it again after 4-5 hours.
On the positive side: although I have it for only a week, there is at least one person per day asking me what perfume is it, or complimenting the perfect smell in my office. Do not understand it smells like room perfume, on the contrary!
Somebody said it is cinnamon-y, somebody else said it smells like rich cocoa and rum cookie, or some hot chocolate. Another person asked if I had been burning incense. It is smooth and wintery. It may be "noir", but it is perfect for day, for office, if you are a chic, spicy, sophisticated woman. It goes well with cherry red lipstick and nail polish ;) It is not a sweet perfume.

LE two months later: it is irresistible! I bought a second (bigger) bottle, just to be sure I have it. Compliments still flowing.

electricmind

Got a few tester vials of this from my mom. On me this is a thick cloud of powder, slightly sweet. The definition of creamy, which I like. Just doesn't last at all. I enjoy this scent very much. I don't get floral, really. I get powdery and creamy with one other note that I can't identify. I though I'd see maybe rum or tobacco, but I see neither.

RBZ
RBZ

My girlfriend has this and I have the Noir Extreme (mens version) and they are both very very similar. To me, they are actually the same exact fragrance as far as smell goes, only difference IMO is that Noir Extreme is sweeter while Noir Pour Femme is more refined...something out of the private collection. They are both amazing, but I actually prefer Noir Pour Femme and I am a man that loves very masculine scents.. That being said, Noir Pour Femme is definitely unisex and when I'm out of my Noir Extreme I will be replacing it with a bottle of this Noir Pour "Femme."

assbleeder
assbleeder

For those who don't know what kulfi is, it's an ice-cream like Indian dessert with a very interesting dense, yet powdery texture. It's hard to explain until you've had the real thing. In the spots where it's melted a bit, you can kind of see individual "shards" of icy dessert powder. It's unlike anything else you'll ever try. It also has an intense buttery taste that is just as dense as its texture. It's actually not too sweet and does in fact taste "savoury" in a way. The variety I detect in Tom Ford's Noir Pour Femme is flavoured with pistachios and cardamom. It has a definite sweet, nutty flavour with a good measure of spice added in. This scent can also be interpreted as a spicy chai tea latte.
Otherwise, NFP is quite a linear scent from top to bottom. Asides from the intense kulfi note, a rich, sticky vanilla-amber accord dominates, which can be definitely cloying to some. The amber in here is intensely honeyed and glazed, which reminds me very much of Serge Lutens' Chergui. I'm surprised that it's not listed here, but NFP does indeed smell like narcoticly sweet rum-flavoured tobacco. It opens with a bit of freshness provided by the citrus notes with a bit of forest from the mastic resin, but it settles into a spicy cocoa powder scent on the skin. This fragrance also smells very strongly of sandalwood, which gives it that gender bending vibe. This fragrance is definitely unisex to my nose. A man who's not afraid to wear Black Orchid and even Tobacco Vanille can wear this.
NPF is most definitely suited for the coldest winters. In fact, if I had to describe this fragrance in one word it would be 'Christmas'. The pine-like aroma of the mastic resin with the spices in creamy vanilla in this perfume conjures up thoughts of the winter holidays.

Scissorslizardspock
Scissorslizardspock

I wear this scent to bed when I want to feel feminine and cozy. Warm, soft, balsamic vanilla. I can't smell it come morning, but I usually only use 1-2 sprays. Hubs loves it. It's easy to wear for Tom Ford. I love many of his other scents but find them a bit more difficult sometimes. This is easy lovely dark vanilla. Not too sweet. Very nice!

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

A nice perfume that smells less complicated than you'd expect.
Surprisingly inoffensive and only slightly artificial, this Tom Ford promises to be less headache-inducing than its peers.
I have no idea what kulfi smells like and must say I've noticed nothing very spicy or oriental while this scent settled on my skin.
It's a sweet, fluffy vanilla affair with your good old amber and some indistinctive floral notes (jasmine-orange blossom combo, probably). No "noir" sensation and no provocation.
Safe for the office, friendly gatherings and your aunty.

Nicole79
Nicole79

TF Noir....i like it , very nice fragrance sweet, powdery and dark enough, .Good sillage and lasting power , thou i wish it was stronger!!! It is better then the earthy /dirthy (truffle) Black Orchid !

HennaQueen
HennaQueen

@Mr Chris, yes, a man can wear this! My husband loves Tobacco Vanille, and he smells fantastic when he wears TV. He has been sampling Noir for Women and he really likes it. It smells more resiny and less sweet on his skin than mine. Sample it, try it out, and see if you like it!

katemax
katemax

I tried this in Fenwicks yesterday. At first I didn't like it but after about an hour the smell was amazing and stuck to my skin all day. It's warm, spicy cardomon vanilla. I did buy the cheap copy version from a perfume oil website which has the same dry down. This is my favourite out of the few tom fords I have tried so far.

devdev12
devdev12

This is a great, deep, rich and sophisticated scent. This makes me feel very classy, a little mysterious and mature. This isn't for a teenager or someone looking for something sweet, girly and feminine. This is for those looking for a scent with character, emotion, class and a little bit of seduction :) A great, warming scent for fall and winter as well.

wendyel
wendyel

It's probably just me, but on my first spray, and once it had settled, this reminded me of L'aimant!

dyaver
dyaver

This fragrance is a masterwork! Looking at the dominant notes of vanilla and kulfi I expected it will be overly sweet, but they are well balanced with woody notes of sandalwood, lentisque resin and amber. Ginger and orange notes give it just the right level of oriental spiciness. Noir is dark, sexy, stimulating, passionate. I'm totally in love with it!

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

When I think of 2016 releases that were a huge success I think of pour femme by Tom Ford. I don't think this fragrance is hugely creative or anything, but it's done extremely well. It's a perfectly balanced and interesting vanilla. I love the smoky and cozy facets of the ginger and amber, and the resiny smell gives it a bit of posh. I do smell a bit of rose and orange in here, but the fruits and flowers really do seem to be an after thought. Lovely and so warm!

Baseeta
Baseeta

Whenever "Noir" is used in the title of a perfume, I'm expecting something sophisticated, chic, avant garde, with heavy hitting notes like patchouli, leather, oud, pepper - you get the idea. Then came Tom Ford Noir Noir for Women. I never expected such a warm, sweet, soft, yet still mature fragrance. This one has vanilla and amber, but before it sinks into tooth ache inducing sweetness, rose, ginger, sandalwood, citrus and jasmine bring it up to seductive siren speed.

Lovely_D
Lovely_D

When I smelled this perfume for the first time on paper, and a little bit on my hand, I wasn't so sure about it. It smelled like it could potentially be headache-inducing and a little too intense, especially for the summer.

Boy was I wrong. This perfume is pure deliciousness in a bottle. At first spray, I slightly got black orchid vibes. But then it settled into a beautiful, unique smell in its own right. I see myself wearing this year round, whenever I want to feel extra sexy. The occasion doesn't matter ;)

This perfume is definitely pour femme, but the hint of masculinity to the smell makes it even more sexy, intriguing, and mysterious without taking away from the femininity of the smell.

Finally, a TF perfume that absolutely, genuinely mesmerizes me!

shushkin
shushkin

This fragrance is currently a fave of mine for autumn wear. The first time I tried it there was quite an animalistic quality to it and I wasn't sure. In more warm conditions the amber and vanilla are most evident. You get some sweet creamy nuttiness from the kulphi and lots of resinous notes. I feel it leans more to the feminine but whatever rocks your boat. I really like the underlying soft dry smokiness. This could never get cloying or overwhelming. The sillage is low key but it hangs around for many hours. It smells like wearing a cosy designer beautiful cashmere/wool coat. Luxurious and expensive. That ties in nicely with what makes Tom Ford tick.

Adriana91
Adriana91

On my skin this perfume smells like cinnamon and its give in me headache. i give it 3 day 'trial period' and still don't like it. i saw so mush great comments, but to me this fragrance reminds me of my grandma bakes cinnamon rolls... i dont know why

MrWonderfulxo
MrWonderfulxo

A delicious fragrance that I find quite unisex. Purchased this while flying back from Vienna, Austria at the duty free fragrance store. I am totally in love.

perfumesamplesanddecants

we love this scent and have been wearing it pretty frequently. very unisex for men and the ladies....

IndigoEye
IndigoEye

I'm beginning to worry about Tom Ford fragrances... They are starting to do that thing where they smell great to begin with and then dry down to synthetic, cheap-smelling morning after scents. And whether or not I liked his fragrances, I thought they all smelt like quality... until now.

At the start this has a great, creamy vanilla, with beautifully blended white florals and a slight saltiness from the kulfi accord that stops it becoming too sweet. Lovely - I spray plenty on to skin. After an hour, I decide it's too sweet for me (and actually surprisingly quiet for a Tom Ford) but a nice gourmand, if a little unremarkable, and about as un-noir as a perfume could get. After two hours it smells like potatoes and sugar water and it disintegrates after that.

Blind, I would never have guessed that this was a Tom Ford. Where is the sillage? Where is the drama?

electricmind

I'm testing this out now and it smelled familiar to me. Definitely some similarities to Natori. Dry down is very very similar to me. Noir Pour Femme is missing the plum that hits immediately in Natori. Noir is a lot more powdery, and I was sure I smelled incense or tobacco, but it's not listed in the notes.

I like both. Obviously the plum in Natori makes it a bit more feminine. Tom Ford pour femme actually comes off unisex to me. I would love to smell this on my man.

cristina_mtereko
cristina_mtereko

It is such a beautiful perfume, i always come back to it ,sometimes i hate it,it is like smell of a candle ,but after a while i get to wear it again and i received so many compliments ,it is so intrigued,some days it is so creamy and balsamic,sometimes it smells so dark and sexy :),longevity it is not perfect, however i just layer :)

modernmabuse

Heaven smells like this... AWESOME!

ZBear
ZBear

I bought Noir Pour Femme at the tail end of last summer and wore it off and on througout the winter. It goes well with cashmere sweaters and wool coats, but is a little heavy for warmer temperaturea.

On me, the opening is tobacco floral - a sweet smoky scent - and the dry down sugared cocoa. Quite sensual, and wears close to the skin, so not a ton of sillage (particularly for a Tom Ford.)

My only complaint is the lasting power. For me, I even purchased the body lotion to layer it with, but still only got a couple of hours of wear before I could smell nothing.

I'll probably use up my bottle this winter, but likely not repurchase.

diptutod
diptutod

On me this smells very generic. Sweet, but not too sweet. Floral, but not too floral. Spicy, but not too spicy. Smells like a pleasant middle aged woman smelling inoffensive at an uninteresting job. Nothing wrong with it, but with my chemistry it is utterly unremarkable.

For me personally it is too feminine, but this is not sickly sweet in the way that many popular perfumes are. It has a touch of sophistication that most sweet perfumes lack, which is why I made it an hour and a half before scrubbing this one off. Not bad, but not for me.

miss mills
miss mills

Yum! This is a soft, sweet, warm vanilla with a hint of spice on me. First impressions were a softness that is edible but not overly sweet and now that I've read the notes, I know it's kulfi. A superbly subtle gourmande on my skin and oh so luscious! This doesn't have the in your face potency of most gourmandes and I see it's listed as an oriental floral anyway, so I must be wrong there but it smells gourmand with a subtle infusion of spices on me, like some warm milky spiced tea. Thank you for the generous sample, Xrayer! I Love this with a capital L.

perfumesamplesanddecants

gorgeous scent, truly unisex. we love this one more than the men's Noir Extreme. this can be worn by men and women...

freddinos
freddinos

Noir pour femme: a beautiful perfume of high quality.
My personal remarks are that, when tried from a decant, the creamy milkiness of kulfi was very strong and a bit overwhelming even for me, and I love and wear Ava Luxe Milk and CSP Matin Calin.
Upon buying my bottle that creaminess is now very subdued, which makes me think that likely the decanting process has made some notes evaporate and others dominate (just my theory).
Another thing is that I detect no mastic in this. I am from Greece, and mastic is a tree resin that is solely produced from the tree bark of mastic trees growing on the north side of Chios island in the Aegean Sea. This tree requires a very specific microclimate and only grows there, it doesn't even grow on the other end of this small Greek Island, let alone on any other place in the whole world. Mastic is a very important element of Greek Cuisine, with its aromatic, sweet-herbal resinous scent. I found none in Noir Pour Femme, and I am a bit disappointed.
Nonetheless, Noir Pour Femme is a beauty. On me it is a very dark, aromatic, spicy blend of vanilla, amber and sandalwood. It feels like a stronger, higher end Cavalli Nero Assoluto (which I also adore).

emyalda
emyalda

Tested this out today and surprisingly the longevity and sillage was extremely poor,
on card and on skin.
All i could pick up was a hint of vanilla and that boring balsamic note that is in every TF fragrance.

blake.lee
blake.lee

This is nice. To me, the sandalwood and amber are the dominant notes and it's the same sandalwood you'll find in Chanel Coco Noir. It's basically Feminite du Bois and Coco Noir combined with Addict. I dont find scents like these sexy. I find them meditative and like to wear them to bed to have pleasant dreams. It's completely unisex. If you like powdery, sweet sandalwood with some spices thrown in as an after thought, you'll probably enjoy this. It's not very interesting but it's comforting.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

This is a powerful stuff, but I like it! My first thought was oud and I was very surprised when I didn't saw it among the notes listed. Maybe it's the combination of kulfi, amber amd sandalwood. For me it's a mainly balsamic scent. I do smell some sweetness, but not too much. I think a guy can perfectly pull this off.

Mr. Chris
Mr. Chris

I just got Noir Extreme and I've been hearing this is very similar but has much better performance, I tend to wear more masculine fragrances but I like a good gourmand for dates and special occasions. New Haarlem is probably the closest thing to a feminine scent I've worn and probably don't want to go a whole lot more feminine than that so...

I need some ladies opinions, would a man be able to wear this?

appleorchard
appleorchard

This is incredible! It's definitely foody but not too much. I detect vanilla, raspberry, and chocolate in the top. The base is wood and cinnamon. Nothing offensive or cloying. Tom Ford, please make more gourmands. Cuz you DIHD this :P

Mona-Jo
Mona-Jo

It smells mysterious, a little sweet, a little Amber (and I find Amber screechy) but I love this. I purchased a bottle. Swapped it away after not giving it much of a chance. So,Rome sent me a sample. I have it another try and voila! I purchased another bottle. I'm keeping it this time.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

Reminds me indian incense sticks.
Really nice smelling, not too much sugar and a large and complex notes range are present.
Bold and balanced, comforting.

x-x-x-ANGEL-x-x-x
x-x-x-ANGEL-x-x-x

This is dark, seductive and incredibly sensual. Definitely a must buy.

kgloverii
kgloverii

This perfume grabs me and won't let go. I received a sample from Nordstrom and the first time I tried it, I was **in love.** My feelings were deep and committed. Tom Ford Noir captured my heart and simply will not let it go.
Today, I picked up the rollerball in Sephora. It quite honestly, is probably the most expensive rollerball in the store, and *I DIDN'T FLINCH." This stuff intoxicates me. I had been disarmed by the scent, I was no longer in control. I swiped, and I left with this little tube of pure joy,
My husband is a fragrance snob. His nose rejects cheap. He hates when women smell like food. His nose likes complex, mystery. Nothing loud though. He smells Tom Ford Noir on me and he said it grabs his attention. "Where is that hot, sophisticated woman I smell?" Is the thought that instantly crosses his mind. He said it's the perfect scent. It catches his interest immediately.
There is a depth to this. The amber, vanilla, tobacco are the scents that hold on. There's nothing simple about this. It's divine.

auroramaria

loving this a lot but it's too hot here in Italy to wear it now,will keep for fall and winter.
Amazing scent to me it's a sophisticated gourmand that could be unisex on the right man,I got many compliments wearing this.Sillage and longevity the best

Absolutely Fotini
Absolutely Fotini

At its heart is a thick woody/ambery tobacco scent and after one hour becomes a woody vanilla amber with heavy sillage.Usually scents like that make me asphyxiate (specially on warm days) but for some reason this one doesn't.Finally I found a very sexy seductive perfume fits on my skin:D

LE NEZ - zouhair
LE NEZ  - zouhair

C'est un parfum de merveille, on peut aussi savoir pourquoi il est élu 1er parfum au monde 2015, il est trop bon, un parfum mystère, crémé, vanille, ambré, il est trop spécial a mon avis, ressemble pas mal au tom ford noir extrem pour homme mais celui-la a plus de cachet, personnellement je ne trouve pas qu'il est féminin, je le porte aussi est il est apprécié comme un parfum pour homme, c'est un parfum classe, sensuelle, smokey et chocolaté aussi... élégant et moderne a la fois, c'est rare de trouver un aussi bon parfum
sa longévité est bonne ainsi que sa projection même si elle est pas très bien noté

cherie97
cherie97

Usually Tom Ford perfumes are too strong and dark for me, but I really love this one. It's creamy, rich yet very feminine. I got my bottle when it was still cold outside, so it was perfect match for cashmere sweaters, hot coffee and so on. To me, it smells mysterious and luxurious. Unfortunately my husband doesn't like it, so i'm not using it much. Sometimes he says it smells like hot chocolate to him, but mostly when i'm wearing it he says its too masculine and can't stand (even though i spray just a little). BUT I still go for it from time to time:) Oh, and the bottle is absolutely gorgeous!

lastcenturymodern
lastcenturymodern

Personal preferences aside, Tom Ford is undoubtedly a great fashion designer. I even liked his movie. His perfume line however, I fail to appreciate. Of the 6 or 7 I've tried, maybe Fleur de Chine was the only one that didn't leave me completely indifferent. Black Orchid turned out to be just a sheer ozonic chocolate--not awful but certainly not the raunchy, mind blowing modern masterpiece it's hailed as. White Patchouli smells like scalp. And now this? Whatever kulfi is supposed to be (ok I admit I know what kulfi is supposed to be) this is just your regular amber vanilla with sour-fruity undertones. The sandalwood provides a sherbet-y feel while the mastic hints at something smoky, but barely.
If there's one thing modern perfumery has churned out by the bucket load it's vanilla, and nothing about this one particularly stands out from the rest. Like Pharcyde says, "you know there's otha fish in the sea".

esteban747
esteban747

A creamy vanilla. Forget about plastic artificial vanilla.
This is like a fire that slowly envelops you and takes you to another place. It feels regal, voluptuous and so damn sexy!
Vanilla incensee is dreamy, opium black is over the top. Tom Ford Noir walks in the middle. It's hard to find a sweet perfume that's elegant, refined and modern. Well, Tom Ford made it possible.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I have several Tom Ford fragrances and no doubt he is on top of the game with perfumes. Mainly because not only are they different then many mainstream scents but they are truly well made and for the most part, fairly long lasting.

This one is a cold weather fragrance. I find it has much similarity to Jack Bauer 24 Gold Scentstory. If you look that one up you will also see raving reviews. It's just a really nice fragrance that strays away from the typical floral or gourmand scents.

DionysusSeven
DionysusSeven

Oh dear lord, this was love at first sniff. I almost stuck the whole god damn tester right up my nose. I couldn't stop smelling this. Could. Not. Stop. It is powdery. But not a generic floral powdery. It's sweet, but not about to give you diabetes sweet. It's warm, but not so warm that you couldn't wear in the hotter months. It's so sexy. It's so sophisticated. You'll smell expensive and smell like sex. It was instantly comforting to me, yet at the same time, I feel that it's not a comfortable scent that is boring, bland, or necessarily safe. Not every woman can pull this off IMO. But if it works with your chemistry, then douse yourself in this. I feel like this needs the highest of expensive stilettos, the sexiest and softest leather dress..and the darkest and most leggy red wine. Or you could just slip into the coziest cashmere sweater and drink the darkest coffee. I love this Tom Ford.

Figue20
Figue20

My issue with TF fragrances are I can't really differentiate the notes in them. This scent makes me think of Black Orchid, Sahara Noir and Organza. Except this one I find wearable. Smooth and easy compared to the others I mentioned, which I can't wear.

Edit: It also reminds me of Doir Poison. Don't sent smell like it but it smells related.

Soofiya
Soofiya

first whiff and then it goes directly between my top ten
I love this dark spicy powdery vanilla,I love every note of it,from the first spicy citrus opening with a fresh vibe,til the gorgeous,seductive,deliciously creamy amber,sandalwood dry down,I also can detect soft tobacco and my beloved rum,not mentioned in lists but my nose really touches them
it's not too sweet,also is not very dark,right amount for my taste and it stays on me for hours and hours
it reminds me dior addict,I love both the same
after velvet orchid this is a new tom ford love

Giggra
Giggra

Sampled this today at Nordstrom. My SA had me sample it along with the lotion. It is a lovely vanilla and tobacco scent with horrible projection and poor longevity. I sprayed it on my pulse points as well as my clothes. I got nothing very quickly. Very disappointing. I wish TF just made a feminine private collection of tobacco V. This is beautiful but not worth the price point.
I do need to disclose that I have both the TF Black Orchid and the TF Velvet Orchid, so I was expecting the same type of quality since this had the same price point.

densire

I was curious to see how would smell on me and I bought a fb. On my sisters the smell was different and on me Smells like sweet tobbacco but in a good way and sometimes smells like something sweet like food kinda. I dont know why people say that it doesnt last but on me it last all day I dont even have to re-apply.

monamonib
monamonib

The review that said that pour femme has same smell to Dior addict that was true when I sprayed it ifelt iam wearing Dior addict so I wonder if my feeling was wrong but another review here assured my feeling the only difference that Tom Ford got moderate sillage and doesn't stay long as Dior addict

Fancyfeast
Fancyfeast

I tried this in Sephora today after searching endlessly for such a fragrance - it is exactly what appeals to me as it is so deep and sexy, the vanilla and tobacco stand out heavily,and linger. There is a note of ginger to my nose. This fragrance is like my little black dress. I just cant help but wish it was a little stronger. I dont want to have to spray a ton of it on to get the full effect. However, wherever I do spray it, its do addictive, that I cant help but keep smelling myself...It is mysterious...but it needs more sillage for it to be the "Noir" I really picture it to be.

saintleegray
saintleegray

Am I the only person that gets total dior addict from this? They are nearly identical, I have one on one wrist and one on another and can detect almost no difference, especially in the dry down.

drugstore classics
drugstore classics

I am in complete agreement with Elena Vosnaki's review in believing Noir Pour Femme to be less dark and exotic than Estee Lauder's Sensuous Noir... or for that matter, a whole host of vintage fragrances one could name.

Noir Pour Femme IS a lovely fragrance, with creamy, grounded, and sweet characteristics, but for me personally nothing DARK as the name and advertisments would seem to imply. Pleasant and pretty scents are marketable, but not highly appealing as ad copy!

For a memorable, heady experience, I would look elsewhere. Sillage also leaves something to be desired for an offering from Tom Ford. In this respect also, Sensuous Noir wins hands down.

Happily, there are many truly dark aromas awaiting the fragrance lover. For a delightful, smoky vanilla I recommend "Smoke and Mirrors' by Alkemia, and for the richest fireplace smoke ever, Dev 2 by Olympic Orchids. Now THAT'S dark!

brokeunistudent12
brokeunistudent12

This is everything I've been looking for in a perfume.
Dark spicy vanilla, an unmistakeable leather and that distinct aroma that I can only liken to the first whiff you get from opening a pouch of expensive rum flavoured tobacco.
I cannot get enough of this. It saturates your senses with so much depth.
The sillage is monstrous.
The first stages, although I love them in all their glory, are wild and untame and can fill up a train carriage in a matter of minutes. If I have to be in a "daytime" public place, one spray of this several hours prior will allow this to settle into its quieter smokey vanilla phase.
Because of this I tend to wear it at night. This is my rich, red lipstick perfume, one with the kind of sexy that says "approach with caution".

hsheep
hsheep

Although I do get some dark vanilla deliciousness in the top and mid notes, almost gourmand offset with a masculine sort of edge, this seems to go funky on me and turns to a weird sweaty smell about an hour in.

Edee
Edee

Bought this and just sampled it today. I got absolutely no aroma of any kind from it. Bought it from Macy's, which is pretty respectable retailer. Hoping this is a bad bottle (possibly old stock). I tried spraying on my hand and then on my risk and can smell nothing. I am not paying $165.00 to smell absolutely nothing. It is not a weak smell. it is no smell. How can this be. I hope this is just a bad bottle. I have heard such rave reviews about this.

bagaceirababy
bagaceirababy

Sampled this one today and it kind of smells like a girl wearing very nice and expansive mens cologne. I think I expected more from this one. Not bad and definitely not as strong as velvet and black orchids.

viko
viko

This is passion. Lovely mint and mastic and more. Suitable for summer. I love this perfume, I'm addicted.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I am generally a fan of TF perfumes. I love this one way more than Black Orchid and maybe even more than noir de noir. It definitely has the delicious pistachio nougat thing going on. Very delicious, almost sinful. The vanilla is like extra thick whipped cream. Here is my problem. It caused me to have the worst allergic reaction of any perfume in my entire life with regard to sneezing. And I've sampled thousands. I've owned around 500. I was in such disbelief that something that smells SO DAMN GOOD and would have easily made it to my Top 5 could trigger such a negative physical reaction. I will always mourn that I can not wear this one, it's tragic! :*(

tatonnement
tatonnement

I can only use this during the night as I find it too jarring in the daytime. I love this clove-cinnamon-vanilla-tobacco mix from Tom Ford as it's very accessible and a step down from black orchid in terms of intensity. However, mistake not- it is still a very intense fragrance, one with lasting power and huge silage. The woods in this fragrance are of the creamy variety, softened by chunks of sweetness that radiates like the sun's rays. This is a scent of opposites and extremes, best worn on a cold day or in the middle of the desert. Spicy, sexy, unisex- another masterpiece from TF.

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

My favorite offering from Tom. I love this stuff!

shiva-woman
shiva-woman

I generally love the notes listed in Tom Ford scents, spray them with longing and hope, and am usually disappointed (except with Sahara). One person noted Sensuous Nude and I think this is similar). It smells very amber-orange on me (which is not a good "pairing" for my skin). I smell the vanilla and amber (usually good), but I also get a patch smell (not listed) which I think is the mastic (usually I love patch and woods, but this one is a tad unpleasant "initially"). Silage is nil; longevity is good. On someone else, either male or female, this would probably smell pretty quite good, as in I might love it. I do not smell the rose. Try before you buy
Edit: The longevity is pretty good; the scent continues to morph by the fifth hour into an intense gourmand. I now smell chocolate. It's a very sweet, chocolate-patch smell with amber and vanilla (the kulfti). I like it better now as a amber-"patch"gourmand; the orange blossom and bitter orange was competitive with the warmth at the onset (I love orange/orange blossom but...)--it created a tension I did not like at first. Now, I'm enjoying the perfume; my second time wearing I definitely enjoyed it--don't know that I'd buy a large bottle, but it's worth checking out, especially for those who love the foodie scents. This has enough complexity that it's not a sugar bomb.
New Edit: April '16--I bought the whole bottle. It just...grew...on.. me.

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

Cosy sexy and scrumptious this is now my favourite Tom Ford. I wasn't convinced at first but after milking three samples dry I bought two 100ml bottles at the same time. That's never happened before. There's an odd "oil paint" note that I can't get enough of but turns this perfume quite butch

densire

I tested this in both of my sisters and in one of them smells kinda expensive. Smells like cloves cinnamon and vanilla and hints of chocolate and on my other sister smells like expired body lotion like something rotten and expired it doesnt smell good on her at all.

So I think this one would be better to test it before buying because everybody chemistry's different.
On the sister that smelled good it lasted till the next day and as it gets cold the silage gets better.

Elena Vosnaki
Elena Vosnaki

It's surprising to consider that Tom Ford's Noir pour femme is actually less "noir" than Lauder's Sensuous Noir and closer to suede-feeling Bottega Venetta's original Bottega Venetta EDP, however sweeter, tamer, composed of rich dried fruits & nuts and of creamy woods. This kind of persuasion is popular when presented by a posh brand, the luxury of the image creates an illusion of density and the solid, retro ribbed bottle of Noir plays up to that effect.
Noir Femme is sensuous, no doubt, and beckons you with this balance between creaminess and transparency, but doesn't really convince on opulence. I can't see the point on differentiating between a feminine and masculine edition, since this leans more into unisex territory, though.

letoilenoire
letoilenoire

I absolutely love this fragrance. It's a more mature gourmand and smells different compared to a lot of the other sweet perfumes I have and love. I only smell the vanilla, kulfi, and sandalwood throughout. I smell no rose, no orange. This is the one tom ford fragrance I love and would be willing to shell out the money on.

archivist
archivist

I'm not much of a Tom Ford fan in general. There are a few I like, but in general they seem over-the-top and inelegantly blended, real sledgehammers. This one, though... This is heaven. I have a few gourmands - not many, because I don't like many of them. This one, I love. Absolute love. The mastic and ginger is SUCH a nice touch in this - adding a crispness and levity and astringency that keeps the pistachio/vanilla/amber rich creaminess from being too heavy. Mastic and ginger can both be hard to work with, they are strong and tend to dominate a scent. The nose for this one managed to get the balance so perfect that they end up supporting the gourmand notes and giving the fragrance a sophisticated facet that many gourmands lack due to having absolutely no bone structure. This one isn't just a glob of dessert. That said, I wish it had zero orange blossom in it - but that's me. I feel like the orange blossom runs roughshod over some of the more elegant and fragile notes in the drydown, but it's not too marshmallow pillowy even after the topnotes burn off, because the mastic keeps on surging and enduring. Really admirably crafted fragrance.

I'm definitely going to be looking into testing as many other Sonia Constant scents as I can lay my hands on, especially for houses that gave her a decent budget and brief to work with - because this is brilliant. It's similar to quite a few other things, but the subtlety in the execution and details is where it distinguishes itself from others in the genre.

nathalie87
nathalie87

I am in love! Like an elegant dessert with something nutty maybe pistachio. Also remindes me of those white nougat bars with nuts inside, i dont know what they are called. It is sweet but not in a sugary syntetic way, more like a natural nutty nougat sweetness! A lot of nuts and nougat in this review but that is just what it remindes me of! And NO it is not a boring perfume, it manages to be very elegant and classy even though it is kind of sweet and gourmand like, maybe the sandalwood is helping? I dont know.. But there is something in this perfume that makes it more interesting than other sweet kind of thick perfumes. It's like sweet but elegant, thick but kind of fresh, strong but soft, spicy but not that oriental...? Omg.. so hard to describe. It guess it is very well blended!

cdmarz
cdmarz

I love this perfume. However, I don't think I can buy it. It smells like kulfi all the way through on me. Delicious.

Thoughts as I wore this:
1) Reminds me of pistachio halva.
2) Smells like dessert (see above)
3) Gives me a serious sweet tooth and makes me hungry.( I will gain so much weight!)
4) Smells like a head shop. More specifically one of those "cool" ones I went to when I was young and I thought going to those places was so cutting edge and where they burned lots of incense (kombucha I think).

modernmabuse

I tried today and I want to say this:

AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!AWESOME!

Malenkig
Malenkig

Correctly used this one gives me vanilla, lots of kulfi and some amber on the dry down. In the store i felt as though a had a gentle dove on my wrist were I'd sprayed it, and I kept smelling it throughout the day. It makes me feel safe and warm, in love and protected all at the same time. There's vulnerability somewhere in there to, the way you feel after a good cry. When I get this dry down I just cant stop smelling it.

I think it's a wonderful scent, and and I've grown to love the top and middle notes as well. (note: the kulfi is stronger in the drydown than in the middle for me.)

However, when used with my regular body butter (vaselin in texture, chocolate and vanilla scented), the dry down instead turns into a soapy rose. VERY different. Not offputting, but not half as good as the dry down without my body butter. I get around this by taking care not to get any body butter on my wrists when I have a date night, but I wish the two would play nicer together...

Emma0714
Emma0714

Oh Tom Ford Noir, my not so secret crush.

This is a perfect gourmand for connoisseurs. Sweet caramel Dulce de Leche mixed with resinous amber and dry sandalwood. Also get some nuts in here somewhere. Sinfully delicious.

Eri1985
Eri1985

very strong smell of mastic. I do not like it at all. Disheartened. And very Very expensive .

marco_m
marco_m

A word of warning, people don't tend to like this one: especially before the warm vanilla dry-down. My mom, my boyfriend, my sisters, most of my friends, they all dislike Noir. But that makes me love it all the more. I wear this on days I feel especially confrontational. The resinous, harsh amber opening is a big middle finger to the rest of the world. Another reviewer associated Noir's opening to the memory of being a teenaged goth and it can't get more accurate than that. It's a very hip scent in the first hour or two. However, once it dries down you're only left with a luxurious, dark, and smoky vanilla. Nothing special from there on out, but definitely delectable. One of my all time favorites.

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

on my skin just take the syrupy rose from noir de noir mix it with amber, ginger and vanilla...... smells like a more wearable verison of Sahara Noir

Sweetfragrance
Sweetfragrance

The first Tom Ford in my collection. The first Tom Ford that blew my socks off. This screams "subtly classy chic" it is elegance, it is addictive, it is still on my skin hours after I sprayed. Definitely a classic. Definitely. You need to try this if you like lighter powder, lightly sweetened.

She_Wolf
She_Wolf

I have such a love-hate relationship with Noir Pour Femme. It is so close to being perfect for me, but not quite there. It’s a heart-breaker, really.

When I got a sample of this at Sephora, the salesperson wrinkled their nose while decanting it. “This one is very…interesting,” they said. I had high hopes right then.
The opening of Noir Pour Femme brings me back to a very early scent memory, of when I was a young teenager, going to a sketchy perfume oil booth set up at my small town’s county fair. I asked to try on something called “Dragon’s Blood,” because I was a little baby goth and I thought it sounded cool. The person running the booth took the bottle down from the rickety shelf and dabbed some on my neck. It was awful, but in the best way. Too heavy, too musky, too resinous. That’s what the opening of NPF is on me. Those deep, heady, sharp resins, dark and very goth.
As it dries down, those dark top notes meld with the creamy vanilla and kulfi accords, and it’s fantastic. It’s tooth-ache inducing and demonic at the same time. It’s nasty good.
But then the dry-down continues, and all those dark resinous notes fade into nothing. All you’re left with is a very pedestrian sweet gourmand. After a few mere hours, NPF turns into the most boring, flat caramel imaginable. Think Aquolina Pink Sugar, but less fun.

Why, Tom Ford? Shouldn’t those lovely resinous notes stay long into the end? Why did you have to create a scent that was a perfect bad girl gourmand for an hour, and a boring caramel for five? Such a disappointment. The hunt continues, I guess.

pearla2008
pearla2008

Nothing especial, hardly can smell it after 10 min regret to get it :(

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

Very interesting fragrance! It smells like sweet, powdery mint to my nose. Like peppermint candy with some added powderiness that is only very slightly sour, reminiscent of sweet tarts. This is candy all the way, but not cloyingly sweet candy. It's a refreshing, powdery candy. It does remind me of a cold winter night. The powderiness has nothing to do with baby powder. Very cool scent overall, and it's definitely unisex. The mint-like coolness of the fragrance is likely due to the ginger. People say there's smoke in this perfume, which freaked me out, because I dislike smokiness/incense in perfumes, but I don't smell incense, so it's all good. It is a heavier scent though.

charmedbella
charmedbella

Noir Pour Femme was on my Christmas list and Christmas came a little early! This was also totally a blind "gift", as I had not smelled it prior to putting it on my list.

The opening is bright -- a big blast of citrus and spice (ginger). No smoke to my nose. It fades quickly and moves into this delicious cream with flowers. It evolves yet again, this time with the gorgeous vanilla, a hint of warm amber, topped with sandalwood. At the very end, the vanilla is extremely prominent and probably the most amazing, "true" vanilla I've smelled in a fragrance. This is just barely gourmand, but completely grown-up and totally sophisticated.

This is luxurious and opulent. Sweet, soft, sexy, mysterious. The vanilla is mature, decadent, and rich, but again, it doesn't take it into full-blown gourmand territory. Just a hint of it while remaining sensual, modern, and chic.

NPF brings visions of long, black limousines, expensive champagne, dripping in diamonds, and a decadent crème brûlée.

I suppose this would be considered an evening perfume to most, but on the right person, this could work as a daily fragrance. I certainly would not discriminate. Something like this, while it is grand and glamorous, shouldn't be tucked away for special occasions because it makes you feel amazing when you wear it -- and you should feel amazing every day.

ellina1984
ellina1984

Noir is not quite what I was expecting from a TF release.
Smoke and vanilla are very prominent in Noir. The problem is that this scent is a sugar overload. Sweet like you wouldn't believe from TF. And it is potent. I think I could only ever wear this if I applied one spray on my tummy, under thick clothes. Otherwise the sweetness would be overbearing.

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

HUGE SANDALWOOD scent!!! Sandalwood and cream. You have to be big Ssndalwood fan to really appreciate this scent. I love Sandalwood so I love the scent, but if you don't, leave this one alone.

nvenus
nvenus

I really didn't like this one and on top of that, it almost gave me a headache just like the other Tom Ford perfumes around.

Heavy, bitter, dark, bad... If I ever bother to try and analyse it again, I'll come back for a more detailed review.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Sweet Vanilla with a rich dense quality, lovely Amber too and some unusual notes to make it stand out. A good nighttime Vanilla, not too sweet but still gourmand qualities. Warm and sensual. Lasts well too! Nighttime special occasion sort of scent.

Nataja
Nataja

Sexy.. A smoky jazz bar,dressed with glitter,hair dolled up and smoky-eyes,nude lips,and a cigar smoke coming from that sexy stud across the room..!

Roxette

Mysterious, gentle, yet sophisticated, sexy, amazing, leathery-tobacco-dark chocolate kind of heaven! I am obsessed with this and wearing it to work attracts all my male colleagues at my desk more than usual :))). But they don't know it's not my charms, but this amazing perfume I am becoming to be obsessed with! Great job, Tom Ford! :) my absolute fav of this perfume house!

mruf1
mruf1

I really like this "Noir" by Tom Ford...it reminds me a little of Chanel's Coco Noir...which I also love Would love Santa to leave this under my tree!

stamatia
stamatia

I would like this too.Its the best for winter and christmas!

adrienn99
adrienn99

lol. why all these people below write here they'd want it for Christmas? Did I miss something and Fragrantica is actually Santa Claus's notepad? :D Direct mail to Santa? or what??? :D

woiny
woiny

I would like to have this perfume for this holiday season !!!!!!!! But i am very welcome with others too since it is a gift .......

arenee92
arenee92

This is my first Tom Ford. My mom wears Black Orchid, but on me, it smells like dirty black tea. While reading NPF's notes, I knew she and I would have a chance. Smoky, ambery vanilla. But, pure vanilla...not candy-like. I love the kufli note, giving a smooth, creamy vibe. I don't find this sweet, as others mention. Maybe it is sweet, but not anything in the likes of things like Pink Sugar, or Fantasy. It's a grown up, expensive smelling fragrance. Warm, smooth, creamy, deep. Like a sexy cashmere sweater with a studded leather jacket, biker boots, and red lipstick. Feminine, but badass. That first spray envelopes me in the sweetest, coziest, blanket. I haven't even LOOKED at another perfume since I started wearing this beauty. Captivating. I get so many compliments from men, AND women while wearing this.Thank you, Tom!

Elviraelbasan
Elviraelbasan

Oh , I really want to have this perfume :-)
I am really greatful to Tom Ford for creating this masterpiece ,

Hapyyy christmas to all you fragranticas and a special thank you goes to those who works on fragrantica site .
You have filled my life with joy , your site is oasis of happiness for me .
A warm scented hug to all of you :-)
Ela

raglenn
raglenn

Rich, warm, intriguing and sexy. I want it for Christmas!!

sylph
sylph

I just got engaged and Tom Ford Noir would always remind me of this event and the month full of miracles :)

reinevp
reinevp

Just received a sample of this today. When I first sprayed it, I liked it. I thought, "finally, a Tom Ford that isn't screechy, but more gourmand. I think I can wear this." It was warm and spicy, reminding me so much of Chopard Casmir that I sprayed my other arm with that to compare.

Sadly, NPF quickly took a turn for the worse. All the lovely gourmand notes began to disappear, and that hated skanky musk note began to appear, until now, hours later, that is all I can smell. Skanky body odor. Needless to say, I am not feeling the slightest bit sexy, only slightly nauseated. Oh wait, the Casmir is still there on my other arm. Let me bury my nose in it....... Ahhh.

Vegas Pauli

I smelled this, Noir for men and Noir Extreme all at the same time, not knowing which was for men or women, and I liked this one the best of the three. I found out later it was the Noir Femme. This didn't phase me in the least so I got a bottle.
To me this is a rich gourmand and sweet, but not in the usual candy coated way. It's dark, succulent and damn tasty. On me I don't get any citrus or flowers at all. I get a salty pecan pie fresh out the oven with vanilla praline ice cream melting on top. The closest scent I can compare it to is Carter Must (both have rose, sandalwood, vanilla, bergamot, mandarin orange and amber) without the powdery flowers and with warm caramel mixed in.
Warning: anyone smelling this on your neck will want to nibble on it. Its sex in a bottle.

fpih
fpih

This was love at first sniff for me; although the dry down is quite different from the smoky opening, I liked both stages enough to go out and buy a bottle a couple of days after I first tried it.

I admit to liking the opening more: it's certainly the darker, smokier, heavier of the two, while the dry down is creamy & smooth, like a cashmere blanket. The vanilla becomes quite pronounced as time goes by, with a touch of amber that makes it a bit more sensual than gourmand IMO. Somehow, the creaminess reminds me of Bvlgari's Jasmine Noir dry down, perhaps because they both evoke the same feelings, rather than any similarity in notes.

Like other reviewers have mentioned, it smells luxurious, like quality and money. Unfortunately, unlike other TF fragrances, it stays close to the skin after the first hour and disappears completely after exactly 6 hours. But it stays much longer on clothes, so if you wear only this one for days in a row, you might finally achieve some decent sillage. Pity, if it lasted/projected more, it would certainly achieve HG status for me, because the scent itself is absolutely divine. And soothing as hell:)

Roxette

Amazing scent! Can't stop smelling my wrist! Probably the most unique, sofisticated, sexy perfume to date.

nebbe
nebbe

I totally see this working for other ladies, and I wish it worked for me. Alas, no. Too something for me too enjoy - thick, or complex, or something.
Tested this next to YSL Black Opium and Gucci Bamboo, and turns out I like sweet and simple Bamboo over complex/sweet BO and NPF.
Worth a shot, but cannot advise blind buy. Unless that's your prerogative, then who am I to judge ;)

LoveAndMagic
LoveAndMagic

I received a sample of this and my first impression was, why on Earth would I pay this kind of money for a scent that I can barely smell? Mind you, the temperature was 80 degrees outside and did absolutely NOTHING for this exquisite concoction. Fast forward to the weather dropping into the mid 50's and I decided to give it another go, and am I ever so thankful I did!

I don't get any citrus when I spray this. On initial blast, I get major alcohol and then in comes a hint of floral, rose mingling with the jasmine for all of one minute. 59 seconds and like clockwork, olfactory MAGIC!

Is that really me smelling this heavenly? Oh my, nose calm down, you are getting too excited! This makes me want to twirl from one end of the room and back, just so I can travel through the scent trail. I KID YOU NOT. I smell a creamy, sweet amber mixed with a little smoke, that just keeps getting better. And then there is a hint of tobacco. Yes, tobacco and it is that wonderful vanilla flavored pipe tobacco! NPF where have you been all my life?! I asked my friends if they thought I smelled too manly because of the hint of tobacco I kept getting a waft of? "No way, you smell delicious." My sentiments exactly!

So, who was crazy enough to shell out this kind of money for a perfume, I was. Why? I couldn't get this scent out of my head. That is a rarity. Every perfume I tested after this left my senses sad. This is the perfect mix of sweetness and warmth. I believe a man could easily pull this fragrance off too. Snuggle worthy.

Cocotea
Cocotea

This is, I think, the perfect grown up gourmand. Yes it comes this close to almost being just another gourmand and then you have to take another sniff and another, like staring at a plain Jane because something about her pulls you in. As I type this review I keep sniffing the cap of the bottle because it's that good. I got it on Friday and I have been wearing this baby out. I think that Noir in the name implies you have to wear it at night, but I don't care, I've worn this nonstop morning noon and night over the weekend. I get ginger and citrus on opening (I really love ginger and citrus together) then some heavy vanilla amber chocolate Nutella hershey special dark chocolate throughout the rest of the wear. I don't know why chocolate in one form or another isn't listed as a note because I smell it! And the longevity is Amazing. I went out with this on on Friday night and the shirt I was wearing still smells strongly of this as I put it in the wash. Silage is monstrous so use with a light hand, although it smells so good you will want to swim in the scent... I think the omission of patchouli keeps it from smelling like almost every other gourmand out there.

GatsbyDreams
GatsbyDreams

What does Noir Pour Femme smell like? It smells like money. Really sexy money. Yes, it smells spicy, exotic, and creamy. But so do a lot of gourmand/oriental perfumes. This is not the most mind blowing or unique perfume in the world but it definitely has personality. (A caviar and champagne, first class ticket to the French Riviera kind of personality.) It is unapologetically sexy and makes a statement. However, just like with any other statement perfume, it needs to be worn sparingly and with taste. Douse yourself in this, however, and you'll definitely turn heads...in the other direction.

insolence
insolence

Serge Lutens described one of his perfumes as "a diabolic trail of smoke left by Satan in Paradise".

When I first tried Noir pour femme, I remembered these words. It smelled so relaxing and warm, sweet and ambery, but still had something quite dark in it. There was some smokiness that reminded me of Black Orchid. After several hours, this "diabolic" note disappeared - I was just about taking a bath and in the hot and humid air something very creamy and delicious bloomed beautifully. Hands down, kulfi smells just heavenly in this composition.

BO (if compared to Noir) is totally demonic, like Satan broke into paradise and never left it. But this one is very nice and wearable without heavy earthiness and weird notes. BO still smells more Noir than Noir pour femme and therefore, more appealing to me, but if you want something warm/gourmandish and glamorous at the same time, try Noir. It won't disappoint.

risarii
risarii

Not as complex or unique as other Tom Ford fragrances (such as Black Orchid, Tobacco Vanille, Jasmin Rouge, etc.) but still better than the majority of mainstream fragrances offered at the moment. It's strong, sensual, feminine, and long lasting. On my skin, I get mainly vanilla and amber with the flowers, along with a unique note that I assume is the kulfi. It's also slightly sweet, but NOT sugary or candy sweet; instead, here the sweetness comes from the flowers and obviously the vanilla. I must say I enjoy the vanilla in this, because it isn't cookie smelling. It smells like actual vanilla with a slight bitterness. Very nice.

I don't think I'll be buying a bottle (I much prefer Black Orchid) but I'm glad something like this will be popular, instead of some of the more boring fragrances that have been all the rage lately (coughFlowerbombcough). Tom Ford makes quality perfumes, even when they're more mainstream and "generic" (like Velvet Orchid, which was too sweet for me but was still good quality). I look forward to smelling this in a crowd. :)

reddove
reddove

I didn't find this scent to be very complex. It's not bad but I wouldn't call it good either.

I imagine a curtain of old red plastic beads dangling at a doorway. As you part them with your hands inside you find yourself in a room that hasn't changed since the 70's. There is nag champa incense burning in some old panther figurine holder. A couple of people are sitting on the couch stoned out of their minds. One is smoking a cigarette. Air is thick, dense, not fresh, hard to breath, patchouli everywhere. As I breath deep into my forearm I can also pick up wifs of cloves and vanilla. This is a spicy scent. I would say it's kinda masculine. Perhaps more suited for a man?

Overall I give this 3 out of 5 stars. I would not buy a bottle of this. It doesn't give me the impression of perfume people will be talking about 100 years from now. Buy a sample and try it yourself.

dod_rocco
dod_rocco

sorry but its the first and obvious fragrance that i have tested, really comercial and equal all the sweet vanilla scents in the market, its not the TOM FORD signature! :(

jockinjb
jockinjb

At first, generic and obnoxious.... then the magic happens. This is amazingly complex and SOFT. Give her an hour to breathe. She makes me itch for more. The best way I can describe it is when I wear this I want to get closer to MYSELF! I'm putting it on the "MUST BUY" list.

kori.hudson
kori.hudson

Last week, I was browsing through Sephora, and the Tom Ford display caught my eye. Intrigued by the appealing visuals and the high price, I spritzed the various offerings onto different parts of my body. A little Velvet Orchid here, some Black Orchid there, some White Patchouli in the right elbow crease, and a healthy spray of Noir to top it off. My overarching impression? YUCK. On first spray, I was unimpressed with any of them, so I moved on to browse others, irritated that I had wasted valuable body territory on such overrated scents.

Fast forward about an hour. I am now trying on a shirt at Gap, when I get a whiff of the most divine scent I have ever encountered. It is on my forearm. I begin to smell my arm compulsively, taking in the heady aroma of vanilla, orange blossom, sandalwood, amber and all things cozy and delicious and addictive when mixed with my body chemistry. I was obsessed. What WAS this incredible aroma?

I racked my brain, trying desperately to figure out which fragrance had produced such an amazing interaction. I was pretty sure it was Tom Ford, but which one? I boldly trekked back to Sephora, determined to locate this dream scent. Thankfully, there was a wonderful salesperson on hand to help. She felt my pain and prepared several samples for me to try at home to figure it out. Little did she know I had no patience for such things. I live 30 minutes from Sephora, and I was not in the mood to go home and wait days to unravel the mystery. Instead I went to Dillard's and hunted desperately for unsprayed areas of my body so I could figure out which was which. I made notes in my phone and sprayed Black Orchid on my calf, White Patchouli on my right shoulder, Velvet Orchid on my left elbow and Noir on my left shoulder. It didn't take long to figure it out.

My left shoulder smelled divine within about 15 minutes. Noir it was... Noir indeed. I don't even know how to describe the journey this scent takes me on. After an opening that whacked me on the head with a smell reminiscent of my drunk uncle (smoke, booze, and maybe a chocolate or two to convince the kiddies not to hate him), Noir quickly dries down to the most divine and sensual mix of smells.

If a Cuban cigar and a vanilla bean hot buttered rum spent the night taking opium naked under silk sheets in a dimly lit velvet-draped love nest, Noir Pour Femme would be their sweet, sexy baby.

I marched over to Sephora and bought 1.7 ounces of the stuff on the spot, and I have enthusiastically bathed in it every day since. I have gotten so many compliments. My boyfriend loves it, and everyone who gets a whiff seems to pause to think about it. One of my good friends sat next to me in class (I am a nontraditional college student) and had to stop mid lecture to ask me what the amazing smell was.

A little goes a long way with this one. A spray on the wrist and one on the chest is plenty to last me all day. In fact, if I get in close, I can still smell a seductive sweetness on my skin even the morning after. A wise man once said that perfume was meant to be discovered, not advertised, and for me, Noir Pour Femme fits this bill. It isn't loud, but when you get close enough to find it, oh my goodness...

Noir Pour Femme is a complex scent, going through many transformations. Don't let the opening fool you, the dry down is well worth the wait. Throughout the day, it transitions from being woody and earthy to sweet and almost gourmand. I get notes reminding me of West Side by Bond No. 9 and Sensuous by Estee Lauder, plus a heady, naughty tobacco and animal scent that sounds like it should be repulsive, but instead makes me want to practically eat my own arm off.

I imagine Noir Pour Femme's performance might vary depending on body chemistry, but I strongly recommend giving this one a go. Time will tell, but if it turns out on you like it turned out on me, you will wind up with a signature scent you can't imagine life without. Enjoy!

virga
virga

I understand why so many praises Noir Pour Femme – it’s delicate vanilla gourmand with a hint of ginger and very light incense, creamy and semi sweet, completely inoffensive and suitable for any occasion, day or night. In a way it’s similar to Dior Addict or Hypnotic Poison, but lacks their character and depth and has nothing dark in it. This fragrance is as noir as my little pony. It’s not sensual, just nice, cute, girl-next door fragrance. Another disappointment – it’s very linear. In general – well made mainstream fragrance.

eranaral
eranaral

At first spray, all I get is cigaret smoke! its like standing right next to a smoker. But than the smoke goes away and you are left with this creamy vanilla and a nutty undertone.

Odelia
Odelia

Tesori d'oriente Ageyptus on stereoids...and 20 times the price:)))

rufflesbows
rufflesbows

I am sampling this on my wrist right now and I smell like a total SEX BOMB! WOW! I believe this is an instant love for me. I put on smidge of a spray from a sample on my arm and after two hours it is still going strong. So, to me this smells like a delicious, rich, NON-SWEET slightly spicy vanilla, dark cocoa, and smokey wood. I will put this on my wish list and hope for a Christmas miracle! A++++++

NicheMaster29

One of the best frags I've purchased so far this year..
I got a comment "I just want to eat you you smell so delicious "
Best gourmet vinialla creamy heaven frag I've ever smelt
No weak juice here guys... 10+ hrs longevity with great projection
I'm a guy and I'm glad to have this in my collection. I will wear the hell out of this this fall

Twilight99
Twilight99

I just got my bottle today. As a man I love this scent. I now regret that I bought Noir Extreme earlier as they are very similar, but Noir Femme is definitely better. I can almost smell milk chocolate. Now that colder days are here, it will be perfect in the evenings. Every man should have a bottle of this.

deda147
deda147

Whoosh this is a great launch from Tom Ford. It opens up with fresh and semi-sweet citrus notes. The ginger adds a nice zing to the opening. It soon morphs into the Kulfi accord, with a nice floral bouquet in the background. The basenotes show up and provide a lovely, warm accord: a sheer vanilla, supported by a deep,sweet amber. Combine these with the Kulfi and floral notes and you get something along the lines of Dior Addict, as other reviewers have mentioned. It also has a certain smokiness to it; I guess you could contribute that to the sandalwood, but I feel like the incense note is missing from the note pyramid. Overall, a very nice creation, one of the better designer launches of this year. I also like it *a lot* better than TF Noir Intense for men; Noir pour Femme is also decidedly unisex.

Q.R. Crumm
Q.R. Crumm

I quite like this.

there is some kind of "cheap cosmetics" note to it that reminds me of browsing discount cosmetic shops back in the 80's with my mum when I was a kid. There is certainly something "lipsticky" or "cosmetic" here.

There is definitely also some kind of "milk chocolate" there too, along with some soft orange.

Very nice.

I think I will have a bottle of this, and I am a bloke.

Perfume2009
Perfume2009

Oh my gosh guys the dry down is To Die For! When I first sprayed, I thought it was good but not good enough to add to collection as I already have some smoky, spicy, ambers. Enter the dry down....as others have already mentioned it is reminiscent of Organza Indecence..oh so delectable. This is quality stuff - goes through lots of changes and a deep, dark, vanillic finish.

aschiffm
aschiffm

ahh this is gorgeous! i've loved Black Orchid and wanted something without the chocolate and warmth, so this is perfect in that respect! It is similar but Noir Femme is more translucent, woody (sandalwood) smoky (tobacco) and elegant than Black Orchid. i also get smoky rose and zingy ginger. The amber is dry and the vanilla is just enough to round it out (not sickly sweet). Refreshing but voluptuous. i think it would be great on a hot summer night.

interesting review directly below mine from "susyshoes", it does remind me of a darker version of Organza Indecence which was my signature fragrance when i was younger. This might just be the sorcerous level up!

susyshoes
susyshoes

Absolutely stunning and beautiful. Very close to the original Organza Indecence. I cannot wait to get it.

Great vanilla / amber
I agree with the previous review , since I own this fragrance I have no use for all my other fragrances ,,,,sort of a shame but in a way I am happy that I finally found a real signature perfume for myself. And since it is such a ME smell it sort of becomes one with my skin chemistry and nose that I can't smell it for very long,,,,, which is a shame in one way but in another way it just means the smell of TF noir pour femme becomes me ,I don't mind it this way at all. Perfumes that stand out to much on me are usually like a costume and never melt into my skin and eventually revolt me or I dislike them. This one however smells great but stubble on me.

A smooth warm blend of vanilla and amber , enhanced with pistachio cream desert a dab of ginger and rose. Love it !!!!!!! And bottle is great for purse ! I also have the lotion and now on my 3 Rd bottle ! Started to give most of my collection away,,,

mlxo7
mlxo7

Stunning mix of dark chocolate + orange + ginger + cinnamon + vanilla + hint of floral on my skin. It's a bit like dessert, but isn't by any means sickly sweet (thankfully). Like some of the other reviewers, to my nose it has the essence of Organza Indecence + Ambre Narguile + a slight touch of the sweet vanilla in Addict + the orange creamsicle vibe of Dulcis in Fundo. And it is Addictive. This is just a perfect combination of creamy sweetness and smoky spiciness. Nothing before this has ever come close to replacing the original 2002 Dior Addict as my signature fragrance.

The bottle is superb - not only is it my favourite perfume of my collection but it's also my favourite bottle. Black and gold can look tacky, but this is all class. Right now I feel like I could honestly get rid of half of my collection because this is what I've been searching for. I bought the 30ml because it's a little pricey, but next stop is the 100ml.

To top it off, projects well and LASTS.

Sexy, elegant, modern classic. Thank you house of TF!

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

Noir Pour Femme is very "Tom Ford-y". It feels like the cousin to other TF scents, sharing DNA with the Orchids and Tobacco Vanille in particular. While I feel like NPF falls into the same groove as other "noir" fragrances that have been released over the last 6 +/- years, Noir Pour Femme smells high quality and multi-faceted in comparison.

Creamy dairy notes, "grown-up" vanilla, and a honeyed amber facet appear in the opening, while a bit of citrus laces throughout. These syrupy notes settle and start to inherit a powdery quality, which makes room for sandalwood, smooth resins, and what smells like dusty-sweet tobacco smoke in the drydown. After 2 hours this quiets on my skin, leaving a whisper of milky-amber-smoke.

The rapturous opening of Noir Pour Femme made me excited to see how it would unfold; however, the drydown ended up feeling unremarkable, like I was already exposed to its character in the other Tom Fords I've tried. I hope that if I spray this on clothes instead of skin NPF will last longer and hang on to the opening notes I found so euphoric (otherwise, not FBW for me).

Update: I have really come around to TFNPF. It is easy to wear and I like it better than the other Tom Ford fragrances I've compared it to above. Full bottle worthy! WHOOOOO! Beautiful.

Vegas Pauli

Think Noir de Noir (minus the Oud, tuber and patchouli) but slightly sweeter with candied vanilla at the top. This is a good one, rich, succulent and musky. Id think this would smell amazing on someone all dressed up and heading out for the night. Its def sexy too. I think this was the vibe Marc Jacobs was going for with Decadence, but missed. This is a sure fire hit; thumbs way way up on this one

tabitha106
tabitha106

One of my friends recommended TF Noir Pour Femme as the best evening fragrance that lasts all night. So I sampled it a few times and bought it. It is very complex and I do appreciate the blend of citrus melting into flowers...but truly on me I get cinnamon spice, ha! I'm sure it's the ginger in the top of this scent, but really it reminds me of one of those candles during the Holidays that makes your house smell yummy! Also it smells very unisex to me...so confusing why it's labeled for Pour Femme. Sorry, I've tried it and will pass my bottle on to a good friend who loves spice. Love Tom Ford but it's just not for me.

Nebelung

I promised to update if longevity changes to the better and it did! I can safely say it is long-lasting,even in the warmer days on me,it lasts minimum 8 hours but there are times that it stays on even longer and its sillage is sometimes moderate but mostly soft.I really love this quality on a fragrance!!

athinaki
athinaki

Strong,dark,sexy.Definitely for the night.To my nose it is almost identical to Boyfriend but less sweet and not as refined.But since BF is discontinued this can easily be its replacement.

kim_klaus
kim_klaus

The first Tom Ford's I wholly enjoy wearing, and very much so.

It's a warm, cosy, delightful christmas evening expressed in a scent. Burning candles, delicious vanilla pudding, port wine, fireplace, an intimate company, ... peacefulness, contentment and sensuality, in and out. Sweetly soul-warming.

Altogether an essential gourmand for the chilly autumn and tough winter time where I live in. It does slightly remind of Hermès Ambre Narguile, though the Hermès is more straight delicious bakery while Ford is more abstract, dark, sensual and therefore more wearable.

Recommend to give it a good try, as for me it has become far better by time than expected at first place.

Beautiful, warm and cozy oriental scent with a distinctive vanilla note. It's absolutely comforting and relaxing and at the same time, intriguing, deeply pleasant and ladylike. Fantastic choice for autumn and winter.

Dufteren
Dufteren

If I one day met a man that smelled like this, I would eat him alive, so Noir Pour Femme should be sold with a health hazard warning label.

The person who descriped Noir Pour Femme as opulent sensuous and addictive was spot on. I find Black Orchid bleak in comparison. The health risk will not stop me from buying the biggest bottle I can find.

pauroj
pauroj

oh my god tom ford noir you smell so good !
lovely resinous , fresh at the very begining and then just down right awesome like a dessert , use in moderation this is sillage monster like most tom fords.

this is probaly the first time i am so excited about a tom ford fragrance almost the same way i feel about narciso.

just in time for my birthday !

And yes I do agree with orchid_84 it is remenicent of Ambre Narguile by Hermes

Exenidi

I just smell chocolate the first 20 minutes and this note is not in the pyramid . Very intriguing warm calm smell. Still reverting to the sample I have to consider whether it FB worthy. Need the weather to get further into the darker autumn to help me make up my mind...

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

I just got this new Tom Ford today! This is my second perfume from this house, the first is Tobacco Vanille (L♡VE) Well Tom Ford is not only HOT but he knows what's hot!..Noir Pour Femme is a complete turn on..from start to finish

Nebelung

For some weird reason I receive cinnamon and incense/tobacco from this fragrance and I have to admit,like many others, that to my nose it is identical to noir extreme for men.It is nice and cozy but not something out of the ordinary or groundbreaking.It will be a nice go-to winter scent,for day or night -it doesn't matter,and I could safely call it a unisex perfume.Sillage is ok,moderate,so is longevity (at least for now,because on me Tom Fords become stronger with time)...I will update if performance changes to the better!

asiyastay
asiyastay

Exteremely bitter opening heavy on the ginger led me to dislike this scent every time i tried it on a paper slip,
but on skin after a half hour or so it is a delicious vailla-orange dessert. Beyond that point i dont smell it at all.
Unsure about this one.

Saaga
Saaga

I have a sample spray and I've tested this a couple of times now. I like how it's sweet and spicy but it is just too suffocating. At first I think I love it and want to get a FB but every time after an hour or two I decide it's not for me. Maybe I'll try in winter again.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

LOVE! Omg, I love this. I got a peel-and-sample from a co-worker (not the magazine type) and I'm in love.
This is super long lasting and divine. So smooth, creamy and dreamy sweet- a decadent orange spicy vanilla. Except... it's way too expensive. I just can't justify spending that much. And on the plus side, it smells similar to Dior Addict in that it's a spicy vanilla, so I can enjoy the Addict I already have. It also remind me a bit of Kat Von D's Saint which I also have, and the same vibe as L de Lolita, by Lolita Lempicka.

Maybe in a few years, you'll be able to find cheaper testers on ebay. :( Damn, I want this!

The only thing I dislike is the ginger in this. I can't do ginger, but the rest of this scent really works!

I got one!! OMG! I love this. I think fans of Addict, Saint, and L De Lolita Lempicka will adore this. It's softer, long lasting, but not cloying like "L" can be. It's more mature. Delicious! Worth every penny! (And I do believe this is the most I've shelled out for a perfume!)
I also agree it opens with chocolate!

WOWZERS-- this def likes colder weather. I'm in the 50s/60 in Michigan today and when I walk outside, i'm completely enveloped in this! I love it! I put it on 6 hours ago, and I get lovely light whiffs indoors, but wowza- I walk outside and feel like a million bucks!

Mimielle
Mimielle

My sweetie says this smells like 'hot cocoa in the snow', I love the sweet creaminess, it will smell good with sweaters and scarves all autumn and into winter.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Tom Ford Noir pour Femme opens with a smokey chocolate-like note on my skin, which fits the 'Noir' mood pretty well. However, it soon dissipates, revealing a beige-coloured creamy vanilla dessert, infused with jasmine and orange blossom, with a tart orange topping. But at the same time, it's only figuratively speaking, as the amber and sandalwood in the base keep the 'dessert' effect rather abstract and sophisticated.

The fragrance doesn't change much afterwards. It just becomes slightly more woody as the sandalwood grows a bit stronger. The sillage is moderate to soft, and the longevity is around 10 hours.

Noir pour Femme did not impress me in the way how different notes interact among themselves in Black Orchid, but at the same time, it doesn't need to. Noir pour Femme is an elegant rendition of creamy gourmand elements, not necessarily very original, but solidly constructed and very smooth in texture. I'd recommend it as a sensual vanilla fragrance with relatively abstract gourmand elements.

HotPozzum
HotPozzum

I received a sample of this along with the men's one too. This is a smooth creamy, warm spicy fragrance. Not too sweet/vanilla but does sort of reminds me of home-made rice-pudding! Hint of spice, maybe ginger in there. I can smell the rose and sandalwood faintly as it dries down. It's lovely and safe but I actually prefer the men's version...

moskie
moskie

Just received a sample from Sephora. One sniff and I was back in 1990 smelling vintage Chanel Coco EDP, not to mention a hint of Opium which has been mentioned in other reviews. Anyone else? Now that I see the notes listed, the resemblance is very much there. I love it, but it feels old to me.

andabri
andabri

This is like taking a little bit of the essence of Tobacco Vanille then putting some tame indistinguishable white florals and a heap of smooth, creamy very mellow homemade vanilla pudding over it. In the very opening there is the lightest suggestion of smokiness, but that disappears quickly.

Then for the dry down add in: some amber, a little bit more spice, and an echo of sweet, sticky resin to "deepen" it.

It's a very creamy gourmand oriental.

I really like it! It's great for someone like me, who wants a nighttime fragrance that isn't such a heavy hitter.

ClaudiaA1
ClaudiaA1

This fragrance reminds me of Sahara Noir, but without the Sahara part. I mean that Noir is basically the drydown of SN on me. Flowers, vanilla, amber, resins, smokiness - a composition that is attractive and unisex.

P.S.: I have the same issue with Velvet Orchid and Black Orchid - VO is like the drydown of Black Orchid. Weird...

kirtylou
kirtylou

I got a sample of this. It smells oddly like Velvet Orchid on me, but slightly less heavy and more floral. It's creamy, sweet, floral, and yummy, but I don't think I'll get a whole bottle.

*Edit - I got the whole bottle just because I couldn't help myself, I'm a TF addict!

raw umber
raw umber

It makes no sense to me that Tom Ford would neglect to mention tobacco when it features so prominently in this composition, and instead decide to focus the marketing effort on a fictional note like kulfi. I say kulfi is fictional only because it suggests so much more than the sum of its parts.

It's like how Britney Spears Fantasy advertises a "cupcake" fantasy note, instead of simply suggesting sweet, vanilla, milky. "Kulfi" is interesting, but its individual components, much less so.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter much, except that the marketing should ideally build on the actual attributes of a given composition with a sufficient outcome, instead of playing on an exotic idea of what will hold people's attention for five seconds.

This is a spicy tobacco fragrance with a very sweet, resinous vanilla Eau Duelle-esque drydown. There's a tart tangy element against the sweet tobacco and spicy ginger in the top and heart, which reads as abstract fruity (bergamot?) amongst some Alien-esque jasmine, but the base is a vanilla Bomb with hints of a previous life. It's a lot of a lot, but I'm willing to believe cold weather brings out its best.

NicheMaster29

I bet my whole collection if this juice was put in a private blend bottle and it had a attractive name, it would be THE MOST HYPED fragrance for fall of 2015.
TF messed up by marketing this towards women only. They could of sold so much more. Luckily the bottle looks unisex and nice so that's in their favor.
This is what TF noir extreme SHOULD have been. Similar? Yes. But this is soooo much better.
Best believe I will buy a FB of this long lasting nice projecting juice this fall.
This is a real nose pleaser
Will garnish many compliments
I was at saks last week and sprayed about 25 different frags. Top two dry downs were this and creed royal oud. My next two purchases for fall. This is more of a beast and heavy.

subnatural
subnatural

Standing ovation, Tom Ford! Finally new perfume that makes me say wow! Huge respect for this brand, IMO only Tom Ford and Thierry Mugler keep their quality and artistry in high level and never go only commercial way. Words can't describe it. Oriental & floral? It has quality to be worn by celebrity and bank clerk as well. And both of them would be smelling sweet but sexy and expensive. That's a perfume I was waiting for five years or so. Most of Tom Ford's "dark" perfumes are heavenly but way too big for me and more suitable for men. Finally glamorous & sexy treat for ladies.

auroramaria

This is a. fragrance worth of a goddess! I cannot believe how beautiful this is!I It starts with a combination of gorgeous vanilla and ginger then it develops into a thick lush sexy vanilla and amber which stays with you for a few hours. I would call Noir pour Femme a gourmand chic it is simply divine!sillage and longevity. both excellent it will be perfect for autumn and winter I even love the box it comes in!

lulu169
lulu169

just got a sample, even its not available in the stores yet..at the first sniff I fell in love due to the nice blend of smoky vanila and intense incense as I love incense which takes out the too girly sweetness of vanila....but: after a few minutes this smokiness disappears and my skin was left with a plain, somewhat cold, boring vanila pudding without any depth or development, not worth the name of Tom Ford. I dislike the bottle, too, not very feminine. I pass on this.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Noir pour Femme is an enveloping, sweet-spicy oriental. When this wafts off my skin, I get a mixture of Hermes Ambre Narguile and Givenchy Organza Indecence. This is a very sweet, creamy, and decadent amber fragrance. I get lots of delicious vanilla, honey and warm spices, on a resinous base. There is a whiff of incense on first application, but the fragrance quickly develops into a smooth and comforting gourmand-oriental.

Noir pour Femme and Velvet Orchid occupy a similar category in my mind, as I think they're both easier to wear and enjoy than most of Tom Ford's fragrances. Both have a much more intense sweetness than say, Black Orchid, and come across as far less unisex and earthy. I don't think Noir pour Femme is quite as complex and layered as some of Tom Ford's other offerings, but that doesn't detract from the fragrance for me.

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

This is completely delicious. Opens up with a sweet spiciness that reminds me a bit of Ambre Narguile/Dolcelisir- cinnamon apple pie and flowers. Quickly settles down into a deep, creamy, rich vanilla. Dark and intense yet still remaining extremely feminine and refined. It is SO good, I seriously am going to gnaw my arm off where I sprayed it... I wanted to wait a while until prices dropped a little before buying this, but I really don't think I'm going to be able to hold out much longer.

Sillage moderate, average longevity. Probably the best opening notes on a new release I've smelled in a long time-- certainly one of the only ones to make me sit up in my chair and take notice. My highest recommendation.

muskymoi
muskymoi

Chocolate, ginger, and flowers. best first 15 minutes of any top notes I've smelled in a year. Settles into a delicious vanilla. It's lush and voluptuous. It's Mae West with dark hair. It's a love bite from Tom, that handsome minx.

fashionista
fashionista

Lush. Womanly. Intense. Noir pour femme is a perfume for a true perfume enthusiast. I say this because it is, like most Ford fragrances, complex and a bit moody. It might turn off those that like the mass market best sellers. It reminds me of another fragrance but I cannot remember the name. I'm thinking it's Estee Lauder Youth Dew Amber Nude? I do not detect any citrus in here at all. On my skin, Noir pour Femme is all sweet and amber. I'm almost in love with it but not yet.

Musky4
Musky4

I tend not to like Tom Ford fragrances. The ones I've tested up until now have all been too unisex for my taste. This all changed when I tried Noir Pour Femme...
I was very pleasantly surprised. This smells rich, sensual, woody, slightly sweet and very feminine. I imagine this being worn by a sophisticated, confident woman, rather than a girl. It smells expensive yet also warm and comforting. Every time I caught a whiff of this in my hair I inhaled deeply, it's very addictive! However, as others have pointed out, lasting power is not great. Despite its beauty, Noir Pour Femme is not a unique or groundbreaking fragrance and I'm not entirely convinced it's really worth the price tag.

antonpan
antonpan

I'm not a fan of the situation when a man is wearing perfume marketed for a woman, but Noir Pour Femme is the fragrance I feel comfortable in. It smells 80% similar to Noir Pour Homme Extreme but without a cheap "1 million" note of dirty leather. Thus, Noir Pour Femme is deeper and more "niche" variation of Noir Extreme.

To me Noir Pour Femme is a mix of TF Tobacco Vanille and TF Plum Japonais: ambery sweet, gingery sour with a prominent tobacco note on my skin (though it is not listed). Magnificent both for men and for women!

NicheMaster29

Hey I'm one that doesn't look at what gender the frag is marketed to, except some I mean of course they are for a woman, but for instance, this fragrance is totally unisex. I was smelling the majority of the TF private blend at sake fifth ave and the lady showing me them showed me this saying she was going to be wearing it this fall. I was like wow, what a great smell. I will be picking up a bottle of this fall for sure. TF I think will regret this bc this could for sure pass as private blend at the designer price point!
Scent 9/10
Projection 8/10
Longevity 8/10

MoonSparrow

Here is a list of notes I found, as per Sephora:

Mandarin Oil, Bitter Orange Oil, Ginger Extract, Rose Absolute, Jasmine Accord, Orange Flower, Indian Kulfi Accord, Vanilla Madagascar, Amber, Australian Sandalwood, Lentisque Resinoid

My apologies to Tom Ford for accusing him of pretentiousness because of my erroneous assumption that he deliberately kept the notes undisclosed.

So I was right in my original review in claiming that I smelled some rose in this. The ginger extract gives it the soft spice while Indian Kulfi accord (a frozen dessert made with cream, rose, mango, cardamom, saffron and pistachio) lends it that exotic, creamy character that sets it apart from louder, spicier florientals such as Opium. The pistachio in particular is what I think makes it unique. I should have known Orange Flower was here too and I think I didn't recognize it at first because most other fragrances I've tried that have this note smell sour to me. TF Noir Pour Femme is nowhere near sour!

I honestly don't get much of the sandalwood, but that may be because combined with the other notes of amber and vanilla Madagascar it becomes like oud to me. I don't know much about lentisque so won't go on about it, except to say that according to information available on the internet it has a licorice flavor, but I don't know how that translates to fragrance.

I really love this fragrance more each time I wear it; it's completely out of my usual comfort zone but something about it is compelling. Saving for a full bottle now!

Whit
Whit

This was a blind buy before the note listing was ever put up. When I got it and then I looked at the note listing, I was kinda shocked. No tobacco?? That's what I get on my skin, especially upon first application. I ordered it directly from Tom Ford too. Not that I'm complaining; I like that I get a tobacco vibe from the conglomeration of notes. As it settles, I get more of the vanilla and sandalwood and maybe just a slight hint of sweetness. The longevity is good and sticks to your clothes, but it's not a sillage bomb at all. That's really my only complaint; I wish it were just a little more potent. Other than that, it's really nice; smooth, creamy and a little spicy as others have mentioned.

Germany

sweet creamy vanilla with a hint of Kufi ,ginger and sandalwood . The rose is defintly noticeable , keeping this fragrance sort of fresh and feminine , People compare it to the men's version, the extreme , but it doesn't smell like it. Well it does but it's much more feminine. The men's is a definite masculine smell and I don't mind masculine smelling scents but it's a little too cologne like for me .
Pour Femme is sexy and delicious , it's very TF but it also brings back memories of YSL nu
Update ,
I smell amber and ginger in the beginning but no tobacco at all , the pistachio makes this very unique and different from other Tom fords in my opinion.
This is now available at Sephora and at Holt Renfrew as well. It turns nice and soft and sweet after the initial leather / amber vibe has sort of disappeared.

Assertive , strong minded and wild on a woman !

Update ,becoming my favourite scent. So delicious , gourmand and feminine , and in my opinion not for a man at all. I would grab the men's version if I was a guy because this is definitely for the ladies ,,,, it's nutty and even has a coconut marzipan vibe , which I guess is the pistachio smell with the vanilla and amber , mm just amazing !

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Do you take us for fools Mr. Ford? It's a joke really how Identical this is to the men's version. Ok I will give there was a slight difference that difference being it was very heady with Sandalwood which made it actually smell more masc to me at first, && bout wanted to scrub it off when I sprayed it on; It smelled so woodsy at first it fainted familiarity with those wood chips you would use to line an animal cage with...However the more it dried down the Kulfi && Vanilla did emerge && smelled just like the men's && I ended up liking it better. && although I'm a gender bender with scents usually, have to say I enjoy the mens's version way better && it honestly I feel that's unisex enough && IMO the women's version just wasn't needed..ijs. Overall I didn't hate this I did have to let it develop more to enjoy it. Longevity was fair but the Sillage was great; In the end though I just find the men's more appealing.

Nice, but yes longevity is poor...it is a typical Tom Ford, a bit smokey, but overall quite wearable, and more feminine than his other creations..in truth, a mehh scent for me...nothing worth the high price tag in my opinion..not so Noir either...dont find it sweet either!?
I will wear my sample, but wont buy it, it just isnt anything great or special enough...smelled tonns like it .On my wrist I can hardly smell it after 20 mn..not so good...just not too impressed with it, although it certainly smells nice.

matty64

Smells nice, longevity sucks.

MoonSparrow

I did not believe I was going to like this one at first; it is heady, strong and I feared it might venture too far into syrupy sweet territory for me. This was the impression I received just from sniffing the sample vial given to me by the ladies at Neiman Marcus's Tom Ford counter when I purchased Champaca Absolute today. But I sprayed a small bit on my arm after I got home and NOW it has turned all lovely, an hour later. Reminds me very much of the amalgamation of scents that waft through a Renaissance Festival; a bit of smoky incense and perfume oils. I swear I smell a hint of jammy rose, but just a hint. It is definitely balsamic and I do believe I smell some cinnamon and cloves ala Opium, but this is much smoother and more likeable to me than Opium (which I hate). There could be oud as well which puts me off some but it dries down so soft and velvety that I can forgive that. It also reminds me of Shanghai Lily, which reminds me of Opium. But I like it much better than either of those. (Perhaps one day Mr. Ford will see fit to list the actual notes for this; I find it somewhat pretentious not to do so.)

Ultimately it is too sweet for me (though not powdery on my skin) and I don't need a full bottle. But I will enjoy my samples while they last!

Edit: I am back to report that this did actually turn to powder in the far dry down. And I am liking it more and more. Rather than noir though, I would say it is more shadowy if that makes sense at all; like sitting in an unlit room at dusk, waiting for a lover.

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

I quite like this one. It's very similar to the men's Noir Extreme, but definitely a bit more feminine and powdery. I find Tom Ford's Private Blend scents to be strong and unique, but I find this to be very wearable and quite delightful. It's sexy and grown up, but not trashy.

Tinkerbell13
Tinkerbell13

Loved this on first whiff. A little smoky and chocolatey but soft at the same time, but then the dry down turned to baby powder on my skin, which isn't my thing. Became a bit sickly after while. I'll stick to my beautiful, defined and multi faceted, Tobacco Vanille or Black Orchid.

brandonmont
brandonmont

Smelled this and the new Noir Extreme back to back. Both smell awesome. And in all honesty both could be unisex. I think I prefer the Pour Femme one.

Blackmoonlilith
Blackmoonlilith

Smooth, creamy, smokey. More spicy and sensuous than sweet. Love it. However, the longevity and sillage are poor... :-( I wish it would stay longer and was a bit heavier!!!

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

the notes are so sweet, creamy, vanilla, white florals, pistachio sweets.. so why's it called NOIR? :P

dannysmom

Here are the notes, as listed on the Nordstrom website:

Top: mandarin, bitter orange, ginger
Middle: jasmine, orange blossom, rose, pistachio ice cream
Base: sandalwood, lentisk, amber, vanilla

This is now available at Nordstrom (and probably other department stores).

CDGfan
CDGfan

Bottle looks interesting, the model looks like
a crack whore.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Rosa, gelsomino e fiori d'arancio addolciti e riscaldati da una soffusa vaniglia, languidamente fumosi. Vive note agrumate iniziali che si dissolvono rapidamente e lasciano il posto ad una rosa dark, notturna.
Un fiorito caldo, gradevole, un po' La Nuit Tresor Lancome, un po' Coco Noir Chanel.
Evoluzione decisamente dolce.
Non originalissimo ma promosso.
Purtroppo poco longevo, già dopo la prima ora si trasforma in elegante skinscent.

dannysmom

I have been loving Noir extreme lately. Spicy, and yet creamy. Today, I received my bottle of Noir pour femme and they definitely share many of the same notes (nutmeg, vanilla, etc). Spice and cream.. Only, I actually like pour femme more because it seems a little smoother. Pour femme also has a few more floral notes and possibly plum (???), and actually reminds me a bit of Noir de Noir too. If anyone is interested in knowing how this one kind of smells, go down to your local Sephora or Nordstroms and give extreme a big whiff. If you like that one, you'll most likely enjoy this one too.

All that said, I could not be happier. It's perfect!! I'm going to say that this one could be unisex, just like I think extreme is (have not smelled regular noir). I sprayed it twice on myself, and my husband could easily detect me from a few feet away. Just delicious, and I'm so happy I blind-bought it.

jonr951
jonr951

I picked up a bottle from eBay. It's definitely nothing new, nothing WOW and super in-your-face like Black Orchid, but boy is Noir delicious! Smoky, sweet, and spicy! There's something nutty in it, but I can't quite put my finger on it. From how I remember Noir Homme, Femme is definitely its counterpart. Same olfactory family for sure. You fragrantica peeps will easily, and immediately, recognize it as something else, without a doubt. I just can't put my finger on it. My mom swears it's powdery. It's really nice, but must be tested more. : )

KillerBee6666
KillerBee6666

I got it today. I'm not an expert as many of you here so I'll just say - To me this one is a mixture of Sahara Noir, Cafe Rose and Tuscan Leather. Don't like it at all. Silage is fair. Disappointed.
P.S. On a second thought and after I've let it dry - it ain't that bad. Nothing can beat the first impression Black Orchid had on me the first time I've smelled it tho! I don't know why his fragrances after that are not very long lasting on me. They disappear in a few hours.

greydove
greydove

First impressions: This is a very nice and smooth blend in which the overall effect ultimately reminds me of Nirvana in black. Starts with some creamy white florals I think I smelled gardenia, maybe orange blossom, and gets quite musky, soapy and clean smelling reminding me of the new Narciso in the white cube, before descending into a smooth, fuzzy oud note. Its very clean throughout. I thought I detected peach and ylang at one point, maybe some suede or light leather at the end. Its well blended and smells right on trend. Nothing groundbreaking or too surprising here, but I wasn't expecting that from this line. I like it!

aliyadiva
aliyadiva

That model always freaks me out and puts me off of products. I guess I have to stick with his older stuff. this seems creepy and full of gimicks.

@matty64
All good buddy.
I appreciate your clarification. I guess I am disappointed at the level of personal attacks on this site that I jumped to a false conclusion regarding your comment. No hard feelings :)
The reason I chose not to mention any notes regarding this fragrance in my previous comments was out of respect for it's creator, who has chosen not to disclose them as yet. All good things come to those who wait I guess :)

matty64

Hey Jack, I was speaking metaphorically. When one person out of thousands who read and rely on these posted reviews claims they have smelled an unreleased perfume and doesn't even mention one note. Then, I'm very suspicious of that potentially misleading claim. That's all it is. Sorry, if you thought I was calling you vermin.

@matty64
Why did you feel the need to imply I was a rat?
Seems rather unnecessary, when all I am doing is sharing my excitment about this fragrance.

Jack_Lumber

My sources I sadly cannot reveal...however, rest assured ladies and gentlemen this is the Tom Ford Signature fragrance you have all been waiting for :)

matty64

Hey Jack, if you don't mind me asking...where did you get your preview whiff from? I'm just curious by nature, I think I'm part kitty cat.

Jack_Lumber

This really is very separate from Noir for Men.
The only shared qualities would be it's smooth and creamy dry-down, and the fact it falls into the Oriental genre. Even then, it is a totally different take on the theme. It is stunning!!! :)

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

Well to all the women and men who are "Noir for men" fans I do not think this Noir Pour Femme really has anything to do with Noir for Men.. It looks like this was really meant to be a female counterpart to Noir for Men Extreme which as we know is a very different scent than the original Noir.. But than again I may be wrong..

Jack_Lumber

I was lucky enough to have a preview whiff of this new masterpiece from Tom Ford...
Opulent. Sensuous. Addictive.
It is deliciously smooth and creamy.
At one point I felt as though I was enveloped in a cloud of delicate and fluffy warm french pastries :)
Never too sweet, and forever walking the line of unisex, this new offering will most certainly delight.