Designers » T-Z » Woody Aquatic « Groups

dislike

marine
salty
oud

Oud Minérale by Tom Ford is a Woody Aquatic fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Oud Minérale was launched in 2017. The fragrance features sea salt, sea notes, agarwood (oud), pink pepper, styrax and seaweed.

Sea Salt Sea Notes Agarwood (Oud) Pink Pepper Styrax Seaweed

Oud Minérale Fragrance Reviews

james.c..williams.iii
james.c..williams.iii

I was fortunate enough to get my nose on this already. I agree 100 % with remik (earlier poster). I couldn't put it in to words any better.

TFordandCreed

I was lucky enough to get a quick whiff of this. It is very oceanic. I smelled it on a test strip so I can't go into detail. I can't wait to give this a fair chance.

HerrKirsch
HerrKirsch

@LaVieEnParfum So which fragrance is 'Oud Minérale' a copy of?

Kenzoh25
Kenzoh25

Oud Minérale is fantastic new addition to Private Blend collection of frgarances. Upon wearing it for couple of times I can appreciate this beauty of a scent more with each single wearing. This is not a conventional take on oud but very unusual one. Its salty, marine~like feel to it with some styrax makes it quite wearable year round, whereas oud and pepper remains on the background giving this composition depth and refined complexity. Its very mineral as the name applies but also done to perfection that lasts and projects perfectly on my skin. Highly recommended

TRAPSTER
TRAPSTER

I just Wrapped my nose around this and I must say it's very early in my wearing to give it a full tailored review.

Two fragrances come to mind upon initial application.....Amouage jubilation and Heeley Sel Marin....i most certainly see both in this concoction

I get salty, seaweed, oak moss with agarwood and myrrh, and you know what?................ it's splendid.

I appreciate Fragrantica and use it on a daily basis for references and even to compare notes.
Kind of new to adding input here or sharing info, been around the fragrance craze since I can remember using my nose.

remik
remik

No similarity to Oud Wood whatsoever, for those who are expecting a follow-up (or a flanker) to that fragrance.

Oud Minérale has a very oceanic feel to it (not to be confused with "aquatic"). It's a sort of salty, spicy, peppery, seaweed-y, and almost metallic scent. In a way, it slightly reminds me of James Heeley's Sel Marin - if you know that one, Oud Minérale will feel strangely familiar. I don't get much oud in this one - oud plays a very distant role somewhere in the background, and it's more of a polished, clean, transparent oud, not the strong aromatic kind (or the velvety clean and smooth like in Oud Wood). The oceanic vibe is definitely there, front and center. Up-close, if you sniff Oud Minérale on your arm, it has more of that mineral feel to it, as if you were sniffing crushed up quartz and other mineral-rich rocks, on a scorching hot day, baking in the sun all day. That juxtaposition of oceanic, salty/spicy feel, vs crushed hot mineral rocks, is what this fragrance is all about. Not so much about oud. If you like the scent of cold salty ocean-side pier repeatedly sprayed with sea water - I think you'll like it.

Completely devoid of sweetness. It's arid, like salty-dry air near the ocean on low-humidity day, and rather chilling and cold. Very loud and strong, and lasts well over 12 hours on skin - beastly performer! Even when you think the top has settled down and it's not as loud, it comes back to you over and over again, for many hours, and people around you will definitely notice this one many hours after application. I've been told, after 4-5 hours of spraying it on, that it's very strong (I could definitely smell it myself, but it didn't "feel" that strong to me, after being subjected to it for a few hours already). But thankfully it's not cloying.

After wearing Oud Minérale, I'm pondering what the next release, Oud Ocean, will be like. Even more "oceanic"?? Hard to imagine, after this. Oud Minérale is on one hand not what I expected (that strong "Sel Marin" déjà vu), but on the other hand - it is pretty true to its name - the mineral portion definitely comes through strongly, especially if you sniff the sprayed area up-close, just don't expect a whole lot of oud.

Gumbinator
Gumbinator

This could be either a huge success, or a huge fail. Both this and Oud Ocean sound very interesting! This is something I have never heard of. I'm glad Tom Ford is taking a stab at something new, rather than fortify previous releases and add notes you can't even smell. Nevermind the longevity issues those re-releases seem to have. July is right around the corner.

This will be top on my to smell list.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Oud Minérale fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tom Ford Oud Minérale, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Oud Minérale by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Oud Minérale by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.