Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

coconut
yellow floral
tuberose
Soleil Blanc Tom Ford for women and men Pictures Soleil Blanc Tom Ford for women and men Pictures Soleil Blanc Tom Ford for women and men Pictures

Tom Ford Soleil Blanc is unexpected, sultry and addictive solar floral scent. It evokes emote private islands where summer lasts all year. Tom Ford’s latest private blend creation unapologetically exudes the endless pursuit of sun and luxury that defines Tom Ford Soleil.

The top note of the unisex fragrance combines spicy notes of cardamom and pink pepper with a hint of pistachio and bergamot. Flowery sensuality of ylang ylang, Egyptian jasmine and tuberose are placed in the heart of the fragrance for carnal intensity. Benzoin a herbal substance contained in oil of bitter almonds, amber, tonka bean and coconut milk form the luxurious base.

Available as 50, 100 and 250 ml Eau de Parfum. Soleil Blanc was launched in 2016. The nose behind this fragrance is Nathalie Gracia-Cetto.

Bergamot Cardamom Pink Pepper Pistachio

Sand & Sable

Soleil Blanc Fragrance Reviews

greenpepper
greenpepper

Warm, creamy, humid combo of coconut (thick sunscreen style) and yellow florals that seems designed to evoke a crowded beach on a hot day - with sunscreen , sweat, ice cream and tropical florals being the main elements to me.

It's thick, and lavish, and uber rich like a decadent dessert, as are most of the private blends.

I really liked (loved even) my first sniff of it, but after wearing it for a couple of hours, I realized its not something I will be buying. Too warm and gooey for me, is maybe the best way I can put it.

It's done quite well though , for what it is, and it will make some folks pretty happy. Performance was good, similar to Venetian Bergamot ( SB a little stronger) , which this has a bit of the same DNA as.

This is at the opposite end of the spectrum from something like Virgin Island Water: two very different beaches -

RubyBirdy
RubyBirdy

This is one of the perfumes which I file away in the category of, "Nice, But Not for That Price." Soleil Blanc is a fun, pleasant sunscreen-style fragrance, a creamy coconut-floral with good longevity that just screams summertime. It's straightforward and not the most cerebral fragrance, but sometimes that's nice. For $60, I would buy this. For $200+? Oh, no no no. Too simple to demand that amount of money. You have to be joking.

Daria_21
Daria_21

Mmmmm, this is a Tom Ford I can, and have, fallen in love with.

I first received a sample of Soleil Blanc at Nordstrom, and because I haven't really loved any Tom Ford I've smelled so far, I put it in my sample drawer and forgot about it.

Here in Ontario, Canada, we've had a lot of rainy, gloomy weather, and after my shower yesterday I was totally not in the mood for my usual heavy gourmands. I rooted through my samples for something new and uplifting, and came across Soleil Blanc.

Full stop, this is an absolutely sensational, uplifting, super sunny, tropical beach vacation in a bottle, and it affected me so much that I immediately ordered the 50 ml from Sephora (also taking advantage of the last day of 3x the points!) The price tag made me cringe, but I don't have anything like this at all in my collection, and I've really been trying to get away from gourmands, so I pulled the trigger.

If I close my eyes, I'm instantly transported to beautiful memories of tropical island vacations I've taken with my husband. Warm, breezy air, rich suntan lotion caressed skin, with a sweet, creamy, dreamy island cocktail in each hand. My hair is salty and windswept from the ocean, my skin is hot and golden, and at that moment, I am worry free. This is exactly what this fragrance evokes, and I couldn't be happier I pulled out that sample.

I see many of you say this has zero longevity or projection. I must respectfully disagree with the longevity part at least, as this juice is incredibly long lasting on my skin alone. Projection is moderate on me, and while I normally prefer strong fragrances that I can tone down if I choose, I like that this one doesn't punch you in the face. I don't think I'd want to be a cloying cloud in the summer, anyways.

Is it worth the hefty price tag? That is entirely up to you to decide. For me it was, as it's very unique in my collection and really affected my mood and emotional state in an instant. My husband also voluntarily commented that he really loved this one, and this is key here because he never comments unless I pretty much force him to. He agreed that it smelled like a tropical island vacation, and he asked me to wear it more often. Fine, if I must!! :)

I must say, however, that I don't see this as a unisex fragrance whatsoever. This is incredibly feminine, and unapologetically so.

If you're missing a sunny fragrance like this in your collection, I highly recommend you at least get a sample of this, and I personally promise you will be instantly transported to beautiful thoughts or memories past.

EDIT:

After wearing this for a few days, it unfortunately started to make me sick and give me a headache, which no fragrance has ever done before. My stomach would turn as soon as I smelled it, even from the bottle, and it was quite off putting to me. I returned it to Sephora. So sad, after my glowing review above. Not sure what happened with this one :(

Cerulean
Cerulean

★★★★

It smells like a luxurious resort lotion, which I really like, since it surpasses Bobbi Brown Beach in terms of quality, sillage and longevity.

Both the EDP and body spray versions are interesting, the EDP version has more depth and is more creamy, while I found the body spray to be more ethereal and fresh but the longevity is really short, it makes sense though since it is meant to be a toner on top of the actual EDP. I found the body oil kind of unnecessary since the EDP in combination with the body spray will do the trick.

Honestly though, it is very expensive in both concentrations and while I identify the quality, one can get the same effect with either Heeley's Coccobello or Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess with less money.
All in all, more interesting and luxurious than the other summer offerings from the same line, still nothing new or groundbreaking, just a summer resort white floral cream type of scent.

Don't get me wrong, I love the scent, just not the price for it.

GeorgiaMoxie
GeorgiaMoxie

Initially the bergamot is very strong and I didn't like it at first. Thankfully it settles down pretty quickly.

Once the heart opens I get a lot of amber...kind of reminding me of beach sand. The overall vibe is definitely all things summer. Coconut, bergamot, ylang, a hint of sweat, tropical flowers.

I agree with what the reviewers said when they say it's similar to other summer fragrances but better quality and longer lasting. It's not millennial sweet, it's just the coconut I was looking for.

PS- I don't think this smells like Virgin Island Water either

Jmiami89
Jmiami89

All I get is play dough out of this sadly :/ smells nothing like virgin island water!

tiredstarlings
tiredstarlings

I want to start by saying that I don't have extremely sophisticated olfactory senses when it comes to perfume. Food, yes. Perfume, not so much.

Anyway, I tried this because I love Bronze Goddess and they were rated as similar.

I'm a big fan of coconut. I don't get a ton of coconut here. This mostly reads floral on me. I'm not great at discerning floral notes, but to me this smells like honeysuckle.

It's a delicate, sweet, light floral fragrance. It's not working for me at the moment, but I'm hoping in a month it'll be a better fit. It's very elegant and clean and I could see it working for me if I was thinner, tanner, and lived in a warmer, slightly less humid climate.

MargotHarow
MargotHarow

Amazing. Coconut the way it is supposed to be. Very tropical, but not sweet sugary millennial-gen coconut. This is a straight up, tropical vacation, true coconut scent, with palm, ylang ylang and other gorgeous ingredients that compliment the beauty of what real coconut scent should be. It is flowery, tropical, heavenly yet not sweet or cloying. Incredible work. Builds and changes. Multidimensional. Cannot stop smelling my wrist when I wear it. This is heaven.

eccleston
eccleston

I ordered a 1ml decant vial of Soleil Blanc for $4.49 from "perfumed court". I received it only half full with something that smelled of watered down orange juice. No opening middle or dry down Zero silage and lasted less than half hour. Buy from them at your own risk!!

drdimitrispiliotis
drdimitrispiliotis

The best way to describe it is like a soft white milky cloud pierced by the rays of a summerry sun.

Warm but not hot; close to the skin but airy.

Although TF private blend are made by different perfume designers they all have a clear thread of quality and integrity. It is surprising to see the other smells designed by the same person and how far away are in terms of the quality, tenderness and brilliance of this milky, sunny luxurious smell. Summer in a bottle

vinyl_junky
vinyl_junky

I got this by mistake when the sales assistant at the airport Duty Free packed it instead of the Neroli Portofino I actually wanted. I was rushing for a flight and didn't check the bottle, and landed up with an expensive mistake.

It opens with creamy, floral (I get a hint of jasmine, but mainly ylang ylang), coconutty notes which are interesting at first, but quickly become overwhelmingly syrupy sweet. It does settle into a nice floral-coconut scent eventually, which is pleasant, but the sickeningly sweet open is not my cup of tea. You do get bang for your buck, however - this lasted a good 10 hours on me and has decent sillage.

This is advertised as a unisex product, but definitely leans more towards the feminine side. On the bright side, my girlfriend loves using it, so not all is lost. And she bought me the Neroli Portofino as a Christmas gift, so I ended up getting what I wanted in the end!

ColdDiss
ColdDiss

It's pretty, sheer and creamy at the same time. It resembles mass-market coconut-vanilla-tuberose beachy shampoo/sunscreen smells, but made with undeniably more luxurious ingredients. If you are looking to spend a bunch of money to smell slightly better than sunscreen, I see no reason not to buy this.

MaiCecile
MaiCecile

I'm obsessed. This is creamy, floral, coconut heaven. It's a must for those who love tropical and suntan lotion scents. I have to say that though I loved those scents in my early and mid 20s, I am no longer always a fan of that category. But Tom Ford does this so well that I can't stop smelling my skin where I sprayed the sample that the lovely Sephora staff gave me.

Right off the bat, I get milky coconut-monoi. There is a hint of pistachio that sets it apart from the usual tuberose-coconut crowd.

That impression doesn't fade so much as it is joined by the amber, almond and tonka bean. Those deeper notes give it a characteristic Tom Ford depth, but keep it sweet and light enough that an airy, fresh floral lover like me feels comfortable wearing it.

The suggestion of salt air is there throughout, but it doesn't hit you over the head like Bobbi Brown Beach. There is a subtlety that I appreciate.

It's perfect for both a sexy summer night out, or a mid-winter pick-me-up (which I desperately need right now).

henri345que
henri345que

In my current perception, luxury perfumery and even more the aspirational one (that is, very expensive), depends essentially on appearance instead of essence and uses a slightly better formulation to justify its price. Tom Ford is a good example in this regard, since many of his perfumes can be easily copied into smaller budgets without losing the shape or legibility of their scents. Others, like Soleil Blanc, seem directly inspired and formulated from more massified products.

It's hard not to think of a suntan lotion or a commercial scents that evoke the beach environment by sniffing Soleil Blanc, which is classified as a floral scent inspired by beaches and summer. And that's where Soleil Blanc goes from beginning to end.

On hot days, there is something in the opening that reminds a lot of old scents, somethinge oily floral and a little powdery. On milder days, however, this oily, half-bitter floral aura is more balanced with the fresh, sparkling citrus aspect of the first moments. The flowers are very abstract in the heart, retaining the floral aspect of some suntan lotions. Finally, the perfume goes to a more sophisticated base, with nuances of resins, a slight subtle gourmand touch and plenty of musk.

The greater care with the elements of the base and the evolution even pass a luxurious feeling, but nothing that justifies 225 dollars in a bottle of 50ml. It lacks richness in the formula, something that makes it difficult to be copied and that would justify its price.

D-Bo
D-Bo

Ok, so this reminds me of a subdued Carnal Flower by Frederic Malle. Anyone else get that vibe? The notes are very similar. Carnal flower is definitely dirtier and significantly animalic. If I were going to wear carnal flower at night, I'd wear this during the day.

Fluffyandpuffy
Fluffyandpuffy

Starts out nice enough, then to my shock becomes the exact smell of play dough, no kidding! Anyone else get that? I'll pass on this one.

EstherR
EstherR

the best perfume

jayssen
jayssen

This reminds me a little of Creed's Virgin Island Water - however it is a little more restrained. The coconut and lime are only hinted at. The wonderful pairing of Tuberose and Tonka add their classic floral creaminess. There is an undeniable sun screen element to the scent, but that is a part of its charm. It is not an overtly strong perfume, and sillage is moderate at best, however, having gone through two 5ml samples, I find myself wanting a big 100ml bottle.

YElektra
YElektra

The smell of this somehow reminds me of very expensive sun screen. It's not unpleasant, but I would find it has very limited use for me. It would be too heavy on a very hot day and sunny day as ot has no freshness to it, so I could only see myself wearing this on the milder summer days. I personally couldn't justify the price for it.

gvalentinotti
gvalentinotti

I love summer and it is true that this fragrance evoques hot sun, warm skin, summer body lotion, after sun and all the rest
I adore amber and on my skin is quite tangible.
To me coconut is not so dominant, I appreciate the perfect mix of flowers and fruits.
No unisex at all. Just for women. Longevity is normal.
It is amazing for summer nights aand days

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Ouch! This is a waste of time and money, I am afraid!

Smells like a toasted white chalk wall somewhere in Greece or any Mediterranean country where the sun heats up the stone in 45 degrees August heat.

A gentle marine breeze bashes the low hanging branches of the Pistaccio tree, bending heavy from the massive crop, against the very wall, so that the ripest fruits fall and burst open.

On the other side of the same wall there is an open shower facility of a Club Med village. A guest is just washing themselves with a Body Shop coconut soap.

That's it!

Spend your money on a good quality sun lotion instead, folks!

AMOUAGE/ Sunshine (male/ female) is a better investment in your sunny perfume wardrobe.

1/10. Not worth a buy.

otterfaces
otterfaces

I bought a 5ml decant of this because it was cheaper on ebay than a 1ml Bronze Goddess sample. I ended up just testing BG at the Estee counter, and I have to say, while they are kinda similar, I don't see what people mean about them being identical. BG is much sweeter, has much softer sillage... Soleil Blanc smells like really fancy suncream, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I smell the white florals much more prominently in this one. However, I did not find it impressive enough to justify the price tag- but I did buy a full size bottle of BG, take that however you like.

smokvica

Am I the only one who doesn't find this similar to Bronze Goddess? At all.

Tried it real fast and found it sunny and citrusy and also quite unisex too !!
I don't know if I would ever buy it really as I am not fan of citrus scents and despite all the notes it is in a way a summery friendly perfume
Nice but for the price not worthy to me

jlfears
jlfears

The opening is YSL Cinema edp, kids ~ to a T: far from beachy.

The middle period is an odd one: a "perfume-y" take on beachy.

The drydown is dreamy, creamy, ambery, and somehow still a little beachy.

I actually love this one, but it's not what I would ever reach for when I'm in the mood for sunshine-filled, cheerful or beachy scents.

Sillage is enormous for an hour, but that's it.

Longevity is *amazing* and my skin usually eats perfume and spits it into the wind.

I'll update when I wear this again.

Lightning

Amazing opening + average drydown + very high price = no buy.

Smellicious0000
Smellicious0000

This is not for me as it's far too coconutty. If ever I want to smell like a coconut I will pop along to The Body Shop and pick some of their Coconut products and Coconut Eau de Toilette for a fraction of the TF price tag. I don't want to smell like a coconut - ever.

A fascinating fragrance for Tom ford to add to their repertoire and not really what I was expecting at all. I thought it would be much more floral and it is to an extent in the opening but Soleil blanc is a really balanced affair not cloying or announcing itself obnoxiously but gently humming away. Please don't think for a minute that I mean this is 'weak' because it isn't and the staying power is extremely good...like 24h good.
The opening is a translucent mixture of exotic floral and powdery vanilla like notes with even some of that pistachio in there which seems to be a favourite of TF's recently. It's a gourmand affair with coconut and a definite seaside vibe but never tipping over into an outright suntan lotion.
Okay so I really like Soleil blanc then, and it's strange because I thought the opening was a little feminine for my tastes but then it seemed to charm me and win me over in the gloriously long and enjoyable drydown. The SA did say to me she wore it on holiday and was forever getting complimented even after many hours of wearing and I can believe it.
I've smelled almost similar scents before but few with the quality of this one, I'm a fan.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Oh dear, this is awful. Starts off with a creamy tuberose and jasmine accord, but soon disintegrates into an insipid coconut shampoo smell with vague, airy white florals. There is an unpleasant ozonic quality in the background that makes it smell cheap and synthetic, even slightly abrasive. Ultimately it has none of the richness or substance that I have come to expect from the Private Blend line. It's so similar to dozens of low-end celebrity perfumes that the monstrous retail price is wholly unjustified.

Big thumbs down.

smokvica

I really wanted to like it. And first time I tried it, I did like Soleil Blanc. It was gentle coconut. Real summer perfume.
But then for the second testing something changed. I sprayed it on the card and it was pure clean smell. On my hand it had that same clean smell that developed into barely noticable coconut. For the second time I also noticed a prominent tuberose. It instantly reminded me of cremier version of Madonna Truth.
All in all, not a bad perfume, simply not good enough. Especially for its price.
P.S. After few tests it went to my wish list. I just wish it wasn't so expensive for what it is - pleasant summery fragrance. Nothing less, nothing more.

rooa
rooa

A milky tuberose with a hint of pistachio and coconut. This was supposed to give a sunny/summery vibe but the notes are not compatible.

fnzeee
fnzeee

The aroma is a pleasing creamy coconut, but the projection is not there...a skin scent at best.

joe.bond
joe.bond

I own a few Tom Ford's and i was look for a new one for the summer to go with my Neroli Portofino. The rep at SAKS suggested this. I love the smell when i sprayed the tester on my wrist. I did some shopping in the mall and returned to Saks got me a bottle.... Let me just say that this worst preforming fragrance that i own. I should have gotten TF Costa Azzurra or something from another line. I love the scent.. the coconut is done really well but this dies on me within a hour. Sillage is terrible unless your in bed with someone... Longevity is pretty decent if you spray enough but you better have a nice size decant to get you thru an 8 hour day lol. I will continue to use it because i paid for it and can't get a refund. It has been in the mid to upper 70's here where i live so maybe when it get warmer it will have better performance, but right now i can spray it on and in a hour to hour and a half i can walk into the room and my girlfriend can't even smell it unless i ask her to sniff my neck or wrists and she can barely detect it and because of this my next bottles will be from a different house. MY FIRST POST EVER
EDIT 6-7-16
after not using this for awhile i decided to revisit it the other day and i have to say that i was wrong in my original review.. This does last all day on me it doesnt project much after a hour or so but if someone is close to they will pick it up. I'm very glad that i picked this one up

batgirl.27
batgirl.27

This is a chameleon. It has literally smelt slightly different on me every time I've worn it. It even smells different on different body parts and from different angles! I smelt and left it in the department store initially but it nagged at me and when I got 10% voucher for John Lewis I took the plunge.

I'm still not sure if I made the right choice. This is not your typical Private Blend fragrance in that it sits very closely to the skin and whilst the longevity is good it really isn't "noticeable" after the drydown.

For me the initial blast is all Bergamot, with a noticeable foundation of spice behind it from the Cardamom/pepper. Nice but nothing mind-blowing. The spicy notes continue to progress as the Bergamot fades out. You then start hitting the floral heart of this but I can't detect the Jasmine at all. The Tuberose and Ylang are definitely present at this point and I think that it's the sweetspot for me. But I'm a total floozy for white flowers.

After an hour or so the coconut makes an entrance - it is definitely there but I think it's much more subtle than Bronze Goddess, I think this is truly more "solar" in tone than straight up tropical. After a few hours I can get a rich, but subtle, velvety amber and coconut blend. Cyrus Smith below states he gets a "nougat" vibe from the basenotes and I think this is pretty accurate.

So to sum up... I'm still not sure. It's fascinating but it's not true love. My heart still belongs to Jasmin Rouge but I think I will enjoy the roller-coaster that is Soleil Blanc this summer nonetheless.

AT

kanebanner
kanebanner

Lovely frag but very, very quiet and sits very close to skin, no projection at all. Such a shame, won't purchase because of this..Very nice though.

freddinos
freddinos

Disclaimer: I am a coconut and gourmand lover, an easy wearing type of perfume kind of girl ( wow, that truth hurt) and most of the unisex Tom Ford offerings I couldn't ever wear.

Now for the review: it is lovely. Coconutty, uncomplicated, sweet. I got no amber. Very feminine and summery, and a clone of Estée Lauder's Bronzed Goddess sans the strange vetiver note in the drydown of the latter that has always annoyed me (for reasons see disclaimer).
Straight to my wish list it goes. Didn't last particularly long by the way.

Martin94
Martin94

I tried this today, I eally liked it, it's creamy, nice and not heavy, but I am not sure if I can use it, I find it extremely feminine, I can't say exactly why, but this is maybe just too soft for men.

Michael1962
Michael1962

Smelled Soleil Blanc yesterday in David Jones a week prior to release date here in Australia.
Initially I pick up the creamy,slightly bitter tuberose note right off the bat and then those "solar notes".
Sort of like a sun baked on sunscreen(after you've been in the surf)coconut Reef Oil vibe going on.Linear as usual for a Tom Ford and gradually fades away after a few hours.
To be truthful I was expecting more from the latest Private Blend and felt somewhat underwhelmed.I cant get that day old sunscreen impression out of my mind.
Luckily projection and sillage are close on average as I couldn't wait for the smell to die away.
Totally agree with fragrantican Frankee,smells slightly off and artificial to me and much prefer the rich summer floral vibe from Venetian Bergamot.
Sorry Tom not this time I'm not pulling the trigger on this one.

Lys_S
Lys_S

Soleil Blanc was a lovely surprise to my senses. Typically, with floral fragrances that TF has released in the past (Lys Fume, Jasmin Rouge.. ect) they have been full bodied and very luxurious - when he brings out a femenine type fragrance, he exceeds expectations.
I've noticed a lot of people compare this release to Bronze Goddess, although I can see the similarities, in no way is it exactly the same. Soleil Blanc is a lot more smooth, creamy and floral. When I spray it on my skin I smell Tuberose, coconut, sandalwood, Tonka bean and/or vanilla.
The dry down is a lot more woody than the opening.
Quite a universal fragrance, in a way that you can wear it any time of the day and any season of the year.

Marissaluvsscents
Marissaluvsscents

First time I smelled it I passed it off, first time I wore it I didn't really like it, second time I wore it I loved it! I'm wearing my sample everyday and it is so good. I already own Bronze Goddess but this is different. Very sexy and almost "hot" to the skin. (Rather than a "warm" scent). The reason I think it IS worth the price: IT LASTS. Finally. A beach scent that's not fleeting. Yay! In my top 3 next purchases heehee :)

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

A very pretty, high quality fragrance. But it smells nearly identical to Bronze Goddess by Estee Lauder. Soleil Blanc is maybe a touch more floral, while Bronze Goddess is more coconutty, but they're still very, very similar. Also, Soleil Blanc is about 5 times the price of Bronze Goddess. If you want a tropical, coconut-floral fragrance, I think the choice is obvious.

missingpuzzle
missingpuzzle

I guess in this case 'solar notes' mean scent of your sunscreen oil. This is exactly what I get from this fragrance. Very sticky and too boring for niche.

Q.R. Crumm
Q.R. Crumm

This sounds quite nice, will have to try it. At risk of showing my ignorance, what's a "solar note"?

Has anyone ever gotten close enough to the sun to know what it smells like? I detect definite notes of "marketing pretension" with that one. Or should I say bullshit?

Edit:

Funnily enough, Solar notes seem to have now disappeared from the list.

lisa o
lisa o

I only sniffed the spraycap, but my impression is, if you're out for a splurge on tuberose then rather buy Carnal Flower.

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

From the white bottle, golden box, and pretension ("Solar Notes"), I expected to hate this one. It isn't a revolutionary or complex scent, but it wins me over with nostalgia. It smells like creamy coconut, monoï, amber, slight citrus, sunscreen, tanning oil, and cocoa butter. In a nutshell, it smells like carefree summer and all the joy, freedom, sunshine, beachiness and relaxation that summer implies.

It feels out of place with the other private blends and really should've been put in the signature collection in a beautiful bronze bottle. Definitely does smell like Bronze Goddess, but much longer lasting, more expensive and richer. Almost like a bastard child of Bronze Goddess and Carnal Flower.

mikenac
mikenac

Smells like some Hawaiian Tropic lotion I once had.

rosecat
rosecat

Very hot summer beachy vibe! This is a very Musky floral, think tanning lotion, beach, heat, sea salt and sweat on skin. Solar notes are prominant, creamy tropical floral melange, slight coconut barely there, but the musk just is so strong, very salty skin sweat scent, too strong for my liking and overrides the creaminess. It is an evocative scent for me, but not an everyday scent.

HUEbris
HUEbris

Just a banal creamy-anisic(and green) white flowers(especially tiare type) with coconut nuance... boring.

Das Huffer
Das Huffer

Total summer in a bottle! There is a definite "beachiness" to it, so perhaps I should say that it's summer leisure in a bottle.
I agree with Lightning's sentiment about us being given "solar notes" as an ingredient, and I'm definitely a bit annoyed that (other than amber) we're not given anything to go on.
I picked up lime up top, followed quickly by florals which both a friend of mine and I suspected jasmine to be a large component of. The creaminess which rises isn't suffocating or gourmand, it just kind of levels things off, and from that point onward that's all the evolution I saw. Not that I expect it to do gymnastics all the way through its life by any means. The stasis it reaches at this point is lovely enough in and of itself to carry it through.

MattChartier
MattChartier

I tried this yesterday at Nordstrom, and I laughed as I told the sales associate that it felt like an aspirational version of Coconut Lime Verbena from Bath & Body Works

Frankee
Frankee

i tried it at tom ford munich yesterday. what a disappointment. it's weak, it doesn't perform at all. the ingredients are cheap and somehow artificial and it's gone after 2 hours. all i like about it is the bottle.

venetian bergamot is the better soleil blanc. similar but much better ingredients.

no sir!

AliPratt25
AliPratt25

I just bought this and have only worn it a couple of times. It's yummy! I smell coconut or cocoa butter...even though those are not in the notes. Very expensive, fine, classy, boutique bought coconut/cocoa butter, mind you. I imagine a tan skinned, trust funded, wearing all white linen, shirt half way unbuttoned, lounging on a Saudi Prince's mega yacht in the Riviera type of socialite wearing this. Very Tom Ford-esque. I imagine a Kardashian smelling like this. I like it!

Lmuradian
Lmuradian

Scent: Expensive sun tan lotion that lasts 24 hours.

Lightning

Solar notes? Okay, niche pretentiousness has gone to an all time high.

This actually smells like coconut rum (kind of like Malibu) with a slightly powdery and musky touch. Kind of like Virgin Island Water but a little sharper, brighter, more citrusy and smells more like a cocktail. Unisex in my opinion

The opening smells amazing. The drydown is still on the good side of things. Amongst all the Tom Ford Private Blend fragrances I've tried, I'll say this is in the top 5 or 10.

antonpan
antonpan

This is a Dior Hypnotic Poison clone, a dry vanilla bomb with a strong tuberose dry down. But on a whole Soleil Blanc smells as one of the Hypnotic Poison's flanker.

cabinet
cabinet

I'm a huge fan of TF fragrances and got a sample of this in Nordstrom a few weeks back and it's been on the top of my mind since then. It's so smooth and creamy with excellent projection and longevity. It smells just like sun tan lotion — I understand how many could possibly dislike that, but I live for that coconut beachy-ness. I was going to buy the smaller size on the spot, but they had already sold out. I ended up picking up Bronze Goddess on sale ($24.99) and the two are really so similar, aside from the projection.

cdsabino
cdsabino

Notes: Bergamot, Cardamom, Pink Pepper, Pistachio, Coconut, Jasmine, Tuberose, Ylang Ylang, Tonka Bean, Benzoin, & Amber

appleorchard
appleorchard

I love this. Not even remotely similar to Bronze Goddess or Carnal Flower. Seriously, where are people getting carnal flower from? This is more focused on monoi, rum, and coconut. Perfectly unisex floral.

Maenad1
Maenad1

This does not smell floral to me. It smelled kind of promising at first, bright and sweet, a little bit citrus-y, but as it dried down it began to smell like coconut scented suntan lotion with a heavy undertone of plastic. I guess you could say it's "beachy" but to me it smells artificial; it's just not my thing.

snowtree
snowtree

This is literally Carnal Flower. I can't believe Estée Lauder would allow a brand they represent to mimic another brand they represent. I love Tom Ford and I adore Frederic Malle, but this is a little disappointing to see a fragrance duplicated. This is the same tuberose/coconut accord ever so slightly muted as compared to the masterful Dominique Ropion creation.

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

I got a sample of this and while I do not like the opening, the dry down is quite lovely. Very tropical and beachy without the suntan lotion note. BUT.....it is a MUCH more expensive Bronze Goddess. I adore Bronze Goddess and for the vast difference in the cost between the two (and I like the opening of BG)I'll stick with BG!

mruf1
mruf1

I just received a sample of this fragrance. It is rainy and cold here in suburban Philly, and this fragrance is a beautiful floral that brings summer to me and warms me up in the dregs of winter.Lovely!

mayberry
mayberry

To me this smells like milk and sugar with monoi flowers in it. The plastic dry-down is not my favorite; but I still think the fragrance works. It almost smells like a mix between creed's Virgin Island Water and Love in White.

Shimmersmom
Shimmersmom

I notice a lot of people making reference to coconut. There is no coconut note in this perfume. I think people tend to confuse Frangipane with coconut because they are so often paired together and there is definitely frangipane here. I love this perfume. For so long I've been trying to find a floral that combines with amber, without be amber dominant. This is perfect! I can't wait for the warmer weather so I can begin to wear it on a regular basis!

scentedrat
scentedrat

On me, this is just a repeat of Bronze Goddess, which I absolutely loved at first, then tired of as soon as I bought a bottle. Soleil Blanc was kind of okay at first, but after a little while it just smelled strong and artificial and I couldn't wait to scrub it off. I wouldn't want to try this in hot weather. I was hoping this would make me feel warm sun on my face, but it wasn't like that at all. It is dense and ambery, and aside from the whiff of coconut, it is nothing like summer to me.

walking44
walking44

I can't stop smelling my arm. This stuff is amazing! Like a luxurious suntan lotion with maybe a hint of banana. It's sweet but surprisingly, not as feminine as Venetian Bergamot. It also smells expensive. As it dries, the florals become dry and mentholated. I've never liked amber until I smelled it in this.

nordhaul
nordhaul

I have Bronze Goddess and now this.
It is the middle of a snowy DC winter.
This review is from owning the bottles,
not from because I have actually worn
either of them just yet. But smelling the
bottles, makes me feel of Spring ~ that
it's actually in the air ~ even though it's
not.
Peace

Antalia_fb
Antalia_fb

I loved this one in the store. I came to just check it out, and was blown away by the coconut note. I thought this would be awesome for summer, so my bf bought it for me right away. Now it's been few days of testing it. I don't really understand it well yet. I get coconut for sure, and it's very pleasing (love coconuts) and something sweet, I don't smell any amber, vanilla maybe, nougat as someone mentioned, and something creamy powdery. I wouldn't say it smells yummy or fruity, absolutely not. BUT it's definitely unlike anything Tom Ford has created so far in PB. I even wonder if this should be PB? Could just be like another velvet orchid, or violet blond... As far as projection and longevity, I have not noticed it performing well. I spray twice and in few min I forget about it. Then maybe I catch few notes of coconut, that's about it. Ah, need to test it more, I gotta LOVE it!

FeelingRisky
FeelingRisky

Received my bottle this weekend (Blind Buy)
Creamy, almost buttery (coconut must be doing this) amber and floral.
This is a beast. Projecting like crazy, still on well over 8 hrs - I'm in love.
Stopped twice today by people giving a compliment. One mentioned I smelled like Vanilla and Patchouli, the other said it just smelled wonderful.
It's warm, sweet and transporting.
I get heavy, syrupy vanilla, warm coconut and pistachio, a heavy amber in the drydown.
I can compare this to my other recent TF buy, Venetian Bergamot. It has that warm, buttery powerhouse performance that I just can't stop sniffing.
Not horribly creative, but you'd be missing out if you didn't give this a shot.
Great Stuff, TF.

UPDATE: after working late and passing out (didn't shower) as soon as I got home, I still smell this on my wrist in the morning 20 hours after applying. CRAZY!

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

The latest releases in the Private Blend collection could be call "variations on a floral theme". I got a sample yesterday when purchasing something else. I agree with Dreamhouse (the review just before) but Soleil Blanc does have some nice things to it despite the lack of originality.

It opens up with a bright creamy floral (a predominant jasmine note) and within a few minutes a lightly sweet mixture will tame down a little the floral opening. Salesperson told me there was pistachios in the mix, but what I smell is really similar to nougat (these white delicacies made of honey, nuts, pistachios & sugar). My association with white/blanc (color of the bottle & name) would be more about nougat than summer sun and/or floral notes. The blending of floral notes and this lightly sweet base then reminds me of Noir Extreme (men or women). Soleil Blanc really seems to be a compilation of some of the latest releases. As for amber, I couldn't detect anything close to it. The very end of the dry down is particularly nice with its sweeter nuance and lighter floral notes. You get a decent 6-7 hrs longevity, and projection is discreet. Because of the general floral aspect of it, this one would be perceive as more feminine (even though I don't like to label).

The previous release, Venetian Bergamot, explored a similar floral theme wrapped in sourness while Soleil Blanc, to me, is brighter & sweeter.

In a few words... creamy floral & nougat!

Dreamhouse
Dreamhouse

I was really disappointed with this. The main reason being is I have been keeping an eye on the listing for this here to see if any notes would be added but as of now, only amber and floral notes are listed. I thought, hmm, could be interesting. Not even...I get NO amber from this at all...! I get a floral powder puff. Pistachio was among the notes given to me at Neiman Marcus but I smell a hint of almond rather than pistachio. As a scent itself, it is severely ok...but it is not one of TF's best and nothing to rave about, IMO. Furthermore this listed here as unisex...this is feminine, all day/all night...

matty64
matty64

I sampled this yesterday at Neiman Marcus, I smelled a smooth, coconuty, flowery, musky fragrance. Not my cup of tea. Pass!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Soleil Blanc fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tom Ford Soleil Blanc, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Soleil Blanc by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.