Designers » T-Z » Woody « Groups

Vert des Bois Tom Ford for women and men

Vert des Bois Tom Ford for women and men
dislike

Vert des Bois Tom Ford for women and men Pictures

The new collection of the Tom Ford's exclusive Private Blend line for 2016 presents the four new interpretations of the classic "green" notes in perfumery: Vert d'Encens, Vert de Bois, Vert Bohème and Vert de Fleur.

Vert des Bois represents a provocative scent of woods and avant-garde processing of green perfume. It opens with clean buds of poplar and Ouzo accord with the smell of anise, along with plum and olive leaf. The heart of white flowers is defined by jasmine, enriched with green mastic. Roasted tonka bean and patchouli end the composition.

It is available as a 50 and 250 ml Eau de Parfum.

Poplar (Populus) buds Anise Olive Tree Plum

Mastic or Lentisque Jasmine

Patchouli Tonka Bean Woody Notes

Decibel

Vert des Bois Fragrance Reviews

TAP
TAP

Vert des Bois is surely yet another masterpiece from Tom Ford! For me this long lasting novelty is an intriguingly dark green woody perfume with beautifully blended, deliciously natural, slightly bitter and balsamic notes of mainly olive, poplar buds and mastic in the opening and dark woods with a slight toastiness in the drydown. Quite impressive :)

nardius
nardius

The image this scent gives me is an intimidating boss. Forget Bleu de Chanel, this is CEO material.
As for the actual smell, dark but green with a plasticky nuance (like many Herve Gambs fragrances give you) probably from the mastic. Good stuff. Performs well too, with about 5 hours projection on me.

Michael1962

Managed to get a bottle of Vert de Bois from a very good and generous friend whilst he was in London earlier this month.
I must say that I'm very impressed.Quite heady and intoxicating.
Agreed that it is very green,but I would say more blue, with a mediterranean twist.Its a blend of Italian Cypress and Costa Azzura with the ouzo substituting the cypress to add a boozy yet sweet,aromatic and pungent opening which,combined with the olive note, is the backbone.Patchouli as per usual with Tom Ford adds further substance.
Cannot detect any jasmine note,which is ok with me as this would detract from the olfactory experience.Even though I do enjoy jasmine in perfumery.
Ditto re plum,its not the upfront star as in Plum Japonais.
Nevertheless its a magnificent example of master perfume blending and something completely different and well worth at least sniffing out.Here's hoping the other Vert perfumes at least match my impression of this new masterpiece in the Tom Ford Private Blend collection.

Michael1962

I must say that I'm very impressed.Quite heady and intoxicating.
Ditto re plum,its not the upfront star as in Plum Japonais.

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An initially unisex fragrance, which soon becomes mature and masculine...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0-45 mins - 4 inch projection. This starts off unisex and fairly young, smooth and appealing.

45 mins - 4 hours - 3 inch projection and strong on the skin. It now becomes a mature, smoky masculine fragrance, very commanding, and there is a hint of cute sweetness which gives it complexity

4 hours - 6 hours - 2 inch projection. Very damp and heavy masculine fragrance. Alpha mature male fragrance- Pacino and Godfather springs to mind.

6-24 hours- This stayed on my skin until the next day, some floral comes in to the end

The best of the 3 verts for me

Good

Cologniano_D
Cologniano_D

It's a Jasmine fragrance on my skin. Jasmine is my least favorite flower next to Ylang Ylang. It's blended well, just pops a little too much for me, especially when my body heat rises. The dry down is fantastic once the Jasmine wears off towards the mid. The Patchouli and Tonka are well balanced together. The woods smooth it out, giving it a masculine edge. I'm on the fence because of the Jasmine. This is a cooler damp weather scent. With darker days ahead due to the change in season, This will be perfect. I really do like it....

meama
meama

...des bois?...nop! don't hope to find any wood in this one. It's a very original mediterranean aromatic, a kind of oily lentisque digestive.
It give me a headache like if I've smelled too long a bottle of liquor so I'll not say it's pleasant at all but undeniably artistically interesting.

matty64

I finally got to smell Vert Boheme and Vert Des Bois is still my fave of the four.

Smelly old man
Smelly old man

Michael1962 I have a bottle of this and I'm in Melbourne , Lovely fresh scent message me if interested in getting in touch cheers

misstral
misstral

One friend of mine told me, that this one is 80% similar to Lolita Lempicka smells - Au Masculine. Can somebody tеll me is this really so?

Frankee
Frankee

This one is great. Warm, comforting, woody and of course very green. The Opening is quite harsh green, after five minutes the olive wood and another wood note take the main stage and perform very good. In terms of sweetness this reminds me a lot to Italian Cypress but it has a better variation of different greens. Very good!

Longevity is about 6 hours on my skin, it projects around 3 feet. This is a good all day and even office scent.

Michael1962

Does anyone know a release date for the Vert collection in Oz? I've heard its around Christmas but not 100% confirmed.

landshark321
landshark321

Vert Des Bois is a nice release from the venerated house of Tom Ford, a green/woody pairing that takes bits and pieces from its various contributors---poplar, olive, plum, patchouli, jasmine, and tonka. It's oddest at its opening but settles into a very balanced, agreeable unisex fragrance in its dry down, harmony of woods and green notes.

My suspicion is that the greenness comes from teh poplar and olive and the woodiness comes from the patchouli and whatever mystery woody notes are present, perhaps cypress and sandalwood, if I had to guess.

Performance is solid, though not among the highest performers of the TF Private Blend line like Amber Absolute or Tobacco Vanille.

There's a sophistication to it, a sort of restraint that keeps it a green version of Oud Wood instead of an overblown monstrosity. Not one of my favorite TF releases, since that's tough to achieve, but certainly one I'll consider buying down the road. Perhaps I'll grow to like it even more.

8 out of 10

N°0012
N°0012

Vert des Bois to me is a blend of green, woody, gourmand and sweet. Crushed olive leaves, pine-like notes from the mastic, green resinous poplar buds, and herbal patchouli create a radiant and refreshing greenness. The wood isn't dry, dusty or reminiscent of dried planks but of freshly chopped wood still wet and green. The plum, anise (in the form of ouzo), tonka and jasmine are what steer this into new territory instead of just settling on being just another green fragrance. I normally hide from anise and tonka, but this fragrance makes me love them. It's THAT good. In a way it reminds me of a green version of Noir de Noir. It's less sweet, but has the delicious play between gourmand and earthy. It makes me picture a fallen oak arm covered in moss, dripping wet from the cool morning fog, but also has enough warmth in it to evoke images of sunny olive groves.

At first I wasn't crazy about this one, but the more I used my sample the more I loved it. Vert des Bois feels so fresh and different. It really shows Tom Ford challenging himself by trying something new and innovative, but also returning to the quality and boldness of his earlier work.

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

It's been a while since I have fell under the spell of a Tom Ford fragrance. - Coup de foudre!

Vert des Bois immediately transported me to the universe of Italian Cypress to which one would have eliminate the smoky smell and intensified the green, woody & aromatic aspects. Add to this a green resinous & lightly bitter mix with a fruity note, a distant & delicate flower note lost somewhere in the blend and you obtain this beautiful green & woody (sticky-humid) composition. Not gourmand sweet, but more fruity sweet and not really spicy.

Vert des Bois reminds me also of those humid, sticky bushes we come across when hiking after a rainstorm or rain shower. When the ground is humid and wet and all of the aromas are perceptible. You must love green to be under the spell of Vert des Bois.

Of this quartet of « Vert » from Tom Ford, this one is my favorite. A beautiful balance between green, resinous freshness and warmth, wood & aromatic. One of those fragrances we take pleasure in witnessing all the notes unfold.

Vert des Bois reminds me why we love so much to discover new things... sometimes it touches us right through the heart!

antonpan
antonpan

This smells as a green version of Oud Wood to me. Somewhat a green grass accord (olive tree?) that leads to a synthetic powerful woody accord of Oud Wood. A good quality fragrance.

picknenders
picknenders

pretty good. I see shades of antidote in this. The green-ness is pleasing. I didn't get fruits in this one. Just green. to me it's a forgettable release from TF private collection. I think TF's forte are the dark/bitter/sweet fragrances - heavier ones than this. At any rate, it smells nice but not worthy of a fb.

Zampelis
Zampelis

I grew up in Sparta, surrounded by endless fields of olive trees. Every late spring the flowers of the olives release an amazing scent, the aroma of the anticipation of the olive fruits, awakening countless dreams related to the liquid gold, as the olive oil production is the main source of income for the agricultural economy of the area. The olive scent is very subtle and most of the time is masked from the smell of the soil, the wet grass and the rainbow of scents released from the wild herbs. I have so many memories from the collection of the olives, a few weeks before Christmas, the aroma of the cut olive wood and the strong smell of the olive leaves crashed in the hands during the olive collection at the end of a tiring day, filled with the fulfilling anticipation of returning back home and having a glass of Ouzo with friends at the local tavern.

I have also spent countless years in Chios Island, carefree summers in several of the mastichochoria (the villages where mastic is produced). Napping during mid day under the mastic trees and tasting every now and then a mastic tear, to enhance the flavour of the sweet and peaceful solitude that places like these can promptly offer to ones soul. The precious aromatic resinous substance that most of it unfortunately was destroyed from wild fires this year.

Smelling Vert des Bois transported me to these two places. Made me feel and experience mediterranean as an inhabitant rather than a visitor. The smell in this perfume is mature. It encompasses the life and dreams of a whole culture. It encloses scents that someone can experience throughout the year in the Greek fields. It manages to draw all these subtle scents that can get so easily overlooked in real life, with bold colours on a vast canvas. So vast, that it awakens you an irresistible urge to be drawn in the magnificent picture it portrays, becoming part of it.

For me it is one of the best releases of the Tom Ford's Private Blend collection. All the ingredients are presented realistically. It is a perfume that has enormous depth, complexity and at the same time it has this innocuous subtlety that requires from you your attention and effort, if you are not familiar with the above scents, in order to fully appreciate it. A masterpiece.

mayberry
mayberry

You have to be really into greens to like this collection. While I'm not totally on board I applaud the quality. But I found this a little one noted. No citrus. It just smells like you smeared smashed plant stems and moss onto your skin.
I'm sure there's a market for this. Its just not my taste.

matty64

Of the 3 Verts I smelled, this was my fave. I didn't have a chance to smell Boheme though.

FeelingRisky
FeelingRisky

Vert des Bois is not a green I can compare to any other.
I get heavy Anise and Olive - can't quite pick out the Ouzo in the opening..
Jasmine is lightly present half of an hour in and mastic slowly unfolding throughout the composition..
Roasted tonka bean and patchouli are the most forward to me. This is creating a sort of Tonka/Floral, Vanilla and (I know its not listed) roasted pistachio.
This is a masterpiece.. No other way to put it.
I bought Vert Encens, Vert Des bois and Vert Boheme upfront full bottles.
Vert Des Bois and Vert Encens are masterpieces.
I give this 10/10
best for cool weather, it is a warm, glowing green. It smells like something familiar - perhaps its a bit of everything combined that makes this feel so cozy and worn.
This lasts forever and projects on and on.

Estebanz
Estebanz

There are places I've never been to, that feel like I have, a strange deja vu in a way, brought to my senses in liquid form, one of the reasons why I love perfume as much as I do.
Wearing the new Tom Ford VERT DES BOIS transport me to the Mediterranean greek island of Santorini, blending my own drink, a mix of Absinthe and Ouzo on the rocks, sitting by a pool on a summer evening surrounded by green nature, herbs,artemisia, mint and all kinds of the earths beautiful foliage.
SOTE ( Evening scent) - the stunning Tom Ford Private Blend VERT DES BOIS

razb666
razb666

This is absolutely incredible. Extremely avant garde and perfectly blended. Can't wait for the release - i'll be getting a decanted for sure

perfumesamplesanddecants
perfumesamplesanddecants

we got to smell this one recently and we are simply in love with this creation and the other two in this series. these are three green beauties....

BWALL
BWALL

Starts of with a blast of green that isn't harsh but well rounded and then a bit of nuttiness which can be weird at first but then it quickly becomes boozy with a bit of spiciness to round it out. Such an interesting fragrance that lasts a solid 10-12 hours on my skin and projects 6-7 feet for the first 4 hours and than retreats to a good 2-3 feet. I work in an environment with rapidly changing temps and this baby held on all day and I can still smell it 12 hours later radiating on my chest. Can't wait to get a full bottle when it releases because this is one of the private blends best.

Reminds me a bit of express reserve and Tom For Noir extreme but on steroids.

dmarcus1260
dmarcus1260

Poplar buds! Definitely will have to sample this one.

matty64

Ouzo smells like black licorice to me!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Vert des Bois fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tom Ford Vert des Bois, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vert des Bois by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vert des Bois by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.