Designers » T-Z » Chypre Floral « Groups

Valentina Assoluto Valentino for women
dislike

savory
tuberose

Valentino introduces a new fragrance Valentino Assoluto, the first variant on the theme of Valentina perfume from 2011. Valentina Assoluto deviates from the floral character of the original and offers instead an intense, mysterious and deep interpretation of the olfactory chypre character.

The composition is credited to perfumer Olivier Cresp who told wwd magazine that the new fragrance is “much more nocturnal, more seductive" than the original. Chypre is the theme chosen for its power and elegance, and the origins of ingredients are sought mainly in Italy.

Its top notes include Italian bergamot, Smeggia peach from Sicily and white Alba truffle from Piedmont. The heart exudes intoxicating tuberose flowers along with Mediterranean jasmine and soft vanilla from Madagascar. Its chypre base consists of silky cedar, oak moss and patchouli.

The bottle retains the same round shape with a slight design changes such as color of the glass (brown opalescent glass with ambery reflections). The campaign is shot by David Sims, featuring model Freja Beha Erichsen.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 80 ml Eau de Parfum. Valentina Assoluto was launched in 2012.

Bergamot Peach tuber

Tuberose Italian Jasmine Madagascar Vanilla

Oakmoss Patchouli Cedar

Valentina
Taylor

Valentina Assoluto Fragrance Reviews

Madrona
Madrona

Valentina is one of the weirdest designer fragrances I have encountered. I described the original as being "ugly-pretty like Coco Rocha in the best way" and there's a lot of the original to be found in the Assoluto flanker. What is gone is the fruitiness and freshness, the tuberose has been amped up instead. A clean patchouli peeks through as well, along with the oldtimey elegance of oakmoss. The result is deeper, more sensual, slinky evening gown material.

There are many types of tuber, I guess. I cannot stand it in Black Orchid, it makes me dry heave. In this, the tuber note is fantastic and it adds an intangible character that is very unique. A spray of this to the décolletage could prove extremely enticing. It has that kind of magnetic pull. It's the type of scent that will make people go "what IS that?" in an approving way.

perfume_infatuated
perfume_infatuated

This is well-made. A creative blend. Although it's described as earthy, savory, and animalic, it's very pleasant. Pleasant and truly distinctive at the same time! The sweet vanilla is holding the entire blend perfectly, and making it sensual. A hidden gem.

I see the description of (a.iioana) is just perfect.

a.iioana
a.iioana

Out of all the perfumes I tried so far, I believe Valentina Assoluto might be the most inoffensive and mass pleasing, yet still managing to be very unique.
It's deep, but also smooth and creamy at the same time. There's something about it which makes it feel edible, but it's very subtle and it keeps the fragrance from falling flat. In the dry down it becomes a skin scent and the yummyness starts fading, but I wouldn't mind reapplying, because the previous phases are so beautiful and unique.
Inviting, feminine, distinctive and versatile. I love it!

pauroj

yes like i said in my review of valentino donna NO SELF CONTROL AT ALL, got it love it , love it some more i need more tuber in my life is amazing there done i bought it and yes i regret nothing

pauroj

wow tried this today and it is so good, is pretty perfect i would say the bottle doesn't kill me but the juice my god is great !!

sweet , cozy , sexy keep them coming valentino i like it

mapache
mapache

Received this yesterday. I first sniffed this in-store, and liked it right away. Now, here at home, at first spray, I was a little dissappointed....BUT...wait !!!
As a firm believer of allowing a scent to develope on my skin, I paused and waited...after a little patience...the scent captured me more. I do not feel the animalic side of this, nor is the tuberose prominent..to my nose,IMO. I would like a little more "earthiness", I must admit. The dry-down is great. It does linger, but I don't feel it is a "powehouse", just enough. Way underneath, I think I smell the truffle note,again, this note is not "in your face". All and all, I am liking this scent alot. BTW....I did not care for the original version very much. This has a different vibe.
7.5/10
sillage:medium
longevity:medium

mishlava3000
mishlava3000

Assoluto. Perfume of goddeses.

This is absolute gold. Will not be without.

Sparkling. Sensuous. Golden. Fresh.

My skin has the prickling scent of youthfulness and dewiness whenever my beloved Assoluto is present. it radiates beautifully off my skin and is a compliment magnet. It has a creaminess to the drydown too which is so lovely.

Another fragrantican likened it to peach champagne and I get the comparison.

This lasts all day for me and softens beautifully.

One word. Love.

Andrina72
Andrina72

Fell in love after testing this today. It's been on my list of wants for a while, but that was really just based on the reviews and description. Now that I've me her in person... it's full blown love!
Others have done a great job of describing the scent, so I won't bother adding to what's already been said. However, I do have to add that upon first sniff it rang of womanly sophistication, class and confidence. It's a bit difficult to explain, but this is definitely a woman's fragrance. A mature (don't read that as old), confident, sophisticated woman. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

Most of the times the opening of a perfume provides the first powerful blast that dissipates in a few minutes. On my skin , instead, Valentina Assoluto goes the other way round. The opening is rather understated and it starts projecting (moderately) later on. Truffle here is dominant and so is tuberose. At a certain point this mix mingled with vanilla becomes too intensive and turns a pleasant perfume into something not-so-pleasant to my nose. Tuberose is too tricky a note and here it's on the verge of being indolic in a way that doesn't suit me. I'm not saying that this is a powerhouse perfume, because it's not; sillage is moderate but strong enough to bother me. Valentina Assoluto: classy attitude, elegant bottle and interesting set of notes, as for the scent...pass!

CMaingi
CMaingi

I feel so sophisticated and classy when I'm wearing this.This sillage on me is amazing especially the vanilla scent.One of my favourites from the Valentino collection.

tabitha106
tabitha106

Love this peachy, vanilla-tuberose concoction! Simply alluring on my skin. While strolling through Dillard's recently, I gave it a try and was immediately intrigued. I usually prefer a little more floral variety in a scent, but the tuberose and jasmine really come through, with the vanilla adding a warm richness. Within minutes of sampling I was receiving compliments and questions about this scent! Clearly it goes with my chemistry. The notes are nicely blended and seem to all meld together drying down softly, rather than shifting through layers of fragrance. This Valentino is both sophisticated and feminine with a soft sexiness that lingers on the skin. Definitely adding this Valentino to my fragrance wardrobe.

emyalda
emyalda

At first I was like yes! This is so classy and crisp, I'm buying one for me and my sister in law.
But when the dry down kicked in, I feel like the sillage enhanced and this turned into the most basic scent that I feel like I've smelt on 100 other people.
Maybe it was just my skin chemistry making it go weird though.

Ellisbijl
Ellisbijl

This is one of the best I've ever smelled. I love it.
I know everybody around me does, because I get a lot of compliments about it.
It is amazingly feminine, sophisticated. It is a positive, scent, with optimism.
Also the bottle is pretty, it is so beautiful in it's simplicity.

LNelly
LNelly

This sounded so wonderful on paper, but on my skin, all I got was laundry dryer sheet. I could smell just a hint of what I think was the truffle, but it was all drowned out by dryer sheet.

amberkm
amberkm

blake.lee I've told people "this smells purple, this is what purple smells like". Such a beautiful perfume. I originally wanted the original but just before I went to buy it I found out my sister in law bought it for her wedding- I was crushed because I thought I had found my signature scent! She told me to go ahead and buy it, she likely wouldn't wear it often but I opted to buy this version instead. I love this scent it's so luxurious and it lasts forever. The dry down might not be the most exciting but I love how it dries down on my skin and lasts for days on my clothes. I tried a shirt on last week while I was wearing this and then decided to put it back in my closet- days later the scent still lingered. I don't know why but when this scent dries down I have this faint memory of perfumey vintage jewelry as if I've smelt this before on an old necklace.

gillbert
gillbert

this one is more mature, deeper, richer, warmer and earthier vibe. very bright citrus in the opening with peach and tuber too. the heart notes are jasmine and vanilla. very sweet and flowery but not too much. then after an hour, patchouli and oakmoss are covering over the juice to make it earthy, warmy, sensual, creamy and delicate. (surprisingly, after an hour it close to Miss Dior Le Parfum)

Jola 72
Jola 72

So Feminine Fragrance this Valentina is...It has everything what a marvelous perfume can mean ...Soft and strong and long lasting ,very smooth in begining on me but with time it is growing and changing ,love fragrances doing this,just from liquory peachy openning to flowery woody dreamy chypre dry down...Very completed and modern and so fabulous... Every Fashionistas Dream...

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

The alba truffle was too off putting for me. Such a shame. Not a bad perfume. Just not for me.

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

Absolutely gorgeous, a soft floral vanilla with fruit, sophisticated and charming, very very feminine. It doesn't last very long on my skin, 3-4 hours tops, but in that time it's a cloud of a dreamy fruity garden mingling with the depth of tuber and the resinous vanilla. Normally I dislike vanilla, but this one's a dream.

blake.lee
blake.lee

Sometimes I smell fragrances as colors and this one smells so purple! A dusty, mauvish purple. Very honey sweet and quite a bit of patchouli. Smells a little like strawberry bubble gum. Unfortunately, the drydown isn't as fun as the rest of it. Pretty boring musk.

Miss Precious Orchid
Miss Precious Orchid

I was a bit hesitant to try this fragrance because I am not a fan of 'flankers'. This fragrance from the very start I liked it, because of that delicious vanilla and peach fuzzy note, I think some reviewers mentioned champagne feel, and I find this too be true. I don't know what gives this impression, but guessing it must be the tuberose which can come off as ethereal. For a moment there I thought the fragrance was taking a 'soapy direction perhaps the truffle, but it stayed it's effervescent fluffy, deep hypnotic sweet self.
On a side note,I have heard that people in Italy dress very well and this is my impression of this perfume. Very well put together, almost flawless in achieving that gourmand quality and elegance at the same time. Lasting power on my skin, I got about 3-4 hours. On clothes, till the next morning and till now it is radiating quite nicely. Well done!

xJessax

Update: I love this glamorous fragrance more and more each time I wear it/bond with it. The smell is really quite addicting! When you first spray it on.. it smells "nice" but the longer you wear it, the deeper the scent becomes and the more you will shine. I used to prefer the original Valentina to this, but I think I have changed my mind... but I'll start with this:

The Opening: To me, it smells like a mixture of sweet tarts, ripened peaches, and a slight hint of champagne. Hmm... not sure if anyone else has had this experience, or it's just my nose. It can be quite "sweet" but unusual to put it simply.

The Heart: Beautiful smooth jasmine and tuberose, surprisingly creamy with just a hint of vanilla. This isn't a sweet baking vanilla - it's very refined and used in small doses. This is when it begins to shine most.

The Base: The scent trail of this fragrance is incredible. The jasmine/tuberose is quite toned down at this point, and it appears to have a strange calming effect on me. The patchouli and oak moss wrap this up quite delicately. It's delightful, sophisticated, and well balanced. I highly recommend trying this one directly on your skin and not spraying it on a tester card. Why? It's one of those that just doesn't settle right on paper. On the skin it blooms and heats up and meshes with your own skin chemistry. I love this gorgeous earthy floral!

PS: This scent lasts for DAYS on clothes! I literally sprayed my pull over with this beauty and I can still get whiffs of it 2-3 days after!

Scent: 8.5/10
Longevity: A good 6 hours
Sillage: Soft - moderate (depending)

Nil3
Nil3

Pure elegance.

This is a creamy bouquet.
A fancy NIGHT out perfume.
A sophisticated woman.
A royal scent.
A serious perfume.

Smooth , long lasting , humble.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Valentina is a beautiful fragrance. There are other versions but this one is what my nose most enjoys. The bottle is exquisitely designed. The scent is a delicate but strong fragrance of tuberose but more of a green chypre aromatic scent with a feminine touch provided by vanilla. The frag opens with a tuber that smells more like a yogurt to me, but in a good way. The peach in it is also making it smell like delicious peach yogurt. I thought that was weird as an opening to a fragrance but it smells really good. You have to know how tuber is like on your body in the form of a fragrance. I have not experienced it very much in other frags except in Coty's La Voce by Renee Fleming. That one has a lot of tuber and jasmine. This one has jasmine and tuber but the vanilla and patchouli combo give it a heftiness and aromatic touch that makes it smell very expensive. This is a rich patchouli scent. It's also very romantic, girly but mature at the same time. Totally a date night fragrance, Valentines Day fragrance, or a fragrance to wear with your most feminine clothes of dresses and only dresses. This doesn't match up with jeans. I wore this in Italy during Milan Fashion Week. They all recognized it and loved my "profumo". A gorgeous perfume.

bagaceirababy
bagaceirababy

Recieved a sample of this and I was very curious since I've read all the good reviews about assoluto. Its really a different scent, its complex and it has very distinguish phases... At first I can smell the fruitness (like real fresh fruit) mixed with some kind of earthy cold truffle and it smells just divine and very different. After about a half hour the florals come to play but it still earthy, it seen that the truffle notes play around for quite a bit but saddly this lasts just for a couple hours before the dry down that its pure pachouli on my skin and very close to skin. I really enjoyed the fragrance, the only problem its the lasting power, only 4 hours of pure amazingness and then its gone!!! Sillage its moderate more on the soft side. I really want a full bottle but not sure if I want to pay the price for something that dont last at all....

stardust808
stardust808

Almost too beautiful for words. I want to swim in this so that every fiber of my being exudes this luscious scent! I feel I can't inhale deeply enough to be satisfied with the amount filling my sinuses...yes, it's THAT good! The further I breathe it in the more layers I discover. So interesting, complex, and not for an instant boring. This is elegant. Embarassing to say (lol) but I feel I may need to get more of a life so I can have formal affairs and gala events worthy of such a fragrance!

Veronica85
Veronica85

What a mesmerizing fragrance! I couldn't be more satisfied when I sprayed this on my skin. It's going to be my signature for cold days.

odie
odie

This is a beautiful fragrance, but the thing is for me it skips the top notes in a heartbeat and starts to radiate that captivatingly indolic jasmine and fresh tuberose along with that creamy vanilla with just a lilt of oakmoss and vetiver. It's a kind woman's perfume but she's the type of gyal that is a supermodel at heart. The bottle is a work of art, so chic....like that insociant lady wearing that darned hat, or sporting the perfect lipstick, nonchalantly.

Most lovely, I must say it does capture Kim Kardashian's "True Reflection" a tiny bit, but in that fume the patchouli is very sweet and fruity with a louder sillage. I've already found at least 3 of my signatures (this isn't one of them) and as I take the olfactory adventure through perfumeland, I took note of "Valentina"

WildDove
WildDove

Truffle-tuber and peach. Complex and very earthy, very rooty. Reminds me somewhat of TF Black Orchid, though I like the Tom Ford much better.

ntabassum92
ntabassum92

So truffley and peachy, I really like it! It's earthy but feminine because of the perfect combination of fruit and vanilla. At first it's a little weird, I almost get a Vicks Vapor Rub note at the beginning, but the drydown is really nice.

You know, it slightly smells like dirty panties...I don't mind :p Keeps things interesting! It's like a sourish dirty panty note overlaid by clean earthiness and sweetness. How intriguing...

cherlynnie
cherlynnie

I have a bottle of this manufactured in May 2012, i just started using this and i love most things about it from the starting to the end. Its only the after drydown where the tuberose and orange blossom got quite intensive before it softens to blend with the vanilla, really really enjoy this part, smelling the mixture of both flowers and smooth creaminess. I sprayed it on both my clothing and arms and at the end of the day, my clothing was left with the patchouli base note while my arms got the cedar. 6 hours of heavy-moderate-soft sillage. Longevity moderate.

xJessax

Extraordinary fragrance, perfect for a signature scent, it certainly makes a statement! But.....

This isn't something i'm always in the mood for, it's quite different than what I expected! Kind of an acquired taste. This was a blind buy. (If you are looking for a tooth-achingly sweet, gourmand fragrance, this is NOT it..) Rather, it's earthy and quite rich.

It opens with a burst of alcohol mixed with peaches.. I'd describe it like a "peachy champange". The initial burst of alcohol winds down fortunately, and then the jasmine and tuberose take center stage, along with the peach. The peach isn't sweet or fruity, rather, somewhat bitter (mixed with the tuber, perhaps?) The vanilla soon creeps in, softening the fragrance, while adding a bit of warmth. This scent is not "foody", not in the least bit. Now on to the base notes... I get the patchoulli, and a VERY subtle hint of the oakmoss. It's subtly spicy - addicting. This scent lasts a full 5 hours on my skin.~ <3

Mizurin
Mizurin

Warm & spicy. At first I didn't really like its earthy accord(provably tuber) because it reminded me soil, but after one hour this is changed to rich sweet smooth scent. I think it is suitable for ladies over 30. If discounted, I will get it.

GeorgiaMoxie
GeorgiaMoxie

If anyone wants to experience a great example of a blooming chypre then try Assoluto. Its layers are very pronounced and is almost like having two fragrances in one bottle. I get compliments from people who know perfume when I wear this (tons of compliments, and guys seem to love it on me too- in fact more people ask what I'm wearing when I wear this over any of my other perfumes in my expansive collection of fragrances)

It starts off with a rather sweet fruity peach blast and after a few seconds I notice the truffle (I love the truffle). Then it moves to truffle and tuberose which reminds me a lot of Black Orchid EDT. Then that morphs again and I catch a whiff of something that reminds me of Lolita Lempicka (although I'm not sure how or why because the notes aren't the same) and settles into an earthy and kind of powdery base where I smell the truffle again..

The intensity of it also morphs, at first it's overwhelming and I think to myself that I should always spray and leap into this one. Once it dries down it settles and becomes softer, sort of a earthy truffle vanilla tuberose with a hint of fruit and the trail is mostly earthy truffle with a hint of the dry notes.

Because it starts so intense I don't want to spray too much but the trail gets soft enough that I wish I applied more so I'm conflicted about the appropriate spray amount with this one, I think a purse spray is in order because I don't I want to overload before work. Some people used to powerhouse fragrances probably won't find that to be a dilemma.

This is a very interesting, complex and beautiful fragrance and a very happy blind buy, I'm not sure why I haven't heard of it until now. I love it!

DAL123
DAL123

Blind bought this at Marshall's and on my goodness! I am in love! I have Valentina and it is one of my favorites but this one blows that right out of the water! On me it opens with a sweet fruity vanilla scent and then deepens with a nice tuberose. After a couple of hours I get the patchouli and its a nice smooth patchouli. To me this smells very sultry and sweet and just delicious. I have to add this to the list of scents that make me want to devour my arm....

nitschevo
nitschevo

Am I the only one who cannot see the pictures anymore? Has Valentino sued fragrantica or what's happening? :)

Circuit FAiry
Circuit FAiry

Valentina Assoluto - The opening is beautiful, the middle captivates, and the ending is enchanting. Very elegant and I find it to be suitable for any occasion, it just melts into the skin.

From the bottle and design one would almost expect this to have rose notes but it does not. I agree with Nexangelus in that the opening reflects the scent of peach wine. I can pick up all of the listed notes and they are all heavenly and what I enjoy the most about this beautiful blend is that it develops slowly and that each note play nicely with each other.

For me this fragrance has amazing longevity 8+ hours with moderate sillage.

aftengdur
aftengdur

Before this one, I've tried original Valentina. It was cool, just something was missing for me. I continued to go to perfume shop testing Valentina Assoluto until I realized that it is the kind of everyday smell I was searching for. It sits pretty close to my skin in the winter, so it is not bothering people around. It is very feminine, but not too much. It starts sweet and fruity on me, then smell becomes very intimate, i'd say. The only problem I see with it, is lack of attitude, maybe. For a long time I was Kenzo fan, now I'm exploring Tom Ford and Hermes. These three for me are like some stylish pieces of clothing made to make people notice you, when Valentina Asolluto is like a favorite set of lingerie.
But even earlier, I was constantly with Coco Mademoiselle, but then I realized, that half of the young girls around me uses it. That's why I started to search for something else.

LizzieDee
LizzieDee

As many have said, this starts out fruity, but the sweetness fades quite quickly and settles down to a warm, almost animalistic scent. Behind the sweetness, like Mademoiselle C I too get camphor, a medicinal note that really cuts the sweetness in a good way. Unlike Mademoiselle, I really like the camphor, which stops this being sickly.

It took me a few days to work it out, but it reminds me of an improved Angel. That too starts with sweet fruit, but in Angel it is so sweet it is actually rotting, but then you get the camphor that turns it into something complex and unique. While I can recognise this in Angel, for me Angel smells horrible but this smells wonderful

Elisewin
Elisewin

Lo trovo pesante, ma adoro il patchouli, dominante in questo profumo.
Decisamente un profumo invernale, dolce, un po' stucchevole.

nexangelus
nexangelus

Peach wine opening. Light, soft, fruity, sweet. This dries to sweet, vanillary florals. Strong jasmine and tuberose, big white flowers. A small whiff of oakmoss to balance the sweetness. This is likeable, fresh, fruity, light, summery and feminine. Girly and flirty. Very sweet with it.

2Girlie4U
2Girlie4U

After a long, hard, tedious search for an updated signature fragrance, I finally found mine - Valentina Assoluto by Valentino. Upon first try, I knew my search was over. I loved it from the start. It melts perfectly into my skin to become one with me. I don't know if it is the fact that the ingredients are mainly from Italy and I have Italian skin; or, if I was just lucky to have stumbled upon a fragrance that works for me. In any regard, I can't get enough of it. The fragrance starts off floral, but then dries down to a sexy, yet lady-like aroma (not sure if it is the tuberose?). That's the whole thing. I can't separate the scents, although I know what is in it. It is too complex. One ingredient cannot exist without the other. They rely on each other to complete itself. A purely feminine, subty seductive scent made for a woman. It has possessed me.

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

Got a bottle of this yesterday. My first Valentino fragrance. I get a long opening of vanilla. Then something happens and something woody moves subtly to the foreground. I tried it during the day, however, I would love to see how this reacts on me at a party, an elegant evening dinner party with ladies wearing long evening dresses.

ankali
ankali

Meh. Pretty fruity/floral, too inoffensive to dislike, but it's unremarkable on me. I got a sample in the mail, though, and one of my colleagues fell in love with how it smelled in the bottle.

pi^2
pi^2

A pretty scent in a pretty bottle. This is a sensual, seductive and elegant evening perfume for a woman, and I mean a woman, not a girl. It makes me think of a long black dress and a glass of wine.

Compared to the original I find it less sweet, a bit "darker", more for special occasions IMO. I see some wrote they find it cozy and wear it when they go to sleep. To me it is definitely for a night out, and it's quite expensive so I wouldn't use it every day anyhow...

I don't like very "perfume-y" fragrances. This one is somehow elegant and classy without being heady. It is light and wearable enough for my taste.

mzfiguer
mzfiguer

What can I say about Valentina Assoluto? It lets itself be worn rather well. Fortunately, my taste is not so elevated or intellectual for me to pass on this one. I mean, who can say no to a jammy strawberry opening like this? Not me. I like it and I am sure the other people will like it as well, I don't find anything offensive about it. It's very feminine, cozy, soft, creamy with the vanilla and white florals. Great for casual nice out or just to basically wear whenever you please, really. It's gourmand without being annoyingly so. The fragrance manages to last a lot on my skin and I was pleased with the drydown. I won't regret having this one and I feel like I will wear it a lot, it is suitably sexy and the strawberry note is always a delight.

thais.magrinha
thais.magrinha

Beautiful!!! Thats what I thought when I first felt it on my skin. It is delicate like silky lingerie, tempting and delightful. In my mind it feels like Narciso for Her EDP without a few things and less sillage. Perfectly romantic, use it after a warm bath on an autumn afternoon. You won't disappoint and won't be disappointed.

beso-csk
beso-csk

i liked it but to me it's more like enigma oriflame (but more luxury) it didn't seem unique for me
yet my fiancee find it sexy and loved it

ingridp
ingridp

Absolutely beautiful!
Creamy, sensual, rich and quite original.
One of the sexiest perfumes that I know.
But definitely not for everyone, not as likable and popular as regular Valentina. Which is a great plus in my opinion. Surely the best of Valentinas.

Martaynd
Martaynd

Love it. Great winter scent day or night. I wear it for me and I wear it for others. I put this on after a night time shower just to go to bed. It smells cozy and semisweet. It is not overpowering as some "assolutes" can be. It stays pretty true to itself in the dry down with a bit more darkness coming though than in the open, but that's not bad.

outofocus
outofocus

I had no expectation on a Valentino perfume... Is he in the perfume industry at all?
I tried the Valentina Acqua Floreale (a big hit according to this blog) and it was a no-no.
After that I went to the Valentina, which was definetively better but too soft.
So just before leaving the Valentino zone I gave Assoluto a try... And it was BAM!
Not as much for the first notes, which I actually dont like too much, but for the middle notes that carry me somewhere between the Sun and the Moon. I purchased it and I'm quite happy with it, dont think I'll re purchase but that's the norm in me.

harrypotter99
harrypotter99

geniale, un essenza intensa e cipriata ma allo stesso tempo aerea, lieve e floreale . la mia essenza preferita. il tartufo bianco d'alba rigenera l'essenza, che potrebbe essere una classica essenza poudre, la rende diversa, mistica, un distillato complesso, all'apparenza essenziale, ma inestimabile. complimenti alla mia maisonpreferita

Fragrantnatic
Fragrantnatic

This is one very feminine & lasting fragrance i've tried, lasted for about 4 hrs on me, yes, more suitable as a nighttime fragrance as the floral, sweet scent tends to get a bit " sophisticated" , over all. Its a 4 out of 5 for me..

Lily2911
Lily2911

It is a beautiful very feminine perfume for the first hour.... Afterwards nothing remains of this beaut, no longevity at all, have to spray constantly what a dissapointment :-(
If only it had more body and sillage, could have been in my top favourite ones

lovescents999
lovescents999

This is a perfect vanilla scent to me! So soft and comforting, creamy and very feminine. It makes me happy when I wear it! I can smell a little of tuberose, which just lingers around my neck. The scent is clean and sexy at the same time. The bottle is so pretty and the lotion matches so well with the perfect scent.

HoneyBoots1
HoneyBoots1

My husband bought for me on recommendation of salesperson at Nordstrom. I find it overpowering and excessive. Perhaps too modern and undifferentiated. I don't smell the notes listed. Unfeminine and brash. Sprays on incredibly harshly. Tones down to something lacking much character or uniqueness.

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

sex in a bottle. sensual, musky, warmth with a powdery outline. superb lasting power as well

Shwets
Shwets

A sweeter and intesne version of the original edp.
Love it.

Rach05
Rach05

Went to department store today I fell in love on the fist sniff so I bought a whole gift set today it's going to be a night time fragrance for me since I only wear light cents. Love it so far

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

Valentina was more complex and mature imo. Assoluto opens louder but settles more fruitier. I prefer valentina over this strawberry accord instead of peach may be the reason why.

bonny.kiran
bonny.kiran

I like this one

maltatude
maltatude

Both my mum and I thought 'wow isn't this pretty' upon first spray to our wrists... 20 minutes later, if that, it smelt like a sweet floral toilet spray. Like, pot pourri or dewy rose garden toilet spray. So bad. The bottles are gorgeous though.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

Unfortunately, I have to pass on this as it smells of moth balls on my skin. Yes, you read that correctly, your grandmas dusty closet mothballs.

This is a shame because I enjoyed the original Valentina and was hoping for something that lasted a little longer and had more sillage.

angel57
angel57

I received samples of this fragrance from one of my favorite salespersons at Nordstroms. The verdict is in: Definitely on my list of fragrances to purchase! It's very warm and sensuous and delightfully feminine. The peach and vanilla notes are divine!

all I smell is honey and vanilla mixed with jasmin. in fact if you combine Lady Million and Hypnose you'll get Valentina assoluto. Bolder than the original,this one is more pleasant to my nose. I didn't find it that much earthy as it's described here, more likely it's very feminine, suitable for a strong woman who is aware of her secret powers and don't forget about the gorgeous bottle which is seductive itself!

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Beautiful bottle, so feminine but I may destroy that spray. I can smell the tuberose with sweet fruit but not peach. It seems too candied to be peach; more like strawberry but not the overripe kind. In the dry down, the flowers are softened/rounded by patchouli (not too strong to be herb-y or grassy but just enough to stand out) but lifted by a trail of citrus. Overall the scent is soft to the senses and comforting. I can't recall the original so it must not have stood out for me to want a bottle. This Assoluto, however, could be good for everyday as it doesn't project. It isn't going in my top ten but still good.

One spray on me,
Sillage: close to skin
Longevity: about 4hours but no trail

freddinos
freddinos

A more harsh, screetchy version of Valentina, with lots of oakmoss and a bold chypre character. It smells much stronger than the original and I dare say a tad masculine from the middle notes down. The bottle is gorgeous though!

srimati
srimati

I just got my bottle and I don't think the bottle looks cheap at all, it's different and stylish IMHO. As for the juice, well it's definitely chypre, the patchouli comes through, the blend of flower and bass notes are quite subtle, but emerge after awhile, as a whole the perfume is not a disappointment. I wasn't quite sure what I was going to get since I have never sampled this one, but I'm quite pleased with the outcome.

fawy
fawy

wearing this makes me feel sexy, sensual and wherever I go, I feel like i own that place where heads turn to see who is that person.. :D

adeleit
adeleit

I bought this perfume after trying many, and I can say that this is my favorite for decent evenings when I want to be attractive and sexy. My boyfriend cannot help smelling me all the time when I am wearing this perfume. This is a very sexy one!

elisa.fuentes briones
elisa.fuentes briones

the patchouli note makes a sexy difference. love it

Chocobaby
Chocobaby

I have both Valentina and this one. As some reviewers mentioned, there are a lot of similar notes but they smell ver different. VA is sweet, warm, cozy and mysterious.. To me, this is a night time fragrance where it stirs imagination and begs to be explored. Valentina is gorgeous but in a more transparent way. It's great or day time and wearing to work. Both VA and V do not have much sillage on me, which is perfectly fine. Longevity is so so. I can smell faint traces after 4 hours. Bottles are gorgeous.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Such a beautiful, warm scent. I imagine wearing this on cooler days wrapped up in a warm fuzzy sweater or blanket. It exudes comfort and it smells like how I want to smell. It is not a heavy fragrance, but it is rich. I LOVE that it has this without invading the air and being completely obnoxious. I like to keep my sillage to myself!

It starts out reminiscent of Nina by Nina Ricci but then warms up into a creamy yet fresh melange of aromas that blend so succinctly together that one could mistake it for simplicity instead of a very well crafted and balanced blend of elements. I can't wait to add a bottle to my collection!

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I'm obsessed with this. It is sweet, yes. But I really do love it. It is of the genre of Flowerbomb, Elie Saab and Lancomb's La vie est belle. So, if you are cool w/ those, you'll be cool with this. I love the bottle. It looks great on my dresser.

suile
suile

I was desperate to like and buy this one - the bottle, Italian chic, etc. but the heady tuberose/patchouli notes were more than I could stand and I couldn't even tolerate the paper strip for more than half an hour.

danda74
danda74

the mix of notes is good but unfortunately not very well balanced, to me...
a bit too "heavy", maybe because of the patchouli that I just can't stand :/

zfyreangel
zfyreangel

I made the mistake of smelling this at Nordstrom after falling in love with and wearing Valentina all the time...and I ended up taking this one home too.

Valentina makes me feel like spring time and happy, this version makes me feel sensual and sexy. Even though there are common notes, the combinations and layers are completely different. The core of jasmine and tuberose make both of the scents rock hard for me.

Just like the other, this perfume has NO issue with lasting power on me. They last all day with just the tiniest of spritzes. I guess I have lucky body chemistry with Valentino scents.

I got this as a gift. Although the notes might be something for me, the scent is not for me. When I use it, it turns out very woody on me after a while. I see this for the elegant elderly lady maybe, but the whole direction of this scent is not for me.

buithao3006
buithao3006

I have it and I really really love it! :)

Catty
Catty

Finally a very Good Flanker! Very elegant Chypre with a Tuberose x Jasmin Touch that makes this scent refined, but thanks to the Vanille, casual too.

For me a day/evening fancy scent, that will make you feel elegant, but very urban and modern too. Far away to be Vintage, Valentina Assoluto is a very Update scent, and it was inspiried in Rome, reflecting its tradition and cosmopolitan Spirit.

I tested today, and I will purchase it for sure.
Beautiful!

Nefelisparkles
Nefelisparkles

To me this smells exactly the same as my beloved original Valentina.

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

Valentina assoluto is not very simmilar to the original valentina in my skin,altough both are soft.. Doesn´t last long and doesn´t leave a trail when you walk either,see,this is the kind of the perfume I think buying,it´s a waste of money!! And this one it´s quite expensive!! But it´s nice,I can detect most jasmine,and vanilla and a bit of peach.. Smells nice,like I said not enough for me to buy,bottle looks cute too,altough the valentina itself is prettier :)

jellybeantree

I caved and bought this , the large bottle costs 92 euro's! The problem is the 50 ml costs 72 euro's so its better to buy the large one cause you get way more for your money! It's not a strong fragrance but has presence , it's a little mysterious and aloof , which is nice. I love the tuberose in this as its very well balanced with the jasmin and vanilla ,making smell sweet but not synthetic. The pachouli is really non existant for me. I like patchouli but here I can't find it. I think this will have better lasting power on clothes than skin, as for my skin eats fragrances . It's very precious.

antonpan
antonpan

To me this is not an intense version of Valentino, but a reworked one. Assoluto starts off with a more bright, more prominent wild strawberry note. It sounds sparkling and now reminds of strawberry in Givenchy Le Bouquet Absolu and Antonio Banderas Her Secret. The dry down of Assoluto is quite similar to the base of the regular Valentina. The bottle is more attractive.

jellybeantree

This is gorgeous , uugghh if I didn't have enough perfumes already, this is sensual and so well put together , I love tuberose and in this it is just the right amount of sweetness for the dry down, smooth creamy , next purchase for sure!

Cams
Cams

Beautiful fragrance!I could not resist this one when I saw it at my favourite department store yesterday. It's a stunningly intense version of the original and wears wonderfully on the skin.

marcello19
marcello19

I don't like it. I was in a local department store yesterday and I saw Valentina Assoluto and decided to take a sniff, sprayed some on the paper card and I was not impressed at all. First of all this really reminds me of something, but I don't know what. The scent is rather sweet, simple and boring. I can't detect any of the notes, just sweet,sweet and sweet. It is said to be a chypre fragrance, but I don't know why. The projection is horrible, such as the longevity and the sillage, not to mention the bottle, which looks extremely cheap to me. So I was quite disappointed.
Overall: 2/10

nattychins
nattychins

I had Valentina and I'm gonna get this, Gorgeous bottle!!!

dina
dina

So it's a trend! A new flanker with the suffix: Absolu, Absolute or Assoluto ..... I find it really ridiculous... that new naming convention, not the fume.

jonr951
jonr951

I can't wait for this one! BEAUTIFUL bottle just like the original. : )

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Valentino Valentina Assoluto fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Valentino Valentina Assoluto, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Valentina Assoluto by Valentino. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Valentina Assoluto by Valentino represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay