Designers » T-Z » Woody Spicy « Groups

Zanzibar Van Cleef & Arpels for men

Zanzibar Van Cleef & Arpels for men
dislike

Zanzibar Van Cleef & Arpels for men Pictures

The name of the perfume says everything: this is a fragrance for adventurers and explorers. It soaked the scent of red African land, exotic trees and hot spices. Zanzibar is an island near the east coast of Africa.

Freshness of lemon is covered by a spicy wave of cardamom and coriander. The fragrance becomes warmer and sweeter, revealing the heart of ginger, black pepper and cloves. Woody notes of the base make you feel like in an exotic jungle full of sandalwood, vetiver and ambrette.

The perfume was created by Jacques Cavallier and Alberto Morillas in 2001.

Coriander Cardamom Lemon

Ginger Cloves Pepper Lemon

Amber Sandalwood Vetiver

So Fever Him

Zanzibar Fragrance Reviews

julmax
julmax

I have a dab mini of this for a while and tried it for the first time today. I never realized it is so expensive these days. I got it on ebay as a set with a candle for 7$ shipping included probably two years ago.
I also never realized it was for men.
Well, I put maybe eight dabs on myself and I pretty much can't smell anything after 2 hours. I am moving back and forth just to catch a whiff and nothing...
It smelled generic oriental-spicy when I was putting it on. Very weird. I smell my shampoo, I smell my detergent when I intentionally move but nothing from Zanzibar. I thought I would have something new to smell today and was pretty excited. Oh well. At least it is Friday and I have a Zumba class during lunch.

sameh
sameh

Zanzibar Van Cleef & Arpels for men is a very good one & actually it's my first encounter with the brand which is a funny story by the way as I bought it cause I did not have any Van Cleef & Arpels freg before , the funny story that it has a great longevity , Projection & Smell on the Clothes BUT on me it's the same BUT with Very BAD skin red rash ( very irritating & annoying ) , too bad I can't have it again !!!!!!!
P.S. the downside is the bottle design it looks very cheap & plastic.

Finisterle
Finisterle

Peppered unisex emptiness. If you never tried it you didn't miss anything.
I must say this in case a gourmand VC&A pour homme fan thinks about shelling out hundreds of dollars on a bottle.

haristondo
haristondo

I love this fragance. It is so elegant and classy. I found yesterday 1 new bottle and I love it. It brings me so many memories.

Deefit
Deefit

The descriptions of African wind gave a beautiful mental picture when I smelled this on my skin. They seem pretty fitting. I wouldn't know what wind in Afrika smells like, but it could very well be like this fragrance.

It's too bad it stays close to the skin and doesn't last that long. Still, I like this fragrance. And I am happy with my miniature, just to be able to smell it every once in a while.

fuggerone
fuggerone

the smell of African wind blowing at sunset! 9.5/10
hoarded all i could find, yes it is mostly a skin scent but if over applied it's da bomb!

Dadavan
Dadavan

Classy bottle, Lovely smell. This really is one of my favorites, I've got half a bottle left and I'm being really careful with it, shame it was discontinued. I'ts a great wild and spicy scent while it lasts, and that's the problem - the smell is gone after around 4 hours and it stays very close to the skin.

raverdudes
raverdudes

I have a full 1.6 fl/oz unused bottle of this. If anyone is interested, please send me a pvt. message or e-mail me at [email protected]

kdlehr
kdlehr

I had this in my cupboard for a little while now . It was one of the first in my collection. I bought it because the bottle did look just amazing to me. I did not know anything about fragrances at the time I still dont but I slowly can appreciate some of the reviews
Clark Gable and Ava Gardner going to a Zanzibar Bazaar ?
Fresh and exotic? like an "African wind" ?
I agree with all of it and more .
To me its very classic and sophisticated,
So glad I finally tried it properly and glad to have it in my wardrobe.
Only drawback is that its a very fleeting pleasure on my skin and way too close.

Zenith
Zenith

Lets be honest now, if you were interested, it was because the bottle looks amazing in any collection, not because of the notes.

I love owning this but I do not wear it often. It is a nice light spicy scent while it lasts but that is not for very long.

For an ordinary fragrance in an extraordinary bottle check out Zanzibar, but if you want to be noticed and smell nice then there are better options

Maddyrain
Maddyrain

It ain't no secret why "Zanzibar" was discontinued. Though good and invinting, it doesn't offer anything really unique.

On my skin, it's a short-lived fragrance with a gorgeous citrus/peppery opening act that soon becomes a quiet woody drydown. In my opinion, the pepper never really leaves the stage, but you certainly could expect a little bit more from such interesting brand.

I don't find the bottle to be astoning at all; it's actually quite simple: a plain glass rectangle with a tacky red plastic top. Its main problem must be the spray position, which makes things difficult.

An average fragrance with moderate to weak staying power and sillage that doesn't really offer a new experience.

tomerits
tomerits

a great spring/summer scent for day and night time.too bad they stop making this one but luckily i have 85% of a 100ml bottle stil full,one of my summer favorites.love it.
my rank 4.5/5.

lovescully
lovescully

Jeca summed this up perfectly when she described it as like "African wind".

Like Africa it conjures up thoughts of dark wood, heat and spices; yet like the wind it's sometimes strong and sometimes fleeting.

I do really like this one for a change to my usual Summer rotation of aquatics and fresh fruity scents, but I do wish that the overall initial effect of wood, heat and spice lasted a bit longer.

P.S. The bottle's gorgeous to look at in person, but the shape and position of the nozzle makes it difficult to use!

An honest woody/citrus fragrance with some spices thrown in. Nice opening opposed to a faint woody drydown. Overall Zanzibar smells fine but don't expect something particularly artistic or distinctive. Average quality.

Weak lasting power.

guest_pauly
guest_pauly

donde puedo comprar el perfume zanzibar de van cleef? la ultima vez fue hace 5 años y lo compre en la zona franca de punta arenas(chile),

andrew85
andrew85

oh my god, why this perfume has been discontinued?? oh lord why? the most fresh, exotic and sofisticaded fragrane that i have smelt.., this is UNIQUE... please i want the return of Zanzibar... i am tired of all the Chanels sports version out there... this is an unique fresh fume...

Sissi
Sissi

Masculine enough for a Man but Feminine
enough that a bold daring that defies
convention The opening begins with a
zesty blast of Lemon it dries down
to an spicy Cardamom and Black Pepper
and third Ginger the drydown starts off
with sweet cloves warm Amber and Hot
Sandalwood to make this Colonge a Gem.

I can picture Clark Gable duking it out
with Ava Gardner in the Battle of the
wits & sharp tongues from Mogambo
or going to an hunting expitition on the african Serengetti or going to an
Zanzibar Bazaar full of bright colors
of red yellow orange gold with the
scent of curry and spices being sold
incense buring Oriental and Baltik rugs
being hanged for us to show.

A beautiful piece of work they put in this scent.

Sultan
Sultan

this is a very unique fragrance, and spiceless because discontinued. VC&A very often kills very rare and beautiful fragrances like Zanzibar and Birmane. pity. for those who still have it like I do - use wisely ;)

mado17
mado17

One of the best fragrances ever, wonderfully balanced, elegant, classy, shame it was discontinued, I am using the little amount in my bottle very cautiously now...sometimes designers discontinue the best scents in their lines...that was what happend with VC&A!

jeca
jeca

I like this scent, hot woody spicy, but really light and easy to wear. I expected the heady red hot and heavy scent, but it's so airy, like African wind.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Van Cleef & Arpels Zanzibar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Van Cleef & Arpels Zanzibar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Zanzibar by Van Cleef & Arpels. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Zanzibar by Van Cleef & Arpels represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay