Designers » T-Z » Floral « Groups

Romantic Wish Victoria`s Secret for women

Romantic Wish Victoria`s Secret for women
dislike

ozonic

Romantic Wish by Victoria`s Secret is a Floral fragrance for women. Romantic Wish was launched in 2000. The fragrance features freesia, cucumber and floral notes.

Freesia Cucumber Floral Notes

Romantic Wish Fragrance Reviews

QueenieBee
QueenieBee

I can't remember if this was listed here before or not, because it seems like I was trying to look up the notes and couldn't find it...

Anyway, so ol' Vicky and I aren't the best of friends. I've never been a fan of the store or the 'fumes, since most of it comes off as....well, not to offend anyone who is a loyal customer, but for me most of the stuff from VS has associations with specific types of people I have known who were quite trashy. (Sorry, I know it's just ONE group of people and not indicative of everyone who shops there!)

Most VS scents have become synonymous in my brain with all the women I've hated to be around over the years: obnoxious, vapid, and (harmfully) promiscuous. I'm not judging these people for their choices -to each their own- it's more that I ABHORE rudeness. Like, bragging during a business lunch with elderly people present about how you gave some married dude an std - kind of rudeness. Or the type of co-worker who reeks of unwashed ass, seamen, and too much perfume who bums a ride to work because her baby-daddy didn't come home last night and then lights up a fucking cigarette in your car without asking if it's okay first.

Then there's the rude women who work at VS. The ones who go out of their way to be asshats to anyone who doesn't look like the models in the advertisements. Well, the models don't even look like the ads, so I really don't understand that mindset... Or why you would chase away potential business with a shitty attitude. Did they miss that scene in "Pretty Woman" or something? Srsly.

And now that I probably sound like some prude who needs to get down off her high-horse...

So! I can't really wear her perfumes because they give me whorable (pun!) headaches. They are so strong and invasive and they usually all have some kind of variation of vanilla and amber that is out to ruin my day. On top of that, they are next to impossible to wash off. That being said, I was completely taken aback to learn this perfume was a Victoria's Secret creation. My sister had this many, many years ago and I never thought much of it other than it was a really pretty scent. Then one day she was downsizing her collection and gave the half-empty bottle to me and my (snobbish) mind was somewhat blown.

This is nothing like Vicky's usual fare. It's very delicate, sweet, clean, and lightly floral. Strangely enough, I very much dislike the notes listed in everything else I've tried with them. However, here, they create something altogether lovely. I'm not entirely convinced there isn't some raspberry in here, as there is a fruity-sweet note that seems unaccounted for. The cucumber is balanced so perfectly as to almost be undetectable to my nose - and trust me, B&BW's "Cucumber Melon" taught me to recognize cucumber pretty quickly...*shudder*

All in all, this was a surprsingly happy acquisition. Perhaps I'll give Vicky's perfume rapsheet another gander to see if there are other hidden gems.

I have the old school version. The smooth glass bottle with it's shiny gold cap, simple labeling, and violet-colored liquid is pleasing in a somewhat minimalist way. So unassuming, so inoffensive. A+

A light, even application lasted me 2-3 hours and applying over lotion or other oil-based product gave longer-lasting results. Keep in mind, however, that this scent seems to "bloom" in the drydown. If you are sensitive, err on the side of light, if you are the type to go for strong scents, you probably won't get much out of this one unless you douse yourself. Although it goes slightly "hairspray"-y when used in abundance. Could be a fluke of my nose, but something to keep in mind.

A similar scent I found is Scentsy's "Enchanted Mist" solid perfume. It has a slightly more fruity note to it, but the two layer well and enhance each other.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Victoria`s Secret Romantic Wish fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Victoria`s Secret Romantic Wish, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Romantic Wish by Victoria`s Secret. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Romantic Wish by Victoria`s Secret represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Mugler Alien Essence Absolue Jennifer Lopez Still Prada Prada Candy L`Occitane en Provence Eau de Vanilliers Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint Dolce&Gabbana By Victoria`s Secret Amber Romance Prada L`Eau Ambree Jessica Simpson Fancy Love Elizabeth Taylor Black Pearls Ralph Lauren Romance Versace Versense Lush Lust Victoria`s Secret Pure Seduction Prada Infusion d'Iris Victoria`s Secret Secret Crush Bath and Body Works Moonlight Path Jo Malone London Dark Amber & Ginger Lily Jo Malone London Wood Sage & Sea Salt Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy Gold Couture