Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Bonbon Viktor&Rolf for women
dislike

I have it: 746 I had it: 134 I want it: 1158 My signature: 24

caramel
Bonbon Viktor&Rolf for women Pictures Bonbon Viktor&Rolf for women Pictures Bonbon Viktor&Rolf for women Pictures Bonbon Viktor&Rolf for women Pictures

Viktor & Rolf launched a new women's fragrance called Bonbon in the spring of 2014. This fragrance named after the candy aims at women who celebrate the pleasure and self-indulgence, as well as moments of relaxation and enjoyment.

The fragrance comes in a pink bottle shaped as a wrapped candy. Its composition is signed by Cecile Matton and Serge Majoullier. The key note is caramel, surrounded by aromas of mandarin, orange and peach at the top; flowers of orange blossom and jasmine in the heart; and cedar, guaiac wood, sandalwood and amber in the base.

Model Edita Vilkeviciute is the face of the campaign, shot by photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin. The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Mandarin Orange Orange Peach

Bonbon Couture
Le Rêve Nirmala

Bonbon Fragrance Reviews

WildDove

Finally got a chance to experience Bon Bon. Loved the opening, but it quickly dried down to Viva la Juicy and stayed there, with too much amber for my taste. Beautiful bottle, but awkward to spray. Will "pass" on this one.

vintage.doll
vintage.doll

This is intoxicating. It goes on very fresh and citrusy and then the drydown is like a peach strudel with lots of confectioners sugar. Reminds me of my moms Versace woman but sweeter.

I don't usually go for warm fragrances but something's keeping this from becoming overly sweet/suffocating. What I love about bonbon is that after a long day of wearing, it just makes my skin smell naturally sweeter. There's no lingering musk or artificial perfume leftover smell. It's one of two perfumes I constantly get complimented on. A few guys have came up and asked me what perfume I'm wearing so they can buy it for their significant other. It's so pretty and timeless.

Ggillespie
Ggillespie

I just purchased this-blind buy. It's hard to describe for me, as far as notes, but I really like it. I definitely smell caramel, but not in an artificial or cloying way. And it's not similar to Flowerbomb. I would never have guessed these were related in any way. I had planned on buying the Bonbon Spring and Summer if I liked this, but I think this will be light enough for spring and maybe even summer. 20 minutes in, I smell the caramel still, vanilla and spices. I don't get any musk or powder, which is a good thing for me. It doesnt seem like it projects well and I don't think the silage great either, but it was worth the buy for me. It's exactly the kinda stuff I'm into-sweet and slightly spicy but no where near annoying or loud.

aquarius_moon
aquarius_moon

I gave this one a quick try while shopping for something else. I can confirm the longevity is terrible—and as for other impressions, I can't say much because it's gone! Still, Candy performed hardly better on me, so maybe it's something about me and caramel. (Candy Kiss does much better than either.)

For the fleeting hour the two spritzes lasted, I did find Bonbon *very* pretty. It was a pleasant surprise because I loathed Flowerbomb. I wouldn't say the two have much in common—at least, not enough to make an opinion of one of them based on the other. Bonbon seems like my kind of gourmand—not cloying and not so convincingly edible as to make me want to raid the fridge. I don't quite have need of it right now, but I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping an eye on it.

scentist
scentist

Had the most interesting experience regarding perfumes a few months ago. I could smell a sexy, non-sweet musky fragrance when I passed my colleague's office. The scent reminded me of Impulse La Pantera perfumed deodorant which I liked very much back in the days. I asked my colleague was she was wearing and it was Bonbon. I was surprised because when I smelled the bottle I found it very
syrupy but apparently you have to have the right chemistry or the sweetness just fades away after a while.

Decadence85
Decadence85

Yes, the previous review is definitely on point. And it does make me think of In Control Britney Spears. Not worth the hefty price and glad I only have a sample!

ell_bee
ell_bee

For such a pricey bottle, I was expecting something rather intense... a rich, decadent, sugar bomb of sorts.

Yeah, no. This is rather unremarkable. It's pretty enough, but way too generic-enter-random-celebrity-perfume-name-here dupe for such an expensive fragrance, and way too subtle for my tastes. I can barely smell it on myself a couple hours into wear, it just kind of faded into sweet oblivion. The orange blossom note was most prominent on me, and while it was nice, it barely lasted.

Meanwhile, Fancy by Jessica Simpson is a fantastic, almost sickeningly sugary, sticky, fruity sillage monster that will cure the strongest sweet tooth and follow you around for hours. It also costs about $120 less than this one at any given discount retail store. For more sophistication, La Parfum by Elie Saab is a gorgeous honeyed orange blossom fragrance that's both sweet and sultry. I'll keep those two in my arsenal and keep my bank account in the black before I spend what V&R are asking for a bottle of Bon Bon.

cedar_lea
cedar_lea

Very syrupy and sweet perfume. For me it's a perfume first with many blended notes that I can't pick out under a nice sweet carmel. Stylistically I'm not a fan of this type, although I know many people are.

The drydown smelled like chocolate and root beer to my partner and is one of the few scents he's reacted positively to. It seems more like a hanae mori type vanilla to me though.

MEOWITSTERRA
MEOWITSTERRA

To me, this smells like Viva la Juicy Noir with some added caramel, but slightly more sophisticated.

It opens up sugary and warm with some red fruit and orange blossom, and then retains a sweet caramel musk for the rest of the wear.

It only last about four hours on my arm, but I know that if I hydrate beforehand, I can get a few more hours.

If you like gourmand florals like Flowerbomb or Juicy Couture, this might be for you.

Fabulous Janice
Fabulous Janice

From the opening I get a lot of peach and caramel. It's syrupy IMO. I don't find it to be a light gourmand. It's not milky or creamy. It's like syrup. I find it to be like many others on the market right now. It's not very unique at all. It is exactly as stated in the notes, and description here on this site. It's not horrible, it's just not as special as one would think for the price range. I would say the projection is good, longevity is good as well. It's like a sweet lollipop with a Caramel bite in the middle. It does have some floral to it, but not a bunch. In the dry down you still get the sweetness, but then the musk starts to kick in more. I'm a gourmand junkie indeed, but this is sugar in a bottle lol. Xox

amna723
amna723

After YEARS of wanting to sniff this but always forgetting to do so at Sephora I finally got my hands on a sample vial. Anyway...this is nothing special in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it is really nice, but it smells like a combination of so many other perfumes! It's a sultry, sweet, musky fragrance. It reminds me a lot of armani code, beyonce heat, guess gold and prada candy l'eau. It's not a warm delicious caramel scent (like let's say Viva La Juicy Gold), but rather a sultry, spicy scent. The lasting power is horrendous. I can barely smell the wrist I doused myself 15 minutes later.

Sorryifiloveyou
Sorryifiloveyou

Same atmosphere with Flowerbomb... Gourmand and Gourmand...

Sweet with juicy taste...

Not similar with Viva La Juicy, nothing gourmand in Viva La Juicy... But smell so good...

Pretty and Yummy ^_^

Toronto_pro
Toronto_pro

Those who are not into what I call "candy shop scents" may not like it.

It is a "candy shop scent", however the expensive one and of a good quality (it doesn't turn into soap or baby shampoo a few hours later). Well-balanced and more sophisticated, than cheaper drug store comparables, at least on my skin.

I am glad it was a Christmas miniature version (the one that is sold with a shower gel and a lotion) - there have been too many similar scents for the past 10 years, which I already own.

It is NOT powdery (which my skin appreciates).

It does smell like fresh baked pastry in some European coffee shop, however, like I said, the quality is exceptional and it is long lasting (on my "difficult" skin that eats all the delicate and subtle scents right away, especially floral and powdery).

Overall I am glad I bough it, won't give it away :).

Saneko
Saneko

Smells really sweet and good, luv it!. Is just like Rihanna Reb'l Fleur but last long and I think that maybe is a little sweeter than Riri's. The bottle is just sooooo cute and the perfume I use it for the daily and the body mist from Rihanna for the gym and no one can tell the difference. I save a lot of money!

ppofsummer
ppofsummer

I am not a gourmand lover and prefer woody/floral fragrance. I bought an 1oz bottle just for the bottle...really like the design and it is well made indeed. I spray it from times to times when I take it out of my drawer to appreciate the lovely bottle, and it gradually grows on me. On me peach and citrus notes are very noticeable, especially in the opening, which is a very good combination with the creamy caramel. Citrus notes light up the caramel which sometimes smells cloy to me and the caramel balance the citrus which usually gives me too much "zing". Bonbon smells like festivals to me, like the fruity creamy candies in the cold winter. On the other hand, it has some depth. The dry down gets warmer and deeper. It becomes more sensual and alluring. It is less sweet in the dry down, but anyway I don't feel it overly sweet at any stage. Longevity is good, sillage is soft on me.

I also have a small bottle of Viva La Juicy. I like VLJ, but in my sense they are not similar. VLJ is more floral, and not as deep. VLJ is more girly, energetic and happier, meanwhile Bonbon is more mature and smells like it has some stories to tell...

mehrdad
mehrdad

با احترام
یک عطر شیرین و کاراملی خوب و عالی از برند ویکتور اند رالف
عطری بسیار جذاب و خوشبو که اکثریت بانوان از رایحه آن راضی و با استشمام آن جذبش می گردند.
وجود نت های کارامل - هلو - عنبر - چوب صندل - پرتغال - شکوفه مرکبات - نارنج - چوب صدر - چوب گایاک وعطر گل یاس کار دلچسبی را فراهم آورده است .
جزو کارهای خوب زنانه در این چند سال اخیر می باشد که بعد از ادکلن پرفروش و بی رقیب اسپایس بامب از همین برند توانسته است از فروش و استقبال خوبی برخوردار شود
جهت مناسبت ها
مهمانی های رسمی
ملاقات های بیزینسی
و حتی استفاده روزانه در محیط کار برای بانوان مدیر و ارشد و بانوان کارمند مناسب می باشد.
با احترام
گالری عطر مهرداد

Minnie02
Minnie02

When I first tried this perfume, I was like "meh". Then about half an hour later, on the dry down, I fell in love! The initial spray I find a bit sharp so I make sure to spray it about half an hour before leaving.

After that, I get a bit of orange and chocolate (yummy!) for a short time, and then the dry down is that addictive caramel smell that lasts for several hours. It doesn't have that yucky powdery business, just nice soft caramel.

It's expensive but it's absolutely worth the price. I only got a small bottle to try it out but I have a feeling I'll be out to get the large one sooner than later!

VMonster
VMonster

I ordered 2 tiny samples of this and oooooh is it good! Yes, it's sweet, but not at all cloying. The caramel plays nicely with the fruitier notes laid gently over top of the woods and amber. I would say this is sophisticated sweet. I can't imagine an occasion for which this would be inappropriate, honestly. The sillage is very small, I can't smell it on myself unless I sniff my wrist, lol. Longevity is medium. I want this perfume in a full size but it is so expensive!

catherineelizabethjames12
catherineelizabethjames12

I love how many different citrus notes this perfume contains, yet it is at not at all overpowering (after the initial spray of course!) The gourmand caramel is beautiful with the citrus, and refreshingly original. Not plain or boring. If i go into a chemist sometimes when I come out i won't be able to tell one scent from like, five different ones. This is one that's definitely one you wear to be recognised! Can tell instantly what scent it is! It's a beautiful classy caramel scent with amazing citrus notes. Also love that it contains the scents peach, wood, amber and jasmine as well! Different, but a georgeous touch nevertheless. And the bottle... i could buy it just for the bottle, how adorably feminine is that?

maddyrenel
maddyrenel

7.5/10
Sweet caramel but not sickly. Amazing and delicious.
Longevity - 8 hours. Sillage - moderate.

chakalitpasshun
chakalitpasshun

Grown up candy. The dry down is my fave. Sweet but not cloyingly, sticky sweet. The kind that you can hear when you open up a decadent piece of chocolate and it melts in your mouth. I have so many "fragrance personalities" as I like to call them and only buy myself small sizes, but I went out and bought the biggest bottle of this because I know I want to wear this for a long time.

Coconut_Smores
Coconut_Smores

Oh, Bonbon! This is the fragrance that started my gourmand obsession. There really is nothing else quite like it.

Bonbon wraps you in a cloud of caramel sugar. It's warm, cozy, sweet, and decadent. At first glance, yes, it bears similarities to Fantasy. But Bonbon is much more rich, buttery, and long lasting.

There's nothing "dark" about this one. Bonbon is very well-represented by the deep fuchsia color of the bottle. It's an undeniably feminine fragrance, delightful and young, more flirty than femme fatale.

If you're on the fence because of the overwhelmingly sweet initial blast, spray it on an article of clothing and come back to it. That's what made me fall in love with it. There is a juicy complexity at play here--the peach and mandarin notes are so subtly well-blended that they can be hard to smell on oneself. It's worth noting that my boyfriend at the time, a notorious hater of ALL perfumes, leaned in and said, "Mmm...wait, what is that? You smell really good!" That's when I realized this was truly something special. Warm, gooey, sugary, juicy, delightful.

ladenu
ladenu

Sweet Caramel! this is really nice for anyone who likes to feel girly. Bon bon is positively sweet and uplifting scent for both day & night wear.

Soofiya
Soofiya

I wanted to buy this beauty for such a long time and finally it's mine
If you love sweet creamy caramel scents as I do,it's a must have for you
Bonbon is a love child of viva la juicy gold and Britney Spears curious in control,so no wonder I find it adorable
It opens with sweet peach and orange,without any citrus zest more like a fruit liquor with some creamy white florals and caramel sweetness which melt in warm buttery caramel and balmy woods in drydown,simply divine!
It's very feminine,a mood lifter and delicious
Lasting power is great,sillage is huge at first which reduces to moderate after sometime,all in all very satisfying projection
I even like it's cute bottle
I can see no similarities between Bonbon and flowerbomb,except that both are sweet and well projecting,I like both of them
Now I'm planning to try bonbon couture but I was unlucky upto now.it's nowhere here :(

Dua86
Dua86

Love, love love ❤️❤️❤️This is such a creamy caramel fragrance. The orange is not that intense for me which is a good thing.
After atleast 2 hours i can smell the middle notes of a creamy gourmand sort for quite a long time. There is also a woody note present.
Longevity is around 6 hours and silage ia moderate for me i dont want to choke people with all my sweet scents!
The bottle is so attractive! hot pink is such a draw for me. Price may put people off but it is a winner!

SheShe
SheShe

It reminds me of Viva La Juicy a bit and a bit of Vera Wang, Pink Princess. I don't know why, but the sillage is weak on me and the fragrance stays close to skin after an hour maybe. I don't like that. In fact, this is a kind of pink with a hint of something darker, a bit spicy, sweet and similar to many other pinks - yet more mature maybe. Easy to wear, I'm not wowed - though I like it. Flowerbomb made more impression on me.
Caramel note shows the most after a few hours, mixed with musk I don't see listed.
I got to know it during autumn and it fits this season well.

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor
DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

This is a smoky, swirling confection on me. Burnt sticky caramel and musk. I wanted so badly to experience the long lasting sillage others spoke of, but I do have dry skin and a serious illness that affects my perfumes sometimes. I have smelled this on another lady and it was pure heaven. It was like being in the finest confectionaries in Europe. Magic, joy, laughter and raw sensuality. Maybe I should just stay near her and inhale! As for myself, I get about 3 to 4 hours and arms length sillage. For that I would recommend buying discount for other perfume eaters. I do get complimented and others think it is delicious and very sexy. I have experimented with layering it with Versace Bright Crystal Absolu, or lavender essential oil for bedtime. Both work marvelously and add an incrediable depth.

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

Wow...this one is disappointing. It smells like a poorly made celebrity perfume. It has the scent of burnt, bitter caramel mixed with some citrus. It's sort of like a toned down Cancan by Paris Hilton. But unlike Paris Hilton's scent, it has this cheap drug store aerosol perfume spray musk at the base. The scent from further away is not bad, but there are celebrity perfumes out there that are much better, so I wouldn't waste my money.

MaryAddiction
MaryAddiction

Had a few samples and didn't think it was special enough for me to buy, but it grew on me and I started craving it more and more. I fell in love with this and had to have a bottle. Very long lasting especially on clothes, fairly good lasting power on my skin.

Nikki24
Nikki24

Love this. Does smell a little like a more mature BS fantasy. My boyfriend really likes it too.

PinkRainbow
PinkRainbow

Sweet but subtle caramel surrounded by flowers. In such an attractive bottle for a vanity!

mirisfrik
mirisfrik

Starts very sweet and candy-bonbon-like. After some time on my skin, it turns to coconut cake (like rafaello or something like that). Delicious, but not my type of perfume

jinjun
jinjun

I like it. The bottle is lovely amd the scent is sweet and fresh, very candy like.

yesido
yesido

Like most people who love Flowerbomb, I had high expectations for BONBON. However, I was let down by the first spritz. It smells nothing of oranges. On me, the caramel is evident. Longevity is only 30 minutes.

CruellaDeFabulous
CruellaDeFabulous

I LOVE flowerbomb and so I have high expectations of anything by Viktor&rolf. This honestly smells like a bowl of rotting berries. Just no.

ms.serenity
ms.serenity

I LOVE this perfume! I was lucky to get the 1.7oz for a little over $60 and it's definitely worth it! Bonbon is an intensely sweet fragrance that works well with my skin chemistry. It's a little dangerous though because I find myself wanting to eat cookies every time I spray this lol. I'm quite surprised that I liked this because I honestly couldn't stand Flowerbomb. Probably because I find the notes to blend better in this one whereas in Flowerbomb, it seemed that the floral notes were fighting with each other.

Standout notes: caramel, sandalwood, peach, and amber (personally i get whiffs of vanilla but it could be the caramel tricking my nose).

Dupes (is that even a term used for perfumes?): Pour Femme Intense. Smells so similar and I'm sure it's cheaper. Personally I like Bonbon a little better because of the drydown.

angiec777
angiec777

I am a chocolatier/decorator in a candy store and sometimes wear this to work because it's so appropriate. The caramel is the most noticeable note. At least, it is when I'm at work. This seems to me what Viva La Juicy was driving at but fell short. It's very similar to VLJ to me but significantly less synthetic and trashy. The notes in Bonbon are more honest and true to form than VLJ, if that makes sense. I would absolutely not recommend this to women over 30 because it is so sticky sweet but for the younger crowd it's very impressive, charming and stands out more than a lot of the very popular gourmands.

nadia11
nadia11

this is a lovely perfume. Smelt it on a collague at work, and instantly was hooked, however looking at the price, it is seriously overpriced for a sweet perfume like this one. This is similar fantasy, Britney spears. Way too overpriced. Would I buy it? probably not, I would love it as a gift, but wouldn't fork out the money for a "sweet perfume" as this

Zleepyzoe
Zleepyzoe

I asked my boyfriend to buy me the full size bottle of this for my birthday even though I had never tried it so I was quite nervous, but it just arrived today and wow. For both of us it was instant love, it smells so lovely, sweet and cosy! My nose has been constantly attached to my wrist ever since I tried it on a couple of hours ago and this became my boyfriend's new favourite perfume of mine.
I love sweet perfumes but have outgrown Britney Spears Fantasy which I used to love, so I wanted something similar but more sophisticated, mature and luxurious; and this is it! It does the price tag justice and I simply can't wait for fall (yes, I do believe it's a fragrance suitable for fall/winter) to come so I can use this everyday.
Even though the notes are quite different it has some strong similarities to D&G's Pour Femme in the drydown, I find Bonbon to be a tad less powdery though and perhaps even more wearable for evenings although I would prefer it daytime.
LOVE it!!

Blossom Dreams
Blossom Dreams

I never thought I'd buy a bottle of this. When Bonbon first came out I thought it was tacky and overdone. Flowerbomb was super sweet but somehow subtle and tasteful. This was even sweeter and in a lolly-shaped bottle. I took one look and one sniff and thought, "That's the end for you, Viktor&Rolf". I've walked past Bonbon for years thinking it was rubbish, but today my eye fell upon the limited edition bottle with the sparkly bow and it was so beautiful that I tried the fragrance again and loved it! So I now have the bottle with the sparkly bow! The scent is really similar to Flowerbomb, Dior's Poison Girl and YSL's Black Opium EDT. Bonbon is a delicious gourmand fragrance and the notes blend beautifully. I adore the orange and peach opening, then it morphs into caramel, cotton candy, and home made apple pie. It's like walking into an old fashioned candy shop. The staying power is excellent on this.

EDIT: I've got the limited edition 20ml bottle as well now AND the 200ml body cream, which is to-die-for!

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

Seriously you like Bonbon? I was impressed from it's notes, bottle and house of Victor&Rolf, mostly when I was in love with my ever first signature Viva la Juicy by Juicy Couture and wanted to change into a more 'serious' one.

If a perfume doesn't tickle my olfactory nerves, I am not getting impressed or judge that easy. I've learned it from fragrantica. Bonbon is exactly the same feeling famous Flowerbomb gives. I mean they are as similar as a same named perfume, slightly different notes, example EDP & EDT editions.

As I said, I was looking for a more mature gourmandise but that was way more mature. Oldish-like actually. Mute, tasteless, somehow synthetically fruity with a faint citrus-caramel hug. Where's peach? Peach = nectar for me and here it looks like it battles strong woods and it loses in seconds. Oranges+peach+jasmine+caramel+sandalwood+amber = supposed to give a creamy pleasant result but all I get is a woody, edgy, old coutured style of perfume that doesn't have something to say.

Most of it's more important players/notes are at least weak. I'll give it a second chance for sure, no offence to people that love it, it's just my opinion but I guess because of it, Prada Candy that I also dislike looks like heaven. Flowerbomb is just the same muteness in a combination of too many notes, you say goodbye to faint caramel/peach/woods and you say hello to patchouli/tea/white powder. To end with, why I have a feeling Bonbon is discontinued and in it's place comes a Couture edition?

tahia_loky
tahia_loky

Súper dulce !! Es rico sin embargo encuentro el olor súper genérico, se distingue el caramelo ideal para el invierno. Nada fuera de lo común, por el precio no conviene.

dromspel
dromspel

Lovely bottle but it's just too sweet to my nose.

Rotorwife
Rotorwife

I love this perfume! A very sweet and caramel like scent that lasts and lasts (6+ hours on me). For me it is a very comforting scent that just gives me good vibes all day. Some say it is too sweet but I don't feel that way. It is not tooth rotting sweet like Pink Sugar. It is a little more subdued and grown up. I think BonBon is very well blended and the dry down is heavenly. I have gotten numerous compliments wearing this one and my husband really loves it also . This is one of my favorites for sure!

fluffy white clouds
fluffy white clouds

I just got this in the mail today and i LOVE it! WOW! it smells so good on me!

wootforDOLCE&GABBANA
wootforDOLCE&GABBANA

OH MY GOSH I LOVE THIS FRAGRANCE!!!!!!

jovejove

I put the body cream on today before I went to work at 7am, no fragrance, just the cream. It's now 9:30pm and it's subtle, but still pretty potent in scent. I love it so much! It's super creamy in scent and decadent. The creams of any scent works so much better for me than the fragrances themselves. I smell yummy! ;P

mystica
mystica

I have a complicated relationship with Viktor Rolf Bon Bon. It's pretty much like coming close and staying away in intervals. Whenever I smell it in a store, it keeps me thinking, should I pay the full price and get it or not...

Truth be told, it's not something unique enough to deserve its full price. The bottle is tacky. The scent is tacky :) It's sweet though, in every way, and I like it for the reason.

You really need to be a big fan of sweet scents to enjoy this, but I rather have quite a selective approach to gourmands, if the case isn't some cheapies...

Quality wise, Bon Bon is well-made, but it still isn't in that place to deserve the price tag. I would use it if somebody had gifted it to me. And it screams "winter" for me. I don't think this much candy sweetness is a good idea in such a cloying heat where I sweat doing nothing...

raw umber
raw umber

A denser Viva la Juicy with more caramelized vanilla in the base. Sometimes VLJ seems a bit diluted to me, a little like it has been cut with water that has a plastic aftertaste.

Bon Bon doesn't have that element as strongly, and focuses on the fruit, florals and "caramel", but they are honestly VERY very similar. I love Viva la Juicy for casual days, so I enjoy this one even more because it is essentially VLJ-Plus.

Also, I was worried this would be overwhelmingly saccharin, but have found it to be less cloying than Flowerbomb and LVeB, and it's nowhere near Pink Sugar territory at least with the amount of sprays I use.

Thank you you the kind swapper who sent me a sample. If anyone in the U.S. has this up for swap, please send me a PM. Thanks!

Luke Travers
Luke Travers

Was looking for a present for my sisters birthday, I tried this in the shop and thought it smelt like a chewed up kids sweet and probably suited for 20 year olds and below, so I chose Estée Lauder one instead.

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

My daughter went through a 100ml bottle of Curious In Control and V&R Bon Bon is identical. If you loved In Control you will love Bon Bon -except for the hefty price tag.

Nessers
Nessers

This is my favourite Gourmand fragrance . it is a grown up sugar sultry scent, and in my opinion significantly better than Flowerbomb.

I personally think Flowerbomb is overrated, and I already know I will get Flack for this, but I am none the less going to State my opinion: Bonbon is significantly better, desirable, and my personal favorite from the designer house .

I said this is a grown up your version because, of course, you smell caramel and the sugary goodness associated with its fragrance, but you're also smell the sandalwood and a subtle cedar. If you are a fan of Prada's Candy you absolutely will love this fragrance. Even more so.

I wanted to love candy, but it was just too linear, depthless for me . there is no sex appeal to candy . I feel Bonbon has that and more . you honestly have to try it . the first time I put it on I made love to my boyfriend all night because I felt sexy . me feeling sexy is more important than anything . Bonbon does that for me.

Lola36*2
Lola36*2

Take description! (Da gusto así:) I have on my next purchases last year, but if you have that air at the new poison (which already have...) I hope like me to BONBON COUTURE version! Thanks Lito!

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

When I first got my decant of bonbon, I was pretty unimpressed. It smelt a lot like viva la juicy, and I don't like that one.
This is probably my fifth or sixth time wearing it, and I do admit it has kinda grown on me. This smells like sticky, fruity candy that is too much...but I can't help but think it's kinda fun. I like fragrances that remind me of fun days socializing with girls in my age group (23-27).
The fragrance market seems to market a lot of things for being attractive to the opposite sex, but this one is for the girls. When I spray this on, I'm ready for the mall, dinner, and some exciting gossip!
Syrupy canned peaches over a scoop of salted caramel ice cream, with even more caramel sauce and super sweet fruit sauce. Just piled...piled.

jovejove

There's no patchouli, nor strawberry in the scent...so it's not a fruitchouli :/

anapardo81
anapardo81

I have several gourmand scents. I have a love and hate relationship with them. None are among my favorites, however they are the ones I most wear. I have several VR and this one is my absolute favorite. It smells lovely on my skin which is something I struggle to find. I spray it on my body after I shower. Unlike a few other gourmands I have this one doesn't give me a headache or becomes cloying and annoying.

Me1234
Me1234

The first time I smelled this perfume was in March. I was strolling around the taxfree shop at an airport, and suddenly a wave of sweet, mouth watering, warm goodness hit me. I looked Around and saw this girl by the fragrances. And I stood still until she Walked away, and then I tried to figure out what perfume she had tried on. It was this one. And needless to say, It's been my very favourite ever since. Yum!!!

After reading several reviews here, I was expecting a Britney Spears type of uber-sweet, girly-girl type of perfume.
I finally got around to testing this, and sure enough, it opened up like a very potent Spears concoction and I was immediately disappointed because the perfume market is beyond flooded with these types of fragrances.
But ...
15 minutes passed by and a small miracle took place.
This perfume morphed into a heavenly scent. Sure, it stays sweet, but this baby also has a dark side that balances the sweetness. The only way I can explain it is to say that it is a very mature and sophisticated sweetness. It's definitely not a linear, one-candy-note intended for the teen market, but a sweet, classy perfume for any age females that have a fun personality. Needless to say, I promptly purchased a bottle.
I was astonished at the amount of compliments I received when I gave it a full days wearing. These compliments were from males and females of all ages, and they were very enthusiastic.
This is easily one of the longest lasting perfumes that I own, at least ten hours, and with a super impressive sillage.
I am very, very happy with this purchase, and I would advise anyone trying it for the first time to wear it at least 15 minutes before making a hasty judgement.
Viktor and Rolph have created a sweet masterpiece with Bonbon, and I believe it's well worth the price I paid for it.

Sailor Pluto
Sailor Pluto

I think it's okay.. but I am not a fan of caramel in fragrances.. so I think you really should love caramel to enjoy this. I think Britney Spear's In Control Curious is cheaper for pretty much the same scent.

mellymuffins
mellymuffins

This is surprisingly long lasting! I do have the small mini bottle; do they use the same amount in those that they use in the larger ones?

Either way.... Mmmm... Delicious! I have never tried Britney Spears so I don't know how they compare. But I cannot stop smelling my wrist. Just sweet and creamy, but not cloying, there's a spice or salt in there that keeps it interesting. That being said, Probably what heaven smells like...

Waiting on my 1.7 ounce in the mail. CANNOT. WAIT. :)

blake.lee
blake.lee

This perfume is way too expensive to be smelling like a Britney Spears flanker. I mean it's fine. A sweet, salty, fruity sugar bomb, but awfully unoriginal. I would never guess it was a high end fragrance if I smelled it blind.

renneyg007
renneyg007

This has effectively ruined me for other perfumes. I love it. And at £100 for 100ml bottle its going to ruin me financially. But what a way to go.

auroramaria

I love my Bonbon it's such a bold heady fruity gourmand that will get noticed, I'm just surprised it has not been treated to any flankers yet.Also I would love to see something completely new from V&R

katiesimpsonhair
katiesimpsonhair

Very sweet smelling, addictive and delicious

Thirdly
Thirdly

I had gotten this one before my revelation (that citrus hates me). When it arrived, I enjoyed the scent wafting from the bottle, but after the aforementioned revelation, I was wary of the orange notes. Once again, my chemistry made that orange amplify to the point that the citrus was right up there with the caramel. The peach kept its head hidden beneath the sand like an ostrich because it would just not make its presence known on my skin. In spite of all this, the scent was sweet, but NOT overpowering. Sillage was decent, longevity was decent. This wears well enough on me that I consider it a favorite.

rihabi
rihabi

I've always thought this would be too sweet for me, too much sugary notes, a caramel bomb or whatever, but it's not. There is a huge caramel amount in it, but unlike many other perfumes, this one hides peachy-orange notes and they eventually show up in almost no time, after getting the first few sprayings. It's not one of my favorite perfumes of all time, but i still love it :)

Lil ole bonbon. It's along the lines of baby prostitute but in the best way. I layer it to tone down the sweetness.

elmizakamarulzaman

2nd review - This is my favorite and I rarely wear it because I'm too afraid if it finish too fast - it's given by my boyfriend as birthday gift.

But I wear it again today and the smell never fail to make me fall in love. This is a complex scent I must say - one minute I smell citrus, later I smell peaches, then I smell caramel, another minute I smell vanilla cream and then layers of unrecognized but delicious notes then back to citrus again. Is it only me or other people too?

On my skin it lasts more than 10 hours, the hotter the weather, the stronger smell of citrus detected. Silage is moderate to heavy - but not too heavy. Just nice to make people compliments you.

Should get another bottle for back up.

Madrona
Madrona

This little delicious perfume somehow makes peach work for me. Many have tried and failed, but the peach in this is not just tolerable, it is enjoyable. Looking at the notes one can tell that the white flowers/citrus/sandalwood notes are shared with Armani Code (I feel like whatever I review I always seem to reference that one...) but the most upvoted notes are Bonbon's own.

Smelling this one next to another peachy caramel bomb, Jessica Simpson's Fancy, I must say that Fancy pales in comparison, but it is the closest I have to this in my collection and I am not about to pay Viktor&Rolf prices for a more well-executed version of the same idea.

cstands
cstands

Well, well, well, what have we here? A little bit of AWESOMENESS, I should say! Bonbon (which, by the way, is absolutely PERFECTLY named in a PERFECTLY apt bottle)is so much sweeter than anything I'd usually go for. I "discovered it" on my sister-in-law and it reminded me of a more sophisticated version of Brittany Spears' Fantasy. But wait! Don't stop reading! This really IS sophisticated and beautiful. Citrus (primarily mandarin), peach and CARAMEL dominate, with the lasting power of the caramel being insane! I have very dry skin and nothing lasts on me (insert sad violin music here). But Bonbon?! 12 hours plus! And that includes going for a swim today for two hours AND then having a shower to wash off the chlorine smell. I could not BELIEVE that I still had a very obstinate caramel following me on my wrist after this!
A very gourmand scent, one that my husband loves (yay!) and to me more elegant than the more playful Prada Candy. I'd have to say I love it!

mariamarouli91
mariamarouli91

Caramel and peach are the dominant notes of the scent. Yummy perfume,amazing bottle. Ideal for young women who love sweet,fruity perfumes. The peach becomes quite intense to me.

annisa.a
annisa.a

PERFECT!

Caramel glossed candy, so sweet, but definitely not cloyingly sweet.
Longevity was great.
Mandarin/orange was there as well.

Will I buy it? Heck yes, I'd even rebuy it if I could.
The price is quite expensive though.

But I guess, this perfume would be a wonderful, thoughtful gift to your loved ones.
And if you just wanna make yourself happy, having Bonbon is a great way.

j'adoremissdior
j'adoremissdior

Wow! Bon Bon is a LOVE for me :) sweet, fruity, candy-like, yet still unique to my nose. The peach note is juicy and realistic, and the caramel is extra delectable. Sillage is good. Longevity is ok, but it could have been because i only did a small spritz at the department store. I could NOT stop sniffing my wrist, it's an addicting fragrance. Easily shot to the top of my want list!

UPDATE: longevity is killer! A solid 8 hours and can even smell a little bit of sweet dust still lingering after that. High quality juice!

witchbaby777
witchbaby777

Tried it today for the mere second time since it launched and I really loved it. I may have judged it too quickly the first time and brushed it off as something like Prada Candy which I don't like. Subtly burnt caramel and airy woodsiness.

krissykatpawz81
krissykatpawz81

Im so in love i just got my first 3oz bottleV&R,Bonbon, in the mail,Thisupon first spray before drydown i get a powdery scent of orange&caramel,after that its so smooth so beautiful,so perfect for all noses,those who love sweet&sexy,confident,i still smell sweetness way after drydown&lasts hours,i put mine on today,the weathers warming up&i even washed my wrists by mistake as i was testing&its still on my skin&even smells stronger,after a splash,sprinkle of water,lol,shocking i thought because all reviews maybe a few hours,i put it on 10am today,its 3:20pm,so going on 5hours,anyway my opinion is its worth every drop,love my bonbon!!thank you V&R!!!!

Lucky7z
Lucky7z

I'm so happy I finally added this to my perfumes!! OMG I LOVE IT!!!!

Its sweet & strong right after the 1st initial sprays but the dry down is heaven!!!

On me its a very caramel/vanilla/peach with hints of amber on me. The sillage & longevity of this on me is amazing!!!

This is another perfume that I get complimented on when I wear it.

*I see a lot of reviews that compare this to Britney's Fantasy (wich I also love) and while I agree its similar but IMO Bonbon is on a higher level & can hold its own.

jovejove

The one thing about this fragrance I find is, if you give it a chance to settle, it's not as sweet. It gives you that same positive aura like Flowerbomb, full bodied, but only very sweet on the opening, and a subtle sweetness on the dry down that gives it probably the title of most sophisticated modern (key word modern) gourmand to recently come out. Lasts forever and only one spray will do. I love the body products more though, they're more subtle and sit nicer I find.

Kione
Kione

To me this is very similar to Britney Spears' Fantasy, only with a slight more tropical hint. But in my skin they are both so similar that for the price difference I would buy Fantasy. I am not a gourmand fan but sometimes we need a little sweetness, just because you feel like it. These two work on those occasions for me.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

Hot damn, this is good!!!!

I'm a gourmand lover, the sweeter the better!

Does this smell like Britney's In Control? Kinda. If you like In Control, you should like this... but BonBon is far more fruity and juicy whereas In Control is a creamy darker vanilla gourmand. BonBon def does smell like a caramel peach pie!

I bit the bullet and did a blind buy on this, and it's a win! Delicious. I did a paper test as soon as it came, but I won't be able to wear it until late tonight when I change out of my work clothes.

Not that close to Prada Candy, which is a very dry caramel floral scent to me. But again, if you like Candy, you will prob like BonBon, they aren't dupes, but the same type of scent.

I think I prefer In Control only because I don't have to feel guilty for wearing it at home. It's cheap. :)

I am smelling apples in BonBon. Fresh red apple. Weird.

Oh the drydown is getting close to In Control, but still has that peach/apple topping to it.

Another similarity... upon drydown that apple smell is reminding me of the creamy apple Hugo Boss Orange EDP. (I'll never understand why something called ORANGE has mainly apple... but whatever... *wink*)

When worn, this does remind me of Fancy, but more fruity and way less cloying. It also resembles Princess Night and Amor Amor In a Flash. I have every single scent mentioned, but I do love this Bon bon.
The downside being it's weakness and price. This should be a potent bomb for the price.

lord montifer
lord montifer

I was very curious about this one as I love caramel and was intrigued by the notes. I was prepared for sweetness but not on this scale! Sadly I was disappointed by this one. I found it nauseatingly sickly I'm afraid. While the caramel was as sweet as you would expect, nothing else seemed to tone that sweetness down or ground it on me. Glad I tried it though, maybe on someone else skin it might be less sugary.

ntabassum92
ntabassum92

I gave this another try today, and it's grown on me. It is very sweet, and VERY strong when you first spray it on. I sprayed on my usual amount, and I felt very self conscious walking around - I felt like everyone must be choked by my perfume cloud! But no one commented on it, so maybe it was alright.

The scent is sweet, warm, peachy - like peachy pie. It smells really good, and lasts fairly well. But I guess I'm still not a huge fan of this one because I feel like I've smelled a lot of celebrity fragrances that smell so similar. It's not a particularly unique smell, and it doesn't smell as unique as the price would warrant...Flowerbomb is more unique.

perfumemad62
perfumemad62

I am a fan of Flowerbomb however I am a gourmand girl at heart so I thought Bon Bon was ideal for me.

This is gonna sound crazy but Bon Bon smells so exotic on my skin! It almost has a tropical vibe to it. Totally unexpected! I can detect the peach, caramel, amber, jasmine and sandalwood. This did not last as long on my skin as Flowerbomb does, which is very disappointing considering the price you pay.

Overall, I am very surprised at how this fragrance works with my chemistry! Sweet, warm and exotic. I personally feel this is very expensive for what you get, I would be happy if I was gifted this however I will not be splashing out on this one.

QueenieBee
QueenieBee

A candy-ish amber, white floral. Cute bottle. Won't be wearing though, gives me a bad headache.

JezzaN1
JezzaN1

I bought this for my girlfriend for christmas, and it's safe to say she loved it!

After being enamoured with the way Spicebomb smells on me, she tried out a few of Viktor & Rolf's women's perfumes and automatically decided this one was a winner. A very sweet, fruity and caramel feminine scent that manages to be all of those things without being cloying or sickly.

Lauren Da

First of all the longevity of bonbon is phenomenal! Just one spray on clothes is enough for more than one day and if u use the body lotion then a tiny amount works wonders. Wonderful scent for a winter night

linzilou92
linzilou92

It's stunning. I was slightly worried about it, it wasn't a complete blind buy for me as I had smelt it not long after it first came out. I remember really liking it but I couldn't remember if it lasted long or how it settled onto the skin. Thankfully I love it! I took advantage of a 15% off code from FeelUnique and took the plunge. I'm so glad I did.

It's edible and candy-like but not in a stale or sour way some extra sweet fragrances can be. The citrus top notes keep it fresh until the gorgeous caramel base note get's to show off it's deliciousness.

It has decent longevity and silage. Nothing to complain about really, it's similar to most perfumes in that way.

I'm officially a big fan :-)

elmizakamarulzaman

Received this from my boyfriend as birthday gift. The scent is very delicious and pretty. In the opening, I noticed citrusy smell, about few seconds it changes to sweet caramelised scent. It's sweet, fruity with noticeable floral scent. Silage is just moderate. Longevity is pretty good. My boyfriend loves this so much on me. He said, it's a kind of new and fresh gourmand scent, not generics and smell of its class. Best birthday gift ever.

Chelsea1605
Chelsea1605

This is nice but way too sweet for me. Reminds me a bit of one of the Victoria's Secret scents but I can't remember which one. Very peachy/caramel on my skin.

kimpoels
kimpoels

I expected a caramelmonster. But is wasn't a monster, it was a fairy. Very soft caramelscent, with a hint of citrus. Very very lovely on the skin, if only it would have more sillage. I bought this with a coupon, but never would pay full price for this. I thought I would totally fall in love with this one, but I just like it. Such a shame. Maybe throw in an absolute version?

JerZgal94
JerZgal94

I absolutely adore this perfume! On my skin I get nothing but citrus and caramel. BonBon is similar to Flowerbomb but it lacks the patchouli, which made me believe that this perfume was formulated for me. Though I thought Flowerbomb was okay (I don't like strong patchouli scents), I thought FB was too mature smelling for me, so I lended it to my mother who loves it. BonBon is more suitable for people who loves sweet yet inoffensive scents. Unlike Aquolina's Pink Sugar, BonBon wouldn't make you want to gag and it won't smell burnt on your skin. If you like Flowerbomb and/or Pink Sugar, give BonBon a try. The packaging is beautiful too.

kellymi
kellymi

So very spicy, almost peppery, in the first spray. Every so often, a peek of the caramel under these spicy, powdery layers.

On my skin it settles into a woody sweetness.

BonBon and Flowerbomb are definitely from the same family. While I prefer Flowerbomb, I like BonBon, and it has better longevity.

Too much becomes sneeze-worthy, so I suggest a minute or so between spritzes :)

Silk Flower
Silk Flower

For the first 10 minutes I got a pleasant whiff of caramel, then the perfume became 100% identical to Dolce& Gabana 2012 Pour Femme, which isn't a bad thing per se but not at all what I expected. So, on my skin it basically smells of sugar and whiteflowers, delicious and girly but nowhere near the huge price tag of Viktor & Rolf. It is not the ultimate caramel scent if this is what you are after, but it's a nice gourmand-floral crossbreed.

deb.martinez
deb.martinez

Got my cute little mini bow today! Pretty sure im getting a full bottle. Very juicy at first,sweet,floral,I expected more caramel but I get alot of florals. I do sense a bit of flowerbomb minus the tea. Eagerly awaiting the next Viktor and Rolf perfume! This ones a keeper!

_Lashes_
_Lashes_

I so want to love this but I don't. I have Curious In Control which I am a fan of but this just smells weird and bitter on me.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

Orange County, California. Year: 1995. My friends and I were never without our bicycles, swiftly darting between gleaming parked cars in newly developed strip malls or zipping around the grade schools and nearby neighborhoods. I was half girl, with sun-bleached hair and freckles, and half woman, suddenly prideful of my new Guess jean shorts and very aware of "adult" songs on the radio.

We'd gush with adoration for the newest Disney animated film one moment and then dabble in a guilt-inducing (yet exhilarating) new pastime called "gossip" the next. We rode to the park to watch the Latino boys play soccer, shirtless, brown and beautiful, but not without stopping the ice cream man to pick up Strawberry Shortcake bars and Sonic the Hedgehog-shaped treats first. While our hands were calloused from gripping the bike's handlebars and knees were skinned like a child's, we reveled in a new discovery - makeup. Pogs and Polly Pockets were replaced with Jane brand lip glosses, CK One-scented nail polish and eyeshadows light enough in colour to avoid a mother's keen eye. A year later we had abandoned our bikes, cooping ourselves up in our rooms, listening to music and pouring over teen magazines instead.

Bon Bon fragrance took me there. It smells childish and womanly at the same time - if the brand was trying to convey that, I got the message. It's sweet notes remind me of ice-cream, fruity lip balm and strawberry-scented Suave shampoo - all staples in my sunny pre-teen life. The peach note makes Bon Bon smell distinctly 90's to me. I will purchase a small bottle, not because it is sexy or because I like sweet scents (I generally don't), but because this is some powerful nostalgia-inducing juice. Very fun. Sweetie scent lovers will like this one a lot, I think. :)

x-x-x-ANGEL-x-x-x
x-x-x-ANGEL-x-x-x

This is sweet deliciousness, but it's more if a salted caramel with a slight zesty fruit in the background. I don't get any floral or woody sort of notes. Only heavenly, tantalizing goodness.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Too much syrupy sweet peach for me. It even overwhelmed the lovely caramel! I would like it better without the sweet thick peach, makes it seem a bit dated, like something from the 90s. Lasts about 4 hours, too sweet for work but good for nighttime.

walking44
walking44

I'm sorry but this smells immature. It smells like barbie, cotton candy, unicorn, body-spray. Caramel should be used in moderation. Theres nothing womanly about smelling like a bowl of hot sugar.

JetsBabe
JetsBabe

Smells like a caramel Frappuccino!
I smell mostly delicious caramel.
If you like caramel, you'll love this perfume.
It also lasts a while. I love it!

june7rose
june7rose

Finally arrived in the mail! This was a blind buy, which has proved disastrous for me in the past, but this one is a winner.

I was determined to try it, but pretty scared for two reasons: I dislike the flower and patchouli bomb that is Flowerbomb, and from the ingredient list, I was afraid I was going to get a tweeny or Bath and Body Works type scent. Thankfully not. Drier and less sweet than expected, it's still definitely a gourmand.

Yes,scents like D&G Pour Femme, Fancy, Britney Spears, and Viva la Juicy are related to it, in the way that a McDonald's hambuger is related to a filet mignon, they're both beef, but that's where the similarity ends. This is also powdery, amber-y, and much pricier smelling than anything else with this much caramel. Not a 15 year old's scent by any stretch of the imagination. I urge gourmand loving grown women to give it a sniff. BTW, they have 1 oz. sizes on amazon so you don't have to plunk down $120 at Saks for the 1.7 oz.just to try it.
I can tell sillage and longevity aren't going to be fantastic, but I suppose you can't have everything.

SillySue
SillySue

I'm not crazy about Flowerbomb and so I admit I was a bit prejudice in regards to Bonbon when it first came out. I sniffed it and didn't like it. I dismissed it right away, the poor thing never stood a chance. For some weird reason it caught my eye again when shopping recently and I gave it another whiff. It is safe to say, my opinion has changed. Drastically.

Now when I smell it I get the most sublime caramel note, that is do die for. Bonbon is definitely a softer, more refined version of Viva la Juicy and Viva la Juicy Noir. Since I love those two, it shouldn't really come as a surprise that I also love Bonbon. It shouldn't, but it did. I was surprised. Very surprised. I don't know how I didn't catch this striking similarity before.

I'm turning 35 in January so I'm starting to feel a little self-conscious every time I wear my beloved Viva la Juicy Noir, but bonbon I might just get away with guilt free. I don't get the reference to Flowerbomb or LVEB. At all. To my nose it smells nothing like those two. The caramel note in Bonbon is identical to Viva la Juicy, really, it is.

Bonbon is sweet, soft and fluffy and the pink bottle stares me right in the face every time we meet, just begging me to take her home with me. She really doesn't care that my wallet is empty and I have many many perfume babies that also need my tender love and care, some of which could almost be mistaken for her twin! No, she cares about none of that. She's cozying up to me and I must admit, it's working! She does have that something special about her. That x-factor that sets her apart from her 'almost twins'. She is very charming and one of these days I'm afraid I will cave in and grant her wish. I don't think she will give up until she has a place of her very own amongst my other babies. She's just that good.

Rochellesc
Rochellesc

Had to go all the way to my closest Neiman Marcus to try the stuff for myself. And just like its namesake implies, it is "too too-sweet sweet" upon initial introduction and just a few short hours later is nothing more than a fleeting memory. Very strong and sweet upon the initial spritz (had to put the car windows down!) and within four hours it had faded into nothingness on my skin. The search for the ONE continues...

piahellgren
piahellgren

This is quite lovely for what it is. If you want a gourmand with style look this way. I will tire quickly of gourmands, and wish this one would have amped up the mandarin and the jasmin, but it is what it is and does it very well. It manages to be classy albeit its sugariness. I have noticed that caramel works better for me than heavy vanillas and I wish caramel would be used more, but lighter, if anyone knows what I mean! Many fragrances that i like with vanilla I can´t wear after a while- it´s not that I don´t love vanilla, I do and I it´s one of my favourite dessert flavours, but on my body it gets cloying. Caramel- not so! So strangely, liking BonBon as much as I do I wish I could find this type of caramel in LESS sugary scents! I MAY get this if I can find it used or inexpensive somehow because it is really nicely done. Very good peach as well and that is usually not a favourite of mine. So lots that I didn´t think I´d like as much as I do. Good one.

daniellemirete
daniellemirete

I just got my sample, after a long love/hate battle in my mind with Flowerbomb. It has only been an hour or 2 since my first sniff of Bonbon; I currently want to eat my own wrist and just splurged on the largest bottle I could find online.

Now, first to explain my taste in perfumes. I do love and enjoy rich, complex perfumes, and even appreciate the well done ones which are not my taste. But for me, I am a fruity, vanilla, crazy sweet gourmand addict. Many people will immediately think of the alcohol pungent girly celebrity perfumes when they think of sugary sweet, but I am extremely particular now that I'm in my 30s.

I have experimented with perfumes of all kinds and have about 40 bottles, 5 of which I actually use on a regular basis. The reason is because when I was a young girl, aside from Butterfly by Hanae Mori which was more mature and my signature fragrance for over a decade (until they changed the format and upped the sandalwood which blocks the berries), I LOVED ALL the sick sweet stuff like Aquolina Pink Sugar, Escada, hell even one of the Paris Hilton perfumes (which I would gag at now, lol)

Since getting older and having a larger budget to work with, I have been on a quest to find a beautiful, tastefully done, complex gourmand that is not musky/flowery like the typical "OKs" in my book (Prada Candy, Flowerbomb), yet longer lasting and more adult/diverse/complex than my favorite Viva La Juicy perfumes that I wear everyday (yes, I know.. I didn't expect to love them either but I can't help it, and I layer them with other things to make them more adult-smelling).

In my opinion, it is extremely difficult to find a TRUE sugary foody fragrance that doesn't either A: Smell too much like flowers or some kind of synthetic heavy musky smell, or B: Smell too much like a cheap body wash for strippers. Bonbon is IT. Bonbon has won my heart.

I am not even a huge fan of peaches in general, but the peaches and cream smell is absolutely perfect and enhances the warm caramel, somehow the mixture tricks you into thinking you smell some vanilla and berries in there somewhere. The sandalwood, cedar and amber notes are EXACTLY where they belong.. in the background, NOT overpowering the fruits but enhancing them and making them less sharp. On the first spray, you will smell too much orange and jasmine, making it seem sharper than it appears to be. Give it some time... Immediately following, the peach and caramel come out. The dry-down is much less peachy, and smells like a vanilla-caramel smoothie, with a hint of sandalwood and peach. It is perfect, it is beautiful, and now that I've found it I don't think I could ever live without it.

Bazil Tarmizi
Bazil Tarmizi

This is a warm sweet caramel scent . very cosy and rich . My country is very hot and its very hard to wear this . Im only gonna wear it when it is slightly cold at night that will be amazing . The scent wraps your body like a cashmere blanket . Im not really into bonbon yet but ill definitely give it time to express its quality on my skin .

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

I just got this in a little .25oz mini and I have to say this is definitely a gourmand, sweet candy floral type of scent! It smells really nice...buttttt Ive smelt this before...jessica simpsons fancy!! These two are very very very similar...not the same...but almost.

Bonbon is lighter than fancy while fancy is deeper and sweeter..bonbon is like a soft whispering rememberence compared to fancy and for that I dont think this is worth the money at all as it definitely faded within 2 hours..even on my clothes I cant smell it anymore!! So sad : /

Id say if you like fancy you will like this, especially if you think fancy is too heavy/syrupy you might like bonbon as its much lighter! Definitely try before you buy though because for me its not worth the price! I love the bottle though, very cute!

Renata tang
Renata tang

Noting special, again, just like the flower bomb. I think the Armani Si wins over all of the luxury perfumes.

sonya9
sonya9

Sprayed three times in the morning and now after 10+ hours it is still here.It's sooo delicious and when I wear it I feel like I'm wrapped in a creamy caramel pudding with the most potent vanilla sauce...It's strong and lovely and I adore this perfume :)

arenee92
arenee92

What a beautiful fragrance. At first sniff, I wasn't too impressed. It smelled very sharp to me. But once it settles down, Bonbon is so beautiful. This is definitely one of the most sophisticated gourmands I've ever smelled. The caramel smells so creamy, and the peach and woody notes just balance it out just perfectly. I just feel like this is done very well. A very feminine fragrance. I get a lot of compliments. My male co-worker said "you smell like cotton candy and deliciousness" haha!

I find two sprays is just enough for me. I work a typical 9-6 job, and still smell this at the end of the day. I really just love this, and look forward to spraying it every day. I am dying for a rollerball, though!

Erinista
Erinista

I love it! I try edgier parfumes all the time, but I just love sweet gourmands. I can't help it! This one is great, though. It has amazing staying power, which I did not expect, thanks to Flowerbomb. I put this on at 7 am, and it still smelled just as strong when I got off work that afternoon. It reminds me of Provacative Interlude, which I also love. It also goes very well with my B&BW Cashmere Glow shower gel. The bottle is by far the cutest out of all the bottles on my dresser.

Abby69
Abby69

This scent surprised me I like it a lot smells so good and felt younger

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

I have to say, I find this bottle adorable! it reminds me of small candies at a birthday party that you get in the goodie bags :) the scent reminds me of Britney Spears Curious in Control but with a more rich quality and creamier dry down. Overall BonBon is a sweet and pleasant scent that makes me think of birthday parties, and walks in Disneyland in Paris during the winter!

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

How about that gorgeous bottle,huh? I know there are lots of similarities to other fragrances but this is a grown up candy!..I do think it has a lovely candy sweetness but in a reserved and more sophisticated way. I totally love it and the bottle is a work of art..So pretty!

bluepistachio

I love this, bought the medium for like 80 something dollars which is a great price compared to retail price. I cannot stop spraying this, almost done with the bottle. Luckily I found one for like 40 dollars at ebay so maybe I'll purchase it as soon as I get paid. I recommend it. It gets me a lot of compliments and the bottle is gorgeous. This is a gourmand, sweet, but glad it's not as strong as LBEV. Gorgeous scent!

TheRealSamAnt
TheRealSamAnt

I just bought it today, and I can't stop smelling my wrists. I feel like a spoon diving in a peachy caramel pudding. Sweet, gourmand, sexy. I feel so sexy wearing this...

maelleinrome
maelleinrome

I don't know Curious in control, but for me Bonbon is similar to Dalal Al Rehab: both frags are heavy on orange, caramel and sandalwood on my skin! Bonbon is sweet in a grown-up way; I like it, but I prefer Dalal, which is sooooooo much cheaper and long lasting.

Sammi_co
Sammi_co

I own both In Control & Bonbon & apart from Them both being sweet in their own way I don't personally find the resemblance. Bonbon is incredibly sweet but it's richer and deeper than the cheaper celebrity scents it's being compared to. Also it's longevity is great as is it's projection.

jade.arevalo.3
jade.arevalo.3

It's so sweet. It's not typically beautiful like it's sister, Flowerbomb, but I love the caramel this scent develops into later.
I feel that if you're inclined to give up on a perfume at first spray you'll never grow to love this V&R dark horse. This one is more than what meets the nose initially.

I do get the Britney Spears references in this, but I will love and wear it anyway because it's absolutely delicious.

Wanesa
Wanesa

Its really does smell like britney spears in control curious so Im not gonna buy this. the scent doesnt even last that long. it cost so much omg. its so expensive and its not even chanel. its lovely dont get me wrong but if you know how much it actually smelled like britney spears in control curious , you might just buy britney

Jmalone84
Jmalone84

Syrupy sweet & absolutely sickly like LVEB. Horrendous.

The only gourmands I will wear are Flowerbomb, Angel, Valentino Valentina and my favourite Lolita Lempicka & various flankers. And even then, careful on that trigger finger. I remember several occasion where someone has been bathing in Flowerbomb or Angel and the scent has been so thick in the vicinity that I have wanted to pass out.

Back to Bonbon- I think it is the syrupy fruit notes which inspire this hateful reaction in my olfactory sensors.

Hipchick40
Hipchick40

The vibe---JS Fancy, Juicy Gold Couture, Charlie Gold, True Religion Love Hope Denim, and so on. None of the above are glamorous or sophisticated by any means but they have a place in the scent world. Caramel is a great base and what makes it turn one way or the other is if it's paired with fruit or floral. This leans fruit for the first hour and then rapidly evolves into Flowerbomb's sister. It is sweet, of course, but light hearted to me. With many others in my arsenal, I don't think I'll splurge on this, Juicy Gold couture is my favorite in this genre because I smell a better floral combo in that. And, for the price, I think Charlie Gold is as interesting and actually longer lasting than this. It's a pity it isn't more unique, doesn't have a new twist to win me over, because the bottle is most adorable. I have a thing for bows!

ArghJo
ArghJo

To me it's sickly sweet.

ShyAmor
ShyAmor

I love flower bomb and i love bonbon as well but for 165$ its not worth it i brought it because the scent was decent but the bottle was so beautiful. just a light sweet carmel scent perfume with no character

butterbean
butterbean

Reading the below reviews I feel compelled to add one.

Scroll down to the review by Mister_Chaz because it is SPOT ON!

Bonbon is a nice perfume. The main player is peach. Tons of watery peach that stays throughout, dipped in a light caramel note. It does have a syrupy sweet jasmine. Dry down brings out more caramel notes.

VERY similar to Viva La Juicy but done MUCH better. Shares some similarities w Prada Candy? yes it does.

I'm perplexed why people have compared it with Flowerbomb...this is a TOTALLY different scent (Bonbon is not a flanker). It's not like LVEB either. The only common denominator is they are all sweet gourmand perfumes.

jolantuk
jolantuk

Guys, this is totally the same like Rebl Fleur by Rihanna! I had blind bought Rebl Fleur as reviewers said it is close to flowerbomb by viktor rolf, but it wasnt any similarities to flowerbomb, at least for me, so i gave Rebl Fleur to a woman, who loved it and it really sound beatiful on her. And then bon bon was released i was so excited to try it, but it appeared in the stores just this week and i tried it today, and thanks god i didnt blind bought it, as i already said its exactly the same like Rebl Fleur. Both perfumes are made with quality and if you liked Bon Bon with no doubts you will like Rebl Fleur, which is much cheaper by the way ;)

GeorgiaMoxie
GeorgiaMoxie

I put off trying this for a while because the caramel top note. I had Prada Candy around the time it was first released and I LOVED it. After about a year of wearing it my senses seem to have turned on me for reasons unknown and now it's very cloying to me and extremely stubborn about removing itself from my laundry...like when you break up with someone but they just don't get the hint.

I have been looking for a peachy garamond (I'm a collector and need one of everything) so I gave this one a shot. I am very pleasantly surprised! It's not as heavy as I expected and it actually manages to pull itself off as a more "grown up" version of peach and the caramel accentuates the fragrance instead of dominating (it states above that caramel is supposed to be the star but to me it's the peach).

The sweet is balanced nicely with the woodsy drydown and it does not smell cheap to me. It actually reminds me a lot of Gucci Guilty (original) which I love.

scratchnsniff29
scratchnsniff29

It smells nice and sweet but it definitely isn't worth the hefty price tag!
It smells like a Britney Spears or Ed Hardy fragrance

Chanel4Evah
Chanel4Evah

Just Spritzed this in the early evening to see if I should consider buying it for my Mom... Ended up wanting to buy it for myself! It's DELICIOUS! Sweet, Edible, But Strangely not overpowering and grows in Depth as it wears on. As a man, you'd need to be really self confident to wear this but I will wear it! It's Kinda like the Original 2005 Miss Dior Cherie... with that Caramelized Strawberry note, it's not as Cloyingly sweet as MDC was and it does have a much more distinct Earthy and Woody Dry down. It actually in the base notes has a distinct Mannish Back Beat surrounded by all the Luscious Sweetness! I am going to have to buy this!

Comically Enough... I wear Flowerbomb as well! I Adore the scent and think it's Crystalline Fruitiness mixes so Splendidly with the Patchouli! Bonbon is somewhat like Flowerbomb's More Exuberant little Sis! 5 Stars from me!

Miruna
Miruna

This is a nice perfume. It is very sweet and peachy. At first it is very fruity, then you can also feel caramel/ sugar notes. The peach note doesn't go away, it just gets more subtle. It is lighter and less mature than Prada Candy, but this doesn't make it childish, despite the cute bottle.
Lasting power is fine.

hsheep
hsheep

This is what I expected Prada Candy to smell like (I could not detect the notes in that one, too soft). Bonbon screeches "eat me!".
Caramel, sweet, a little citrus/lemon. Very tasty, like sucking on a red strawberry candy. Lasts forever with strong sillage that eventually tames itself when you start to notice the softer caramel. Not a very sexy fragrance, but more fun and flirty, like going out for ice cream with the girls. Nummy.

farmgirlpresents
farmgirlpresents

I really love this perfume, It is my first gourmand fragrance. When i spray it on, I am immediately transported back to sweet 16, at the drive in movie theatre, eating a box of red vines liquorice. That is what this perfume reminds me of. I get the feeling that I am wearing it only for myself. It lifts my mood when I am feeling like I need a treat. My hubby doesn't find it sexy or sensual. My pre-teen girls would love it if I let them have a squirt, but I am far too greedy to share. I have a feeling, that in a few years time, I will look back on this Bon Bon Binge with a touch of guilty embarrassment. In my teenage years, it was all Clinique Aromatics and Red Door...I feel like I am ageing in reverse. If this is my mid-life crisis, how delicious!

Joyce3
Joyce3

This is hands down my favourite perfume. It is a sweet caramel with an amazing dry down. Don't take it at face value if you sniff the bottle and it doesn't smell that great. Try it on your skin and wait for the delicious dry down. Definitely one for gourmand lovers.

The lasting power is pretty good. I can still smell it on my clothes after 8 hours. I also find it exceptionally wonderful in cold weather.

perfumeproblem777
perfumeproblem777

This beauty was unexpected. I blind bought it based on reviews from YouTube but it is completely different from what I imagined. Definitely just as sweet, and if I concentrate I can smell the caramel, but it's also very fruity on my skin. I was expecting something more along the lines of flowerbomb, but I appreciate that this smells completely different. One spray of this is all you'll really need for the day, it's super strong. I could see this easily overwhelming those around you if you overspray. But I really like it. This will be absolutely lovely in the winter and fall.
Keep shining, you beautiful people!

charmedbella
charmedbella

I'm on a total gourmand obsession right now and I picked up this beauty at the Atlanta Duty Free while passing through. I sprayed it on my arm while in the store and was pleasantly surprised! I bought the 50ml bottle.

The opening for me is all caramel with some peaches. I get none of the citrus listed in the top notes. It's a creamy, soft caramel - nothing harsh or sharp or too syrupy. It is sweet, but not toothache-sweet.

Beautiful flowers come out to play next, followed by a hint of woods to give it a little depth and perhaps to ground it.

I think this is a daytime gourmand, easily safe for the office with a moderate application. Sillage is moderate, perhaps a little softer than I would like, however, softer sillage does make it nice if you want a casual gourmand that won't knock out a whole room.

Because of the gorgeous softness and airy sweetness of the caramel, peaches, orange blossom, jasmine, and a dash of woods, I do think this would work in the summer. I don't find this cloying at all, where LVEB or Oriens can be a little too much.

I would say it lasts 6-8 hours on clothing, maybe 4 hours on dry skin (it can become a really delightful skin scent after that). If I was wearing this to work, I would retouch in the afternoon (just one or two sprays).

Verdict? I really love this. I think it's beautiful, soft, feminine, playful. It's quite lovely and yummy!

A loud perfume that screams caramelic-peach. I smelled this three times on three different days; one spritz on skin per application (just for a test). The opening had always burnt my nose. There's something strong and annoying in it. The first hour causes a headache to me, but then, it turns gradually into something pleasant. When the top and mid notes vanish after 10 hours, it leaves a soapy sandalwood trace on the skin, that I don't like. Best for evening outdoor activities. Otherwise, it could be offensive to others.

raiza1990
raiza1990

i was so excited about this one, but it is a huge disappointment.
It is nice, but nothing spectacular or original. it is seriously overpriced.
i Was expecting something way more sophisticated and complex.
I also wished a better Sillage,but it lasts long at least.

ecerusen
ecerusen

opens like LVEB, at the drydown it is like black opium on me

cute, beautiful smell but it has nothing more. unfortunately there are lot of similar perfumes which are smell like this, this one wont be my choice.

caramel and amber are dominant on my skin. after 5-6 hours, a creamy jasmine joins them.
its longevity amazing. after 5 hours it still smells intensively.

AmoreProfumi

So I finally finally finally got to test this after all this time, we surprisingly got a few bottles in where I work (discount fragrance outlet still being ridiculously expensive here lol)...well can't say I don't like it, being a lover of sweet scents, but idk when I smelled it, it kinda just made me say "really that's it?" I guess it didn't overly hype me, b/c I guess I feel like I've smelled this before (it kinda reminded me of this 'sensual amber' body lotion I used to have from B&BW just a smidge sweeter). It has that nice fruity sweet opening && on my skin it tends to go a lil spicier I'm taking from the amber/sandalwood.

I'm very on the fence about this, because I do need a new scent, && like I said I don't not like it. Idk I guess it's b/c I'm one of those ppl that if it didn't make me say WOW! then I don't need it. Or maybe b/c it's warmer here && this is more suited for colder weather, but then I'm one of those ppl where I'd wear this on summer's night to go out. But idk something about its not wining me 100% right now, may have to revisit in the fall/winter. Longevity does kick a$$ so that's a plus, deff. say this a try before you buy though. :)

*Still say that price points horrendous for what you're getting, but that's just my opinion.*

*&& I can concur that it smells, nothing like Prada Candy, Viva la Juicy, or the original Flower bomb, it's totally different scent from those.

Overall: 7.5/10

kellee150707
kellee150707

Yum!

Lauren Da

Definitely my favourite perfume of all times!!! But more than that it's ny new object of love. I simply love it! It reminds my of In control by Britney spears.I was sad when I discovered it had become discontinued. I thought I'd never find anything so deep ,so sensual yet sweet and girly at the same time and then I found bonbon which is equally awesome plus it has the bonus of citrusy opening. It's a "complete" scent.. it has it all. The freshness in the beginning, the playfulness in the middle and the seductive sweetness all the way to the drydown.

Mushana
Mushana

The scent is yummy but I find the bottle a tad vulgar.

This is amazingly edible and delicious. Strong caramel scent, that smells like caramel candy. Not like Prada's Candy though. I have Prada's Candy and I like it better. Both have caramel note, but this one here, is sweeter.
I love sweet scents, but I guess I would choose Prada's Candy over this one anytime.
I would like to eat something, that would taste as good as this perfume smells. It smells like some bakery product.
Outstanding and really really nice!

RosieRachel
RosieRachel

Bonbon is a very cute and coquettish fragrance. On my skin, this is exactly what I wanted Prada Candy to be: a light and delicious caramel. The perfume is also extremely sweet and sadly, it does smell a little bit synthetic.

I was actually hoping for more dimension: a sparkling orange-juice opening followed by a yummy caramel heart and to finish, a warm amber and sandalwood dry-down. So I am a little disappointed. Sillage is soft; longevity is for about 3 hours. That's pretty poor. Nobody wants their perfumes to have the lasting power of a body spray. However, I've just tested this on a cool autumn day and I think that Bonbon needs some warmth to bring out some more notes, so I'll be retesting again in the summer :)

windhill
windhill

Opening almost identical to Wonderstruck but way more buttery and sweeter. I bought this for my friend on her birthday as she really like it. But I don't think the same.

The first burst hit me with orange and sweet bakery smell. Very buttery-like. I can hardly smell any floral notes as the sweetness take over the other notes. I like sweet perfume. But I think they need to added some floral notes or vanilla to turn down the sharpness a bit.

There's no word like 'Too sweet' for a perfume that called Bonbon with a candy shaped. But some perfume make its sweet without screechy notes that piece my nostril(Flowerbomb, Black Opium for example). Too bad Bonbon not one of them. It has a sharp sweet(almost bitter, chemical smell)scent that represent in many celebrity frag and its really irritating. If they make Bonbon smoother this could be an amazing sweet frag, instead of ended up like another celebrity's fragrance here.

Im not dislike Bonbon. In fact, its not smell bad at all. But don't like it either.

EmHyden
EmHyden

I was a bit disappointed by this fragrance.. :( I had read so many great reviews and judging by the notes I thought I would love it for sure since sweet, fruity and gourmand perfumes are really my thing, but I thought it smelled OK. That's it. I guess my expectations were a bit too high. I can't really put my finger on what makes me think it's "just OK". I love Flowerbomb and I love Prada Candy (which some people have compared Bonbon to), but I didn't really think this smelled like any of those two. Maybe a hint of Flowerbomb in the basenotes of Bonbon, but nothing significant. It also reminds me of some other perfume that I also didn't like so much, but I can't remember which one... Such a shame, I really wanted to love this one! :(

Contessa01
Contessa01

If you love vanilla you'll love this! Just to give you an idea it reminds me of Laura Mercier Vanille, Britney Spears Fantasy, VS Vanilla Lace and maybe a bit like Lancome La Vie Est Belle. I haven't decided if it is worth buying yet as it's quite expensive but I have noticed it does have good staying power.

lidya.chan
lidya.chan

I love sweet perfume, but this one, it gives me headache

pauroj
pauroj

lord almighty this is prada candy louder , crazier , sweeter sister , you know the one that always gets the bouquet at the wedding and shows bra straps everytime she wears a tank top, that one.
LOL is nice just not for everyday

Milenadim
Milenadim

It starts as lemon pie and then it becomes sweeter!!I find some similarities to Black Opium but this is a little bit more sophisticated!Very nice fragrance!!I think i 'll buy it for the next Christmas!!

SwedishJohanna
SwedishJohanna

I bought this perfume about a month ago, and i have to say that i LOVE it! Yes, it's very sweet! Yes, it smells like citrusy caramel and yes, it is divine!

I bought the 50 ml bottle and have now ordered the 90 ml, i would say it's a day and night, fall, winter and spring perfume. Leaning moore to fall/ winter. I would not use this in the summer, except when i'm going to bed caus i will probably crave it...

It is very sweet, but not too sweet, it has a citrusy note to it that prevent it from being overpowering.But other then that i smell ALLOT off yummy caramell with a little bit of depth! ^^

Love!

Autumnal
Autumnal

Seems like they have spent more time perfecting the bottle and less time on the fragrance.
But reading someone elses review who said it reminded him of an "overweight butterfly" made me laugh. I still love the bottle but the perfume is mediocre.............

Delicious_Scents
Delicious_Scents

Firstly, let me say that I tend to gravitate toward sweet, sometimes gourmand fragrances. They are a definite mood lifter and make me feel good when I wear them. So, I began the search on Fragrantica for a perfume that smells like caramels. I am utterly addicted to the taste and smell of them. So, after researching and reading a ton of reviews, I decided upon Viktor&Rolf's Bonbon. I know their most popular fragrance is FlowerBomb (which, I've never even smelled), by a landslide, but I was more interested in this fragrance. Also, the packaging didn't hurt. It's adorable! So, I took the plunge and decided to buy a 1 ounce.

On my skin, the first smell I get is a very dominant bunch of delicious caramels. Secondly, a little peach comes out to play, then a hint of juicy mandarin orange, and lastly, just a touch of woodiness. This perfume is sweet. Very sweet. In the same ball field as Pink Sugar, but not the same in terms of depth and smell. Bonbon has much MORE going on. Bonbon has depth, where Pink Sugar has none. And I like my Pink Sugar. Some have compared it to Fantasy by Britney Spears, but again, on my skin there are layers, but with Britney Spears again, no comparison. Also, when wearing this perfume, you only need ONE spray. It's very strong, so I'd take it easy, as the sillage is very strong also. I can spray this once on my wrists or clothing, and I can still smell it strongly on me the next day. It lasts a forever on my skin. That's great considering I've never paid this much for a perfume in my life. I am a huge fan, and for those days I feel like wearing something that smells like my beloved caramels, this is what I reach for. I'm very happy I purchased this.

saintleegray
saintleegray

I've been on a serious caramel kick recently and so far have come up dry, there are lots of perfumes with caramel but none fit what I was searching for; Fancy had zero staying power, Candy was a bit too powdery/dry and weak, a few others all had something off or not exactly right, I didn't want classy or elegant, I wanted sweet gooey caramel. Enter Bonbon...YES! This is what I've been looking for! No burnt sugar smell, no sharpness, no overwhelming side notes...perfection.

Starts out perfectly, a strong, deep blast of thick caramel, followed by a sweet, understated peachy scent, very light. You can tell the sandalwood is there by the solid base but it never intrudes on my skin, it's just enough to flesh out the sweet. The flowers are very understated, spreading a little complexity but not really too noticeable. All in all very lovely and feminine and warm, I will never be without this. Not for every occasion certainly, but I can see it having excellent layering properties also. Today I sprayed over laura mercier creme brulee body souffle and it is HEAVENLY. Bottle is cute, perfume is great, I wish it lasted a bit longer but that's my problem (my skin eats perfume badly). Highly advise any sweet lover to try this.

DainaB
DainaB

I agree that this is a really unique fragrance, I haven't been able to find anything like it. None of the other supposedly similar perfumes smell anything like this to me. Bonbon is definitely my favourite at the moment! I mainly smell slightly citrusy caramel, and I can't stop smelling it, it's just so yummy! I LOVE it!!!

DaisyChain90
DaisyChain90

This is a really unique fragrance. I was worried it would be too similar to Flowerbomb, which is a like for me but not a love.
When I first sprayed this it was so strong and very powdery on my skin, however after about 5minuets it just totally transformed on me. The peach notes are more apparent on me than the caramel, which I personally prefer. I sprayed this hours ago and can still smell it. The bottle is adorable and just made it the complete package for me. Something I will enjoy wearing, but I will keep it for special occasions.

jenvi
jenvi

When I first saw the ad for BonBon upon launch I just knew I had to have it. Even just for the bottle! It was so pretty, girly and PINK. Reading the notes made me even more sure that I needed it in my life and that I would love it. I am a gourmand freak and am always looking for the sweetest, yummiest, delicious fragrance and I just knew I had hit the jackpot when I found this perfume. It is sweet alright.. But the opening is full of citrus and peach and very fruity. It can be a little sharp at first but it transitions beautifully to a sweet and gourmand caramel/toffee with just a hint of jasmine and orange blossom (both notes that I adore). Longevity is not as great as with Flowerbomb but it's still pretty good (I got 7 hours last time I wore it) however it does stay close to skin after it dries down which can be a deal breaker for many of us. I know I like to wear perfume for myself but I would kinda feel like I'm wasting my money if others can't smell it on me, you know? Oh well.. I don't get the comparisons to Candy and Viva La Juicy at ALL. I know they're all caramel-based but come on.. I have Candy and VLJ was my signature for two years so I know these fragrances well and I really can't see the similarities. BonBon stands on its own two feet and while I do agree that it isn't the most groundbreaking release it is still a great fragrance! Unfortunately I got this fragrance just as I was getting into this perfume hobby so I haven't gotten the chance to wear it much. I have been so busy testing, sampling and buying new perfumes. The last time I wore BonBon was on my birthday and now every time I smell it I'm reminded of that day! Which is not a bad association to have at all! :-)

sashaineurope

I do not think that Prada Candy or Prada L'eau Candy have any similarities to Bon Bon. The Prada parfums tend to be quite cloying, even repulsive.
I would like to prefer BonBon to Flowerbomb for its deliciousness, but it sits way too close to the skin and nobody can smell it unless they stick nose to your skin, while Flowerbomb is lingering in the air in a beautiful way and has more complex personality. Flowerbomb is surprising with top, middle and bottom notes unlike BonBon, that is quite flat.

merrick_mayfair
merrick_mayfair

This one is my favorite perfume ever! When I first smell it I couldn't believe it, I was looking exactly for that kind of smell, it's so sweet, I can notice the caramel, the peach and other gourmand notes that makes me smile when I spray it on myself, the longevity in me it's good, the bottle is a dream and I'm very happy to have it now :D

courtney.mcintyre
courtney.mcintyre

WOW hello caramel. This is like a sticky, sweet caramel sauce with vanilla essence mixed it. It's delicious. It's almost too strong to begin with but after a few minutes it's just, aaaahhhh.....

Downside: Bo longevity at all. I'm so disappointed in the longevity of this perfume on my skin!! It only lasts 5-6 hours which to some people won't sound that bad - I was expecting Flowerbomb levels of longevity and didn't get it. Not the best when this 50ml bottle cost my boyfriend an arm and a leg basically! Super expensive stuff.

Love the bottle. Love the scent. Longevity could be better!

Shwets
Shwets

This starts of sugary sweet with the flowerbomb vibe minus the patchouli. Then it completely changes to resemble Al Haramain Sultan! I couldn't believe it!

I'll need to re test again to confirm this.

Update: I'm reading other reviews and on me this does seem to have the LVeB vibe. I thought there was no patch in bon bon but it smells like that on me. That explains the Sultan like resemblance! It's really amazing the variations of scents according to skin chemistry.

Update 2: tested sultan and Bon bon side by side and I have to say now I'm getting similarities of Bon Bon with Prada candy L'eau and Jessica Simpson fancy! Somehow Bon Bon smells sweeter on me today. Odd!

Overall I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase this as there are many similar type of perfumes.

Allegra
Allegra

Well, this little masterpiece certainly awakens the girly side in me and I'm saying this in a very positive way. The bottle is so adorable and 'bonbon' to your eyes too, just like the fragrance is to your nose. Double pleasure I should say :)

Usually I'm not so into gourmand frags (way too sweet and heavy to my taste) so this one definitely took me by surprise. Really love its delicate and caramel-filled composition that smells classy and high-end without being nauseatingly overpowering and syrupy sweet. It suits (wo)men of all ages, basically everyone who wants to add a little special something to her/his daily ensemble. Tres bon!

guachipiruli
guachipiruli

I am so totally into gourmand scents. This says it all: bonbon is great. I usually dislike V&R fragrances as they all have the same rose-flowery accord that bores me right down to a coma. This one however I like. It is far better than the Britney crap (please... how dare you compare...) and this is what I expected from Prada Candy when it came out (big ad campaign and bigger disappointment). It is caramel caramel caramel. And caramel. And fudge. Love it.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

On me, Viktor & Rolf Bonbon is essentially a caramel fragrance. In the opening, it features a peach note which feels quite artificial to me.

However, when the peach calms down, BonBon becomes a milky creamy caramel, with a slight tartness of madarine and some jasmin-like, vague floral note. It feels rather simple, but just so yummy~~ Sometimes, the milky texture and the vague white flower make me think of a gourmand gardenia as well.

The sillage of BonBon is moderate to soft. It's rather satisfying, but not too dense, so that it won't become cloying. The longevity is around 8 hours. BonBon is very enjoyable as a caramel fragrance, but at the same time, its price does seem too steep to me, to go with this rather simple and safe interpretation. I'd suggest testing other caramel fragrances before splurging on a full bottle.

bronstein
bronstein

Another sweet fragrance for girls (or women who don't want to grow up). Its only accomplishment seems to be that it tries to be even sweeter than the ones we already have. But whereas the likes of Princess by Vera Wang manage to combine sweetness with a hint of sensuality or individuality, this one may even make you sick. It is like a dessert whose only quality lies in serving as much sugar as possible. That's not a sign of quality but rather a lack of creativity. Avoid.

YunitaArien
YunitaArien

I love this. I don't care what other people say about this perfume. It smells wonderful and the bottle just matched the frangrace. Its expensive, as expensive as it smells. People said it smells like celebrity fragrances, perhaps because they only have celebrity perfumes in their collection. To my nose, this is divine.

bibibling
bibibling

I've held off on reviewing Bonbon because it DOES remind me of Britney Spears Fantasy in an odd way and I'm not sure what to make of that. Besides the color of the bottle and the fun playful theme, these two don't even share any of their major notes except, of all things, JASMINE, which I have failed to detect in either of them in any of the (what feels like) hundreds of times I must have worn them.

But this isn't to say that I think these two fragrances are identical, just similar. The same way you could say a peach and a nectarine look similar, or an orange and a tangerine.

I think the peach + caramel + citrus along with the amber come together in a real magical way and really do give the impression of perfumed hard candy. Even though I said I don't detect jasmine, I do get a floral feeling with this too, though this fragrance is definitely a gourmand.

To me, this is an amazing scent though I really do side-eye the price point. It doesn't feel like what's in this bottle HAS TO be that expensive, like there's some rare ingredient in it that can only be harvested in Madgascar on a full moon by magical lemurs riding on unicorns or something. Just looking at everyone else's reviews, a lot of people are the same as me, being reminded of much cheaper perfumes like Fancy, Candy or Juicy Couture.

So... Yeah, that's a huge disappointment. This needs to be no more expensive than Flowerbomb or Spicebomb in my opinion.

But if you have the money and you love the bottle, I'd say go for it. (I'd even say this one was blind-buy worthy but I can't because of the price.)

jdawg
jdawg

Well done Vikto Rolf for this. Starts off with a hint of citrus juice and sweetened wated but settles down floraly. Very attractive bottle. Very expensive. 8/10.

louisminaj

Upon initial application, I was a bit weary of this as it smelled so synthetic and not pleasant at all. But it quickly evolves into this very sweet, fruity smell. The peach, to me, is pretty jammy, so it smells quite thick also. The caramel is obviously the dominant note, and it really smells amazing. I'm not usually a fan of fragrances with caramel in it, as I think it can be very synthetic. But that's not that case here in bonbon. This fragrance is quickly growing on me and becoming one of my favourites.

The power of the scent is great, lasts a long time and for the first couple hours, it really projects, but it calms down after the second hour, but lingers for another 4 hours.

The bottle is one of the best bottle designs in my collection, I love the whole pink bow, with the iconic V&R tag. Love this bottle a lot and its surprisingly practicle!

I won a 50ml of this fragrance, but when it runs out I am going to buy the 90ml! I love it!

ellina1984

Today I tested Avon Pretty Magical (not on fragrantica currently). It smells identical to Bonbon. And costs but a few euros. If you love Bonbon but can't afford it, or won't spend as much money on a bottle, try Pretty Magical.

shopgirl

Starts off a very sweet perfume- yes definitely hint of peach and caramel, but the dry down is too sweet and reminds me of a celeb fragrance from Britney. Nice but not very sophisticated.

chrissyc15

Ok so I read all the reviews comparing this to Viva La Juicy. I own a small bottle of this and yes it is very similar. The main difference is that the floral notes aren't as prevalent.

WELLLLLL..... I was walking around Maxys and stumbled across the new VLJ Gold Couture. IT SMELLS IDENTICAL TO BONBON!!! Once VLJ calmed down the florals it turned into bonbon! I even wore BB on one wrist and Gold on the other.... IDENTICAL!

So not sure if BonBon copied Viva la Juicy or if Viva La Juicy copied BonBon when they came out with gold. either way if you love this fragrance but not the high price tag go buy Viva La Juicy Gold Edition. That's what I'm doing since I am almost out of my mini BonBon and want a full size bottle of this fragrance!!!!

gatsby
gatsby

hope I won t meet a girl smelling like this. Intoxicating, sufocating, boring....bleahh. Big fail from VR, and for the lovers, there is VIVA already so ..what for this fat butterfly (bow wannabe) copycat? UGLY bottle...btw, totaly kitsch.

LillyBelle
LillyBelle

It's a keeper! I love the gourmands. I get huge notes
of caramel with a hint of orange or orange blossoms.
And a wee bit of the jasmine. All together it's intoxicating. It's not a sticky sick sweet. It's been done in a classy way. It's not in your face. I can't get enough of this scent. Very happy to get it!
Longevity on this is outstanding! I can still smell it at 8 hours after application.

ellina1984

Another blind buy gone bad (deep, deep sigh). At first all I smell is peach and orange shampoo. Not perfume, just shampoo. I was patient enough to let this develop a bit, and eventually I got a nice (just nice) caramel.
I would never compare this to flowerbomb. Flowerbomb is sweet, guaranteed. But it is grounded by patchouli, and it is still adultly sweet in my opinion. This is way too childly to be a perfume. I really had high expectations.

duftduft
duftduft

I smell Orange, fine Caramel and Peach. But that´s all. Where is the Jasmine? Where the Cedar? To me it lacks depth and something extraordinary. As a owner I can honestly say: Extraordinary about BONBON is the price!

Arielrose
Arielrose

At last, I got a spray vial of this to test. I had been very curious about BonBon, because I love Flowerbomb so much. These are both sweet scents, but they are very different from each other. If sweet fragrance is your thing, BonBon is just fine and non-offensive. The pros are the caramel note - it's the most realistic caramel I've smelled in any perfume. It's a sweet smell that won't knock people over, as I find the sillage and strength light to moderate. I do detect some peach and very light florals, there is nothing heavy or deep about this one - super fun and flirty.
The cons are the bottle and the price. This isn't a travel-friendly container, for all the creativity of the design - and wow - the price! For this simple noted concoction, the price is WAY too high.
The perfume in my collection that most resembles BonBon is Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual. It has some similar notes and even shares the slightly sharp almost alcoholic note that hits me for about the first 15-30 minutes of wear. BonBon is a bit softer than Pink Sugar Sensual. If the price of BonBon is just too much to swallow, go for the Pink Sugar Sensual. I'd buy it if it was a better price, because it's a nice simple sweet scent for those days when you want it.

**A little update** After wearing it a little more, I'm really starting to love the way this smells on me. Yes it's simple - but it sure is a beautiful simple! Argh...gotta start saving my pennies! :D

punkinfaye
punkinfaye

For such a cute bottle, the frag is really "meh"...

I MUCH prefer my cheap bottle of Fancy, it is creamier, dreamier and lasts days on clothes.I wouldn't even put these two in the same class..I know my Fancy and this is nothing like it!

It doesn't smell like La Vie est Belle either, which is another rich deep scent, and this is totally gutless.

This lasted about 30 minutes on me (and I'm a liberal sprayer), and it didn't have any one note jumping out at me, just a sweet, generic candy like scent.

Like a lot of celeb frags out there (some of which I adore), it's trying to cater to the mass market but with that price point, I would expect a lot more. You're better off getting similar candy scents for $9.99 at Ross/TjMaxx/Marshall's to get your fix.

Thank god all I had was a sample..don't fall victim to the cute bottle ladies, the juice inside is not worth the price tag.

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

I am so glad I read the review on here of the person who likes V&R Flowerbomb EDT but then tried this. Everybody has put how sickly sweet this was and it had put me off trying this, but I impulse purchased this today and so glad I did. On me this is not like all the other sickly sweet perfumes and I agree with the person that has put this is a sweet perfume, but it does have a citrusy background which is lovely and for me stops this from being too sickly. If you can wear sweeter, gourmand perfumes, give this a try. Lovely.

Sheks
Sheks

I recently got this fragrance because some reviews stated it smelled like Prada Candy. I'm yet to fully get in the flow of the fragrance, I will write an update once I have a proper hold of the fragrance.

the_new_esta

Lately I've taken a break from sugary sweet perfumes. But for some reason today I craved this so much! Yum, I'll take my vanilla fly spray back every now and then.

princetongirl
princetongirl

I u wanna smell delicious and gorgeous smell this one !sooo yummy <3 perfect 4 all seasons

bluepistachio

Lovely bottle. Nice color. The perfume starts very sweet average-soft silage. The beginning of it reminds me a combination of Fantasy, Ivanka Trump, and a bit of Fancy. Even though it's very sweet, it's a shy scent. An hour later it becomes lighter and starts smelling a lot like D&G Pour Femme (a lighter and less powdery version of it).

I thought this would be a silage monster like Flowerbomb or La Vie est Belle. In terms of lasting power it's closer to skins scents such as Prada Candy and Coach Poppy Freesia Blossom. It's nice, but overpriced. The bottle is gorgeous and unique but I was expecting the fragrance to be just as amazing. It's very similar to other sweet fragrances out there and the lasting power is weak.

Nice scent, but nothing out of this world. 7.6/10

Bublegum
Bublegum

I really love the bottle, so cute. I believe it is good for those who love caramel and sweet perfumes. But I think at some points it tends to become overly sweet and clogging. I think it is a good gourmand perfume, but not very original I guess. One perfume that simply follows the gourmand trend of this decade. I doubt it will remain memorable. I don't see any similarities with Prada Candy, Viva La Juicy and La Vie Belle. Longevity and Sillage are moderate on me.
By the way, I am happy to see something else from them except from "Bombs".
Regarding the notes, I get the caramel, but not the peach (and I love peach notes)

Odelia
Odelia

if you are a gourmand perfume hoarder, go get it! really amazing. caramel with a citrus hint. sweet sour, not plain cloying sweet. I do not see any resemblance with Prada Candy...I do wish however that it would last a bit longer. As for the bottle...(FAIL) but anyways, the juice is worth it.

little elf
little elf

Ooh, I actually really like this one. But I'm not getting the majority of the "smells like" comparisons AT ALL. It smells nothing like Prada Candy, Fancy, or La Vie Est Belle. I haven't tried the Britney Spears one, so I can't compare the two. The only one I see the similarity with is Viva La Juicy, but this is a million times better. I loathe Juicy, this has similar notes without being a synthetic, syrupy mess. To me it smells like caramel and peach liqueur; indulgently sweet, but not pure sugar. It doesn't enter the realms of Pink Sugar and Fantasy at least. What makes this work for me is that there is a definite boozy feel to it, which makes it a much more luxe candy-gourmand. It might even be full bottle worthy.

Dafja
Dafja

This does not smell near jessica simpson fancy whats wrong with people. this is bonbon it smels like sweet bonbon with marzepein. It last 1,5 hour and then the smell is gone. Dont waist your money

ru2
ru2

Oooooooooh I LOVE THIS
Beautiful sweet scent.
Sweet is definitly the word. Very comforting and warming scent.
Reminds me of Ricci by Nina Ricci!

BenBnBe
BenBnBe

This is soooo beautiful sweet,enchanting fragrance!I love love love iiiit!
I was suprised!When I smelled it at first I was soo happy,full of energi,this perfume is fun,sweet and cosy!
At first it was a fruity,citrusy fragrance with the caramel in the background,and when it dry down,it turns into a gorgeous magical sweet caramel,which was so cosy,and creamy,just yummi with the amber which was warm!Such a beautiful sweet perfume,which is perfect for early fall,or maybe every day and everywhere and for every season!I loveeee it,super,love love love it so much!Just perfect

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

This perfume takes sweet to another level. This is not just sweet, this is overly, cloyingly, exhaustively sweet! My god!

Do you know this feeling when you eat something sweet for the first time after a while? Where you feel like all of your cheeks hurts? This is the feeling I get every time I smell this one! It stimulates my saliva glands and it hurts! I can even feel my teeth aching!

That's aside... Super sweet perfume addicts will be delighted with this one. It's heavy, monster projector and long lasting. It has good quality juice filled with caramel and fruits.

All in all it's a good quality perfume but I am not too fond of the perfume itself. So... I can't stand any woman close to me wearing this! I start drooling all over... She'll think I'm a creep!

jennibean
jennibean

Initially I thought this perfume was verrrry unique and pretty. Then 5 minutes in I realized that I very much know this smell.

It was Rihanna's Rebelle de Fleur!
I couldn't even distinguish the two!

It's sweet & syrupy and warm. Beautiful but certainly not unique.

Safira
Safira

Flowerbomb is definitely not my favourite perfume - for me it's way too intense and in you face noisy. There's no hiding in the corner with that scent on.

I was therefore somewhat sceptical about this one, but I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. For me this perfume doesn't change much over time - I like it from the initial spritz to the very end, and this baby is pretty longlasting, which is so nice.

This may be a safe scent, but who cares when it's utterly gorgeous. :)

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

My favorite fragrance is Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb EDT, so I was curious when I saw this at a store. The bottle is cute, as well as the packaging.

When I first sprayed it, it reminded me a lot of Victoria's Secret Sexy Little Things Noir for the first 15 minutes or so. I thought ''what a generic, overly fruity plain teenage-girl kinda fragrance. Boring and sad - I had so high hopes for the brand'', and found it to be waaaay to expensive for its quality and (non)uniqueness.

But after half an hour and longer, I could all the sudden smell a divine, rich, caramelly beautiful scent - something I had kinda tried before, but still was new to me. Of course it was my wrists (covered in Bon Bon) I could smell. The drydown is wonderful! It is in the same gourmand kind of style such as Lancôme La Vie est Belle, Prada Candy L'Eau, and even more like Jessica Simpson Fancy (all 3 which I own and love). But even though the warm caramel-scent is familiar and done before, this one is still its own, and it stands out.

Very longlasting, great power, and great projection (5 hours +) I don't care much for the beginning, but after 15 minutes it is beautiful.

Still, it is rather expensive, but I will definetely buy it :)

Claerwen
Claerwen

I got a sample of this and although it's pleasant enough, I wouldn't pay the retail price, far too expensive for what it is in my opinion.

I can see why it's called Bon Bon, although it's more in the vein of lemon bon bons rather than straight up caramel. Starts off with a soft, sweet orange tang, drying down to a faint creamy caramel much in the same family as In Control Curious as has been said before. On me it's fairly linear I'm afraid, however I do test all my perfumes by spraying on to cotton balls and leaving to develop, and using this method there was a lot more going on in the background, a sweet almost spicy floral scent lurking subtlety behind the orange caramel - if your chemistry is right this has great potential.

On me, the dry down smelt exactly the same as Al Rehab Dalal, only Dalal lasts hours longer and has much stronger projection. Also a fraction of the price!

I'd suggest testing this with your chemistry before paying so much, and if you like it but only get the orange and caramel, get Dalal instead.

xCx

nancybee93
nancybee93

I got the sample of it and I was pleasantly surprised I love the smell but it's too pricey

llburris
llburris

I was able to find 7ml mini bottles of this in Ireland for $45 and free shipping. They are splash and I love to drown myself with spray, but I poured a small amount on the back of my hand. Just seconds later, sooooo sweet that I couldn't stop smelling my hand for hours. It didn't last more than 3 hours but I'm not familiar if splashes are composed any differently. Does not matter. If I find a bottle of this big enough to be a spray, I will fight for it!

Musky4
Musky4

Every time I've smelled this from the bottle I've really liked it, but had never actually tried it on myself (I may have been put off by the name, the marketing, or whatever). So I decided to buy a sample in order to give it a try over a few days. I was especially interested in trying it as I noticed that some reviewers of one of my favourite perfumes, Alchimie by Rochas, thought they were similar fragrances. Well, now that I've tried Bonbon I'll say that it bears no similarity whatsoever to Alchimie. To me, Bonbon smells like a typical celebrity (Britney Spears?) scent, with little personality or anything to set it aside from all the other super-sweet, mass-marketed scents currently out there. I thought I would love this based on the notes, but sadly it just smells very synthetic and run-of-the-mill. Not unique or complex in any way, unlike my beloved Alchimie.

chrissyc15

Not ready to purchase a full size of this because its so pricey... But I lucked out and found a 7ml or .24 oz mini bottle for $35 which will let me see if I love it enough to purchase it at full cost! YAY! CANNOT WAIT for it to come in!

TimtanEssence
TimtanEssence

Tested this for the first time a couple of days ago. My fiance LOVED it and wanted to buy me a bottle immediately. This smells delicious and sweet. I've been afraid of sweet smells ever since my ex bought me "Midnight" by Britney Spears because everyone said I smelled like lollies (which was not my intention!). I guess, if you are intentionally smelling like a sweet it's totally fine. I have to say... I want to buy this one! Can't wait to expand my perfume wardrobe with this!

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

I got some samples at Saks for my girlfriend and I actually like it. I think of it as the ladies version of Pure Malt. We both like this fragrance but longevity on her skin is around 3 hours. If the price tag was $50 then it would be worth it but unfortunately its $115. A great scent but not a smart buy in my opinion.

auroramaria

Bon Bon is a very polarizing fragrance it's either love or hate.
Bon Bon is just what I expected it to be sweet and refined.
However I can see the comparison with other popular fragrances even though Bon Bon is very well crafted and quality is high.
On me it is very sweet but never cloying and that'show I wanted it to be so I'm not disappointed.
Also I find longevity really good.
This is just my humble opinion of Bon Bon I'm just happy with it.
EDIT it is a bit pricey to be honest the 90ml is about 130 Euros !

umma toga
umma toga

I tried Bon Bon today. It opened up exactly like viva la juicy on my skin but without the screechiness I get from the latter. As it dried down it smelled so similar to Aquolina gold sugar. Compared to these scents, it is definitely of more quality and much more sophisticated. I recommend it to sweet or gourmand lovers.
Edit: I have to come and edit my review. I now love bonbon. I was surprised at how much I enjoy wearing it. The caramel in this is absolutely decadent and sweet. There are definitely similarities to other gourmands but it's still quite a bit different to appreciate it on its own. I have just bought a 90ml bottle of this beauty.

auroramaria

To all lovers of Bon Bon I was browsing on the Douglas perfumerie in Holland and they have just launched the body creme of Bon Bon in a pink pot which is to die!!
The price is 123 Euros for 200ml but I can only imagine it will smell delicious! Can't wait till it gets to Italy

Greenandgold
Greenandgold

To all the people complaining that this is "too sweet" what the hell were you expecting? A soft floral? It's called BONBON

auroramaria

So it was worth it travelling all the way to Switzerland to get Bon Bon, this is the most delicious fragrance I have ever smelt, gorgeous and realistic caramel with a hint of peach on top, i can see the comparison with some celebrity scents but this is top quality and longevity is awesome. I love Bon Bon so much it's very sweet all the way through I can't get enough of it
Edit I can understand the comparison to Viva because of the fruityness of the peach but Bon Bon is on another level of quality

auroramaria

Bon Bon is going to be launched in Italy in January 2015 Heaven knows why so late anyway I'm travelling to Switzerland (only a couple of hours drive from Milan)to get a bottle of Bon Bon cause I cannot wait to try it I read all the reviews and as I love sweet and gourmands I think I will like it still you never know fingers crossed sorry this was not a review

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Bonbon is a sweet caramel and peach scent, with amazing longevity and lovely dry-down; to me, it's like an improved version of Viva la Juicy. There's a bit lesser resemblance to Prada Candy, since Bonbon has this sticky peach note which makes it distinct. Despite the childish candy+bow concept, Bonbon does not exclusively cater to younger crowd, it seems. On contrary, I think they aim at women of different ages, who still haven't outgrown their love for gourmand candy-like perfumes. One can endlessly whine about continuous line of mass produced sugary perfumes, but Bonbon is one of the nicer offerings among them, imho.

xocoatl
xocoatl

I had high hopes for this one. I hoped it would be like Prada Candy but with even more caramel. I also thought the bottle is cute and wouldn't mind putting it on my perfume shelf.

But it's a big disappointment. It's not the kind of caramel-toffee sweetness I had hoped for. It's not foul smelling by any means. But just straight up, toothachingly, super sweet. It's a bit simple for its price tag. It's a bit similar to Britney Spears Fantasy or Jessica Simpson Fancy to me, and you would save A LOT of money buying those instead.

susieqrj
susieqrj

Meh..... just tried this at Galeria Kaufhof (Berlin) and it is so boring... I kinda like sweet perfumes but this one has nothing new and nothing appealing. Not gonna buy it.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Wow, there must be a lot of super obsessed fans of this perfume! I wrote a slightly negative comment about this, and the ugly bottle, the other day and POOF .... I just noticed it's gone ! ! Hmm, I can only assume that so many lovers of Bonbon got enraged and furiously gave it countless thumbs down!

Tee hee ... just to test: I'll say what I said previously and see if this one disappears too!

Although I haven't smelled or tested this myself yet it sounds, from many of the reviews here, as if it's barely distinguishable from many other sweet, caramel'ish perfumes like Lollipop Bling, Can Can, Prada Candy, Pink Sugar, etc, etc, etc. If that's the case, for the high price I'm sure most people would expect something more unique and interesting. Also, the bottle's kinda weird and clunky looking! I have Hard Candy which is a sweet perfume and very caramel'ish, not dissimilar to Pink Sugar et al but more interesting and MUCH cheaper than this one, plus the bottle's nicer.

Just saying !! So, now I'll wait & see if this disappears too !

MissFassbender
MissFassbender

Sticky sweet, over the top, very strong marmalade smell, not for the faint hearted.. I feel like I have to open the window to get some fresh air when I have this on..How anyone can think this is attractive is beyond me..Absolutely not worth the price!

lizakaya
lizakaya

Toothachingly sweet candy floss and vanilla with a tiny bit of floral as a backbone. The bottle is lovely, a quite gorgeous nod at this sticky sweet gourmand. However, at this point in my fragrance journey, this is far too sugary for me to tolerate; close to a scrubber.

Tanyaoxo

I grew tired of this quickly and sold it on eBay. Pleasant, but not enough depth and is a bit over peachy-chemically/artificial smelling. I actually much prefer vs noir tease over this.

LisaMari
LisaMari

It's very sweet and snuggly. Like musky, vanilla sugar

TheCountess
TheCountess

Sugar water, in my opinion. I'll pass.

kay0981
kay0981

I have greatly anticipated this fragrance ever since it was first announced. I finally managed to get my hands on a bottle, and I am happy to say – I am not disappointed! Bonbon is pretty much everything it claims to be – it's sweet, delicious, soft and feminine. The overall scent falls in a similar category as many other mainstream gourmand perfumes, such as La Vie Est Belle, Prada Candy, and Viva La Juicy; but it isn't generic and manages to stand its own. It's a surprisingly complex and refined scent – it's not just a load of sugar and sweets being thrown at you with no concept behind it! Bonbon offers an interesting, distinctively layered composition, with caramel as the key note surrounded by a colourful palette of fruity floral accords.

Bonbon starts off quite loud, with bright, citrusy notes of peach and orange; although they smell more like orange-flavoured sweets, rather than an actual fruit. It is not the most impressive opener (a little chaotic maybe?), but Bonbon is one of those fragrances that gets more and more beautiful as it develops. In this case, the scent mellows out with time; it becomes smoother, warmer, deeper and more sophisticated. The caramel at the base is dense, thick, and very realistic-smelling; enriched with warm amber and sandalwood accords, which give it more depth. It's sweet, yes, but it still smells quite grown up, which is makes it stand out in comparison to many other sweet scents like Pink Sugar etc. Actually, the composition development in Bonbon reminds me a little of that in La Vie Est Belle (not that the two smell that similar) - both are very sweet all the way through; both open fruity and sparkling, and dry down to a smooth, soft and comforting aroma.

Although quite heavy, Bonbon doesn't become cloying in warm weather (if applied lightly). It's youthful, bright and playful, but with a little sexy side. There is something about it that reminds me a little of Flowerbomb... I think it's the same kind of bright, sparkling sweetness; the same playful attitude which doesn't take itself too seriously. I think that this fragrance has many qualities which will make it appeal to the masses, since it's very approachable and easy to like. If, like me, you enjoy sweet scents, this one will be a treat! <3
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

spicyserena
spicyserena

Sweet, soft and soothing. This is what I get from initial spray up to 3 hours later on my skin. The caramel and fruits do not overwhelm or feel too sharp and stinging like how some citrus do. Lancome LVEB smells much sharper. It reminds me a little of the usual sweet, vanilla celebrity scents, but it is of better quality. I like vanilla but I actually appreciate how this has no vanilla.

The base, amber, comes through at the 3-4 hour mark and it becomes spicy, with just a hint of sweet. Overall, I like the scent, not the model. The bottle is special and will look good on the vanity.

thomasx3
thomasx3

When i read the notes i was hoping for an incredible perfume that would make me fall in love. You know those rare perfumes that you just love and have to spray on yourself all day long. Well after trying this for a week i can say that it's nothing really new about this. Don't get me wrong, this is a lovely fragrance but it's just like the other typical sweet scents. I will say that something i did like about this is that it does have a hint of citrus which made it better than the regular overpowering sweet scents. It lasts pretty good on my skin, would say like 4-6 hours. The drydown is a faint vanilla scent. If you haven't used alot of sweet scents and you really wanna try something new then maybe this is for you. Me personally who have been through almost all the sweet perfumes in the world doesent get really impressed by this but overall its an ok perfume. :)

CozyCat
CozyCat

Very decadent and sweet. One of the most decadent, stickiest, richest, most beautifully blended caramel-based scent I've tried so far. It's not just pure caramel, it's dense and layered, with peach nectar, amber and abit of florals...that's what makes it so scrumptious and opulent. But mostly it is a caramel scent, a great one. Very strong and long lasting (~12 hours). You must have a desperate sweet tooth to enjoy this or it gets cloying fast. I like it alot, but I don't want to pay that much for it, plus I wouldn't get to wear it any other time except winter. I would die wearing this in summer or even spring.

Update: A fellow fragrantican has persuaded to try this scent again, and so I did, and it's not as cloying as I thought it would be, unlike La Vie Est Belle, this one is actually wearable in summer! I have 3 sprays on me and it's a quite warm night..I smell good...not overbearing inspite of how sweet and rich it is.

Vanilla Lovely
Vanilla Lovely

I have a new signature fragrance. Welcome to my life, BonBon. Finally a perfume that I can wear to work. It's a soft fruity scent with a vanilla/caramel softening touch that makes it just the ticket for daytime wear. Perfection in a bottle.

Jahzara
Jahzara

Oh I smell this in the perfume store yesterday and this is Heaven! It's so sweet and it's definitely a must have. It's on my want list! ♥

lexi.malevolent
lexi.malevolent

So this has FINALLY been released in New Zealand this week! I was expecting it to be really sweet given the name, and I couldn't remember any of the notes. It is not sugary or sickly at all. My partner actually liked it and said it "smells like passion fruit. Artificial passion fruit." Usually he says it just smells like perfume lol. I could instantly smell the passion fruit, peach and caramel. I don't smell any I understand the comparisons to Prada's Candy with the fruity caramel notes. It certainly does not smell like Flowerbomb, nor Fantasy, though I will now have to dig out my bottle of Curious In Control to see what I think of that comparison. I definitely think it's not so sweet that an older woman c/wouldn't wear it. I love all these huge ridiculous bottles! I know a lot of people think they are tacky, but I think they all are a creative masterpiece!

Women around the world!
Aren't you just had really really really really really had enough of all the sugary candy perfumes that overflow the perfume market for long years now?????????
When will this stop? :(

Emilia88
Emilia88

I sniffed this the other day despite the ugly bottle. Since I love flowerbomb I thought "how bad can it be?" Really, really bad, it turns out.
I always test perfumes on my hand so i spritzed some on and hoped it would turn nice on my skin but the whole day I could not get over the sickly sweet smell.
I don't get how some people thinks this is similar to flowerbomb, at all. Not only is FB very unique in it's way while bonbon smells like a cheap celebrity perfume. The two don't even compare. This is like a bad version of Prada Candy.
I'm kind of glad I didn't like it in a way, because I would rather put a used diaper on my vanity than this trainwreck of a bottle.
I might be extra grumpy because I really expected Victor&Rolf to deliver an amazing scent.
Sorry for being so negative. I was just so diseappointed.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Sweet n spicy. Caramel, amber, sugar galore and pepper. I like the beginning because it has some edge to it. Quickly it becomes a sugarbomb. Got some power too, lasts awhile.
Must try for sweet sugar olfactory lovers! Better than Prada's Candy I have to say.

At first it is sweet and nice like a caramel candy, but soon it changes into peach & caramel weird scent. After an hour, it is a monster, really. Scrubber. I don't like nauseating scents like this. I think it is in the same style as Tresor by Lancome. If you like Tresor, you can like Bonbon.

Update: base notes are total caramel, so in the end, it is pleasant again. However, only my deep devotion to testing perfume in every detail, made me wait for the base notes. I wanted to scrub it a lot earlier...

odisse
odisse

I am so so disappointed! Bonbon smells just like Britney Spears Fantasy, which is too bad since I hate Fantasy and it makes me ill. Had much higher hopes. It definitely don't remind in any sentence of Prada Candy. This is Britney's Fantasy in a cuter bottle. Why??? I really love Flowerbomb and Spicebomb (for my hubby) so this I really don't get??

prettyswag

@Raunchy...Let me say this: Flowerbomb lasts way longer ..9hrs, bon bon 3-4 hours (with flowerbomb..as u wear it..just because u cant smell it..others still can.. bon bon is viva la juicy mixed with justin bieber ..just ok.

sashaineurope

I have a question: does somebody smell similarity with Venezia by Laura Biagiotti or it is just me and my nostalgia?

raunchy
raunchy

is this have good longevity and sillage??
or just so so??
As bonbon pretty expensive, i really have to think about it before i decided to buy, will b great dissappoinment when doesnt last long.
Flowerbomb and Prada Candy doesnt last long when i do light spray, need over spray when special occasion. While Lancome LVEB or Amgel just monster and economic use.
Wish somoene could give me idea..
Thanks alot for the reply.. xoxo

Hannehoney
Hannehoney

Candy store in a bottle!
Immediately when I spray it, it reminds me of Fantasy by Britney Spears..The drydown actually reminds me of Fancy by Jessica Simpson.. It is sweet, but in a fruity way...
You can clearly smell the candy, but it's not overpowering, it stays close to the skin.. It does NOT fill the whole room.

I would say this is the grown up, sophisticated version of Fantasy.

I sprayed 2-3 spritzes and it doesn't give me a headache.
I love it! :)

AND the bottle is beautiful! :)

celebrity89
celebrity89

Flowerbomb with a macaroon sweet drydown like Prada Candy or Enchanted Wonderstuck.

Germany
Germany

Besides it being a quite obnoxious bottle I wanted to buy it anyways as I realy like the dry down of bonbon and I am a fan of flowerbomb for many years. Victor and Rolf have talent and I never yet disliked any of their perfumes.
Its sweet caramel and woody, the dry down that is. The beginning is nice as well but it's mainly orange and peach mixed with caramel notes and orange blossoms.
If you like sweet gourmands, viva la juicy , flowerbomb, la vie est belle and Prada candy you will probably like this one as well. It's like a younger sister of flowerbomb. Like a candy version of the original.
Still don't like that bottle, doesn't lay nice in hand. Flacon is nothing like flowerbomb.
Update : Love it even more now ,addictive !!! Lots of compliments ! Getting a second bottle.

panda0410
panda0410

Just got my hands on a decent sized sample of this and am underwhelmed.... after a little sniffing a wear time a vast string of celebrity caramel based scents went running through my mind...BS Curious In Control prob the closest to my nose, but others, like Can Can, Pink Sugar, JS Fancy (you get the drift) are very reminiscent as well. No, not the same, but pretty damn close. Close enough to *not* warrant the expense of this pricey frag which does nothing to separate itself from any of the celeb frags in the same genre. Horribly linear and after just a few hours becomes indistinguishable - longevity is pretty poor, with average to minimal sillage. I still prefer Prada Candy for caramel scents, that benzoin zing really pulls it apart from everything else and for the price point if I'm going to spend this much money ($99AU/30ml to $199AU/90ml) it really needs to not be as "samey" as any fragrance I can find on a chemist or clearance store shelf.

Vanilla fly spray

nightcat23
nightcat23

Just smelt this. It's lovely, rich, decadent and has awesome lasting power. A good quality fragrance just as you would expect from Viktor & Rolf but as I continue to smell the tester strip, it smells just like In Control Curious by Britney Spears. It's got a warm, caramel and creme brûlée vanilla vibe going on. Very sweet and yummy. But obviously BonBon is far better quality and superior lasting power.

rue_de_la_roux
rue_de_la_roux

Finally tried this today. I was on a smelling spree and tested out 5 fragrances I had been waiting to get my nose into.
Oh, I don't know, BonBon just didn't sing for me when I was in the store nor on the way home. Now hours later when I stick my nose on my wrist it smells better, it's worn off quite a bit but it's improved. Still, it's lots of caramel, burnt or toasted sugar caramel, lots of sweetness. I swear I got a whiff of musk in there. And chocolate, something registered chocolate-like in my brain.

Yes it's nice, it smells good, it does smell like something I've smelled before, just can't put my finger on what. It also reminds me of the many gourmands on the market today, many of the more lower priced gourmands. So for $115. I've got to pass on this. I guess I expected it to knock my socks off just like Flowerbomb did years ago. I do keep huffing at my wrist but it's not worth it to me. Not in love. In like, not love.

stayclassy
stayclassy

I can officially say In Control and Bonbon are not the same. They are similar in a way, but they are not the same. There were so many comparisons, I went out and bought a bottle of In Control for the sole purpose of comparing the two - I had already bought Bonbon.

I had never smelled In Control before. I'm old enough to have smelled it, I just avoided those fragrances because I was not a Britney fan when I was younger. In Control to me was mainly a vanilla with some darkness to it. The crème brulee helps it some, but I still get mostly vanilla.

Bonbon for me, is a golden caramel. Sure, if you think of it in a food sense, caramel is going to have vanilla in it, but caramel isn't straight vanilla. I think that's the main difference. However, I also think there's more depth to Bonbon than In Control. Bonbon just seems to be made better.

I prefer Bonbon, I think it's a much better overall fragrance, both in it's scent and how long it lasts(all day!). But no perfume is worth breaking the budget, so I think In Control is a good 2nd.

amywamywoo
amywamywoo

Straight up sweet shop overkill...its delicious, I love it!

It's all warm gooey caramel and peachy amber, very sweet and very Viva La Juicy esk with better sillage and longevity.
It's far from mysterious or complex, but I don't think it's trying to be out there is it?
Love the bottle too, it's super cute.

FiaM
FiaM

Very usual sweet notes. Too close to bargain perfumes to justify the price. I'm SAD :( I wanted to buy it.

Sherihan
Sherihan

I will really fight with my guts to try it next time in the shops, as all this sweetness in the notes written here,and even the pictures in the campaign turned me off, I'm sorry but I'm classical kind of style oriented by jenes , but will test and post my very short review. When it comes to the bottle, personally I find it creative with kind of Art Deco vibe...

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

I absolutely am in like with this.

Spunky sugar, with a warm blanket of woods over topping the peach. It's the type of fragrance you would wear in 50 degree, wet, rainy temperature. Snuggle with your boo thang. Smells sexy yet youthful.

People seem to be annoyed when comparing expensive fragrances with cheaper ones, but this smells very close to BBW's Forever Rum. So much so that I own Forever Rum so I will not be purchasing this one.

Anyway, it's worth a sniff.

Spicy
Spicy

Sweet, chewy caramel. Kind of Cotton candy, Fantasy, Can Can. Overpriced.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Is it a joke? To sell such a cheap smelling fragrance for 86 €/100 ml? Buy a play dough in a toy store and you have the smell. Tons of sugar and after 30 minutes plastic smell, which never disappears.

velveteenbloom
velveteenbloom

This truly does smell like a chewy caramel candy! I never thought I would like it...or harbour thoughts of even buying it considering how it smells but I would, if only just to press my nose to my wrists and imbibe the decadent air of a gourmet candy store.

It's a very wholesome, rounded, buttery scent with ingredients in all the right proportions to create a caramel confection that melts in your mouth, rather than a cloying, saccharine candy you want to get rid off. I kinda think (i.e. my opinion only) it's what Prada's Candy was aiming to be but never lived up to.

almarie

I totally love this scent! It is so decadent and gourmand! I bought it off the Saks website and I am addicted to it! In fact, yesterday I bought the body lotion as well and I am so excited to receive that in the mail also. I just hope at some point there will be a body cream because I think body creams are more luxurious, so let's hope on that note! But either way, this is a true winner once again from V&R! Simply the best!

Donaldquick123
Donaldquick123

Can I just say I LOVE this perfume soso so much it's unique in its own way the only thing that I can understand why people are mad is that it's another sweet perfume from Viktor and Rolf so they played it safe again but honestly I have never smelled this before and man do I love it! When I first got this from saks I could not wait to get it home and open the box when I did I took out the most beautifully crafted bottle I have seen yeah it's girly and somewhat tacky but that's what I love about it such a unique bottle. But anyways on to the fragrance! Bonbon starts out with a burst of Carmel and orange blossom. The Carmel is not like the Prada candy Carmel where it's sticky and somewhat heavy this is very sweet and gourmand it's the perfect Carmel perfume I have ever smelled mixed with the orange and a dark aura of woodsy notes makes this my new signature scent I love it I love it I love it!! Now for the ad bc everyone is hating on the advertisement yeah she is nude but the ad is susspoed to represent that fragrance can almost be worn as cloths hence the ribbons painted all over her body! All in all this is one of my favorite perfumes of 2014 so far and possibly every oh and btw this smells nothing like Flowerbomb or viva la juicy! 20/10

Perfume_Lover85
Perfume_Lover85

This smells like Viva La Juicy in a different bottle to me. I tested it yesterday and that's the first thing that came to mind, then I let my sister smell my wrist and asked her what she thought I was wearing and she said 'Viva La Juicy' VLJ is my fave perfume so I do love this and I adore the bottle, I just can't justify paying all that money for a scent I already have that I got cheaper.

Lovely scent though, if you love Viva La Juicy you're bound to love this.

I've noticed VLJ and Bonbon share 5 out of 10 of the same notes, I just wish they didn't smell as close as they do to me, I'd really liked to have owned both :)

dovey
dovey

Just tried it at Myers .........LOVED IT :)
Victor & Ralf are finally reconciling with all the sweet perfume lovers (like me)
Done perfectly its sweet yet elegant just like a candy (bonbon)
bottle is the cutest thing I have ever seen in a while
Love everything about it..... the scent, its name , its colour , the bottle

prettyswag

This not sweeter than flowerbomb, its fruity more so....if you read : Scented salamander review on this...she hints a justin b scent waves in the scent ...read her full take on it.

effy18
effy18

i bought the full size because i really enjoy it. its almost like flowerbomb but more sweet. if you love sweet scents you will totally love it. the longevity is really great i sprayed it yesterday and my t-shirt still has that nice scent.

prettyswag

this is justin b fragrance in better quality..dashed with viva la juicy...no prada candy, no js fancy, no britney control..not even to me ..

prettyswag

singin''keyshia cole))))."Ive changed my minnnnd....... I dont love..uuu...I like this scent but exchanged it for another bottle of flowerbomb...and overall...it doesnt touch flowerbomb in depth and it went more justin b girlfriend type scent on me and on me ITS NOT even that sweet..more fruity than anything and soft sweet on the drydown...if ppl think this is really really sweet..this is light sweet compared to my dior addict (DARK BLUE bottle)..which i love as well. flowerbomb is still the best!

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

I have to agree with jadelove below. I was not moved previously by this fragrance as I found no depth or intrigue and I prefer a fragrance to have a little mystique... Even if the composition is simple, there should be something a little out of the ordinary, otherwise it will just be... well,... ORDINARY.
Unfortunately, now having learned what the creators had to say about developing the fragrance, I am even more disappointed at the unapologetic lack of creativity that they have embraced as their 'thinking out of the box' style.
Essentially, the fragrance is 'safe'...
Nothing revolutionary, nothing unexpected, nothing with a twist, just a list of favourite notes with not even the courage to try and push the envelope.
I LOVE the smell of Peach... I LOVE the smell of Caramel... I love the smell of Mandarin... of Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Amber, Sandalwood and everything else that is the staple of most modern fragrances... But it all seems so... NORMAL in here. I appreciate that V&R are giving a shot at the very gourmand(nice enough-but nothing special)but this has missed the boat, and there are some that had the guts to do it better and more strikingly than, again, going for the most popular and safest composition to target mostly everyone and yet still have them believing they are being individual and unique. From a lover of gourmand orientals, I'm so sorry not to like this enough to 'like' it.

heymoe9
heymoe9

Always on the hunt for a new scent with peach in the top, middle or bottom note, I thought this would be "the one", the holy grail of peach. I was completely wrong of course. There was nothing but the cloyingly sweet smell of hard candies on me. I got a bit of caramel, but not the rich creamy caramel that I was craving.
Since body chemistry plays such an important part on how a perfume smells on each person, I can't really say this was a bad perfume, just not good on me. My friend smelled wonderful. Try before you buy.

There should be a warning on the bottle warning against tooth decay due to the intense sugar (smell) content.

missdietcoke1
missdietcoke1

Upon spraying it is slightly citrusy and I hated that, I can not stand anything with citrus, but after a minute it moves to the back and it helps to bring out the sweetness of the caramel.
I love Flowerbomb and now I love the BonBon, it is on my "to buy" list.
Longetivity is excellent.

cherie97
cherie97

It's so sweet. The beginning reminds me of Euphoria. Very sugary scent. To me it's all about caramel and a hint of peach. Not my cup of tea, but all the sweet scent lovers will love this:)

The bottle is so pretty :) !!

ameliunim
ameliunim

Caramel, Caramel, Caramel.. I know few perfums which have it in main notes, but here it's the most beautiful caramel which I ever smellt in a perfum. It's sweet but not too much, intriguing, warm but not overwhleming and gorgeous. I absolutely love it.

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

I was REALLY excited for this scent because it has all the features of my favorite fragrances: sweet, sweet, and sweet. Bonbon is definitely not an inventive scent; it lies on the same ground as La Vie Est Belle, Prada Candy, and Jessica Simpson Fancy. It is similar to Flowerbomb, but much more gourmand. I get plenty of caramel and peach on my skin. I was disappointed that the perfume is quite linear; I anticipated a more sultry scent from V&R. Decent sillage and longevity, not too cloying. I first heard this compared to B&BW Twilight Woods and I have to say I understand the comparison. Bonbon is sweet and girly and fun, but the V&R price point just isn't acceptable for a scent this common. I definitely enjoy wearing it, but wouldn't pay full price for this one.

jadelove
jadelove

Tried this on a card, then my skin yesterday.

I was ready to like this, not a fan of Flowerbomb (nice - but didn't grab me) LOVED the Rose Explosion version, so was hoping for something possibly high quality and perhaps amazing with Bonbon.

Sprayed.... waiting waiting... boring. Huh? Did I spray Justin Bieber's Girlfriend by mistake? What's happened here?

This is a very very VERY safe fragrance and I found it very linear. There is not much standing out - to me it all meshed into a sweet fruity floral combination and not in a gourmand/foodie sort of way.

Another disappointment - it doesn't last very long. The scent faded after a couple of hours, which is surprising considering the incredible length on V&R's previous fragrances.

Overall, the scent is forgettable and the quality is lacking - not worth the price tag. I'll be keeping my AUD$99 (for 30ml) this time.

WildDove

Fun scent - reminds me so much of Viva La Juicy and pricey by comparison.

Ok, this is sweet, but not as sweet as I expected, with a name like Bonbon...it isn't that similar to Flowerbomb either...My issue is that that scent has to my nose a big synthetic vibe, not sure which notes would produce it I think the guaiac wood, then the scent won't develop at all...I feel I have smelled it before, iit is like Viva la juicy almost. t isn't anything new, or different, even great for that matter..
I wouldn't be caught dead paying what they are asking for...!!
The bottle might be cute, but the scent is nothing great..not impressed .
The good thing is longevity is good..
I feel La vie est belle is 10 times better, more complexity, more dimension.
This is like Mariah Carrey Lollipop bling, or stuff like that.

louisminaj

WOW! When people said this was sweet, I underestimated how sweet it was going to be! Toothache in a bottle! The smell is pure caramel, then flombayed with sugar, then drizzled in what I thought smelled like a cherry jam! Way, way too sweet, just too sweet. The bottle is gorgeous though. Also the price is ridonkulous! £93 for the 90ml for christ sake! I will stick to my Jimmy choo for my sweet smell. This is too much for me. Not horrible, just too sweet.

Takhaet
Takhaet

Nice , sweet and thats all . Nothing special.
The only 'outstanding' and ' distinctive' feature of this fragrance is its price- absolutely ridiculous and I can not find any justification for it. My eyes nearly poped out my face when I saw the price tag almost £50 for 30ml ! Shocking!

shopgirl

With all the advertising and novel bottle design I was expecting a 'WOW' , what I got is 'it's alright' - just alright. The scent reminds me of a wardrobe pomander , so all in all quite disappointed.

Ghosty
Ghosty

This scent is a bad joke - plastic, oversweet, boring and the price - almost 100EUR?

ForrealMe2

Something to note about these type of fragrances:
I don't know what it is about caramel but i have to agree with someone below.. because it is so sweet you get tired of it very quickly..meaning you have to be in the mood for it later just something to consider...just like Pink Sugar..i adore it but i have to be in the mood for it now..i wasn't always like that with that one..i use to gorge with that fragrance but your sense of smell changes as you grow.. plus i notice that the season changes do affect you sometimes like if its too hot it changes your desire for these sweeter thicker fragrances they become an overwhelming cloud where you may want to gag LOL.. i have been having that experience with Pink Sugar lately being its spring verging on summer time now..i have bought a few different caramels and while when they are first sprayed they are delicious but afterwards they don't strike my interest the way praline,vanilla or chocolate does...these combinations with maybe a citrus, cherry or apple top or middle notes always keep it interesting but caramel just becomes too sweet and dark it just becomes uninteresting after awhile...its crazy because licorice not overdone never does this either only caramel..i think when you put caramel or even licorice in the back ground or only to sweeten it up a bit or to make something creamy it is fine but when it takes over especially with too much vanilla it is too much even for me. What happens is its like cooking a dish you put too much of one ingredient and that is all your going to taste and it takes away from it.

Don't get me wrong I love loud fragrances,check out my tops you will see what i am talking about.. but praline, licorice, vanilla, chocolate, cherry, strawberry, citrus, lime, lemon and the combination of these together have never ceased to amaze me...as you can see with this fragrance its like something is missing..in dolce & gabbana the one desire they did it just right they added citrus with the litchi and caramel and it was a very sweet but interesting mix but once again i tired of it because i dunno there is something about just caramel that doesn't do it for me it's an example of how too much sweetness not balanced out can repulse the body as you wear it..i am not saying Desire is not good by the way..i love it and own it but i don't wear it as much for this reason...BonBon didn't take me anywhere...i didn't get any excitement from it..it was just sweet and nothing different. I consider safe fragrances ones i'll never use. For me since i am use to fragrances being loud this doesn't strike me but for those who are new or not used to louder fragrances this will be very sweet to you but once your used to these type of scents you will see this isn't very loud or challenging at all. It just feels safe.

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

Super sweet. Almost too sweet at first spray but lovely as it settles. For me, the peachiness really comes through along with the caramel. I'm loving it. It's addictive.

prettyswag

the dior fragrance was 90.00 in 2011..for 100ml...now its 120.00 in 2014....so all fragrances got a 20.00 raise! lol!

prettyswag

i like the scent but i will agree on the price...But..AS OF..2014..ALL fragrances have gone up in price and its not so much as liking it or not...even some higher fragrances(TOM FORD im looking at you)..ARE not worth their price either...so its all marketing...just like a lv purse ppl pay 1500 for that..and their not all that either..one in the same.

xclairabellax
xclairabellax

I nearly fell off my chair when I saw how much this is!!

How utterly ridiculous..I can not believe how anyone would want to spend so much money on these churned out sickly sweet perfumes. This just gave me a terrible headache! I`m not one to react this way to a perfume but I just couldn`t stomache it.

I`m very sorry to anyone who may actually really love this one but in my humble opinion Viktor & Rolf are taking the p#*@

Sweet? You weren't kidding!
My girlfriend works for a duty free company and had tried this some weeks ago, she told me about it as she knows my love of sticky, sweet gourmands.
First just let me comment on the bottle, it's a cool concept but somehow came out a bit clunky. It's okay but resembles an overweight and distinctly poisonous looking butterfly as much as a cute bow.
That aside the scent is sweet caramel and inherently feminine peach and jasmine. That initial sweetness does settle after a minute or two and reveals a slightly (very slightly mind) more mature fragrance. This being said Bonbon is too sweet and would get on my nerves (on anybody) after a while, it would be a while too it has great longevity. Bonbon is certainly not suitable for this man to wear.
This could've been a triumphantly bold gourmand fragrance but it just sadly lacking something for me and falls into the realms of a sweet fragrance for women who like that sort of thing but nothing spectacular.

kcondidorio
kcondidorio

I love this perfume, its sweet and feminine. It is not over powering and has a very good lasting powers on my skin. Definately rate it!

penguin1010
penguin1010

I just got a bottle today at Saks....also got the free mini with purchase for the win! I love this fragrance, just as I love Flowerbomb. On my skin, Bonbon is actually a little more floral than Flowerbomb, strangely enough. It is also more fruity. I spritzed it on my left wrist about two hours ago and it's still there. It has actually dried down to a scent very similar to Flowerbomb, but just SLIGHTLY sweeter. On me it wears more "creamy" whereas Flowerbomb is a little more "crisp." I had expected Bonbon to be much sweeter than Flowerbomb given that it is named after a candy; however I still love it. The caramel is not as sweet or pronounced as it is in Prada Candy, which may be a plus if Candy is too sweet for you. All in all it's a fun, girly fragrance, and if you like Flowerbomb, I can 100% guarantee you will like this. For me, it is actually similar enough that I will not need to replace my Flowerbomb when it runs out. P.S. On my right wrist I Iayered Creed Acqua Fiorentina and Bonbon...it smells awesome! Creed AF pulls out the fruitier notes of Bonbon and they work together really well. P.P.S. I think the bottle is cute, even if it does have a lot of haters. :-) UPDATE: 2 hours later (to make 4 hours total), and I can no longer smell the left wrist with just Bonbon. However I can still smell the right wrist which was layered with the Creed.

hanin80
hanin80

The bottle looks like the one of Coque d'Or Guerlain for women!!

he smell is wayyyyy different: BONBON is extremly sweet and girly, while Coque d'Or Guerlain is mature and elegant.

prettyswag

I got this and love it, plus got 15% off and got free mini and free shipping! So with my love for flowerbomb , love this sweet one too!

BeckySue22
BeckySue22

Nothing but sweetness and warm caramel. Like a big bowl of caramel fudge. Which is great! But it doesn't smell very complex. And for the high price, I don't think this incomplex scent is worth it. To me it smells like Heat by Beyonce. Which is way less expensive.

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

Starts of very nice, juicy, fruity, sweet. But the dry down is just plain vanilla and sugar. Nothing more. Flowerbomb is way more complex.
It's okay but not that special. Off the want list for now.

AmoreProfumi

This sounds really nice...I've still yet to smell it still though, but after seeing that price point I have to say V&R did you's fall && smack your lil heads on the pavement (read that in Miranda's voice from DWP)...$115 for a 1.7oz?!?...hell! if I wanted to pay Niche prices I'd just pay 5 more bucks && buy Montale least I'll know I'm getting some real good quality stuff that lasts...not saying that this prob doesn't...But seriously get real...people don't want to pay that price for some perfume (I mean flowerbomb's right there with it) buh this is a brand new release && it's even more then Flowerbomb...WTH?!...I swear you designers think...hey they love us already let's put this ridiculously outrageous price on it especially for a 'brand new release' we have a zombie trance on them they'll pay it no doubt...HELL! not I IDC how good it is, guess I'll just have to let other people enjoy it for me cause the only way I'd want this is if someone gifted it to me...but seeing as quite a few ppl say it smells like B. Spears In Control...(which if true is sad) WTH would you waste your $$ on this...any who w/e that's all I have for this...$165!! pahaa yea you can shove that up your dark spots!

almarie

I just received this from Sak's in the mail. I adore this!!!!! I need like 5 backup bottles of this stuff, LOL. But really this is better than FLowerbomb in my opinion and I absolutely adore FB so this means a lot if I say anything is better than FB! Way to go, V&R!!!!

misscherie07
misscherie07

It smell like flowerbomb but 10 times sweeter.

ForrealMe2

update..there is no way this is like Britney Spears Curious In Control..I owned that and that fragrance is a very dark caramel the darkest i have ever tried hence the reason i believe they chose that black bottle which is gorgeous.. it is very unique to remember and definately represents the caramel candy..i couldn't pull it off because it was so dark and sweet....BonBon is a very light caramel and fruity like polar opposites. To get a better picture think more Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire...same brighter caramel..yes very good quality but not dark like In Control..i don't get how you guys are seeing it the same at all...In Control is uniquely dark and different.

Riny
Riny

Ok so I got to the counter yesterday and sprayed on the back of my hand and walked away. Kept sniffing it as I walked around Myers. Yum. Went back to counter and asked if they had a sample. Lovely lady at counter gave me the sample. Kept sniffing it on my hand. Calmly walked back to the counter and said " um, I just have to buy this...."

To be fair I am a big fan of Flowerbomb and Eau Mega. I think there is a time and place for shy scents that are content to stay in the background but for the most part I like people to know when I have walked through a room. More importantly, I like to still be able to enjoy the smell of myself at the end of the day/evening. I find Viktor & Rolf, (as well as my all time fav, Christian Dior) fragrances give excellent sillage for money.

Bonbon is no exception. It's definitely an extroverted fragrance. The caramel is the most prominent note on me. It's not sickly to me at all... Sweet but a bit floral and fruity to balance the sweetness of the caramel. I know there are many sweet caramel fragrances around at the moment but trust me, this has more depth than most others. It doesn't smell cheap.

I own ALOT of fragrances at any given time and I like to use the people around me as guinea pigs to see which ones they react most positively to. I wore Bonbon to dinner last night (hubby was at a mates place so didn't get to experiment with him) and when I got to my sisters house my brother in law commented right away "you smell nice". Sister said "hey yeah what is that ?". Will try it out on my hubby this afternoon and at work on Monday.

All in all very happy I bought it and would buy again when it runs out.

jonr951
jonr951

In short, BonBon = Reb'l Fleur top + In Control dry-down. That is all. ^_^

♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆

Delicious! Love at first whiff! It's funny, this one's very tropical fruity sweet in the beginning, like a cross between Rihanna's Reb'l Fleur, which is very Flowerbomb-ish, and JLO's Miami Glow. It's a sweeter, with the obvious and fantastic dose of salty caramel, Miami Glow/Reb'l Fleur, without Reb'l Fleur's Flowerbomb dry-down. I might be crazy, but that's what I get from it so far. I definitely have more testing to do. I love it, but my precious Flowerbomb is still my #1. For all you sweetie lovers, it's a MUST try and buy! And it certainly isn't TOO sweet. This isn't Pink Sugar. Gosh, I freaking love the salty caramel, and wish there was a bit more of it. Haha! Besides that, Bravo V&R. : )

And it DEFINITELY reminds me of Britney's In Control, which does have a crème brulee note, in the dry-down. It SHOULD be edible. Haha! : )

Oh, and BonBon is definitely not a Prada Candy knockoff. They're two different caramels/sweeties. ^_^

Lol, my cousin said it reminded her of Pink Sugar, so I don't know. Everyone needs to test it for themselves. : )

Update 5/21/14: When I wear BonBon, my fam and friends tell me I smell like Fantasy. Wtflip. I spent how much to smell like Fantasy?! I'm not cool with that comparison, no matter how much I love Britney and the original Fantasy. I refuse to believe them. Hahaha.

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

I smelled this in the store today. I absolutely love this. I use Flowerbomb in the fall and winter and love that one so bad. This is something i absolutely love as well, i might even prefer it!
To me its for young women in their early 20's who dont take themselfs too serious and enjoy their lifes.

Its sweet though. If you dont like sweet, you will disslike this.

I sprayed this 2 hours ago and it still smells just as strong. Im going to be sad when it leaves my wrist cause i dont own this yet.

Will buy this ASAP!

(This reminded me a bit of Britney Spears Fantasy!)

mich19
mich19

I was absolutely dying to smell this and couldn't wait for it's release in Australia. I am a huge gourmand lover and as soon as I smelled it I bought it!
I was a little over excited and made an impulsive purchase before really letting it settle on my skin. I ripped the box open as soon I was in the car and sprayed it all over myself. I went straight home and my husband couldn't even smell it! Over the next few days I wore Bon bon and sprayed and sprayed throughout the day. It is delicious, but on me, the sillage is terrible!
I payed $199 in Myer for a 90ml bottle and nobody can smell it on me! Not one compliment. I even have to put my nose on my wrist in order to smell it on myself.
I do like the scent, but am extremely upset at the poor sillage on me. I hope others have more luck with this one.

anamalia
anamalia

I saw this in store and purchased it straight away. It has the viktor and rolf essence - a similar composition to flowerbomb in the sense that bonbon has a sweet and almost milky sweetness.

Opens sweet and caramel heavy, although not in a sickly sweet way, the scent has a fruity element - the peach is soft and juicy, while the sandalwood was undetectable on my skin.

Silage is great, it is a strong scent and to me it is more wearable than flowerbomb.

wonderlu
wonderlu

This was like smelling on a purple sugarcan, way too sweet! I like the original flowerbomb, but has always liked their summer edition more, probably because of the citrus. If i used this i probably had to go to the dentist after a week. A bit overwelming! But with that said, i would't mind trying it again if a lighter edition comes out.

ForrealMe2

I spotted this behind the counter at Saks hidden...for who knows why either because of the way it looks or because someone might snatch it LOL. I'm youthful at heart so i like anything girly and i don't mind the bow.But this fragrance reminded me in some way like Dolce & Gabbana The One Desire because of the caramel.Its not the exact same feel but kinda close, Desire is much richer and sweeter with the caramel...this fragrance is lighter and smells like sweet cranberries because of the caramel versus the litchi in Desire..Flowerbomb is way sweeter than this one..its a different type of sophisticated fruity floral that's a bit linear..all the notes come together as one but the caramel & peach is what sticks out the most..more so the caramel. The bottle is youthful and fun..i think this is leaning towards the younger crowd definitely because it is way lighter than Flowerbomb...i don't like to compare it to Flowerbomb but if your looking for sweeter i don't think this is but if Flowerbomb was too much for you then i think this will suffice. If it was given to me as a present i would totally wear it though. I think they wanted to try a new gourmand combo and for that i salute them for finally venturing out.

elnaz_sn
elnaz_sn

I love it , sweet warm fruity and definitely very sexy. Long lasting, not sure about the silage, playful and elegant. Bought it at Selfridges on a whim and don't regret it at all! flowerbomb is less long lasting, and much less caramel. This is more fun. there is a free giveaway on a VIP panel on the debenhams beauty page on facebook for the launch in debenhams, a few members are given 30 ml samples :)

lucifera
lucifera

smelled it, again a sweet scent but it's an improvement of their flowerbomb ;)
might want to have it
actually it's a perfect replacement for viva la juicy!

SBunny
SBunny

Soft and sweet. At the beginning it's peachy and sweet with an underlining softness. Soon the orange blossom seeps through and adds a soft spiciness to it that stays all the way through. The caramel isn't thick and candy but sweet and creamy melding with the orange blossom, amber and some sandalwood making the dry down of this quite warm.

This isn't revolutionary but it is quite pretty. With the candy shaped bottle and the sweet fragrance it will definitely appeal to the masses.

On me I found the lasting power and sillage to be excellent. When I went to test it in Selfridges I could smell it before I could even see it. It lingered really well through out the entire day.

I think this would be very versatile depending on the season. I think the base notes and the soft spiciness will really shine once the weather is cold again and the peachy softness is perfect for Spring.

fcampbelljones
fcampbelljones

I have to agree with Caist, it's a lovely scent but just not as bold as I would have liked.

Personally, I'm a gourmand lover and I had really hoped for something deeper.

It makes a very nice, unoffensive sweet summer fragrance but I won't be throwing down any money for it

Tanyaoxo

I would like to add that the lasting power is amazinggggg

Tanyaoxo

Okay so another Sa Told me the U.K. Launch is actually Thursday and was kind enough to give me a sample! True to what another reviewer has said, you can still smell the flowerbomb trait underneath only this is sweeter and fruitier. The fruity aspect is actually very fresh, it's definitely a summer fragrance. It's very girly and bubblegum, reminds me of viva la juicy! Lasting power seems to be good so lovers of viva who hated the lasting power might be lovers of this one. It's a very girly happy go lucky scent bordering on escada! It doesn't have too much depth to it, I might have enjoyed some patchouli- however if like me you are able to enjoy a simple fun fragrance then you will enjoy this too! Those who were looking for something different/exotic/uber sexy might be disappointed. But I like it! Not sure it's a favourite though, but it's nice!

Tanyaoxo

Launches in the UK on Wednesday in Selfridges next week, (where I work just behind) can't wait to try this one!

HyacinthBucket
HyacinthBucket

I shouldn't judge a book by its cover but that bottle is just hideous. Looks like one of those Avon Christmas decanters.

Caist
Caist

Don't get your panties in a bunch I actually smelled it, the rep had it drammed in a atomizer.

Unfortunately nothing about it wow'd me.. so don't get excited for something different.

You can still smell the bass notes of their prized flowerbomb underneath a subtil tone of the carmel and mandarine, which fade after about 15-20 minutes. Another disappointment.. they were too scared too stray into something different, this just smells like a sweeter flowerbomb. Or almost very much like Lancome's La Vie Est Belle.

You played it too safe V&R

MyFaveIsGlobal
MyFaveIsGlobal

Here you guys go again! Messing up the scales before a fragrance is even out and ruining things! DON'T RATE SOMETHING THAT'S NOT EVEN OUT YET!

almarie

Personally, I like the bottle- not the model. I cannot wait to try the actual perfume! Viktor & Rolf have amazing perfumes!!!

SS79
SS79

Sounds yummy!! NOW... If I wear this scent.. do I get to look like the model in the pic? LMAO!! :-)

Endymion

Am I the only one to sense relation to Prada Candy in name and notes?

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Viktor&Rolf Bonbon fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Viktor&Rolf Bonbon, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Bonbon by Viktor&Rolf. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Bonbon by Viktor&Rolf represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.