Designers » T-Z » « Groups

Accord Chic Yves Rocher for women

Accord Chic Yves Rocher for women
dislike

smoky
Accord Chic Yves Rocher for women Pictures Accord Chic Yves Rocher for women Pictures Accord Chic Yves Rocher for women Pictures Accord Chic Yves Rocher for women Pictures Accord Chic Yves Rocher for women Pictures

Accord Chic by Yves Rocher is a fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Accord Chic was launched in 2016. Accord Chic was created by Olivier Cresp and Marie Salamagne. The fragrance features pink pepper, elemi, iris, benzoin and olibanum.

Pink Pepper elemi iris Benzoin Olibanum

Nu
La Collection Nu
Nu Eau de Toilette

Accord Chic Fragrance Reviews

chimidoro
chimidoro

My Perfect Iris.

I am so enamored by this scent. It stole my heart from the very first moment I sampled it, so I went online and ordered two bottles straight away.

This is unlike any iris scent I've ever smelled before in that it's not at all too sweet, for one, and this scent is also a little different to your usual run-of-the-mill iris scent because it contains zero noticeable rose or violet notes - as far as I can tell.

I have never smelled NU by YSL, though it's been in my wish list for an eternity, I have still not procured a bottle from the great, stinky cosmos. Therefore I cannot make any comparisons with that, but if that smells half as good as this, or if this smells half as good as that, it really can't be half bad. So I'll keep dreaming of owning that, while in the meantime remaining happy enough that I have this.

This is green.
It's almost transparent.
It's at once a thick, translucent, indolic, heady floral and at the same time mellow, light and green, almost invisible to the naked nose.

The only thing like this that I have ever smelled is a staple in my facial cleansing routine - Ultrabland by LUSH, which also contains iris.

My best friend smelled "red berries" here, and it came as a shock to me that the official paper writeup about this made mention of berries while I could find no other indication of said berries mentioned anywhere on the Yves Rocher site, nor in the notes here!

This is natural smelling. 100%.
This is the real deal for me.
It makes me foam at the mouth.

Lasting power is impressive and projection is a warm, fuzzy, intimate caress.

Zetamamman
Zetamamman

After the initial pleasant pepper blast it goes very sharp and greenish bitter on me. For a long, long time. No idea what notes could be responsible for that. Hours later the drydown is sweet, powdery with some lingering sharpness. Ok, but absolutetly no worth suffering for.

corkscrewcurly
corkscrewcurly

I sprayed this after showering this evening.

Instant love.

This is VERY good - it's spicy and unusual (in the sense that it bucks the sweet fruitchouli trend. I am not being negative, snobbish or disparaging about scents like LVEB, Flowerbomb etc. - I have flankers of the original fragrances and love them).

Chic Accord smells expensive and I think it's unisex, despite being marketed as a woman's perfume; it could easily be worn by a man and I think that Yves Rocher have missed out on a wider market by not marketing it as such. It reminds me a little of SJP Stash, DK Black Cashmere and TM A*Men, all of which I love and wear. I'm not suggesting that Chic Accord smells like any of them, but it has that sort of vibe. If anything, I think Stash and A*Men smell a bit sweeter.

Highly recommended for lovers of warm, woody, spicy oriental scents AND it is a bargain for its price.

Sillage moderate - not sure on longevity yet, but I suspect this will be very good, especially on clothing.

Elisa S
Elisa S

This has become a stable go-to fragrance for me since I got it two months ago - one that I know I can always reach for when I'm on my way out and have to make a quick decision on which fragrance to wear. (At least in the autumn/winter weather we have had - and I would guess that these are the best seasons for wearing it*).

It's balmy, resinous, semi-warm, and just creates this comfortable good-smelling aura around me then I wear it.

It lasts most of the day on me, and while I enjoy it all the way through, I just think it gets better and better through the different stages.
The opening is powdery - a bit starchy iris, which together with the resins results in a powdery-creamy make up smelling accord. As it dries down, the balsamic sweetness becomes more apparent, and the overall feeling gets a bit warmer, and the starchy-ness fades away. But these are nuances - the scent doesn't change hugely.

It's important to say that it's not a loud scent, and I call it semi-warm because it maintains a certain powdery lightness and spicy-freshness (from the elemi and pink pepper). I would actually categorize it as a my-skin-but-better fragrance.

I find that Accord Chic fits nicely into the the Secrets d'Essences line from Yves Rocher, which I percieve as high quality fragrances for a low price, well made, good smelling, and easy to wear.

*Edit: It's equally great in spring!

airy-fairy
airy-fairy

I really really wanted to love this one at first, and not just because of the positive reviews. I like the idea of it, a close-to-the-niche-perfume try (a nice one), and I like the mixing of the benzoin, elemi and iris with pepper.
So, excited I went to the YR store and asked for a sample, ready to be astonished, enchanted... And close I was.. But, my skin rejected it. :/
On my skin it smelled sour, sharp, like...a bug repellent. I was so so sorry! Anyway, I was ready for some “negotiation“, maybe it needed more time to develop on my skin. So, I took the smallest bottle to give it more tries.
It does take more time to develop on my skin, but never to the point of detecting any iris! And iris in this combo is what balances it not to be so sharp and soury (IMHO).
BUT - my habit of spraying perfume on my hair saved this item from being a ”mis-buy" and overlooking its true potential. Thankfully, my HAIR loves it and after 15 minutes...what's that lingering spicy balsamic and iris smell around me (among the pepper)? It's finally - ladies and gentlemen - Accord Chic in its full radiance!
So, I now spray it mostly on my hair (near the tips because it's a mid-length, comes around my neck - just perfect!) and on my scarves and blouses. I'm glad I found a way to use it and it will remain in my collection.
Also, I would add that this perfume will probably not appeal to the “perfume beginners“, it takes a bit of experience (so to say) to accept it and wear it.

La DameDeNoir
La DameDeNoir

I have decided not to buy, to test or to review more Yves Rocher products: they have the sympathetic habit of discontinuing all the products which are of my liking. So I have decided to pass over this Accord Chic. But I have read some positive reviews here, so I finally decided to give it a chance.

The opening is almost as pleasant as a punch in the stomach. Horrible. Nauseating. Synthetic and almost medicine like. What on hell was that? I almost lost my temper and throw away the cardboard strip. But I decided I must be more patient...My patience was finally rewarded: a mature, misterious, mysthique, rather strange and unusual, but at the same time uncanilly familiar smell -with notes of resins and a softly powdered base- emerged. It smelled like an intelligent, sophisticated and a bit outsider woman. What was that? Then I realized. It was YSL Nu! This perfume is like some sort of younger and less serious version of the beautiful and stunning, lest known YSL masterpiece. Wonderful!

The bad news are the poor performance: sillage is very weak and lasting power not very strong.

And know, if the people from Yves Rocher are reading me, please: release at once the Oudh Rose from the Secrets d'Essences line in Spain!

SailorV
SailorV

Wow I was pleasantly surprised by this fragrance. It's very feminine and grown-up, not a girly sweet scent, but it's still kind of fresh and warm and doesn't feel old. On my skin, the iris is not very strong, so it's more balsamic and spicy than powdery, and just a bit floral.
I got it for free from and YR campaign where you can get the first produkt in your cart for free. Now I wear it to work in the colder months quite often.

Wordbird

Love this - it's a dead ringer for the vintage YSL Nu that I loved back in the day (and stocked up on). As a fan of incense fragrances, this appeals to me on every level. Not flowery or fruity, it's all elemi and woods; very chic, very wearable and so likeable I have bought several bottles of it already.
Highly recommended.

sakina.1
sakina.1

Got a papertester from YR onlineshop last week , and was brought back to my teens i the late 80ties.Had to order a bottle of this....
Is it just me,or does Accord chic really reminds me of vintage YR Ispahan?At least there are some similarities in this soft and warm spicy fragrance.I`m not a fan of vanilla-scent,but the benzoin in drydown is not very loud.
A warming scent on a winters day...

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

TRULY CHIC
_______________________________________________________

Today i tried 'ACCORD CHIC' and was blown away.

It has a hint of classic elegance that reminded me somehow of the 80s fragrances. The Iris and Pepper notes combine with the incense of the benzoin results into a mesmerisingly elegant fragrance.

Just try it out -> if you're into fragrances like Chanel or Guerlain (in the 80's and 90's), you won't regret it.

Longetivity: - 7/10
Sillage: - 7/10

All in all: 10 out of 10 subjective points

Jazz_2028
Jazz_2028

Hello, I just got the perfume yesterday. It smells really nice! It does not have any fruity smell. It smells good. After Bleu Vegetal, Accord Chic is my favorite one!

Miffy8900
Miffy8900

I can truly see why people praise this, and I can appreciate a great fragrance, but this just isn't for me. Reminds me too much of catholic church incense - don't get me wrong, nothing is wrong with that smell, I just don't want it as my perfume. The incensy sensation is very overwhelming. It is paired with a strong iris kind of scent, and something that smells very soapy - like old school soap bars from my Grandmother. All of the above are topped of with a healthy dose of pink pepper, and all of these gives me a combined image of this perfume personifying posh ''church ladies'' small handbags. Like a lingering Shalimar type of fragrance stuck on a velvet purse with click-lock containing loose face powder and lipstick, which is brought to church each Sunday.

I love Yves Rocher, and especially the Secrets d'Essence range is great - there are definetely some true little gems amongst. Personally I LOVE Tendre Jasmin and Vanille Noire.

But this one I just can't deal with. But I am sure it will be beautiful on someone else.

lovescents999
lovescents999

Another pleasant surprise after falling for their Rose Oud, which brings Yves Rocher fragrances to a different level. Accord Chic is a happy scent. It opens freshly with the pink pepper and iris but it quickly settles to this astounding dry down of a truly balsamic and comforting scent that I was hoping it would be. Accord Chic doesn't have the best longevity or sillage but I enjoy the way olibanum, benzoin, and elemi play nice with the slowly fading pink pepper and iris. After about 30 minutes, I'm left with a warm and cozy scent that makes me want to snuggle under a nice and soft blanket.

Hildegerd
Hildegerd

Adore it.

Venusia
Venusia

First spray is tamed pepper and incense, then come the resins, warm and calming, the long drydown is a very fine vanillated iris without benzoin being strong. It is the first time I like benzoin in a perfume. I find it really elegant. It is like a combination between Voile d'ambre and the discontinued Iris noir, but well...diluted. Somehow the name doesn't suit it though. It's like it has been chosen in a haste.
Not many notes but a very well done scent from YR! Sillage 1 meter all around, longevity about 5 hours. Big like!

lovetribe
lovetribe

in fact there are all the notes but no precedence over the other, so the result is not very nice at all because it becomes a classic sweet woman perfume. 5/10
poor performance.

not_the_one
not_the_one

Quite a well made perfume, especially for the price.
There are some real gems in the Essences series (Neroli is a year-round favorite of mine, and Vanille Noire is also worth a mention).

Right after spraying, I get a blast of pink pepper, which fades almost immediately, and gives its place to the incense and some spices (I also detect a faint smell of cloves).

On my skin the heart is all powdery iris with some incense, just like the baby shampoo smell in Infusion d'Iris. I love it!

The dry down is absolutely gorgeous, the sweet benzoin and spicy incense are beautifully blended. From time to time the iris peeks through, but the main players here are the benzoin and incense.

Sillage is medium, and on me the perfume lasted about seven hours (one spray on the wrist). It is a serious and "restrained" perfume, which could give an aloof impression if not for the sweetness of the benzoin in the drydown.

I am very curious to see how this will develop in colder weather, as I tested it on a warm and quite humid day. I will probably be ordering a full bottle of this.

VikingWoman
VikingWoman

I honestly can not tell the difference between "Accord Chic" and "Nu" EDT from YSL. They are so alike. They have the same strengh, scent and drydown. I could so very easily have been fooled into believing that AC was the discontinued Nu.
I could not be any happier when I realised that good old "Nu" was so much alive and kicking - now under the brand of Yves Rocher and the name Accord chic. I have a little bit left over from Nu - and they are impossible to tell apart. At least to my nose they are exactly identical. I love both of them - and yes it's unisex and very special.

etternax
etternax

Well, this is a special enough fragrance to be told apart from other mainstream women fragrances.

The great thing about it is that it does not confuse you with lots of floral and fruity notes that cannot be distinguished from each other. All they used here is a bit of pink pepper (very soft), some Iris (comes towards the dry down), and a mixture of three notes in the resin family that dominate the overall experience of this fragrance. Sweet vanilla-like Benzoin resin and soft balsamic Elemi and Olibanum.

Do not be putt off by these incense notes thinking that you will smell like a church! Incense is the outcome of burning these notes, but here in this fragrance the notes are used raw so they do not smell smoky and overpowering.

Projection is average and so is longevity, suitable for both day and evening wear. You could say it is on the threshold of being formal, but definitely not playful and casual. It is, in fact, CHIC!

Lucyana
Lucyana

I just got this today for 30 euros. IT is a great parfume, but i wish that IT had a stronger sillage. I can smell the iris and the benzoin, i like IT. A Little bit like Shalimar.

On my skin it gets soft and mild - but male'ish. Very nice scent but not on my skin. Hope men will try this one.

På mig är den mjuk och mild men manlig. Skön doft men inte på min hud. Hoppas killar vågar prova den.

Wordbird

As with all the Secrets d'Essences range, this is very good quality for the price. I always think these are a good bet, and this was a particular treat.

I was a fan of YSL's Nu when it originally came out, because it wasn't girly and it had more going on than the usual flowery stuff that didn't speak to me at all. Of course Nu was discontinued years ago, and while I have a backup bottle of Nu stashed away, I thought the days of fascinating, different fragrances were gone. But they're not.

Accord Chic reminds me very much of Nu, with its quietly sophisticated combination of slightly floral iris, incense and balsams. It lasts well on skin and projects enough but not too much.

This is fragrance that's ideal for work as well as casual and weekend wear. It's an excellent balance between formality and style - I think you could wear it anywhere to do anything, really.

I shall be ordering another bottle immediately. It's that good.

wagners erda
wagners erda

Why do I keep getting logged out??

Ok I´m testing this on my skin now. First spray is gorgeous. Quite strong and peppery (pink pepper), although the note blends in nicely with the rest it doesn´t seem to bother me yet. I get the iris immediately and it stays right until the end until it fades to a skin scent and the olibanum (is that the incense accord?) and the benzoin come out a little stronger. It´s such a shame that it is so light on me. I sprayed one spray on my wrist and I could smell it for all of an hour. Then it fades to the base notes with the iris still playing around in the background. At this stage the pink pepper actually starts to tickle my nose, but I do keep putting my nose up close to where I sprayed to discern the notes. I´m actually having a week´s break from pefume, so at least I´m not getting any interference from any other scent. There is a special offer on this and I´m wondering if I should buy it or not to have in my secret d`essences collection. I do think that it is beautiful and chic, but it is very subtle on me. I don´t know where these other people get the strong overpowering smell from. This is really just a whisper of a fragrance. I love the iris and incense notes in it.

Solar Girl
Solar Girl

This is cold, deep, dark, almost religious fragrance. Mystical and aethereal.

On my skin most prominent is frankincense (olibanum) that gives dark, smoky feeling resembling the church. Iris added to the olibanum makes quite cold and mysterious combination. Smoked Iris- sharp, sour smell.

Since benzion has vanilla-like aroma I don't get that much as well as the pink pepper with its rosey scent. It is all quiet in the background.

I wouldn't compare it, not even close, to Black orchid since that fragrance, besides it has completely different notes, is also well rounded, deep in a dark chocolate kind of way, smooth and cozy, while Accord chic is sharp, smoky, even a bit sour and bitter.

Audeline
Audeline

Extremely strong and messy, nothing "chic" at all in this very disappointing perfume which is far too loud and tacky to even deserve its name.

Blutengel
Blutengel

If the name "Tom Ford" would be on the package and telling that this is resembling to Black Orchid or Champaca Absolute, this be selling for much higher prices than the 29,90€ (inclusing discount) I have paid. More value than money and an absolutely beautiful creation

Tiwalii
Tiwalii

I received a miniature of this in a package from Yves Rocher earlier today

It's a very elegant and refined perfumed, but a bit too tame for my personal taste.

It's a scent that embodies balance. Balance between that cold and aloof iris, and the warm, slightly smoky and almost sizzling incense. The scent never goes too far in either direction, it stays in the neutral zone between aloof and approachable, cool and hot.

It stays elegant and tasteful throughout all its phases, but softens slightly in the drydown, due to the benzoin note. The drydown is also a bit sweeter than the opening, which to my nose is a bit dry and bitter (I believe the cause is that iris).

It's a very nice perfume, but it feels a bit too safe and controlled. And that dry, bitter-ish iris note just ruins it for me. But if you love iris, and you love classy perfumes with a somewhat restrained personality, you'll probably adore this!

Longevity on my skin as about 6-7 hours. And the sillage is medium to soft.

ankaa
ankaa

I'v got a small sample from YR on-line shop. In a very short term (they send only too small samples ;-) ) - sophisticated and round. Very nice and feminine, gives me impression of a niche fragrance in some way. I'll buy, especially regarding the fact it's smell expensive but in nice price.
Similar to Aura Loewe in some way.

rainbow.owl2
rainbow.owl2

currently available on the UK website at 50% off (August 2016)

glitterlust
glitterlust

Exceptional at first sniff, part YSL Nu and part Donna Karan Wenge. Incense, creamy wood, powdery earthy iris. It's not avant grade but it's unlike any new release. More to come .....

aistionnelle
aistionnelle

First time today, first sprays from my own bottle.
Intriguing, not so dry or powdery like iris could be.Peppery opening very quickly reveals resinous undertones.In the beginning Accord Chic is semi sweet,smart scent, silently setting on your skin.Needs some time to do it.The heart is definitely a balsamic part, a bit smoky in its nature. Some white incense swirls are merely visible. But it`s not loud, heavy incense, but a light one. A cloud rather to remember - autumn is coming ;)
And at last:iris! Real king of the composition-spicy, not powdery, not so obvious.Still enveloped in a peppery veil.Rather for those who like its leathery, woody or ambery interpretations, not flowery faces.Nothing in common with Hiris or Iris de Nuit or Shalimar Initial -maybe some distant collocations with Bois`d Iris could be found as some woodsy tones are present in the base.As time goes this exceptional flower is close and even closer to Chanel`s signatures: becomes a bit damp, earthy and ..chic, in fact !
Not very longlasting -I was wearing it on my wrists for 5 hours, after this time it almost disappeared from my skin. For everyday use.Generally- an interesting and very wearable scent for autumn, still warm days.

spinderella

.....and today i found it for sale on the YR dutch website. Ordered a bottle right away :-). I am looking forward to comparing it with "C'est la fête Patchouli" by Christian Lacroix. That one is very incense-y on me (the elemi note).

spinderella

At last had the opportunity to try it, ordered something especially so I could get my hands on the tester (paper swab, but at least it is something). At first snif I wasn't impressed. "The scent that wasn't there"-feeling. But after a few minutes the incense came along. Reminds me of a catholic church with freshly waxed floors. Nicely done. Now, an hour later, that still is pretty much it. Starts to fade now, but again, I tested from a paper swab, very sparingly (hoping to use it again, tomorrow).
As an incense-lover: I like it.

gemberthee
gemberthee

Just got the tester today. As a powdery perfume lover, I really love it! Speaks of elegance.

juji
juji

I'm pretty excited about this one! Yves Rocher does an incense perfume?? Yay! I can't wait!

spinderella

This is not a review, but why is it that I can only find this fragrance on fragrantica? Not even a press-release, or on YR website. Weird.
Update: today (june 22th) I saw on the Dutch YR website the option to order a sample with your other products. No mention of buying a real bottle yet. Waiting and anticipating.....

wagner`s erda
wagner`s erda

Oh no, pink pepper! If it weren't for that note I'm sure I would love this. I love iris. So sad.

lulu169
lulu169

oh boy, sounds exactly like my cup of tea!!! cant wait..

finally no fruits and no flowers...just the queen of them - the noble Iris! perfect