Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Nature Millenaire Yves Rocher for women

Nature Millenaire Yves Rocher for women
dislike

Nature Millenaire Yves Rocher for women Pictures

Nature Millenaire was created in 2000 by the famous perfumer Olivier Cresp. This lovely and warm oriental composition contains the notes of iris, cedar, benzoin, musk, woody aromas, vetiver and labdanum.

Available as EDT.

iris Virginia Cedar Woodsy Notes vetyver Benzoin French labdanum Musk

Kashmina Touch
Nirvana Bourbon

Nature Millenaire Fragrance Reviews

freddinos
freddinos

Yves Rocher fragrances and me are like a crazy love affair with someone you de facto denied as too plain or not interesting.
And then you decide to go on one date with them and fall madly in love and cannot understand how this happened :)
I have always thought of Yves Rocher as a plain brand, not of high quality, how wrong was I?
Nature Millenaire is a perfect example of this: a grim bottle holding a magnificent, warm, woody, resinous and sweet oriental. No florals here, just warmth. It is soo feminine and seductive, and the perfect winter scent to be worn with a cashmere sweater and a steaming hot drink. Discontinued,could have easily passed as a new, modern yet classic release.

juji
juji

I have a bottle for swap. Let me know if you're interested!

QueenK13
QueenK13

My signature fragrance for so many years.

Imagine a big, freshly cooked and therefore warm pot of caramel scattered with iris powder and you get Nature Millenaire. Good blended mixture, well rounded and complete.

Sadly discontinued.

Mihail
Mihail

It smells as chocolate with creamy orange stuffing. I distinctly feel a note of citrus! Bitter-sweet and little dusty. Wood prickly base don't give the chance to forget unusual NM. Wonderful!

antfarm
antfarm

Very, very nice. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. Yohji's review made me want to try it.

In the first stage, it is nutty milk, almost like real coconut flesh, with light spices in the background. In the middle stage (my favorite stage), it smells exactly like a cup of steaming chai tea.

The final notes that seem to linger for most of its fragrant life on my skin are nondescript light spices that fall a little flat on my skin chemistry--the milky aroma has disappeared, which is a little bit of a shame because that is what made Nature Millenaire so distinctive and luscious.

Maybe I will try it again outside instead of inside in the chilly air conditioning.

greenelf
greenelf

I got this from a friend, a fellow Yves Rocher lover--and it just knocked me out! This scent is NOTHING like most of my favorites--generally these woodsy oriental scents tend to smell like an elderly lady's fur coat on me, but this was warm and soft and wonderful--it completely invoked a sunny walk in the woods in late October in New England. I was completely surprised when I realized that I had used up the entire bottle--and now, of course, it's unavailable!
Oh well!

Planet_X
Planet_X

Can not describe my heartache regarding this un-existing anymore miracle
Was using perfume, body cream and shower gel. Just after cream body smelled by most sensual amber and sweet spices. Rare ones...
Room smelled by exotic countries for ages.
There was Marocco, India and Vietnam in one.
You just felt yourself a southern princess< desired and adored...
*crying*

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

oh lord, is this delicious! Incense lovers take note, amber lovers take note, nutty lovers and iris lovers take note :D

This is so rich ..yes I too agree with the 'earthy' aspect. unique, it does have this earthy aspect, possibly due to the type of amber and the iris , resins, and a slight gourmand aspect to this.... some light and smooth incense the type the both incense lover and incense haters will both fall head over heals for.

This is a very addictive very original , high quality perfume. I'm very lucky to find, a big thank you to those that left reviews

NightworldSeattle

cedar wood
vetiver roots

Robih
Robih

For some reason I cannot pick out the individual notes of this scent---maybe a bit of cinnamon, a touch of caramel? Unfortunately, the warm glow is too quick to fade, and I'm left wanting to re-apply it but afraid that I'll overdo it...I like it, but prefer Voile d'Ambre with my chemistry.

patxaran
patxaran

Sweet warm woods and resins with a tiny bit of what I call "bandaid" smell in the top note (not to worry, it evaporates in under 10 sec - my funny nose detects a similar bandaid note in Shalimar where it lasts much longer). This is like Dior's Mitzah and Dolce Vita quietly having an illegal love child in a hard wood confession box..... once the scandal is out it's too late because the baby has evaporated. They should have dubbed this one Catch me if you can!
Joking aside, I find it gorgeous and utterly wearable, well balanced albeit lacking a certain "edge" - again this is mainly because it doesn't last long. I would be over the moon with this YR fragrance if it wasn't discontinued and if longevity wasn't so poor. YR may be great value but not if it's rare and you have to reapply constantly ;-) So my dear Yves, if you are reading this why don't you bring this one back for us s'il vous plait?

delphine67

If you are looking for a similar scent try Tokyo Milks dead sexy smells almost identical to Millenaire.I find it a good replacement

Jacobi
Jacobi

I love this one and glad that i bought a few bottles when it was available.
I also love Neonatura Cocon and this one is also out the Yves Rocher collection, too bad!

Kysyona
Kysyona

I grew to dislike it although at the beginning I found it very special and unusual. I wore it in a rainy irish autumn, and it suited the moodiness of nature very well: it was earthy, spicy, almost sugarless - it was sort of like an old rugged thick-knitted scarf wrapped multifold around the neck: rough, but exactly what you need to keep you warm and cosy. Alas, soon after starting to use it I have detected a very prominent chemical note that was like burnt resin smoke, and not in a good way as it can sometimes be in animalic scents. And this note would do my head it and cause migranes while I am not even usually prone to those. So I could not wait to finish the bottle and sprayed it around on anything and everything. I also doscovered that it hardly had any staying power, so nope, this will stay in the past and will not be making a comeback into my collection..

sistermoon
sistermoon

Created by the same nose who brought to us TM Angel, Cacharel Noa, Clinique Happy and lately JPG Kokorico (Olivier Cresp), this is clearly work of a very talented man. Nature Millenaire by Yves Rocher is a woodsy fragrance, through and through. Woody notes are there from the beginning til the end, mingling with warm spices and vanilla. Benzoin is very grounding, in a sense that it gives this fragrance "something more" to show for than just woods. There's an impression of well aged wood, but also some fresh earthy roots. This is an autumn fragrance in my mind. The glass bottle is golden brown with leafy imprint- autumnal indeed and very suitable for the mood of the liquid.

I'll never forget when Nature Millenaire first came out, I saw it first in YR catalogue, and the image for this fragrance and the version for men, was all in brown and golden tones and it intrigued me so much. When I finally tested it, I found it amazing, mysterious, dark, warm, delicious... Fast forward, all I have left today are two mini bottles to use sparsely like it's liquid gold. And judging by the prices on ebay many other people see it that way too. Yves Rocher must be completely oblivious of this, otherwise they would bring it back at the speed of light. Their Voile d'Ambre is a similar type of fragrance which I enjoy sometimes, but it's not the same liquid gold I crave.

SEMIjano
SEMIjano

To everyone who likes this fragrance as much as me: try OMNIA Bulgari!!!! Ever since I found out they took it out of their stores I tried to find a substitute . . .I went into a perfume shop, described the scent and voila . . . It so very much likely!!!!

czerwinski1
czerwinski1

Beauty fragrance,in my skin smells very vanilie and spicey.Powerfull is ok. I love this one.

ula.radziszewska
ula.radziszewska

I still have it and I still like it. Very oriental scent, perfect for autumn.
Funny thing - it is so woody and strong that it kills the smell of cigarettes.

Eneli
Eneli

So I finally got a bottle of this fragrance with a reasonable price. Youpydou!I had it once when it came out and I really liked it back then. At first I was a bit affraid that the perfume wouldn't smell as good ab back then, I mean it's more than 10 years old but boy was I wrong. It smells wonderful!
Reminds me of another one of my favourites - Versace Crystal Noir, does anyone else feels the similarity?

Latice
Latice

Funny thing - I liked it when I was 15. I feel that this fragrance is meant for older women. It's warm and heavy.

IndigoMystic
IndigoMystic

anyone who has some and doesnt like it I will happily take it off your hands. It was my favorite scent. I have not found any to come close since it was discontinued. I loved it, the woodsy, slightly vanilla tones. It was wonderful.

ecofreak2001
ecofreak2001

Exotic, spicy, earthy, woody,....maybe mysterious?? This one is a really warm and cozy scent. One of a kind.

emnd1174
emnd1174

I absolutely LOVE this perfume! I cannot believe they discontinued it. I had men constantly wanting to smell my neck. I RARELY wear any perfume so this was a treat for me. I'm so disappointed that it is no longer made. I search the internet every now and again to see if someone is selling it.

Lakambini
Lakambini

I feel privileged to have found this among some discontinued Yves Rochers sold on-line simply as a "lot of 11 small perfumes". It was an untouched 5 ml mini which I, unfamiliar with how to handle the splash format, knocked over right upon opening.

As I mopped up the tiny puddle (lucky the spill was less than an ml!), the strong, pleasant scent reminiscent of the interior of a carved Oriental chest rose to my nostrils. It was very strong, warm, woody, spicy, no conventional floral to be detected. I passed the tissue over my skin and finally tucked it into one of my handbags. The fragrance is developing now on me and I will see what happens in the morning.

The fragrance calls to mind a mellow, sophisticated woman: unhurried, understated, alluring without being brash...

Three hours later: the hint of vanilla has gone but this must be the benzoin, this lacquer-like scent that evokes the memory of a tiny armoire I had when I was six...

EDIT: August 5 2015, 3 and a half years from my review, and I found the same saturated tissue tucked into the unused handbag. Hurrah! The scent of Nature Millennaire, sweet and woody, still lay amid the now-stiff fibers.

TankGirl
TankGirl

I am a proud (and lucky) owner of this fragrance.
Nature Milenare on my skin smells 99,9% like the vintage version of Must de Cartier that I had some time ago, the pro to Nature is that its more soft and wearably than Must. The idea I get from this perfume is very Baroque, I can picture a room in Versalhes with heavy red velver curtain and the smell of incense burning mixed with the flowery scent of the courtesans. I am very impressed with this perfume and I am going to save it as it seems Yves Rocher doesnt produce it anymore.
Grab it if you can, its amazing!

rowanski
rowanski

This was a blind buy for me, the reviews made me very curious. The lovely bottle arrived yesterday, couldn't wait to spritz it on and sniff.
I do not know what is wrong, but the first 5 minutes I smelled a comfy warm scent, after 15 minutes it turned into something very sweet, 30 minutes later all I could detect was inscence, the kind that is used in church. Don't like it
Sad that it does not work on my skin.

melbritt24
melbritt24

I have a mini of this beauty thanks to member, twillocks...thank you!

The benzoin here is divine and gives this scent its warmth. Smells very much like vanilla to my nose and is reminiscent of Coty Vanilla Fields...more polish and minus the synthetic edge of Vanilla Fields.

I don't smell iris at all, and other notes are faint. Benzoin is most definitely the star of the show in Millenaire....not that I'm complaining! I love it on cold, cloudy days like today for it's comforting warmth.

I give it 4 STARS!

[email protected]
butterflylarita@yahoo.com

I bought a bottle of this, half full, at a thrift store for $1.00!!! Boy I didn't realize what a great treasure I was getting!! I got the most compliments, EVER, from wearing it! I only wear it to very special occasions! I have looked everywhere for it! So now, after looking on line, and finding this website, I am sadden to see, that it is not made any more!!! The best thing about it,was it stayed on you all day, and was not over bearing!! Please share other fragrances, that is close to this one, and maybe if enough comments are shared, it will be made again!!!

tschiepchen

Nature Millénaire was the perfume I got my first proper compliment for.
A very good friend said "OMG! You smell delicious, come closer!"
I need to point out that this particular friend sees perfumes as a waste of money and therefore his words meant even more to me.
It was the chilly autumn of 2000 when I discovered Nature Millénaire.
At first I thought it was just OK, maybe even a little too mature for me, but after three days I knew I needed a backup bottle.
I just had to have another one.
Nature Millénaire comes with incredible lasting power and sillage.
The scent is rather linear on my skin, does not change much, becomes warmer and softer only.
There were days when I smelled hot chocolate oder dark chocolate, but usually Nature Millénaire smelled just like an irresistible blend of warm, sensual, earthy, spicy, aromatic and incensey accords.
It made me think of the desert and the relentless desert sun, red hot soil, glowing skin, a hot summer's night in Africa... and incense sticks.
A truly genius creation!

jes7jes
jes7jes

The best <3 I´m so happy that I found a bottle on e-bay. It´s been my favorite since the release. Too bad they don´t make it anymore.

snowbunny007
snowbunny007

This was my all time favorite fragrance!!! It was my signature. I saw a bottle of it on Ebay for over $1000.00!!! So sad. People are so desperate for this scent. It is wonderful! I wish there were more truly woody and earthen fragrances for women...instead of the ones that just dance around the subject. This was a masterpiece!!!!

SimplyGolden
SimplyGolden

I loved this fragrance! It's spellbinding and hard to place, very mysterious. Such a warm scent. I really miss this treasure...

daliflora
daliflora

For those who are keen on oriental perfumes, this is a success - Olivier Cresp has turned out very well again! Too bad Yves Rocher stops producing its own masterpieces...

t_russell335
t_russell335

woodsy, creamy, spicy, white flowers, dark soil, heated sun. reminds of india or hot, tropically scented desert

delphine67

Dear fans of this perfume.

If you send a email to Yves Rocher that you want this perfume back in production. Then maybe if they get enough questions about it they might consider to produce it again.
So word a try isnt it................ I want it back

delphine67

If this gorgeus perfume where still availlable this would be my signature scent. Al the notes from this scent I really like.
The tube of douchegel I still have I tread it like gold. I use it spearingly when I need some comforting.
The scent I can describe as warm, sweet and a bit spicy.
Vetyver and Labdanum are dominant on my skin,but when it starts to settle the woody notes comes in along with the ceder and musk. iris and benzoin are very soft but noticable.

All and all this scent whas and is my all time favorite

If you like this, maybe you can try Liberte. I find them smell a bit similar. Liberte is more orangy but has the same spicyness

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

smells HEAVENLY, very BALMY and NATURAL, EARTHY, SPICY AROMATIC, WARM and SENSUAL. and it lasts forever with a incredible nice sillage.
unfortunately very hard to find... i was the lucky winner of a 1/2 full sz bottle - for a quite reasonable price - they are mad for what prices they sell even used bottles. a pitty Yves Rocher doesn't bring it back. why such a gorgeous scent was discontinued? Nose Oliver Cresp! he's a genious... so many nice scents from him out there.

guest_nabila
guest_nabila

i love this parfume. does anyone knows if i can get this parfum from somewhere. hmmmmmmmm, nice smell

tschiepchen

Nature millenaire was a great autumn scent.
I loved the chocolatey-woodsy smell and I really enjoyed wearing it.
Sad they discontinued it.
I would buy it again, if they relaunched it.

Not entirely the same, but certainly relevant similarities are found with Olivier Strelli by Olivier Strelli. Not easy to get, but fragranceexpress had some left I think.

sarafirmino
sarafirmino

BRING IT BACK YVES ROCHER! please :D

lauda
lauda

I am reduced to buying Nature Millenaire on Ebay. This scent got me more compliments than any other I have worn. I was worried that the parfume would turn because it's been discontiued for so long. The few I have been able to get have been fine. Judging from how high the bids are going for this parfume, it is amazing that Yves Rocher does not bring it back.

guest_rosie
guest_rosie

This and Ispahan are my two favourite perfumes ever. Everytime I walked near someone, whilst wearing Nature Millenaire, they always wanted to know what is was, it was like casting a fragrant spell over them.

When I first discovered this company Nature Millinaire was already on the way out (Last Chance Shop on the website) and I only got a 5 ml. mini and two 200ml shower gels. I treated this juice like liquid gold and only wore it when I wanted a sweet earthy woody incense type of smell, it's a perfect autumnal scent. Alas the mini is now gone and the shower gels are all I have to remember this absolutelely superb fragrance...

This perfume is what some would call linear in that it does not change much due to the fact is made up primarily of notes usually found in the drydown. The iris is the only floral and it is dark and beautiful, the woodiness is exquisite with strong cedar and vetiver notes wrapped in heavy musk. The resiny incense-like notes are the best part for me. Benzoin and it's warm vanillic warmth ooze together with the labdanum resin(cistus)and create an exotic sweet fragrance that smells like it should be worn by a dark-skinned belly dancer as she moves sensually around and around...

Sillage: good
Longevity: above average
Overall: 4.75/5

This may been released as a woman's scent but each and every person who smelled it on me loved it and wanted to know where to get it! I have seen bottles for sale on the internet but since it was made in 2000 and discontinued in 2005 I am afraid they may have turned and to smell something this beautiful get ugly would be like a knife to my heart! YR is a mostly all natural company and five years is a long time...

Hopefully the current trend to go darker and woodier in scents may cause a re-issue of this truly unique classic, one can only hope. I have read reviews that compare this do working in the earth after a thunderstorm and though I do not agree with this olfactively the energy and feel of the scent are heavy and dark like the air after a storm, but this has more of a desert attar type of smell to it, although it gets quite earthy. I would have thought this had more spices in it but it was just the bezoin's warmth and the sweet iris and pungent vetiver making magick as they dance together...

delphine67

This whas my favorite YR scent to. I whas sad when they discontinieud it. Such a gorgeous smell. Warm and sweet. Still hoping for a remake of this.

rebella
rebella

I loved this perfumes and wish they would remake it. It´s a creamy, soft, dark, mysterious gorgeous woody scent. It smells like African woody incense of some kind to me, very exotic, caressing and lovely. My biggest favorite from Yves Rocher. If you ever come across this, it´s a must try! (Could very well suit men also)