Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

So Elixir Bois Sensuel Yves Rocher for women

So Elixir Bois Sensuel Yves Rocher for women
dislike

So Elixir Bois Sensuel Yves Rocher for women Pictures So Elixir Bois Sensuel Yves Rocher for women Pictures

So Elixir Bois Sensuel by Yves Rocher is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. So Elixir Bois Sensuel was launched in 2015. So Elixir Bois Sensuel was created by Olivier Cresp and Marie Salamagne. The fragrance features iris, patchouli and vanilla.

iris Patchouli Vanilla

Prowl
L'Eau Kenzo Intense pour Femme

So Elixir Bois Sensuel Fragrance Reviews

deb.martinez

Im changing my thoughts on this. It does not smell like flowerbomb all that much. Its lovely and very sweet.its sweetness is much more dense and vanilla like. Flowerbomb is dusty with the lovely tea note. Love them both. :-)

meissie1982
meissie1982

Most of the time YR does not let me down and again they nailed it!

Like most of my buys are blind, I love to take a little risk in life. Walking on the edge ;-)

A few weeks ago my mail inbox got the message that YR was putting some selected items on sale, big discount up to 70%. And hey who doesn't like to grab a perfume for a good price?
I spy with my little eye the purse spray 15 ml edp for only €4,- so I took the jump and order three of them.

After a few days it arrived and curious as I was I rip of the paper and start to spray myself.

Patchouli? Yes sir and a very nice patch it is.
The iris is to my nose soft but is making the patch softer, and my mind makes a switch...Flowerbomb?
I do not want to make a quick comparison.
You always need to let the perfume air and take it's time to settle down.
After 30 minutes the patch is soft but you can smell that it is the base of the whole compilation.
The iris and the vanilla makes it kind of flowery but soft and sweet.
I love a good patch. It is one of my favorite notes. So this is one right up my alley!
Happy with this little stash I scored.

If you like flowerbomb and want to buy something kind of like that but for a smaller price you can try this gem.
It is not like flowerbomb all the way but my opinion they share the same DNA.

kimmielynn
kimmielynn

Simple.
Exudes warmth, comfort and sensuality.
Very down to earth, real and grounded fragrance.
Absolutely lovely.
So Elixir Bois Sensuel is the type fragrance that cradles you in its coziness.
It caresses you with its simple and comforting notes.
Very natural and SEXY perfume which comes across to me as a golden, basking ray of warm light.
Although a bit sweet, SEBS is not sugary sweet, I do not get gourmand.
IMHO this perfume would be perfect for a romantic evening or a day of solitude enjoying your own company.
Although the throw is wonderful, it is a tender, kind type of throw.
Sillage is better than average and longevity is good.
Simple, yet ohhh so sexy in a earthy way.
The patch is perfection in SEBS.
I see myself and SEBS having a very long and steady relationship.
Kudos to Yves Rocher...you nailed this one! Beautiful, Sincere and GLORIOUSLY UNCOMPLICATED.
I think this will be a go to when I want simplicity and have the need to escape the floral and sugar bombs in my collection.
This has a bit of a vibe, SIMILAR to Sensuous Noir from Estee.

jshmoe
jshmoe

Testing a sample doused napkin. Warm vanilla, not sweet, over a fancy refined patchouli. Not an earthy or sharp patchouli, just a distant base to ground the vanilla. Not for me, but nutty and pleasant all the same.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

Beautiful, rich and sultry. On my skin the sweetness is very discreet. I've never thought that I would be impressed so much by a perfume with patchouli as a main note. Silage is moderate on me, after 4-5 it turns into a smokey, sexy skin scent.

UnearthlyApothecary

Revisiting this scent after my first go at it, months and months ago. This has a very unusual and expected opening. Grapey. Very grapey. After a bit one begins to be reminded of flowerbomb (same musty patchouli) but this one is sooo much better and quite a bit cheaper. Iris patchouli and vanilla is a wonderful combination.

Suzybee
Suzybee

Where have you been all my life, Yves Rocher? This So Elixir Bois Sensuel is gorgeous! I'm not usually a fan of Patchouli or anything too Woody but this is FANTASTIC and dare I say it's way better than Flowerbomb or Angel. Both those scents just never get past the Patchouli for me.

The initial spray is quite strong at first but quickly dissipates into a melange of woody floral and patchouli (not a lot, just right.) The weather's cooled down to the high 40s at night. I am sipping a cup of English Breakfast and enjoying this scent next to the window. Sigh!!

Pavleena
Pavleena

A duet of patchouli and vanilla accompanied by iris. Smells lovely in autumn/winter, but too harsh in warmer weather. Sillage is soft to moderate and it lasts about eight hours.

I should also mention a passing similarity to Angel (or maybe Angel Muse) drydown.

Madrona
Madrona

My favorite out of the So Elixir series. It does remind me of the original So Elixir, but this is a woody vanilla interpretation of it. Absolutely delightful.

Andrina72
Andrina72

Hmmmm.... Well, the good news is, that for the price ($28 CDN on eBay) I am extremely satisfied. It's a very pretty fragrance. Upon first spray I was wondering if it might be a touch masculine (I guess that was the patchouli), but after a bit of dry down, the softer floral-vanilla notes started to take over - although a pleasant hint of patchouli still remained.

The bad news is that by the 2 hour mark, I had to put my nose right to my wrist to even know I was wearing anything. It just didn't last at all. However, for the price, I could keep it in my purse and reapply several times a day if I really wanted to.

Overall - I'm extremely please with the actual scent, but definitely not overjoyed with it's staying power.

For The Love of Perfume
For The Love of Perfume

Hey!!! I'm quite impressed!!! For not being quite an expensive fragrance , this one sure ranks up there with the best of them. This reminds me of a softer version of Thierry Mugler's' Angel Muse. I love this! A wonderful blind buy.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

It's one of the perfumes that get to smell better in time. After the first spritz the notes are not quite together, but after some time they mingle together into a perfect woody-vanilla-rosy blend. I know, rose is not listed but I can detect some deep red or even black rose note here. Another note not listed that I can smell is black cherry but again - really soft. Patchouli is extremely delicate and it's this natural essential patchouli oil that I get here, not the so called "patch" that is the alleged "patchouli" in stuff such as Miss Dior New or Coco Mad. Here it's REAL.
At first the perfume reminds me of Avon Prowl a bit but soon the hideous note disappears while in Prowl it persists. This perfume is a really natural combination, perfect for cloudy autumn days. Love it!!!

mamehaviolette
mamehaviolette

This is the most beautiful patchouli scent I have smelled until now. It is so sweet and the patchouli note makes it nutty. Mixed with the vanilla it makes this scent a very sophisticated gourmand.

A friend of mine has given me a mini. She had it in a set of three (together with Moment de Bonheur and Quelques notes d'amour) and she said she didn't like it because she found it "too sweet". It is quite sweet, ideed, but it is so nice to my nose. The patchouli note is so natural as well, very similar to the essential oil.

The sillage is pretty good, it lasts also quite long :) The drydown (after ten minutes or so) remindes me of Avon's Far Away, or at least the bottle which my mom had in the late 90s :)

LLB_addict
LLB_addict

WOOOOOOOOOW! That first hit is 100% grape KoolAid. Then it takes at least 2 hours to get past that super, duper sweet layer. It may be better in winter, but it is far too sweet even in A/C during the summer. It could even be a bad blind buy for me. We shall see in the winter!

UnearthlyApothecary

The first spray is a little weird smelling And I can't place it, but Its a little harsh and I thought oh no this might not be for me but once it hit my skin it developed into delicious vanilla woodsy comfort. This is a great every day comfort scent for me. I will be wearing it a lot.

sunshineblablabla
sunshineblablabla

Veeery funny :) - it reminds me of my beloved Shalimar Parfum Initial at the beginning. Of course, they take separate paths afterwards, but nevertheless the memory lingers and I love it because of that.

All in all, I think it would be a classy choice for a autumn/winter evening. Longevity is good (about 8 hours) and sillage - moderate.

shushkin
shushkin

Very nice. A woodsy gourmand. It is quite sweet and decadent. Although patch is listed it is not heavy here. There is definitely a lot of sweet vanilla and some iris. There is something almost spicey and fruity as well. I like this better than So Elixir actually. There is plenty of wood in this to prevent it turning into yet another LVEB wannabe.
There is not much iris and not enough patch to make it similar to iris noir. Great longevity and impressive sillage. Its definitely one of the better Yves Rocher fragrances.

bleuciel
bleuciel

As one of my favourite perfumes is So Elixir Purple, I always look forward to Yves Rocher's new perfumes releases, maybe I could find another gem. This was such a nice surprise, I liked it from the start. It's very warm, amber-y like, woodsy. I definitely smell the vanilla, which is a true vanilla like in vanilla sticks not vanilla-sugary candy. I also smell a lot of patchouli, which again I love especially combined with warmer sweeter aromas. And lots of non-descript woodsy notes, the likes of which you can smell in luxury men colognes. This is why I concur with other reviewers saying that this fragrance can be worn by men too. It's quite unisex, although it does settle into a warmer softer sweeter scent.

Very good longevity for the price - almost an entire working day - with moderate sillage. Clothes will smell for days.

More appropriate for colder temperatures, I think it will be overbearing and sticky in hot days.

nektarinka
nektarinka

Received it as gift with my order and didn't know what to expect as not into YR fragrances,so was half expecting weak watery mess.........but let me tell you this was a very VERY pleasant surprise - it actually smells amazing, let it develop on your skin and you are in delicious heaven.
It's sweet gourmand vanilla-toffee-patchouli-deep even a bit orangey /ambery even though these are not listed as notes, that's the vibe, very similar to YSL or Lacoste sensuelle crossed with Valentino uomo - I would say could be worn by men as it's gourmand and rich , very luxurious , who knew, try it, you won't regret , perfect seductive evening fragrance that lasts!

Brenwen
Brenwen

I love the original So Elixir, but I was expecting to find this too strong. I was wrong! I have been wearing this every day for a week and I keep loving it more and more. Sometimes at the end of a day, I will think "what smells so good?" and it's the final sweet drydown of Bois Sensuel.

Note: As mentioned, the bottle pictured here is not the full size version. The 50ml bottle is exactly the same as the So Elixir bottle, except for the colouring. The Bois Sensuel bottle is medium brown in colour, with a deeper brown at the bottom of the bottle, sort of an ombre effect.

AmberLove
AmberLove

Since I m an ardent user of YR fragrances, this was on my priority list to test.
I expexted this version to be heavy on the woods but on me it turns into a soft version of Jimmy Choo. Though I find it lovely but I wish it was woodier...I find So Elixir more beautiful on my self...jasmine is dominant in it, which makes it very sensual.
This version smells very cozy on me. Vanilla plays a very dominant role....it overshadows the most wanted patchouli (at least by me). The vanilla accord softens the woods and patch. Still its a very nice and expensive smelling scent. I enjoy wearing it but just wanted it to be more heavy on me...unfortunately its my skins chemistry that needs more sprays of this.
I would definately rate this with 5 * and as a cold weather scent.

maryjett

This is identical to Montana Parfum de Femme!

m_mtz40
m_mtz40

Lots of comparisons to Flowerbomb but which Flowerbomb? Which Angel?

gordbrad
gordbrad

the notes they don't have listed are interesting too--benzoin, ethylmaltol, coumarin, maybe labdanum, cashmeran, maybe iso e super--and the reason it smells like every womens' fragrance right now [early 2016] is that the market is saturated with fruitchoulis and angel-clones, all done with various combinations of sweet, caramel, & patchouli. fruit and floral optional. LOVE this one for powerful velvetiness, but am not fond of the genre in general--simply because it's everywhere now. women: start buying green and atypical scents, vintage scents--or else this will be all you'll be able to buy eventually...
[also DELIGHTFUL from yves rocher--voile d'ambre, tendre jasmin, vanille noire... you do not beat YR for fragrance bang for the buck...]

Estreen
Estreen

Elegant, dark, rich, and sweet. Incredibly powerful as well. It is similar to Flowerbomb, but not a copy of it (more like cousins), and nowhere near as sweet as LVEB, which I cannot stand.

Mmm...Smells
Mmm...Smells

If Flowerbomb were 10x louder, and had a baby w/ LVEB, this would be that baby.

Soooo strong. But nice.

deb.martinez

Flowerbomb clone! Got a sample with my Vanille Noir and yup,,to me its very similar. Except this is missing the green note and flair of flowerbomb. Ill stick with Flowerbomb.
This perfume sure hangs around! I had a scented strip and used it then stuck it in my pillow case and i continually get whiffs of this here and there,very mysterious...hmmm....wont rule this out as its a flowerbomb cousin whom i love. ;)

The best of Yves Rocher!

Shadow_Witch
Shadow_Witch

Vanilla bean. Iris. Patchouli. Effortlessly beautiful and comforting like a warm hug. It doesn't just smell good. It feels good. Very inviting. It draws people in.

Waekkae
Waekkae

This is a dupe of "Lancome-La vie est belle EDP"
The sillage and longevity is very good. I wish I could find 50 ml size in Thailand.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Il profumo è semplice, carino, disimpegnato, dolce, divertente.
Ha davvero solo tre note, patchouli, vaniglia e iris, che si intrecciano giovani e leggere in una ghirlanda fiorita, soave e fresca.
La persistenza non supera le due ore e non c'è scia, nè avvolgenza.
Solo una piacevole sensazione di dolcezza sorridente.
Il profumo ha anche un prezzo contenuto.
Molto gradevole, quando non si ha voglia di fragranze (o pensieri...) complicate ma semplicemente luminose.

sangraria
sangraria

It's a great iris patchouli vanilla spicy combination, very strong and quite comforting after it settles on skin...excellent scent for the upcoming holidays

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

got a sample with an order of shower gels. i adore those YR shower gels! anyway, whoa this is strong at first, for about 20 seconds there is an animalic-chemical scent...what the? after a bit, i definitely smell the patchouli most, but it's patchouli in a chemical-floral haze. it continues that way and gets slightly more gourmand. from what i recall this may be similar to flowerbomb? it seems to be bordering on unisex which in a jungian/archetypal sense is good for society but the scent itself leaves much to be desired. for my personal tastes anyway.

Guermantes
Guermantes

First of all - reminds me of the lost Iris Noir - patchouli and iris!
This one is really good and I'll probably get a bottle, although I'm suspicious with most nowadays' YR perfumes - afer some time they smell the same and I don't like it. Also I didn't like the classic, maybe it's time to try again.

Fiji
Fiji

Received a sample of this in the Yves Rocher Catalog and swiped my wrist until no smell was left, I loved it so much! I even kept the paper strip by my pillow because the smell was so divine. It's now available in the USA November 2015, so I bought a bottle! Gorgeous, Warm, Sensual and Devourable.

Zoita
Zoita

Strong, sweet, warm, woody, reminds me of honey. Long lasting, a sensual delight! The minute I smelled it I knew I had to have it. One of my favorite fragrances

la louve
la louve

I like it. The patchouli is strong, so I layer this fragrance with Les Plaisirs Nature - Miel YR !
Thats very nice for me ! <3

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

DIRTY COMPLIMENTS _______________________________________________________

A few months ago, I went into the Yves Rocher store to try a new fragrance. I had never heard of 'BOIS SENSUEL' and tried it out. After that, I couldn't smell anything else.

'BOIS SENSUEL' is incredibly strong and loud. You can sense the dirty patchouli in the lead. During the dry down, the patchouli makes room for the vanilla, however the dirty remains - mainly because of the iris.

I got a lot of compliments from male collegues, who couldn't believe it to be a female fragrance. For it's price, it is really powerful and great.

Longetivity: - 7/10
Sillage: - 10/10 (humogous)

All in all: 9 out of 10 points.

P.S. some of my female collegues compaired it to 'Gucci Guilty Intense'.

plum
plum

I received a sample and decided to try it tonight. Patchouli, patchouli... too much. And on my skin: Far Away by Avon, my most hated perfume ever.
I love So Elixir, I disliked So Elixir Purple (sold it quickly after one spray). Had high hopes for this one, but no.
It smells dirty and discomforting for me, but some may like it for Halloween party.
Since mr Yves Rocher passed away, this company goes downhill, every new fragrance is worse than the previous one. Where's Iris, Rose Absolue, Ode au Reve and other gems?

etternax
etternax

A very delicious gourmand Patchouli Vanilla scent with a hint of iris that makes it a bit uplifting and less rough-smelling. Very simple in composition, but still very powerful and effective, a great winter scent for someone who is over 25. For some reason, it has a rose jam aspect to it, which I do not mind at all because I love sweet rose scents.

Projection 7/10
Longevity 8/10
Scent 8/10

Very impressive from Yves Rocher!

Nice modern oriental perfume, already very discounted at local YR. It smells sweet patchouli and cosy/sexy, so nothing groundshattering new and original, but a nice warm one, less screechy than most YR. Definetely an affordable winner for winter.

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

An oriental fruitchouli for those who love gourmand scents.
A kind of mix between Jimmy Choo, La vie est belle & Coco Mademoiselle.

Definitely a powerhouse of a scent!! Bold, heady, and rich in patchouli..so for me, I feel la vie est belle and Si are more complex, more floral, just more for me as a thick patchouli isn't for me..but if you like a thick earthy scent, it will work, it is very present, the base though is smoother, lighter...it didn't waow me, because of the dense patchouli. I own Olympea which I love, this has NOTHING in common with it!!

anessa
anessa

First, lots of amber-coloured honey (though not listed) with intense, somehow woodsy vanilla almost reminding of Vanille Noir but without the smokyness, resemblance to LVEB noted as well. Middle stage all about vanilla, sweet but dark and heavy. About half an hour later, I thought I was wearing something else; honey and vanilla have disappeared, and all I can smell is iris. So there it was, hidden under the thick bush (or forest?) of honeyed vanilla!
Though intense, it stays close to skin. Cuddly fragrance for colder months. For those who didn't find Quelque Notes d'Amour 'gourmand' enough or, like in my case, can only bring out its sweetness in the heat and therefore dismissing QNdA for colder seasons: This 'Sensual Forest' has actually less woodiness to offer than the 'Love Notes' and a not very long lasting, but dense vanilla with an iris tail, surely even in the middle of winter.
ETA: The vanilla does stay longer than I first thought. On my hands, 5,5 hours later, undergoing countless washings with scented/non-scented soap and cooking with spicy flavour, I can still smell a sweet vanilla lingering.

nettoyant
nettoyant

This is like no other Yves Rocher scent I've ever smelled. It's rich, it's not sharp like so many of the others. It doesn't fade away in 2 hours, it gets better as time goes on and it lasts at least 6 hours on my skin.

It's not complicated but it's not so sweet that it's toothache inducing. There's definitely an abundance of patchouli and vanilla but I sense the iris more than others seem to. It grounds the scent so it doesn't rocket out to sweet candy floss territory and gives a more gothic feel, like John Galliano for women. It doesn't reflect in the three (!) stated notes but there's the citrus and woods of original So Elixir in here obviously as well which is very similar to Miss Dior (new). Bois Sensuel is more like Miss Dior Le Parfum. It's simply gorgeous, the best Yves Rocher scent I've tried.

Nov 2015, it's available online now, I think I paid $30 for 50 mls, A STEAL!!!

Miss-Fragrance62
Miss-Fragrance62

Wouhaa parfum magnifique et sucré et la vanille hummm j'adore .Il est devenue mon parfum préféré ♥

Rux2589
Rux2589

A perfume that seems to gradually transform into other YR fragrances. Nothing new, but definitely not boring, either.

The first note that I caught after applying to my skin was the iris (I actually thought it resembled Iris Noir), then it quickly started to smell like the original So Elixir, but with a stronger woody/vanilla accord. Now I'm getting a version of La Vie Est Belle / Quelques Notes d'Amour that is slightly less suffocating.

Good quality perfume, interesting but still too sweet for me, definitely an evening scent. Wouldn't wear it often.

P.S. I think it also reminds me of Paco Rabanne's Olympea, but the salty note in the latter really makes a difference.

Nyssa Ainley
Nyssa Ainley

I am definitely ordering this with the accompanying SG and BL, and I can also tick Quelque Notes D'amour and get that for free - I love that, my mum has it upstairs but I want my own bottle.

This is just too beautiful not to own! Will edit this one later but it is sooooo delicious. Five Stars from me!

Ulusia
Ulusia

I received a sample and it reminds me a bit of black Armani Si. Patchuli and vanilla are noticable. It starts strong and then it settles into smooth vanilla powdery scent. The drydown is cosy and elegant.

zymryte.shaqiri
zymryte.shaqiri

It´´s similar to Dior Homme. Certainly because of the iris. A lipstick chord is perceptible. A direct hit from Yves Rocher

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I just received a mini of this with my YR order and it pretty much smells like Lancome's LVEB L'Absolu without the black currant, pear and praline and without the additional floral notes.
So Elixir Bois Sensual is too one dimensional for me. It is dense and somewhat creamy, even a bit woody, though it's not listed and not really sweet. If you like LVEB L'Absolu (or even the original LVEB for that matter), but find it too sweet or too strong than this one might be worth checking out for sure!

Annica
Annica

At last something interesting again from Yves Rocher. Several fine fragrances have disappeared over the years and been replaced with harmless tuttifrutti fragrances. It will be interesting to test this one. Might get a mini when placing an order in fall. Who knows? Hope so. The notes seem really promising.

Evi90
Evi90

Can't wait to try this, I love iris. The bottle shown in the picture is the mini version (5ml), I think the bigger bottles will be the same as the other So Elixir perfumes.

perfumecritic
perfumecritic

Oh, I am a huge fan of the original So Elixir (an Angel/Flowerbomb inspiration), so I will definitely keep my eyes out for this! Iris, patchouli and vanilla - it sounds like my holy grail of notes! lol