Designers » T-Z » « Groups

So Elixir Eau de Toilette Yves Rocher for women

So Elixir Eau de Toilette Yves Rocher for women
dislike

So Elixir Eau de Toilette by Yves Rocher is a fragrance for women introduced in 2010. The noses behind this fragrance are Marie Salamagne, Olivier Cresp and Jacques Cavallier. Top notes are bergamot and pink pepper; middle notes are jasmine and rose; base notes are patchouli and tonka bean. Available as 30 and 50 ml EDT.

Bergamot Pink Pepper

Miss Dior (new)

So Elixir Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

Solar Girl
Solar Girl

So Elixir EDT is fresh and sweet, light, spring/summer fragrance.
It shares with Chanel Chance pink pepper, patchouli, citrus and jasmine (most prominent notes in both), and with Coco Mademoiselle bergamot, patchouli, jasmine and rose (which is like pink pepper).
Personaly on my skin is closer to Chance. While Chance has musk and flowers that make it more elegant, So Elixir EDT has more sugar (also reminds me a bit of Angel eau Sucree). Compared to Mademoiselle which is more on a citrus side, So Elixir is lighter and a bit sweeter.

I would rather choose So Elixir EDP (or any other from the S.E. line) because they are richer, fuller, with better staying power. But for those who find them too strong or overpowering this might be a good solution.
Stays close to the skin, needs reapplying. On the good side- you can't overspray it.

hatysa
hatysa

I get a lot of pepper, patchouli and bergamot. Too strong for my taste, it give me headaches.
I gave it away to someone I knew who loved the scent.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

So Elixir Eau de Toilette by Yves Rocher I would say is definitely similar to Coco Mademoiselle, but not to Miss Dior. A sweet and spicy patchouli with its pink pepper and citrus blend that becomes a little more floral in the dry down. If you do not like the orange and rose in Coco Mademoiselle, but still like the sweetly-spicy patchouli So Elixir might we worth a try or if you like the Coco Mademoiselle EDT and are looking for something a little more price friendly! I agree with Centsless review too, can’t smell any rose or jasmine!

nitschevo
nitschevo

Out of all the YR Elixirs this is my favorite. However, the Bois one aside they all share this one note I cannot quite put my finger on. It's sweet and at the same time fresh. I assume this is a wild mix of patch with tonka bean and jasmine. I find that this shares some similarities with Coco, but Coco is somewhat fresher while this remains sweet albeit lighter than the EDP. So this is by no means a dupe for CM IMHO. It's very much its own scent however if you like one you might like the other as well. The dry down becomes a bit woodsier and the rose starts peeking out. That little shy thing. I like it! Especially because it's one of those scents that go well with all seasons and occasions.

nettoyant
nettoyant

I think it's my nose but some scents like Coco Mad. and Miss Dior are just brain stabbing citrus overloads with too much bergamot, lemon or lime. It's not "chemistry", I sense this straight off the strip. So Elixir is one of them. All three are definitely quality scents. I can see how some can appreciate the freshness tempered with vanilla and/or tonka and patchouli but ultimately, they aren't for me. Now, So Elixir Bois Sensual or Miss Dior Le Parfum are similar but so rich and smooth, way less acrid, these scents are for me.

Annica
Annica

To my nose this is almost identical to So Elixir Purple.

puddley
puddley

This is a much different creation to the EDP and for that, I am grateful. Alike Guerlain scents, Yves Rocher alter the notes more significantly then the concentration when it comes to EDT/EDP variants.
So Elixir EDT is a bergamot rich chypre that feels both woody/outdoorsy natural and yet also rather decadent. I like it.
So Elixir EDP I find to be cloyingly sweet.
If you love a perky semi-masculine top note and dislike gourmand gloop, go for the EDT.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

Not my cup of tea, the patchouli and pink pepper are so loud, that totaly ruin any floral or citrusy notes.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I like this one. I received a free bottle with my last order from Yves Rocher, it's something I probably wouldn't have tried otherwise, I'm not a fan of this type of fragrance - but this is light, pretty and a little different. I like the rosy citrus, and the patchouli is present but not overpowering. Longevity is excellent for an EDT.

Centsless
Centsless

So Elixir is nice. A happy citrus patchouli. I can't smell rose or jasmine, unfortunately. If you just "like" Coco Mad. just buy this and save the money, because this is close!

M.Golightly
M.Golightly

How do I start my review? .....

The allure of 'So Elixir' in my opinion is that it doesn't try too hard but it is no doubting a confident and stand out fragrance.

I love patchouli. One of my favourite fragrances is Dior Cherie which has a similar cord with Coco M too both rich in patchouli. So reading reviews about how 'So Elixir' is also of the same cord I tested it and I was indeed surprised. YES it does smell the same.

It smells earthy, warm, rose. Divine. Unpretentious yet sophisticated.

lauraworld
lauraworld

Waoo this is so strange,
I'm very open minded when it comes to perfumes,
and I've tried to like this one because I have an entire bottle of this, but it smells awful and old. I'm almost 17 Years old, and I don't know if I'm just too young for it or if it's just a yukky smell. It's way too strong and it's one of these typically headache smells. I've never smelled coco mademoiselle before so I can't compare. I can tell you that Yves rocher has much better scents.

meganinstmaxime
meganinstmaxime

I received this perfume free with an order from Yves Rocher. It has a nice enough patchouli opening and then quite quickly dies down to a skin scent with a sweetish (but not cloying) floral citrus blend. It is quite pleasant and I really can't complain since it was a freebie. It is a very light fragrance and wears close to the skin so you may need to give it quite a few sprays if you like a stronger scent. I haven't tried the parfum so I'm not sure what that's like. But if you like light skin scents that are easy to wear this could be just right for you.

PS This is very similar to Coco Madamoiselle so give it a whirl if you're on a budget and you can save yourself some hard earned cash.

Miska
Miska

I love this EDT version. Very rich and luxurious. Quite similar to Coco Mademoiselle but much cheaper.

Daniela_A
Daniela_A

Now i have the EDP, but before that i had the EDT. I think i like more the EDT, it's softer, but it still keeps the bouquet of this very classy perfume. I'll repurchise the EDT and i'll keep the EDP for the night.

Guest_Jackson Spines
Guest_Jackson Spines

This is very nice! I mostly smell the patchouli, jasmine and rose. I've tested the EDP version and I like the EDT version better. It's lighter and more subtle. I find the staying power great. I can still smell it on my skin at the end of the day. I can smell similarities to Miss Dior 2012 but this isn't as strong or as sweet. I think I actually like this better, sorry Dior! It doesn't smell cheap at all and is quite modern. I'm impressed! You could easily wear this everyday for every occasion. A very versatile fragrance. The bottle itself is simple, understated and attractive with the frosted glass. I bought my bottle at a fifty percent discount from the Yves Rocher catalogue and at that price, this can't be beat!

bleuciel
bleuciel

OMG, yes this smells so much like Coco Mademoiselle and Miss Dior (new). To me, the two smell incredibly similar with Miss Dior being sweeter and rosier and Coco Mad being sharper and more citrusy.

And yes, it smells a bit similar to So Elixir Purple, but not so much as to confuse the two.

I just tested the eau de toilette and it smells very modern and French. It first hits you with a blast of patchouli and citrus, but then it quickly winds down. I find it too understated to be perfectly honest, as I would have to re-spray at least twice in a long working day for the fragrance to be felt. Sillage is close to the skin - I used three sprays on my wrist.

I haven't tested the Chanel one - I really don't need another frag on my want list - but Miss Dior (new) and I have been having a secret affair for quite some time now and this eau de toilette reminds so much of it. They're not identical, but they are oh so similar.

I think I will try the eau de parfum next to test its longevity and sillage.

Bunnylove
Bunnylove

Earlier I had EDP, now I have EDT and from this two I prefer EDT. Why? It's more subtle - it smells, not hit in the nose.
It's smells with joy, swet fruits and flowers. Perfect for cold spring days when you want to wrap up scent of sun.
It's very long lasting - it stays on my skin from morning till late evening, on clothes even for few days.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Actually, this is better than the EDP, because the patch is lighter here.
You can ALMOST smell something nice, rosy and warm/balmy lurking under the thick old rag of patch.
I would never buy it, but if Yves give it away for free, I might try a bottle.

littlepepperz
littlepepperz

On my skin I don't get much of the flowers - which is a shame. For me to truly like it I would have to layer this with something either:
- musky
- sweet
- white floral
- citrus
- rich in roses
as it seems like an incomplete composition, full of pink pepper, tonka and patchouli. It's a little bit too dry and too sharp.

I can agree with other reviewers who say it smells a little bit like CM, however on my skin it smells a more like Chance (minus the sweetness,citrus/musk).

I still think it's a great value for money if you crave something like CM or Chance and if you layer it wisely with something simple. I think I'm going to try and layer it with either citrus or sweet jasmine and see how I like it.
EDT:
layered it with Korres Vanilla, Freesia, Lychee and it smells just like Flowerbomb. Pretty cool.
Layered it with Pacifica Tahitian Gardenia (mostly sweet, tropical jasmine) and it's great.
(17)

Beeb26
Beeb26

It's a bad copy of Coco Mademoiselle to me. It's not as sweet as CCM. Sharper and it doesn't last. Too much pink pepper for me. It doesn't give me headaches, but it certainly isn't a winner for me. I'm glad it was a free gift that came with my order.

sugar_sweet
sugar_sweet

I love it, to me it is the same as Shiseido Zen,this one lasts longer.

LaPetite
LaPetite

It's a lighter, daytime version of the EDP , less patchouli , more bergamot ! I like it , really !
Maybe even more than the EDP !
Like some other users it makes be think of Coco Mademoiselle .

alicem
alicem

I don't know how to describe this, it is just amazing. On my skin I cannot feel it, but everyone else says that i smell amazing, I guess it mixes perfectly with my chemistry. However I don't perceive it as a cold weather smell, so I don't know if I will be wearing this in the winter.

yolanda66
yolanda66

This is one of the best from Yves Rocher, it is kind of strong but in a very exquisite way.

ivyheel
ivyheel

Oh wow, this really smells like Chanel Chance on my skin. As others have said, it is a bit heavy and strong for an EDT, but it is my favorite Yves Rocher fragrance so far.

Liina
Liina

So Elixir EDT seems to be all about the base notes. First I can detect the citrus and the pepper but on a second I put the fragrance on my skin the base notes start to overpower. I can still get the pepper but not the floral notes. This scent is not for my taste.

elm0505
elm0505

Too floral and strong for my taste, even cloying. I find it too similar to other perfumes that I have smelled before (CSP Hemisphère Sud perhaps?), nothing impressive really. The first notes are quite peppery, I can't feel any bergamot at all, and then you get a floral scent with a strong presence of patchouli, perhaps that's the reason I didn't like it.

lilou
lilou

I love this one ! Quite similar to the EDP but it doesn't give me headaches like the EDP. So it's the best version for me. It was a good idea to release this EDT : it's spicy, but not too much, sweet and floral at the same time, perfect for me.

TanjaS
TanjaS

This is very similar to the EDP, but indeed lighter. I get a lot of pepper right after I spray it on and the patchouli is prominent all the way with the pepper lingering in the background. I can't say that the staying power is incredible. I feel the need to reapply after couple of hours. This is a nice fragrance, I like it, but I prefer the EDP as it's richer.

imgcas
imgcas

I barely get the jasmin and the rose. On my skint it's all about a lovely, honeyed patchouli. It's gorgeous. I would wear it a lot in autumn/winter.
I would recommend it to anyone who likes Neonatura Cocoon but finds it too earthy. And it will fill the bill if you love By Kilian Back to Black but you can't afford it.
Cavallier, Cresp and Salamagne have done a great job.

I expected this to be a lighter version of the original EDP, but I think it is strong too!! So, they are not identical perfumes, but they are both on the strong side. In the beginning I had trouble with So Elixir, now I find the whole range soooo extremely well done. It is a very modern perfume, so I think, as a true vintage collector, I had to get used to this kind of trendy perfume..

vertigo
vertigo

Now this is a well crafted EDT version.

Lighter and safer than the original, with smaller sillage. But the staying power is good.

It's more on the woody-patchouli side than EDP. Flowers are secondary. Pepper is barely here.

Generally, similar to the original. Of course rather for day use.

I prefer the EDP. The incense makes it more special. And the jasmine is more intensive ...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Rocher So Elixir Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Rocher So Elixir Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify So Elixir Eau de Toilette by Yves Rocher. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of So Elixir Eau de Toilette by Yves Rocher represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay