Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Black Opium Floral Shock Yves Saint Laurent for women

Black Opium Floral Shock Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

coffee
Black Opium Floral Shock Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Black Opium Floral Shock Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Black Opium Floral Shock Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Black Opium Floral Shock Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures Black Opium Floral Shock Yves Saint Laurent for women Pictures

Yves Saint Laurent announces a new edition of the popular Black Opium collection to come out at the start of 2017, called Black Opium Floral Shock. The new edition Black Opium Floral Shock is announced as a fresher version with more floral and green aromas and the first one to possess the “iced coffee” accord. The new composition belongs to the family of fruity - florientals and "shocks" with its zesty lemon opening, white floral character in the heart with dominant gardenia, and iced coffee and white musk at the base of the perfume.

The freshness of lemon, bergamot and pear in the top notes mixed with freesia is the first floral accord of the composition. The heart includes white flowers of golden gardenia, orange blossom and a solar floral accord. The base ends with iced coffee, white musk, mineral accord and woody amber. Perfumers Nathalie Lorson, Marie Salamagne, Olivier Cresp and Honorine Blanc collaborated on the creation.

The bottle retains the shape and design of the original; it is transparent and covered with black sparkles that disappear at the bottom and reveal the pink color of the juice. The face of the campaign is model Edie Campbell. The fragrance is available as a 30, 50 and 90 ml Eau de Parfum.

Bergamot Lemon Pear Freesia

Halloween

Black Opium Floral Shock Fragrance Reviews

raiza1990
raiza1990

This one is slightly more floral than the original, but nothing i would call a floral shock. It is actually very sweet, almost cloying. If you're expecting a green, light floral fragrance with coffee, you will be disappointed.
If you already own one from the Black Opium serie, i do not recommend buying this, because it is not different enough to justify having it. If you want a lighter Black Opium, than this is the one for you. If you're looking for a floral coffee fragrance, then try the EDT.
Overall, it is a nice fragrance for gourmand lovers. Great sillage and longevity. I think i even like it more than the original.

aliciacb828
aliciacb828

Got this perfume as a sample today and i feel like it's another let down from yves saint laurent. I didn't like black opium in the beginning and then it grew on me, now I can't stand it again as it's very mishmashed, heavy and almost allergy inducing. Floral shock really is no better. I'm not going to bother going into notes, all black opium flankers smell and wear exactly the same on me, this one started off a little more floral and less mishmashed nighttime coffee scent.
After a few minutes however it was back to typical black opium hell just slightly lighter and more summerish. This is the best flanker I've smelt from ysl just because the notes blend together nicer and aren't as harsh on your nose, if I had to choose between this and the original it would be this but I wouldn't buy this full size and I wouldn't get the original EDP again either.

iamoir
iamoir

Floral Shock has two similarities with Black Opium: the coffee notes and the pear. The pear is very prominent in the drydown before the perfume totally disappears from the skin, because unfortunately it's not a long lasting scent. Too pity. Before that it's mostly orange blossom dipped in dark coffee-like chocolate, and that's really distinct and creative!

There is potential in here as regards the scent itself but YSL chose not to rely on a flanker and "just release something", like how stupid is that? It needs more potency, more lasting power and a bit more sillage and it will be perfect! For some reason creative minds in YSL think that Black Opium is THE PERFUME, when it's nothing more than a mishmash gourmand, advertised on each and every girly girl perfume collection YouTube video as holy grail fragrance, becoming all the more BASIC because of it!

Yet, here in Floral Shock, they already created an interesting pairing of notes, which is unfinished, not enough. You have floral and shock: the shock is the coffee notes, maybe more of those? Maybe some bitter chocolate notes as well? You went there with coffee, why not pushing it a bit more? More floral, a more biting orange blossom; orange blossom is sweet but with a bite, why not try to emulate the aroma of them at night? After all, it's Black Opium Floral Shock! Like wtf YSL?

FragranceFinder
FragranceFinder

From a man's perspective, this is sexy stuff. Black Opium is one of the most heavenly scents I think a woman can wear. This ones goes in a different direction - a more floral direction, obviously, and more mainstream than its big sister. The coffee note falls more silent and gives room to a strong pear and white flower note. Still, you can definitely tell that Black Opium and this belong in the same family.

I prefer this to La Vie Est Belle, which I think is a tad similar. Don't know about the performance as I don't wear this myself.

Minnie02
Minnie02

I don't think this one is for me. I love both Black Opium and Nuit Blanche but this one is a bit of a let down. It does smell okay, nothing really wrong with it. It's very light and kind of citrusy, which I guess is good for summer.

On the dry down, if you really stick your nose in it, you might detect a faint memory of Black Opium, but on me, the citrus is the most recognizable note throughout. Not sure what the actual floral shock is all about...

If you're into light citrus scents and not a big fan of the original Black Opium, you will probably like this one.

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

Materpiece! I smelled this last night and was surprised on how good it smelled. I tried all the other editions and the other ones after the initial spray had a weird note that I did not enjoy very much, but this one is a different story.
There is a happy smell to it, a mix between floral, fruity and fresh all together in harmony. Beautiful bottle also:)

Tovah
Tovah

For some reason I still haven't purchased a bottle of Black Opium. I've used up many little sample bottles of it, and I adore it. I meant to buy Black Opium, finally, after wanting it for a couple of years now, but I accidentally purchased Black Opium Floral Shock. It's a happy mistake, because this is a terrific fragrance for the incoming summer heat! Floral Shock is what I think of as Summer Black Opium. It's quite a bit lighter and less sweet the original. Black Opium Floral Shock is not what I would have named this, because it's more "fresh" than "floral". There are floral notes, but they aren't showcased, (on my skin anyways). The first impression my nose detects is an ozoney scent that reminds me of beach air and sand...NOT sunscreen in the least. It's an elemental aroma, that connotes the aura of summertime. When I concentrate after this "aura", lemon is the only concrete note I can identify. Overall, I smell Black Opium; light-lemon Black Opium. It's irresistible. The downside to Floral Shock is the lasting power, and the overall effect of the fragrance is way more subtle than Black Opium (which is rather subtle to begin with). I spray a lot of my Floral Shock, while crossing my fingers that my perception of its daintiness is not the result of an ingredient to which I am anosmatic. If this is the case, I may be asphyxiating every living thing in my neighborhood. Undeniably, Floral Shock is an offspring of the beautiful Black Opium, so if you love Black Opium, you're going to love this. Something about it reminds me of Cinema.

ladenu
ladenu

Floral? if there is any, I really cant smell. But i like it anyway. It fits perfect for summer. This smells like fruity iced drink and bubble gum to me. Refreshing and pretty.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

This I ordered a sample of and tested today. On first spray my husband recoiled in horror "What did you spray?" I'm guessing this doesn't sit well upon first application but that you have to let it settle.
And so I did, and I kept getting familiar whiffs of...I finally realized, Salvatore Ferragamo Signorina!This smells a lot like that perfume on my skin. Don't get my wrong, it's great and all- but it's been done before. I don't like investing in fragrances that are smell alikes unless they become dupes for discontinued gems. Pleasant enough but I will stick to the Original. However, still wanting to test Nuit Blanche...

lmwimsatt
lmwimsatt

this is hands down. or of the best perfumes around. I hate to say I can't distinguish it from the original. I like to get an alternative flanker when it rivals the original because I like to be unique. so I chose this one hoping no one I knew would have it

bvn1
bvn1

Just a sweet fruity floral. The solar notes are coming out as hot/melting plastic or the smell when a hairdryer over heats!

mendwillie
mendwillie

Beautiful mix of pear with freesia and something sensual hot, that scent delight, I love original black opium and this version is also very nice and special, yes I love it.

I evaluate this:
Smell: 9/10
Projection: 8.5/10
Longevity: 8.5/10

mmm_331
mmm_331

one of the worst in the opium line -- the original opium is still the best out of the bunch

LoreleiBluebird
LoreleiBluebird

It's nice, it's a bit greener than the original and Nuit Blanche (which I love).
But it's not greener or lighter or more floral enough to really constitute being touted as anything summery or fresh. It's just not that different.
And it bears no resemblance to Poison Girl.
I'm bored now.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

This is a beautiful fragrance! Its blended so well, its creamy and smooth with some nice zing to it, just like an iced coffee! Floral, on the sweet side but not candy sweet. I actually think its going to be perfect for spring and summer, a little too light for winter in my opinion (at least in my area where it gets below freezing!), but still wearable all year round in general. Not cloying, not loud, its light and refreshing so would do well for work or school environments as well as going out! : )

*EDIT* Im really liking this more and more! I actually love how light it is on the skin (i prefer scents that stay close to the skin rather than having a ton of sillage) It settles into a really beautiful sweet skin musk, I love how its sweet but not typical candy sweet like viva la juicy or victoria's secret scents its a creamy floral sweet that lingers on the skin in a beautiful way. This is quickly becoming one of my top 5 I think ;) Love this! I feel like two sprays on the chest area and 1 spray for each arm/wrist is perfect for me.

MaiCecile
MaiCecile

Like knotslandinggirl, possibly the only Opium I've liked- the flowers and pear make it so interesting! I'm partial to those two notes, but this is much deeper than my usual pear-floral loves. Complex and unique.

Shwets
Shwets

A diluted and disappointing version of the original. ..

knotslandinggirl
knotslandinggirl

Where shall I start with this little black beauty?

Yes,I tried original black opium,and yes I wore it and wore it to try and fall in love with it,but alas,I could not.

However on first use of using floral shock I instantly loved it, and i was surprise.

Then it dawned on me,this fragrance has no vanilla,where as the original has vanilla,and on me it was just way too cloying within vanilla!

On first applying this I get the pear and citrus,with the freesia,wow it is quite shocking I can see why it is called shock!

Then I get the coffee note with the gardenia,in the heart,and this I have to add is pure heaven......the heart lingers and lingers and the projection of that coffee note with the florals and gardenia is absolutely breathtaking....well it is for me,and I am a BIG lover of white flowers and gardenia!

The base finally comes through with the woody notes and musk,however it is minimal I would say,as the florals and coffee dance all through this beauty.

If you think it will be like Black opium,then think again,this is on another level and even ias a flanker I would categorise this as a separate stand alone perfume.

If you love sweet florals,but delecate florals with arm length projection and a good 5 hours staying power you will love it.
If you prefer the vanilla vibe with tonkabean sweetness alas you will not.

For me I LOVE it,and finally can add a Black opium fragrance to my wardrobe for a day or night perfume......beautiful....

One Cool Cat
One Cool Cat

Another generic, sweet fragrance. Very similar to YSL Mon Paris and Christian Dior Poison Girl.

The main players in this are: Bergamot, Freesia Accord, Orange Blossom and Iced Coffee Accord and as quoted from YSL "The shock of an iced coffee, between pleasure and adrenalin."

Bottom line is: I wouldn't buy it - just another sugary smell - nothing different!!

PaulieDoodle
PaulieDoodle

Just got a free sample from YSL direct & I'm actually wearing Black Opium Floral Shock right now as I type this out!! & Guess what? I absolutely love it!! It's definitely more fresher & greener than both the original Black Opium & Nuit Blanche!! & most certainly not as sweet which is a really good thing!! My Mum was the very first person to smell this on me,& Mum's NEVER lie!! & she said "gosh don't you smell really lovely"!! & When I told her it's the new Black Opium Floral Shock,she said "mmmmmmmmmmmm I would wear it myself!! I really like it!! So I definitely think YSL just might be onto a winner here!! Why did YSL ever discontinue their Belle D'Opium? as I really loved it as I do with all the Opium line!! Please YSL bring back Belle D'Opium to complete the Opium range!! 10/10 for the new Black Opium Floral Shock which I will now be purchasing!! Xx

Berta15
Berta15

So,I have mixed feelings!First of all I absolutely love it,it´s lot more fresher than the original(which I adore).
I was sooo exited when I opened the box,and take out this beautiful bottle.
The opeing was soo juicy,fresh,energising there was lot of pear mixed with lime.It was sweet but like a fresh fruity juice.When the heart notes start to develop I smell mostly orange-flower mixed with the pear and there was the coffee but not as prominent as in the "mother scent".I hardly detect some of the listed flowers,because there was something else,I don´t know what is it,it´s like a plastic smell or something genereic something burned plastic(maybe the solar notes???).And yes,maybe there is the gardenia but it´s not like a real gardenia smell,it´s not centered around this flower.It´s like a more fresher,fruitier version with just a hint of floral undertone.After a while the coffee note started to be more intensive but it was very pleasant smell.The best part was the dry down(with the opening),and I absolutely love it.But sadly it´s not like a "floral bomb" with coffee,but nevermind.
I love it too.I recommend for those who think black opium edp was too much and sweet,this is a watered down version this is Black Opium eau Fruiteé.
Pleasant,lovely,joyful scent for spring,fall maybe for a cold summer night.The longevity is actually good and the sillage too.
And how it say the advertising it´s more fresher with green aromas and with iced-coffee accord - I totally agree

Tintin Parfumeur
Tintin Parfumeur

waw il y a une très grosse note de fleurs avec la résine
le départ sent pareille que le 1er mais après 1 heure il n'y à pas du tout la même facette sucrée café , poire
on ne sent que la résine et les notes solaires . Je préfère de loin le premier black opium

singlebilingual
singlebilingual

I love Black Opium but this flanker is nothing new, smells to me like a copy of Poison Girl.

Miss X
Miss X

I tested this 4 hours ago and I can still smell it in my wrist.
I own the original Black Opium and this one is quite similar, but not that sweet. I find this a little bit more elegant, more flowery (gardenia).
It's warm, the "solar note" could be just the mix of soft vanilla+gardenia? If someone is wondering, it doesn't smell like suntan lotion.

Anyway, it's a beautiful smell, much nicer than the original I think, which it's too sweet, cloying and somewhat smoky. I really like this one, it's easier to wear, easier to please and in the drydown has no spices, resins, nor woods, it's just feminine creamy sweet flowers (vanilla+hint of caramel/coffee+gardenia) from the beginning to the end. It's the natural evolution from the original Black Opium, although this flanker has no "Opium" concept at all!

Top notes are really nice, but after that, it is just a coffee centered scent. Not much improvement since the first Black Opium. There are some flowers in this composition, but it's overstatement to call it Floral Shock.

Miss LaCreevy
Miss LaCreevy

I like to drink strong black coffee together with a glass of lemonwater. Wait and see how this will be together in a perfume.
Solar notes????

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

In Columbia, coffee is traditionally served with a squeeze of citrus. It adds a freshness to the complexity of the coffee. I wonder about this whole "iced coffee" thing. I LOVE iced coffee, and in fact the coldness makes it even more bitter than hot coffee.. Does this scent portray that bitterness associated with iced coffee? If it does, I can't see how that would be a positive.

jovejove

All the marketing I'm seeing is calling this "the Shock", not "Floral Shock". Interested to see the accuracy.

I am a bit puzzled with that one, it is overall rather sweet, and I was wondering when the florals would appear...there is a sharpness in the heart, I suspect the gardenia and the citrus it is very much like the other flankers, like I don't smell a significant difference , maybe the brightness in the top notes, but right away it is a sweet gourmand...nice, but when you own the edt, or Nuit Blanche, like I do, Shock isn't necessarily one you need!?
The sharpness bugs me, a bit headache inducing, might be the citrus on top of it...so it is nice, really smells pretty, but a flanker that really didnt bring anything new...I can't tell the difference with edt, so similar.
Then longevity is far from good.
As far as the solar notes are concerned, i can't detect them....this is more a sweet citrusy floral to my nose..just frustrated with this one !!
I will add YSL should retire the Black opium, that flanker didn't need to be.
I rarely feel that way, but I think I wasted my money on that one as I have the other flankers already,
But for lovers of citrus florals with hint of sweet , might be worth checking out .

Missisjoker
Missisjoker

Ok, what the heck is the solar note? How does sunshine smell?
As for the perfume- it is nice, vanilla-y, with a note of rose or citrus or something slightly sour, which is perfectly blended with overall sweetness. While I am not a very big fan of the original perfume (too sweet for me), I love this new one.

jovejove

I just received the marketing for this. Should be out before Valentines Day in Canada. $110 for 50ml, $140 for 100ml. I'm interested to smell it ☺️

Yessamin
Yessamin

My grandma used to have her coffee with lemon!!! so for me this is a no brainer!! I can't wait to test it.

jess_27
jess_27

I will buy it because i love the Black opium fragrance range but why do they keep making fresher versions of the fragrance why not make a black opium intense .

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

White flowers , solar notes , coffee , I'm in!!! I wear black opium , love also Nuit Blanche . This is a YES for me ! That bottle though! Love it!

Germany
Germany

Nice!!! The solar note is becoming more popular , I have seen it a few times now.
Interesting twist of a spring summer version. Something to look forward too after wearing the original all winter. I still love the original. It's awesome !

scarlett.angel
scarlett.angel

Interesting notes. A refreshing gourmand? Something different and lighter for summer than the original which I love but find way too cloying in our 40°C heat. Gorgeous bottle too. Hopefully this summer flanker will work out better for our hot and humid weather.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Floral Shock fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Floral Shock, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black Opium Floral Shock by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black Opium Floral Shock by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.