Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Black Opium Wild Edition Yves Saint Laurent for women

Black Opium Wild Edition Yves Saint Laurent for women
dislike

coffee

Yves Saint Laurent announces a new bottle of the Black Opium Eau de Parfum edition, a limited edition for those who like animalistic prints. The Black Opium Wild Edition bottle apparently reflects the free spirit of both the perfume and its wearer.

Wild Edition retains the original composition of the perfume dominated by bitter notes of coffee in contrast with white flowers and sweet vanilla and woods. The scent includes accords of pink pepper, pear, orange blossom, jasmine, bitter almond, licorice, vanilla, patchouli, cedar, cashmere and coffee.

It is available as a 50 ml Eau de Parfum at the price of 89 Euros. Black Opium Wild Edition was launched in 2016. Black Opium Wild Edition was created by Nathalie Lorson, Marie Salamagne, Olivier Cresp and Honorine Blanc.

Pink Pepper Pear Orange Blossom

Black Opium Nuit Blanche

Black Opium Wild Edition Fragrance Reviews

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Different bottle, same fragrance. I was looking for Black Opium edp and the YSL counter in my nearby department store has this limited edition bottle.
Aaah....Black Opium surely reminds me of my favorite drink--coffee! This is a strong flat white dusted with dark cocoa. Heavenly! Although there's nothing wild about enjoying some alone time in a cozy cafe with my favorite drink in hand, I am not complaining.

jolantuk
jolantuk

This is different from original Black Opium, although its being said that the perfume is the same, but bottle different. I have at the moment the original Black Opium about 10 ml, so I decided to order it again, but they had just Wild Edition, so when I checked that it is the same perfume I ordered it - and disappointed. First that I noticed that its not so deep, not so strong like original. Contrary to Rose96 review below, I smell less coffee and it is less sweet. Its sounds very similar, but imagine it with less coffee and less sweet, more watery (YES that is the right word!!!), and lasting power is weaker. It sounds not so interesting like original, wouldn't buy this edition again. You know like Chanel No5 Eau premiere and Chanel No5 Leau, you know that they smell similar, but Leau vertion has no character, same is here.

Rose96
Rose96

I love the original perfume but it's pretty expensive. The Wild edition was on sale tho so I decided to grab it. It's pretty similar, obviously. I do feel like there is a stronger coffee smell. A couple minutes after spraying it I smelled it and I got the distinct coffee note whereas before it was more blended in. There is some pleasant spiciness and some sweetness but not overwhelmingly sweet.

I would definitely recommend trying it or any of the other editions. Since I first tried the original I try to get a bottle each winter even if I wouldn't normally spend that much on perfume.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Ahahah, I'll tell you the meaning of this edition.
Catching peoples' attention, like me:)

I feel that the jungle-print matches the perfume perfectly. -Way better than the previous black&pink&sparkly&girly thing.

So, it's like this animal print brought out the best facets of this scent, the ones *my mind* overlooked.
I got the hot vibe of a Kenya-sunset and felt the dreamy wind over african coffee-bean plantations. Suddenly I realised that this is not another boring sweet gourmand, but more of a (dreamer's) traveller's scent.
*wish I could afford it*

JerZgal94
JerZgal94

So this is just the original Black Opium with a different bottle design? What's the point of this release?

auroramaria
auroramaria

Lovely bottle but when I saw it I thought it was a Black Opium Absolu or Elixir version even though I love the EDP and I know it's strong enough as it is

PerfumeKing14
PerfumeKing14

don't get me wrong i love me some black opium.. however, this will the 5th edition now if you include the Swarovski edition.. i mean

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Wild Edition fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Wild Edition, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black Opium Wild Edition by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black Opium Wild Edition by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Mugler Angel Muse Guerlain Mon Guerlain Christian Dior Poison Girl Mugler Angel Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Eau Sensuelle Prada Prada La Femme Valentino Valentino Donna Prada Prada Candy Elizabeth Arden Always Red Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison Lacoste Eau De Lacoste Sensuelle Trussardi Trussardi Donna (2011) Dolce&Gabbana Dolce&Gabbana Pour Femme Guess Guess Seductive Lalique Perles De Lalique Paco Rabanne Lady Million Prive Gucci Gucci Eau de Parfum Givenchy Very Irresistible Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Floral Shock