Designers » T-Z » Aromatic Aquatic « Groups

L'Homme Libre Cologne Tonic Yves Saint Laurent for men

L'Homme Libre Cologne Tonic Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

aldehydic
L'Homme Libre Cologne Tonic Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures L'Homme Libre Cologne Tonic Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

L'Homme Libre Cologne Tonic by Yves Saint Laurent is a Aromatic Aquatic fragrance for men. L'Homme Libre Cologne Tonic was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Polge. Top notes are lemon verbena, watery notes and pink pepper; middle notes are aldehydes, basil and violet; base notes are amber, leather, musk, vetiver and cashmeran.

Lemon Verbena Watery Notes Pink Pepper

Aldehydes Basil Violet

Amber Leather Musk Vetiver Cashmeran

L'Homme Libre
Uomo

L'Homme Libre Cologne Tonic Fragrance Reviews

nexangelus
nexangelus

Fresh, woody, green and slightly powdery unisex summer spritzer. This does not project after the inital drydown. It is slightly bitter and is very refreshing in hot weather. I think as the temperature rises, so the projection/sillage will increase. If I layer this the projection and lasting power are increased. I love it on its own too, straight after my bath. My first foray into the aquatics and I have found one I really enjoy, way to go YSL (I did not enjoy the Cologne Gingembre on the other hand, that was instant dislike)

Confessions
Confessions

It lasts and lasts on clothing but not so much on skin. I do not sense any relation to its big brother LIBRE, what I consider to be my favorite fresh scent ever. This one opens with a lemon that almost comes off smoky like an incense. It keeps this smoky scent with a hit of crispness for the majority of its span. Over all I'm not really impressed at all. I had a lot of hope with all the reviews saying it was super fresh, light and aquatic because i got none of that. Its very much like Dior homme sport. the only difference is Dior legit made me vomit when I got wafts of it in the summer heat. Too much.

gianmarco
gianmarco

On me this lasts a very long time. Starts off with a punch but then becomes a very nice smell. Good for hot weather.

yourfriendmarito
yourfriendmarito

I am a fan of Olivier Polge and I try at least once everything he does. I have bought this one on the cheap and I am so happy that I did it. It plays on different levels. The violet and the vetiver makes it very masculine. Almost in a Fahreinheit kind of masculinity. I smell also lemon and basil, and this is really fresh. At first I thought that it was a casual smell for summer, but it is more versatile than that. It is almost formal, like a very well blend fresh cologne that you would wear with a suit. I have not tried it at work, but I am sure that it will be a winner. In the summer, I use Acqua Di Parma Fico Di Amalfi and Mugler Cologne. I will add this beautiful tonic cologne to my list for the summer.

indult
indult

I love it love it love it forever, fresh and lemony for day, i wear it everyday until finish the perfume but one note : very poor lasting.

CHOICE
CHOICE

Fragrance: 8
Longevity: 6

Ivanaish
Ivanaish

Hell !! is this what they list of ingredients?
when I saw musky woody powdery, I thought that I found my paradise,
a mixture of L' instant de Guerlain, Lalique Incre Noir and Dior Homme Intense, while the ugly truth, this is only an aquatic cologne, typical and fresh
like any other cheap fragrancs, I,e. : CK, Boss, Lacoste...
nothing else.

nonsisa
nonsisa

This scent makes me very indecisive. I cannot tell if I like, love or hate it.
Besides from the watery notes and the cashmeran the violet seems to be the prominent note. It's pretty well done as it's got massive longevity and provides good sillage too.

I'd like to know if this can actually wow somebody as it seems to be slick as can be.
I like Oliver Polge scents but I think for this one I'll prefer the original version (l'Homme Libre).

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

Could YSL be any more unimaginative?

binker

Just got this today & I like it. It's like the original but lighter fresher more for summer than original. Has a prominent gin n tonic with lime scent with a lighter fresher more aquatic original libre in the background. If u like the original but want a fresher version for summer with less powdery violet then you will like this one.

micrtin

Here in Canada I tried it at a Shoppers Drug Mart, but I am sure it is now available at most retailers

binker

Where's this available to buy or test micrtin?

micrtin

Tested it today, and for the very first time I am disapointed in a L`homme fragrance. It is similar to the original Homme Libre, except it has a strong melon/fruity note that is very prominent at the opening. So it is definitely "fruitier" than Homme Libre. It then dries down after maybe an hour, which is pretty good, to a close to the skin scent, less powerful that Libre. My opinion, there are so many variations on Homme, Homme libre and La Nuit that this one is one too many for me to ever want to own. I prefer Homme Libre and I even prefer Cologne Gingembre to this scent.
A pass for me. There is a fruity note present in Lacoste Essential that reminds me of this.

Deefit
Deefit

When looking at the notes, I expect a whole different fragrance than the original L'Homme Libre. And like KinG JameS said, these diagrams for longevity and sillage make no sense at all. Given that it's a cologne, it's probably low sillage and short longevity. But I still want to give this scent a try.

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

I have never understood how sometimes users of scents can review the same Fragrance a come up with two completly different outcomes, if you see the diagram to show longevity and sillage of the fragrance, people have reviewed only the two extremes of the fragrance. Me, as someone looking to profit from the reviews of others so that I can have an idea how the perfume is really cant tell who is telling the truth. Please reviewers, give your evaluations more thought before you just come and drag the slides for the sake of it. I sure dont know now whether this perfume is a sillage or longevity monster or whether I shouldnt think of buying it because there are similary as many evaluations for ist mediocrity in that department. Its really really annoying.

Molko
Molko

Oh, what a bottle, I hope the scent will be such beautiful:)

Mike213
Mike213

The Water, aldehydes, and leather notes seem interesting! Looking forward to smelling this!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre Cologne Tonic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent L'Homme Libre Cologne Tonic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Homme Libre Cologne Tonic by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Homme Libre Cologne Tonic by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.