Designers » T-Z » Oriental Fougere « Groups

La Nuit de L'Homme Eau Électrique Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

herbal
La Nuit de L'Homme Eau Électrique Yves Saint Laurent for men Videos
La Nuit de L'Homme Eau Électrique Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures La Nuit de L'Homme Eau Électrique Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

Yves Saint Laurent presents a new edition of the masculine fragrance line L'Homme, from its La Nuit de L'Homme subcollection. La Nuit de L'Homme Eau Électrique is described as a “wild” fragrance of a “seducer” who “makes the night his territory” and “nobody can resist his charm, at the edge of elegance and freedom.” The fragrance is conceived as a tension between the freshness of a modern fougere composition and a sensual trace of vanilla. Three noses worked on the composition: Juliette Karagueuzoglou, Dominique Ropion and Anne Flipo.

Citrus notes of bergamot and mandarin combined with green apple form a fresh start. The classic fougere accord made of lavender, geranium and tonka bean, is modernized by the freshness of the opening, as well as orange blossom absolute and aromatic sage in the heart. Woody notes of cedar, cashmere, vetiver and patchouli, and a dose of quality vanilla end at the base.

The face of the campaign is model Vinnie Woolston. The distinctive bottle of the line is refreshed by the blue perfume liquid. The fragrance is available as a 40, 60 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette. La Nuit de L'Homme Eau Électrique was launched in 2017.

Mandarin Orange Lemon Green Apple

Lavender Geranium Sage Orange Blossom

Vanilla Tonka Bean Cedar Patchouli Vetiver Cashmere Wood

Eros
L'Homme Ultime

La Nuit de L'Homme Eau Électrique Fragrance Reviews

Frample
Frample

Just received this. It has some laid down sweetness similar to code profumo. It has strong spiciness and the la nuit DNA. But that is the opening. When it settles down it turns into a more casual versace eros basicaly. Overall it is a pleasant fragrance I like it but it doesn't impress me. It doesn't really smell similar to ultime to me. Or it does but just very little. I find it more similar to Versace Eros. It's like a more casual and fresh, more versatile versace eros. And definitely less strong than versace eros. If anyone is interested in DECANTS check my profile.

Times: autumn spring day time.

Places and reasons: job, school, casual outing, not so fancy event

binker

I've heard it was a mix between la nuit & ultime. Owning both & anticipaing to smell electrique I sprayed first la nuit on my wrist then ultime over la nuit & turned out to be a very very pleasant scent. I did get a little of that invictus vibe upfront. Anyone know where this is available to purchase from the US?

Coachcorriemac
Coachcorriemac

I thought this was supposed to be a summer fragrance by the note breakdown but to my noes it is not. It is a fresher woodier spicy Version of the original in my opinion. As it dries down to me almost smells just like the original. The top is much more fresh than the original. A bit disappointed as I expected something different. But still like it ok.

jeremy fragrance
jeremy fragrance

just made a review on this on my youtube channel!

FragranceFinder
FragranceFinder

Wow, this is great...

for the person who, for some reason, wants to smell like a soft, bland version of La Nuit with more apple and bergamot. If Yves Saint Laurent releases a proper, potent version of La Nuit, (No, La Nuit Intense is not it), they can have my money. But this is a disappointing release.

johntsoumanis
johntsoumanis

review based on a 10 ml decant from a friend.
Top reminds me of 1 million by Paco...
Then to my nose eau electrique smells exactly like La Nuit de L'Homme.
Not going to buy this.

simpa256
simpa256

YSL, please discontinue all of your shitty flankers and bring back original formulations of l'homme and la nuit. It will sell your house brand. You can have a million more flankers but you will never reach what you achieved with stronger la nuit. Bring it back and see it fly out of stock. Everything else is just kidding yourself and wasting our money and time which, in the end, is hurting your reputation and sales more and more.

groover
groover

The below review is quite accurate,
it reminds me of a eros and invictus
clone, not really an exiting new release,
i liked ultime a lot more than this, but
if you like the above you might love this,
for me its a meh for now.

Spasticink
Spasticink

Powdery and cheap as Versace Eros smelling...
Ultimate from YSL was a pleasent suprise but this is not good and not worth the money...

steeldragon81.1
steeldragon81.1

At the top of this fragrance you get a clever mix of orange, lemon and apple blended with cashmerenwool. All sitting on the base of La Nuit! The beginnings of this fragrance are alluring and pleasing. The top lasts for about an hour on my skin.

Then something weird happens to the middle and the drydown. Imagine a fresher Versace Eros without the beastly performance. Not saying this has poor performance as I haven't had much time with this fragrance. But it very reminiscent of the above named scent.
Will certainly be a crowd pleaser but does nothing for those seeking depth and complexity!

Overall rating:

Blind buy safe. Just don't expect that WOW factor from this one!
Thanks

lovetribe

first in my comments I said it is very bubblegum. But he has the incredible performance and had I not bought Invictus (which in my opinion looks a lot) I would definitely buy this. definitely is a winter fragrance club. between the various bubblegum-like scents. but buy it would be a duplication of Invictus Invictus or intense.

konkok

As I said before, it's very powdery. It's a very good performer
Longevity: 10-12 hours
Projection: 3-4 hours.

I find it very girly. Not manly at all! But the ladies really love the smell of it. So yeah another compliment getter from the YSL line.

Pure bubblegum.

Scentster
Scentster

BUBBLEGUM

konkok

It's very powdery, reminds me of the drydown of jaipur homme

SmellyFinger
SmellyFinger

Apparently nitwits who can not properly evaluate a fragrance have used the term "smells like bubblegum" to replace "smells like One Million". Please retire from posting fragrance reviews. This is a fresh, spicy, woody fragrance with NO bubblegum. Its smells like a bit of LHomme Ultime mixed with a bit of La Nuit de LHomme

ageofsillage
ageofsillage

The staff at a large department store in Canada informed me they're expecting to start carrying Eau Electrique in Sept 2017 lol. My guess is if you want to try this one now, you'll have better luck at YSL Boutiques or at airports. A lot of people saying it smells like bubblegum lol but I'll reserve judgement until I try the juice on my own nose.

Saru21
Saru21

If I hear another one of you drones parrot the term "bubblegum" one more time....

It's ironic how you all complain over the lack of originality in fragrances, yet all that ever comes out of your mouths is as generic, if not more, than the very cologne you're critiquing.

Seattle Dweller
Seattle Dweller

Take Ysl Nuit, remove the cardamom, add roughly 25% Paco Rabanne Invictus or Azzaro Wanted and you have Eau Électrique.

samuelgustav
samuelgustav

Boring and nothing original with that bubble gum vibe that is just terrible and doesn't make sense in the YSL line

uchini
uchini

I have smelled it... OK it's 80% similar to la nuit original... It's like the original la nuit but with something else, something more sweet in the opening with a twist. Something more spicy and in the drydown is like a version of l'homme ultime...

Really good fragrance

matsnyman
matsnyman

Boring, unoriginal, uninspiring release from YSL. Smelled it in the airport and it has a reslly strong bubblegum generic vibe. (1 million/le male'ish). All in all a super dissapointing fragrance.

hopey
hopey

It immediately remembered me of l'Homme libre with a La Nuit de l'Homme-Vibe. It's unique that's why I consider this as a good flanker. Better than l'Homme libre, but I just don't like it.

FMB
FMB

Tried it today, my first impression was dissappointing. It's just a very generic, not unique fragrance with a very slight hint of la nuit de l'homme. Not worth the money is you ask me.

manu.tq

Tried it today in London Luton Airport. To my nose it resembles the original La Nuit to some extent, however seems a bit fresher, with a certain bubble gum aspect (what a surprise..) in the opening and mid notes (not very prominent though). The sweetness level is pretty much the same as well. The problem with it; doesn't feel unique at all. It lacks character. When you smell it, it might give you the impression that you just mixed the 10 most popular fragrances for men and applied a new label on it. Performance seems ok though, as it's been 5 hours since applying and it's still noticeably there (as a skin scent).
In conclusion, i wouldn't buy it. La Nuit and La Nuit L'Intense seem to be much better choices if you are looking for a fragrance with more identity.

Dwyatt
Dwyatt

Beautiful bottle. But I just don't see how it will belong to the La Nuit line without cardamom.

TheGoodfellaANDSmeller
TheGoodfellaANDSmeller

Can't wait to get this...looking forward to test the performance and the smell in general. La Nuit still a good scent eventhough the perfomance is kinda not the best, still a very good scent to impress someone.

Astoiano
Astoiano

What kind of a boring, dull and sorry life does one have to have in order for them to hate a fragrance "for free", down-voting it before they even have a chance to test it, or at least read reviews of those who have?! Like really, if you take it so seriously and spend your time and energy doing it, maybe you should get yourself a life.

Mark0

Houdini4, I'm not clinging onto the glory day's of YSL..i'm on the verge of giving up if this release isn't up to scratch.

All i was merely doing was echoing what other posters had said, their decline from the day's when they actually released fragrances that were worth owning is a little sad to me.

I never said they weren't capable of releasing something that was bottle worthy, all i wrote is what other people have wrote, the stuff they have been releasing isn't good enough, especially with the stupidly priced EDP fragrances they released to con people.

Let's face it, those EDP frags, definitely weren't EDP strength, not a chance in hell. I will reserve judgement until this new one is released though, just hope it's good.

I think i know how this will be,but,let's wait and see/sniff.

Great expectations of Yves saint laurent fragrance division ?. I think it's more along the lines of people venting their frustration with what they have been releasing to be fair.

masak389
masak389

All I can deduce from all this reviews are the great expectations all of us still have with yves saint laurent fragrance's division leaded by loreal.
The thing they do this time, maybe will better, maybe will worse, but they always try to shift our expectations, and this avalanche of reviews just confirm the great expectations that we all still have with the things they make.
So, let's see what they make this time, into the l'homme line or whatever they want to call the flanker this time.

Regards.

Oh I also just wanted to say that although there has undoubtedly been a decline in originality on YSL's main designer lines since the likes of M7 and Rive Gauche, Being part of L'Oreal doesn't make them incapable of making a decent fragrance. Those High end leather & rose ones they've made in recent years (despite being stupidly expensive) were pretty good I thought. People shouldn't cling to the glory days forever and at least try to show a little optimism maybe? It might be good, can't be any worse than that Ultime one.
Oh and another thing...folks moaning about 'Yet another L'nuit flanker' I don't get it? L'Nuit doesn't have that many flankers does it? Unless we are counting the L'Homme line as well...then they might have a point.
This will be the 4th one... 3rd If you don't count the Parfum which was not great but okay, The Frozen one which I quite liked and the L'Intense which was pretty poor... I'll give you that.
L'electrique might just be good...you never know and that's the beauty of being into fragrance...the surprise of having your expectations exceeded.

Quim
Quim

How does this have 27 votes already when it's going to be released next year? People, please stop messing up Fragrantica's rating system just because you don't like that this fragrance is being released. Even if you're confident you will hate it, you should actually smell it before voting!

Mark0

You hope this new release captures The magic of the original and La Nuit de L'Homme, one was uninspiring and the second of those was huge hype job.

I will wait till this get's released and get a sample, if this is bad, I'm giving up on YSL. I think YSL have given up anyway since their days of Rive gauche, M7 and Kouros.

Fingers crossed this one is actually good !

binker

Bottle looks amazing! How more classy & enticing would it be with a dark gunmetal top cap instead black?! Hope the juice is as good as the bottle looks! Can't wait to try it.

natrance
natrance

Just try it first before commenting and voting...no need to get all butt hurt about every single release not meeting everyones expectations...there will be others I promise

bart4543
bart4543

Been burned too many times with these flankers and false hope of capturing the same magic of the original and la nuit.

Mark0

Yay another YSL L'Homme flanker. Another 1 to add to the other 50. Fingers crossed this isn't bad, the others were terrible besides frozen, that wasn't that bad.

Why can't they put some imagination into their fragrances and actually release some inventive fragrances, YSL have gone drastically down hill from Kouros, M7 and some other old gems.

This is nearly bad as mugler and the pure line,but,there is one difference between the two, they actually smell good mostly and differ just enough to keep those interesting, the YSl l'homme flankers just uninspiring.

I hope like another poster stated, that this is actually good, otherwise YSL may as well give it a rest until they come up with something good for a change.

All this with the countless uninspiring flankers to the supposed EDP concentrates, which turned out to be worse than the EDT's...it's about time they bucked their ideas up.

I have paid drastically less for middle eastern fragrances and they have been ten times better, both in strength and quality.

I came across a good cheapie the other week. Khaliffa 2020 black by Oudh Al Anfar, nice warm, masculine spicy fragrance nice and rich and lasts a good 10 hours on me.

How much did it cost ?....£10 from E-Bay

Try it, that's a good example of how much these designer houses drastically overprice fragrances... 'cough cough'...YSL

I agree with BurtReynolds (not a sentence I thought I'd ever say :)) in that I don't understand folk who vote to dislike without having sampled the fragrance. As some point out, the fragrance is made available pre-release to people in the industry but lets face it I doubt they are the ones voting.

greg1187
greg1187

I'm gonna wait for the flanker of this one.

Endymion
Endymion

@Jaradona
Dude, why don't you try to think a little bit instead of just laughing when you don't understand something?
The page for this scent is done, they won't change it every year. And this means in the future it will be just the same as it is now, so in 2020 it will be still like this and by that time it will be absolutely fine to read "it was released in 2017"
Capise?

Wheresmybeer
Wheresmybeer

This is YSL's chance to make up for their pathetic reformulations of La Nuit.. If the performance of this is also shit, I'm saying goodbye to YSL.. They can take some other poor suckers money... This is YSL's last stand for me, for their sake, let's hope they pull through for everyone with a gem....

BurtReynolds
BurtReynolds

Fragrantica should change settings so that voting on likes/dislikes, longevity, sillage, etc. are disabled until the fragrance is actually available. This is ridiculous.

You cant just assume it's gonna be garbage and vote accordingly before actually smelling it.

spray_and_pray
spray_and_pray

I may catch some heat for what I am about to say but oh well...Yes,YSL has been rolling out trash flankers and abusing the success of L'homme and La Nuit but that bottle is gorgeous. I'll buy it just to put next to my original La Nuit, L'intense, L'homme & flankers. If the juice inside is actually good, then thats icing on the cake. Everyone can say what they want, but YSL bottle designs and color schemes are head and shoulders above many that line designer fragrance counters. Just look at Paco Rabanne's 1 Million + Invictus bottles? Absolute cheesy trash bottles that I hate having in my collection (I do enjoy the scents themselves). YSL has created stunning bottle + package designs for years. The reason I tried original La Nuit in the first place was because the bottle caught my eye. I fell in love with the scent but it was the bottle that drew me in because it was so classy yet distinct among the bottles on either side of it. As a fragrance collector/enthusiaist I care mostly about the scents themselves but the bottles are an important aspect of this hobby. I know damn well I am not the only one who's ever been drawn to a scent because of the packaging + bottle design.

Gazza97
Gazza97

I think I'm excited, but we'll see. Got a feeling Apple will be a dominant note.

elmalover
elmalover

People already voting and shit hahaha wtf is this

rushrocker
rushrocker

LOL @ all the voting, comparisons, note breakdowns etc... people are hilarious. NO ONE has smelled this yet.

spcmiller
spcmiller

At this point, their larger concern should be the longevity and overall quality of the entire line. The last handful of releases have been so-so in terms of longevity and sillage, with Ultime being the exception. The scents too have lost their uniqueness and panache. I'll buy it, but I don't want to.

We all knew once L'Oreal got their hands on this, they wouldn't let it die a peaceful and graceful death.

And don't get me started on the incessant reformulations that plague the line.

Why L'Oreal, why?

twlahue
twlahue

If these companies and designers would focus as much attention on preserving their products and their performance as they do introducing new ones, everyone would be a lot happier..."you don't always have to be introducing something new...just make sure that the quality of what you already produce remains intact."

Chazas
Chazas

Sauvage wannabe...

Jokes aside, really hope this will be different and unique, and finally with a great performance as older YSL.

By the composition it seems that it could be similar to Davidoff Horizon, which is actually pretty nice. Hopefully this won't be a Tonka bomb as most releases theses days.

And please do not whine before you tried it.

AndiJ10
AndiJ10

Eager to try this one out. The bottle looks beautiful,like deep ocean and smth electric as the name says itself, quite masculine. Hope it will be a well blended touch of freshness and sweetness cause i like the notes, but mostly, hope they will correct sillage and longevity. The "old" La Nuit would be ashamed if not so !

joov84
joov84

Again. Please lock the voting before the release.

Vanillacarmelcoffee
Vanillacarmelcoffee

Hope this one has longevity and not an "Eau de Eau".

manu.tq

I swear i was sitting yesterday night before going to bed, wondering myself how the next flanker of YSL L'Homme is going to look. My mind was telling me: "Would be fun if they made a black and blue bottle, or black and violet".
And now i woke up to this... WOW

siraog
siraog

I don't know why they release a flanker every year rather than focusing on increasing the performance of the originals. I will try this and maybe it will be good but, YSL should stop making a flanker under every possible name.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

Woah! Now doesn't this look interesting? Hmmm, I thought Yves Saint Laurent's L'Homme Ultime was supposed to be the final L'Homme flanker? Well I guess since this new release is technically a flanker of "La Nuit de L'Homme" that is how YSL is getting away with releasing another flanker.. After the last few La Nuit de L'Homme flankers failed to live up to the original La Nuit de L'Homme, I am actually surprised that they are giving it another shot! La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense was nice, but failed to live up to the original La Nuit de L'Homme & failed to live up to it's name L'Intense.. From the looks of it this new La Nuit de L'Homme Eau Electrique will be cashing in on the whole "blue" trend that fragrances like Chanel's Bleu De Chanel, Dior's Sauvage, & Versace's Pour Homme Dylan Blue are all about.. Now if this fragrance could incorporate some La Nuit de L'Homme DNA into that "blue" vibe than it may very well be an interesting fragrance! I can't wait to try this new flanker & I hope it will live up to the La Nuit de L'Homme name!