Designers » T-Z » Oriental « Groups

La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense Yves Saint Laurent for men

La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense Yves Saint Laurent for men
dislike

La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense Yves Saint Laurent for men Pictures

Line of fragrances for men L'Homme by YVES SAINT LAURENT receives another version this summer and it promises a more seductive twist, intensity and oriental character. It adds up to previous editions: La Nuit de l`Homme, La Nuit de L`Homme Le Parfum and La Nuit de l`Homme Frozen Cologne and arrives in the same characteristic flacon form as the above mentioned editions. As announced, LA NUIT DE L'HOMME L'INTENSE can be expected in the second half of August 2015.

Composition of fragrance La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense is created of deep, seductive oriental chords and reflects charisma, courage, strength and seduction of the contemporary man. Among the key ingredients are iris concrete, vanilla, tonka, patchouli, violet and sage.

Flacon of the perfume La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense is made of glass iridescent in shades from amber to black. The stopper is also made in black color. The fragrance can be obtained as 60 ml.

Violet iris

Ambre Noir

La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense Fragrance Reviews

Frample
Frample

You are inside. There is a fireplace burning and you just brought some more wood from outside. The wood is the old one that burns easily and a bit wet. And you are just about to drink a hot sweet mint tea. Combine all these and you get to YSL Nuit L'Intense in my opinion.
This is indeed the furthest one from the original DNA but it is definitely still present. But now it is buried more under some sweetness and a woody spicy vibe. Overall I find this quite pleasant and special. One big downside is that it doesn't last that long.

Times: autumn and winter mostly evening and night

Places and reasons: going to a bar, night club, date

Fragrance_Master
Fragrance_Master

Apparently, it's a fraud since it smells nothing like the original La Nuit de L'homme.
But, if you already bought this fragrance, don't just put it in your closet until its decomposition. I just found the solution for you.
Just spay once on your neck and once on the back of your neck. If you over apply, it will have a cruel bad smell that can be very irritating. But if you spray very little of this it will flow amazingly around you and will also get some compliments. Tried it myself.
Just a tip if you don't know what you do with your product or can't get your refund.

NO_coty_n_loreal
NO_coty_n_loreal

Similar to the opening from The One EDP.
Same happens with Longevity and Sillage, similar, as they both are the worst fragrances i've ever tried.
SH|T

LIFEPHORM
LIFEPHORM

Ohh, God! What a waste of money!
This is the worst and the poorest quality product ever smelled from YSL.

mamoon
mamoon

I buy this yesterday ,nice scent,but not special,but it last less than an hour and dissapear ,very weak performance ,i had to return it to the store, happy that i get rid of it.it is a waste of money.

remy.cullen.5
remy.cullen.5

This is definitely a love it or hate it fragrance. It is smooth and mysterious, sort of sweet and creamy, but not overpowering or cloying, it is something that I have never smelled before. I dont really why people complain about its performance - I got solid 8h from 1 spritz! Why would you want more?! The days of powerhouses are gone...
I love this fragrance for its elegance - it is a different take on refined taste from the one original La Nuit took, but not less valuable and it manages to strike the same note original does - just with different accords! It is for the same crowd and with the same intention - to leave a classy, sexy vibe. alluring and charismatic. In this age of knock offs and inoriginalities, I really dont see a reason to hate L Intense for what it is - a flanker of the original that offers a somewhat different take, kind of a castoreum to civet maybe? One of my top3 from the L Homme line!

Mark0
Mark0

I have to agree with Endymion, he isn't a snob, he's telling the truth, the two points he stated were justified. This is definitely not an EDP strength fragrance, to be fair i think this release is a slap in the face to the consumers and he's right, it doesn't even smell like la nuit.

I hated that one too, all completely overrated, the whole line of YSL spin offs are complete rubbish. La nuit was one of the most overrated fragrances of recent times.

YSl have cooked up some great fragrances over the years, they need to get back to them in my opinion and stop all these la Nuit and l'homme flankers.

People are allowed to like what they like, you're right,but,somebody who simply states the truth should also be allowed leeway to express their opinions.

@etternax
You don't understand the hate? Really?
Let me help you then:

1. It's named La nuit de l'homme yet it has NOTHING to do with La nuit de l'hoomm at all!
2. It's called L'intense and Eau de parfum yet it's NOT intense at all and has lower strength (both in longevity and projection) than of an Eau de toilette.

Now you get the hate?

This is a complete fraud!
Should have been called L'homme Sensual Cologne instead!

etternax
etternax

I do not understand the hate. The performance is average not poor, and the scent itself is warm, soft, and sensual.

It is the mellower softer sister of Dior Homme Intense with added violet.

It would work better in warmer temperatures if people are concerned about projection and longevity as the notes warm up with your body heat and reveal the true face of this scent.

7/10 for me

shayz
shayz

i wish the performance was good as the juice color

Spasticink
Spasticink

The scent itself is very nice, warm and sweet but the performance is just terrible :( not worth the price. 2 hours and *poof*, its skin scent which makes it totally unwearable (0 projection).

enocg21
enocg21

Big disappointed with this release. I had high hopes for this one. While the scent is ok, the performance is just horrible. This stays real close to the skin. You have to dig your nose to pick up the scent. Longevity is around 3 hours on me.

eren.ceylan
eren.ceylan

It has a original La nuit dna and nice scent BUT, after you worn, it's disappear only 45 minutes...

voyage lover
voyage lover

so bad scent , please return back the vintage one

Gelladon
Gelladon

When will YSL stop with these flankers it's so redundant. Not with that out the way I can wait to sniff this one out.

Ulriben
Ulriben

Maybe the best ysl l'homme, but still not that great. Smells like a pastille of some sort.

rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 9/10
sillage : 7/10
longevity :7/10
100% night fragrance
nice creamy and lipstick scent
mix between the original and DHI

pjd1234
pjd1234

this is the reason I stopped buying they flankers since lanuit del homme edt and parfum versions 3 yrs ago. Still got my 2011 versions edt/edp and they are still the best till now; and that's almost 5 yrs ago.

matty64
matty64

Hey Bart, Please give me a private message if you decide to visit the west coast of Florida! Lol, definitely not joking! Hee, cough...cough.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Well, is not primarily an intense version of La Nuit, do not expect it.
At least at first, opens with a fresh touch, fruity, like something from the traditional La Nuit, but in seconds disappears by iris powder touch and alternating with violet, my nose is more for the violet, powdery touch is less makeup, there is something '' metallic '' fresh, a touch less dense powder and more '' transparent ''.
When dry powder decreases in touch and merges with coumarin (Tonka) and perhaps the cedar, is more spicy and sweet, it has something like nuts, and slightly woody.
Yes has something of La Nuit in drying, but not so intense, of course, is a bit far, will later getting sweeter with vanilla nuances.
I expected it currently YSL, good, but nothing amazing

Guinea54
Guinea54

YSL to me is such an over rated hyped house that is crap to me. L'homme.. weak ass over rated fragrance. La nuit, their golden egg... Reformulated to piss water and doesn't last or project anymore. Now they have an intense and from what it sounds like another crappy performing fail. I think it is time to stop giving this friggin house so much hype and glory. Their fragrances suck.

Quillion
Quillion

"Boooooo!"

Shame on you YSL

This has the longevity of Ozzy Osbourne's power to retain and remember information...zero

Cutting corners to save a few pennies thinking nobody would be able to tell? Just because the bottle is darker doesn't change the fact that the juice is still thinner than the pre-formulated La'Niut EDT.

This is a joke! How insincere can a company get? They are fooling only themselves...

Teratologic
Teratologic

I think people have missed the REAL Selling Point of this release: its perfect composition for a newbie review!

In this liquid even a beginner (i.e. yours truly) will, possibly, detect ALL opening notes in ONE single sniff – the fragrantic equivalent to a hole-in-one. We may not know how to describe them, but they will be there and they will, for a short while, let us believe we are GENIUSES with a sense of smell only gods allow and provide!

“Iris? Check! Violet? Check! (may be confused with each other) That dental caries candy shop smell? You mean vanilla? Check!” Don’t bother about the base notes. Those are not for our kind. At least not yet. Just say “Tonka” or “Green”. That will let you through.

Then it will suddenly stop. And you will wonder why. That’s because the ride is over. Your four minutes have passed. Please insert new coins.

As for my own humble opinion, I rate this as a fine tuned Fahrenheit (90’s batches) that grown men can wear without blushing. A dark, high-powered mutant – with a life-span of a sneeze... Which is a damn shame, because this fragrance really SPEAKS to me.

Imagine if they had bothered to add some anchor molecules to those base notes. Just a few. Even one.

A shame indeed.

bart4543
bart4543

i have farts that last longer than this

samlovefragrance
samlovefragrance

It's just mind bugging to see today's fragrance brands struggling with longevity and projection issues. They're like "we're trying to make a perfume that can last for more than 2 hours without re-applying, we'll try!!" RIDICULOUS!

I know some middle eastern perfume brands that a single drop or spray lasts a whole day, and they charge a fraction of the price of those big money making perfume houses. Shame. D&G will release next a "the one: eau de parfum intense" maybe, and it'll still last for 2 hours tops. ENOUGH ALREADY!

Endymion

First of all, I was shocked how much it's not similar to La Nuit de L'homme! No, no, no, no similarity at all! Why the hell do they name it as a flanker when it's a completely different scent? Why?
It's floral, soft, very subtle. A bit feminine too, like the "modern" male perfumes of our days.
Secondly, don't be fooled by the name! It's not intense at all! It's soft, sillage and projection are below average, it's a skin scent and doesn't last long. The paper stip I sprayed 8 times yesterday doesn't carries any smell today.
And it's titled "eau de parfum". Yeah, sure, my @ss. It's a cologne! An Eau.
This should have released as a new perfume for men and named Eau or L'Eau.
Disappointed.

Miss Precious Orchid
Miss Precious Orchid

Definately my kind of scent. My luck, i wanted samples of the original and they only had this one. I must say i like the opening of the original so beautiful but the dry down is that masculine DNA that i can't appreciate and imo would obviously work better on a man. This one appeals to me from opening, middle and drydown. Iris &patchouli soft bomb that i find very pleasurable.

bigbz
bigbz

It's been a little over an hour ago since I did my first spray....opening definitely has that transparent iris note that the Dior Homme line is known for. Which I wasn't expecting.(guess I should have looked at the note list!lol) And now that's kind of moving to the back and letting the slightly spicy and sweet vanilla/tonka to come forward.

Doesn't really remind me of original La Nuit much at all.(except for the slight powdery-ness) This one is much smoother and cut WAY back on the spiciness of the original La Nuit. Also I swear, I'm smelling some amber or something that resembles it in the background as well.

Honestly, this is a pleasant surprise! I'm normally not a fan of iris or powdery scents...but the first impression I'm getting is a pretty positive one! Kind of a cross of the opening of Dior Homme/Intense with a lovely vanilla/tonka note not too far from Ultra Male's to my nose....nicely balanced frag.

Looking forward to this first full wearing to see how it develops and to test out the longevity...but it's plenty strong smelling so far to my nose.

Edit-the first full wearing went well...turns out longevity was very good. Got a solid 8hrs of being able to smell it easily on my hand and about 10hrs total before it was just barely detectable. However, like with some EDP's the projection and sillage dropped off drastically after the first couple of hours. Despite that disappointment, it's by no means a deal breaker as I still really enjoy this fragrance.

Edit #2 2/5/17 I just LOVE this fragrance! Every time I put it on, I'm enamored with its lovely/creamy/sweet/aromatic floral smell. Just such a wonderful and well blended composition. I seriously don't get all bad reviews for this.

Twilight99
Twilight99

I just got my bottle today. It's nice. It's a bit sharp in the beginning, but soon settles down to a nice scent. The Iris is definitely there to make it different enough from the original. Le Parfum is still my favourite. I see Intense as a more modern perfume and with the times, but for me modern is not always better.

lovetribe
lovetribe

the fragrance most pointless ever created . It wears off after a quarter of an hour .

antonpan
antonpan

Thanks God, this one is still La Nuit that we love. But it became more thoughtful and more "gentleman". They removed the fruity part making the edges rounder, powdery. The scent hasn't become irisy nor DH Intense clone nor Fahrenheit Absolute clone nor Lanvin Avant Garde clone. La Nuit L'Intense is 85% of La Nuit with 15% of a dark powdery feel of Dior Homme Intense.

The sillage is lower, the longevity is higher. The fragrance doesn't scream and that's the achievement.

Molko
Molko

Finally arrived in the local shop and I could test it. At first on my skin smells alike harsh and strong Lanvin Avant garde and original Nuit de'l homme, after 30 minutes turns more soft, powdery like Dior homme intense and edp ediiton, but smoother and hasn't got the strong lipstick vibe. I think I'll skip Nuit intense, lasts 5 hours, it's a skin scent after about 1 hour and not so unique, I have Avant garde and Dior homme intense, so I don't need this.

josevancouver
josevancouver

My bottles of La Nuit de L'Homme Intense and The One for Men Parfum arrived in the mail from Italy yesterday, and I'm just formulating my first impressions. Here are my initial thoughts on La Nuit Intense:

- not 'intense' compared to original La Nuit. Not even close. This is far softer and less 'in your face'. If you are looking for a louder or darker version of La Nuit original, get the Le Parfum version instead.

- not a clone of Dior Homme. I love Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense....similar genre I guess, but I'm not mistaking this for Dior Homme at all. Far less floral to my nose.

- The iris, vanilla and violet in this gives this fragrance a soft, powdery floral scent.

Initial thoughts? I like it. I have a bottle of the original La Nuit, but have never warmed up to it. I think other people like La Nuit original more on me than I like it on myself. This is not a projection monster. It's not the kind of fragrance you wear to a club. I do think it's a soft, sensual scent and my first wearing of this has been a positive one.

taabbatkhairan
taabbatkhairan

أقرب للانوي ماء الزينة _الإصدار الأول _ مع لمحة خشبية وبودرية

flames2
flames2

Wasn't a fan off the original but this one is deffinately a bar above , if your a dior homme fan and love the flankers then check this one out as its kinda like dior homme mixed with splendid wood minus the oud and add patchouli faintly in the background after about an hour later you begin to smell the original la nuit de l'homme but still with the iris and the other notes, tried it in selfridges and bought a 100ml mmm loving it, it's a first impression as purchased only today and need time to explore it fully but loving the first experience

shravanevana
shravanevana

Let me sum things up in a few sentences for you...

1. It has the DNA of the original, but a very faintly and only noticeable in the first one minute of application.

2. This is mainly a soft, slightly sweet & powdery, floral (Iris-dominant) scent. The patchouli adds some depth to it and is the main reason for the "Intense" tag on it.

3. It is very weak in the performance department.
Longevity - 4-5hrs
Projection - 1hr

4. Not a bad scent, but neither worth the price tag, nor worth a full bottle for me.

5. Women might not compliment you as much as they do for the original.

Again, this is all in my personal opinion. If it works for you, great! If it's your new signature scent, even better! But definitely not for me!

Full review on my YouTube channel: FragBoy Stewie!

mikemuscles21

Ah ha! Figured it out. Iris Concrete is a Firmenich molecule. It must be a patented name for that note. Its hard to say where the real Orris is and isn't it seems. For me at least. An untrained nose.

I have to say I didn't hate this one. Didn't love it either.

mikemuscles21

Iris concrete? Now that's a new one.

the_badger

With all the money made by the original La Nuit de L'Homme, and all the money this could potentially make, one would think YSL has the funds to make this one good right?
So I got myself a sample of it and this is what I think. YSL must have realized they do not want to go down the One Million path of nuclear sillage and destruction, that thing is loud and quite repulsive. They must have also realized many people were spraying la nuit in a way so to achieve that same thick cloud of sillage. This is all wrong. Perfume should be playful, mysterious, intriguing, attractive. That's what makes the other person to want to get closer to you and this is what this release achieves. It's made so no matter how many sprays you do, it will not overwhelm nearby noses. The scent here is thinner and it comes and goes away and for hours I would get whiff of it every now and then. Beautiful. My conclusion is YSL is trying to set themselves apart from other designers and get to Creed's standards of quality in scent. Or I could be totally wrong and YSL is just being cheap. Either way, I like it very much and I would wear it everyday to office. Don't use it for clubbing, that's what One Million is for.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Basically, this is a toned down version of the original la nuit de l'homme with an added iris note that pretty much resembles that of Dior Homme Intense. The opening (first 5 mins) is the same as Dior's. I prefer both of the two mentioned fragrances over this one but it still a good fragrance.

Ivano
Ivano

I really liked this. It smells like violet with a dry smell in the background that seemed spicy that probably is tonka but not a powdery one.

It smelled really good. It actually reminded me of Arsene Lupin Dandy of Guerlain which is a smell that I love.

The projection is low but longevity very good.

I strongly recommend trying this one. It's quite different to the original and IMO better. Smells rich and deep.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I ran into this new La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense today and I am glad that I did.. I sprayed a few squirts on my wrist so this is just my first impression.. La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense opens up fresh, sweet, and floral.. There is lots and lots of iris in this fragrance, especially in the opening & it smells great.. Vanilla and tonka are also a big part of this fragrance, they add sweetness to this scent but in a soft gentle way.. There is touches of patchouli in the base which ground the fragrance.. But most of what I get from this scent is a soft iris vanilla tonka fragrance which indeed smells a bit like Dior Homme.. Picture a softer toned down Dior Homme with touches of the spicy La Nuit de L'Homme DNA drifting throughout and that is pretty much what this L'Intense smells like.. Now a lot of people are under the impression that Intense flankers are supposed to be stronger and perform better than the original, but that is "not" the case at all.. Intense flankers are actually only supposed to be a darker, warmer, take on the original fragrance.. "Intense" has nothing to do with performance.. This L'Intense certainly does not perform better than the original but neither is it a darker, warmer, take on the original La Nuit.. If you want a darker, warmer take on La Nuit than check out the "Le Parfum".. This L'Intense is actually a much softer, lighter, floral take on the La Nuit theme.. This new L'Intense will get plenty of hate for all of these reasons but that doesn't take away from the fact that this fragrance does smell amazing! I really enjoyed this fragrance and it is on my wish list!

smora
smora

Briefly, YSL La Nuit de l'Homme meets Fahrenheit Absolute. Unfortunately not resulting with synergistic effect, because the best features of both perfumes are hidden in this l'Intense. Lavender, cardamom and iris paired with sweet darker notes of tonka and vanilla, but this alcoholic sweetness lacks refinement. Seems this perfume's target groups are more mature 1 Million lovers. Le Parfum version in my opinion is more successful attempt to make La Nuit darker. L'Intense is nothing groundbreaking, and just an average release.

Rating: sweet ***

the_badger

Is YSL so embarrassed by this that they didn't even put the name of the perfumer(s) involved?

dmd63

Nothing new about this one.

Don´t get me wrong, it smells good (not great), but it is exactly the same than Dior´s Fahrenheit Absolute.

Find out the cheaper one and go for it.

Fraichey
Fraichey

Tried 3 sprays on the same part of my arm and the projection and scent were really weak. Very similar smell to DH, but in a much lower league. Even the normal La Nuit is a much better scent with much better longevity and projection.

Also the bottle is more of an orange than red (like the press pictures).

Really disappointing.

jeremy fragrance
jeremy fragrance

Just released my first impressions Video of this on my youtube channel "jeremyfragrance"!

smoj
smoj

found this unexpectedly today in geneva.

right off the first spray it was fruity (i thought it smelled of plum or dates?!? whatever) and very Dior Homme-Esque.

within 90 minutes after a good 2 sprays on the back of the hand it has turned into a skin scent, with a very powdery original la nuit smell.

would i buy it? No.

if i wanted the opening i'd buy a bottle of Dior Homme Intense (which i plan to do today at the airport)

if i wanted the dry down, i already have a bottle of La nuit de l'homme EDT and it lasts longer then both the parfum and the intense.

Valfar
Valfar

*Spoiler Alert!* This is going to be a bad review!

I couldn't be more disappointed about this fragrance. This was one of the MOST anticipated fragraces this year, since i own and have La nuit de L'homme, which i love, but a slightly better performance wouldn't hurt. Still in my top 10 though.
But this? I can seem to understand the purpose of this release. Intense? This is a bad joke. The sillage and longevity votes are not lying. This is one of the most light fragrances i've ever tried. To have an ideea of how light i'm talking about, this has an even lower performance than D&G's The One. I was at Sephora today with a friend and sprayed first on paper, and it's so soft that my friend asked me "are you sure you sprayed fragrance on this?" then i applied one more spray, then other 2 on my wrist and put the paper in my pocket. First i get a very evident iris note, which reminded me of the opening of Dior Homme, some pathouli and a hint of violet, and... that's about it. Somehow the original La nuit's DNA it's very evident, althouth the notes pyramid it's not so similar. On my wrist the scent was gone in (and i'm not exagerating!!) less than 20 minutes. My friend who was with me can confirm. Keept the paper anyway in my pocket on my way home for a better, detailed analysis. On the paper it's barely noticeable after 2 hours, with 2 solid sprays applied.
Weak, weak, weak! A very weak release from such a respected house with many high quallity fragrances. Thinking about blind-buying this? Save your money for anything else.
Overall rating:
Performance: 1/10
Originality: 2

groover
groover

Wow got this today and this is pure
heaven for me, first off it smells
like an updated Dior homme intense,
then it floats off and start to smell
like la nuit, its not as strong as i
first thought, i think la Nuit is stronger,
but this is one smooth perfume, i will get back
with more impressions as i test it further.

rer227
rer227

I love l'homme and all of its flankers, with la nuit being bring my favorite of the bunch. I absolutely cannot wait for this, and will blind buy. I'll also pick up the original which I've akwaysv enjoyed but never pulled the trigger on. That la nuit intense bottle is awesome btw

Mitslol
Mitslol

I went to the local store to try this one today, and my girlfriend (I must say that my girlfriend prefers fresh fragrences) and my mother didn't like it. I was suprised cause this is supposed to be a pantydropper.

I thought it was okay but I was not shocked. I must have tried the reformulated version which is not as good as the original cause sillage was not that good. Longevity was better but still not great.

I also tried the new Intense version of this what started with a bad flowery alcoholic smell (maybe I sprayed too much) and dried down to a really sweet smell which reminded me a bit of Dior Homme Intense but toned down a bit. Longevity and projection on the new Intense version is better than the original, which is to be expected cause it is an EDP. But my girlfriend didn't liked it and my mother thought it was too sweet for a man.

La nuit de l'homme: 5/10 (I don't like to give it a bad score cause I really wanted to love it)
La nuit de l'homme Intense: 6.5/10 (better longevity and projection)

aliks
aliks

I think it is a good evolution of La nuit de l'Homme, smellling less artificial and warmer because of a main "lipstick" (iris) note that dominates at first spray. The synthetic vanilla base which I dislike in the original seems to be tamed down due to this new composition. I smells a little more feminine but more elegant and orginal too I think.

Proctor
Proctor

I'm not sure why, but this was released in New Zealand from the start of July and has been selling out fast. I went to the store and took away some of this on testing paper to compare with the original La nuit de L'homme. I asked for several peoples blind opinions of what they thought of the two and they seemed to collectively prefer the intense version which they thought to be more inviting and they even noted that it was 'fruitier. This version smells altogether different from La nuit de L'homme whereas I can easily notice the similarities between L'homme and La nuit de l'homme. From my limited experience with this fragrance, I can see this being superior to anything in the L'homme line which will garner alot of attention and it sets itself apart from the rest of the pack.

joov84
joov84

it seems that YSL haters are voting. so immature

Damingo
Damingo

The bottle colourway to me look like a collaboration of YSL & Dior Fahrenheit..
Looks osom in my opinion..
Most anticipated for this to arrive & try.

warlockss
warlockss

the color of this bottle looks good enough to eat .

dubairob
dubairob

Folks, there's a lot of misdirected argument in relation to the flanker issue here. While it is true that the YSL L'Homme line now has 13 different editions - which is overkill by anybody's standards - the issue is the nature of the fragrance, and ultimately how good it is. Not what name is on the bottle.

Anybody who has been interested in fragrances over the last ten years or so will have seen the ongoing avalanche of flankers which now dominate the shelves of mainstream perfumery. L'Oreal seems to be at the far end of the spectrum with what they are doing with the YSL L'Homme line - and I truly feel sorry for the uninformed customers who don't take the time to properly test fragrances or find out how close another edition is to a favourite.

However, that is not an issue for those of us on this site who are careful about testing a fragrance beforehand and determining how much it meets our critical expectations. For informed purchasers, it really doesn't matter what name is on the bottle. We know by the merest testing that, for example, the Parfum version of La Nuit is significantly different from the original, etc. And there will be people who swear by the Parfum version over the EDT.

In essence, the point to understand is that the redundancy of mainstream marketing does not necessarily imply a redundancy of creativity in perfumery. And it would be a shame if people who otherwise may really enjoy this fragance dismiss it because it is "yet another flanker".

Me, I am really looking forward to this. The bottle itself seems to suggest the recently discontinued Fahrenheit Absolute, and gets me wondering how much violet is in this. I am really interested in how they blend these notes...none of which appear in the original La Nuit.

Just hope that the use of iris doesn't try to mimic the Dior Homme line too much. This really would show a degree of redundancy on the part of the perfumers as well as the marketers.

Shoshi
Shoshi

This perfume HAS been released, I smelled it at Sephora. I really like it! It's better, smoother, deeper than the regular La Nuit or the L'Homme.

XLsizeNoodle
XLsizeNoodle

The rating system isn't about interest, if you don't find interest in this, no need to dislike it... It only says a lot about your personality and on how superficial you are which is quite ironic since fragheads are the ones who look deep into a fragrance instead of judging it from the notes or the initial blast...

Otakar Ishar
Otakar Ishar

EN SAVOIR PLUS:
Une fragrance qui mêle élégance et séduction
Une explosion de senteurs, un cocktail oriental empli de fraicheur et des effluves pleins de séduction : c'est toute la promesse que nous dévoile l'eau de toilette La Nuit De L'Homme de Yves Saint Laurent à chaque vaporisation. Dédié aux hommes ténébreux qui aiment jouer de leur charme, ce parfum masculin joue avec les codes de la virilité en nous proposant une fragrance empreinte de notes poivrées et d'un soupçon de labdanum. Mais c'est avant tout son fond boisé et sa touche de vétiver qui viennent envoûter nos sens et nous plonger dans un univers mystérieux. L'eau de toilette La Nuit De L'Homme de Yves Saint Laurent, c'est avant tout une histoire de séduction qui livre ses secrets au travers d'un échange olfactif fait de contrastes et de dualités. Entre élégance et détresse, la structure de ce parfum pour homme fait chavirer les femmes dans son sillage, au point de bouleverser tous les sens.

Un parfum fait de contrastes
Quand la fraicheur de la cardamome rencontre la sophistication du bois de Cèdre, c'est pour créer une véritable intensité qui embrouille notre perception des choses ! De la lavande à la coumarine, en passant par le cœur de vétiver et le vétiver d'Haïti, les séducteurs ne peuvent que succomber devant une telle combinaison olfactive qui vient stimuler les sens. Jouant sur des contrastes d'ombres et de lumières, l'eau de toilette La Nuit De L'Homme de Yves Saint Laurent se déploie dans un florilège de senteurs épicées et puissantes. Imposant sa sensation de force au travers d'un cœur délicat et léger, ce parfum pour homme apparait comme une véritable incarnation du charme ténébreux. Et son flacon ne déroge pasnon plus à la règle. Avec son dégradé noir de bas en haut qui rappelle le côté mystérieux de cette fragrance masculine, le contenant se pose comme un objet de convoitise qui viendra chatouiller le bon goût des hommes raffinés !

dmd63

WHY VOTE IF THE COLOGNE IS ONLY DUE IN AUGUST?

WHAT A BUNCH OF HYSTERICAL AND IGNORANT MORONS!

GET A LIFE AND STOP FUCK..NG UP THIS WEBSITE.

GODDAMM IT!!

SNOOPY
SNOOPY

Completely different notes.
Be interesting to see if it smells similarly to the original or which of the numerous flankers it resembles.
Still have the original LA NUIT but I don't wear often as I find it boring now..

Endymion

6 people already voted on longevity and 8 people voted on sillage. Yet no review made about actually testing the fragrance and how it smells.
Who are these people who vote on a fragrance's longevity and sillage without even smelling it???? C'mon!!!

eng.a
eng.a

how did people love this fragrance before even smeeling it? not only that, they have decided whether its long lasting or very long lasting...
pathetic try from marketing people..
i have seen a lot of biasing reqarding YSL and i am really hating it so much
this site because of this kind of people is losing its credibility..

Endymion

The bottle looks stunning, very bad ass, I admit. BUT...
Don't we already have La nuit de L'homme Parfum (which should have been an intense version of the original) for God's sake???!
I'm really really really really really bored of YSL L'homme line! REALLY!
In the perfumeries you can't find any other YSL male fragrances (Kouros, Jazz, Opium, Rive Gauche, Pour Hommme etc.) only the L'homme line, nothing else.

Will YSL release a brand new male fragrance ever again which is not part of the L'homme line? Will they?

To refresh your memory:
La nuit de L"homme Frozen Cologne
L'homme Libre
L'homme Libre Cologne Toniq
L'homme Sport

And that's not enough? Really?

Btw, those who already vote for the fragrance without even sniffing it are complete idiots, period.

hernie
hernie

Lòreal has all the fault. Cèst diabolique...

LadyKiller
LadyKiller

Excited about this

MeThePerson
MeThePerson

...uuhf!...
There was nothing wrong with the original!
Dear YSL,
Why, oh why, oh why, oh why didn't you just release this as a different fragrance? Sure, you should have gone straight to the L'Homme intense as the original was as long lasting as a butterfly, but La Nuit was balanced and well blended with a good hold on the skin. I won't go on any more than that, but if you're going to be so cautious and staid about a fragrance that you hide it under the heritage of the previous 'safe' seller in order to guarantee the extension of life of what is obviously dying in its own grave, then that's your choice. Would Yves be so proud of this legacy?
Yes @Pinnacos.

bluecs9
bluecs9

Why would you vote already? it's not even out...how can people already know the notes and classify the silage and longevity if they have never smelled it. You're just making this BIASED...
Great...

onlymynoseknows
onlymynoseknows

Based on the notes, it will be not a stronger version of the original La Nuit. The current La Nuit is a watered down version of the original.

mesziman
mesziman

Would you stop voting for unreleased fragrance please?!

qsatgb88
qsatgb88

Interesting notes. Hope it's not a disappointment like L'Homme Intense!

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

Just, NO.

Next year YSL will be pushing a La Nuit de l'Homme Ultra Supreme Intensa Supreme Extrait. And it'll still be a skin scent.

mshilov
mshilov

LNDL'H is a rare exception from L'Oreal humiliation of YSL heritage and brand identity. I really hope the newcomer is as bold and unique as the original fragrance. And the bottle looks great, totally in Saint Laurent spirit.

Gokhanburak53
Gokhanburak53

Hope it'll be a non-synthetic fragrance, notes seem promising

Pyrzy
Pyrzy

I can't wait to try this one out! There already is a La Nuit De l'Homme Le Parfum, but it is pretty different from the original La Nuit. Still, pretty strange to release another La Nuit -flanker to be honest. YSL is overdoing it a bit with the l'Homme flankers, but I still can't wait to smell this one out!

spcmiller
spcmiller

Might be really great. In any event, it must be tried!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense by Yves Saint Laurent. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Nuit de L'Homme L'Intense by Yves Saint Laurent represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.